Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation Thread: What Will Be Included, What Won't Be

On 9/30/2018 at 5:51 PM, tabularasa said:

There is a trailer out and Fallon and Liam is definitely happening and will be a major focus. Poor Michael.

Poor Micheal indeed. They always do the brothas wrong, I guess the CW just couldn't help themselves again. Whenever there is a white female lead you can bet there is a white dude waiting in the wings to be shoehorned in if she's not with him from the jump. Apparently black men just aren't good enough. smh

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
On 10.10.2018 at 12:11 AM, mommalib said:

Poor Micheal indeed. They always do the brothas wrong, I guess the CW just couldn't help themselves again. Whenever there is a white female lead you can bet there is a white dude waiting in the wings to be shoehorned in if she's not with him from the jump. Apparently black men just aren't good enough. smh

Frankly it seems like Michael is either dead or not important. This season is all about Liam, his family. There won't even be a triangle. Yeah, people wanted Liam, I know but still he sacrificed his life for Fallon and Liam, a cute white guy but nothing too special will have a whole season about him! I thought this show wanted to be different, Fallon had 2 POC love interest. Voila, done with POC.

• Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 1:47 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Adam definitely seems to be in, but the reveal and the circumstances will probably be different. Kind of hoping they leave out Amanda though- it seems like her character was a wash and age-wise it wouldn't work. Per the story given in this iteration, Alexis was only banished about 10 or 11 years ago when Fallon was in her mid-teens. You can't have Amanda show up as a young woman....

I thought the Season 2 premiere had interesting line that might setup the eventual reveal of Amanda. Steven said that Blake probably knocked someone up pre- or post-Alexis and therefore Blake would know how to deal with paying the mother off.  Blake didn't disagree, he just told Steven what to do regarding the money.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, tabularasa said:

Frankly it seems like Michael is either dead or not important. This season is all about Liam, his family. There won't even be a triangle. Yeah, people wanted Liam, I know but still he sacrificed his life for Fallon and Liam, a cute white guy but nothing too special will have a whole season about him! I thought this show wanted to be different, Fallon had 2 POC love interest. Voila, done with POC.

From previews it looks like Michael is alive and well. It would be messed up if Fallon who was definitely in love with Michael all of a sudden has amnesia about it.

1 minute ago, mommalib said:

I'm happy too I think Michael is her endgame.

I think that Michael took over the role that Jeff had in the original. In the original, Blake trusted Jeff and Fallon was in love with Jeff. Jeff was also a rival for Adam. And unless proven otherwise, I still think Liam is Adam.

• Love 1

I'm starting to wonder if it will turn out that Kirby is really Amanda, but she's Blake's daughter instead of being carried by Alexis. Amanda was a doable plotline on OG Dynasty because it sounds like Alexis had really been gone for 20 years pretty much, but the reboot changed that to 10 years so she was around for most of Steven and Fallon's childhood. I just don't see Alexis being able to hide Blake's 20-something secret daughter in this iteration of Dynasty.

Although really, I wouldn't mind just completely scrubbing out Amanda. It sounds like she didn't make much of a difference to the show, although I really didn't watch latter season episodes as much.

Also, it looks like Steven will indeed be given a new face like OG Dynasty Steven was. I don't care if it makes sense- cast Brent Antonello. We can just all pretend we don't see that Hank and NuSteven look exactly alike. I know Brent has Hit the Floor but the show seems to have a pretty limited amount of episodes per seasons so it's doable.

Edited by methodwriter85

I fucking LOVE having Danny come in the form of Matthew's son with crazy Claudia. That gives Crazy Claudia motive to come back and and reveal the truth about what happened to Cristal, as well as Alexis's involvement. This is great. I haven't approved of every "twist" on original storylines this show has done, but that is pretty awesome and I really didn't expect it, either.

On 11/11/2018 at 3:29 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm starting to wonder if it will turn out that Kirby is really Amanda, but she's Blake's daughter instead of being carried by Alexis. Amanda was a doable plotline on OG Dynasty because it sounds like Alexis had really been gone for 20 years pretty much, but the reboot changed that to 10 years so she was around for most of Steven and Fallon's childhood. I just don't see Alexis being able to hide Blake's 20-something secret daughter in this iteration of Dynasty.

The power in the Amanda storyline should come in part from Fallon's damn near obsession with her father (and, truly, vice versa) and the idea of no longer being his only daughter. The Amanda SL would have been stronger on OG Dynasty if Pamela Sue Martin was still in the role. Elizabeth Gillies is more than capable of pulling that storyline off, but the writers don't seem invested in the Blake/Fallon relationship. Like, at all.

• Love 1