Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: The Good, The Bad and The Cuddly

• Start Topic

I loved that finale to bits. A giant Beebo vs. Mallus was absolutely hilarious and yet it made actual sense as well. That fight along just shows why this has become the best comic show on television in my opinion.

I loved that we got Jonah Hex and Ava roping in Jax, Kuasa and Helen of Troy while Ray got Nora back to help the Legends as well. Great use of those characters for this episode. Nice we got an update on Jax here.

I wasn't expecting Rip and Damien's sacrifices but both were pretty effective though. Amaya retaining her memories but going back to Zambesi does make me hope we see her in some capacity next season.

We're gonna see Nora and Kuasa next season no doubt and Sara/Ava are definitely back on too.

Good moments with Wally and Nate in this episode too.

Gary dressed as Constantine was odd but funny. I do wonder how John will work as a regular next season but I can't wait to see him with the gang though. 9/10

• Love 7
11 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Brandon Routh and his wife have great chemistry onscreen that makes me kinda want Nora to come back to be his love interest. Also, Zari and Jonah Hex is way better than it has any right to be. I will never not be convinced that Nate isn't the granddad. I am concerned about ramifications on Mari and the Vixen canon. Was she still adopted by her American family? I also missed the first part of last week's ep, which is probably adding to my confusion. But overall this is at least a Flashpoint level timeline change. 

I agree on both highlighted statements.  I think Nate will end up with Amya.   I hope to see Nora back and Jonah.   

I almost thought that they were going to materialize the stay puffed marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.  Beebo was funny.  Loved Helen.  Meh on Rip. 

I also loved the Legends R&R'ing. 

• Love 2

At last, finally the universe is listening to me! How about some world-peace now?

I barely made it through the first season of this show  (mainly because of "those stupid hawk flying-chicken people"). So glad I did stick around - the writers have definitely found their mojo! Long may the crazy last!

• Love 4

So Ava had another change in attitude off-screen, from "there is no me to love" to "did you mean it when you said 'I love you'", complete with wearing her hair down despite knowing she was going to fight Mallus. And it happened in a Beebo episode again. Is Beebo behind the scenes pulling strings? Is Beebo playing secret matchmaker for Sara and Ava, lol?

• Love 8

I must have had my blond Brits in a trenchcoat confused, because in my head I was thinking AD/Rip was a season regular again next year. So I didn't really appreciate his death scene because I didn't realize it was a death (and not just being like, absorbed by Mallus). Even at the end I was half expecting Rip and Damien to end up in the crater with the Legends after Beebo and Mallus fought and exploded. 

As others have said, we didn't get reactions from Jonah and Ava, two characters he had a history with, so that also led to me not realizing how big that moment had been. Here's hoping through the weirdness of time travel he returns for the 100th or the series finale!

• Love 5

This was so fun. 

I loved them getting sidetracked my Mallus' pronunciation.  Of course Mallus would be so petty himself that it would matter.

I  loved Mick shading the crazy Hawk, flying chicken people.  Because the Hawks deserve all the shade.

I loved their first really deformed, kinda sickly looking champion.  Because, of course.

I loved all the previous character call backs.  Caesar is still pissed at Mick.  Blackbeard is still pissed at Captain Jiwe. Helen has become an Amazon warrior and Kuasa has not been torn by bitterness.

I loved the entire Beebo Mallus fight.  I think I giggled it delight and disbelief of what I was seeing the whole five minutes.  No matter what anyone says about Nate, he is responsible for giant Beebo.  Of course Beebo wants cuddles.  He's so damned cuddly!

I loved all their comrades standing around cheering the fight even though they were mentally saying 'WTF'

And I especially love how the show just leans in to its own lunacy.  This is why it works so well.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, CloudySky said:

One more thing: I'll miss this show because it always managed to lift my spirits. TV shows tend to be so depressing these days. Even the comic shows that are supposed to be ligthhearted like Supergirl and Flash. Come back soon, Legends!

I definitely agree with this. Mondays are crappy days at work for me, and having this bonkers show to come home to always helped me end the day on a good note. Mondays just won't be the same without my Legends fix! But at least I have the image of giant Beebo saving the world with cuddles to get me through today.

• Love 6

So much awesome.  Can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said.

I love getting to see everyone from the season, good and bad: Helen, Kuasa, Blackbeard, Freydis, and we got good sendoffs for Jax, Rip and even Damian Darhk.  I'll miss Neal McDonough because he had so much fun, but hopefully Dum Dum Dugan will show up in Infinity War.

I'm wondering how they'll fit Constantine into the crew next year, but then I remind myself that they had Mallus the time demon fight Cuddle Me Beebo AKA the Blue God and they made it awesome.

• Love 7

So my two favorite shows just had their season finale. The Magicians left me feeling very sad for our heroes. Legends of Tomorrow filled me with joy and delight and pure HAPPINESS! Here it is the next day and I still feel HAPPY! ALL PRAISE BEEBO! So nice, so kind, way to leave me feeling good show, thank you. This show is AWESOME.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

I loved them getting sidetracked my Mallus' pronunciation.  Of course Mallus would be so petty himself that it would matter.

I forgot about that, I love that the first thing Mallus does when he rises to the Earth is tell everyone that they've been saying his name wrong this whole time! You are one petty lord of hell, Mallus! Then everyone kept bickering about it throughout the episode! 

• Love 7

First the shallow: Ray is looking FINE with his longer hair.  Yum!  And I say this as "not the biggest Ray fan" in the Arrowverse.  And while I'm at it, Zari was looking HOT in the final scene.  Yay to Garstintine! Yay to Zarnah!  Did anyone else get peeved that Sara had all the amulets in her hand when they fought the three armies?  Just me then?  The ones who wield the totums could have used them during the fight.  I really miss Jax.  All Hail Beebo!

Edited to add:  Why oh why couldn't Nate have gone with Amaya?  Of the two of them we had to lose the one that we like?  I suppose Nate could grow up a bit if he isn't distracted by his hormones in the next season.  Maybe he could have a threesome with Constantine and Gary.

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 3

What I love is seeing the thumbnails on the reaction vids to this episode is just pure joy at the ridiculousness of this show. 

You know they have to be making Beebo merchandise. Probably to start selling at SDCC. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

ALL THE FEELS!  I love Beebo so, so much.  I was reminded a little of Animal in the saloon during The Muppet Movie (the first one from way back in the day.).  Beebo is love.

Edited by dingochick
  • Love 4

I rarely rewatch episodes or seasons of any show that I watch, but I am definitely planning to re-watch this season on Netflix. I think that definitely says something. I thought this entire season was wonderful and didn’t want it to end! 

• Love 6

Not only was the Beebo great, but they really played the reveal well for maximum laughs--everytime they showed someone reacting I got more anxious to see what it was, so I laughed even harder at the reveal. 

The character of Nate has grown on me. All of his background stuff and reactions while still tripping on ancestor juice were perfect. Not too much to be distracting, but hilarious if you were paying attention. 

I'll echo everyone else in my confusion over how this became both a good show and my fave of the Arrowverse.

Good job to all who made Season 3 happen.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I think we should officially declare April 9th Beebo Day in the Arrowverse. I mean he saved the world with Cuddles, he deserves a day to celebrate him. 

I have it marked on my calendar with a big blue heart.

Who would have thought Zari and Jonah Hex but he gave her a dirty hat awww some how so sweet

Edited by Nogoodnamesleft
Need all the words a sentence
  • Love 4

Beebo fight breakdown:

"I lo-lo-love you" - Sara
"Beebo hungry" - Mick
*Beebo laugh* - Nate
*Charging at Mallus* - Vixen
*Beebo getting his ass kicked* - Wally too slow (always disable your speedster first) and other legends too busy bickering
"Beebo can't breathe" - Zari
*Beebo throwing off Mallus* - Sara
*Beebo flattening Mallus* - Mick
*Beebo ninja moves* - Sara + the rest for strength
*cheeky matrix come here motion* - Wally
*Blink* - Mick
"Hoowaa" - Nate
*Beebo jumping high* - Zari doing her ET flying bikes move and/or Vixen flying
*Beebo want cuddle* - Sara
"Weeeee" - Nate
"Wahahahaha" - Legends celebrating

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CloudySky said:

*Beebo want cuddle* - Sara

I'd say that was Nate.  He still has one of my favorite quotes of the whole season re: Beebo from the God of War episode: "He's so damned huggable!"

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 15

Did anyone else notice when they arrived in the Old West right before they go into the saloon and Sara mentioned what they do next depending on how strong the whisky is, the disappointed looks from Wally (a speedster who can't get drunk) and Zari (a Muslim).  Great subtle job from Tala and Keiynan on that.

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 14

Rip's sacrifice didn't have much impact on me, mainly because this felt like the 4th time that Rip sacrificed himself for the team and he keeps coming back.

Still an incredibly entertaining show.  What other superhero show could end with a Power Ranger-esque fight between a big bat and an even bigger stuffed animal?  I'm glad they ditched their baggage from the first season and embraced the camp.

I showed the Beebo fight scene to family members and their reactions were along the lines of "WTF is this show??"

• Love 6
4 hours ago, diebartdie said:

So my two favorite shows just had their season finale. The Magicians left me feeling very sad for our heroes. Legends of Tomorrow filled me with joy and delight and pure HAPPINESS!

But, lets be real. If the gang from The Magicians tried to create their own magical creature by holding hands and combining thoughts...they would probably create a very similar monster to one the Legends created before Beebo, and would probably also react with "Oh my God WTF kill it kill it with fire!" or something :)

Then maybe attack the monster with a giant talking bunny.

• Love 3

This was the greatest episode yet. Loved all the guest stars returning to fight it out. Sad that Rip is gone, but happy that I still have my other original 3. Nate for sure has to be going back to Amara next season.

20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

The gifs that are going to come out of this episode are going to be amazing. 

tumblr_p6y5qaJnc91sk9i0co2_500.gif

Perfection!

20 hours ago, kdm07 said:

I just need to process the fact that a giant Beebo who's capable of a "come here" motion defeated Mallus with a giant cuddle...

This show man. This f****** show!

The come here hand motion was the best part, hands down. for me!

9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I know it would've been more expensive to do but it would've been cool to see Beebo using the Legends powers since they were inside him (not like that or maybe they were since Mick considered it an orgy. Lol). I'd love to see Beebo super speeding around Malice or becoming a T-Rex or using Zari's wind tornado or shooting fire out of his giant fluffy hands or even turning into a scary death witch. 

^ I was waiting for this, especially Wally's speed and Nate's steel.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, nitrofishblue said:

I have to admit that I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this episode. A little pissed at myself for not DVRing it so I could enjoy it again. Have to wait a bit before they add it to on demand.

Or you can watch it for at least five weeks on cwtv.com .  

How old is Nate supposed to be? I'm old enough to have watched Voltron when it first aired and yet as they were combining the powers of their totems my mind still went straight to Captain Planet, not Voltron. I mean, I'd have to rewatch the scene but I'm wondering if their totems didn't even light up in the right sequence (Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart...I mean, Death).

Captian Planet wasn't as cool as Voltron.  I was a cartoon snob and refused to watch Captain Planet.  I'll have to assume Nate made a similar choice.  ;)

3 hours ago, CloudySky said:

Beebo fight breakdown:
*cheeky matrix come here motion* 

While it may have been in the Matrix...that little hand wave will always be a Bruce Lee move to me. Usually preceeded with a thumb wipe of his nose.

50 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Captian Planet wasn't as cool as Voltron.  I was a cartoon snob and refused to watch Captain Planet.  I'll have to assume Nate made a similar choice.  ;)

Oh, I'm not disagreeing. I hated Captain Planet...except for the summoning sequence. It was so preachy. And Voltron's combining scenes is one of those that I still remember by heart. It's just that the Legends combining their powers reminded me more of CP.

Edited by KirkB

Praise Beebo, that was an awesome finale.

I had a rough day today, and for some reason, hearing Jonah say that no matter how much the Legends and take any situation and screw it up, they're REALLY REALLY good at making friends wherever they go was something I desperately needed to hear.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Completely agree.  Captain Planet was enough to watch in the afternoon when you're waiting for supper, but I was late to school for Voltron.

That was great.  I thought that the look on Nate’s face when they realizesmit was Beebo was an homage to Dan Akroyd in the first ghostbusters when he couldn’t keep himself from imaging Mr. Staypuff....

i did wonder why Helen didn’t just make all the men in the armies stop fighting.  

And Rip did seem a bit early in the episode.  But he probably has a film to shoot or something.

19 hours ago, kassygreene said:

This show is bonkers.  It is ZOMG, g. d. BONKERS.  From Rip's magnificent exit to the retreat to (for) Salvation to DD finally having a noble(-ish) exit of his own to the return of the Blue God right through to a "presidential" allusion that visually explained itself, and all the madness in between ... bonkers!

So this show just had Beebo the "Blue God" defeat a Satanic looking monster in the town of Salvation? Sure, why not.

This finale made my head explode. Most of the awesomeness has been mentioned by others and if I starting writing my favorite quotes I'd end up quoting the whole episode. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

I did wonder why Helen didn’t just make all the men in the armies stop fighting.

She couldn't.  Her actual power is to make men fall in love with her (and it's really not something she can control or do at will -- it just happens whenever she's around men), and she knows from experience that it would quickly escalate from their not fighting her to their fighting one another over her.  It's why she refused to go back to Troy and instead jumped at the chance for a new life on Themiscyra where her power wouldn't affect anyone.

But I did love the way she kicked ass and took names here.  While I'm not sure she'd be welcome as a regular next season (I can already hear the screams that would take place if she replaced Amaya as a Legend), I would love to see her pop up from time to time anytime the Legends need another kick-ass warrior, especially one who learns new fighting techniques and how to handle technologically advanced weaponry as fast as she does (she handled those six-shooters like a BOSS -- even Jonah Hex was impressed!).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

i did wonder why Helen didn’t just make all the men in the armies stop fighting.  

Helen doesn't control men, she just has an influence that, unchecked, drives them to fight each other over her.

Personally I think she did a good job of getting them to stop fighting by just killing the shit out of them.

• Love 10

How I imagine Constantine's entrance to have gone instead:

"Who's bloody idea was it to let Amaya go and Nate to stay? You 'ad the perfect opportunity to get rid of the blighter, and you bollocksed it up!"

Ah well, the only downer for an otherwise fun episode.

I guess they blew the budget on Beebo and all the other effects, so Ray couldn't have his Atom suit this ep. Great to see Helen kicking some butt; I still think it would be awesome if they have her be the mother (or ancestor) of Donna Troy (and kudos to Sakura12 for the idea!)

Hopefully this is truly the last we'll see of Damien Darhk. It was actually a nice note for him to go out on; NM toned down his campiness the last couple of eps and managed to bring some nuance to the character at last. If they could have kept this level to Darhk all along, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as annoyed that he overstayed his welcome.

I notice Rip cut Gideon off before she finished giving him the odds of his survival. Could there have been some kind of "0.00000001" percent chance of survival? If not, it was a good ending for him, too.

Wonder if Zari will ever get a chance to knock boots with Jonah? Now that his secret lover Rip is gone and Hexter is no more, he needs some lovin'.

Kind of weird that they had to pull a future Jax into the mix, but I expect it was more to give the audience a feeling of closure for the character. Which sadly means he probably won't be coming back to the show anytime soon. I'd actually grown fond of him, but he, too gets a good ending.

Speaking of endings, we now have love connections for just about everyone in the cast. Not Mick. When does he get to find his alien queen?

Amazing how this show went from the worst of the DCTV lineup to the best. Hope they can keep up the good work next season.

• Love 4
On 4/9/2018 at 6:31 PM, bettername2come said:

If I'd known the title beforehand, I would have seen the end coming before they started talking about unintentionally imagining something pure and good (nice Ghostbusters homage).

As they were creating "being of light #2" I actually found myself thinking, "They couldn't possibly have gotten the rights to use Stay-Puft, could they?" Beebo didn't even occur to me, so that was a surprise.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is Nora coming back???? Nora needs to come back so I can ship BR and his real life wife!!!! They have great chemistry!

Very entertaining finale. I loved that Ray got his own plot and managed to save Nora! 

I can't imagine her not coming back next season.  Aside from AvaLance, they are my favorite ship right now.

19 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

The character of Nate has grown on me. All of his background stuff and reactions while still tripping on ancestor juice were perfect. Not too much to be distracting, but hilarious if you were paying attention. 

I'll echo everyone else in my confusion over how this became both a good show and my fave of the Arrowverse.

Nick Zano really outdid himself in this episode. His reaction when Mallus corrected them about the pronounciation of "Malice" had me rolling. As did "I will NEVER stop calling it that." And the entire sequence of him visualizing Beebo? And another instance of him being high? And "oh snap, they have lazers?" I would say I can't believe how much I've come to love Nate, but this is the show that got me to love Damien Darkh, so loving Nate is not even that strange. I swear, part of this show's appeal is the wacky writing, but part of it is also the charm of the actors. They just make it all work. This season, Nate barely had an episode to himself, and they toned down some of his more annoying tendencies, but he was a solid supporting character and a good friend to many of the others (Mick, Zari and Wally especially, but also Ray and Sara, and even Damien, heh), and that's where he shone. Truly, this show keeps fixing what's wrong and improving what's already great. Kudos.

But, not gonna lie, I also fell in love with the idea of Nate and Amaya, somewhere along the way. I still haven't given up hope, and I really, really hope

Spoiler

Nate doesn't hook up with the new character Maisie will be playing, especially if it's an alternate Mari or just one of Amaya's descendants in general (although that would surely prove Nate is not the father),

but this was a very fitting ending for them, if it was the end. I really came to believe they were in love (especially when Nate interacted with old Amaya), and I enjoyed their unabashed freakiness, but I'm happy they both realized they needed to do the right thing in the end. Their goodbye kiss was very cinematic and very old school CW (hell, it was old school WB, which is high praise, heh), and Nate's "don't turn around" actually made me tear up. 

Same for "good" Kuasa with her grandma. So lovely. I loved the actress who played Kuasa and I really hope we see her again.

Weirdly, I also teared up watching Helen of Troy kicking ass. I really had the same reaction I had when I watched Wonder Woman. As viewers, we are starved of these types of battle sequences (led by amazing women), and this show has been a blessing, especially in that regard. 

18 hours ago, Lugal said:

Did anyone else notice when they arrived in the Old West right before they go into the saloon and Sara mentioned what they do next depending on how strong the whisky is, the disappointed looks from Wally (a speedster who can't get drunk) and Zari (a Muslim).  Great subtle job from Tala and Keiynan on that.

Yes! I must say I didn't think about Wally's predicament in that moment, but I definitely thought about Zari, and I'm so glad the show didn't ignore who she is, but instead acknowledged it in a funny way. Tala Ashe has been a highlight this season, and Zari is truly one of my favorite characters. And Wally, too, of course. Who really was stylin' in that outfit.

10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is Nora coming back???? Nora needs to come back so I can ship BR and his real life wife!!!! They have great chemistry!

Ray is officially banned from having a love interest who isn't Nora. His official love interests have always been terrible (across the Flarrowverse) and they've always reduced him to the worst aspects of his character, and the chemistry has rarely been there, but he and Nora have a spark, and I'd like to see it explored. But that's it! No more loverboy Raymond Palmer. Now that we got a good one, we should keep her (though preferably on a recurring basis and not as a Legend). Otherwise, Ray can stay single and enjoy his bromances with Mick and Nate.

Always great to see Jonah Hex. 

Gary and Constantine better be explicitly shown as actual fuck buddies or else!

Jax made me so nostalgic, and "Martina" hit me right in the feels.

Rip is not really dead. He just isn't. By the way, I teared up when Gideon called him Rip, and when he mentioned his family. Aw. I hope Arthur Darville comes back at least once, and I think he will.

Avalance was a little underwhelming, but appropriately so, because this episode wasn't about them. I must say, I love them, but the contrast between them and Nate/Amaya (a more developed relationship) was kind of stark. Thankfully, we have a whole season to further explore their connection. 

And I realize I haven't even mentioned Beebo yet. 

BEEBO! My jaw dropped when he first appeared, I started grinning when he came out to fight Mallus, and I didn't stop grinning until after the entire team hugged Mick. AMAZING. Best thing I have ever seen with my own two eyeballs. The Beebo quotes had me rolling, and the CGI was masterful, and the very idea of it all was just astoundingly perfect. I couldn't have dreamt of a more appropriate final battle. 

I love this show so goddamn much. I can't wait for Season 4. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

But, not gonna lie, I also fell in love with the idea of Nate and Amaya, somewhere along the way.  ... this was a very fitting ending for them, if it was the end. I really came to believe they were in love (especially when Nate interacted with old Amaya), and I enjoyed their unabashed freakiness, but I'm happy they both realized they needed to do the right thing in the end. Their goodbye kiss was very cinematic and very old school CW (hell, it was old school WB, which is high praise, heh), and Nate's "don't turn around" actually made me tear up. 

Unpopular opinion, but I was ok with Nate and Amaya.  He was just the right person to bring her up to speed on pop culture stuff and she was just goofy enough at times to receive it in the spirit it was given.  I am thinking of the George Lucas episode specifically.  I did think their ending was sweet and that they were really in love.  Those crazy kids. 

I'll put the rest under spoiler just in case....

Spoiler

My head wank on whatever new character Maisie is going to play on Season 4 is that they'll have her different enough from Amaya (hair, maybe allow her to use her British accent, attitude) so that even though she looks like Amaya Nate will realize very soon she just isn't.  They might play with it a little, but I think that it where it will ultimately go.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

Weirdly, I also teared up watching Helen of Troy kicking ass. I really had the same reaction I had when I watched Wonder Woman. As viewers, we are starved of these types of battle sequences (led by amazing women), and this show has been a blessing, especially in that regard. 

That's one of the reasons I wouldn't mind seeing Helen become a recurring character next season. There have been numerous complaints that Wonder Woman apparently doesn't exist in the Flarrowverse, and while Helen is no Diana of Themiscyra, she's close enough that she'd make a pretty good substitute if we can't have the real thing for whatever reason.  Heck, forget about Xena -- how about a Flarrowverse series about Helen of Troy, Warrior Princess?

• Love 2

If they keep Helen's backstory she is a Demi-God like Diana and her half-sister. I wouldn't mind Helen being on the show, that way we would kind get Wonder Woman without actually getting her. Helen can mention her sister Diana. Or as mentioned we can get her daughter/decedent Donna Troy. ;D

I kind just forget about Nate when he's not onscreen so I guess I'm okay with him. His relationship with Amaya is what annoyed me because they became so self involved with each other that they were just forget everyone else and the mission that we are needed for so we can screw. Their relationship seemed more based on their kinky sex life then love for me. 

I think if Gary and Constantine are a thing, poor Gary will get his heart broken by Constantine. With Sara in a relationship I think they want another flirty time traveler. 

• Love 4

The Beebo fight should have been ridiculous but he’s so cuddly I can’t hate, lol. I love him!

The flashbacks and Rip’s heartfelt goodbyes with both Sara and Gideon should have been proof that they were going to kill him for real but I didn’t want to believe it was going to happen at the beginning of the episode. I hope we’ll see him again. The time travel nature of the show should make it possible.

I wasn’t feeling Legends and Mallus lately but the last two episodes have been better. I really enjoyed this season finale.

Keiynan is having fun but I don’t think this show is treating him better than The Flash did. He’s still underused. I am not impressed because I was sure Legends was going to do justice to the character. I am also extremely bitter at the elitist undertones and the writers erasing or crapping on the West family. Do better!

• Love 2