Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Running Your Mouth

• Start Topic

On 4/12/2018 at 8:09 AM, ghoulina said:

LuAnn is so delusional. She SHOULD move back in with Sonja. Those two are a real pair. Sonja is going on and on with these stories about Scott paying for everything, while she's been living off of Old Man Morgan's money for decades. And she can't fathom WHY Tinsley would want to leave a "beautiful townhome" to pay to live in a hotel? Well, first of all, get rid of whoever it was that told you your townhome (in it's current condition) is "beautiful". They're lying to you. Second, you may want to consider just how bad it must have been for Tinsley to choose PAYING for a place rather than just crashing. 

Sonja doesn't get that Tinsley wanted to move from a HoVel to a HoTel - she thinks they are one and the same.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Speaking of shitty makeup jobs ...

Sonja looks like a corpse in her taking heads. That's the worst paint job I've seen since my idiot cousin used a brush and latex wall paint on his pickup truck back in the early 70s.  She actually looks dusty

Introducing Morgan Mortician Factor 5 Foundation - it's not just a brand, it's an International LifeDeathstyle

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do either of these images depict cultural appropriation?

No -- for many reasons probably best left to black women to explain (guessing Hunter will have something far more interesting to say about this than anything I can contribute). But as a white woman (who loved/learned from Chris Rock's doc "Good Hair") I will say that my overall take is this: since black women were shamed for centuries about their hair in its natural state (seen as savage, unkempt, brutish, sexual, etc)  -- and even today, corporate America frowns on a woman with natural hair -- I just applaud whatever a black woman does to her own head, whether it's natural, straightened , or shaved.   

And my secret hope was that Michelle would wear a Pam Grier afro and/or natural look on her last day as First Lady -- like this photoshopped version imagined :)

http://www.curlynikki.com/2012/03/michelle-obamas-natural-hair.html

michelle o.jpg

eta: not saying and/or implying you're doing anything negative here, supr,  just saying what my take on it is.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
On 4/12/2018 at 12:28 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Carole calling out Dorinda's Walkman was kinda bullshit, IMO. I seem to recall a few seasons ago Carole wandering around using an old iPod nano. Not exactly current technology. If Dorinda wants to use her Walkman and old iPhone, more power to her.

*side note* My dad calls any and all personal music players walkmans. Doesn't matter what they are. He just wants me to put his songs on the damn thing.

The real estate listing for Sonja's townhouse did show a nice looking property (I'd kill to have the built in bookshelves in her bedroom). On the show, it just looks a little cluttered and the decor is a bit too stuffy for my taste. The brown ice is also a deal breaker.

Reminds me of my dad...no I don't want a freakin Smart Phone, I'll take a reasonably intelligent one as long as it's a flip phone

• Love 6
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Maybe not to you -- to me, it does -- especially since Luann is not asking for people to sit by neutral and unresponsive to her claims.  (From her reaction to Sonja at their lunch, Luann clearly welcomes the kind of support that blames it all on Tom's tom-catting and Luann being forced to finally, bravely leave her husband of 210 days.)

Yes, that must be it -- I have suddenly and blindly bonded with Carole (who I have loathed for years) against Luann (who I mostly like) because I am incapable of rational thought!

You're missing my whole point and seemingly taking personal offence to my response. You are trying to explain to me why you can find differentiation between Carole's comments about Luann and Carole's own admission of wanting attention. I understand your premise, I'm not saying you're wrong. I clearly acknowledged that your interpretation of Luann's behaviour could be right. My point is that it's your interpretation and I'm not obliged to read the situation the same way. You reference all these things and state it as 'Luann expects this, Luann doesn't want this' but you're basing it on individual interactions and then extrapolating them to create a general statement. Can you refute my point that your position isn't purely from your own interpretation and assumptions of what you're seeing? Because there are many comments in this thread, from you, myself and many others who all have varying takes on what we're seeing. That alone is evidence that we aren't dealing with a black and white issue. I was only explaining to you why despite your explanation, I don't agree with your premise because I don't see the situation the same way...not yet at least. 

I'm not inferring at all that you're incapable of rational thought. My comment is applicable to every single one of us, unless you'd like to suggest that you're the one person in this world that is actually free from bias. So please don't take that as me trying to discredit your intellect because I happen to disagree with you. The only way to make the differentiation here is to use details and context to do so and all of your details and context is based on your interpretation. It's not like Luann said 'Tinsley I don't see this shit from you right now, I only need cheerleaders in my corner right now and if you'd rather try to be my therapist then I don't have room for you'. Hearing something like that and I for one wouldn't be having this conversation with you right now. In reality, Luann didn't even get upset with Tinsley for bringing up Tom or even bringing up the fact that Luann isn't talking to people about it. Luann got testy when Tinsley tried to come for her about using the Countess title again, lol. Without real evidence, when we choose to argue a side, there's some level of bias that comes with that. There's many reasons to give or not give someone the benefit of the doubt and it doesn't have to have anything to do with which one you typically enjoy watching on a reality tv show. I'm not going to retract the comment when I genuinely believe that bias is simply human nature so if it makes you feel any better, yes, I do think I'm bias too. So does that make us two irrational people trying to have a conversation? ;) lol...look no hard feelings, I'm just trying to make light of the situation because how you took my comments were so far into the opposite side of the spectrum of my point or intention and I want that to be clear. I happen to enjoy a lot of your posts and agree many times. We disagree this time, no biggie. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4

LuAnn is getting dinged because she has been the self-proclaimed arbiter of all things cultural (black face not withstanding).  She knew when she got married, she would no longer be able to refer to herself as the "Countess."  Didn't she admit last season she would gladly change that for being "Mrs.?"  Meh, I've never liked her and I don't buy her explanation of her marriage to Tom as a puppy-love moment, knee-weakened poor judgement kind of thing.  She is too old and too smart to pull that off.

She gets what she deserves this season.

Carol running the marathon was amazing.  While her time wasn't stellar--it takes a lot more out of you to run it in 6:45 than 3:45--you're on your feet for so much longer.  Her late husband's NYC marathon time of 3;00 was pretty amazing.  That is borderline elite (not saying a Kenya pro but really good).

Edited by albarino
spelling
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

oprah 1.jpg

phpqsqB3kPM.jpg

These images depict social and professional survival. It's very possible that neither of them (especially Beyonce) would be where they are today had they started their careers with natural hair. 

• Love 9
On 4/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, JD5166 said:

Tinsley keeps saying one of my most hated things: “Pacifically”! She’s so dumb and she dresses like a 12 year old.

I don't think she's dumb, I actually like her a lot, but I did notice "pacifically." She said it TWICE. 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:07 PM, TexasGal said:

Dear lord help me, I am so hormonal I actually started crying when Carole finished the marathon.  

SAME. 

On 4/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, breezy424 said:

The gay party was sooo lame.  The guy in the red with the torn armhole?

I fast-forwarded it. Horribly boring. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

These images depict social and professional survival. It's very possible that neither of them (especially Beyonce) would be where they are today had they started their careers with natural hair. 

Well, Oprah got her first TV gig with natural hair.  And she never seemed afraid of her hair or her curls.  It seems to me she changed it over the years because that's what she wanted to do just like many women:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/oprahs-hairstyles_2/all

I think the same is true with Beyonce:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/88836-the-evolution-of-beyonces-hair-because-she-is-the-queen-of-all-things-including-a-fresh

Just sayin. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, albarino said:

I don't care about Beyonce's hair; my problem with her is I think she is too fat to wear what she does.

I’m certain that Beyoncé will be devasted to hear this and most certainly reconsider her wardrobe choices. 

• Love 23
16 hours ago, artisto said:

Yup

As an example: Brief Encounter

BriefEncounter-TrainWindow.jpg.e2d9b21505ee49a0a8c64fc54cc9bd1d.jpgUnconventional beauty...both of 'em.

Also, in addition to plastic surgerized (coin this or I must) faces;

The golden age of hollywood yielded some mighty iconic, beautiful faces.

Studio heads mined the masses for this rarified beauty.

We got blase and when we see normal beauty we are startled.

I'm a windbag.

I don't think you're a windbag at all. I agree fully with your comments. The woman profiled in the following link is, in my eyes, stunning -- but, in 2018, she'd likely be an auto-candidate for a nose job:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a12214/jacqueline-de-ribes-0915/

Edited by SCS
Spelling, typo, the usual kaki
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

My point is that it's your interpretation and I'm not obliged to read the situation the same way. 

Of course you're not obliged. This is not about disagreeing with someone's opinion -- people do that here everyday -- but telling someone that their opinion is  a product of unwillingness, unexamined bias, and assumptions goes well beyond disagreeing with someone, imo. 

We got blase and when we see normal beauty we are startled.

Startled is a very good word for it, @artisto.  (As I'm sure you know - given your photo! -  even the fabulous Archie Leach had his collars made an inch wider so his large neck would appear proportional on camera -- and he was as handsome as they come.)

The woman profiled in the following link in, in my eyes, stunning

Jacqueline de Ribes is gorgeous.

and in 2018 she'd be an auto-candidate for a nose job:

So would Meryl, if she were starting out now:

streep nose.jpg

And if you want to have a nose job, have at it - it's your body, you own it --  just want there to be room in the world for the women without nose jobs (and unplumped lips and unfilled cheeks) to also be considered beautiful.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

Is it bad of me to be in love with your husband? I did the NYC marathon myself years ago and the hunger is real! Wish I had thought to bring hot dog and pretzel money. 

Nah, I'll share him with you.  He's pretty awesome.  I just don't know how he runs marathons and stops for snacks.  I would be throwing up.  Hilariously, that was the same one that Oprah ran and she actually ran faster than him because he kept stopping for snacks. I take glee in telling people that Oprah beat him in the NYC marathon.  LOL. 

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Do you think it was just because of the braids? Or was it the build up of a lot of cultural insensitivity over a number of years? Luann has said and done things that are horribly ignorant and insensitive. To my mind, the braids are the least of her transgressions. Perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back for Wendy's audience.

I think it is the build up of cultural insensitivity over the years.  She has an extensive history of this.  I brought up the whole "Moroccan Princess" thing to show yet another incident of being culturally insensitive. There was 3 different incidents in 2 episodes!  As you said, the braids were the most minor but it was just yet another example of Lu being culturally insensitive. 

10 hours ago, Higgins said:

Braids are owned by a culture?

As someone else said, braids aren't owned by one culture.  However, there are very specific types of braids that are known to be an African-American variety (the box braid, etc).  Yes, other cultures have used braids (think the Heidi braid when you think Germany/Netherlands area). However, there are different types of braids. 

9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

oprah 1.jpg

phpqsqB3kPM.jpg

No, unfortunately they depict African-American women trying to fit into white beauty standards. African-American women are constantly having their skin lightened in ad campaigns and on magazine covers.  Beyonce had an ad campaign lighten her skin. Lupita's magazine cover a couple of years ago was lightened.  Happened to Kerry Washington too. Women are told that their natural hair texture isn't professional so they have to perm it to get it straight which damages the hair and can cause it to start breaking off resulting in bald patches. African-American women are constantly told by our society that they have to look like white women to be successful. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Way back when this was being discussed in the Bethenny thread I took a hit for the team and actually listen to a recording of her comments. She did not advise anyone that they need to go out and hire an older white man to run their company. She was responding to a question from a woman who explained she had encountered resistance in the business world and it had been suggested to her that she consider hiring a white man to run her company in order for her to be able to get her foot in the door. Bethenny said if she felt the need to do that to go right ahead and beat these people at their own game. She was not advising women of color that they have to have white people run their businesses for them.

As far as her hiring the man shown on the show,  it is entirely possible she hired him to run Skinnygirl because he happened to be the most qualified person for the job.

Oh for sure! I was just surprised because she’s all about the branding.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2018 at 1:09 AM, diadochokinesis said:

As someone else said, braids aren't owned by one culture. 

Or by one gender:

download.jpg.e30354ad2a98bc45d7d965e62a27b18e.jpg5ad1f330dbc2b_download(1).jpg.cab9bfaa767181b84d8d0b61368e9fe3.jpg Love his face!

**Edited to add:  Upon reading some older entries...the gender issue was covered..

Gonna leave it up...it's not everyday we get to see Sitting Bull.

If SB was living in this day & age...his PR man would change his name.

Edited by artisto
added a rejoiner

As I have suggested in forums past, when things seem to get tense, let's do a Dorinda and all yell "CLIP, CLIP," step back and have a laugh.   ;)

I was happy for Carole that she was able to run the marathon and be able to honor her late husband.  I'm like everybody else who teared up watching her cross the finish line.  

As far as Bethenny, she is one busy woman!  I don't particularly care for her brashness, but kadooz to her ingenuity and hustle when it comes to business and charity endeavors.  She went above and beyond in her efforts with Puerto Rico. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

As far as Bethenny, she is one busy woman!  I don't particularly care for her brashness, but kadooz to her ingenuity and hustle when it comes to business and charity endeavors.  She went above and beyond in her efforts with Puerto Rico. 

These women are multi-faceted.

(As are we all)

Chipped...flawed..intriguing 

These women provide relentless entertainment.

Congrats to Carole on completing the NYC marathon

For those interested or more curious about marathons now, if you have access the Olympic Channel starting next week they will be re-airing the Boston and Paris Marathon 2018.

The London Marathon is April 22nd.

I peek in here and there - it's hypnotic like the Tour De France and watching the peloton.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
On 4/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, LIMOM said:

Exposure for what? While he seems to be a big famewhore, he could have stayed on the show as anybody’s fuck buddy.

I think he was reluctant to go thru with her which is why he cheated so early on.

Tom was engaged a few times. The rumor out there was he has a "type" that he dates - women around his age that have money. These women allegedly paid off certain bills or bought him gifts and he used what he got from them to fund the side piece du jour. In the public eye, his wealthy mate was the claimed woman and he was discreet with the side piece.

I don't think he really ever wanted to have to walk down the aisle. There is even a part of me that thinks he wanted to "get caught" so that Luann would call off the wedding.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tom was engaged a few times. The rumor out there was he has a "type" that he dates - women around his age that have money. These women allegedly paid off certain bills or bought him gifts and he used what he got from them to fund the side piece du jour. In the public eye, his wealthy mate was the claimed woman and he was discreet with the side piece.

I don't think he really ever wanted to have to walk down the aisle. There is even a part of me that thinks he wanted to "get caught" so that Luann would call off the wedding.

Interesting perspective!  Maybe he was hoping Lu had more $$ than she had?  Something was way off between the two of them.  

2 hours ago, artisto said:

Or by one gender:

download.jpg.e30354ad2a98bc45d7d965e62a27b18e.jpg5ad1f330dbc2b_download(1).jpg.cab9bfaa767181b84d8d0b61368e9fe3.jpg Love his face!

**Edited to add:  Upon reading some older entries...the gender issue was covered..

If SB was living in this day & age...his PR man would have changed his name.

I understand cultural appropriation outrages when it comes to blackface and wearing traditional (or maybe stereotypical) garb that could be construed as offensive.  But being outraged because of a hairstyle?  At some point in this society, we've crossed over from relentless outrage where embracing a cultural aspect = implied racism.  

• Love 16
On 4/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, QuinnM said:

The following is what you learn on her social media.  She LOVES shopping shoe outlets and high end jewelry.  Most of her daily wear is bought by the PA.  Lots of brands send her a big selection and she picks.  She was just in Australia/New Zealand for about a week doing RHONY promo stuff.  She went to the premier pearl people.  Did a great walk through of the store, the behind the scenes.  Actually quite interesting.  So I’m dying to see the pearls she bought.  When she first got there she insta’d the designer that had brought a rack in of pieces.  She had 50 interviews and I did see outfits that I’d seen before in NY.

She made a point of calling out the housewife saying these Hos ain’t loyal when someone said she skipped the big party because she wasn’t invested in RHONY anymore.

She looks like hell right now btw.  She had food poisoning and when you are that thin food poisoning makes you looks like Carole.  The glam team that they hired for AU took her to a infrared skin specialist to try to help.

It’s an interesting insta feed.  A hell of a lot more interesting that Dorinda’s.

That is interesting.  I long ago dismissed Bethenny's social media whatever as merely promo for SG, but I'll have to look over there.  Dorinda's is obnoxious shit.  That's why I think her annoying, obnoxious daughter is mostly responsible for it.

I still am hoping Bethenny will be talking about her efforts in Puerto Rico this season.  In spite of whether the others gang up on her or down her pretty badly this season, it may actually turn out to be a good season for her.  So far, she hasn't cut on anyone too badly (other than Moaner, who deserves to be cut on) & she's mostly concentrating on her own thing -- and if that is doing good in PR, then that's really good for her.

At this point, the only one whose social media I ever look at is Carole's -- and that's only once in a really great while.  I'm not at all interested in her posts on her travels or clothes or stupid shit like that, but her POV's can be very insightful & interesting & even kinda funny.  I completely forgot that a long time ago I thought she was interesting & smart & yeah, funny.  Ah, but she is an intelligent woman.  Watching her on this show, it's hard to remember that.  And she is very articulate & her political views are worth hearing (to me anyway).  She would make a great guest on CNN or MSNBC -- er, except her being on this show shoots her credibility to hell.

I'm wondering what they have in store for Carole this season.  She seems to have absolutely nothing going on in her life.  Couldn't they have  shlepped out the shit about the marathon for the whole season?  Guess the timing didn't work?  To me, the only remotely interesting thing about deadly dull Carole is her political views.  But having her spit out her political views is just NOT a good fit for this show.  So what to do with Carole?  Time for a fight with Bethenny?  Eh, I don't envy the scriptwriters for this show.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, artisto said:

Or by one gender:

If SB was living in this day & age...his PR man would have changed his name.

Or changed it to "Sitting Red Bull" for the endorsement possibilities. ;-D

• Love 12
On 4/12/2018 at 10:10 PM, LIMOM said:

She is really bringing it this season. She looked incredible with that red sweater. What is the problem with her and Scott?

I sense an underlying bubble of crazy in Tinsley.

She was probably too intense with Scott too quickly.

Remember their first meet with Carole and Adam? She had no problem telling them all she loved to drink and travel and party.

I'm picturing...once they were dating exclusively..she went in on wanting marriage and babies. How serious is Tinsley about having a baby? Girl has done nothing to limit her drinking or getting her body ready for a baby. Has she even gone to a clinic to retrieve some drunk eggs?

• Love 11
On 4/13/2018 at 3:59 AM, diadochokinesis said:

Ok, so I'm going to harp on something Lu said to Tins about dressing up as a Moroccan princess for her ex and surprising him at his hotel.  First off, Lu has a history of being tone deaf when it comes to matters of cultural sensitivity.  I'm assuming this was the Count and that marriage failed back in 2006 but most have said that they had been living separately long before that. Morocco's current princess (Princess Lalla) is their first princess because wives hadn't been publicly acknowledged or given titles previously.  She was given the title of princess in 2002 so was there even a Moroccan princess around when she supposedly did this?  Also, from what she was describing, it sounded like she was saying she wore a niqab or a litham with probably a djellaba.  Now, djellabas are still frequently worn in Morocco.  Niqabs (and even hijabs) are viewed as a more radical Islamic principle so you rarely see them in Morocco. 

Lu just irks me when she talks about Morocco or MENA because she clearly has no clue what she is talking about.  She pronounces habibi wrong and she used it incorrectly (even taking into account that Morocco uses it differently than GCC).

When Luann regaled over her surprising Alex story, I thought he opened the door and thought he was gonna get lucky with an exotic stranger.

I was also waiting for Luann to pull out a copy of her book and turn to the Chapter on How To Keep a Man - which worked really well for her

• Love 10
23 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think Carole is grooming Tinsley but it's not uncommon that if two people start building a bond, they are more likely to be more sympathetic to each other's perspective and are quick to defend one another. I don't think Tinsley is being manipulated at all, but I do think that she's letting the bias of her friendship with Carole motivate her outspokenness toward Luann. Also, this is Tinsley's second season. It usually takes the first season to figure out how the game is played and now she knows. If she wants that paycheque without being the centre of the drama then she'll figure out when to take her shots without getting too involved.

I think Tinsley had her own issues with Luann already and I don't think she is being manipulated by Carole.

I remember the West Palm Beach vs Palm Beach fight and Luann clapping back that Tinsley lived with her mommy.

Tinsley was also one of the women who got Tom Tom Tom --- He's my rose, he's my soulmate rammed down her throat while filming.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

But being outraged because of a hairstyle?  

Hey, I'm living in a state of elevated terror right now. Back in grammar school I often wore my long hair in braids a la Judy Garland as Dorothy. I don't know if:

-- I was guilty of cultural appropriation. Maybe it's my mother's fault. When in doubt blame Mom;

-- I need to worry that MGM is going to come after me for coiffure appropriation of an iconic movie look; or

-- It's all good because we didn't call them "braids" -- we called them "pigtails."

http://www.judygarlandasdorothy.com/picture-gallery.html

• Love 15
5 hours ago, artisto said:

These women are multi-faceted.

(As are we all)

Chipped...flawed..intriguing 

These women provide relentless entertainment.

I think that's why I love NY more than the others. I do see these women as having more depth than the others. They're complicated and interesting. Beth has always been my favorite and Ramona often makes me irate, but sometimes Beth will really piss me off and Ramona will be dead-on-balls accurate. They just seem the most real, to me. Good, bad, and otherwise. 

• Love 20
On 4/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, Pop Tart said:

I loved how she managed to get her late husband (connected to the Kennedys don’t you know) and her journalism career shoehorned into her marathon saga. She has history with the marathon because her late husband once ran it before he knew her and the challenge of running is just like her years covering the war. That was reality show jujitsu. I’m waiting to hear that her next book is going to be all about her running the marathon.

Did that cookbook she was “writing” with Adam ever get done?

Tinsley is certainly coming out guns-a-blazin’ this season. As is Dorinda.

ITA...Carole going on and on about marathon...

why didnt she just do a “Jedi mind sweep” to get through it? Good Lawd she has suggested the notion to others many times...at least 3 times I can recall off hand.

She could...you know

being the cool..hip..”with it” person she is...yawn

2 hours ago, SCS said:

Or changed it to "Sitting Red Bull" for the endorsement possibilities. ;-D

SCS for the win!!

On April 13, 2018 at 2:47 AM, film noire said:

I think Carole can look awful -- as we all can -- but she can also look very striking,  especially when she bypasses the girlish shit (pigtails, flowy outfits best left to  Stevie Nicks, slightly oversized clothing for that "lost in my clothes" look, etc). When her styling is as clean and strong as her features, she looks compelling (similar to Angelica Huston, back in the day).  I think we've gotten so used to seeing women with the same set of pre-fab, plastic-surgerized features, we've lost the ability to see beauty in different faces (it's why I like watching British/Aussie films -- such a wider range of beautiful) and Carole fits into that category for me. 

As a Bethenny fan since day one, I'm no longer surprised to see the petty, nasty and often hateful comments about her.

That said, I was not only surprised I was shocked to read the mean comments about Carole's looks.    Thank you for your thoughtful and well written post.   I agree completely!   Carole is an accomplished woman and often looks quite stunning.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 13
35 minutes ago, AnnA said:

As a Bethenny fan since day one, I'm no longer surprised to see the petty, nasty and often hateful comments about her.

That said, I was not only surprised I was shocked to read the mean comments about Carole's looks.    Thank you for your thoughtful and well written post.   I agree completely!   Carole is an accomplished woman and often looks quite stunning.

I think part of the reason there are so many posts calling Bethenny out are because she is in the press a lot, so we talk about her A Lot! LOL But most of these women get the same level (although no the same number) of petty/nasty/hateful comments about them, just go look at Luann's thread as proof that another NY HW gets slammed a lot like Bethenny does. No 1 HW is all evil/bad/nasty, including Bethenny but the more press 1 gets, the more posts, good and bad, there are about them. 

As for Carole's looks, she always reminded me of a thinner Beverly D'Angelo and if she, Carole put on a few pounds, they could pass as family IMO.

• Love 9
On 4/12/2018 at 11:49 AM, diadochokinesis said:

He said, "What?  It was a really long time to run without snacks!  I got hungry!"  LOL. 

I love this more than I can say.  Fuck a protein bar---he wanted a hot dog.  Extra chili and onions on mine, please.

Way to go, Carole.  That was quite the accomplishment.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:18 PM, RedheadZombie said:

What are the rules for dressing for your age?  Who's the arbiter on this topic? 

Well, it used to be Stacy and Clinton but since What Not to Wear got canceled, I'm not so sure.  I keed, I keed.  I'm a hop, skip and  jump from 50 and my wardrobe is riddled with items that would probably open me up to relentless snark if I were in the public eye (most specifically my plethora of baseball hats which I've been known to still rock backwards if I so choose...don't judge!)

I know Tinsley gets shit for her sense of style but I like her individuality.  And I hope she and Scott reconcile.  

Sonja's gay party.  And Ramona, The self-proclaimed Hamptons Maven? No, just no.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:18 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
Hit "submit" accidentally
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

I don't think she's dumb, I actually like her a lot, but I did notice "pacifically." She said it TWICE. 

SAME. 

I fast-forwarded it. Horribly boring. 

Anyone who uses “ pacifically” isn’t all that bright. Frankly, I am surprised at all the Tinsley love  here!!! She is a spoiled trust fund kid who clearly has emotional issues (text battle, what?)! You’re 42 not 22 call the guy! She’s not Sonja YET but only because she didn’t start at the bottom, lucky for her she has family money, not just from marrying it! Just my opinion!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I am surprised at all the Tinsley love  here!!!

I like her because she's a breath of fresh air from these other ladies.  I, too, like her style.  So far she seems harmless.  She doesn't seem to have the attitude that can come with privilege (like we've seen with LuAnn.)  However, I reserve the right to change my mind if Tinsley morphs into some demon woman, but for now, I'm enjoying her storyline. YMMV

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I like her because she's a breath of fresh air from these other ladies.  I, too, like her style.  So far she seems harmless.  She doesn't seem to have the attitude that can come with privilege (like we've seen with LuAnn.)  However, I reserve the right to change my mind if Tinsley morphs into some demon woman, but for now, I'm enjoying her storyline. YMMV

I like her mostly, and thus far have overlooked her tendency to devolve emotionally and whine like a much younger girl.  I don't try to harshly judge people only because they're born into wealth.  If it couldn't be me, it may as well have been her.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6

I thought Luann's braided hair looked nice although I wouldn't have worn my own hair that way to go to a restaurant because I used to braid it like that for field hockey games.

Look who glorified the braid. Yeah. That's not a Girl Scout.

IMG_1417.PNG

Edited by RedDelicious
On 4/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, DrSparkles said:

Thanks for this info! I also agree with those who say just completing a marathon is something. It's not for me, but good for them!! I did the breast cancer 3 day walk a few years back (20 miles each day for 3 days). SLEEPING IN TENTS AT NIGHT. No sir. I damn HATE camping. That was the suckiest part of all. My best friend was dying from cancer at the time tho :(  I did raise ~$4,500.

Finally saw the episode! I did tear up w Carole’s finish. Also, I meant to say in my previous post, in the 3-day, the woman I was walking w & I were the last people cross the finish line into Piedmont Park, along w someone on crutches & another w an artificial leg!!! (We didn’t get swept though.) oy.

• Love 5

On Carole and the marathon, it showed a vulnerability in her that made her a real person instead of a contrived character on a 'reality' show. I think her heart will be forever broken by Anthony's passing and I have different respect for her for sharing that story and honoring her husband the way that she did. It really touched me.

• Love 13

I thought Lu’s Hair was in what MomNinja called “French braids.”  I loved them. You did two braids that laid against your head one on each side of your part (center part of side part) and ended in a ponytail at the nape, or if your hair was long enough, in a braid that could be pinned up. 

It got the hair out of my eyes and off my sweaty neck but still had a more Interesting look than just pulled back. I didn’t perceive Lu wearing cornrows but It wasn’t Interesting enough an episode to rewatch, especially when I can’t FF.

I do love talking about hair, though!

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 10

Has Carole ever expressed an interest in singing? Have any of them, outside of Lu? That "does Carole have her own Pandora station?" was so out of left field, I kept expecting LuAnn to laugh at the obvious ridiculousness of what she was saying. I can see a HW envying Lu for her Hamptons house, her athletic figure, but her singing "career?" Never.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Tinsley had her own issues with Luann already and I don't think she is being manipulated by Carole.

I remember the West Palm Beach vs Palm Beach fight and Luann clapping back that Tinsley lived with her mommy.

Tinsley was also one of the women who got Tom Tom Tom --- He's my rose, he's my soulmate rammed down her throat while filming.

I've always loved Lu, but she was absolutely insufferable with the Tom stuff -- from her (forced) giddiness over him to accusing all the women of being jealous and expecting the royal treatment because she was a bride and then because she was married.  I hope it was all shtick for the show, because sheesh, I didn't even act like that when I was a 28 year old bride.  I can't imagine being 50 and thinking women were jealous of my betrothal and expect start treatment.  Not to mention, going through with a wedding when you have a cheating fiance?  Weak.   I don't blame all the women for having issues with her.  

48 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Has Carole ever expressed an interest in singing? Have any of them, outside of Lu? That "does Carole have her own Pandora station?" was so out of left field, I kept expecting LuAnn to laugh at the obvious ridiculousness of what she was saying. I can see a HW envying Lu for her Hamptons house, her athletic figure, but her singing "career?" Never.

And she's a terrible singer.  Remember that cringeworthy duet with Natalie Cole?  I felt terrible for Natalie; she must not have been in a good place to lower herself to a duet with a terrible singer who is a Real Housewife.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13
On 4/13/2018 at 11:21 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, Oprah got her first TV gig with natural hair.  And she never seemed afraid of her hair or her curls.  It seems to me she changed it over the years because that's what she wanted to do just like many women:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/oprahs-hairstyles_2/all

I think the same is true with Beyonce:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/88836-the-evolution-of-beyonces-hair-because-she-is-the-queen-of-all-things-including-a-fresh

Just sayin. 

You learn something new everyday.

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I like her mostly, and thus far have overlooked her tendency to devolve emotionally and whine like a much younger girl.  I don't try to harshly judge people only because they're born into wealth.  If it couldn't be me, it may as well have be her.

I agree. She can't help the family and position she was born into. She does seem a little clueless and immature at times, but I don't think she's rude or an outright snob. 

• Love 9
On 4/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, Michichick said:

Yes and yes. I got teary-eyed. Marathons are fucking hard. I don't care how long it took her.  She did it. Good job.

Well, they do a lottery. I got in the first time I entered the lottery. I don't know anyone! Plus I think you can buy your way in if you do it to raise money for charity.

I got in several years ago via the lottery. Hats off to her for finishing. I when I did a marathon a few years ago, it was tough. I wound up not getting to do the NYC one due to pregnancy but got talked into one years later. 

• Love 6
On 4/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, sasha206 said:

I understand cultural appropriation outrages when it comes to blackface and wearing traditional (or maybe stereotypical) garb that could be construed as offensive.  But being outraged because of a hairstyle?  At some point in this society, we've crossed over from relentless outrage where embracing a cultural aspect = implied racism.  

So much for imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

• Love 7