Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Season Finale: The Runaway Runway

• Start Topic

Tonight I foolishly watched the season finale live.  I never do that and it was a huge mistake.    There were a few scenes I would have gladly fast forwarded.    The episode was boring as was the season.      I still dislike Dorit THE MOST and Ericka is a close second.   When I started watching this season after a two year HW hiatus, Kyle wasn't bothering me as much as she did in previous seasons.   Between the Berlin episode and tonight's I remember all too well what a whiny brat she is.

Did anyone else notice that Kyle and Teddi put on ankle weights to do squats?   Then took them off to run.   DUH!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Geez, Dorit! I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season. But you are impossible. It’s a bit sh- -ty of LVP to take you out of the magazine without telling you? You were very sh- -ty during the entire shoot, complaining that you wanted your own people to do your makeup, complaining that LVP had misrepresented to you what the shoot involved, complaining how terrible the photos were. If the photos were as terrible as you insisted, why would you even want them to appear in the magazine. You are ridiculous. 

Dorit doesn't have a leg to stand on if she wants to go to war over this issue! At the reunion, it'll blow up and I'll be on LVP's side even though I know she's doing it to punish Dorit for other slights! Taking her pics out of the magazine was just a topper after demeaning her again and again at the BD party for LVP! No one deserved it more, but she still hasn't learned her lesson bringing up old drama to rehash it yet again! I keep saying Dorit's smarter than this, but maybe I'm wrong; maybe she's a true head-case and has no idea how foolish she's coming off! ;-(

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Funnier is that only one hors d'oevre will be served - I guess they all have to share

I don't know if anybody else has pointed it out because I haven't read through but that is correct with the French spelling.  It doesn't change for singular vs plural.  For some reason, we add an "s" on the end in English. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Mad props to Kyle for the shade she threw at Dorit, telling LVP she could hand model and with no glam squad!  Ha ha ha! 

Have you seen Kyle's "man hands" I don't think so.  I think Kyle has been pissed off all year LVP kept giving Dorit the magazine covers and shoots.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I don't know if anybody else has pointed it out because I haven't read through but that is correct with the French spelling.  It doesn't change for singular vs plural.  For some reason, we add an "s" on the end in English. 

It's ETIQUETTE!!!

:)

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Have you seen Kyle's "man hands" I don't think so.  I think Kyle has been pissed off all year LVP kept giving Dorit the magazine covers and shoots.

I didn't necessarily take it as "shade" saying she didn't need a glam squad! Only someone as insecure as Dorit would instantly take it as an insult and petulantly start more drama! I couldn't be bothered with someone as high-maintenance as Dorit! I refuse to live in her deluded reality! ;-)

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Just now, psychoticstate said:

Kyle most definitely doesn't have the hands to model - - which is why it's such awesome shade and funny as hell.

To be honest, I didn't even think it was "shade" - I thought she was just joking and fooling around.  She has been a pain and ruined 2 of Dorit's "special nights" (NY and swimwear - PK's party was Dorit's fault because Kyle was only sticking up for Teddi after Dorit started it) but at this point I thought Dorit was being over-sensitive and taking offense where none was intended

Just now, princelina said:

To be honest, I didn't even think it was "shade" - I thought she was just joking and fooling around.  She has been a pain and ruined 2 of Dorit's "special nights" (NY and swimwear - PK's party was Dorit's fault because Kyle was only sticking up for Teddi after Dorit started it) but at this point I thought Dorit was being over-sensitive and taking offense where none was intended

ETA:  @Fiero425 - Jinx!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I do not like the decor in Kyle's new house AT ALL. Everything is gray & white, and cold. No warmth.

It matches her persona; cold, dark, with a sprinkling of light! ;-)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

The problem was that no one turned on the security system. They don't work unless you turn them on! LOL

Actually, the photographer (short guy) made that decision, not Lisa. And, they did still use the Dorit photos, just not those with her face in them. They cropped out her face because she complained about every single picture they took!

Kyle has been doing this to Lisa since season 1! It is a game she plays and now she is doing it to Erika as well.

They had the alarm system turned on-they ignored the alerts.  

LVP took the hit-I am thinking the short guy didn't like Dorit's face and I would agree they photos weren't flattering.  She looked too heroin chic, LVP should have let Dorit know when the decision was made.

It as if Kyle doesn't realize there is film where she and LVP, and DOrit made cracks about the situation.

LVP has to tolerate Kyle-especially now that Kyle is a burglary victim.

Teddi wore an ice skating costume to the fashion show.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

You could tell River wanted all the ladies to tour the house so the table would be left unguarded!

Maybe he's in cahoots with Bambi the potato stealer?

4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

River and Chloe!  I loved Chloe’s little yip after Kyle scolded her.

And again, shut up Dorit.  I don’t even have the energy for an exclamation point anymore.

Poor River must be the omega with little Chloe up his ass and policing him.  I understand why large/jumper Storm would have been kept away from the guests but why Bambi?  I have noticed over the years that River and Bambi don't seem to spend much time together.  River's usually glued to Kyle and Bambi was more the one who greeted guests at the door and socialized.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HelloOutThere said:

I literally LOL’d when Lisa mentioned that Dorit’s face was cropped out of the magazine because in England they punish misbehaving with an “Off with her head!!” She really is the Queen of Diamonds. 

I think it’s funny that Kyle felt the need to produce “American Woman” (which looks awful, sorry to say) to “tell her story.” It’s like...you already exposed all of your family’s dirty laundry by being on this show! It started with “YOU’RE AN ALCOHOLIC, THERE I SAID IT! NOW EVERYBODY KNOWS!!”

It's one of the many things that bothers me about Kyle; needs and wants that notoriety and fame in her own right so badly! She appears to work like a demon with many irons in the fire and laments being away from her family all the time! Who's making her do store openings 3000 miles away, book tours, bad bio movies, and this awful reality show? Isn't Mauricio the biggest and most successful realtor in BH? Does she really need something else to do in her desperate need for people to "be on my side!" Later when she writes in a book how she missed another concert of Portia's, I'll just SMH and move on with no crocodile tears! ;-)

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lisa's names are the absolute worst.  Thank goodness she doesn't seem to choose the temporary names for the shelter.

I agree (except for the swans!), but those silly names make me laugh with her British pronunciation!!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Funnier is that only one hors d'oevre will be served - I guess they all have to share

4 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

3 hours ago, princelina said:

It's ETIQUETTE!!!

:)

At least they didn’t offer horse doovers  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Erika:  You can tell 'Kyle' a hundred times that you know she had nothing to do with you being pissed off about pantygate.  The point was you needed to say that to 'Dorit'.  You didn't.  Are you that stupid or are you really the word you use to describe yourself?  I'm thinking the latter.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here.  She did tell Kyle and the group that once that evening.  How many times does she need to do it? I thought she was the one that was sick.  Maybe she was just trying to remain lucid amongst the lunacy of Dorit.

• Love 1

You know how boring the season was when the most drama was dredging up ancient pantygate.  And I'm sorry Kyle wasn't innocent, why didn't they replay the scene in a restaurant with her saying she'd be pissed or something to that effect.  She continues to be a crybaby.  She was my favorite for years but I'm over her. 

And it really rubbed me the wrong way that Mauricio calls the dream house the 'next' house.  Also did Teddi's husband end up doing their security because that worked out real well!

7 hours ago, princelina said:

Did we really need a whole scene on a Hamlin kid during the finale?  NOT interested, Bravo!!

and those model shots were zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Heres the thing about Dorit.  When she insults someone, she "apologizes" and expects it to all just go away.  That's fine, on it's own.

But when someone apologizes to her, like Kyle did at her house, she (Dorit) gets this look on her face like she's not really over it and she's still hurt, and expects everyone to commiserate with her.  She was still pouty at Kyle's after K apologized to her, and she remained silent, forcing the apology to go on in an uncomfortable silence.  If Camille can get past the C word incident, Dorit can get past this.  Kyle didn't "ruin" anything.  She said her piece and left. Dorit still had her "big night".  And if Dorit hadn't brought it all up again in Berlin, the fashion show incident never would have happened to begin with.  If you're going to start the crap, then don't get all  sanctimonious and hurt when it continues.

If it's ok for Dorit to bring up how she's been insulted or hurt at every freaking dinner they have, then it's ok  for Kyle to do the same.   

I hope they nail her at the reunion, but I doubt they will.  LVP and Erica don't seem to want to get involved, Rinna has made it real clear she's staying out of it, which leaves Teddy and Kyle.  

I  think that Dorit's playing a long game.  And that is to alienate Kyle from the  women, LVP especially.  It's subtle but it's there.  I think Dorit sees that LVP rules the roost, and what better way to cement her position on the show by replacing Kyle as LVP's bestie?  

I know I can't take another season of the Dorit Show.  As far as I'm concerned, she needs to be put on the shelf with Kim and Brandi. 

Really, I think most of them do the same thing in terms of the constant apologizing needed.  Lisa Rinna seems to be the only one who drops things quickly. 

I do think Kyle ruined the evening.  She accused people of things, stormed off, and made her husband leave a conversation he was having.  Then, Erika and Rinna went after her.  It pretty much broke up the party.  

I did notice that her good friend Teddi stayed with Dorit and LVP.  Probably so she could relay their conversation to Kyle later and say she was being accountable.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Show has some good cred - John Wells Production

No, I agree with you. The 30 Rock guy and John Wells, I have so much respect for. But Kyle’s show looks bad. “The only thing that should look fat is my pocketbook.” So I am surprised that those guys didn’t try to improve the show or writing.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Money can’t buy you class! 

lmao pretty sure you meant "Money can't buy you cla--aasss"

9 hours ago, sol y luna said:

She's the true definition of a c**t.

At least she admitted she's an a-hole, although only to the camera.

9 hours ago, ryebread said:

Kyle's house is beautiful but the blouse she was wearing when the girls came over was not. 

I read this too fast and thought of the blouse she wore in Berlin with the girls hanging out.  Awful!!

• Love 6

I love the exterior of Kyle‘s new house! Lisa’s comparison to Father of the Bride house? Yes! My favorite “movie” house of all time!  I have mixed feelings about the interior. I love the kitchen and the black-and-white tile. I love the original fireplace and the staircase which should not be ripped out!  

Kyle owns a clothing boutique. Why can’t she figure out how to dress? That blouse at her showing party was horrible. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I do not like the decor in Kyle's new house AT ALL. Everything is gray & white, and cold. No warmth.

I actually thought it was a summer house (I was talking on the phone and not paying attention well). 

I worked in an office many years ago and we had to send out invites to the company's monthly dinner.  I had to type out the word 'hors d'oeuvres' every time.  One co-worker told me to remember how to spell it by sounding it out like this: hors-d-ovaries.   So now, 30+ years later, every time I see the word 'hors d'oeuvres, that's how I say it in my head. heh. 

Oh Kyle, why must you demand that everybody be on your side?  Erika already told you that she didn't blame you for pantygate.   Just let it go already!  I like the style of Kyle's previous house better.  I'm not a fan of the ultra-modern look.  The new house is nice, but I don't like the décor.  YMMV.  

• Love 10

This entire season should be named, "Petty Bullshit". I actually don't dislike anyone on this franchise, except Dorit. While they can all rub me wrong at times, I generally enjoy the rest of the girls. And I can even understand the grievances they've had this year....to a degree. (For instance, I get Kyle wanting Erika to speak up - not because she actually thinks Erika blames her, but because she wants DORIT to know that Erika doesn't blame her.) It's the dragging out of these grievances that has become just plain exhausting. The very fact that we're STILL talking about pantygate tells you all we need to know. 

But look at Kyle and Dorit - they smooth things over in Berlin, proclaim that it's all behind them. But then Kyle continues to stew about it and starts making shady remarks at Dorit's fashion show. Kyle is my favorite, but that was some infantile behavior right there. Okay, but then she realizes her error and offers a genuine apology at her screening. To which Dorit gives a sulky, "I guess I accept"; and you just KNOW she isn't over it. 

What is WRONG with these women? With all the horrible, evil stuff that goes on in this world, why can't they let any of this dumbass shit go? It's getting to the point where its equally so boring AND so confusing, that I can no longer remember who was mad at whom and for what. 

My only guess is that with so little going on this season, they all felt a need to drum something up. 

As for the actual fashion show - some of her pieces were cute, but nothing stood out to be as anything special or new. 

I loved seeing Camille engaged! I hope she can truly be happy now. 

I need MY hubby to start getting haircuts outside like Harry Hamlin. 

I LOVE Kyle's new house. It's just beautiful. But it was so sad to hear Mauricio talking about his kickass security system when I knew just how badly it failed them. 

Best part of the episode was everyone drinking champagne out of a different style of glass. Too funny! 

• Love 13

I think what these ladies don't fully get is that when you apologize, a part of that apology is the (unspoken) promise not to do the same thing again.  And also, not to do yourself the sort of thing that required the apology in the first place.  I can't take any kind of "when she does it it's bad, when I do it, it's just real" hypocrisy from any of them.

The foot's coming down, Marge!

• Love 16
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

They had the alarm system turned on-they ignored the alerts. 

Who is "they"? Is their system not monitored by a security company or are notifications not immediately sent to the police?

1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

I did notice that her good friend Teddi stayed with Dorit and LVP.  Probably so she could relay their conversation to Kyle later and say she was being accountable.

I was of the opinion that she stayed because it was Dorit's night and it was the polite thing to do. 

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Does anyone else think American Woman looks straight from Lifetime?

YUP. Love Kyle, but that show looks like a bad joke. 

43 minutes ago, Any day now said:

I love the exterior of Kyle‘s new house! Lisa’s comparison to Father of the Bride house? Yes! My favorite “movie” house of all time!

Nah-vy blau tuxedo. 

Seriously, I thought it was so cute that LVP referenced that movie. It was definitely a down-to-earth moment for her. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

However, Faye's sketches look tacky as fuck and she and Kyle are gonna ruin the joint! Black and gold furniture? Tearing out that beautiful classic staircase for metal? It is gonna look like a Vegas brothel or Tony Montana's (Scarface) high end drug den.

Please, please, please, let Kyle tell us at the reunion that the black and gold furniture sketches were just a joke.

Hee, hee! It definitely looked like Tony Montana’s drug den!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

What happened to Kyle's/Faye's sense of style??? The old house was stunning inside.  Warm, cozy, homey.  Now Kyle gets this amazing 1892 classic and she is ripping out the original wooden stair rail & balusters to replace them with wrought iron & BRASS?  If she wanted a Mexican/Mediterranean vibe then why did she buy a Colonial?  There's nothing wrong with metal on a staircase, but I think a house's interior should reflect the exterior style.

I am admittedly very ignorant when it comes to style - whether it's pertaining to fashion or home decor, etc. But I was absolutely heartbroken to hear that that beautiful staircase was going to be ripped out. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, AnnA said:

Did anyone else notice that Kyle and Teddi put on ankle weights to do squats?   Then took them off to run.   DUH!

I noticed that, too. Bizarre. Teddi should know better. 

8 hours ago, princelina said:

Also the throws that say CHANEL - did she get decorating tips from Erika?  Or Mikey?

They would buy Chanel toilet paper if it were available. (I am surprised Bethenny hasn’t started marketing Skinnygirl toilet paper, actually.)

6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lisa's names are the absolute worst.  Thank goodness she doesn't seem to choose the temporary names for the shelter.

I like LVP but she reminds me of a 6-year-old girl, with the pink obsession and those dopey names for her pets. 

• Love 10