Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I totally forgot to watch this.  I see by all the conversation here it must have been a really good episode lol.  I'll have to check it out On Demand.

I actually forgot that this episode was released. I was flipping through my On Demand as well and saw it. 

I watched this episode and enjoyed how it was written/produced, at least for Nattie. I didn’t care for Trinity and Jon’s storyline. Maybe their storyline felt too light compared against the severity of Nattie’s. I felt a weird anticipation throughout the episode like “ok, when is he going to die. Oh, he’s in this scene so not yet. “( I couldn’t remember which PPV his passing occurred around. ) When we switched to Trinity and Jon I did something else until Nattie returned.

Outside of Total Divas & Bellas and occasionally reading the Raw and Smackdown results I don’t pay attention to WWE news or rumors, so I don’t know if people were aware of her father’s condition. I was surprised when Nattie talked about her father having Alzheimer’s. Not only talking about the current struggles but their worries about his future. I felt more connected to the show than I have ever been in seasons. 

I liked how they showed Nattie and her father’s Summerslam entrances side-by-side. I also liked how the show addressed his death and the service. The momentos and stories were sweet. 

• Love 2
On 10/17/2018 at 3:37 PM, OnceSane said:

Episode 5:

Airs October 17, 2018.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:50 AM, rmontro said:

Hokey smokes, can Nattie come off any more like a jerk?  She practically drags Lana into dying her hair pink, pumps her up about how great it looks, and wham suddenly she hits her with "I don't like it".  With a big smirk on her face at that.  

I can see Lana's point about wanting to stand out.  Rumors are that the reason so many blondes get pushed to the top in the WWE is because Vince McMahon likes blondes.

I can't believe I still watch this ridiculous show. I just finished this episode. And I hope it was scripted, because if Nia actually lured her friends over for a "housewarming" party only to put them to work, and then bitched about how no one was "helping" her and she couldn't afford a professional so she was entitled to her friends' free labor, what a bitch. Also, super rude for her to direct her friends to sleep on the floor of her house while she ran off to her comfy bed. For some reason I kind of think that was legit, based on the fact it was Trinity complaining about it.

And yes, it was SO bitchy of Nattie to smugly tell her how shitty she looked, and then be like, it's just my opinion! Yeah, that no one asked for.

I guess I'm the only one here. But I'll still type my thoughts out anyways, as it would be selfish to keep them to myself :).

Finished the Lake Tahoe episode, and WOW, these girls are all the most obnoxious assholes ever. All of them. Even Nikki, who I usually have a soft spot for. I rolled my eyes so hard when Nikki said maybe she was just getting too old to enjoy all this drama. Hey Nikki, here's a hot newsflash: you know how you avoid drama? Maybe you don't instigate a "prank" regarding a loaded topic against the most high strung, insecure member of your squad, and if you do attempt the ill advised prank, maybe admit right away and smooth things over instead of watching it escalate and then run off with you sister and roll your eyes over all the drama YOU TWO started.

And why is Lana always held to a different standard than the other girls? Every time she has a dust up with one of these women, everyone is always telling her to be the bigger person, while the other Diva involved in the altercation is actually the one at fault, or at least the one more at fault. Paige is the one who threw a damn tantrum and way overreacted. Yet all the girls kiss her ass while Paige freaking sobs over a damn tweet that Lana made 3 years earlier? And while I think a lot of this drama is scripted, I don't think Paige was acting. She's a freaking loose cannon and I don't get why the girls always enable that shit.

• Love 4

Total Divas has started filming for season 9. 

Lana and Rusev are out. “Lana revealed that she and Rusev have been removed from the cast for being “strongly disliked” by the show’s viewers.” 

Sonya Deville is filming for TD. 

Ronda Rousey is a potential. Though using her in the background and for quick talks haven’t been bad. 

Source: https://www.sescoops.com/ronda-rousey-joins-total-divas-cast/ 

Edit: Paige and the Bellas will not be filming for season 9. Nikki will continue to produce Total Divas but both Bellas will focus on Total Bellas.

”The rest of the cast will feature Sonya Deville, Carmella, Natalya, Nia Jax, and Naomi. That means that those leaving the show include Paige, The Bella Twins, and Lana.” 

Source: https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1056075-nikki-brie-bella-total-divas-season-9

Edited by WarmSkull
More updates to the S09 cast.
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, WarmSkull said:

Total Divas has started filming for season 9. 

Lana and Rusev are out. “Lana revealed that she and Rusev have been removed from the cast for being “strongly disliked” by the show’s viewers.” 

Sonya Deville is filming for TD. 

Ronda Rousey is a potential. Though using her in the background and for quick talks haven’t been bad. 

Source: https://www.sescoops.com/ronda-rousey-joins-total-divas-cast/ 

Edit: Paige and the Bellas will not be filming for season 9. Nikki will continue to produce Total Divas but both Bellas will focus on Total Bellas.

”The rest of the cast will feature Sonya Deville, Carmella, Natalya, Nia Jax, and Naomi. That means that those leaving the show include Paige, The Bella Twins, and Lana.” 

Source: https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1056075-nikki-brie-bella-total-divas-season-9

Really?  And yet Natalya is still on the show?  I'm sorry but Natalya should've left after season 1.  Her antics and manufactured storylines are the worst.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 1

Episode 1:

"The Baddest Women on the Planet"

Ronda Rousey makes her debut; Ronda struggles with the pressures of when she's going to be a mother and put her career on hold; Nia lets her true feelings out on Carmella before a huge match at Royal Rumble, leaving Carmella in tears.

Airs October 2, 2019.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, WarmSkull said:

This sounds like BS to me.  Lana did play a villain on the show, so I could see that with her, but Rusev didn't.  The focus is on the women though, and the guys are basically window dressing.  Still, I think this is all part of whatever bias the WWE higher ups have against Rusev (and Lana), they don't push them on their wrestling shows either. 

As for the new episode, the show seems to have a different feel this year, not sure what it is exactly.  Seems darker and a little more serious.  Apparently Nia is now being scripted as the villain since Lana is out.  At least I hope she's being scripted, I would hate to think she really acts like that.

Carmella is a former Laker girl, so I'm sure she doesn't need help getting dates.  I think the point was more that she chooses the wrong men, which I don't find hard to believe.  I've always thought she had a very unusual looking face, but she has a very fit body, so that will always get her male attention.  She does have a reputation for not being a very strong wrestler, so Nia wasn't completely making that up. 

• Love 4
On 10/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, rmontro said:

This sounds like BS to me.  Lana did play a villain on the show, so I could see that with her, but Rusev didn't.  The focus is on the women though, and the guys are basically window dressing.  Still, I think this is all part of whatever bias the WWE higher ups have against Rusev (and Lana), they don't push them on their wrestling shows either. 

As for the new episode, the show seems to have a different feel this year, not sure what it is exactly.  Seems darker and a little more serious.  Apparently Nia is now being scripted as the villain since Lana is out.  At least I hope she's being scripted, I would hate to think she really acts like that.

Carmella is a former Laker girl, so I'm sure she doesn't need help getting dates.  I think the point was more that she chooses the wrong men, which I don't find hard to believe.  I've always thought she had a very unusual looking face, but she has a very fit body, so that will always get her male attention.  She does have a reputation for not being a very strong wrestler, so Nia wasn't completely making that up. 

it does feel different, not as light. ive always liked this show, even tho i dont ever watch WWE. but after last season im not sure ill keep watching. i havent really ever been a huge fan of any of the ladies, like oh shes my fav. but i miss paige and foxxys banter, in the way back seasons. the manufatured drama is to much. nia saying some fake lines about her not liking carmella was real fake. if the show is about empowering the girls why pit them against each other, i guess its to keep the drama for the fights seem kinda real? 

3 hours ago, Ashlyc said:

i havent really ever been a huge fan of any of the ladies, like oh shes my fav. but i miss paige and foxxys banter, in the way back seasons. the manufatured drama is to much. nia saying some fake lines about her not liking carmella was real fake. if the show is about empowering the girls why pit them against each other, i guess its to keep the drama for the fights seem kinda real? 

Yeah, having the girls catfight isn't exactly empowering, is it.

You said you don't watch WWE.  Really, the best girls aren't on this show.  Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Charlotte Flair, those are probably the best wrestlers.  They've got Rousey now, so that ups the credibility, but so far she's not really engaging with the others, out drinking with them lol.

Natalya's a pretty good wrestler (how could she not be with her family history), but she doesn't have a lot of charisma.

• Love 1

I only got about halfway through and had to shut it off. The amount of catty gossip and whining would have been a bit much for middle schoolers, let alone women who are approaching 40, Nattie. And for someone telling Nia to rein it in a bit, she sure was spreading the shit around herself.

Also, I know getting Ronda involved on Total Divas was quite the coup for them, but for me anyways the main appeal of Divas was the ensemble aspect, and it felt like The Ronda Show for every second that wasn't Carmela screeching and Nia giving the smug bitchy irritating look for the camera.

Husband said the Bellas were at the event at the beginning of the show, but I didn't even see a glimpse of them. Is he mistaken, or did the show intentionally edit around them? I couldn't even see them in the background.

I remember when that story hit about Carmella and Corey Graves, there was a definite scandal atmosphere to it.  I remember Carmella making her entrance on Raw and smiling and looking like she usually does.  If she was upset about what was going on (and I don't doubt that she was), she did a good job of hiding it.  Being professional and all, I guess.

Episode 2:

"All Is Fair In Love And War"

Carmella's new relationship is exposed and implicated as an affair; Sonya wins back her ex-girlfriend just in time to celebrate Pride where Sonya will be featured on her very own float; Natalya seeks to live on in her dad's legacy.

Aired October 8, 2019.

Episode 3:

"Rowdy Ronda"

Ronda Rousey invites Natalya to enjoy the simple life on her farm; Sonya attempts to start a feud with Ronda; Trinity performs in an underwater mermaid show; Carmella invites her new boyfriend, Corey Graves, to her 80s themed housewarming party.

Airs October 15, 2019.

I don't know if we are going to keep watching. Nia is seriously such a bitch and a shit stirrer this season. She way took Carmela's comments about Nikki Bella out of context.

I did appreciate for once Nattie defending Carmela right to Nia's face. Usually these girls allow the shit talker to continue to rant, only speaking up for the target after the ranter has left. It's very middle school. Trinity is the only one who ever has the integrity to speak up while someone is shit talking.

I wish Nia would just admit that she's super insecure and has a grudge against Carmela because Carmela wasn't friendly to her at NXT.

Also, I absolutely hate when someone is rude or snide constantly under the guise of not being "fake". It is not "fake" to be polite and professional, Nia. 

• Love 3

I liked Ronda's little song she sang in the truck:  "I la la la la la love you, Travis".  I think she made it up?  I can't remember which episode it was.

Last night was fairly drama free, with the mermaid show and Ronda's farm.  Looks like next week Nia is getting into it with Ronda though.  Not sure how smart that is.

God, these people, we can only watch about half an episode at a time before the cattiness and the general ridiculousness gets to be too much.

First off, Ronda is a bitch, plain and simple. No Ronda, a generic, "I'll kick you in the head" is not the same thing as belittling someone. If Ronda wants to privately scoff that Sonya is exaggerating her MMA career, fine. If Ronda thinks that everyone is picking fights with her in order to get attention, then the best course of action is to ignore. Her response though was cruel and immature. I never liked her on MMA because she's a poor sport who takes herself way too seriously. In other words, she fits right in at WWE.

• Love 1

Episode 4:

"Damage Control"

Tensions run high as Ronda Rousey makes bold moves to shake up the women's division; Trinity steps up to host her first ever girls' trip to Florida; Carmella visits Corey's hometown for the first time since their relationship was exposed.

Airs October 22, 2019.

Episode 5:

"The Real Ronda"

After Ronda posts an explosive video on social media which upsets the other female superstars, Ronda must find a way to prove that she's not the villain she's made out to be; Sonya worries her relationship is moving way too fast.

Airs October 29, 2019.

Episode 6:

"Mountainmania"

Worried she's not welcome in the locker room, Ronda Rousey invites the female superstars to her mountain cabin for some much needed bonding time; Sonya turns every activity into a heated competition; Carmella sneaks away with her boyfriend.

Airs November 5, 2019.

LOL at Nattie putting peanut butter on herself to make the dog like her!  Wasn't she just complaining about the last time she was at Ronda's that dog was always in her crotch?

Good to see Paige.  I miss her.  I don't think the new "characters" are really holding my attention like the others did.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, carrin817 said:

LOL at Nattie putting peanut butter on herself to make the dog like her!  Wasn't she just complaining about the last time she was at Ronda's that dog was always in her crotch?

Reminds you of the old joke about tying a pork chop around someone so the dog would play with her.  She did say that about her crotch, was she putting peanut butter down there too?  And by the way, I love cats, but Nattie is wrong, cats don't always use the litter box.

I really liked Ronda's mountain cabin.  Is it off the grid, or off the grid capable?  She kept talking about all self-sustaining, self-renewing stuff, and about an impending disaster and our antibiotics not working any more, etc.  Nice that she apogized to Sonya.  I was also impressed that Nattie could pull back the bow string when Sonya couldn't.  

I kind of wondered about her workout routine.  It looked like they ran to a top of a hill, and then in the snow started doing some kettlebell and medicine ball training, or whatever it was.  I wondered how those kettlebells got up there?  Does she just leave them up there in the weather for that purpose?  Or does she drag them out there, set them down, run back down the hill, then go back and put the kettlebells away?  Seemed odd.

Episode 7:

"I Will Prevail"

With WrestleMania just around the corner, Sonya learns she will be making history with the first LGBTQ storyline; Natalya vies for her first WrestleMania moment in an attempt to honor her late father and the legacy he left behind.

Airs November 12, 2019.

Episode 8:

"35 Years in the Making"

In the first WrestleMania headlined by women, Ronda gives everything she has in what could be her last match; the Bellas wonder if it's their time to come back as a tag-team; Natalya prepares to give the ultimate tribute to her father.

Aired November 19, 2019.

Interesting watching those Wrestlemania highlights.  I remember being happy and surprised that Sarah Logan won that battle royal, but I was also suspicious, thinking there was no way they were going to have her win.  Sure enough, out popped Carmella to ruin the moment and take the win.

I don't now if Ronda will be back or not, but I think she did a great job during her time in WWE.  Her contribution put a lot of focus on the women's division and enabled a lot of what happened.  She made some mistakes but you could tell she was dedicated, embraced the job, and put in the work.

I enjoyed watching this to get to know Ronda as a real person.  We have watched UFC & Ultimate Fighter & she was always portrayed as so mean & aggressive.

The show must be losing rating to bring Bri & Nicki in for a meaningless segment just to face time Nia.

The more I watch the more Nattie gets on my last nerve.  She feels so entitled to be a part of everything.  Yes, you might have been part of the first wave of women in the WWE but now it's time to let the other girls shine.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

I have to say this. Graves is not my type, face tattoos! No thanks! But there is something about him. I think he is so hot! Now I said it, I feel better.

He is very good-looking, but I fear I'd have to fight him for mirror time.

• LOL 1

OMG...this show is hilarious...you KNOW it's totally scripted, the drama of fake but to everyone's point, it's getting extremely annoying with Mattie and her shinning and lying and her apperant socially awkward sister living with her and TJ . I mean who does that!!!??? Invites their sister to move into their new house and NOT ask their husband if it's ok...so I'll just tell a " white" lie and say she's staying for a few days to help out. That's when you know you've married the wrong person. And Foxy man...that click is in need of some serious therapy. She just pops into WWE divas from nowhere and all of a sudden has issues with 2 of the girls cause she thinks her spot will be taken...I just see that as immature and jealousy and her insecurities oozing out and all I have to say is if you're not pretty on the inside, it doesn't matter how pretty you are on the outside cause all I see is a hole gotta ugly goin on!!!  At least the Bellas are there to hold down the fort and Trinity as well Or this whole show would be in trouble. I can see why Ronda Rowsey left...cause of all the unnecessary drama. And at the end of the day it's supposed to be not JUST about their lives out of the ring but IN the ring! And just one more thing...while I do think that Eva is in it for all the opportunities being a WWE Diva affords at the end of the day she did do the hard work to up her game as a wrestler and it was Mark who caused this whole thing by telling Nattie that Eva was training in L.A. instead of NXT( which btw was decided because of a health situation that Eva was experiencing) Like he knew Nattie can't keep her mouth shut...she then went into the girls locker room and told everyone and then the drama ensues with Foxy getting bent outta shape and Brie thinking she'd been lied to...hot mess CAUSED by Mark!!!! Is all I'm saying.

• Love 1

Rewatching from the start and am late in season 3. Reminded that I've never enjoyed Nattie. She is sooooo envious of any opportunity another girl gets and always thinks she deserves it more. While she certainly has the foundational wrestling skills, and is an attractive women by real world standards, she isn't nearly as charismatic or model-hot as most of the other divas. She's an unsatisfied, unhappy, controlling, granny-panty wearing prude that sucks the joy out everything. When an opportunity comes her way she is happy for two seconds before she decides it's not quite enough or as good as someone else is getting. It is extremely tiring to watch someone who is always such a downer

• Useful 1
  • Love 1