Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: One Life To Live

druzy
  • Start Topic

Amber had the option of telling Leah no and that she couldn't have a sleepover but she doesn't want to be the bad guy and would rather bitch. Tough shit Amber.

I don't even know what to say about Tyler and Cate. I under stand her trauma but there's  no compromising with her and she doesn't get the big picture. Nova is clearly suffering. So sad. 

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

?

I am deeply sorry.

Thank you for speaking out.

I forgot to mention that was a long time ago. My daughters are now 28 and 29 and I am 65. I was a really old mom! Thank you for that GREATKAZU. So sweet.

Edited by hoosiermom
Spelling
  • Love 20

Tyler and Cate grew up in the same county as I live.  They now live, I believe, just north of our county.  I have always had a soft spot for them.  I still have a soft spot for Tyler.  It is getting harder and harder for Cate.  If she truly is suicidal then leaving is best.  As hard as it is for Tyler, walking in on something horrible would be life altering.  I think Tyler needs to make his own plans on getting together with the first daughter when she is 18 and realize it is still best that they placed her at birth.  You can see the wheels turning in his head this episode.  Right now he is all Nova has at home and he is realizing it.

Amber - don't give a shit.  Leah is growing up and has her own life.  Amber can't keep faulting Gary for Leah's choices.  When you aren't around your kids learn to live without you.

Ryan - Just finished Unanswered Prayers by Truman Capote - it was ok, a little vulgar for my taste.  Anyways, in one part he is describing living at the YMCA and needing to get out so he is wandering downtown Manhattan and describing who and what he sees.  "The heroin nodders standing in doorways"................................PERFECT!

• Love 11

What's the deal with Maci's little kids? They are always so unkempt. Messy hair, wet faces, grubby hands. Bentley is a clean handsome kid. And other moms have nice looking kids. But Jayde and Maverick look like little disease carriers. So gross. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

So this amazing production job Hagrid has out in LA is some sort of pizza web series with a couple of college kids from UCLA????

I mean I know she'll use an excuse to get away from Leah but.....

And he has to be in LA to produce that quality programming.

• Love 4
Just now, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I guess it is at LEAST some sort of improvement to Matt who never worked. Small steps I guess. 

Is it paid?  I mean I’m all for people making opportunities to add to their resume but he knocked up a slug.  Still, at least he’s doing something outside of that house. He hasn’t been totally enveloped in her slothfulness.

• Love 5
Just now, missbonnie said:

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion about Catelyn and Tyler but damn, the guy has went above and beyond with her and her bullshit. She's clearly not interested in working on her shit outside of inpatient treatment. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he dumped her ass and sued for full custody of Nova. 

Scroll up. Not unpopular at all. I think tonight confirmed a lot of people’s suspicions that they felt bad saying before and catelynn lost all the  sympathy.

You’re  in good company.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I hope Mackenzie's ultrasound showed she was having a dog. That's the only way this kid is gonna get any attention from Ryan.

I think I just wet my pants. hahahaha!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MinorL said:

Interesting how Catelynn calls her dad abandoning her “trauma,” but then abandons her daughter to address said trauma. I feel so bad for Nova. 

I came here to say the exact same thing.  "She'll manage."  Wow. 

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion about Catelyn and Tyler but damn, the guy has went above and beyond with her and her bullshit. She's clearly not interested in working on her shit outside of inpatient treatment. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he dumped her ass and sued for full custody of Nova. 

I lost sympathy for that quesadilla troll long ago. Many others as well.

Catelynn needs to be put away for a good long while in a regular psych ward without amenities.

• Love 21

It's infuriating because if it was the county hospital or a state run rehab she WOULD NOT GO because those places suck!

She is so spoiled with "rich people rehab" she just does not have a clue.

Tyler needs to take poor Nova and GTF away from her my god.

• Love 15

Here's a thought, maybe Catelynn and Tyler need to get the hell out of Michigan and move to Arizona. I used to have SAD when I lived in the Pacific NW and my mood got way better when I moved to California. I have a friend who moved from Cali to Michigan a few years ago and every winter she is miserable. They could both get away from their pasts a little and try something new. I'm always so shocked at the lack of creativity any of these people have about their lives. As much as I hate Farrah, she's the only one who gets off the couch and takes some chances. 

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Cate whining about how she had to force herself to do her makeup and straighten her hair so she has to run back to rehab...bitch, please. I'm sorry, but that sounds like a total #firstworldproblem "I was so depressed I could barely draw on my eyebrows this morning! I need at least 6 more weeks to overcome my trauma!" That's just what it made me think of. Look, I enjoy breaks from my kids. I do. I'm not going to lie, if given the chance to spend a few weeks away from them right now I totally would. I love 'em but I spend every waking moment with them. Once I got away from them, however, I'd be crying to go back after a day or two. My husband and I occasionally do the weekend away thing and we spend half the weekend Skyping with the kids because we miss them. The ONE time we didn't do that was when we went to Vegas for 4 days and that's because we made each other drink so that we wouldn't cry over them. But I digress...I have depression. I have trouble some days. By "trouble", though, I mean I have trouble even sitting up in bed because I am so depressed. Trouble even facing a new day. Forget putting on my makeup or straightening my hair-I have trouble simply opening my eyes and facing the fact that a new day has started. You know what would make things even WORSE for me, though? Leaving my kids for 12 weeks. The guilt and homesickness would absolutely eat away at me. 

I know we shouldn't compare but if I were Cate I'd be calling my local doctor and saying, "Give me some Klonopin, schedule an immediate therapy session, and up the Prozac because I can't function." But I absolutely would not abandon my kid again. Because, at this point, that's what she is doing. #yesImjudging 

Considering she almost never does her hair and makeup on all these seasons (except when she was in rehab bc did you notice how it was clean and curled ) I took the fact she was showered and had makeup on as a good sign that she was doing alright and didn’t need rehab.

Not that it’s a benchmark for wellness but comparing it to all other video footage of her it was definitely an improvement. 

She just doesn’t want to take care of a kid. Not saying she doesn’t have a million other issues but her main one seems to be laziness and the desire to be somewhere that requires her to lounge with no obligations.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, fetching said:

Here's a thought, maybe Catelynn and Tyler need to get the hell out of Michigan and move to Arizona. I used to have SAD when I lived in the Pacific NW and my mood got way better when I moved to California. I have a friend who moved from Cali to Michigan a few years ago and every winter she is miserable. They could both get away from their pasts a little and try something new. I'm always so shocked at the lack of creativity any of these people have about their lives. As much as I hate Farrah, she's the only one who gets off the couch and takes some chances. 

I recall an episode where those two were talking about house hunting in California. 

It is too expensive to live here in So. Cal. They could never afford a Crunch Wrap house here and the property taxes, something they don't bother paying back in Michigan.

I am with you about Farrah.

Catelynn only did the make-up and hair because she was told to by the staff at the spa. She is still not at the point where she wants to do anything. I don't think she will ever get there. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9

For me the quote of the night was the last one made by Amber..I don't have it exact but saying all she went through has lead her to be now a "clear headed, non-alcoholic, non pill-popping mother".  WTF

Clear or level headed?  I wonder what color the sky is in Amber's world.

NON-Alcoholic? We have seen her continue to drink with Matt,  in Puerto Rico, and she always has a glass on MBC. I will hand it to her that I have not seen her drink since getting pregnant. But u can't say non-alcoholic and keep drinking and she had treatment in jail, she knows it's lifelong disease. 

I also can't believe the way she said she would not fight custody and remove Leah from her home and her baby sister...like this is a sacrifice for her instead of juSt her selfish way of getting rid of responsibilities.  Gary does not have to switch weekends, he is the one who had to tell Leah her mom was not coming again and had to see her broken heart. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I recall an episode where those two were talking about house hunting in California. 

It is too expensive to live here in So. Cal. They could never afford a Crunch Wrap house here and the property taxes, something they don't bother paying back in Michigan.

They could afford something in Arizona though, don't you think? 

• Love 2

Amber drinking all that Gatorade is not good. It has a lot of sodium. She can acquire hypertension and high blood sugar from drinking that stuff. It is clear she is not following the guidelines of someone who has gestational diabetes. She is just like how Cate was when she was dealing with GD when she was pregnant with non-Carly. No F's to give. 

• Love 9

She just doesn’t want to take care of a kid. Not saying she doesn’t have a million other issues but her main one seems to be laziness and the desire to be somewhere that requires her to lounge with no obligations.

Her daughter is in daycare.  Her level of standards for babysitters includes her mom, so she's willing to hire people who probably use drugs to watch her kids. How much could a drug addict babysitter possibly cost in rural Michigan?   She and Tyler are making a fortune in Teen Mom money so I don't really understand why she can't hire babysitters to do the majority of the heavy work with her child for the hours the child isn't in daycare.  She can spend most of her days on "self care" and replicate whatever is happening in therapy.  

• Love 6

This is such a silly little thing, but...

My DVR was acting up and only recorded about the first 30 minutes of the show and then I couldn't restart it to go back and look once I got that far, but during the meal at Jen and Larry's, didn't J/L (at least) have largely full plates still when talking/panning to them, and Mack at least have a plate (didn't catch if it looked like she'd eaten at all) but then there be NO plate in front of Ryan when they zoomed out at the end of the scene?

It struck me odd and then bugged me that I couldn't go back to see if he really was just sitting there petting the dog and not eating while the other three all were eating together.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, onatrek said:

This is such a silly little thing, but...

My DVR was acting up and only recorded about the first 30 minutes of the show and then I couldn't restart it to go back and look once I got that far, but during the meal at Jen and Larry's, didn't J/L (at least) have largely full plates still when talking/panning to them, and Mack at least have a plate (didn't catch if it looked like she'd eaten at all) but then there be NO plate in front of Ryan when they zoomed out at the end of the scene?

It struck me odd and then bugged me that I couldn't go back to see if he really was just sitting there petting the dog and not eating while the other three all were eating together.

I just checked for you! ? Ryan didn’t have a plate in front of him for the entire scene!  He just sat there holding the dog. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I had a quote box but it disappeared?!? It was asking @GreatKazu and @FairyDusted what PPP meant! LOL.

Maybe Nova was acting like that over bedtime because she feared she’d wake up and you will be gone?! But its all about your childhood trauma. ?

I wouldn't blame Tyler if he were having an emotional affair right now. This is some bullshit for any spouse to deal with. He has a woman that up and leaves him and their daughter whenever life gets to be, I don’t know, a bit like life. He's left with all of the responsibility and isn't allowed to even vent about his own frustrations to his wife, just a vent, not rehab, the dude just wants to vent. If he's getting so little emotional support you KNOW the sexual support is non-existent.

I can totally see Tyler having an emotional affair right now, with NuCate or someone, but Cate I do fear there is at least a someone. You better be careful because you do have a good husband and you're risking it because he feels neglected in many aspects by his wife.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 9