Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

This series is scraping for drama.

I know, and it's so unnecessary. I'm not even a WWE fan and I was curious at getting a behind the scenes look at this and instead all I get is a bunch of manufactured relationship drama. I haven't seen any indication that anyone is in the least bit interested in Nattie and TJ's marriage, yet the keep coming up with "zany" storylines- which are not only boring but also means we get stuck watching Nattie's irritating parents.

I'm equally disinterested in Eva's body image, family, marriage, and alcohol issues. I am okay with episodes dealing with body image (like with Nikki in the first season) because these girls do walk around scantily clad and open themselves up to a lot of public criticism and dealing with that IS relevant to working for the WWE, but when it was Eva, it was more just a classic case of an insecure girl fishing for compliments.

I applaud them for getting rid of Rosa and cutting back Ariane's screentime, but I am not liking the tradeoff of Paige, Foxy, and more Nattie and Eva. Nattie and Foxy are okay in small doses but I wish Eva and Paige would just go away.

There has got to be someone in the diva division besides Trinity and the Bellas that is interesting and cool, but you wouldn't know it from watching this season.

• Love 1

So, Paige is screaming like a lunatic in the restaurant. Alicia throws a drink in Trin's face. Naomi gets angry, and she's the one who gets told to leave the premises? WTF?

You know if Nikki wasn't asking about Bryan, they'd be calling her selfish.  Nikki can't win. 

Nattie always looks like an asshole, and TJ looks like a saint. "My lying is coming from a good place." Your sister moving in and thousands of dollars of repairs are not small white lies. Loved the Bellas telling her she's wrong. "They are on TJ's side." What a child. 

• Love 1

I did laugh at this:

Nattie: And Cat Fancy never wanted Louie, Makaveli or 2Pawz in their magazine. I made up a cover letter, sent it to WWE and they never ever even offered me anything.

TJ: We'll talk about it later.

He just said it so seriously.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 3

There has got to be someone in the diva division besides Trinity and the Bellas that is interesting and cool, but you wouldn't know it from watching this season.

I keep wondering why they haven't made emma a full time cast member yet, and I refuse to believe the speculation that it's because she's hardly on the main shows (despite being one of the better female wrestlers imo), because then that begs the question of why were rosa, eva or summer rae on the show either, and even cameron/ariane. rosa hasn't done shit for years, summer rae occasionally wrestles, but mainly is in the bitchy valet mode, ariane has all but disappeared after the funkadactyls split, and well, eva, we all know why she's still there....

as for trinity's struggle with being a "bad girl", i actually was a teeny bit interested in that because as a wrestling fan, it's something i had wondered in the past - how a wrestler finds out they're turning, and how they handle it. i remember watching that Raw episode where she turned on paige and the shows after that and could tell she wasn't 100% comfortable with being a heel, after being face for so long in her career. she's gotten somewhat better at it, esp nowadays with having tamina and sasha banks with her (esp sasha banks, who's quite an awesome heel character). and it was funny how she referred to her husband jon knowing about it because he debuted as a heel. i totally forgot that the usos (with tamina) started out as a heel tag team; it's not something one could believe watching their smiley good guy face stint of the last few years. and funnily enough, they debuted by attacking the main tag team at the time, the hart dynasty, a team that included TJ and nattie along with her cousin DH smith. it all comes together!

i know, i know, my wrestling fangirlness is showing. i apologize for nothing :-)

Edited by kaydub
  • Love 2

it's also mainly out of habit from working with each other. especially with wrestlers who've been at it for decades; they become almost one with the character because that's what they're known as everywhere (hulk hogan being a primary example).

• Love 1

I think you all are smarter than whoever produces this show.  It would be infinitely more interesting to see the real back show story of the Divas instead of the manufactured reality show we have now.  It is a world so different from that of most of us that I think it would be one people would have some interest in, but, mostly, that's not what we get.  I love cats but, Nattie, could you go away for awhile? 

I know. I am not the least bit interested in watching wrestling (husband is a long time fan, but I feel no urge to check out Monday Night Raw when he has it on even though I watch Divas every week), but I find the lifestyle of a wrestler fascinating. I have so many questions, like, do the wrestlers have their own training plans or do they follow a WWE mandated one? Are the wrestlers, especially the women, pressured to maintain a certain physique (I mean, can they be asked to lose weight)? When they travel, do they pay for their own accommodations, or does WWE pay it? They frequently mention the insane travel, who is covering airfare and hotel 250 days a year? How do they decide who gets more exposure and ring time? Is there required training time and media time? Are they expected to be "on" every time they go out in public? Are there public conduct rules (like for the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders)? These are all questions that COULD be covered during the show. I'd love to see some actual training sessions (and I don't just mean technical wrestling training, I mean, like general physical fitness that I'm sure they have to do on their own time, like weight training and cardio), and a glimpse of what it's like to travel to various cities multiple times a week.

Instead, we get a collection of, save for Trinity, the largest group of famewhores E! could find, willing to act ridiculous on camera for the sake of getting a larger E! and WWE storyline. Nattie and Eva must seriously have no pride, willing to pimp out their marriages, their family dysfunction, etc. in order to get more camera time. I think Nikki is kind of a famewhore too, but I find her at least somewhat charismatic and fun to watch, unlike anyone else on this show. If it weren't for the fact that every other show I watch is currently on hiatus, I'd probably give up on Divas.

I know. I am not the least bit interested in watching wrestling (husband is a long time fan, but I feel no urge to check out Monday Night Raw when he has it on even though I watch Divas every week), but I find the lifestyle of a wrestler fascinating. I have so many questions, like, do the wrestlers have their own training plans or do they follow a WWE mandated one? Are the wrestlers, especially the women, pressured to maintain a certain physique (I mean, can they be asked to lose weight)? When they travel, do they pay for their own accommodations, or does WWE pay it? They frequently mention the insane travel, who is covering airfare and hotel 250 days a year? How do they decide who gets more exposure and ring time? Is there required training time and media time? Are they expected to be "on" every time they go out in public? Are there public conduct rules (like for the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders)? These are all questions that COULD be covered during the show. I'd love to see some actual training sessions (and I don't just mean technical wrestling training, I mean, like general physical fitness that I'm sure they have to do on their own time, like weight training and cardio), and a glimpse of what it's like to travel to various cities multiple times a week.

Instead, we get a collection of, save for Trinity, the largest group of famewhores E! could find, willing to act ridiculous on camera for the sake of getting a larger E! and WWE storyline. Nattie and Eva must seriously have no pride, willing to pimp out their marriages, their family dysfunction, etc. in order to get more camera time. I think Nikki is kind of a famewhore too, but I find her at least somewhat charismatic and fun to watch, unlike anyone else on this show. If it weren't for the fact that every other show I watch is currently on hiatus, I'd probably give up on Divas.

These are all the questions I have, too! This show is way too manufactured and answers none of this questions.

On another note, I seriously can't stand Nattie's voice. Especially when she says "T.J."

• Love 1

I most certainly wouldn't know all those answers for certain, but I know WWE is only a larger force than the indies in that, in the indies, wrestlers are left to their own devices in terms of travel, accommodation's, feeding, etc. the employers are only responsible for booking them and giving them their character and story for the show. I've read enough wrestlers biography's over the years of their years in the indies to get that idea lol. but for the WWE itself, from what I've read, they don't have to follow any specific health/diet plan, rather that of course, they are expected to stay in peak condition to do their job. they are fed catering at the shows and as far as I know most times traveling is handled by the WWE, but wrestlers are responsible for their own vehicle rentals from airports and hotel stays, which is why some just drive to the next town after a show is done. I could be wrong tho, seeing as I don't live their lives - thank god, i'd lose my mind lol. I remember an interview with a recent wrestler where he said he's constantly swollen in the ankles/legs cos of the different air pressures and altitudes of different places and the constant flying.

TPTB in the WWE (primarily, vince McMahon) ultimately decides who gets the most exposure ("push") depending on numerous factors such as merch sales, work rate, response from the crowd, dependability, ability to make whatever is given to them work and get "over", etc. although there is a common knowledge that some get pushed because they fall into a category of what vince McMahon sees for wrestlers - big, muscular, or even has THE LOOK, pointing recently at roman reigns, who I admit is a beautiful man lol. but this is mainly for the male wrestlers, not the Divas. wrestlers have media time, radio and podcast interviews, TV appearances, appearing at events the WWE is pimping out (like the be a star campaign for example).

and i'm done lol

TPTB in the WWE (primarily, vince McMahon) ultimately decides who gets the most exposure ("push") depending on numerous factors such as merch sales, work rate, response from the crowd, dependability, ability to make whatever is given to them work and get "over", etc. although there is a common knowledge that some get pushed because they fall into a category of what vince McMahon sees for wrestlers

I sort of figured that, but I'm still scratching my head over the WWE's insane investment into Eva Marie. Yes, she's a pretty woman, but that is literally ALL she brings to the table. She is not a good athlete, she is not charismatic, she is not smart, she has no real skills- it seems to me like the WWE could have found a more talented woman who also happens to be very attractive. It does not appear she is that popular with the fans- is it just a thing with the sponsors who happen to like her? I'm baffled.

So, if I am reading the above right, the WWE pays for airfare and food at the shows, and the wrestlers have to pay for their own hotels and ground transportation? That would get pretty damn expensive for some of the minor WWE characters who still frequently travel. I notice they do stay at Holiday Inns a lot.

I sort of figured that, but I'm still scratching my head over the WWE's insane investment into Eva Marie. Yes, she's a pretty woman, but that is literally ALL she brings to the table. She is not a good athlete, she is not charismatic, she is not smart, she has no real skills- it seems to me like the WWE could have found a more talented woman who also happens to be very attractive. It does not appear she is that popular with the fans- is it just a thing with the sponsors who happen to like her? I'm baffled.

So, if I am reading the above right, the WWE pays for airfare and food at the shows, and the wrestlers have to pay for their own hotels and ground transportation? That would get pretty damn expensive for some of the minor WWE characters who still frequently travel. I notice they do stay at Holiday Inns a lot.

believe me, there are MANY wrestling fans who still wonder the same thing with eva. I think it's mainly the numerous sponsors and maybe a power-that-bes backstage who are high on her, and I know there are SOME fans out there who like her (I browse a wrestling forum, and she's got some hardcore fans there, don't ask why), but most fans dislike her for her personality, her lack of wrestling ability, the fact that she seems to be using the exposure of being in the WWE as a stepping stone to further a "Hollywood" career and the fact that she's hogging a spot that could go to a more trained female wrestler who WANTS to be there and has the experience and knowledge to do her job. it's annoying to me, and i'm not as hardcore a fan of wrestling as the members of the IWC. the only thing i'll say in eva's defense - which makes me feel dirty - is the thing everyone - including the bella's as we saw a few episodes ago - rags on eva about, the bella's pretty much did at first. they hardly wrestled, were mainly valets and pretty eye candy for the first several years of their careers in the WWE, they left (supposedly to do Hollywood) and then came back suddenly dating two of the top guys in the company and boom, suddenly they're all about wrestling. which good for them, but was kinda like "took you long enough". but I don't care either way about the bellas, and i'm getting off track lol.

like I said, I don't know if that's for sure if that's what the WWE pays for vs what the wrestlers must handle themselves. that's just what I've read from different wrestlers biographies over the years. I think it varies, like I think for overseas tours, accomodations are taken care of, but for shows in the states/Canada, some of it is on the wrestlers. hence why a lot carpool travel together.

I've been watching wrestling my whole life and I can't figure that one out.  There is a girl down in NXT named Alexa Bliss who is gorgeous. If they were looking for someone in that Eva spot, it should have been her. She can already wrestle, she's got charisma, she's only 24. Then again there's another girl down there, Dana Brooke, who I see nothing in, and they love her too. 

I absolutely believe if Eva wasn't on Total Divas she'd be long gone. I can't figure out any other reason why they keep her around and invest in her.  I've never heard who it is behind the scenes that is on her side. She was hired specifically for Total Divas.

• Love 2

is the thing everyone - including the bella's as we saw a few episodes ago - rags on eva about, the bella's pretty much did at first. they hardly wrestled, were mainly valets and pretty eye candy for the first several years of their careers in the WWE, they left (supposedly to do Hollywood) and then came back suddenly dating two of the top guys in the company and boom, suddenly they're all about wrestling.

Yeah, I could definitely see that. Even now, I don't see how Nikki can bitch about Eva's Hollywood ambition with a straight face when we just WATCHED her meet with an agent and consider leaving the WWE for a Hollywood career. Ariane also strikes me as someone who just wants to be famous without the real wrestling ambition.

I still hold Nikki in higher esteem than Eva because I find her somewhat likeable and relatable. She's able to laugh at herself and occasionally says funny things. Eva Marie has the personality of a hairbrush and can barely string a coherent sentence together (at least not without saying "like" and "you know" about a 1,000 times), also, she's manipulative as hell, always crying whenever her husband calls her out on her bullshit. And she's seriously dumb.

Nikki comes off as pretty vapid, but I actually think she's smarter than she lets on, and I would say she's the more intelligent Bella Twin (I am pretty sure 99% of what comes out of Brie's mouth is something Daniel Bryan said and she's just repeating it).

And I kind of love Nikki for that confrontation with Eva and it flips to her talking head where she gives this WTF head shake and then says (about Eva), what a phony ass bitch. It just cracked me up.

i'm not the biggest fan of nikki, or brie for that matter, never was, because of how they came off in the past when they seemed like they were just "there". they were both pretty terrible wrestlers back in the day, but will give them credit for stepping up and improving (more nikki than brie), while at the same time, i just find it funny that it took them like, 6 years to improve... but whatever, I don't actively dislike them, just their not my preferred female wrestlers lol. eva, on the other hand, is just ridiculously vapid and stupid. I agree, her "like" and "you know" said multiple times in one sentence drives me batshit, and I really wish they would just get rid of her. she brings nothing to the show at all.

unfortunately, there are Divas in the WWE who are merely there for similar things as eva, or they got recruited cos they were hot, and were thrown into the training with no experienced, while there are TONS of female wrestlers in the indies who've been at it for YEARS.

Edited by kaydub

You might think this is a joke, but when John Laurinaitus was head of talent development, he picked girls from a swimsuit catalog and they'd call their managers to have them come & meet with them. Alicia Fox was one of those. 

I still laugh when I think of Mark saying Eva had a "unique acting ability" - if she could act, she'd have been put into one of their movies. Paige & Summer have been. The Bellas did voices for the Flintstones movie they made. Eva has done nothing, aside from her fake crying on Total Divas. (Watch when she cries, she is poking herself in the corner of her eye)

I also saw that Eva says she was in a few TV shows, like CSI:NY, Entourage & America's Got Talent. There are no credits on IMDB though. Even uncredited parts can be added so I wonder what her roles were on there. A split second crowd scene? 

• Love 1

Just wanted to add a few more notes that I forgot about earlier. Brie said she loved being a heel, and getting the crowd wild up. That should be riled up. LOL.

Please ladies, wear underwear, or at least stop talking about not wearing it. And stop looking at the phone while driving! 

• Love 1

I agree that Brie just regurgitates whatever Bryan says. It's kind of weird. Nikki can't say anything right when she is around the two of them. They both team up on her and ridicule her. I think it's sad that Brie doesn't stick up for Nikki when Bryan is mean to her.

I like Nikki more than Brie. Nikki doesn't lie about who she is. She likes the finer things in life and she owns it. Brie, on the other hand, it seems like her hippie persona was made by Bryan. Everything she says seems like Bryan wrote for her to say.

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 2

I agree that Brie just regurgitates whatever Bryan says. It's kind of weird. Nikki can't say anything right when she is around the two of them. They both team up on her and ridicule her. I think it's sad that Brie doesn't stick up for Nikki when Bryan is mean to her.

I like Nikki more than Brie. Nikki doesn't lie about who she is. She likes the finer things in life and she owns it. Brie, on the other hand, it seems like her hippie persona was made by Bryan. Everything she says seems like Bryan wrote for her to say.

Completely agree! It also occurs to me that unlike Brie, Nikki has a plan for when she is done wrestling. At least she has real estate to fall back on, Brie has nothing. I'm surprised they haven't touched on that more this season or at all.

Honestly though, it truly seems that with the Bella's, even among their family, Nikki is the one that gets ganged up on more than Brie. Their brother is the worst - he seems to feel like it's his duty to bring Nikki down a peg whenever he sees her. Probably why I have a soft spot for her even though she can be vapid and a bit of a fame whore.

As for Nattie, I used to like her, but the last two seasons she has become one of my least favorite divas not named Eva Marie.

Edited by Sarahsmile416
  • Love 1

Nattie's lies don't make sense.  In what universe would TJ be so dim that he wouldn't notice the sister was staying more than 4 days?  What was the point of lying about the cost of the repairs to the old house? A fake offer from Cat Fancy magazine?  None of it makes any sense.  But it especially doesn't make sense to go out of your way to tell your family you hate their presents--this isn't clearing the air; this is insulting people for no good reason.

That's Total Divas Nattie.  Remember though, Summer was supposed to be the villain when she was on the show.

I swear if they put Total Divas Nattie on the main shows, there wouldn't be anyone that wouldn't get cheered over her.  I think the crowd would even cheer Stephanie hitting her with a sledgehammer.

I've been watching wrestling my whole life and I can't figure that one out.  There is a girl down in NXT named Alexa Bliss who is gorgeous. If they were looking for someone in that Eva spot, it should have been her. She can already wrestle, she's got charisma, she's only 24.

Oh yeah, Alexa is absolutely stunning.  When she gets to the main roster, she'll be the one that gets into the mainstream.

Honestly though, it truly seems that with the Bella's, even among their family, Nikki is the one that gets ganged up on more than Brie. Their brother is the worst - he seems to feel like it's his duty to bring Nikki down a peg whenever he sees her. Probably why I have a soft spot for her even though she can be vapid and a bit of a fame whore.

The brother is awful! I'm hoping we don't see him this season but I doubt we will be that lucky. That nude photo mess was the last straw for me with that guy. 

Watched the show last night. I realize this is likely scripted, and that TJ knew exactly what was up with the sister staying, but I find it so irritating when Nattie is tee-heeing with the Bellas over how funny it is that she routinely disrespects TJ by doing something she knows he won't like and then lying to him about it. Note to E!- Nattie is not funny or adorable, and even if TJ is in on it, I don't like how they're trying to make it funny that one spouse is so disrespectful to another. Please E!, just stop with the scripted storylines.

Hated Foxy's little smirk after Trinity was kicked out. You fucked up, Foxy, you should have followed her and apologized, not giggled over how ill fated your attempt to "bring out Trinity's inner bitch" was. I do believe that was a real moment because Trinity seemed genuinely upset. I so love Trinity's husband; those two are seriously awesome together.

Ack, the return of Eva next week. At least we get to see her booed. I love how she tells Ariane that the other girls' ribbing just gives her more drive. First off, Eva, how dumb are you choosing Ariane as your confidante? You know damn well she has always played both sides of the fence. Second, with intense training you can be slightly better version of what you already were (which was sucky), but all the bullying in the world isn't going to magically give you talent and coordination.

• Love 3

The brother is awful! I'm hoping we don't see him this season but I doubt we will be that lucky. That nude photo mess was the last straw for me with that guy.

I think he is going to be on next week's episode :(

Completely agree! It also occurs to me that unlike Brie, Nikki has a plan for when she is done wrestling. At least she has real estate to fall back on, Brie has nothing. I'm surprised they haven't touched on that more this season or at all.

As for Nattie, I used to like her, but the last two seasons she has become one of my least favorite divas not named Eva Marie.

I hate when Bryan tells Nikki that she will be alone and childess. He obviously knows that's a sore spot for her and he still brings it up anyways. When he told her that on a recent episode, she looked so hurt, I could see it in her eyes. But, if Nikki tries to stand up for herself, then Brie and everyone else would get angry at her. Honestly, I think Brie is jealous of Nikki.

She spends money pretty frivolously so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that she is an ace financial manager.

I guess I've never heard her being referred to as an ace financial manager. I did post that I think she's smarter than Brie, but the uh, bar isn't set really high there. I think Brie probably is considered the smart one because she has a normal sized rack and talks about the environment and animal cruelty a lot, but, I don't think there's an original thought in her head and she isn't that articulate. Whenever Daniel Bryan is rolling his eyes at how vapid or shallow Nikki sounds, I want to jump in the TV and remind him he's not exactly married to a rocket scientist either. Nikki frequently catches Brie mixing up words or saying things that don't really make sense. I think it's because she's repeating things she's heard other people say, and sometimes she doesn't get it exactly right, word for word.

Nikki does spend pretty frivolously. That said, she doesn't really have a lot of bills. She doesn't have to pay a mortgage, or rent, I think Cena bought her a car, they eat out all the time so I am sure Cena picks up the tab there, so really, as ridiculous as it is (to me) to buy $1,000 shoes, she doesn't really have anything she has to spend money on. Now, Cena could kick her out tomorrow and she'd have to start paying her own way, but I assume if that were to happen she'd just adjust her lifestyle. It would take a lot of Christian Louboutin shoes to blow through her entire paychecks so I assume she saves some money, and if Cena invokes his cute little 48 hours to pack it up rule, she would have enough money to keep a roof over her head.

I think Brie wishes that Daniel Bryan would loosen the purse strings a little, and does get jealous of Nikki's lavish gifts and lifestyle, even if it's not terribly practical. I feel the same way sometimes. I make a decent salary but live pretty frugally, and a lot of times I'll decide something I want isn't financially feasible. Meanwhile, my friend, who lives on credit card debt, will go ahead and get it. I'm not envious of her financial situation, but she did get something I wanted. I think Nikki and Brie are the same way.

Brie has said they have enough income even if Bryan is no longer able to wrestle (I don't believe this storyline for a second, by the way).

This is actually true. He got a concussion and was sent home from that tour and he hasn't wrestled since. He hasn't been cleared by WWE.

I think Nikki probably has a good chunk of money saved up. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but, she doesn't seem like the type of person to spend more than she has. She knows that the WWE is a fleeting career and she has a backup plan and probably has already made and saved some money from it. 

I hate when Bryan tells Nikki that she will be alone and childess. He obviously knows that's a sore spot for her and he still brings it up anyways. When he told her that on a recent episode, she looked so hurt, I could see it in her eyes. But, if Nikki tries to stand up for herself, then Brie and everyone else would get angry at her. Honestly, I think Brie is jealous of Nikki.

Part of me wonders  if Nikki even wants kids; I feel like she doesn't and just doesn't want to tell her family that.  Because I would think, by now, she knows she's not having kids with John, and she seems to be fine with that.  It's her family that doesn't seem ok with that, and I feel like she's scared to tell them.  

I think he is going to be on next week's episode :(

Amen! I don't remember Daniel Bryan being that casually cruel last season or at all before. I can't stand people who tease people like that and then defend themselves by saying they are only "kidding" as if the person cannot be genuinely hurt by what they have said.

The thing that kills me is that he is constantly making comments that Brie is the smarter Bella - not that either of them are Mensa candidates by any means, but I have to question his intelligence if he actually believes that!

• Love 1

Tensions ride high in the Bella family when JJ tries to take over the twins' new business; Trinity goes above and beyond in her role as stepmother; and Eva devises a risky plan to prove herself to the Divas.

Could anything be more boring then Nikki and Brie going on and on about Bryan's health?

Just wait until the show catches up to TJ's current injury, and we watch Nattie fret about that. 

On another note, I seriously can't stand Nattie's voice. Especially when she says "T.J."

YES Suzy123, I hate it too.  Like she smashes the two letters into one or something.  And I also thought it was awful when her truth-telling extended to "I didn't like your present to me."  Same with intentionally breaking the (admittedly hideous) lion statue thing.  Bitch!  That shit is not honesty; it's cruelty.

• Love 2

YES Suzy123, I hate it too.  Like she smashes the two letters into one or something.  And I also thought it was awful when her truth-telling extended to "I didn't like your present to me."  Same with intentionally breaking the (admittedly hideous) lion statue thing.  Bitch!  That shit is not honesty; it's cruelty.

Exactly! I like to annoy my sister by saying "T.J."  I wonder what T.J. thinks of Nattie. Everytime he looks at her, there is a glimpse of regret in his eyes.

Everything Nattie does on this show makes her look like an awful person.

It IS sort of funny though when she gets wind of some WWE plan to market or push another Diva. Nattie tries to hard to play it cool, like she's just having a conversation with the talent guy, but you can almost see the eye twitching starting when she considers a newer, younger Diva is about to be catapulted over her.

I assume most of the stuff she does- lying to TJ, admitting to her mom that she had her father break that lion head on purpose, potentially "separating" from TJ- etc, is all for the show, but it sure doesn't make her look good.

I'd hang with Trinity and maybe get a drink with Nikki (assuming I was already kind of drunk when I met up with her) but if the rest of these girls walked into a bar where I was sitting, I would pay my tab and beat a hasty retreat.

Please, legit WWE fans- tell me there are some girls in the Divas division that are actually cool and down to earth. It can't just be Trinity right?

I actually really like most of the girls. http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas<--- there's the roster.

Summer shouldn't have been introduced as a villain to go up against Nattie. She is a really sweet, funny girl and it's too bad they didn't show that.

Renee Young is awesome, I adore that girl. She's a broadcaster/interviewer. I doubt she'd want to be on, she's dating Dean Ambrose and his fans are psychotic.

Eden is a ring announcer/backstage interviewer and is married to Cody Rhodes. She seems really cool.

Love Becky and Sasha, I don't much about Charlotte. I mean I know she's Ric Flair's daughter lol. But I haven't heard any interviews or anything with her from outside of WWE.  Sasha's cousin is Snoop Dogg. 

Love Emma and Lana too. Emma's been on a bit, maybe she will join the cast next season. I can't see Alicia being around as a cast member, she offers nothing really. I'm kind of surprised Lana hasn't been a cast member, maybe because she was a heel on WWE TV? She's turned face now, but they had her (in storyline) turn on Rusev, who is her real life boyfriend. They are kind of weird about that. 

Tamina I know nothing about.

Lilian is a ring announcer, she's a doll. Again I don't think they'd want her on the show, she's older, I don't think she hangs out with the girls, I don't think she'd be interested anyway. 

Yes, I turned this post partially into who I want on the show.

It IS sort of funny though when she gets wind of some WWE plan to market or push another Diva. Nattie tries to hard to play it cool, like she's just having a conversation with the talent guy, but you can almost see the eye twitching starting when she considers a newer, younger Diva is about to be catapulted over her.

So true. She gets this look in her eyes too, like she is about to snap. It's hilarious. 

• Love 1

I'm not deep into wrestling, but don't those moves require some cooperation from the other wrestlers?  Eva may have her great ending strategy, but doesn't she need to have whoever is in the ring with her to move properly or she actually could get hurt.  And it doesn't seem like there is much love lost in the group when it comes to her.  Yes, I know it is all scripted drama but still.....

I've not seen the episode yet, so just running on what i know as a wrestling fan, but yes, moves most definitely involve the knowledge and expertise of BOTH wrestlers -  yourself and your opponent. you have to be able to trust your opponent to take care of you in the ring, ensure your safety with the moves, and that they're done the properly to prevent injury, and vice versa. if you go "off script", for lack of a better word, and don't have some form of communication with your opponent letting them know what you're about to do, it could cause injury to either or both of yous. I may be giving her too much of a benefit of a doubt, but I would hope eva marie's been trained enough to know that, and not be that stupid to want to put any of the other divas at risk of injury. scripted. gotta be part of the scripted part of the show. ugh.

Renee Young is awesome, I adore that girl. She's a broadcaster/interviewer. I doubt she'd want to be on, she's dating Dean Ambrose and his fans are psychotic.

Love Becky and Sasha, I don't much about Charlotte. I mean I know she's Ric Flair's daughter lol. But I haven't heard any interviews or anything with her from outside of WWE.  Sasha's cousin is Snoop Dogg. 

Love Emma and Lana too. Emma's been on a bit, maybe she will join the cast next season. I can't see Alicia being around as a cast member, she offers nothing really. I'm kind of surprised Lana hasn't been a cast member, maybe because she was a heel on WWE TV? She's turned face now, but they had her (in storyline) turn on Rusev, who is her real life boyfriend. They are kind of weird about that. 

I would totally love for sasha and becky to be on the show, just cos i'm a fan of both of them. as long as them being on this show doesn't mean having them act as annoying catty women like some of the diva's that have come on the show, which is one reason i'm on the fence half the time on whether I like total divas or not lol. sasha could be a real character in a good way, because of how good she is at her character in the ring, and I've love to see becky outside the ring, though her accent does seem to annoy some people for some reason. I love accents, and she's got an amazing thick irish accent.

yeah, renee, I don't see being on here, mostly because of dean ambrose's fanbase. i'm a part of his fanbase, but thankfully, am not one the psycho ones who think renee needs to go away lol. they also seem kinda private together, and especially dean ambrose comes off to me as very private about his personal life outside the ring. if she were to appear, naturally he would have to, to some degree as well, and I can't see him doing that, or wanting to. a quick ten second appearance here and there is different than appearing all the time like daniel bryan, john cena, TJ and jimmy uso do.

i'd love to see emma and lana on the show! emma is adorable and immensely talented and this would help even more with exposure, since wwe doesn't seem to know what to do with the poor girl. and with the push they're trying to give lana with her face turn and on screen break up with rusev, perfect time to cash in more exposure through this show for her. but I do wonder if they'd make rusev appear, since they "broke up" in the ring lol. they're weird with blurring the lines of kayfabe and not sometimes...

Edited by kaydub

Thank you.  I appreciate the insight.  I don't have any interest in seeing someone break a leg or their back for the sake of a storyline.

no problem! and agreed! it's like a dance in a way, with wrestling. if you've seen the episode where they show eva marie training in the ring with brian kendrick, you see how amazingly fluid the moves she does look, and it's because brian kendrick knows what move she's about to do, and knows what he has to do with the move (hold her, spin with her, flip at the right time) to make it look real and believable.

Edited by kaydub

I thought that while watching this too! That's Brian Kendrick's finisher so he'll know exactly how to position himself so she can pull off his move. I think the other girls can figure out how to be in position for Eva's finisher but I am not sure I would immediately trust that Eva herself could pull off the move safely on her end. (edit for clarity: meaning she will do her part / what she needs to do to make sure no one gets hurt)

I know Brie was supposed to be the bad guy in this episode, but Nikki annoyed me more. "Brie can't lift!" "Brie is the rudest person ever!" "Brie is so negative!"

Praise the Lord for minimal Nattie. I will never recover from that scene where she did a confessional of all her lies and told her family she hated their birthday gifts for her.

Edited by The Ascension

I could go a very long time without hearing either of the Bellas saying Eww.

Eva can't do the finisher without cooperation but we are far past the point where wrestlers openly sabotage others to make them look bad. It happens every once in a blue moon but making someone look bad makes your own match look bad. Most wrestler do not want that. But, this is one of the issues the divas have with Eva. They are worried that she will injure them because she's been so sloppy with them in the past and she's not training with women at all which has it's own learning curve. Trust and believe, they are more worried about her hurting them than the other way around.

How rich was it to see Rosa talk about the girls having to address to work with Eva? Rosa is garbage in the ring so she has no room to talk. And she's been around longer than Eva.

My god, I can't imagine having to live in the Bella household growing up. Tons of cattiness all around.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

I don't like JJ being the voice of reason. And I love the EWWs. 

Loved the stuff with Jon & Trinity. More of them please! 

They really captured how awful that Eva promo in front of the crowd. She just froze up and made faces and moved her hands around while not talking. Can someone get her a dictionary? Cute! Cute! Cute? Cute! I skipped the rest. I can't take her.

Alicia is absolutely right in what she said about Eva being dangerous. Cameron is a moron for trying to argue that point. "But why do you care?" Umm, because no one wants to get hurt by a lazy dumbass? 

Edited by BellaLugosi

Alicia is absolutely right in what she said about Eva being dangerous. Cameron is a moron for trying to argue that point. "But why do you care?" Umm, because no one wants to get hurt by a lazy dumbass? 

Hahahaha I forgot about that.  It makes sense that Cameron and Eva are good friends. 1/4 of a brain between them.

And yeah, that Eva promo wasn't good. She is not charistmatic. But WWE somehow sees a star. 

Edited by The Ascension

Yes, I like your analogy with dance, which also makes a connection with the Bella twins wanting to incorporate a barre into their business venture (I have to admit, I wasn't paying much attention at first and thought they had a different kind of bar in mind, especially as they talked about having a community feel).  Dancers are amazingly athletic, strong and disciplined which I imagine would be a good fit with exercise and/or wrestling.

I just don't know how this will work out when she is wrestling with someone other than Kendrick.  I don't believe they would purposefully try to hurt

each other; but I could see it happening accidentally.  One needs pretty good timing on moves like that, no?

it's more of just knowing your shit with the moves and pacing and timing and counts (which you can see they do when they run the ropes and spring back up), and having the experience in various rings with various wrestlers. there's no better training than getting in there and doing it, and there has to be a level of trust that your opponent is going to do his/her part in making the moves/match work and look fluid and real. and how else can you develop that trust other than stepping into the ring and getting that experience? that is something which eva marie doesn't have in the slightest (nor do a couple of the other divas, like rosa and cameron, but I digress), and what they are trying to cram into her in a few short weeks of training. sure, brian kendrick is a great wrestler with YEARS of experience under his belt, knows his shit and will teach her these things until she can do them in her sleep, but without experience, how will she handle spur of the moment things in the ring, such as missing a queue for the next move, or a botch, or any many number of things that can happen? and then not only that, every wrestler is different, and their height and size and speed or agility can change how you approach a move. you have to know your opponents, which again, you won't know without wrestling them first and gaining that experience.

long winded pointless ramble concluding to say - good luck with all that eva.

Edited by kaydub

They really captured how awful that Eva promo in front of the crowd. She just froze up and made faces and moved her hands around while not talking. Can someone get her a dictionary? Cute! Cute! Cute? Cute! I skipped the rest. I can't take her.

It's also funny that Cameron didn't get the complaint because she is fairly sloppy in the ring. She went back down to NXT like a year ago and shown barely any progression. Several divas have moved pass her on the importance meter.

WWE makes me laugh sometimes. All this hoopla about a divas revolution while they are putting a ton of effort into a diva who is the exact opposite of what they should be looking for. With their most recent call ups (Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Beck Lynch) you have years of experience between them. They are well respected in the locker room. They can be trusted to put on a good match. They truly love the business. This is their dream. They aren't using this as a launching pad for other ventures. They love wrestling. These are the women you should be getting behind. Eva has been a pro wrestler for over two years before she showed any real interest in becoming even good in the ring. WWE keeps handing her opportunities without her not even really working for it. Of course, most of the other divas don't like or respect her. Normally I would say mind your own damn business. But, I get it here where their own safety is on the line. And multiple divas are working hard as hell for years to get what Eva is being handed to her on a platter. Even the Bellas worked hard for their spot than this.

• Love 1

Can there please be a Jon and Trinity show? They are the most likeable out of everyone. Jon's kids are adorable. He seems like a good dad.

Eva and the rest of girls can't speak. It gives me a headache when they do.

The boos from the crowd when Eva was speaking was funny and humiliating the same time.

They really captured how awful that Eva promo in front of the crowd. She just froze up and made faces and moved her hands around while not talking. Can someone get her a dictionary? Cute! Cute! Cute? Cute! I skipped the rest. I can't take her.

This!! As I said to my husband, I felt sick agreeing with J.J about most of what he said, although he is normally just as immature as the two of them. Honestly, I was annoyed at both Brie and Nikki in this episode although Brie made me laugh when she asked if she could sue Nikki.

I was so happy when Cameron "Girl Bye" took her leave of this show so when I see her in an episode I get irritated.

I love Trinity and Jon and I might be taking this show too seriously...I mean they might not even be driving that car...but it drove me up the wall to see Jon's son not wearing a seat belt. At least, it didn't look like he had one on. It was such a breath of fresh air to hear Trinity respect the kids' mom and not bash her. She is wise beyond her years - I just adore her.

Part of me thinks that the reason they haven't had Lana on is because they don't want to show that she's actually American.  I know they obviously don't mind us seeing that some stuff is fake (like whether they're faces or heels), but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to completely break her character like that.  

Although, with Dolph being brought in for this story line with Nikki, Lana may end up on screen, since if I'm getting the timing right, the stuff Total Divas is airing right now was taped right before Dolph started working with Lana.  

On a side note, I think I came really close to being on screen in this episode (I think it was this episode).  We were at Extreme Rules sitting right along the wrestlers' entrance from backstage.  When they showed the Divas going to the ring, we were probably a couple feet outside of the camera shot.