Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: People Like Me

(edited)

Wow. Kerry really struggled to remember that out-muscled line (and they kept it in). This show is struggling to hold my interest but her stammering and sputtering for what felt like a solid ten seconds pulled my attention from my phone.

Bye, Scott Foley. You’re not surviving the end of this show. 

I liked Abby getting in on the hacker action. Wildly unbelievable but good for her. 

It'd be a lot easier to believe all of this “you’re better than this” garbage if the “Olivia is bad and must be taken down at all costs” arc hadn’t ended three episodes ago. Mellie has also been a part of some terrible things over the show’s run. And Huck... don’t get me started. 

It’s sad this show really went off the rails. But I’m so glad it’s going to be finished in two episodes. Sticking with it to the bitter end. 

Edited by UGAmp
  • Love 6

Mellie’s monologue about not letting Cyrus steal her and Liv’s success in getting her elected.... ugh. First off, this show can’t write monologues. But even more- Mellie and Liv lost the election. But then because of Frankie Vargas’ death, orchestrated by Cyrus, she ended up winning the electoral college. So if anyone put her there, it was not Liv, not the voters, but Cyrus. I know we’re supposed to think Cyrus is so much worse than all the other murderers on this show, but he’s not. They all have done terrible things for power, money, or just because they like blood. Marcus and David are the only halfway decent people on the show. Abby might be a quarter decent.

(edited)
2 hours ago, UGAmp said:

It'd be a lot easier to believe all of this “you’re better than this” garbage if the “Olivia is bad and must be taken down at all costs” arc hadn’t ended three episodes ago. Mellie has also been a part of some terrible things over the show’s run. And Huck... don’t get me started. 

Sloppy 'redemption arc' 101: Villainize another character, in this case, over the top mustache twirling villains in order to push the 'changed Liv' narrative for the final episodes after wasting most of the season on Dark Liv.

Edited by Free
  • Love 10

As soon as I saw that the episode was directed by none other than Papa Pope, I sat back for an hour of speechifying and eeeMOting....which is what I got.

I can't with Huck's current persona of wide eyed innocence.

Not thrilled with the teaser of showing Olivia and Cyrus alone in a windowless room with her hands on a metal chair....and ....still two more episodes to go.

• Love 2

Um, some issues.

One, Mellie is NOT better than the rest of you Fitz.  You all just have hella short memories.

Two, how is killing the veep supposed to convince people you didn't kidnap the veep?

Three, Olivia didn't back off of killing Cyrus because "that's not who you are".  It's because Jake interrupted.  So she didn't pull the trigger, whoop.  She was still offering him the wine.

Four, there's a browser for the dark internet?  Seems too easy but what do I know?

Was glad to see Nessa/Terri gone. Bye girl.  And despite how stupid it is, I still love Olitz.  Fitz is hot as hell in those shirts with no ties and jackets. Yum.  And I liked his conversation with Mellie on the phone. Nice that they have reached a peaceful existence.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mama No Life said:

One, Mellie is NOT better than the rest of you Fitz.  You all just have hella short memories

I can’t figure out if the writers are stupid enough to believe that or if they think we are stupid enough to believe that if they keep repeating it. The show’s retcon of Mellie is one of my top pet peeves on the show. She was much more interesting before they decided to make her the Patron Saint of Politics.

(edited)

It's a good thing this show is in its final episodes because it could not get any more ludicrous. 

Huck is now the moral compass of the show.  The same Huck who tortured and killed his way through most of the show's run, culminating in his killing a bus full of jurors.

Poor Charlie - wasting away in prison for a crime he didn't commit, beaten, hurt  and pitiful.  Another one who killed and tortured his way through most of the show's run.

Jake kills his wife - and what? no one is ever going to ask where she is?  IIRC, she has family and an important daddy.  Explain that away, Jake. Maybe Olivia can help.

Saint Olivia has qualms about killing wretched old Cyrus.  Where were those qualms when she blew up the plane with the foreign leader and his daughter in it?

Mellie's hands aren't clean, and I won't even start on Quinn - Huck and Charlie's partner in torture.

And Olivia gives Mellie such a strong, passionate, empowering speech...only to scamper  right back to Fitz because she needs his big strong shoulders and because she always scampers back to Fitz.  Ho-Hum.

57 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Olivia handing Cyrus that glass of poisoned wine was a joke.  It was like a live action cartoon character.  

That scene was laugh out loud funny - she just stood there holding out the glass, saying "Don't you want your wine?" Yeah, Liv, let me just gulp that down for you. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Olivia handing Cyrus that glass of poisoned wine was a joke.  It was like a live action cartoon character.  

She may as well have labeled that glass poison while she's at it considering how obvious she made it.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

It's a good thing this show is in its final episodes because it could not get any more ludicrous. 

Huck is now the moral compass of the show.  The same Huck who tortured and killed his way through most of the show's run, culminating in his killing a bus full of jurors.

Poor Charlie - wasting away in prison for a crime he didn't commit, beaten, hurt  and pitiful.  Another one who killed and tortured his way through most of the show's run.

Jake kills his wife - and what? no one is ever going to ask where she is?  IIRC, she has family and an important daddy.  Explain that away, Jake. Maybe Olivia can help.

Saint Olivia has qualms about killing wretched old Cyrus.  Where were those qualms when she blew up the plane with the foreign leader and his daughter in it?

Mellie's hands aren't clean, and I won't even start on Quinn - Huck and Charlie's partner in torture.

And Olivia gives Mellie such a strong, passionate, empowering speech...only to scamper  right back to Fitz because she needs his big strong shoulders and because she always scampers back to Fitz.  Ho-Hum.

That scene was laugh out loud funny - she just stood there holding out the glass, saying "Don't you want your wine?" Yeah, Liv, let me just gulp that down for you. 

Hilarious and then when Jake takes Cyrus, she says, "don't forget your wine".  Absurd.  I was hoping Jake was going to force feed it to Olivia.  

• Love 6

Yeah.. I don’t.. get these final episodes at all. I have no idea what’s going to happen next and not in a fun way. It’s actually really boring. Like, all this stupid crazy stuff that I wouldn’t expect it to happen happens and it’s boring.

I don’t care that Jake killed his wife, even though it’s not all that surprising. It’s not like it’s the first time he killed someone and again.. it’s bit like his wife was a big character on this show. It may be even worse than the season finale where he killed her dad and we were all supposed to be shocked.

It’s things like this that make me hate this show, I think they think they’re going somewhere but until they actually kill someone important, viewers can’t be all that bothered to care. And then I’m wondering why they aren’t killing important people at this point? It’s the final season. I don’t know what they’re holding out for, but.. it doesn’t make sense.

Like I said last night there’s no one left to root for. I hate them all. And I know I’m going to be real dissatisfied with this shows ending because it’ll probably end up with Liv making jam in vermont with Fitz or something.

• Love 9

I am completely baffled about - well - everything.  These people want power.  They all had power.  At one time, Cyrus, Liv and Jake were fine being in the background scheming and doing whatever.  Mellie is President, Liv was Chief of Staff, Cyrus was VP, and Jake was doing whatever with B613.  Then they all started lying and scheming against each other.  Liv and Jake killed Rashid.  Jake sold out Liv.  Cyrus sold out Mellie and Jake.  When that didn't work, Cyrus framed Mellie and Charlie for his attempted murder.  Jake switched teams again and is now working with Cyrus.  Mellie is back to working with Liv.  Mellie's solution for getting rid of the problem of Mellie being framed for attempting to kill Cyrus is for Liv to actually kill Cyrus.  Jake killed his wife to bring home to Cyrus that they are working together and are equals (equally murderous psychopaths that is).  Has it occurred to any of these morons that they would all still have power, and wouldn't be trying to cover up a million scandals if they hadn't started stabbing each other in the back again.

• Love 10

Why do I keep hoping Jake is working Cyrus?

Heh, we'd probably all be better people if Fitz hadn't come into our lives.

Olivia should've capped Jake while he was delivering that verbal smackdown. But noooo, no nice things for us.

"I am not guilty." Oh, Mellie. That's right up there with "I am not a crook" and "I did not have sex with that woman." Sometimes the better choice is to say nothing, even if it's the truth.

Not sure why they bothered to bring Jake's wife back for an appearance just to kill her off. Assuming she's actually dead and this isn't part of some big scheme by Jake to Save the Democracy!

Guess Shonda had to throw the Olitzers a bone before the finale. I hope that was just a one-time thing and not a precursor to Vermont.

• Love 6

Olivia was loosely alluding to some Hamilton lyrics during her literal face to face with Mellie in the tunnel.  outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered outplanned are from Hamilton and she was pretty much right there with it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Free said:

She may as well have labeled that glass poison while she's at it considering how obvious she made it.

Chateauneuf du Pope. The show has become a silent movie, and may be best experienced that way.

• Love 5

Yeah.. that scene when Jake walked  in (which.. I know Liv sent Huck home because he didn’t want to watch her kill cyrus{which is another wtf? Like stop trying to make Huck just wants peace thing happen show, the shows over, we’re done} but did not lock the door? I mean I guess Jake might be ace in breaking down locked doors but still) and Liv is like thrusting the wine at him, “you forgot your wine”.. what was up with that scene? It was just off. It felt ridiculous. I know it was all leading to the showdown of Jake thrusting his gun at Liv at the end but.. I was so confused. The way Liv was acting, did she really think Cyrus would drink it in that scene? 

Its like no one is trying anymore. It feels like a badly acted soap opera at this point.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I am completely baffled about - well - everything.  These people want power.  They all had power.  At one time, Cyrus, Liv and Jake were fine being in the background scheming and doing whatever.  Mellie is President, Liv was Chief of Staff, Cyrus was VP, and Jake was doing whatever with B613.  Then they all started lying and scheming against each other.  Liv and Jake killed Rashid.  Jake sold out Liv.  Cyrus sold out Mellie and Jake.  When that didn't work, Cyrus framed Mellie and Charlie for his attempted murder.  Jake switched teams again and is now working with Cyrus.  Mellie is back to working with Liv.  Mellie's solution for getting rid of the problem of Mellie being framed for attempting to kill Cyrus is for Liv to actually kill Cyrus.  Jake killed his wife to bring home to Cyrus that they are working together and are equals (equally murderous psychopaths that is).  Has it occurred to any of these morons that they would all still have power, and wouldn't be trying to cover up a million scandals if they hadn't started stabbing each other in the back again.

Exactly, it's essentially a contrived situation to force a 'final villain' for Liv and OPA to defeat before the series ends, it also acts as the writers' attempts at sloppily trying to force a redemption out of Liv after being 'dark' for most of the season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Mellie's solution for getting rid of the problem of Mellie being framed for attempting to kill Cyrus is for Liv to actually kill Cyrus. 

OMG, you're right! I never had put it together that way, but now I see it's crystal clear, and I'm LOL'ing.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

If someone had handed me a glass of wine with the look that Olivia had on her face, I would have slapped it out of her hand and bounced.  Olivia cannot control her face and the top lip.

Speaking of lips, I knew Jake's wife was a goner when she kept lipping off at him.  I won't miss her.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Oblique Angle said:

Not sure why they bothered to bring Jake's wife back for an appearance just to kill her off. Assuming she's actually dead and this isn't part of some big scheme by Jake to Save the Democracy!

Hmmm...now that you mention it, I wonder if she really is dead?  I mean, that could have been fake blood all around her head.  Since this is Scandal, I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Hmmm...now that you mention it, I wonder if she really is dead?  I mean, that could have been fake blood all around her head.  Since this is Scandal, I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Oh, god. That might be true. I honestly have no idea what this show even is anymore.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, candle96 said:

OMG, you're right! I never had put it together that way, but now I see it's crystal clear, and I'm LOL'ing.

Yeah, ordering Liv to murder Cyrus is so much better than trying to prove you are innocent of the attempted murder of Cyrus.  These people's logic and whatever functioning brain cells they had, left the building several years ago. 

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I thought Jake had finally snapped, but maybe he's got some other idiotic plan going on?

• Love 2

Again.. I’m baffled at this show because it looks and sounds like a cartoon. 

Like KW in that scene when she’s holding out the wine glass to Cyrus is the scene that sticks out most to me. Everything was so off in that scene to me. The way it looked, the way all the actors sounded, etc. I know when shows go on for a while, actors have a tendency to make their characters caricatures but these episodes feel beyond that at this point. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Again.. I’m baffled at this show because it looks and sounds like a cartoon. 

Like KW in that scene when she’s holding out the wine glass to Cyrus is the scene that sticks out most to me. Everything was so off in that scene to me. The way it looked, the way all the actors sounded, etc. I know when shows go on for a while, actors have a tendency to make their characters caricatures but these episodes feel beyond that at this point. 

It really does.  If Mellie wanted Cyrus dead, and Liv agreed to go along with it, why have Liv do it herself?  They know plenty of killers who wouldn't have a problem killing Cyrus.  Not only was the entire Mellie wants Liv to kill Cyrus, Huck's clutching his pearls about it, and Liv was the worst assassin ever SL dumb, the hacker Cyrus hired turns up dead plot was horrible to.  I'll never understand how a dead body means case closed, there's nothing else they can do.  Usually a dead body results in more investigation and questions.

• Love 2

So Mellie's plan to avoid an investigation of her trying to kill the veep is to kill the veep?  What?

When Cyrus was so insistent about talking to Liv about how things would be different (or not) had none of this happened, it makes me think more than ever that this is going to end with a reset.  We'll flash back to the Fitz campaign, she and Fitz won't become involved and Fitz will lose the election.  Liv will decide to make jam by herself.

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

So Mellie's plan to avoid an investigation of her trying to kill the veep is to kill the veep?  What?

When Cyrus was so insistent about talking to Liv about how things would be different (or not) had none of this happened, it makes me think more than ever that this is going to end with a reset.  We'll flash back to the Fitz campaign, she and Fitz won't become involved and Fitz will lose the election.  Liv will decide to make jam by herself.

"it was all a dream?!"

3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

"it was all a dream?!"

Yeah.. I wouldn’t be shocked if this is how it ends. Although, I feel like Fitz and Olivia are going to end up together, even if I personally believe they are terrible(both together and apart), they seem to be this shows otp ship forever(kind of how Derek was back on Greys and in some ways kind of still is at times despite having died on the show) so Fitz and Olivia will end up together I think.

The problem is the did a What If episode last season. If Olivia had never even agreed to rig the election, Fitz and Olivia would have ended up happily together and even having Mellie making some ridiculous speech to Olivia about how she Olivia saved Fitz. So if they do a reset it has to be different somehow.

Also also while I know this show is far gone, I’ve always thought that when it ended, Olivia would be doing neither of those things she always talked with Fitz and Jake. She wanted jam with Fitz, she wanted beaches with Jake, I always thought Olivia would end up doing something completely opposite of either those things. What? I don’t know. 

(edited)

This show has become a really bad soap opera.  In order to make a love triangle disappear you make one guy EVAL....I guess they went with the obvious and boring choice.

plus mustache twirling villains that everyone wants to murder.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Empress1 said:

"it was all a dream?!"

This would suck, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went this route.  They should have stayed the course they set with Liv and Jake killing Rashid.  Papa Pope should have killed Quinn.  Charlie should have killed Papa Pope.  Jake should have killed Charlie.  Cyrus should have poisoned Mellie for whatever reason.  Liv should have killed Cyrus.  Jake should have killed Liv.  Fitz should have committed suicide.  Huck should have killed Jake.  Mama Pope should have killed Huck.  David and Abby are killed in a car wreck trying to leave Washington D.C.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, helpmerhonda said:

I hate all of these people. Seriously. All of them.

Which is why I want them all to die.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

This show has become a really bad soap opera.  In order to make a love triangle disappear you make one guy EVAL....I guess they went with the obvious and boring choice.

plus mustache twirling villains that everyone wants to murder.  

I never thought there was much of a triangle.  Liv always seemed to prefer Fitz, and even then there were about a million things Liv would choose over Fitz and Jake.

• Love 4
On 4/7/2018 at 8:01 AM, Haleth said:

Didn't we already have an alternate universe episode where Fitz lost the election? Then he left Mellie for Liv and they ended up miserable.

I think they had a different alternate universe episode where she never met Fitz too. I think she was miserable in that one too.