Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: The Elephant's Father

• Start Topic

I can't believe Brandon's tone during all this.  Well, yes, I can because he's Brandon and the worst.  But he really does act like he's the wronged party here.  He seems legitimately amazed that Kelly is upset with him and does not immediately forgive him.  I know he's an entitled wad but I can't believe he's not acting just a little bit remorseful.  And the whole "I can't believe she didn't call and thank me for the flowers!" indignation.  Dude!  You cheated on your girlfriend.  She has made it very clear she wants nothing to do with you right now.  This is the woman who had a previous drunken rant about how men always cheat.  You know cheating is a big no-no for her (well, cheating on her is a no, if she's the cheater then it's totally okay because of some Western past life thing).  The only reason she didn't trash those flowers as soon as she got them is because she didn't know they were from you.  What about Kelly, a woman you've dated off and on for YEARS now, makes you think she'd immediately cave over some dumb flowers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Was Carly supposed to be a short term character? It seems strange that she was in the opening credits but didn't even last a full year.

Edited by Minzy
2 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Yeah, the story goes that Hilary Swank had signed on for two years only to be fired 17 episodes into her contract. 

I could not have handled Carly and Steve for two years. That was a good decision to give up on the storyline and actress. But I think it is odd that the producers were able to make a good, tough decision about that, but not the many other things that suck on this show. Has it really been 17 episodes?

• Love 2

Based on this season so far, my “where are they now” story for Brandon is that he’s locked up for the murders of at least three people. What a fucking psychopath. I can’t believe his behavior in this episode is excused. Fuck Brandon, fuck this show, also fuck you Kelly mind your own business and btw Planned Parenthood once gave me one of those tiny pamphlets on abuse, the writers of this show maybe should’ve read one.

Also yes, Dr. Jeff asking Kelly out on a date is inappropriate, so is Brandon telling a female employee about his sex life. I hope they all go off a cliff in the same car.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Haven’t we already done the David and the bad influence musicians a few times already??? Once this season with the racist band?

We still have to get Kelly and Brandon back together engaged and then calling off the wedding that’s a lot of show to go.

I wish the writers would have let Donna read Brandon to filth during that phone call.

How does no one point out all the times Kelly cheated or got involved with someone who was cheating? I'm not defending Brandon, he's awful and can go eat bees, and Kelly has every right to be hurt and feel betrayed but her sanctimony kills me. Also, where was Donna's anger and judgement all those times Kelly was the cheater? I hate the situational ethics and morality of these idiots. I do like Brandon and Kelly together for the sole reason it saves two other people from them.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Minzy said:

Was Carly supposed to be a short term character? It seems strange that she was in the opening credits but didn't even last a full year.

I think the same thing happened with Jamie Walters in season six. He made the credits, but then left ten episodes or so in. Kind of weird. 

And, yeah, Brandon is a total monster. But that's what happens when you let boys believe they're entitled to everything they want. (Ahem, JIM.) 

• Love 5

Holy crap, Brandon. What a creep. I actually find it surprising that the writers/the director would let him go this far. I kind of liked it when he just got drunk and stupid with his friend after Kelly cheated on him and chose herself, but this is just... By the way, it’s weird that he doesn’t throw that back in her face. She of all people should know what it’s like to be tempted. But I suppose that 1)as our hosts said, the writers are new and don’t know or care about the past of the show and 2)it was “different” when Kelly cheated because soulmates. I really don’t know who to hate more. 

• Love 2

I don't know.. Brenda let Kelly off pretty easy for being a backstabbing cheating liar of a friend.. She was mad about it for about 1 episode and then decided to "forgive her"... as every high school girl would (sarcasm). Kelly never has to face any responsibility for ANYTHING. Lets not forget she also got engaged to Matt (AFTER the Brandon cheating thing) , and then left him because she realized what everyone else knew for the couple of years her and Matt were together.. that Kelly loves who she's with until Dylan comes back into the picture , in which case cheating is A okay. We all knew that engagement would have gone nowhere regardless, but she is alwayssss playing the woe is me character who could never do any wrong.. people only wrong her.

Speaking of, Jennie Garth just got divorced again in real life. She is Kelly Taylor.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Nanna said:

Holy crap, Brandon. What a creep. I actually find it surprising that the writers/the director would let him go this far. I kind of liked it when he just got drunk and stupid with his friend after Kelly cheated on him and chose herself, but this is just... 

Yeah and there's a little tiny bit of "woah dude" when he goes crazy on that woman in the car, but then immediately after that Noah is like "the poor guy is hurting waaaahmp waaaahmp" and then he ends up on Kelly's porch like classic Hobo Clown. His behavior is disturbing on it's own but the fact that he's allowed to get away with it is what's really, really, REALLY disturbing. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Flamingo said:

How does no one point out all the times Kelly cheated or got involved with someone who was cheating? I'm not defending Brandon, he's awful and can go eat bees, and Kelly has every right to be hurt and feel betrayed but her sanctimony kills me. Also, where was Donna's anger and judgement all those times Kelly was the cheater? I hate the situational ethics and morality of these idiots. I do like Brandon and Kelly together for the sole reason it saves two other people from them.

If Kelly does it, it is fine. If Donna cheats it is fine. Only two characters that get a pass. 

Brandon is awful, extremely awful but he's a better character away from Kelly, and this stalking stuff doesn't even feel like Brandon at all. Brandon would have got drunk like in Season 5. I wish instead of the creepy, creepy stalking, Brandon would have brought back the past with her cheating on him with Dylan. 

Isn't this the season where Kelly wouldn't let a couple adopt a baby because there is no 'mother'?

• Love 3

Kelly and Brandon's relationship season 5 is good. Their relationship in season 8 was a snooze fest. Kelly's haircut of the year made her very boring and extra moral. They were the type of couple who were more fun when they were apart than when they were together. Two moral people don't make for good tv. And how Brandon or for that matter any of the characters don't bring up Kelly's cheating past every time she gets mad about someone else cheating is the most annoying and unrealistic thing ever.

• Love 1

Guys, guys, I think we are all being a little too hard on Brandon here. I mean we know--we know!--that if it had been Kelly who had cheated on him, he would have just let it pass w/out so much as a comment, snide remark, or extended emotional torture.  Why can't she do the same?

How about when Kel's excuse for dumping Brandon and choosing herself was that she didn't want to come between his and Dylan's friendship...... ummmm Kel.. That's great in theory but you were actually seriously dating Brandon at the time and the second Dylan had a dream that you were his soulmate, you dropped Brandon like a hot potato and cheated on him. She was skating in the park, kissing Dylan freely and about to accept taking a trip around the world with him BEFORE discussing it with her boyfriend... But somehow no one questions this and she is excused for cheating. Then she  tells Brandon just because she didn't want to get married doesn't mean she wanted to break up with him. Why would he think otherwise? You clearly told both of them that you chose yourself. She then tells Brandon she'll wait as long as it takes to be with him, followed by moving on a week later with Colin. She's such a mess but is always forgiven.

• Love 2

Ugh!  I know none of the writers paid any attention but Brandon giving driving criticism to a Mom is rich considering he has a DUI!  Even if she didn’t have kids if a guy came at me like that I’d have kneed him in the groin and run over him. Even if he’s tiny. 

Brandon has seen other cheaters grovel and lose their relationships right? David, Dylan, Steve.  Why would he think that cheating on Princess Kelly would be ok? And that she wouldn’t try to revenge screw someone.

As for Dr. Jeff, after the last guy wouldn’t the Foundations foundation have some kind of legal policy about dating? 

• Love 4
On 4/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Carmen MacCodykins said:

How much do we wish that the song David sells to the band was Precious???

That was my immediate thought. Especially because David was so weirdly, conspicuously vague about what song it was. It seemed like it wasn't just any old song. 

On the other hand, I can't imagine anyone paying anything for Precious. But far more unlikely things have happened on this show (hell, in this episode!)

On 4/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, lefawn said:

You know cheating is a big no-no for her (well, cheating on her is a no, if she's the cheater then it's totally okay because of some Western past life thing).  

I LOVE this. And I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS call BULLSHIT on KELLY being Dylan's soulmate. That was and will always be BRENDA.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:33 PM, yousetmeupyoucrud said:

also fuck you Kelly mind your own business

giphy.gif

On 4/10/2018 at 6:45 AM, Flamingo said:

TRUTH! Kelly actually defended David's cheating!

On 4/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, lefawn said:

That's why it'd be so much better if Brenda was still on the show.  She'd be all cheating-cheater-gets-cheated-on every time Kelly walked in a room.

giphy.gif       giphy.gif

On 4/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, Nanna said:

Holy crap, Brandon. What a creep. I actually find it surprising that the writers/the director would let him go this far. I kind of liked it when he just got drunk and stupid with his friend after Kelly cheated on him and chose herself, but this is just... By the way, it’s weird that he doesn’t throw that back in her face. She of all people should know what it’s like to be tempted. But I suppose that 1)as our hosts said, the writers are new and don’t know or care about the past of the show and 2)it was “different” when Kelly cheated because soulmates. I really don’t know who to hate more. 

LIES!!!!!! I will repeat to my dying day, LIES! BRENDA was Dylan's Soulmate. No one will convince me otherwise.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:48 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't know.. Brenda let Kelly off pretty easy for being a backstabbing cheating liar of a friend.. She was mad about it for about 1 episode and then decided to "forgive her"... as every high school girl would (sarcasm). Kelly never has to face any responsibility for ANYTHING. Lets not forget she also got engaged to Matt (AFTER the Brandon cheating thing) , and then left him because she realized what everyone else knew for the couple of years her and Matt were together.. that Kelly loves who she's with until Dylan comes back into the picture , in which case cheating is A okay. We all knew that engagement would have gone nowhere regardless, but she is alwayssss playing the woe is me character who could never do any wrong.. people only wrong her.

Speaking of, Jennie Garth just got divorced again in real life. She is Kelly Taylor.

And her attitude toward Brenda was, this friendship has limits! You can't keep asking Dylan for help! He's MY boyfriend now, until he isn't paying enough attention to her, so she decides to kiss up other guys to teach him a lesson, and then pouts when it doesn't work. The cow.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Kelly and Brandon's relationship season 5 is good. Their relationship in season 8 was a snooze fest. Kelly's haircut of the year made her very boring and extra moral. They were the type of couple who were more fun when they were apart than when they were together. Two moral people don't make for good tv. And how Brandon or for that matter any of the characters don't bring up Kelly's cheating past every time she gets mad about someone else cheating is the most annoying and unrealistic thing ever.

Except for that whole cult/negator/playing up to and kissing Dylan thing.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

How about when Kel's excuse for dumping Brandon and choosing herself was that she didn't want to come between his and Dylan's friendship...... ummmm Kel.. That's great in theory but you were actually seriously dating Brandon at the time and the second Dylan had a dream that you were his soulmate, you dropped Brandon like a hot potato and cheated on him. She was skating in the park, kissing Dylan freely and about to accept taking a trip around the world with him BEFORE discussing it with her boyfriend... But somehow no one questions this and she is excused for cheating. Then she  tells Brandon just because she didn't want to get married doesn't mean she wanted to break up with him. Why would he think otherwise? You clearly told both of them that you chose yourself. She then tells Brandon she'll wait as long as it takes to be with him, followed by moving on a week later with Colin. She's such a mess but is always forgiven.

Oh please. I choose me, except I don't, because I found this really charming artist and decided he'd be a great boyfriend until he wasn't and she was sniffing after Brandon, or was it Dylan? Again. 

Kelly is the snowfakiest snowflake that ever flaked. That Donna had to tell everyone not to tell Kelly that Dylan and Brenda were living together after Dylan left the show. As if he were her estranged husband or still had any say over who he was with.

• Love 1