Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Did Maryse wrestle in her previous stint with WWE or has she always been just a valet? 

Wikipedia says she held the Divas championship for 7 months back in like 2008/9, so yes. But I don't think she ever wrestled once she left wwe.

I can normally tolerate reality show drama pretty well, but watching these people squabbling over trying to promote their pets as celebrities in their own rights left me kind of nauseated.  People taking meetings so their dogs and cats can be famous and have their own businesses?  It's a little too much for me. 

• Love 1

This episode was soooooooo stupid. 

If I was Nikki, I would retire. I would be so afraid of hurting my neck again or even something worse happening. 

I cannot stand Maryse and Mike. They come off so scripted. I never could stand Mike when he was on The Real World either.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mike got a woman like Maryse.  I think he's still trying to figure it out, too.  I think the fact that she is French plays into it, being from another country can make things a little more exotic.

The Superstars take New York by storm during Summerslam week. Nicole comes to terms with not being able to make the comeback of her dreams. Summer Slam gets thrown into disarray when Eva becomes suspended days before the event.

LOL I didn't even see 5 guys ..just Miz and The Uso guy and of course Mr. Belding.  Mix looks like a  lot of fun.  He also seems to be a sweetie. 

I wonder where Rusev was during this whole thing.  He wasn't injured.  I was at Summer Slam.

The Bellas didn't bother me as much as they usually do.

12 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

LOL I didn't even see 5 guys ..just Miz and The Uso guy and of course Mr. Belding.  Mix looks like a  lot of fun.  He also seems to be a sweetie. 

I wonder where Rusev was during this whole thing.  He wasn't injured.  I was at Summer Slam.

The Bellas didn't bother me as much as they usually do.

How could you forget about Screech?  Aka the Big Show

The difference in time from filming (provided we believe what they show us) and actual real time sometimes blows my mind. I mean, there's no way that pregnancy test that Brie took was the test because after all this "we want to get pregnant" drama, the reactions were really subdued. But she gave birth this week to Birdie - and the least said about that name, the better - and at the end of this episode, she was 3+ weeks. I don't expect it to be totally current but when something like that happens to blatantly point out the time difference, it always makes me do a dog-like head tilt.

Funny thing is, I know when Summerslam is, since it would be my birthday splurge during the Attitude Era and the Invasion angle, but that doesn't give me the same dissonance as Brie's pregnancy. 

• Love 1
On 5/1/2017 at 1:37 PM, DkNNy79 said:

Did Maryse wrestle in her previous stint with WWE or has she always been just a valet? 

Maryse was actually the longest reigning Divas champ for years until 2014 when AJ Lee surpassed her record.   Then after AJ Lee left (seriously that story is a reality show in itself see: CM Punk, her husband and why he left), Nikki Bella surpassed it then dropped it to Charlotte.  The belt was retired in 2016.  So, yes, Maryse wrestles.  She has a sick ddt. 

On 4/29/2017 at 2:10 PM, Suzy123 said:

Is Nikki still popular in the WWE world or have other women surpassed her?

She's popular in that she sells gear, gets cheered for her entrance.  But Bayley, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte, Sasha Banks have definitely surpassed her.  Naomi has now too, as she is the champ on SD.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, Tatum said:

Wait, Eva Marie is for sure gone from WWE?

No one knows for sure.  Just that Lana has a weird mashup of her old gimmick, Eva no longer posts anything WWE related nor seems to be connected to them via social media.  She has also dyed her hair back to black.  

Also, Paige is clear to return.  They just don't have anything for her.  Shrug.

Alexa & Nia?  That will be interesting, especially since Nia isn't too happy with her booking right now.  Maybe she agreed to do it because she thought the show would help with a real push.

• Love 1
On 6/9/2017 at 2:03 PM, OnceSane said:

Alexa & Nia?  That will be interesting, especially since Nia isn't too happy with her booking right now.  Maybe she agreed to do it because she thought the show would help with a real push.

They have officially announced Carmella this week for Total Divas as well.  

She's SD Ms Money in the Bank, a former NFL cheerleader, real life gf of Big Cass on Raw, paired with a dude with no chin on SD.  She's a second gen wrestler as well.  Her dad was a jobber in the 80s/90s.  

I think Nia was picked for family reasons and she's bff with Alexa irl.  I hope they delve into Alexa' s rl story because she's a survivor.  

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

http://people.com/tv/dwts-season-25-drew-scott-nikki-bella-join/

Which makes this:

http://www.eonline.com/ca/shows/total_divas/news/846269/nikki-bella-turns-down-dancing-with-the-stars-offer-to-focus-on-wwe-i-want-my-comeback-to-be-in-that-ring

proof that TD is completely staged. I'll still watch. But none of it is real. 

(The first article is from this week, the second from back in April)

Why hasn't Nikki been wrestling?  I thought she was cleared from her neck injury?  It seems like she's been focusing on her other business ventures for most of the year.  Is she still injured?

2 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Why hasn't Nikki been wrestling?  I thought she was cleared from her neck injury?  It seems like she's been focusing on her other business ventures for most of the year.  Is she still injured?

She isn't injured, she was in a match at Wrestlemania; I assume she's busy basking in what little glow she gets off Cena's fame.  And now she'll be busy with DWTS.

On 24/09/2017 at 2:30 AM, Watermelon said:

Now that Maryse is pregnant it's probably best she's away. Keeps her away from easy jokes one could make about her future.

SAY WHAAAATTTTT??!?!?!!111

What rock was I/am I living under to not have come across this?

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

SAY WHAAAATTTTT??!?!?!!111

What rock was I/am I living under to not have come across this?

Miz announced it two weeks ago on RAW (during Miz TV, Maryse was there).  Also, Maria Kanellis is pregnant…it was announced today.

• Love 1

The WWE announces its first ever Money in the Bank ladder match for the women's superstar division; Nikki mentors Nattie and Lana in hopes of becoming Smackdown GM; Nia Jax makes a bad impression when she questions Maryse's history in the WWE.

7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Right? Friggin ridiculous.  My heart did go out to Nattie about her fear of heights in the ring and I wonder how much her uncle's death plays into that fear. 

I was thinking the same thing, and I’m sure TJ getting injured didn’t help. 

I’m bored with the Bellas. I’m hoping that their appearance in the show will be minimal since neither woman is currently wrestling. 

Besides the fact that they don't wrestle they have their own show.  Enough of the Bellas.  I'd like to see what goes on behind the scenes with all of the women who wrestle.  The Bellas end up taking over..ugh.

• Love 1

The bellas are sooooo boring. I want a Trinity and Jon show. They are hilarious together, and so cute. 

Maryse and Mike are so damn annoying. They both are so smug. 

Edited by Hero
  • Love 5

Funny I actually am mainly watching this show cause the bellas. They are my fave out of the cast and I do watch their other show. I find Trinity and Jon so over the top and try hard they annoy me.

Miz cracked me when he was having that talk with Maryse. Just the end of the convo lol.

• Love 2

That Maryse/Nia thing was wtf. I like Maryse, but what the hell?  "Have you been in a gauntlet match" is NOT equal to "Do you know what one is?" Methinks Maryse was feeling a little insecure. It's not on Nia to know Maryse's total career history. 

Love Alexa/Nia already. Miss Renee. Can't wait to hear Carmella's thoughts on MITB.

• Love 1

I'd take the Bellas over Nattie and her parents trying to be "zany" any day. I find Nattie so irritating the way she's always manufacturing storylines just to stay relevant, and everything is a to do with her.

2 hours ago, The Ascension said:

That Maryse/Nia thing was wtf. I like Maryse, but what the hell?  "Have you been in a gauntlet match" is NOT equal to "Do you know what one is?" Methinks Maryse was feeling a little insecure. It's not on Nia to know Maryse's total career history.

I couldn't tell with the context...my husband and I watched together and he thought Nia was subtly being bitchy- like maybe she knew Maryse had been in a gauntlet match before, but was pretending Maryse' actual match record was so unmemorable that really she didn't know/remember. Or that she was trying to give the impression that she assumed Maryse had always been a glorified valet, even many years ago.  But either way, Maryse WAY overreacted, and I agree she came off as very insecure. Even if Nia was being bitchy (and I don't necessarily believe she was) a simple, "yeah, I've been with the WWE since 2005 and we always had gauntlet matches, which I was involved in until I left in 2013" or whatever would have answered Nia's question, allowed Maryse to brag about her experience, and maybe made Nia feel a little uneducated about the WWE. Instead, Maryse just looks like a psycho.

Also, not too impressed with the Miz throwing gasoline on to that fire. But I guess it's to be expected with his maturity and professionalism levels.

ETA: Nia totally cracked me up when she was like, well, I learned two things today. One, I need to study up on Maryse's WWE career, and two...(not sure of the actual wording here because I was too busy laughing at number 1)...I need to be more sensitive with the other girls, or something to that effect.

Speaking of, while these girls seem to mostly get along, I have to imagine it's completely draining being around this group all day. Seems like someone is always getting her feelings hurt or feels like she's being treated unfairly. I think I'd always feel like I was walking on eggshells.

Edited by Tatum

The ladies celebrate the success of their historic ladder match, but Lana's performance suffers intense scrutiny; Maryse's fashion makeover triggers Alexa's painful past; Nattie, who hates babies, is tasked to babysit Brie's newborn.

I feel sorry for Lana.  I'm sure there was room for improvement there.  Hopefully they'll let her wrestle some time in the future.

Baby Birdie is soooo cute.  Trinity was very good with her but you can also tell Natalya has no experience with babies at all.

As far as Maryse and Alexa what was up with that outfit she picked out for Alexa was terrible.  I do think Maryse has a great sense of style but Alexa is not the tallest so I didn't think that dress worked.  Anyway I can't even see Maryse wearing that dress.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:42 AM, The Ascension said:

That Maryse/Nia thing was wtf. I like Maryse, but what the hell?  "Have you been in a gauntlet match" is NOT equal to "Do you know what one is?" 

Yeah, she completely overreacted.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I actually doubt that Maryse has ever been in a gauntlet match, they're not that common, especially among the women.  And if she has, chances are she wasn't the one who was running the gauntlet.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Hero said:

Was the reason they wanted Lana to stop wrestling was because she wasn't very good? It seems like they didn't really give her a reason. 

They didn't give a reason, other than that they decided to go in a different direction.  Which, really, makes some sense.  When I first heard about Lana wrestling, my first thought was "why?".  Kind of like Nia was trying to say, she didn't really need it, her character was already successful.  They should have kept her with Rusev as a manager though, IMO.

Nia and Alexa are really cute together.

Apparently Nia's ongoing plotline is that she offends people with her comments, that I guess are not intended the way they are taken.  There seems to be a pattern developing here.

I love Alexa's style! That plotline was just very fake. It's been done on like every sitcom. Girl gets style makeover, girl decides/realizes she's great the way she is and goes back to original style. Alexa's battle with an eating disorder is just all too real and very inspiring. I hope it resonates with those who may have needed it. 

Lana/Rusev were an amazing on-screen pair. Man, in late 2014? 2015? Lana had those crowds eating out of the palm of her hand and she emanated strength and power. Nia was right, she didn't need to wrestle. I miss that 2015 Lana. She was so powerful, and the 2017 Lana is not at all the same (although it does seem more like who she really is.)

Interestinggg how they totally skipped over the MITB controversy. 

• Love 1

Trinity goes behind WWE's back and alters her championship in order to give it a glow; Lana pulls a stunt by posting a photo that could get her fired; Brie recruits Nikki to go on a road trip to San Diego with a breastfeeding infant in the car.

That Mark Carrano guy came off as kind of a jerk in this episode.  First, he sides with Maryse and tells Alexis she needs to dress classier so she can represent being the champion better.  Oddly, this all seems to be forgotten once Alexis decides she doesn't want to.

Then she tells Lana that she won't be wrestling anymore, because that was the decision that was made.  Maybe he was just giving it to her straight, but you'd think he could have given her a few words of reassurance, that it wasn't because she was terrible, or that she did a good job considering the amount of training she had.  Seems like the way it was left would undermine her confidence..

10 hours ago, rmontro said:

That Mark Carrano guy came off as kind of a jerk in this episode.  First, he sides with Maryse and tells Alexis she needs to dress classier so she can represent being the champion better.  Oddly, this all seems to be forgotten once Alexis decides she doesn't want to.

Then she tells Lana that she won't be wrestling anymore, because that was the decision that was made.  Maybe he was just giving it to her straight, but you'd think he could have given her a few words of reassurance, that it wasn't because she was terrible, or that she did a good job considering the amount of training she had.  Seems like the way it was left would undermine her confidence..

I thought he was pretty harsh with Lana as well. I wonder if WWE caught a lot of flack for the whole Eva Marie debacle and decided to cut their losses earlier from now on. But even if Lana totally sucked at wrestling (did she?) she was trying really hard and obviously taking her training really seriously and Mark could have been a little gentler in his approach.

Did I hear wrong, or when Nattie came up to him earlier in the episode, did he greet her with, what's bothering you today, Nattie? If so, that's hilarious as every time Nattie has approached him on earlier episodes it's to bitch about something.

Also agree it's not his place to tell Alexa she has to dress up on her off time. It's one thing to tell her she represents the WWE and to not do anything like get into bar fights or drunk driving charges, or maybe he has a right to tell her to dress up for WWE events, but if she's just walking around her neighborhood, she can wear whatever she wants.  I was surprised to see Maryse was pretty gracious when Alexa told her she wasn't interested in a makeover. Also, was Maryse planning on buying clothes for Alexa? Because it's pretty bossy to take someone upscale designer clothes shopping and tell them what to pay. Some of those dresses were probably hundreds or thousands of dollars.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

She did, but she had only trained for a couple months.

Yeah, I'm sure no one expected her to be the Fabulous Moolah after a few months training.  If they did, they weren't being fair to her.

Yeah, that seems really unfair. It would fine to say they are going to wait on featuring her on any more matches or storylines until she's had some more training, but it sounds like they are pulling her training as well. So, not only are they saying she sucks, they are taking away her chance to get any better.  Not a very nice way to treat a dedicated employee.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:58 AM, Tatum said:

Did I hear wrong, or when Nattie came up to him earlier in the episode, did he greet her with, what's bothering you today, Nattie? If so, that's hilarious as every time Nattie has approached him on earlier episodes it's to bitch about something.

You heard correctly! That said, I freakin' love Nattie and the fact that she is a proud cat lady! (I'm a doggie mama myself, so I especially don't understand why Nattie and TJ let those cats walk all over their kitchen counters) 

I also think Mark Carrano is a bit more pissy this season (only two whole episodes in, I know), but he needs to take something that is probably not on the approved list of WWE OTC meds and relax!