Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Better Latex Than Never

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

PANDAS!

It's a good thing LVP went home early.  I could see a panda by the pond scenerio. 

Hangs head.....tiny voice......I agree with Rinner about a massage a day on vacation.  The last cruise I went on, I planned out (there are deals to make them substantially less ), budgeted and saved customer tips so I could have a spa treatment every single day.  Hot stone and the lime ginger scrub is what heaven must be like.

But unlike Rinner, I can multi task.  So spa and?

PANDAS!

Look at that face next to Teddi.  I just can't stand the cuteness.

Aww Dosodog, I'm a cruiser too! Never had a spa treatment on one though -- you fancy! ;)

1 hour ago, missyb said:

Lisa RInna is holding a mighty big grudge over LVP. She probably really was set up to bring up Munchausen and is rightly resentful about it. Oh well, she is moving on nicely. Getting her jabs in during her talking heads.

It's called British humour, MissyB!

• Love 7

Did Erika borrow Ramona’s Halloween costume for her Berlin look? Was just watching RHONY and saw Ramona wearing a red latex outfit or maybe she bought it secondhand from Erika. Ramona is good at stealing from someone else’s closet. 

• Love 22

I was surprised I enjoyed this episode for the most part. The Germany trip in general was just the highlight of the season. 

I'm not sure why Erika is late twice but doesn't bother to call? Or text? I guess at least she apologized and knew she was in the wrong unlike Dorit. I'm glad that they finally got to put on some looks that could be seen by other people because (esp Erika) taking all this time to get glammed up just to be in a hotel room didn't make any sense.

I still like Erika but I miss the "Zero fucks" Erika we were introduced to when she first came on. This Erika gives every fuck and isn't afraid to let you know. Erika keeps giving it to Teddi but Teddi just takes it which is so frustrating. We could've had some good fights between them two but Teddi just goes into shock and doesnt know what to do except try to be the bigger person which doesnt work in this show if you aren't that interesting in general!

12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did Erika borrow Ramona’s Halloween costume for her Berlin look? Was just watching RHONY and saw Ramona wearing a red latex outfit or maybe she bought it secondhand from Erika. Ramona is good at stealing from someone else’s closet. 

Ramona stole her outfit from Lip Sync Battle. Legit.

• Love 14
Just now, Straycat80 said:

All of the HW's are on Andy's show right now. It's almost like a reunion show. Erika basically admitted that she brought up the amnesia conversation again with Teddi because they were on TV. So...scripted? Yeah. 

Scripted is when they are fed lines. She brings it up because it's her job to create drama.

• Love 17

I loved that Erika gave that answer on WWH as to why she brought up "pretend amnesia" while at their dinner.  She admitted that they're paid to entertain us, and sometimes they've gotta do what they've gotta do.  

I imagine it can be frustrating to be portrayed as petty and witless on television and not be able to wink-wink-nudge-nudge the audience.  

• Love 13

I got a kick out of Kyle wearing over-the-knee boots with heels to the zoo.that does not look comfortable to me!

The pandas were cute, but I would so choose a spa day (alone) if I had to spend so much time with these women.  No talking! ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Dorit is hardly an innocent victim considering how horrible she is with her mean girl lying, backing stabbing, trash talking.   Same with her misogynist, obnoxious, HW wannabe baby daddy PK.

On the HK boat trip it wasn't Dorit attacking anyone, it was Eileen/Rinna/Erika doing the attacking. And, this was after Erika said, repeatedly, that she /Dorit were "fine" and after she had asked the others to stop bringing it up. LOL

42 minutes ago, Rahul said:

I literally rewound and rewatched the scene where the bicyclist almost ran over Erika in her latex outfit six times. I don't wish Erika physical harm, but I kind of wish he had knocked into her solely for my amusement. I would have been rolling on the floor if she had been knocked on her ass in that getup and had to struggle and crawl to get back up. 

I shook my head at her giving him the evil eye when she cut in front of him! Her walking out in front of him could have ended up with him/her/both of them getting hurt but she acted like he was supposed to stop for her! LOL

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Steph J said:

WTF just happened?  One minute they're all just sitting there and the next, cold as ice, Erika says "Pretend amnesia" as if that allegation had just been made.  Did I miss something?

It was her turn to start the shit :)

17 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I loved that Erika gave that answer on WWH as to why she brought up "pretend amnesia" while at their dinner.  She admitted that they're paid to entertain us, and sometimes they've gotta do what they've gotta do.  

I imagine it can be frustrating to be portrayed as petty and witless on television and not be able to wink-wink-nudge-nudge the audience.  

At least they can show their deeper sides when spending a fortune to dress like assholes (Erika, Dorit, Rinna - tonight I'm talking to you all :)

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Agreed. I thought Erika said they would talk about it, just the two of them, some other time. Then she brings it up at the weirdest time. Smells like producer intervention.

It felt like they were required to have that be the topic at dinner.

It also felt like the had an off camera discussion on how to spin it.

It seemed like they were protecting Erika as much as the could without refusing to go along with producers.  It was just off that they were trying to play it off that Teddi was overly sensitive to Erika's tendency to go straight to cold unfeeling, maybe psychotic, asshole.  Rinna speculated that Teddi had a button from childhood trauma that Erika was pushing.

Meanwhile both Dorit and Teddi were prefacing every point they had to make with Erika you are so beautiful and strong ( don't gut me with a butter knife remained unsaid).

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I hate when people are late.  It's so disrespectful of other people's 'time'.  I don't care 'who' you are.  My time is just as important as yours.  Plan accordingly if you have to be shoved into a latex garment.  It's not like you're a trauma surgeon with an emergency.

The late thing was odd.  Teddi and Kyle decide to wait for Erika in front of the zoo instead of in the hotel.  Then they decide to leave for the private boat that isn't going to leave without them and wait for Erika there.  Why bother leaving without Erika?  They were still waiting for her.

• Love 8

Erika can double as a robot or a mannequin.  She had the mannerisms an stiffness down pat.

1 hour ago, Box305 said:

She's wearing track pants. Who cares if her legs are spread? I'd probably be sitting the same way. Would that make me a skank? 

Unfortunately, yes.

• Love 6

I was actually enjoying Erica this episode.  I thought she was a good host.  Until she blindsided Teddi with the pretend amnesia shit.  WTH??  I just wish Teddi would have blasted her and told her to go . . . (Fill in your fav stick it phrase).  Come on Teddi, you can do it!  

• Love 16

Watching again. I never really wanted to go to Berlin before, but between this show and a documentary I recently watched about Hansa Tonstudio (where Depeche Mode, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and many MANY more recorded significant albums), I now kind of want to go. I think it’s a first for the HW shows as well, and I think that’s due in large part to the fact that we got to focus on scenery (and outfits) rather than just a bunch of arguing with a fancy backdrop.

• Love 9

When Kyle is talking about Erika being late and saying she is inconsiderate-how does that differ from what she was saying at the beach house about Erika?  Kyle apparently believes she can say whatever she wants about some one and not take responsibility for her words. When Teddi prattles on about not saying anything about your friends does it not register with Kyle?  Or does Kyle have some type of immunity?

It would seem there are a different set of rules about tardiness and waiting for the tardy person.  Kyle and Erika seem to have immunity from being left out when tardy.  I don't think being late is ever excusable but there is definitely a different set of rules depending on the offender.  

The obvious was certainly addressed on WWHL-of course these women raise contentious issues while filming it is a TV show.  Very disappointing season.  Very production driven.  I guess I am tired of so many of the conversations being based around how a person should have spoken or what they should or should not say.  Boring.

• Love 8

This Episode was so boring except for cute pandas. I’m so sick of talking about the same issues ad nauseum. Wasn’t OC terrible for that this season too?  All of ATL was a snooze except the shade in the last few episodes.

are all these women maturing and not acting so asshat stupid so we have to rehash the same issue all season or what? 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

PK likes to be in the shower alone because...(how do I say this politely?) to take care of his personal needs. 

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH, GOD GIVE ME HEALING IN MY HOUR OF NEED (and pass the Hazmat-grade Cuntkins!) PK's peepee makes me weepy (you've reduced me to baby-talk, MindThinkr.  And not the kind of baby-talk Erika does with Tom to pay for that latex suit  -- "Is you been a baddy waddy daddy? Yessy wessy? Then EAT SHIT AND DIE!" -- but baby talk as in loss of all language skills -- HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY :)

I think I like PK. I like that he’s so calm. 

Apparently, that calm is due to this:

"Masturbation can be a self-soothing behavior that calms down our minds."

https://greatist.com/happiness/masturbation-health-benefits

~don't look at me! MindThinkr started it!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Box305 said:

She's wearing track pants. Who cares if her legs are spread? I'd probably be sitting the same way. Would that make me a skank? 

No. Just relaxed and comfortable! 

Can we all just give a hallelujah that Ericka was wearing pants.  

I don't think I could take another season of pantygate coupled with Ericka marketing Cuntkins. 

• Love 9

I can't imagine  where that Latex get-up would be even remotely comfortable.  And I don't understand why these women, when they know they are running late, can't take 10 seconds to text the people that are waiting for them.    Why didn't she make Mikey text them - oh, never mind, it probably took the entire glam squad to pour her into that latex number.   So sick of Erica's costumes and her glam squad and her "performances".  We get it Erica - you're "edgy".  Give it a rest for an episode.

The other annoyance continues to be Dorit.  Ridiculous red boots.   And her over the top fake reaction to the fashion show rehearsal.   I sincerely hope she is gone next season because she ruins the show for me. But I suspect she's back because the finale is apparently going to focus on her.  I don't know if I can take one more episode of her, much less another season.  PK probably showers alone because it's the only place he can get away from her and her theatrics for 5 minutes.  Marriage to her must be exhausting.   (And I'm no PK fan, he can exit with her any time now)

I'm loving Rinna's talking heads this season, though.  I also was wondering what the group dynamic would be like once LVP left, and it did seem more relaxed  (other than the "pretend amnesia" moment.).  I guess because Dorit didn't have to spend any time worrying about who LVP likes best and thinking of ways to ingratiate herself with her. 

One more thing - Rinna - hire an exterminator.  Lola doesn't care about the rats.

• Love 16

My two cents;

Erika - I don't mind her costumes. She had admitted she's playing dress up and owns the look despite its weirdness as opposed to Dorit who thinks she's being stylish, and is wrong. What I do mind, is Erika's attitude towards Teddi. When she apologized to Teddi, Erika implied that they'd discuss it privately but instead she attacks Teddi in front of everyone again. I agree, Erika's smugness needs to be physically, permanently wiped from her face.

Dorit - Her jealousy/envy is so obvious; Last season her looks were more subdued, except the bird poop hair, and this season she is copying Erika's over the top looks and travels with a "glam" squad. She's competing for LVP's affection with Kyle. I've seen more attractive bathing suits in Lands' End catalogs. I'd be more worried about the substandard suits she's sending down the short runway than whether the curtain falls right. If she was so concerned about her "fashion show", shouldn't she have stayed home or gone home early? Her yearbook photo from Amity Regional High School in CT shows just how much work Dorit has had.

Kyle - meh. Nothing awful, nothing great this show. 

LVP - ditto on Kyle.

Rinna - She does have a smokin' bod, but does she need to flash every season? Can you imagine what people on the shore of that display, her jumping around in her teddy? If she still has rats in her house, she has more important issues to deal with than the housewives drama. You have enough money Rinna. Hire an exterminator. Ewwww.

Teddi - I loved the scene with her family, and I want her hairdo in that scene. Say what you want about her husband's looks, but I don't think they're bad, and he seems to really love spending time with his family in a down to earth way. I felt bad for Teddi when Erika attacked her again, but was confused why Dorit was saying "You scare her.". That came out of left field even though Erika can be pretty scarey.  Some people think Teddi is boring, but I think she's the calm within the storm which is a breath of fresh air. Every so often, I see her dad's face in hers or her kids.

Overall, there wasn't as much drama this season as last. Wonder what they are going to talk about for 3 reunion shows.

• Love 22

These women. Who goes to Europe and spends all day in the spa???? I mean, I know we all have different travel styles, but aren't there spas in BH? It seems to me like you'd want to experience something you couldn't experience back home. Me? I'd be soaking up every last bit of history and culture I could. Save the massages for when I return! 

But, all in all, this wasn't a bad trip. There were some cringe-worthy moments and a couple gripes that wouldn't die. But compared to other trips, it went pretty smoothly. 

I was glad Erika and Teddi cleared the air on their last night. The way Erika was sitting there, like a stone cold bitch, I didn't think the conversation was going to be fruitful. But she finally let down her guard a bit and smoothed things over. I think, deep down, Erika is a very hurt and insecure person, and she wraps herself in this persona as protection. There's no excuse for the way she sometimes treats others, but I get it. And I do see her making a conscious effort sometimes to show a smidge of self-awareness. She realized Teddi was actually scared by her and didn't want that. Progress. 

Now she just needs to work on her punctuality. Damn. All that waiting around would have pissed me off, especially since she can't be fussed to text a head's up...or even answer her damn phone! That shit annoys me to no end. 

Back home, pretty tame half of the episode. I was sad to see Kyle leave her sweet, little house. Okay, I know it's not little. And I know it's actually a damn nice house. But I tend to have simpler tastes, and Kyle's house was always my favorite. There was always something so warm and cozy about it; while a lot of the other houses come off so sterile, to me. I'm sentimental to the end, so I got all misty, thinking about the memories she's made there. Plus, it really sucks what happened to them in their new home. Ugh. 

Dorit was so extra with her "fashion show" preparations. This isn't a NY runway, so calm your tits. Maybe if she put half as much effort into the actual fashions. Just saying. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Erika can double as a robot or a mannequin.  She had the mannerisms an stiffness down pat.

Unfortunately, yes.

I have been wanting to post this for a while: in my opinion, even while performing, Erika often seems robotic.

• Love 11

The outfits they were wearing on the boat ride were ridiculous. They were even more ridiculous when Erika took them down the dark alley to the super secret invite only restaurant where it looked like the other patrons and the waiters were dressed very casually in jeans and t-shirts. As far as Berlin being 'edgy', from what I can tell, everyone was dressed like people do everywhere else and Erika looked like a total tool.

The one thing I will say about Rinna, when they are sightseeing or doing something that requires a lot of walking, she's usually the only one that's wearing appropriate shoes.

I loved the Pandas. They are one of the cutest animals in the world!

I honestly don't know how they are getting 3 parts out of the reunion. I'm not sure I even want to watch them rehash the same boring crap over again. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm not sure why Erika is late twice but doesn't bother to call? Or text? I guess at least she apologized and knew she was in the wrong unlike Dorit. I'm glad that they finally got to put on some looks that could be seen by other people because (esp Erika) taking all this time to get glammed up just to be in a hotel room didn't make any sense.

Yea, it's highly rude not to at least let someone KNOW you're running late, how late, why, etc. But I did appreciate that Erika totally owned it and didn't expect the girls to wait around for her. 

9 hours ago, Michichick said:

Agreed. I thought Erika said they would talk about it, just the two of them, some other time. Then she brings it up at the weirdest time. Smells like producer intervention.

This is kind of par for the course with reality TV. They know they need to create a bit of a stir. 

That being said, it was actually advantageous that Erika did it in a group setting. Teddi is clearly intimidated by her and doesn't articulate herself well. Dorit spoke up for her, letting Erika know just how scared Teddi gets around her. And Erika realized that, didn't like it, and immediately calmed down and smoothed things over. Sometimes it helps to have other people. 

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The late thing was odd.  Teddi and Kyle decide to wait for Erika in front of the zoo instead of in the hotel.  Then they decide to leave for the private boat that isn't going to leave without them and wait for Erika there.  Why bother leaving without Erika?  They were still waiting for her.

I think they thought that if they moved along and let Erika know they were doing so, it might prompt her to get her butt in gear. 

8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I thought Teddi looked really beautiful at the lunch she had with her husband and kids. The sun was behind her and she looked very glow-y.

I did as well! I love how her hair was styled. She looked really effortless and ethereal. 

• Love 15

Unless Erica was purposely going for "aging drag queen who impersonates a mash-up of Britney (the costume), Madonna (the hair) & 70 year old Bette Davis (the face)", then she lost me with this particular latex "look".  While I think Erica has an amazing body and can literally wear anything, I think her glam squaT has been missing on the makeup all season.  In her TH's, or in scenes without the entire MAC counter at Sephora troweled on her face, Erica looks great.  Once Mikey and his makeup monkeys get involved and focus on dress up day at Barbie's Dream House, oh boy.  

I still like Teddi.  I like her vibe, her kids, her husband. Unlike some folks, I don't find her "too cool for school" on this show.  IMO, she has self confidence and is self assured in a way that some of the other HW's can't attain.  I think she looks stunning whether she is dressed up or (especially) in casual mode.  She has lovely face.  

Question about LVP's rescue center...she seems to have a lot of puppies there.  I would think they get homes very quickly....who doesn't love a wriggly little cutie pie puppy? Is that her "niche" for that center? Are there no older dogs in BH or the surrounding area that her center can help?  

Since Dorit's fashion show will be full of too much dramatic sighing and breast heaving and ridiculous, vaguely fake-foreign, over-pronounced descriptions of her stress level,  I will record the final episode so I can just FF'd through it.  Plus, unless A LOT of changes were made since the initial look, I think most of her swim suits were ugly AF.  PK had better not plan to heavily on retirement based on the success of "Beverly Beach".  The only plane I see in your future is the Fisher Price model on the 'everything must go!' table at Toys R Us.

• Love 23

No pain unless it’s champagne ? How long did it take PK and Dorit to write that line? They are SO insufferable.  Dorit stressing chatting with PK was a totally different accent than when she greeted the fashion show staff and still different in her TH. This finale fashion show is going to be an EPIC shit show. 

Erika In that latex what is her deal? Avante garde ish outfits in an edgy back alley restaurant eating stuff you don’t even recognize isn’t my idea of fun. Different strokes I guess ... it  truly is Stefon personified from SNL.  

WTH are the pink things The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick was packing up from Portia’s room? 

“Investing in a horse” doesn’t mean buying a horse and flipping it, Teddi is most likely looking to buy a young prospect, train it daily, show it, and sell it for big bucks. Long term project and very risky. Horses are fragile. They get hurt sick and moody when it counts ya never know, good decision on her part if she’s happy and busy already. Ride for fun Teddi! Love her with her y down to earth. 

So EJ makes what 50 grand (I am being generous here) for her show and the glam squad travel designer clothing and back up dancers cost her like 100 grand ? She is so strange I cannot figure out what makes her tick. The closest I can come is she wants to be totally unapproachable as a defense mechanism for her insecurities . 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Plus, it really sucks what happened to them in their new home. Ugh. 

I just wanted to scream "don't move!"

34 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I really don't like when Erica talks about what it takes to be an artist. I'd much rather hear that from, you know, a real artist. Her "artistry" is limited to average singing, average dancing, and above average attention to a look. Don't bore me.

Not to mention she lip sync's her performances.  I doubt we will ever see her, (ala Madonna or Lady Gaga), grab a guitar, sit on a stool with a spotlight, sing and knock our socks off.  At least she stays in her lane...

Why on the boat ride were the women dressed like they were going clubbing?  Dorit's boots looked like she got them from the Kinky Boots website, Lisa Rinna stripping down to her underwear? Erika was a bit much and needed a whip to complete the look, nobody looked comfortable and everyone looked like they were freezing and thanks to Erika we know she was.  

The fake fear of walking down the dark alley...the camera crew was there, they were not alone.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Box305 said:

I thought they were talking about how the panda was sitting, this makes a lot more sense.........

• Love 9
11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Oh boy the alley!

This place has everything: latex, Play-Tex, unlit candles, Klaus-ette Nomi, and a waiter who looks like two out of three stooges.

Love this so much hahaha long live Stefon 

9 hours ago, Rahul said:

I literally rewound and rewatched the scene where the bicyclist almost ran over Erika in her latex outfit six times. I don't wish Erika physical harm, but I kind of wish he had knocked into her solely for my amusement. I would have been rolling on the floor if she had been knocked on her ass in that getup and had to struggle and crawl to get back up. 

Best part of the Ep! Her face ! DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM, PEON BICYCLIST ? I WILL SPANK YOU SILLY LIKE I DO THE OLD MAN WHO PAYS FOR THIS. 

• Love 23

The drag queens on WWHL were wonderful. With wonderful names: Anita Procedure and Tresemme.  

I agree that Teddi looked ethereal at the lunch with her family. I know you cut your hair, Ariana, but THAT is how to wear braids.

Honestly, I thought older dogs have more of a problem finding homes, not adorable, cuddly puppies. I would really like LVP to promote the older dogs more often.

Loved the flashback of the German shepherd, River?, on the bed. I love how he just does what he wants. It’s so innocent. “What? I’m not supposed to be on the bed? Since when? But it’s nice up here. So comfy. And you guys are up here. I want to hang out with you guys.”

That was a lot of time, effort, powder and lube for a look that wasn’t really all that spectacular. Rinna wore an effortless, shiny black trench and looked just as terrific.

• Love 11

I kind of wonder what would happen if, when Erika showed up late, no one squealed over her outfit and instead was nonchalant about it. I mean,  an outfit? It's not that interesting to me. If that's all you have to offer rather than warmth and humor and fun and depth-- I'm out. 

• Love 20
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I think I like PK. I like that he’s so calm. 

Apparently, that calm is due to this:

"Masturbation can be a self-soothing behavior that calms down our minds."

https://greatist.com/happiness/masturbation-health-benefits

~don't look at me! MindThinkr started it!

No, his precious Dorit started it. Then again I guess she didn’t and that’s why he had to take matters into his own hands (not sure if the pun is intended or not)! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Wierzbowski said:

I kind of wonder what would happen if, when Erika showed up late, no one squealed over her outfit and instead was nonchalant about it. I mean,  an outfit? It's not that interesting to me. If that's all you have to offer rather than warmth and humor and fun and depth-- I'm out. 

That’s all she has to offer. An outfit. A look. 

AND Tom has to pay for it. 

AND the glam squad buys it and tells her when to wear it. 

AND the glam squad has to help her put it on. 

You could yank her out and substitute any 40-something above-average-looking tall woman, who can kind of carry a tune and no one would notice. 

Although some might think the doppelgänger was nicer. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 18

I don't remember anything about this episode after the girls returned from Berlin and we see a conversation with PK and Dorit on the couch. I don't know how much more happened after that but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep.

The boat trips from hell were because a select group of the women chose a boat ride to get aggressive and confrontational about something. And if I'm not mistaken, Rinna (and Eileen) were heavily involved in both incidents so it's kind of laughable that she's insinuating that the ride was drama free because there was no LVP.

I didn't expect Erika to let the pretend amnesia go with the way with the way the conversation started off but hopefully we don't have to hear about that again. I also hope that Kyle and Dorit have to put their grievances to rest (once and for all).

Based on the comments, it seems that Erika admitted to what I already know - these women know what their paid to do and so they broach conversations in the most controversial settings because that's what makes drama. Did you need to go all the way to Berlin to talk about pretend amnesia when you could have settled it one on one before you even left? Of course not, but it was meant to be a TV moment. All of these women all do the same thing but only a few get the reputation for it.

I don't like traveling with people who are always late. It's one thing to make me wait a bit at a local restaurant. I don't want to waste precious time in another country sitting around and waiting for people. I appreciate that Erika took accountability and took no offense to the women leaving her, but I also don't understand why in all occasions of tardiness she didn't even bother to pick up the phone when they were calling her. I get that she was sick but come on, her phone must have been nearby I'm sure.

• Love 14