Type keyword(s) to search

Ex On The Beach (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 1:

"Welcome to Ex on the Beach"

Ten smoking hot celebrity singles think they are running away to a tropical island for a once-in-a-lifetime romantic vacation of fun and sun; just as the party is getting started, some unwanted guests arrive to break up the fun.

Airs April 19, 2018.

I watched about 15 minutes of the preview show before I had to turn it off.  I'm excited for this show to start, but I've had more than enough Johnny Bananas, and I just didn't get the point of watching an extended preview of a show I'm already going to watch...

• Love 2

Chase looks VERY good in his promo, and Jasmine has never looked skankier.  2 small blurbs I caught on Reality Steve's Twitter feed, so no telling who else is going to be showing up, because the other people they featured were unknown to me.  

But I think it will definitely be a get-a-course-of-antibiotics-and-wear-rubber-gloves watching experience!

• Love 1
On 4/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, hilaryvm said:

I watched about 15 minutes of the preview show before I had to turn it off.  I'm excited for this show to start, but I've had more than enough Johnny Bananas, and I just didn't get the point of watching an extended preview of a show I'm already going to watch...

They are letting you know who's on and how the show will operate. Far from the first time this has been done. But, if you are already in the bag for the show, it doesn't matter.

Let the shitshow begin.

• Love 1

I haven't laughed at a TV show like this in awhile.  It's damn near perfect.  Hoping pre-show STD screens were completed and that the producers supply the cast with condoms.  

Are they not allowed to wear anything other than swim attire???

• Love 3
4 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

What a sh$t show. But I loved every minute of it. Oh... except for whatever the hell noise that Faith chick was making. Seriously what WAS that.

My DVR didn’t record the first 5 minutes of the show and I missed her intro so I figured they explained that noise and I missed it. What the hell was that? Between that and the DJ who uses the word “Gucci” to mean pretty much anything he feels like at the moment, I’m going to end up throwing a bottle of wine at my tv. 

Add me to the list of being in my early 30s and feeling old as fuck. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

Add me to the list of being in my early 30s and feeling old as fuck. 

Right?! I am in 40's and I am like, Thank God that I am not a 20 something nowadays!  I just couldn't deal with it.  It makes me feel so Gucci.  Ha.  

I feel secondhand embarrassment for Corey and his flirting.  Like really? Kiss me in my mouth?! Haha

• Love 4
23 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

except for whatever the hell noise that Faith chick was making. Seriously what WAS that.

Something new she's trying out for this show because she sure as fuck didn't do it on Vanderpump Rules.  I think she took lessons from LaGanja Estranga.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

Maybe this is why Faith from Vanderpump Rules had a minor story in that show this season? She has had such a minor role in that show, had to try and get her name out there somehow!

Faith has never been a huge part of VR…though not for lack of trying.

• Love 1

Episode 2:

"Exed Out"

A new ex arrives with a secret that scandalizes the whole house. One of the exes is voted off the beach. Couples (and former couples) face their worst nightmares when they are introduced to the Shack of Secrets.

Airs April 26, 2018.

1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

For her own good, the chick who is so into Cory should be extracted and sent immediately to Are You the One?

She's already been there.

So this episode.

Multiple women clamour over dudes that are proven cheaters that don't even seem like they want to change.

A whole house of people cheered because a woman was proven to not have banged her exes uncle.

The massive dirt on Derrick is he's banging girls while single that Angela was worried about months ago. No texts from them. Just current ones.

The black women are just there for gossip or being used for numbers. Part if this is on the show. Both of the black women and dude with a black female ex are saved for last? Why?

Gucci's ex looks like she may have once been male and is try hard as fuck.

What is the end goal of this show? Why fight to stay to the end? You can bang these people afterwards.

Oh and a guy has underwear with a fucking dogs face on the crotch that he asks women to pet? I fucking can't.

These dudes have no game or substance. None if them do but it's just a bunch if the most shallow people in the house. Which I guess is most MTV people in a house shows now

But, this is super sad. At least the challenge and are you the one have more than a few genuine people in the house.

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Two Exes Don't Make a Right"

The house must decide who has it worst when one single finds himself caught between 2 exes and another is faced with his most dreaded ex. A sexy date turns into total chaos.

Airs May 3, 2018.

Angela is crazy and a very angry person!

It was funny when Tor i got mad at the end, stood up to start yelling and Paulie is in the back trying to not laugh.   What a mess these people are! 

As soon as Tor'i kicked off and left, I laughed because Angela started getting extra (while sneakily looking to make sure cameras were still on her).  And why did Faith OR Cory bring Tor'i into it?  Makes no sense.  Faith owes nothing to nobody; at the same time, no one was bullying anyone IMO.

• Love 1

Episode 4:

"I Wanna Call You Babe"

Angela turns to her ex when she hears about what happened between her current man and someone else; the two women fighting over Chase suddenly find themselves fighting over the new guy in the house.

Airs May 10, 2018.

(edited)

I didn't like Cory from his appearances on The Challenge but I really don't like him here. He has a baby and did his ex say they had broken up 2 weeks before and Cory is telling Taylor that he wants to pump a baby up in her? Gah! Taylor is deeply stupid and if she really thinks it might work with Cory then she shouldn't be so disrespectful to the mother of his child.

Also, I don't know how many other of these winners have children but it occurred to me that it would be funny if they suddenly started dropping off all the (possibly imaginary on my part) children on the beach.

Edited by TresGatos
To Add the Also
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Taylor is deeply stupid and if she really thinks it might work with Cory then she shouldn't be so disrespectful to the mother of his child.

Alicia isn't the mother of his child.  His baby mama's name is Cheyenne, she's been on AYTO? & The Challenge.  

• Love 1

I hate to say this episode was a disappointment considering how dumb this show is (in a good way) but I finally realized what my problem is with the US version. The regular evictions. I don't want strategy and vote begging. I don't want "oh well it doesn't matter how much this person is bothering me I'll just get them voted out tomorrow." 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jenrising said:

I hate to say this episode was a disappointment considering how dumb this show is (in a good way) but I finally realized what my problem is with the US version. The regular evictions. I don't want strategy and vote begging. I don't want "oh well it doesn't matter how much this person is bothering me I'll just get them voted out tomorrow." 

This, absolutely.  I like the original where they have to suck it up & deal with their ex being in the house possibly permanently (until end of filming).  The voting is shit.

• Love 1

Episode 5:

"Who's Exed Next?"

In a surprise twist, the exes find themselves with all the power. Derrick schemes and tries to manipulate the house. Two new exes arrive and one is more welcome than the other.

Airs May 17, 2018.

Episode 6:

"Bye, Alicia. Hi, Alicia."

Cory's Ex, Alicia, returns and sends the house into chaos. An ex is sent to the beach for the first time. Dirty secrets are revealed in the Shack of Secrets and the elimination leaves everyone surprised.

Airs May 24, 2018.

• Love 1

Episode 7:

"Party Foul"

Paulie and Lexi finally define the relationship but a trip to the Shack of Secrets threatens to tear their time in paradise apart. A new ex arrives to make an old ex jealous and crashes the party, literally.

Aired May 31, 2018.

Episode 8:

"Monster Mode"

Jasmine is tempted to bring a new man into the mix and kick someone else out. When Alicia rips into Cory, everyone gets pulled into the drama. Relationships are on the line when the exes jeopardize their place in the house.

Airs June 7, 2018.

8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Faith needs a copy of He's Just Not That Into You asap! 

Yeah she does!!

Angela just likes to yell and rant, doesn't she? Thst gets old real quick.  Shankey...I am leaving that typo, was right, Alicia has the feelings outside of the house too,  She needs to deal woth them.  I think Alicia's breakup with Corey is just too new.  It must be hard for her to see Corey and Taylor.   But, her finger tapping was creepy. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Yeah she does!!

Angela just likes to yell and rant, doesn't she? Thst gets old real quick.  Shankey...I am leaving that typo, was right, Alicia has the feelings outside of the house too,  She needs to deal woth them.  I think Alicia's breakup with Corey is just too new.  It must be hard for her to see Corey and Taylor.   But, her finger tapping was creepy. 

She [Alicia] chose to go back on the show. She's definitely a glutton for punishment. I have no sympathy for her, from the spoilers I've read online as to why Taylor spat at her, she's definitely nuts and violent. 

She needs therapy; not Cory. 

Episode 9:

"You Can't Handle the Truth"

Cory and Taylor's relationship is pushed into the danger zone when Cory's lingering feelings for Alicia come to light. A comment triggers an explosive fight in the house. A new ex arrives and receives unexpected news.

Airs June 14, 2018.

Taylor was just disgusting this episode, I thought she was innocent beforehand but she really showed her true colors tonight, the way she hacked up that  spit was utterly innapropiate & I don’t condone violence but I wish Alicia would have punched her out!

• Love 3

I don't understand why every show that Corey is on he hooks up with someone. The dude is gross and I can't believe these two fuckballs were fighting over him. HIM, he is gross and been with more women than both Taylor and Alicia. GRANTED, both have hooked uo with several others and they both do shows to hook up with someone, but whatever. 

• Love 1

Taylor really isn't coming off well. I keep forgetting this show exists so I ended up watching two episodes in a row - Taylor's Pumpkin moment and the one before that and I hated the way they let domestic violence happen between Alicia and Corey even if Corey claimed later it kind of turned him on. That sort of crap gets people killed. As bad as Taylor is, and that's pretty bad, Corey and Alicia are parents to a infant daughter and Corey, in particular, is behaving in a disrespectful and immature manner knowing how Alicia feels toward him and that they had broken up only 2 weeks before the show (probably so Corey could hook-up guilt free). It's unpleasant and belongs on Young Dumb & Pregnant or whatever that other MTV Teen Mom knockoff (knockup?) show is. I don't know why the rest off the house doesn't start voting them out.

Joe was very bland in his AYtO season but managed to be irritating at the end. I would have rather the DJ from his season who suddenly found his love match at the end of the AYtO season had shown up instead. At least he was funny and it would have made as much sense as Random Adam from Indy being added. Wonder if DJ & the AYtO match are still together? Kameron (Kamron?) was completely obnoxious with his slut shaming and I was glad to see so much push-back even if the evil part of me enjoyed see Corey's Perfect Princess called out.  But in wine there is truth and Kam really showed himself for who he is.

Does anyone know what the point of this show is or at least the end point is?

2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Taylor really isn't coming off well. I keep forgetting this show exists so I ended up watching two episodes in a row - Taylor's Pumpkin moment and the one before that and I hated the way they let domestic violence happen between Alicia and Corey even if Corey claimed later it kind of turned him on. That sort of crap gets people killed. As bad as Taylor is, and that's pretty bad, Corey and Alicia are parents to a infant daughter and Corey, in particular, is behaving in a disrespectful and immature manner knowing how Alicia feels toward him and that they had broken up only 2 weeks before the show (probably so Corey could hook-up guilt free). It's unpleasant and belongs on Young Dumb & Pregnant or whatever that other MTV Teen Mom knockoff (knockup?) show is. I don't know why the rest off the house doesn't start voting them out.

Joe was very bland in his AYtO season but managed to be irritating at the end. I would have rather the DJ from his season who suddenly found his love match at the end of the AYtO season had shown up instead. At least he was funny and it would have made as much sense as Random Adam from Indy being added. Wonder if DJ & the AYtO match are still together? Kameron (Kamron?) was completely obnoxious with his slut shaming and I was glad to see so much push-back even if the evil part of me enjoyed see Corey's Perfect Princess called out.  But in wine there is truth and Kam really showed himself for who he is.

Does anyone know what the point of this show is or at least the end point is?

Corey's baby is not Alicia's. It's by another are you the one girl. Alicia just became a proud quasi stepmom weeks after dating Corey only for him to dip out right before coming on the show. They have no ties to one another except for the fact that Alicia refuses to get over it and move on.

Joe is there because he's a ex. It's was only a matter of time before he showed up. But, for the most part, they aren't plucking people out of thin air. 

Who's knows what the point of this show is. It just exists to create drama from week to week. It ends when the show decides it's over. I would assume that at some point when they want the show to be done, they will let all of the people who are not exes choose one person from all the exes that have come on as their "chosen one". It's all nonsense though. There were never any rules laid out other than eliminations. I believe ex on the beach in the UK had more structure and I don't think you could vote out your ex. You had to deal with your shit. I might be wrong though.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I believe ex on the beach in the UK had more structure and I don't think you could vote out your ex. You had to deal with your shit. I might be wrong though.

You aren't wrong.  Maybe 2-3 people would be eliminated randomly (ie: Tablet of Terror would chime & tell someone to eliminate one person from the villa) throughout the season.  Otherwise, the only way someone leaves is if they fight or choose to leave on their own.

• Love 1

This show is truly a study in what a fame whore is willing to do to be on TV.  Nobody is coming out of this one looking good. As a long-time Challenge viewer I find Corey to be an odious presence and this show has only strengthened that opinion.  Also, Chase... bad move bro.  I think people generally had a decent view of him after Bachelorette.  He has shown himself to be just awful on this show.  He is the worst.  Holding women to some stupid standard (remember he gave his ex a massive hard time because she got drunk one night) while he behaves like a complete slime.  No wonder he dated Tomi Lahren.  Seems about right on the hypocrisy front. 

• Love 2