Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: That's All Folks!

If I were Martine, I would make tracks for anywhere else but Rome.  That cop who took the interview was all but broadcasting that he was mafia, too.

Chace, it's okay in the rest of the civilized world to take off you hat when your inside a room.

I hope those two other kidnappers at least have the slightest fear that Primo will kill them as soon as the ransom is delivered.  Right now, they're dead men walking.

I had to laugh at that poor attorney's struggle with the newspaper.  Bureaucracy is like that.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know why the lawyer-cousin waited so long to give that picture to Gail.

Awwww, Bullimore finally seems to have a friend.

JP1 just had to go and ruin perfectly good eggs by throwing that ransom note into them.

So far as the eggs are concerned, I got the sense that since Getty I had his breakfast ruined by the ransom note, he wanted everyone's breakfast to be ruined. Because he's petty that way.

So far as Bullimore's new friend the gardener...perhaps he found more than a friend. Looked to me like they were cautiously flirting with each other.  Hope we see more of both of them. The gardener seemed like a nice guy, and Bullimore continues to be my favorite character. 

• Love 5

Bullimore found a friend! Or, something a bit more? I loved his expression when the girlfriends were laughing at the poor gardener. Like he could hardly conceal his disgust. Getty must pay his staff more than it pays anyone else in the world, for the shit they put up with. 

Paul basically brought this on himself, but I still feel bad for him. He seems more flaky, hedonistic, and impulsive than actually nasty, and it really would suck to be kidnapped and find out your family couldn't bother shelling out the money for you. Especially after Paul realized his friends were pretty much using his name to pay their bills. At least his girlfriend actually gives a damn about him for real. Speaking of, hope that Martine gets the hell out of dodge soon. The corrupt cops might be looking for her soon. 

I love this shows soundtrack. I hope this show has a Pandora station I can find. 

I laughed at the lawyer trying to announce the ransom to the paper, but no one will work with him. Kidnapping is hard work!

• Love 3

To me, this episode was the first time that Getty III truly came across like a 15-16 year old kid. Even in the previous episode, to me he still felt like someone in his late teens/early 20s. In a way, that makes sense. He was smart, independent, and already off doing his own thing seemingly on his own terms like a young adult.  But here in this episode he started to act more like a kid who is in way, way over his head. I get the feeling that he still doesn't quite realize how much danger he's really in. 

• Love 3

I thought Voldemort was about to get his freak on...maybe next episode?

I know someone was complaining about the size/speed of the subtitles above but can I just say that I love that they bothered with subtitles at all? In a thread for another FX show (American Crime Story) we were complaining that private conversations between Gianni and Donatella Versace were all in English when they should have been in subtitled Italian (or that strange blend of languages that occurs when people are fully bilingual). American audiences in general famously hate subtitles but I loved that they included the detail of the translator...even if it meant repeating everything in both languages it felt real. Also, it wasn't until the twins were arguing and I recognized a few words that I realized they were German, not Italian. I am terrible with accents.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:18 AM, icemiser69 said:

I thought one of his girlfriends said the eggs tasted a little bit off.  Not sure if that was joke, because the paper was thrown in them or not.

I was confused about how a piece of paper could ruin a whole plate of eggs, and when the one girlfriend (Belinda?) said she wasn't feeling well and they focused on her a bit at the end, I immediately jumped to wondering if she's pregnant, but maybe she looks a little old to be pregnant? I am actually more terrible with guessing how old someone is than I am with accents.

On 4/16/2018 at 9:28 PM, PipPop said:

So far as Bullimore's new friend the gardener...perhaps he found more than a friend. Looked to me like they were cautiously flirting with each other.  Hope we see more of both of them. The gardener seemed like a nice guy, and Bullimore continues to be my favorite character. 

I love Voldemort, the gardener, and Rubina, the..secretary? I want the three of them to get a spinoff where they open a B&B and solve crime.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I love Voldemort, the gardener, and Rubina, the..secretary? I want the three of them to get a spinoff where they open a B&B and solve crime.

I would watch the hell out that show!  Rubina would be the boss. Bullimore would be the haughty but good-hearted upper class detective, and Voldemort would be his saucy, down-to-earth sidekick who flirts with Bullimore mercilessly while they are solving crime -- and then tidying up afterwards of course, because nobody likes a mess and a beautiful bouquet of flowers can cheer up even the most gruesome of crime scenes. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, PipPop said:

I would watch the hell out that show!  Rubina would be the boss. Bullimore would be the haughty but good-hearted upper class detective, and Voldemort would be his saucy, down-to-earth sidekick who flirts with Bullimore mercilessly while they are solving crime -- and then tidying up afterwards of course, because nobody likes a mess and a beautiful bouquet of flowers can cheer up even the most gruesome of crime scenes. 

I love it!

Actually, Voldemort/Bullimore are the same person in my scenario. The first episode I couldn't understand what Bullimore's name was when people said it, but it sounded like Voldemort so I started calling him that. I forget what the gardener's name is, if they said it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, helenamonster said:

I love it!

Actually, Voldemort/Bullimore are the same person in my scenario. The first episode I couldn't understand what Bullimore's name was when people said it, but it sounded like Voldemort so I started calling him that. I forget what the gardener's name is, if they said it.

Ah, right! I didn't recall the gardener's name either. Per IMDB, his name is Dennis.  They list him in 4 episodes so we'll definitely be seeing more of him.  

What would you name this delightful spinoff? What would they name their B&B?  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Bullimore found a friend! Or, something a bit more? I loved his expression when the girlfriends were laughing at the poor gardener. Like he could hardly conceal his disgust. Getty must pay his staff more than it pays anyone else in the world, for the shit they put up with. 

Paul basically brought this on himself, but I still feel bad for him. He seems more flaky, hedonistic, and impulsive than actually nasty, and it really would suck to be kidnapped and find out your family couldn't bother shelling out the money for you. Especially after Paul realized his friends were pretty much using his name to pay their bills. At least his girlfriend actually gives a damn about him for real. Speaking of, hope that Martine gets the hell out of dodge soon. The corrupt cops might be looking for her soon. 

I love this shows soundtrack. I hope this show has a Pandora station I can find. 

I laughed at the lawyer trying to announce the ransom to the paper, but no one will work with him. Kidnapping is hard work!

Glad I'm not the only one who was getting a bit more than friends vibe off of Bullimore and the gardener.  Did this really happen or are the writers just trying to beef up the story a bit?  Enh either way I do like both of them and I hope it turns into something more.  I've enjoyed the Bullimore character ever since episode one when he was scooping up Teresa's pooh and had the little Getty statue in it.  *tee hee hee*

I too like the soundtrack to this series.  Does anyone know the name of the song being played in this episode?  The one playing where the kidnapper was prematurely celebrating his riches in the bar from the kidnapping scheme?  $17 million indeed!  While I feel bad for the poor schmuck who had to call him and let him know the offer was only $600 I still had to smile at their arrogance/confidence at the idea that Getty would actually pay that?  Wasn't he warned at the beginning of the episode (by an accountant I think) that Getty was a tightwad and would never shell out that amount?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Does anyone know the name of the song being played in this episode?  The one playing where the kidnapper was prematurely celebrating his riches in the bar from the kidnapping scheme?

I'm A Man by Chicago? I remember that was played towards the beginning of the episode.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

TuneFind has a list of all the songs in the episode.

Thanks!  I found out its "Hurry Sundown" by Little Richard.  Such a powerful song and shows what a wide range Little Richard has as an artist.

I thought one of his girlfriends said the eggs tasted a little bit off.  Not sure if that was joke, because the paper was thrown in them or not.

I honestly someone might be trying to poison the old scrooge! 

I feel really bad for the gardener being chased by the dogs.  The money must be really good for him to put up with that abuse.  Having those women laugh when the gardener was being chased by the dogs just goes to show what assholes they are.

I don't think his employees get paid all that well.  If my history is correct I believe there is massive unemployment in England in the 70s so these people just put up with his B.S. because jobs are scarce.  What I took from that scene is Paul Getty Sr. isn't just a tightwad he is a cruel man who takes pleasure in other people's pain. 

Also I was getting the vibe that Paul Getty Sr. knows his....#1 girlfriend if that's the correct word.... is having an affair.  And I'm afraid for her.  I wonder what the stipulations are on those women staying there.  Are the allowed to leave?

• Love 2

So, I made a screencap of the list of flowers that Dennis gave to Bullimore because I figured it had to mean something.

Spoiler

Oh dear.  All of the flowers on the list are poisonous to animals and/or people. I wonder if he's planning on getting his revenge on the dogs for biting him? o_0

flower list from Trust.JPG

Edited by PipPop
  • Love 2