Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Jennifer & Marissa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Shnoopy said:

On a side note... that horrible woman Schemes has set up a gofundme acct. asking for 50 grand! 

You know me, I couldn't resist making a smart ass comment on her Facebook page. The comments on there were entertaining.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Gravy is for roast chicken/beef/turkey and mashed potatoes in my world, not breakfast.

It's a southern thing I guess. Don't knock it til you try it.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Not blaming anyone, but it's sad that it's such a common thing that so many women marry these men who become asshole stepfathers.  It's not fair that their mother brought someone into their life who they didn't choose for them to abuse and molest them.  

I just watched this series on amazon prime, 'Murders and their mothers.'  Trust me, the revolving door of step-dads, abuse or not, seems to be a prime reason guys go off the deep end. This is one reason I didn't bring another man in when my husband died. My son was 14 - lots of possibilities for family drama. Nope. I wasn't going to bring that into my home.

Gosh - I'm listening to these two discuss their family history. Wow. And you think you've got problems? 

• Love 17
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

You know me, I couldn't resist making a smart ass comment on her Facebook page. The comments on there were entertaining.

Schenee. Damn auto correct!

• Love 4
Just now, Shnoopy said:

I assumed so. I'm in New Jersey.

Just now, Azubah said:

Wait...she hid an entire pregnancy and birth from her husband? Neat trick.

When you're that big to begin with...

-----

"It's her fault."

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

You know what almost-just almost-worse then these piece of shit child molesters, is the piece of shit mothers who know about it and don’t kill the fucker. 

Totally agree! Geez, and the daughter was raped too! Damn those bastards.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

First impression: I kind of like Mom and kind of don’t like daughter. 

And my eating habit is a couple of Hostess cupcakes to celebrate the finale. 

Not the finale. New episode next week; Bettie Jo & Susan

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I just watched this series on amazon prime, 'Murders and their mothers.'  Trust me, the revolving door of step-dads, abuse or not, seems to be a prime reason guys go off the deep end. This is one reason I didn't bring another man in when my husband died. My son was 14 - lots of possibilities for family drama. Nope. I wasn't going to bring that into my home.

Gosh - I'm listening to these two discuss their family history. Wow. And you think you've got problems? 

My dad died when I was two and my mother never remarried.  I think she had 2 dates my entire childhood.  She said she was too afraid the guy would be a wolf in sheep's clothing...

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Marissa needs to meet Mr. Right and have a kid? WTF? 

I screamed "NO SHE DOES NOT" at the TV when she said that. JESUS CHRIST.

1 minute ago, aliya said:

Women cannot win. Of course no mother(an actual mother not an egg donor/surrogate) would want someone to possibly abuse their child, but there’s so much pressure to live a heteronormative lifestyle if you’re a single mom, ESPECIALLY if you have a son (that “male role model” thing.) you had to make the right choice for your family. 

Dwayne has his issues but he did get clean and get a job, he may just be an addict and not an addict who’s a morally corrupt person. 

• Love 9
Just now, Shnoopy said:

My 86 yo, WV-born grandma's homemade biscuits and gravy are everything. I have breakfast with her every chance I can. I can't eat canned biscuits or powdered gravy ever. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Not the finale. New episode next week; Bettie Jo & Susan

That's an update episode, though. I guess this is the last of the new people.

1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Wait, did she call him “Dad”?

Yup.

• Love 3
Just now, LordOfLotion said:

OMG the mom's feet were so dirty.

I KNOW! And not even the bottoms of her feet - the filthy consumed all of her feet. Didn't she have a shower that morning? It's not like we didn't see it!

1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

My 86 yo, WV-born grandma's homemade biscuits and gravy are everything. I have breakfast with her every chance I can. I can't eat canned biscuits or powdered gravy ever. 

I can eat a canned biscuit.  But instant Gray? No way! It's so damn easy to make.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Yeah, but it’s a Where Are They Now episode. I’m pretty sure this is the last one with new patients. 

Of course dear Verizon didn't bother to give us that little tidbit of info. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Women cannot win. Of course no mother(an actual mother not an egg donor/surrogate) would want someone to possibly abuse their child, but there’s so much pressure to live a heteronormative lifestyle if you’re a single mom,

You're preaching to the choir here. My mom wrings her hands because she worries about me not having a husband (I am divorced with a child and happy just to date my long term boyfriend and keep my own place). And I do feel like the oddball when all my relatives are married.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Canned/powdered gravy is blasphemy. My mom makes the best gravy (for meats). The year I moved into my first apartment she gave me the instructions printed out and rolled into a scroll for Christmas. There is competition at the dinner table; my dad thinks he is entitled to have some. My mom and I disagree (but we let him, anyway). My brother doesn't eat gravy. I think he must have been switched at birth.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Quof said:

Daughter is happy when Dawayne cooks, because then she can just sit and be with her mom?  Aren't they together all day, preparing and eating food?

The daughter seems to have a weird fixation on her mother. Honey. You are not 11. You're 26! I can see a young child wanting to be with Mommy all the time, but Marissa's a grown woman. 

• Love 12

My eating habit today included a small, plain Pinkberry - my first sugar since starting WW in February(22 pounds)    So it's raw veg for me for the rest of the night.  

• Love 3

They don’t live in the South. They live in Bend, Oregon. You would think they would be aware of the basics of nutrition — that they should eat vegetables, not biscuits and gravy. That they need to exercise. That they should sit around the house eating. Dr. Now doesn’t have secret eating advice. They live in a progressive community with lots of resources.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Aww Lawdy, biscuits and graaaavy a la James K!

That gravy always looked so gross to me. Im a northener, okay a Yankee living in Georgia for 30 years and I just think It's gross but I have in laws and friends that love it.

okay Im a bit behind,,time for the sob story!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Yeah, but it’s a Where Are They Now episode. I’m pretty sure this is the last one with new patients. 

I like the where are they now episodes! I wish they’d do one on Sean. I read his mom passed. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

You're preaching to the choir here. My mom wrings her hands because she worries about me not having a husband (I am divorced with a child and happy just to date my long term boyfriend and keep my own place). And I do feel like the oddball when all my relatives are married.

Been shacking up for 22 years now. My mom finally stopped griping about it. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I KNOW! And not even the bottoms of her feet - the filthy consumed all of her feet. Didn't she have a shower that morning? It's not like we didn't see it!

I mean make some slippers out of mops and spray them down with s*** and span before you walk or something... There are ways to get a job like that done if you are especially lazy like I am...

• Love 9