Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Season Finale: The Runaway Runway

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I love the house , it even has a porte cochère. Heather would approve

Lol...yes, Heather would. I think that inside style of Kyle’s home is going to be more warm (colors, comfortable furniture etc) than Heather’s sterile gray one. Not as fussy either. 

• Love 2

Aww the "portico chere". 

The mirrored bed frame. Is mirrored furniture still a thing? I remember it from 10 years ago, at Pier One for crying out loud!

ETA: The Canadian one!

ETA: In the suburbs!

Edited by Jel
  • Love 2

The mirrored bed frame was from Kyle's old house.  Not a fan.

I love Kyle but her taste at times, whether in decorating or fashion, leaves a little something to be desired.  Her taste in home....well, I love.

OMG.  The bathing suits.  The big huge logo.  Just tacky.  Sorry Dorinda.  I still don't understand why if you were such a great designer, why didn't you use the same name as the bathing suit line you had before you married PK and had kids?  Wouldn't that have made sense?  Something rotten is in the state of Denmark on that.

• Love 5

Sorry OT...but please join me... ?

Boycott Bravo UNLESS...

Dont Be Tardy for the Party is cancelled!

enough is enough..and after RHOA reunion part 3...it is obvious Bravo has created a monster...The Wig!

i will follow thru but hate giving up my guilty pleasures watching if cancellation doesn’t occur.

please join me!. Let’s at least send a message!

18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle is recruiting Faye. 

Kyle's selection of decorator -- much like her selection of wardrobe -- needs an overhaul.

Kyle obviously approved of the designs and decor. 

Well, Kyle is a bit limited so....

• Love 7
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle's career-she did work steadily from age 5 and starred in a sitcom, I have never heard of, "Down to Earth" in 106 episodes from 1984-1987.  Kyle has kept her foot in the pond so to speak-far more than Kim after about age 16.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724202/

"Down to Earth" I completely blanked on the name, but I totally remember watching that show. It's probably like a lot of shows from that time period and is completely unwatchable now. Like a few months back I caught an old episode of Different Strokes while hanging out with my best friend. As luck would have it, it just happened to be an episode that included Kim as a special guest. We had a hell of a time laughing at just how bad the acting was. 

• Love 3

The previous owners destroyed that beautiful old home. Yes, there were some necessary updates that needed to be done (the old kitchen was hideous though the layout was mostly fine), but it was such a beautiful home for the most part. I hate the new floors and the walls they removed. It's still a nice house but, IMO, it looked better before. Kyle's taste in home decor has always been awful but at least most of her changes don't appear to be permanent, except for the staircase (I literally died a little inside when she said wanted to replace the wood). I also think she ruined her old home in Bel Air with those "updates". Why do people buy historic homes only to make them look modern inside? It's not like Los Angeles doesn't have enough post WWII homes that would fit better with modern tastes and don't have character to destroy. You can never get back the original detailing. My heart is broken.

• Love 6
On 4/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Culver City? With a name like Beverly Beach you’d think she’d have it somewhere in the 90210 zip code area. 

On 4/18/2018 at 7:36 AM, KungFuBunny said:

I think the "press seats" were all empty.

LA Fashion Week is held along Sunset Boulevard - first week of October. They should have had the event there - there are multiple venues that could have accommodated them easily as Fashion Week was over but the space and existing runways were open.

What press is going to want to drive 11 miles out of LA? From what I've gathered - 11 miles might equal an hour or more drive depending on the traffic.

Culver City is in LA.  It is kinda smack dab in the middle of the Western half of the basin.  The part her show was in is probably equidistant from downtown and Santa Monica (~5 miles) and just south of Century City (3-5 miles) and Beverly Hills (3-5 miles).  Hollywood and WeHo are also very close.  It's not like it's up in the valley or some shit.  Distances are estimates, I live 1.5 miles away from the location of the show.  For years LA Fashion Week was at the Smashbox Studios in Culver City.  But that's not where Dorit's show was.  It was in a strip of warehouse buildings that is being torn down to build an office campus.  I thought it was already all being torn down in October, but maybe not.  I couldn't tell you if it is even torn down right now or not even though I was across the street this weekend and drive by all the time, but most of the stuff in that strip closed down last summer.  Anyway after Fashion Week stopped being at Smashbox it splintered off into a bunch of shows that are in different locations.  The one that claims to be the "official" LAFW was on Sunset this past March, but was downtown last October, and I think it will be in Beverly Hills this October.  I don't think they just leave the runways up for weeks and weeks waiting for any scraggling 3rd tier fashions shows that might need them -- the production spaces are used for all kinds of things.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:25 PM, biakbiak said:

10,600 square feet. 

What a tiny little dump :)

On 4/20/2018 at 3:52 AM, wallofsound said:

I’ve always heard that Kevin Lee was the inspiration for Martin Short’s character in Father of the Bride, but that movie came out in 1991.   It was probably in production for two years prior to that.   Who the hell heard about Kevin Lee in 1989??   Was he seriously a force to be reckoned with on the Beverly Hills event planning scene thirty years ago?  I highly doubt that.  He probably modeled himself after Martin Short. 

He did a lot of celebrity events in the 90s, so I could buy that someone working on the movie knew of him even if he wasn't "famous".  But I also think a lot of his affect is a put on.  

• Love 2
On 4/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, Jel said:

Aww the "portico chere". 

The mirrored bed frame. Is mirrored furniture still a thing? I remember it from 10 years ago, at Pier One for crying out loud!

ETA: The Canadian one!

ETA: In the suburbs!

In a way, it is cool that she keeps her old furniture and does not feel the need to redo and rebuy.

She seems to like that mirrored look, “Hollywood regency style”.

If her pieces were original and good quality, it could have been expensive. It just does not go with the houses that she seems to like (more east coast colonials type) imo.

Also, I would hate to be the maid cleaning all those mirrored surfaces.

The location of the house is a deal breaker, imo. How long would it take with LA traffic to go anywhere??????

Bigger is not always better....

• Love 1
On 4/21/2018 at 10:07 PM, Duke2801 said:

Idk but feel free to peruse is IMDB.com if you really want to know. 

Like, who said Kyle has a “huge” body of work? Certainly don’t recall Kyle herself saying that-but feel free to correct me if there’s a clip or a quote I don’t know about.

Further, I feel like Kyle freely admits that Kim was the bigger and more well-known actress of the 2 of them. So I’m not sure why people are feeling the need to disparage her about this particular topic. 

Kyle has never said she was a bigger actress than Kim, but she has inferred that she was a bigger actress than she really was. Seems peculiar that you are so sensitive to my original post and that it bothers you so much.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Kyle has never said she was a bigger actress than Kim, but she has inferred that she was a bigger actress than she really was. Seems peculiar that you are so sensitive to my original post and that it bothers you so much.

Well I thought it peculiar that your original post seemed to imply that you weren’t aware of what shows and films Kyle starred in when she was younger; yet in the next sentence implied that Kyle was lying or exaggerating about her body of work. So I suppose we’re even.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, KungFuBunny said:

personality-lisa-vanderpump-attends-the-

Is there a Vampires R Us near Lisa's house?

I love LVP but lord she has the worst taste. I know most of her outfits probably cost more then my car, but they always look bargain bin.

• Love 6
On 4/17/2018 at 6:11 PM, sadiebyuca said:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!
Did you hear Mauricio say that Teddi's husband was putting in their security system in the new house?!?!  He said he wanted the biggest and the best system out there.
Guess that didn't work!

I caught that too! If this had been The Real Housewives of New Jersey I’d be screaming “It was an inside job!”

9 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I caught that too! If this had been The Real Housewives of New Jersey I’d be screaming “It was an inside job!”

LOL!  -especially if Gorga was in charge of installing the system.  Has anyone checked Melissa's store for the stolen stuff? Wasn't she recently caught selling knock-off Chanel bags?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/17/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bronzedog said:

I want to watch Kyle's show, but, from the little we saw, it looked like a badly acted soap opera.  Hope I'm wrong.

It was sooo cringe-worthy when there was a "joke" on the show and Kyle was the only one of the ladies who laughed (and then maybe one or two laughed politely in response).  Oy. 

Kyle's new home is gorgeous, but I just can't with her design aesthetic.  A light-up quartz table?  Changing out that beautiful railing?  To each her own and everything but... just, no.  She's like that couple in Beetlejuice.  

PS - I still like "Nava" better than "Beverly Beach."

Edited by ladle
Spelling
  • Love 3