Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Better Latex Than Never

• Start Topic

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, zoeysmom said:

When Kyle is talking about Erika being late and saying she is inconsiderate-how does that differ from what she was saying at the beach house about Erika?  Kyle apparently believes she can say whatever she wants about some one and not take responsibility for her words. When Teddi prattles on about not saying anything about your friends does it not register with Kyle?  Or does Kyle have some type of immunity?

It would seem there are a different set of rules about tardiness and waiting for the tardy person.  Kyle and Erika seem to have immunity from being left out when tardy.  I don't think being late is ever excusable but there is definitely a different set of rules depending on the offender.  

The obvious was certainly addressed on WWHL-of course these women raise contentious issues while filming it is a TV show.  Very disappointing season.  Very production driven.  I guess I am tired of so many of the conversations being based around how a person should have spoken or what they should or should not say.  Boring.

I think the difference is Erika and Kyle apologized when they were late.  Dorit just made excuses and tried to pretend the person waiting just had the wrong time or was being unreasonable when showing any level of annoyance.   It's an important distinction to make.

• Love 20
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone else think the benches Dorit and Rinna were sitting on for their pedis did not look really comfortable?  I like the massage chairs at my local (and probably more reasonably priced) nail place.

Bwahahah!

If Dorit did not want the bathing suit (we saw on her model) to look like she needs to pluck it out from between her buttocks than maybe she should have not made a thong suit.  Just a thought. 

I loved when PK asked Dorit if he could retire now, like we have ever seen him actually work.  Booking Boy George to your friends in your living room is not working.

Being a bit of a spa whore myself, I've noticed that about pedicures.  The cheaper places have the nice comfy massage chairs while the higher end places generally have you sitting up high on a not so comfortable perch.  I actually prefer going to the cheapie places for that reason alone.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, KungFuBunny said:

While I agree both Lisa and Dorit looked good at the spa...they were not makeup free. Both of them had foundation and under eye concealer.

That was finally Dorit's real hair we could see - no volume, flat and dirty streaked blond.

Didn't Dorit say at Teddy's spa event - I won't let just anyone touch me. I'm very specific and have my own people?

She was just being a snotty bitch.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I think the difference is Erika and Kyle apologized when they were late.  Dorit just made excuses and tried to pretend the person waiting just had the wrong time or was being unreasonable when showing any level of annoyance.   It's an important distinction to make.

Kyle never apologized for being late to LVP.   Dorit said I am so, so, so sorry.  Dorit didn't pretend Teddi had the wrong time-Dorit raised the issue that she was given a 4:30 time and confirmed the same reciting the conversation she had with Teddi on the phone.  Teddi also claimed that Dorit told Kyle she was six minutes late and Kyle refuted Teddi's statement.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/dorit-kemsley/dorit-kemsley-i-need-to-work-on-my

So as far as distinctions go-it is also important to have the facts correct.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Erika apologizing for being late doesn't excuse Kyle gripping about her at the time, Kyle didn't apologize to Erika for the snotty things she said. I think that is what ZM was getting at.

26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle never apologized for being late to LVP.   Dorit said I am so, so, so sorry.  Dorit didn't pretend Teddi had the wrong time-Dorit raised the issue that she was given a 4:30 time and confirmed the same reciting the conversation she had with Teddi on the phone.  Teddi also claimed that Dorit told Kyle she was six minutes late and Kyle refuted Teddi's statement.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/dorit-kemsley/dorit-kemsley-i-need-to-work-on-my

My problem with this is that Dorit, as a second season veteran, would know that production likes to give different times to different HWs to up the drama but Teddi, as a newbie, won't know this. Yes, Dorit apologized but then defended her lateness in the same breath, I suspect she forgot that Teddi is new and unaware of production games. 

Kyle never apologizes for her crap, be it being late or making herself the victim when she starts the fight.

• Love 6
On 4/12/2018 at 6:41 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t believe how much Dorit went after that Bravo fan, calling her a weird woman, and saying, “No wonder your son can’t find anyone to marry him!” (paraphrasing)

4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree Dorit's children are spared directly.  Dorit obviously believes the comments are deleterious to her children.  In spite of PK pronouncement he has never done cocaine in his Rinna's unfounded allegation takes on a life of its own.

I think the producers really wanted to make a huge deal out of the "stupid c" comment.  I would go so far as to say, the day Teddi and Dorit were suppose to meet for drinks, the purpose was for Teddi to address the "stupid c" comments and condition Dorit's invitation on an apology to Camille.  I am guessing Teddi bailed partially because she was feeling uncomfortable, given that Dorit was en route when she bailed.  The tardy thing is obviously not a big deal.  When she did finally confront Dorit it was in passing at her spa day and she couldn't even mention Camille by name.  By then I think both LVP and Kyle had convinced Teddi that Dorit was just drunk and the comments weren't malicious.  Camille seemed to want to get some mileage out of the "strap on" comments.  Right before Dorit made the "strap on" comments Camille had declared she didn't have "a dick or testicles".  It wasn't the non-sequitur Camille made it out to be.   

Let's hope the woman's son was an adult otherwise her offering him up to Andy would be all kinds of wrong.  

For all of the adoration of Teddi, when she and Edwin are in a group setting they are non-verbal and pretty much a non-entity.  They don't seem to get reality shows involve speaking.  I am hoping next season they bring on someone who realizes the importance of speaking.  Not as much as Dorit but just something.

I can't feel sorry for the woman.  She tried to be all coy and went there. Add to it, Rinner's over the top, running away from the rumor SHE started and sipping her drink by the bar ladies.  

Rinner hasn't changed one iota.  Vile.

And!  Sorry, but I don't believe for a nano second that diapers and dusters have made more money, overall, than the Todd restaurant/nightclub empire.  

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, missyb said:

Lisa RInna is holding a mighty big grudge over LVP. She probably really was set up to bring up Munchausen and is rightly resentful about it. Oh well, she is moving on nicely. Getting her jabs in during her talking heads.

But like Porsha in the ATL, Lisa R didn't have to be such a good $#!t-stirrer utilizing so much gusto in her maliciousness! I have a very long memory and it would take more than a year to get over some of this gossip-mongering! To this day, I'm not sure how LR has any buds? Trying to turn around her image is more an act than the public $#!t-stirring when her "talking head" tells us how she really feels about something! She's phony as Fk and no one can deny it! Keeping it real about everyone else is a bit hypocritical of her! Her flimsy self deprecation tactics don't impress me! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

We'll have to agree to disagree about Dorit's alleged 4:30 call time and the fact that given what her driver said she wouldn't have gotten there until nearly 5:30 anyway.  I don't really care about splitting hairs regarding who told whom what days after the fact.  All Dorit had to do was apologize profusely, not immediately go on a smear campaign trying to make Teddy look unhinged for daring to be annoyed at being made to wait for nearly an hour.  I have the facts fine, thank you.  It's possible for many people to watch a scene and come to a different conclusion.  That's how we get 7+ page threads on an episode. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 21
24 minutes ago, lezlers said:

We'll have to agree to disagree about Dorit's alleged 4:30 call time and the fact that given what her driver said she wouldn't have gotten there until nearly 5:30 anyway.  I don't really care about splitting hairs regarding who told whom what days after the fact.  All Dorit had to do was apologize profusely, not immediately go on a smear campaign trying to make Teddy look unhinged for daring to be annoyed at being made to wait for nearly an hour.  I have the facts fine, thank you.  It's possible for many people to watch a scene and come to a different conclusion.  That's how we get 7+ page threads on an episode. 

If Dorit isn't talking about herself, she's usually going after someone else; eviscerating their character! Teddi should know not to bother with Dorit after that dinner she had with PK and her husband where she relentlessly went after Lisa R rehashing old dramas! She can't be that dumb and seems to enjoy "playing" everyone while she blabs everything seen and heard in her day! ;-(

• Love 1
On 4/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, eclectcmoi said:

I greatly admire what you do for animals Anne Thrax. <3

Aww thanks.  It really is satisfying work - especially when you see them get picked up by their new humans.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

Actually what you said is the difference was Dorit didn't apologize-she did.   I think saying I am so so so sorry is a profuse apology. 5:30 is a huge stretch and this why accountability is important.    No body not even Dorit made Teddi look unhinged.  Teddi was angry that Dorit told Kyle about the incident and asked that in the future she talk to her directly.  It was Teddi who made the comments about between 4:30 and Christmas-which did not reflect what Dorit said.

7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Erika apologizing for being late doesn't excuse Kyle gripping about her at the time, Kyle didn't apologize to Erika for the snotty things she said. I think that is what ZM was getting at.

My problem with this is that Dorit, as a second season veteran, would know that production likes to give different times to different HWs to up the drama but Teddi, as a newbie, won't know this. Yes, Dorit apologized but then defended her lateness in the same breath, I suspect she forgot that Teddi is new and unaware of production games. 

Kyle never apologizes for her crap, be it being late or making herself the victim when she starts the fight.

I think most people offer an apology as to why they are late-except Kyle.  I would be far more upset if someone said, "  I am running late just cause."  Or Kelly Bensimon telling Bethenny-too bad.  I thought it lame for Dorit to address it the way she did and just as lame as Teddi to ask if she was still alive.  Teddi wanted to leave and get her boring accountability blurb in.  Dorit had no desire to revisit the issue with Teddi. Teddi was telling Dorit she could not discuss the issue with Dorit's own friends.  

What I find disingenuous is both Teddi and Kyle after saying they would only wait x-number of minutes hanging around for Erika.

I don't know that either Teddi or Dorit were aware of the gmaes production plays.  It was like Dorit at Kyle's lights out party an hour and half before anyone else.  WIth the exception of LVP and Rinna (who has been late this year) it seems like production is trying to strike back at the ladies for being tardy.  Once again, although waiting on someone being late is something we can all relate to it just doesn't make for good television.

I am still wondering what event Erika had in Berlin? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually what you said is the difference was Dorit didn't apologize-she did.   I think saying I am so so so sorry is a profuse apology. 5:30 is a huge stretch and this why accountability is important.    No body not even Dorit made Teddi look unhinged.  Teddi was angry that Dorit told Kyle about the incident and asked that in the future she talk to her directly.  It was Teddi who made the comments about between 4:30 and Christmas-which did not reflect what Dorit said.

I think most people offer an apology as to why they are late-except Kyle.  I would be far more upset if someone said, "  I am running late just cause."  Or Kelly Bensimon telling Bethenny-too bad.  I thought it lame for Dorit to address it the way she did and just as lame as Teddi to ask if she was still alive.  Teddi wanted to leave and get her boring accountability blurb in.  Dorit had no desire to revisit the issue with Teddi. Teddi was telling Dorit she could not discuss the issue with Dorit's own friends.  

What I find disingenuous is both Teddi and Kyle after saying they would only wait x-number of minutes hanging around for Erika.

I don't know that either Teddi or Dorit were aware of the gmaes production plays.  It was like Dorit at Kyle's lights out party an hour and half before anyone else.  WIth the exception of LVP and Rinna (who has been late this year) it seems like production is trying to strike back at the ladies for being tardy.  Once again, although waiting on someone being late is something we can all relate to it just doesn't make for good television.

I am still wondering what event Erika had in Berlin? 

Yes, Dorit gave an explanation but it came across as an excuse, like, I was too busy to worry about being on time for a lunch I arranged. I think it very possible that Teddi gave a time she would be home to her babysitter and had to get back at that time. Funny, when I am expecting someone and they are very late, the first thing I ask when they call me is "Are you alright?", thinking they may have had an accident or had car problems on their way to see me, so I took Teddi's comment, "are you alive" the same way.

I think if we removed Kyle's rendition from this, there would not be a problem between Dorit/Teddi. I think she made Teddi feel that Dorit blamed her and visa versa. And, I think Teddi was telling Dorit that if she was upset at something she did/said, to come to her first, not the others. Teddi didn't want Dorit to negatively influence the others about her, while Dorit didn't want Teddi to come between her and her friends and then we have Kyle who really doesn't want anyone to be friends with each other, only with her. 

I have no doubt that Dorit is aware of production games, especially the different film times, she isn't stupid. I also think production is finally showing us more of the real Erika, her temper/anger outbursts and her tardiness because of her glam squad. I don't think Erika really had any meeting in Berlin, that was productions way of explaining the trip. 

• Love 10

I have got to get back to watching the past seasons of BH, but I think you assessd kyle perfectly for me wirewrap. 

Kyle doesn't want anyone to be friends with anyone but her.

But unlike LVP, no one fights to be her number one.  And what's crazy, based on the first 4 seasons, LVP was deperate to be Kyle's number one.  I think that played into her issues with Faye Resnik. 

That and she's morally corrupt.  Faye Resnik.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I have got to get back to watching the past seasons of BH, but I think you assessd kyle perfectly for me wirewrap. 

Kyle doesn't want anyone to be friends with anyone but her.

But unlike LVP, no one fights to be her number one.  And what's crazy, based on the first 4 seasons, LVP was deperate to be Kyle's number one.  I think that played into her issues with Faye Resnik. 

That and she's morally corrupt.  Faye Resnik.  

After Kyle allowed Rinna to abuse her sister for the last season or 2, I was done with her! The world truly has to revolve around Kyle for her to be content! Kim's making strides, but there's Lisa undermining her sobriety for some reason! Why do it on Nat'l TV and corrupt Eden's opinion before they even met? Rinna trying to rehabilitate herself of late because of the kids is laughable; well knowing what she was doing at the time! Crocodile tears and small violins for Rinna when it blows up again! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

After Kyle allowed Rinna to abuse her sister for the last season or 2, I was done with her! The world truly has to revolve around Kyle for her to be content! Kim's making strides, but there's Lisa undermining her sobriety for some reason! Why do it on Nat'l TV and corrupt Eden's opinion before they even met? Rinna trying to rehabilitate herself of late because of the kids is laughable; well knowing what she was doing at the time! Crocodile tears and small violins for Rinna when it blows up again! ;-)

Part of me understands Kyle wanting Kim to fight her own battles, she really isn't responsible for what comes out of Kim's mouth and the backlash that follows it, but I also suspect that she loves it when the others chose her over Kim. I just wish Lisa (and the others) would hold Kyle's feet to the fire like Kyle does her/them. Kyle loves to throw the first stone, hide her hands and then cry victim when she gets called out on it. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, lezlers said:

Being a bit of a spa whore myself, I've noticed that about pedicures.  The cheaper places have the nice comfy massage chairs while the higher end places generally have you sitting up high on a not so comfortable perch.  I actually prefer going to the cheapie places for that reason alone.

She was just being a snotty bitch.

Okay now I have to rewatch because I have to see this real, dirty hair. ?☕️

I didnt realize  there was so many dorit apologists. I am almost as shocked as I ws on the southern charm thread to see people liked Landon now that she’s gone. 

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, zoeysmom said:

Her exact quote indicates she struggles-she never said anything about trying to flatter her breasts-nor should she for the reasons you have indicated.  Paraphrasing does necessarily mean changing the emphasis of the statement.  Reality for Dorit is it time for a lift.  Many of these vane people resist it because of the scarring (who cares) and stick with the orange in a tube sock look and then wonder why they don't look good and photograph terribly.  Bethenny Frankel struggled for years with the look and then resolved the issue for a more favorable look.   Best example ever: https://www.google.com/search?q=stassi+schroeder+breast+surgery+photo&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0pIv2nbraAhUIFXwKHTtpCOkQ_AUoAXoECAAQAw&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=_ETDCFccWV8wDM:

Oh, for goodness sake...  My apologies for not giving her exact quote.

However, when she said "I try and find the right bras and clothes, sometimes it’s a struggle", what else is she implying other than "the right bras and clothes" to improve the look of the breasts that she is self conscious about?   I don't think she was implying that she tries to find the right bras and clothes to make her breasts look even more shitty.

Either way, I wasn't looking for an argument.  Feeling a bit like Teddi right now...

Edited by Miss Bones
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Dorit gave an explanation but it came across as an excuse, like, I was too busy to worry about being on time for a lunch I arranged. I think it very possible that Teddi gave a time she would be home to her babysitter and had to get back at that time. Funny, when I am expecting someone and they are very late, the first thing I ask when they call me is "Are you alright?", thinking they may have had an accident or had car problems on their way to see me, so I took Teddi's comment, "are you alive" the same way.

I have no doubt that Dorit is aware of production games, especially the different film times, she isn't stupid...

Dorit always has an excuse for her bad behavior because she doesn't care about anyone else's feelings.    It was inconsiderate of her to be running so late but her BS about what happened made it worse.   

• Love 12
On 4/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, WireWrap said:

I think if we removed Kyle's rendition from this, there would not be a problem between Dorit/Teddi. I think she made Teddi feel that Dorit blamed her and visa versa. And, I think Teddi was telling Dorit that if she was upset at something she did/said, to come to her first, not the others. Teddi didn't want Dorit to negatively influence the others about her, while Dorit didn't want Teddi to come between her and her friends and then we have Kyle who really doesn't want anyone to be friends with each other, only with her. 

I have no doubt that Dorit is aware of production games, especially the different film times, she isn't stupid. I also think production is finally showing us more of the real Erika, her temper/anger outbursts and her tardiness because of her glam squad. I don't think Erika really had any meeting in Berlin, that was productions way of explaining the trip. 

It is funny-neither person ever mentioned they had done the inviting.  I think that is why Dorit said the drinks were between 4:30 and 5:30-not the start time was between 4:30 and 5:30.  Which is why production sucked at setting this in motion.  I don't buy Teddi had a babysitter deadline.  I thought the babysitter thing was lame.  Certainly these women have to know the windows of filming may vary greatly.  If nothing else her husband would be home at some point.  I do think Teddi can be flip and then gets so upset when others act the same way.

I totally blame Kyle and after admitting she told Teddi that Dorit said Teddi called after six minutes-not that she was six minutes late, when she went to meet Teddi and Edwin for dinner and was late did the six minute dig.  I understood what Teddi said to Dorit but Teddi doesn't have the right to quash Dorit.  It was kind of stupid considering moments after making the demand, Dorit said something she didn't like about the glasses, and Teddi went to LVP.  What happened to taking it to Dorit?  Teddi was then upset for LVP relaying the info to Dorit.  I agree about Kyle wanting to be THE friend.  

I could have sworn they said Erika had a performance in Berlin and then the performance we see is actually Luann The Countess' Halloween party.   

If production thought being late was a great season line story line they were wrong.  The other RH have complained about having to wait on Erika since the get go.  We should not have to suffer-get control of the cast-dock their pay.  They have done the late story line on Atlanta, NYC and it is tired.  I would love to see when the hired vehicles arrive at the RH homes and when they leave to see if the women are truly late.  Dorit mentioned the night of the "Lights Out"  she was there an hour and half before anyone else arrived.  Production provided the car.  Seems odd to me they could be that far off without a plan in mind.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

It is funny-neither person ever mentioned they had done the inviting.  I think that is why Dorit said the drinks were between 4:30 and 5:30-not the start time was between 4:30 and 5:30.  Which is why production sucked at setting this in motion.  I don't buy Teddi had a babysitter deadline.  I thought the babysitter thing was lame.  Certainly these women have to know the windows of filming may vary greatly.  If nothing else her husband would be home at some point.  I do think Teddi can be flip and then gets so upset when others act the same way.

I agree with you that Teddi can be flip but think that's a trait they all share.  Dorit was the one who  claimed there was a 4:30-5:30 timeframe.   Teddi said 4:00.    I think they all lie but if I had to choose between the two of them on who was telling the truth this time, my money is on Teddi.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I totally blame Kyle and after admitting she told Teddi that Dorit said Teddi called after six minutes-not that she was six minutes late, when she went to meet Teddi and Edwin for dinner and was late did the six minute dig.  I understood what Teddi said to Dorit but Teddi doesn't have the right to quash Dorit.  It was kind of stupid considering moments after making the demand, Dorit said something she didn't like about the glasses, and Teddi went to LVP.  What happened to taking it to Dorit?  Teddi was then upset for LVP relaying the info to Dorit.  I agree about Kyle wanting to be THE friend.  

I could have sworn they said Erika had a performance in Berlin and then the performance we see is actually Luann The Countess' Halloween party.   

If production thought being late was a great season line story line they were wrong.  The other RH have complained about having to wait on Erika since the get go.  We should not have to suffer-get control of the cast-dock their pay.  They have done the late story line on Atlanta, NYC and it is tired.  I would love to see when the hired vehicles arrive at the RH homes and when they leave to see if the women are truly late.  Dorit mentioned the night of the "Lights Out"  she was there an hour and half before anyone else arrived.  Production provided the car.  Seems odd to me they could be that far off without a plan in mind.   

I thought Dorit did the inviting but at this point, I'm not sure. Each of them said a different time for drinks but even if we go with Dorit's timeline, she was late and would have been almost an hour late if her driver was correct. There is no reason/excuse for that level of rudeness other than car trouble/kid issues/accident or arrogance and I think it was arrogance. 

Supposedly, Erika had a "business meeting" in Berlin but then it was cancelled after she "invited" everyone.

If you look at storylines across the entire HW franchise, you will see that they repeat storylines in different cities often.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, zoeysmom said:

I agree Dorit's children are spared directly.  Dorit obviously believes the comments are deleterious to her children.  In spite of PK pronouncement he has never done cocaine in his Rinna's unfounded allegation takes on a life of its own.

I think the producers really wanted to make a huge deal out of the "stupid c" comment.  I would go so far as to say, the day Teddi and Dorit were suppose to meet for drinks, the purpose was for Teddi to address the "stupid c" comments and condition Dorit's invitation on an apology to Camille.  I am guessing Teddi bailed partially because she was feeling uncomfortable, given that Dorit was en route when she bailed.  The tardy thing is obviously not a big deal.  When she did finally confront Dorit it was in passing at her spa day and she couldn't even mention Camille by name.  By then I think both LVP and Kyle had convinced Teddi that Dorit was just drunk and the comments weren't malicious.  Camille seemed to want to get some mileage out of the "strap on" comments.  Right before Dorit made the "strap on" comments Camille had declared she didn't have "a dick or testicles".  It wasn't the non-sequitur Camille made it out to be.   

Let's hope the woman's son was an adult otherwise her offering him up to Andy would be all kinds of wrong.  

For all of the adoration of Teddi, when she and Edwin are in a group setting they are non-verbal and pretty much a non-entity.  They don't seem to get reality shows involve speaking.  I am hoping next season they bring on someone who realizes the importance of speaking.  Not as much as Dorit but just something.

I don't remember it going down like this. Dorit is the one who invited Teddy out. Teddy found a babysitter.

Teddy said she didn't hear the Dorit comments at Kyle's. Kyle heard it, Mauricio heard it, LVP heard it and PK heard it, but Teddy said she didn't. It was LVP who met Dorit for lunch who told Dorit she needed to apologize to Camille.

Teddy said this when she met Kyle & Camille for lunch and Camille started telling them what happened. She said she couldn't hear anything.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2

While I hate the Erika/Teddi storyline because Erika is being a bitch, and I think she lied about remembering just to stay out of the argument, I do appreciate her hosting abilities in Berlin. I think she did a good job. Other than being late, she really set up some fun and cultural things for them to do. I loved that she did the Holocaust site and was serious about it. She did her research and knew the history. She also showed her appreciation for learning about Berlin before she went. And she acknowledged in her TH that traveling and learning about other cultures was cool and eye opening and broadened the mind. It reminded me of Yolanda taking them to Holland. I get that she was late, but she did apologize and for the boat said it was totally her fault and that they shouldn't think a moment about leaving without her. Rude to not let them know, but I do wonder if that is also her doing her part for the "drama".  I loved her schtick when the cyclist almost ran her over. She stayed in character - which is what the get up was all about. Her attempt at starting a fight with Teddi backfired and that drama is put to bed for good I hope. It really was one of the better trips that the women went on. I really got a feel for Berlin. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, jinjer said:

While I hate the Erika/Teddi storyline because Erika is being a bitch, and I think she lied about remembering just to stay out of the argument, I do appreciate her hosting abilities in Berlin. I think she did a good job. Other than being late, she really set up some fun and cultural things for them to do. I loved that she did the Holocaust site and was serious about it. She did her research and knew the history. She also showed her appreciation for learning about Berlin before she went. And she acknowledged in her TH that traveling and learning about other cultures was cool and eye opening and broadened the mind. It reminded me of Yolanda taking them to Holland. I get that she was late, but she did apologize and for the boat said it was totally her fault and that they shouldn't think a moment about leaving without her. Rude to not let them know, but I do wonder if that is also her doing her part for the "drama".  I loved her schtick when the cyclist almost ran her over. She stayed in character - which is what the get up was all about. Her attempt at starting a fight with Teddi backfired and that drama is put to bed for good I hope. It really was one of the better trips that the women went on. I really got a feel for Berlin. 

I have to agree.  I really like that this trip was more than just going to a shopping mall.  I like it when they go a bit more into a local culture and give the viewer a real sense of the culture because let’s face it, most viewers are never going to go to most of the places the housewives go. 

• Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 10:27 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Little babies

One of Dorit's story lines last year was that by Lisa Rinna asking if people were doing coke in the bathroom - put her children in danger. Do you remember her saying that to Rinna in Vegas on the ferris wheel? You put my children in danger, you're dangerous. She said the same thing at last years reunion - that Lisa put her children in jeopardy. implying that CPS might take them away.

Dorit put the danger of a CPS investigation out there by constantly boasting that Boy George lives with her. Having a convicted drug felon living in your home would more likely prompt regular visits from CPS than Lisa Rinna asking that question in Hong Kong.

I notice Dorit does twist things a lot -- in re-telling something, she adds dialogue that never happened and exaggerates reactions to the point that it doesn't bear a great resemblance to reality.  Same with this accusation of putting her children in jeopardy for fear of CPS coming to check out the situation.  As if a comment from a random person would cause CPS to take notice, but the unrelated convicted drug felon residing (co-owner?) in the home isn't a problem.  I also vaguely recall he did hard time for assault/kidnapping of a male prostitute?  I'm sure Dorit would say he's very fond of the children and they him.

• Love 6

Does anyone really think that Erika actually planned this trip?  It was a production trip.  Production makes all the arrangements and gets the ok's for filming. 

The housewives have the itinerary before they go (wardrobe you know) and Erika did some research.  Good for her but no way did Erika set up the events.  It's just not that simple.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Does anyone really think that Erika actually planned this trip?  It was a production trip.  Production makes all the arrangements and gets the ok's for filming. 

The housewives have the itinerary before they go (wardrobe you know) and Erika did some research.  Good for her but no way did Erika set up the events.  It's just not that simple.

I don't think most of us think she actually sat down and said, "On Monday, let's go to the zoo."  But she did take the time to actually learn a bit about some of where they were going which is nice.  

• Love 1
On 4/12/2018 at 4:08 AM, LIMOM said:

Yep, but I appreciated her candor. And I also think that she might be ready to leave the show.

can Tom ever bother showing up for any of the rhobh events?

he was the only one missing on WWHL. Yes, he is this super duper busy great legal mind but it also shows me how he feels about Erika.

I don’t get why she is moving to Encino. Isn’t it a downgrade neighborhood wise?

Maybe they think it’s a better investment? Encino might be up and coming (I’ve heard the Valley is going through what the Hoboken area in NJ did a few years ago where it’s being rediscovered as a convenient alternative to the City) so the thought process might be their current house is unlikely to change in value significantly, but Encino might go through the roof in a few years? I’m not sure and I’m surprised at the move as well.

On anther note, my god this was a boring episode. They went to the zoo. That was the big highlight, a zoo trip.