Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Karma's a Bitch

• Start Topic

After returning to Los Angeles, Kristen must tell her boyfriend about the night she spent with James; Sandoval convinces Lisa to throw a "progress party" to show off the TomTom space; Jax confronts Brittany's admirer.

• Love 1

Ok in the Lala/James dynamic, who’s Eminem and who’s Dre?

I guess Lala is Dre? Was Kristen the Kim to James’s Eminem?

Oh here’s another great comparison: Jax Jason and Nelson Mandela (member of Oprah’s Book Club). 

Free-eee Jason Tay-lah!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 5

I’m sure this has been said before but...what exactly is the allure of Jax? Is it his connection to reality tv? Otherwise...da faq... Brit could do soooooo much better, but then perhaps she wouldn’t have a role on VPR....

Edited by BodhiGurl
Typo
  • Love 6

I was only half paying attention and seems like I missed some good stuff (Mandela in Oprah’s book club?? Punching a pay phone??). But from what I saw Jax’s big confrontation with Adam. No, dude, I don’t have a crush on Brittany; Scheana told me I could be on TV. Jax blinks, fixes a chair. Now what? I’m supposed to film a big fight scene. Decides to Hulk out and lose his goddamned mind over absolutely everyone and nothing at the same time. THAT’S how you get yourself on TV, Adam.

Oh, I didn’t notice... what was Sandoval’s object of the week?!? I saw a knife on someone’s leg. Was that him? Could be random enough to make the cut. But if a payphone was punched, then I guess a punched payphone wins the week. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Jax has been unfaithful to his girlfriend and has been an absolute shit about it.  But, apparently that PALES in comparison to the fact the Scheana was trying to set up Brittany with a cute boy - and texting while IN HIS HOME, CAUSE HE HAS A FAMILY, DOGS.  What a moron.

But....I guess in Jax's world, it is okay to have sex with your girlfriend's best friend, in your apartment, while your girlfriend is sleeping in the next room??  (Isn't that what Jax did with Kristen while dating Stassi?)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

But....I guess in Jax's world, it is okay to have sex with your girlfriend's best friend, in your apartment, while your girlfriend is sleeping in the next room??  (Isn't that what Jax did with Kristen while dating Stassi?)

Jax really has no redeeming qualities.  Is he great in the sack?  Is that what keeps Brittany around?

• Love 5

To me, that meltdown says a lot more about Lisa than it does Jax.

Edited to restate - to me Lisa came off more poorly than Jax during his meltdown. He was unbelievably disrespectful to her and a potential danger to her patrons. And all she sees is dollar signs and repeatedly invites him back to film after these crazy outbursts. She gets zero support from me.

Edited by Bluedog100
Clarification
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Sai said:

Nothing on this show surprises me but I was shocked, absolutely shocked that Jax punched out a payphone at the end.  A payphone!!  Holy crap!  I didn't think any of those things even existed anymore. Lol

There's one in front of the store I work at.  It doesn't work, but they won't remove it either.  It's like satellite dishes. They'll gladly install, but it's there for life.

6 minutes ago, Bluedog100 said:

To me, that meltdown says a lot more about Lisa than it does Jax.

Details!  So vague.  I am intrigued and unsure by what you mean.  I apologize if that comes off rude.  I am interested on your take from that moment.

I got where she was coming from, but she has been kinder during meltdowns. She's threatened him, but rarely follows through.

At least Ken didn't threaten Jax's spark.  Which would have been sooo good!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Chloecat said:

Adam just happened to be sitting outside waiting for Jax randomly paying on his phone on his night off? Producer schenanigans.

Looked so good waiting for "his take" on the show! "I'm ready for my close-up!" lol! ;-)

• Love 2

Roid rage? Cocaine? Meth? Jax was definitely hopped up on something. Even before his full meltdown, he was all antsy pants & shifty eyes when talking Adam.  Also, did he just walk away from his shift at the bar?

• Love 21

I got the impression that Jax came very close to breaking the fourth wall during his meltdown.  Makes me wonder if the producers were gaslighting him a bit.  Did they tell Jax that one thing was supposed to happen (angry confrontation with Adam when Adam confesses that he was trying to go after Brittany) and then, tell everyone else something else?  

I mean, that was a total fizzle on the angry confrontation, because Adam basically said he had no interest in Brittany, but Scheanna was pushing it with text messages, etc.  Then, when Jax was confronting everyone else, they all sort of brushed everything aside as not a big deal.  Jax even mentioned something to LVP about "going off script".

Jax was frustrated because he really didn't know what the hell he was supposed to do in the situation.  Not that I'm excusing his crappy behavior and his disrespect towards Lisa, Ken and his place of employment, but he seemed honestly and completely bewildered.

• Love 12

Jax’s meltdown was kind of scary. This wasn’t a fun episode at all. I’m actually scared of Jax, he does seem hopped up on something.

Yes we got a fun moment of Schena talking about her future kids to Lisa but still.

Also yeah while Kristen didn’t act great by throwing a drink, I do have to say Katie and Stassi annoyed during te moment when talking condescending to her, I get she acted wrong but seriously.. kind of bad friends.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, snarts said:

Roid rage? Cocaine? Meth? Jax was definitely hopped up on something. Even before his full meltdown, he was all antsy pants & shifty eyes when talking Adam.  Also, did he just walk away from his shift at the bar?

This with a side of Mental Illness?  I think Jax is a ticking time bomb.  He is barely keeping his aggression under control.  I am really worried for Brittany's safety around him.

• Love 6

Apparently in Sandoval's world, a man and woman can't be semi-alone with one another for two hours without hooking up. If you don't remember, then clearly the issue isn't that nothing happened, it obviously is because you were too drunk to remember. Ariana, I hope you're taking notes on how Sandoval's mind works. 

Jax, you don't know who Nelson Mandela is? LMAO. Also, it seems pretty inappropriate to tell your therapist (of any kind) that you love them. That's quite strange to me. 

Was Kristen so calm with Carter because she needed him to believe her or did she make sure he kept her cool because she feels he won't put up with her antics the way Sandoval and James did? Despite Katie being totally right in her advice to Kristen, she got offended yet with Carter, she kept her cool. 

LVP's reaction to the picture of Lala's lips is probably the most authentic reaction I've seen from her. It was hilarious.

Scheana probably asked Rob what's a name that he thinks is nice and in her head, she created a full blown conversation about what he wants to name their future daughter. Scheana probably accompanied Rob while he looked for at a potential new property and in her mind, they're looking for a home together. 

Was Jax on something? He's an obnoxious idiot but even that seemed beyond his usual. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Apparently in Sandoval's world, a man and woman can't be semi-alone with one another for two hours without hooking up. If you don't remember, then clearly the issue isn't that nothing happened, it obviously is because you were too drunk to remember. Ariana, I hope you're taking notes on how Sandoval's mind works. 

Jax, you don't know who Nelson Mandela is? LMAO. Also, it seems pretty inappropriate to tell your therapist (of any kind) that you love them. That's quite strange to me. 

Was Kristen so calm with Carter because she needed him to believe her or did she make sure he kept her cool because she feels he won't put up with her antics the way Sandoval and James did? Despite Katie being totally right in her advice to Kristen, she got offended yet with Carter, she kept her cool. 

LVP's reaction to the picture of Lala's lips is probably the most authentic reaction I've seen from her. It was hilarious.

Scheana probably asked Rob what's a name that he thinks is nice and in her head, she created a full blown conversation about what he wants to name their future daughter. Scheana probably accompanied Rob while he looked for at a potential new property and in her mind, they're looking for a home together. 

Was Jax on something? He's an obnoxious idiot but even that seemed beyond his usual. 

Funny you bring up Tom saying a man and woman can’t be alone for two hours without hooking up, considering how he and Arinia were always defensive about Similar situations when they were brought up about them back before they were a couple and that they were just “best friends”.  

Yeah Jax was scary, I know at the time he may have had real

stuff going on(the timeline with his dad being sick) but it’s stuff like this tht while not being mentioned only tells half the story. See also the episode with Stassi being werided out by Jeremy and Tom saying “he’s had a tough year” and while a lot of viewers may have known if his issues some may not, half of the story is missing.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Funny you bring up Tom saying a man and woman can’t be alone for two hours without hooking up, considering how he and Arinia were always defensive about Similar situations when they were brought up about them back before they were a couple and that they were just “best friends”. 

Not to mention how he got all indignant about people denying getting together… Shades of golden nugget?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Wasn't this around the time that Jax found out that his dad had cancer. 

• Love 2

What on earth was Lala doing when James confronted Jax at the DJ stand? She adjusts her hair, holds her arm up and rubs her fingers against her thumb as if she is sprinkling herbs into a (tall) pot, then holds out one arm and brushes at her fingers with her other hand. 

Why would sucking on the bottle cause her lips to swell? Is it an allergic reaction to the rubber or plastic? (eta: my bad. Thank you to the poster who posted the video about plumping lips by sucking on bottle caps. Which... just bizarre. How do people come up with these “beauty tips”?)

Does Lisa mind Ariana dancing on top of the bar?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Which is shitty but it isn't the first time he has behaved like this and still isn't okay.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Which is shitty but it isn't the first time he has behaved like this and still isn't okay.

Yeah I can see that making him more stressed and tightly wound, and more sensitive, but something else was... off. Maybe he was on meds to cope, who knows.

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Just now, ivygirl said:

Yeah I can see that making him more stressed and tightly wound, and more sensitive, but something else was... off. Maybe he was on meds to cope, who knows.

I agree. I just think his level of rage can probably be explained by his dad's illness. Flipping out is on Jax. I think he had less control than usual because of his dad and maybe drugs.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What on earth was Lala doing when James confronted Jax at the DJ stand? She adjusts her hair, holds her arm up and rubs her fingers against her thumb as if she is sprinkling herbs into a (tall) pot, then holds out one arm and brushes at her fingers with her other hand. 

Like Salt Bae?

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I was thinking it was a not so subtle reference to Kristen and the times she cheated on Sandoval, Carter and most likely James.  No one seems to believe Kristen just because.  Oh I guess Kristen feels the same way:  http://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules-after-show/season-4/videos/is-it-okay-to-chill-with-your-ex-until-8amif-youre

I am the only one wondering why perfect Rob, with the perfect house and perfectseven minute mounted television would be looking for a new home with Scheana?  For some reason I get the impression Rob and Scheana are driving to dinner and Scheana says, "oh look what a great house." Rob replies, "nice house," and from there Scheana imaginary house hunting scenario is created. 

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Jax and Stassi had broken up-but it was still slapworthy to Stassi, that her ex boyfriend hooked up with Kristen.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Rob, with the perfect house and perfectseven minute mounted television would be looking for a new home with Scheana? 

I could have sworn he was house sitting at the house where the had the date night with Sandoval and Ariane. 

• Love 4
Just now, biakbiak said:

I could have sworn he was house sitting at the house where the had the date night with Sandoval and Ariane. 

HAHAHA that just makes things so much funnier.  I thought we were suppose to impressed with Rob and having his act together.  Thanks for the clarification.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Jax has been unfaithful to his girlfriend and has been an absolute shit about it.  But, apparently that PALES in comparison to the fact the Scheana was trying to set up Brittany with a cute boy - and texting while IN HIS HOME, CAUSE HE HAS A FAMILY, DOGS.  What a moron.

He now give Jax a break, he didn't have his soothing rock with him to calm him down. hehe.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Yes. Thank you Lala for making me actually relieved I have thin lips!

Honestly,Lala really doesn't have thin lips, she has normal plump lips which look thin in her circles because of all the fake duck lips in LA. Hers would even be big compared to most women.

• Love 2

I was also noticing during the Jax confrontation with Adam on the patio that Jax’s hair is really seems to be thinning on top. Ooops, add one more thing to his midlife crisis. Sux to be Jax. Plus, he’s a cheater, so he’s projecting his horrible behavior onto Brittany, although it appears she’s innocent. He does look absolutely deranged.

• Love 2

Stassi can be awful sometimes, but I do admit she’s got some good THs. Her plans for the “perfect murder” with the icicle shank had me rolling. 

Jax can seriously just go jump in a lake (and without Rob around to save him, oh. Nooo). Between kicking Brittany out of the room to FaceTime with Kelsie to his ridiculous meltdown at Sur, he’s just a garbage person all-around. Not to mention unstable.

7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Jax and Stassi were broken up. Kristen and Tom, however, were still together.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I’m pretty sure that was his house, not one he was house sitting. Whether he owns it, rents it, or it’s owned by a family member like the Big Bear house is unclear though. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3