Type keyword(s) to search

Trading Spaces Media, Ratings, and Scheduling

I won't miss it.  The revival was too hyperaware and self-referencing.  They kept talking about the original andhow the designers were perceived.   Just focus on the episode at hand. 

I really thought Scripps would move this to HGTV (and maybe return to the voluminous episode schedule) when the acquired Discovery but apparently they cancelled it instead.  Guess they still don't want any design shows on the air.  It's weird that they would pull Paige into the Food Network though.  I thought it was to cross-promote with TS/their other networks. 

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, vibeology said:

I stopped watching last season because it was too much Hildi. This show could have been great as a reboot but they were too focused on old designers and drama rather than giving people beautiful spaces.

Hildi was known for her shenanigans in the original run, but she also turned out some tuly nice rooms on occasion. In the reboot, all craziness. I'd also submit that there was way too much reliance on non-designer designers who didn't bring much to the table (Ty and Carter). 

• Love 5
(edited)

Frank Bielec was so lovable.   I never heard a homeowner say anything but kind things about him.     I read that he used to stay and help homeowners fix some of the damages that other 'designers' did.   His craft business, Mosey 'N Me, was named after his wife's daughter, who was killed by a drunk driver.    There are lovely tributes by Vern Yip, and Ty Pennington in the article.    

https://extratv.com/2020/05/16/trading-spaces-designer-frank-bielec-dead-at-72/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

The Instagram post from Genevieve quoted in that article is sweet.  And I love this quote of Frank's from a couple of years ago about Doug:  "Doug is an incredible designer.  I have a huge love for him.  He would throw you under a bus if it fit his agenda and then give you his kidney.  Go figure it out."

• Love 6

His taste in decor clashed with mine, but Frank would have been the designer I think I'd actually enjoy having over for coffee. His kindness emanated from the screen, but he had a little streak of snark. RIP, Frank. 

• Love 7

I went to a Home Show at the height of Trading Spaces just to hear him talk. What I could hear was enjoyable. It was ruined for me by two women in the row ahead of me yakking it up the entire time. Frank was my favorite designer on the show, whether I liked his final room or not.

• Love 2