Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: What's Your Story? Speculation and Live Posting

• Start Topic

Alright, serious serious question everyone....

I haven't watched a single minute of this show since ep 1.4 (Not Fade Away), watched the first 4 eps.  I've seen hints around the webz that this season would be a sort of 'rebirth' for the show, considering a location change and adding in Morgan & new characters, etc.

So my question is this.... will I need to binge all the episodes ( last two eps of S1 and all of S2 & 3) to not be totally lost if I pick up again here at the start of this new season, or would I get by just fine without needing to 'catch up' on the 33 episodes I haven't watched yet?   Would a read of a quick summary be informative enough, to avoid having to watch all ~1520 minutes [25.5 hours] of the show between 1.4 and 4.1??

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

So my question is this.... will I need to binge all the episodes ( last two eps of S1 and all of S2 & 3)

Nope!

4 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Would a read of a quick summary be informative enough, to avoid having to watch all ~1520 minutes [25.5 hours] of the show between 1.4 and 4.1??

Yes!

• Love 2

I'm wondering where they're going with this time jump. If they're really rebooting the show and skipping a year or more, then you don't have to watch any. I thought the 3rd season was the best so far, but still kind of meh. But I'm going to keep watching for reason known to no one, including me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, raven said:

Nope!

Yes!

Thanks @raven.

57 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'm wondering where they're going with this time jump. If they're really rebooting the show and skipping a year or more, then you don't have to watch any. I thought the 3rd season was the best so far, but still kind of meh. But I'm going to keep watching for reason known to no one, including me. 

Ah yes, I forgot they were time jumping as well.  So I think that's what I'll do, read a summary of what's transpired so far so I can start watching (again). 

Although, its on a short leash & I've got a quick trigger, just like with its parent show. 

6 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

So my question is this.... will I need to binge all the episodes ( last two eps of S1 and all of S2 & 3) to not be totally lost if I pick up again here at the start of this new season, or would I get by just fine without needing to 'catch up' on the 33 episodes I haven't watched yet? 

All you need to know is that a whole lot of stupid and stink face has transpired as Madison and her crew have proven every bit as lethal as the mothership gang to every group they've rolled up on, and that last season ended with the entire cast caught up in a dam explosion, which may have conveniently culled a bunch of them.  Something something maybe a time jump and more new people.

• Love 6

Summary of this show so far:

- the stupid family was in LA when the zombie outbreak started and they did stupid things

- stupid family convinces stranger to take them to Mexico and they do stupid things.  Screw up stranger's life and stupid son dies (apparently), probably relieved to be away from stupid family

- stupid family, minus stupid son, ends up back in USA and does stupid things there and back in Mexico; stupid mom's boyfriend (husband?) dies early on, again probably relieved to be away from stupid family.

That's about it really.  Stupid things happened, not many emotions were shown, lots of people died wherever stupid family went, and no one really cared.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Is Tobias still alive?

Oh man, I hope Tobias reappears one day.  He's the only thing that could save this show.  I think it's the only thing that keeps me watching.

• Love 2

For those of us recovering from The Walking Dead season finale, please do not discuss that here.  Thanks!  If Morgan brings up details on THIS show, we can follow along with that flow of conversation.

• Love 1