Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Better Latex Than Never

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I can't imagine  where that Latex get-up would be even remotely comfortable. 

Yep.  Every time Erika appears for any function, my first reaction is to harken back to a great Annette Benning line from the remake of "The Women":

"There's a fine line between an 'outfit' and a 'get up'."

• Love 24
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

Since Dorit's fashion show will be full of too much dramatic sighing and breast heaving and ridiculous, vaguely fake-foreign, over-pronounced descriptions of her stress level,  I will record the final episode so I can just FF'd through it.  Plus, unless A LOT of changes were made since the initial look, I think most of her swim suits were ugly AF.  PK had better not plan to heavily on retirement based on the success of "Beverly Beach".  The only plane I see in your future is the Fisher Price model on the 'everything must go!' table at Toys R Us.

Dorit is clearly no CEO if she has to have everything perfect and is so stressed out over her runway show. She is ridiculous. I cannot watch the mess that is Dorit.  

• Love 12

Did anyone else think the benches Dorit and Rinna were sitting on for their pedis did not look really comfortable?  I like the massage chairs at my local (and probably more reasonably priced) nail place.

14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In the next episode Erika looks like Dee Snider/Twisted Sister. 

Bwahahah!

If Dorit did not want the bathing suit (we saw on her model) to look like she needs to pluck it out from between her buttocks than maybe she should have not made a thong suit.  Just a thought. 

I loved when PK asked Dorit if he could retire now, like we have ever seen him actually work.  Booking Boy George to your friends in your living room is not working.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, missyb said:

I reluctantly have to admit, Dorit looks beautiful sans makeup, hair up, ready for her massage. 

While I agree both Lisa and Dorit looked good at the spa...they were not makeup free. Both of them had foundation and under eye concealer.

That was finally Dorit's real hair we could see - no volume, flat and dirty streaked blond.

Didn't Dorit say at Teddy's spa event - I won't let just anyone touch me. I'm very specific and have my own people?

• Love 13
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I loved that Erika gave that answer on WWH as to why she brought up "pretend amnesia" while at their dinner.  She admitted that they're paid to entertain us, and sometimes they've gotta do what they've gotta do.  

Andy Cohen hates those answers. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh boy the alley!

This place has everything: latex, Play-Tex, unlit candles, Klaus-ette Nomi, and a waiter who looks like two out of three stooges.

Sounds like it was reviewed and recommended by Steffan

giphy.gif

• Love 10

Ericka needs to consider the law of diminishing returns with her outfits.  Last night's homage to non-vulcanized rubber just got a "huh,that looks like an invitation to dehydration" from me.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Yep.  Every time Erika appears for any function, my first reaction is to harken back to a great Annette Benning line from the remake of "The Women":

"There's a fine line between an 'outfit' and a 'get up'."

Erika crossed that line a while back - now she’s stuck in Erika Jayne get-up mode and can’t seem to find her way back to boring Erika Girardi outfits.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Yeah, that was just wrong, IMO.  Erika said that she and Teddi would discuss that at another time, so she waits to bring it up in front of the group while in Berlin?  Talk about a blindside.  

But in the end, the whole thing blew up in Erika's face and actually worked in Teddi's favor.  Her aggressive behavior made her look like a bully.   Even Teddi's nemesis Dorit came to her defense.  And Erika finally admitted on camera her bad behavior, that she was wrong - which was out of character for her to cop too.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Erika crossed that line a while back - now she’s stuck in Erika Jayne get-up mode and can’t seem to find her way back to boring Erika Girardi outfits.

Her life is a never-ending costume party.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone else think the benches Dorit and Rinna were sitting on for their pedis did not look really comfortable?  I like the massage chairs at my local (and probably more reasonably priced) nail place.

Bwahahah!

If Dorit did not want the bathing suit (we saw on her model) to look like she needs to pluck it out from between her buttocks than maybe she should have not made a thong suit.  Just a thought. 

I loved when PK asked Dorit if he could retire now, like we have ever seen him actually work.  Booking Boy George to your friends in your living room is not working.

They looked like diner booths with the table removed.

• Love 4

I just wish Teddi would have blasted her and told her to go . . . (Fill in your fav stick it phrase).  Come on Teddi, you can do it!  

Agreed!  Oh how I wish one of them would have yelled at her...."I can't even take you seriously right now with the way you look!  You're absolutely ridiculous!"  Tear that fool down.  Erika grates to no end.  She lives with a geriatric who finances her make believe pop career.  Yeah, really someone to be afraid of.  Where is the REAL person??? 

I have absolutely zero interest in Dorit's lame swim line.  I fast forward through those parts.  Absolutely nothing cutting edge there or that can't be easily replicated at your closest Target swim department. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

YES. Yes, she did. Good catch. 

Not to defend Dorit because I can't stand her, but I think that was in reference to facials.  I don't have money for that kind of stuff but I'd think if I did, i might be picky about who I let touch my face and what products they use.  Massages and mani/pedi's I'd understand her being less particular about. 

• Love 8

I haven't gone back to look, but didn't Erika look directly into the camera after she almost walked into the bicyclist ?

I'm always surprised at what Erika wears on planes.  I know it all costs a lot, but wearing track suits?  You can dress comfortably without wearing sweats.

Dorit worried about the curtain being dirty after dropping?  Really?  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Panda time

22352503_177832496108027_705998236831606

Didn't need to see this.  The way she is sitting, unfortunately, reminds me of the "oops that's not the McDonalds arches" T shirt that kid recently wore to school.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

You did call her a liar...and even though you apologized you then said to LVP in the car - that Erika lied

But see this is the problem - the footage DOES bear out that she lied. She said exactly what Teddy disclosed she said.

So if Rinna's not going to get a pass for the "amnesia," Erika doesn't either. 

If Erika thinks it's cool to get that nasty on someone at the drop of a hat, well, she can continue down that path of: "I don't care how I talked to you, you did xyz to me." Because guess what? You don't care how you talk to someone? That someone doesn't care to talk to you. Period. Why is it that Teddi should be remorseful for what she said, but Erika doesn't have to be sorry for her cutting aggression? Double standard. 

Teddi had already apologized. Erika had apologized for losing her temper, so I'm a bit confused that she decided to take it back and go all Ice Queen again. Seemed driven for the cameras and trip drama, since Berlin, while beautiful, was no Amsterdam or Hong Kong. This season was a snooze.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Box305 said:

She's wearing track pants. Who cares if her legs are spread? I'd probably be sitting the same way. Would that make me a skank? 

probaby one of the only comfortable things she has ever worn.  I wish she would just be a normal woman once in awhile, and not have to have a LOOK for every seen.  It wouls be much more interesting to see Erika Jayne AND Erika Girardi, like we did when she began.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

I would not waste one minute waiting for Erika Pretend Amnesia Fake Girardi Jayne.

I admit that I really wanted the boat people to say that they couldn't wait anymore because they had to keep to the schedule. I would have been totally okay with Erika finally arriving only to see that the boat was long gone. 

Sort of like how Kim expected the women to wait for her back in season 2 when they were in Hawaii and she arrived just in time to see the group taking off. 

Sometimes a person needs a wake up call like that to be reminded that it isn't cute to keep people waiting.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't remember anything about this episode after the girls returned from Berlin and we see a conversation with PK and Dorit on the couch. I don't know how much more happened after that but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep.

The boat trips from hell were because a select group of the women chose a boat ride to get aggressive and confrontational about something. And if I'm not mistaken, Rinna (and Eileen) were heavily involved in both incidents so it's kind of laughable that she's insinuating that the ride was drama free because there was no LVP.

I didn't expect Erika to let the pretend amnesia go with the way with the way the conversation started off but hopefully we don't have to hear about that again. I also hope that Kyle and Dorit have to put their grievances to rest (once and for all).

Based on the comments, it seems that Erika admitted to what I already know - these women know what their paid to do and so they broach conversations in the most controversial settings because that's what makes drama. Did you need to go all the way to Berlin to talk about pretend amnesia when you could have settled it one on one before you even left? Of course not, but it was meant to be a TV moment. All of these women all do the same thing but only a few get the reputation for it.

I don't like traveling with people who are always late. It's one thing to make me wait a bit at a local restaurant. I don't want to waste precious time in another country sitting around and waiting for people. I appreciate that Erika took accountability and took no offense to the women leaving her, but I also don't understand why in all occasions of tardiness she didn't even bother to pick up the phone when they were calling her. I get that she was sick but come on, her phone must have been nearby I'm sure.

Ditto

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Boy George and Culture Club are scheduled to perform at our State Fair this summer!  I and all my forty-something friends are pretty excited.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Snappy said:

Rinna - She does have a smokin' bod, but does she need to flash every season? 

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

, Lisa Rinna stripping down to her underwear? 

Yes, what's up with this? I've always gotten a look-at-me look-at-me! vibe from LR but this ongoing need to drop her duds makes me think she's stumping for some kind of fitness or workout or diet plan endorsement and figures might as well show 'em what they'll get if they hire me.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The thought of latex on my body makes my skin crawl!  I feel that way about polyester too. 

Me too... I'd be super claustrophobic.  

14 hours ago, Rahul said:

I literally rewound and rewatched the scene where the bicyclist almost ran over Erika in her latex outfit six times. I don't wish Erika physical harm, but I kind of wish he had knocked into her solely for my amusement. I would have been rolling on the floor if she had been knocked on her ass in that getup and had to struggle and crawl to get back up. 

I rewound and rewatched this scene too... many times. I just loved Erika's, straight at the camera, glare.  She was completely robotic in movement and facial expression, but you definitely knew what she was thinking. If looks could kill... 

I did appreciate how Teddi handled the confrontation with Erika, whether scripted or not.  I thought Teddi expressed herself very clearly, sharing her feelings and explaining why she was quick to get teary.  Job or no job, I'd be hesitant to go on an trip with someone who had verbally smacked at me more than one time. It just wouldn't be worth my energy or time to be on edge wondering if it would happen again. 

I'm like Kyle in my emotions are connected to places I've lived and even cars I've owned.  It's hard not to think about all the good times and the memories made and feel sort of bittersweet about moving on to the new. 

Teddi's family was precious at their meal at the outside cafe.  They seemed a completely normal, well adjusted family who loved spending time together and not just for camera time.  The fact that she wouldn't talk about the trip in front of the kids too, to reinforce the lesson of not speaking negatively about friends and her kids already have manners.  I was impressed!

And... PUPPIES!  and PANDAS!  Swoon! 

• Love 17
(edited)

The night of the dinner at Rivington – Dorit goes into her tale of events at Paleyhouse. First she makes it sound as if LVP behaved childishly. Like LVP just stood up out of nowhere and said “I’m leaving”. She then went into saying LVP said xyz to her in private – implying that she’s revealing secrets or revealing things said in confidence.

Erika/Rinna/Teddy/Camille all had TH shots where they said LVP wasn’t going to be happy about what Dorit said. Nobody at the table told Dorit to shut up. Nobody at the table stood up for LVP.

If this had bothered Teddy so much she should have stopped Dorit mid sentence at The Rivington to say something along the lines of I like LVP and I like Kyle and I don’t think they would appreciate you talking about this. Neither of them are here to defend themselves and this is going to come across as you talking behind their backs. The person who would be most upset would be LVP as she was spoken about in a negative manner.

Teddy obviously spoke to Camille, because they got together and suckered Kyle into telling LVP what happened at a dinner Kyle wasn’t present. I didn’t see Teddy’s play as sticking up for Kyle or LVP, I didn’t see her move as an accountability coach but more so I’m covering my own ass so that LVP doesn’t get mad at me and I’m going to get back at Dorit.

At the drinks after the Bella Party, the subject came up again. Kyle tried to reel in Erika with the Beach House incident and she wouldn’t bite. Rinna and Erika were busy getting drunk and reapplying their lip gloss. They wanted no part in this, even though Rinna wanted to know wassh goin on?

When Dorit left to go outside after drinks at Andaz, Teddy confronts Erika and said wouldn’t you be upset? Erika said something like re-direct to LVP. Teddy also said I would be upset because I‘m a sensitive person – which implies that Erika is not. Erika said nothing in front of LVP.

Going up the stairs, Teddy again said wouldn’t you be upset? To which Erika said Yes…but I would be pissed. I don’t see that as wholeheartedly agreeing with everything Teddy said. When the subject was brought up again and Teddy said pretend amnesia – she was calling Erika a liar. Erika clapped back at Teddy and it shut her up. The 2 people who wanted no part of the Dorit/Kyle/LVP fight other than as spectators were Erika and Rinna.

Teddi rehashed it again to LVP in the car, saying that Erika changed her story. I also laughed that Teddy saying if she did nothing wrong she shouldn’t be so upset – all said while crying.

Teddy tried to bring Erika into the fight by implying that Erika was behind her every step of the way saying yeah, yeah I totally agree with you. Teddy tried to wrangle Rinna into the fight by telling Rinna about what Dorit said at a dinner 3 months earlier.

I still don’t believe Teddy – that she felt so horrible and guilty about what was said about Rinna. She had plenty of opportunities to make a phone call or a meet for drinks conversation. Teddy’s motive was to lobby for more HW’s to be on her side of the fight with Dorit.

Bringing up the subject again in Berlin by Erika – I could see being producer driven. I could also see spies telling Erika – Teddy has a tendency of bringing up fights over and over again in her TH shots or talking to other HW’s about it – and Erika wanted to slap Teddy’s trap shut again.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

Number one, I am in awe of your memory, KFB! 

As far as the producer-driven stuff goes, I also get that feeling. For me, it's something about the extreme confidence level Teddi, the newb, has in her Ths when she's going for someone (mostly Dorit, sometimes Erika). I can't quite put my finger on it, but my spidey senses are activated.

Saying someone has "pretend amnesia" is equivalent to calling them a liar. There's no other reasonable interpretation for that expression. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sounds like it was reviewed and recommended by Steffan

giphy.gif

I believe that's exactly what it is.  We had a Stephon review last week too.  :) 

back on topic:  Help with understand this latex bullshit.  It is a top or it is painted on her?  WTF is the big deal, it looked light a really tight shirt, with loose bell sleeves.

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 3

I hate to break the 4th wall . . . but some much of what I see makes me naturally do so.

Like does anyone really believe that swimsuit line is actually designed by Horrid Dorit?  I mean it isn't, right?  Right from the start she was meeting with "designers" about looks that were already prototyped.  It seems much more likely that she is selling her name for branding purposes to a group who is in the business of designing collections.  The fact that so much of "Dorit's company" was altered (including the actual name) in her absence really speaks to her lack of control of the business.  I don't believe PK stepped in and made these changes.  I believe the company took advantage of the absence of her drama and cameras to make the changes they had in mind for the collection.  To play this situation off as Dorit designing a new collection is just so fake.

And now the stupid fashion show.  Clearly Horrid Dorit's input wasn't required.  She wasn't even in the country.  When they met and she did all her dramatics on camera (in her mind, that stuff makes for good t.v. . . . I think most of American - certainly me - just rolls their eyes.), it was clear the "staff" was just walking her through what THEY already planned.  When she wailed about the necessity of palm tress, the "staff" dude just gave her the brush off, "we're still looking into that".  It was clear to me the palm trees were a suggestion by Dorit (certainly not a directive) and he was giving her the "yay that's not gonna happen" response as nicely as possible.    When she wailed about the length of the runway and how she hadn't been told it was shortened (if it actually was shortened . . . that just may be Horrid Dorit assuming the runway was going to b standard length).  The "staff" dude just said, "I'm telling you now".  It was so obvious this whole meeting was just a walk through on camera to inform Dorit about what decisions were made by the company who designed the collection and paid Dorit to have her loosely associated with it.

And . . . ..

As far as spending time at a spa while in Germany.  This was a work trip.  There is no way around that.  And what these women do for a living (dramatic fighting and drinking on camera) honestly looks exhausting to me.  I don't begrudge the ladies who decided to go to the spa.  I mean it was on Bravo's dime.  That's good work if you can get it.  I imagine a lot of these women when they are these Bravo travel trips take a look around and think, "This place seems nice.  I could see taking a vacation here someday.  It looks like there are a lot of interesting things that would be fun to see."

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Number one, I am in awe of your memory, KFB! 

As far as the producer-driven stuff goes, I also get that feeling. For me, it's something about the extreme confidence level Teddi, the newb, has in her Ths when she's going for someone (mostly Dorit, sometimes Erika). I can't quite put my finger on it, but my spidey senses are activated.

Saying someone has "pretend amnesia" is equivalent to calling them a liar. There's no other reasonable interpretation for that expression. 

Supposedly Teddy also said Erika was a flip flopper at the drinks hosted by Rinna gathering. It just seemed like Berlin pretend amnesia re-boot came out of nowhere...there was no lead in...the episode was very choppy, I'm wondering if they cut some stuff out. I still have to rewatch the episode. I swear I don't even remember them disembarking from the boat to get into the van to go to dinner.

Kyle's hands aren't clean either. She did talk about LVP in a negative manner after she left Paleyhouse. I certainly didn't see any concern over LVP when Dorit and Kyle were driving out to the Beach House. The only thing either mentioned was they hadn't talked to LVP. Neither said I've been texting and calling her and she won't answer. Neither said you want to drive out to Teddy's with us?

I think this is where everything got convoluted. Dorit wants to make it a point to LVP that she and Kyle talked about her negatively - at the Paleyhouse as opposed to The Rivington. Kyle doesn't want to cop to talking about LVP at the Paleyhouse, but she wants to make it a point she didn't talk about LVP at the Rivington - she was at Hamilton in case you forgot.. Teddi implies that Erika wholeheartedly agreed with everything Teddi said. Erika truly doesn't remember that - because she didn't say anything at Rivington, she also didn't say anything at Andaz, she was too busy applying lip gloss. Saying yes...I'd be pissed walking up a fight of stairs after drinks isn't "wholeheartedly" agreeing with Teddi.

Teddi and Erika didn't click from the jump. Wasn't the first time Erika met Teddi - Vegas? I remember very distinctly Teddi saying she hated shopping, not into clothes and makeup and she didn't really like gambling - which is making clear to Erika - everything you like I abhor. What are they going to bond over?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Andy Cohen hates those answers. 

HIS FACE when she said that (that basically she is paid to bring the drama and it was producer driven)! Priceless. His face was all: "C'mon Erika you can't say that" and her non verbal face back was all "But I just did. ANDY." 

2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Yeah, i'm not going to hate on her for that. I don't care for her but sweatsuits/yoga pants are about all i'm willing to wear on flights and you have to consider these ladies are probably flying at least 12 hours to/from Germany.  

I am confident she wore it because it was a $12,593 Versace track suit, not because it was comfortable (though it might have been) hand selected for her by clothing buyers she has on standby and the glam squad she pays. No broke ass JUICY or PINK across that ass separates OTR sportswear for these bitches.

• Love 22

see I don't believe anything about Horrid Dorit is real . . . not her current bathing suit line, not her accent not her boobs.  

But she is still determined to sell herself as authentic.

Last night when Andy quizzed the cast at WWHL about what plastic surgeries the women had, had.  Horrid Dorit didn't admit to anything.  Yeah . . . right . . . here's her h.s. picture.

Dorit.jpg

Edited by ezzy4
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Supposedly Teddy also said Erika was a flip flopper at the drinks hosted by Rinna gathering. It just seemed like Berlin pretend amnesia re-boot came out of nowhere...there was no lead in...the episode was very choppy, I'm wondering if they cut some stuff out. I still have to rewatch the episode. I swear I don't even remember them disembarking from the boat to get into the van to go to dinner.

Kyle's hands aren't clean either. She did talk about LVP in a negative manner after she left Paleyhouse. I certainly didn't see any concern over LVP when Dorit and Kyle were driving out to the Beach House. The only thing either mentioned was they hadn't talked to LVP. Neither said I've been texting and calling her and she won't answer. Neither said you want to drive out to Teddy's with us?

I think this is where everything got convoluted. Dorit wants to make it a point to LVP that she and Kyle talked about her negatively - at the Paleyhouse as opposed to The Rivington. Kyle doesn't want to cop to talking about LVP at the Paleyhouse, but she wants to make it a point she didn't talk about LVP at the Rivington - she was at Hamilton in case you forgot.. Teddi implies that Erika wholeheartedly agreed with everything Teddi said. Erika truly doesn't remember that - because she didn't say anything at Rivington, she also didn't say anything at Andaz, she was too busy applying lip gloss. Saying yes...I'd be pissed walking up a fight of stairs after drinks isn't "wholeheartedly" agreeing with Teddi.

Teddi and Erika didn't click from the jump. Wasn't the first time Erika met Teddi - Vegas? I remember very distinctly Teddi saying she hated shopping, not into clothes and makeup and she didn't really like gambling - which is making clear to Erika - everything you like I abhor. What are they going to bond over?

I remember that, too, and great insight, Bunny. There's something about Teddi's delivery -- maybe she doesn't intend it that way, but it can come off judgy. Like she doesn't care about clothes (or glasses!) and she's somehow better because of it. She might be more relateable to a lot of people for that, but for someone who is very into clothes, whose career is dependent on those things, and to whom image is very important, that could have come across as at least dismissive, if not an outright put down.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think Teddi has some double standards.

That is exactly what I thought when she was saying how she teaches her kids not to say negative things about their friends.....

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

I remember that, too, and great insight, Bunny. There's something about Teddi's delivery -- maybe she doesn't intend it that way, but it can come off judgy. Like she doesn't care about clothes (or glasses!) and she's somehow better because of it. She might be more relateable to a lot of people for that, but for someone who is very into clothes, whose career is dependent on those things, and to whom image is very important, that could have come across as at least dismissive, if not an outright put down.

I know what you mean . . . but I don't get Teddi's delivery sounding "judgy" . . . it sounds more self-conscious to me.  Like she's trying to put out the message, "It's not that I'm a slob.  It's just that I don't value fancy clothes.  So I'm not trying really hard and failing at something.  I just don't care about that something"  Almost a proactive defense (which I fully realize it really just an offense in real life, even if it feels like defensive in Teddi's head).

• Love 7

The late thing was odd.  Teddi and Kyle decide to wait for Erika in front of the zoo instead of in the hotel.  Then they decide to leave for the private boat that isn't going to leave without them and wait for Erika there.  Why bother leaving without Erika?  They were still waiting for her.

It was 12:43 when Kyle and Teddi arrived at the zoo and they never said they were coming for the hotel, I imagine they were sightseeing or grabbing a bite on their last day in Berlin, I would add shopping but since Teddi was there that's unlikely, rather than sitting around the hotel waiting for Erika to get her shit together. As for the cruise it was clearly a sunset cocktail cruise down the river and not very long because they still had to get to dinner and they had no idea how long she was going to be since she wouldn't text or answer her phone. I imagine the women and production didn't want to miss out on the sunset waiting who knows how long for Erika's inconsiderate ass. And i don't give her credit for owning it simce it happened several times on the trip. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

But see this is the problem - the footage DOES bear out that she lied. She said exactly what Teddy disclosed she said.

So if Rinna's not going to get a pass for the "amnesia," Erika doesn't either. 

The things they claimed they didn't remember saying are as different as night and day, though. 

Erika said something in passing, just trying to mollify the situation - "Yea, yea, I'd be pissed too." I can TOTALLY see not remember I said that. 

Rinna was claiming not to remember a bold accusation that she was actively telling other people. WHOLE other story, and not something you'd forget, IMO.

• Love 11