Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

We return, once again, to the halcyon days of September 2018

Wow, that's some trip down Memory Lane! I must admit I neglected to put the Drake/Niki Minaj virtuoso feud in my online scrapbook, so thanks for that, I guess.😄

Unfortunately, I did remember the repeats today all too well. I guess the lamebrains who smoked up 3K worth of weed are unforgettable, as is Levin, running loose on the street.

Speaking of our dear Harve: I know you all must be stressed and depressed thinking you might never see him again but never fear. Levin is not gone!

Okay, maybe we may not again hear the immortal "Plumber/Jumper/LIquor/Washer/Smoker/etc etc etc/ HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!" I'm so happy I have many of those brilliant bon mots on my DVR, preserved for posterity. HIs words ("I tapped that, Stinky crotch, What a meatball/Birdbrain, Glug, glug, glug, you're a crook, bub!") will echo in eternity.

I'm tellin' you - tune in!

levinTMZF_161244.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

We return, once again, to the halcyon days of September 2018, when the leaves were turning, Donald Trump was in the White House, Brett Kavanaugh was fighting for his seat on the Supreme Court, the kids were dancing to "In My Feelings" by Drake, Cardi B. and Nicki Minaj were fighting, Murphy Brown was back on TV, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were newly married and living in Britain, Burt Reynolds and rapper Mac Miller died and Ariana Grande grieved for one of them.  The People's Court episode for September 13, 2018 (the day before Tuesday's rerun), before Covid distancing protocols, before Judge John, with an audience and Harvey's street gallery, and is discussed on Page 115.  This is the episode where drug dealers sue each other in court and JM calls the dealer's girlfriend to "testify" and a lady expects to keep returning her mattress to get a new one.

Discussion: Friends Feuding in Court.

Thank you Bazinga.  I love, love, love stuff like that.  

Today's episode was new to me (or at least I don't remember it) but as I sat down to watch I stupidly knocked over my coffee which caused me to jump higher than a cat's back and while I'm jumping my hoagie sandwich flipped onto the floor.

Luckily the coffee did not hit my computer but my hoagie opened and all the contents spilled on the floor making a mess.  So, I had a mess on the floor and a mess on my desk.  

I didn't see all but is it legal to sell marry-wanna like those fine young entrepreneurs were attempting to do before they smoked the inventory?  

Actually, I really don't care so no need to answer that question.

Mattress Baby.  Good grief.  We shop at a store that will never, ever repurpose a returned mattress.  There are actually stores here that will take a mattress back, slap some new plastic on it and sell it at full price.

I'm itching just thinking about it.  She was a scammer.  No question.  No argument.  And someone like her always comes out ahead.  She got money from TPC didn't she?

And Harve has a new game show.  Why not?  

I'm still chapped about my hoagie.  And it was roast beef to boot.

Edited by PsychoKlown
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Speaking of our dear Harve: I know you all must be stressed and depressed thinking you might never see him again but never fear. Levin is not gone!

Okay, maybe we may not again hear the immortal "Plumber/Jumper/LIquor/Washer/Smoker/etc etc etc/ HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!" I'm so happy I have many of those brilliant bon mots on my DVR, preserved for posterity. HIs words ("I tapped that, Stinky crotch, What a meatball/Birdbrain, Glug, glug, glug, you're a crook, bub!") will echo in eternity.

I'm tellin' you - tune in!

First my hoagie now this.  Tragic it is.  A tragic day for me.

23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Where I live (lower Alabama) we have a rerun at 10 a.m., and it's from this season.  The afternoon time slot where they put new episodes when they have them, is showing reruns of the older seasons.

Same here.  Sometimes I'll look at the date and scan this message board for comments.  If the comments aren't all that interesting I'll skip the episode.

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Harvey has a new project. He is producing "Who the Bleep is That." Game show begins March 6 on Fox stations.

What the bleep? Droopy Dawg, can't you please slither away into obscurity? Hasn't your cringe-worthy schlock and sleaze made you enough money, you little butt-sniffing troll?

TMZ to Launch All-New Game Show Series "Who the Bleep Is That?" Premiering Monday, March 6
The half-hour game show, hosted by comedian Jeff Dye, has contestants and their celebrity knowledge put to the ultimate test as they uncover images focusing on TV, music, sports, politics, historical figures and social influencers.

It does sound pretty exciting. I'll have to play along. I'm fairly sure I know all the "social influencers" from watching TPC. Or maybe I'm thinking of IG or TikTok hair/eyelash influencers?

6 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

as I sat down to watch I stupidly knocked over my coffee which caused me to jump higher than a cat's back and while I'm jumping my hoagie sandwich flipped onto the floor.

That's really sad, but not as sad as when I knocked over a whole cup of tea ON my keyboard a while ago. I'm still trying to figure out who I can sue for that.

Please tell me you reassembled your sammich. I'm sure someone so high and mighty has an impeccable floor.

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Please tell me you reassembled your sammich. I'm sure someone so high and mighty has an impeccable floor.

Well I tried. 

I’m not a sandwich artisan so when I tried assembling the assortment of cheese, roast beef, pickles, peppers, lettuce and tomatoes it did not look like the lunch I had on the plate a few minutes before the tragic incident. 

Frankly it was wonky and the mayonnaise wasn’t the correct amount anymore because a substantial amount helped to buff the floor. 

I ate part of it but the magic was gone. I should have sent one of my servants out to get another one but they were busy grooming the horses, cleaning the stables and preparing for the upcoming season for dressage. 

As I said tragic.  But not as tragic as playing mattress shuffle.

Edited by PsychoKlown
3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

As I said tragic.  But not as tragic as playing mattress shuffle.

Even more tragic when you have to return it by carrying it on your back. People might get the wrong idea.

I ate part of it but the magic was gone.

I get it. I've tried to make my own steak and Swiss cheese sammy, with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and southwestern sauce but for some reason, it's never the same as the ones I buy. Maybe it's the sauce. 🤔

• LOL 3
(edited)

Today's rerun is from September 7, 2018.  This is the actual day I referenced yesterday, when rapper Mac Miller passed away following an accidental overdose from a mixture of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.  Since this episode is from just a few days earlier than yesterday's rerun, what I wrote yesterday is true for this episode as well (my point, again, is why are bad episodes from the same time period rerun?).  I will add that the top movie for this weekend was something called "The Nun."  I don't remember such a movie.  Number two at the box office was "Crazy Rich Asians," which I heard of. 

Here is the full list, if anyone is interested: 

Domestic Box Office For September 2018

Link to episode discussion on Page 113:

Friends Battle Over Funds."

Edited by Bazinga
Corrected link. Confused the dates. Sorry.
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Domestic Box Office For September 2018

Wow. Just checked it out and I realize I've seen just one of those movies. That was "The Meg" which I watched last year hoping for laughs and I was not disappointed. Never saw or even heard of "The Nun".

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

, is why are bad episodes from the same time period rerun?).

It's a mystery, but I guess better than repeats of bad episodes from last month.

I very much enjoyed the exciting blurb for "TMZ" and I'm sure our modest Levin didn't write any of it.

"TMZ" breaks the biggest stories in entertainment as only it can - with accuracy, irreverent humor and youthful energy. TMZ connects with the public across its broadcast and digital platforms by providing a fresh, unvarnished, and honest take on celebrities and their real lives. TMZ is the first national television show to launch as an extension of a successful website and now has multiple sites and shows, including TMZ Sports and TMZ Live. In addition to TV and Web, TMZ has an additional way for fans to interact with the franchise - "The TMZ Celebrity Tour." It's a show on wheels! The TMZ brand is the most trusted, the most talked about, and the highest quality entertainment news outlet in the world.

Don't miss it, fans! We expect nothing less than the highest-quality reporting from Harvey, whose legacy will live on.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I too am pondering why they’re showing way older cases. I don’t know much about television production but I’d bet dollars to donuts (whatever the hell that means) it has to do with syndication, contracts and lotsa, lotsa money. 

And add me to the list that never heard of “The Nun”.  I was a bit curious and checked out the synopsis and cast.  The premise of an evil entity and a priest and novice nun hunting down a death sounds plausible to me.   

What doesn’t wash is the gorgeous and hunky cast of characters.  And this is coming from someone who spent her grade and high school terrorized by nuns.  The entity part?  Sure.  The part of attractive nuns and priests?  Not a snowballs chance in hell. 

Edited by PsychoKlown

What doesn’t wash is the gorgeous and hunky cast of characters.

Movie and tv tropes, i.e. Aquariums appear in movies only to be smashed. No one ever says "Bye" and just hangs up phones on people abruptly, women go to bed with heavy eye makeup and it's pristine when they awaken, and so on. It's like in movies these days in which nuclear physicists, robotics engineers, biochemists, etc. must all be 24-year-olds in shorts and very tight tanktops (which will always get soaked),  who look like Sports Illustrated models.

4 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

The part of attractive nuns and priests?  Not a snowballs chance in hell. 

You mean they don't all look and act like Richard Chamberlain in "The Thornbirds" and Ingrid Bergman in "The Bells of St. Mary's"? My husband had 'brothers' for teachers and boy, he's told me some stories.

But I'd rather watch hunky priests (made me think of an ep of "Sex and the City"😆) and saccharine nuns than ever again see the repeat of the screeching viragos in hideous wigs from today. Not even JM could find any cuteness here and actually told the violent P,  "Shut your mouth". One of D's "witnesses" was yowling gibberish from the sidelines and it was so bad JM had to ask Douglas to boot her out.

Reminded me of the Beatles' song:

"Rose and Valerie, screaming from the gallery

say, '(S)he must go free!'

The judge does not agree and (s)he tells them so, oh oh oooh".

Okay, 'fess up: How many of you here spent 5 months or more in prison when you were 19 for smashing a bottle over someone's head? Surely at least one or two of you?

• LOL 2
On 2/17/2023 at 9:50 PM, Percysowner said:

Holy crap! I just saw this myself and came here to see if y’all were talking about it.

I'm always falling behind these days because this is my "laundry show," but I love coming here to read the snark.

I'll miss you guys and the show. 😥

While I'm here, I've noticed that JMM seems to have lost all patience with the women who keep giving losers money. She just outright tells them they were stupid.

She also has no more patience for the dog owners squirming out of paying for bills because their pitbull attacked some innocent dog.

Getting more snark these days from Douglas and Doug and I am HERE FOR IT.

Levin had another one of quips the other day, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was but it made me stop mid-fold and say "wow, that's pretty vulgar, even for you."

• Like 4
6 hours ago, aemom said:

Holy crap! I just saw this myself and came here to see if y’all were talking about it.

I'm always falling behind these days because this is my "laundry show," but I love coming here to read the snark.

Where in hell have you been?  Hope all is good.  And by good I mean no one sold you a hoopty...your dog wasn't mauled by a pit bull named Cuddles....you didn't get scammed for a cruise....your house wasn't trashed by adorable teenagers through Airbnb...none of your neighbors chopped down your prized oak tree...or your renter didn't take doors off hinges, use your wooden floors as an ashtray, remove copper pipes or leave a mound of trash for you to dispose of at your own expense.

If none of that happened you can officially claim "Life is good".  

(edited)
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Where in hell have you been?  Hope all is good.  And by good I mean no one sold you a hoopty...your dog wasn't mauled by a pit bull named Cuddles....you didn't get scammed for a cruise....your house wasn't trashed by adorable teenagers through Airbnb...none of your neighbors chopped down your prized oak tree...or your renter didn't take doors off hinges, use your wooden floors as an ashtray, remove copper pipes or leave a mound of trash for you to dispose of at your own expense.

If none of that happened you can officially claim "Life is good".  

I'm here, I'm working my way through the shows, but I'm always so far behind that I never comment because it would be too awkward to comment on something you guys watched weeks earlier. But I'm typically on the same page as the rest of you.

I might actually catch up before the new episodes start up again in April.

It's so weird, just last night, my husband and one of my sons was teasing me about the show and what more could I possibly learn from it?

My answer was: Not too much anymore, but I don't have to be staring at the screen the whole time and can fold the laundry. I also have a community that snarks on the show which is fun to interact with.

When I watch some of these episodes, I can also feel reasonably good about how I live my life and how my sons grew up to be young men that I can be proud of. They do play way too many video games, but they are are also well employed and I can count on them to do the right thing.

I wondered if maybe JMM didn't want to do the show anymore, but it doesn't seem that way from her Facebook post, so I wonder why they canceled it?

Edited by aemom
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, aemom said:

I wondered if maybe JMM didn't want to do the show anymore, but it doesn't seem that way from her Facebook post, so I wonder why they canceled it?

Maybe it's not sufficiently lurid for hard-core reality show viewers? Well, we DO get some sickeningly lurid cases, but maybe the bottom-barrel stuff is not consistent enough for a discerning crowd itching to see women confessing to having sex with their washing machines, 1,000lb women talking about their sex lives or men who hump their cars?

Or maybe we need more talk shows by every marginally-talented, barely-known "celeb" out there?

I'll pass on all of that.

9 hours ago, aemom said:

Me too! Watching JM and cracking ourselves up (and detesting The Levin) is woven into the very fabric of my life!😭

• Like 4

So. Even though it’s cancelled maybe it’s not cancelled.

Theres a certain show on twice a day here in Boston that’s cancelled but not cancelled. I probably can’t say the name of the show but if I say that it determines paternity about five times an episode I’m sure most of you will get it.  

Anyway, even if TPC is all reruns we can still rag on the contestants.  And Harvey.  We can always rag on Harvey. 

Anyway, even if TPC is all reruns we can still rag on the contestants.  And Harvey.  We can always rag on Harvey. 

Hear, hear! I don't mind re-ragging (I just made up a word the way our litigants do!) on contestants.

It will be a lot better if they start showing much older episodes.

I probably can’t say the name of the show but if I say that it determines paternity about five times an episode I’m sure most of you will get it.  

Do you speak of Maury? I've never seen that show and hope never to do so, but I've heard about it. I'm pretty sure THOSE contestants make ours look like attractive nuns and hunky priests.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hear, hear! I don't mind re-ragging (I just made up a word the way our litigants do!) on contestants.

It will be a lot better if they start showing much older episodes.

It would be fun to go back to some REALLY old shows! I'm sure that they would be new-to-me and I'll bet those litigants would be less outrageous than current day ones. 

But please, just the ones where Doug does the hallterviews instead of whazhizface (I really can't remember, lol). I have standards. 😃

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, aemom said:

I'm here, I'm working my way through the shows, but I'm always so far behind that I never comment because it would be too awkward to comment on something you guys watched weeks earlier. But I'm typically on the same page as the rest of you.

I might actually catch up before the new episodes start up again in April.

It's so weird, just last night, my husband and one of my sons was teasing me about the show and what more could I possibly learn from it?

My answer was: Not too much anymore, but I don't have to be staring at the screen the whole time and can fold the laundry. I also have a community that snarks on the show which is fun to interact with.

When I watch some of these episodes, I can also feel reasonably good about how I live my life and how my sons grew up to be young men that I can be proud of. They do play way too many video games, but they are are also well employed and I can count on them to do the right thing.

Not on Facebook. What did JM say in her post?

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Today's rerun is from September 26, 2018.

Discussion begins on page 117.  Here is the link:

Scammed by a Real Estate Agent.

I totally forgot all the particulars of this case, but instantly recognized the flaming orange Disney flower cap wig and huge titty tats. Sorry, "dear", but neither was flattering.

We need updates on certain cases. I would love to know if JM really did report the lying, scamming, and uber-dumb P, who casually admitted to lying to the police.

Def was some kind of fugazi real estate broker who didn't know real estate deals must be written. Or maybe he did know and thought telling laughably stupid lies and making an utter fool of himself was a better option than admitting he too was a petty crook.

Still not sure why P got so much money back when she had such dirty hands and colluded with D to defraud the lending institution.

Sadly, I did clearly recall the silly bus driver and how she checked reviews on "Yip" after "feeling" the test because the instruction by the pair of Igors was inadequate. Hey, she's a "female" so don't expect too much of her! You know our little brains are not mechanically inclined.

• Like 4
(edited)

We've 'jumped' to October 10, 2018 on today's rerun episode.  Discussion is on page 118 and here is the direct link: 

Livid at My Landlord.

While reading posts about these 2018 cases, terms such as "uninteresting", "boring" and "waste of time" come up frequently.  Why such cases are chosen to be rerun is beyond me.

On the other hand, one good thing about all these 2018 cases is that they are all pre-Covid, so we don't have to deal with "Covid ruined my party, so I want my deposit back" cases, where MM regales us with the 'tragedy' of her daughters' proms and graduations being ruined, and she pretends that in this particular case she is considering ruling differently but ultimately decides the venue or vendor has to eat it because the party couldn't occur due to government mandate, just like she does in every other case of this kind.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Hey Judges forum readers,

Today's episode originally aired on October 1, 2018 and is discussed on page 117.  It is the one with the 'heirloom' ceramic table from Italy broken by young movers who pay for a repair that the plaintiffs do not like and then want the full cost of the table.  Let's just say that JM does not take to the young movers.  Also on today's docket is an unlicensed electrician who does work and doesn't get paid and an old car is damaged when towed.  

Bitter Over a Broken Table.  

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Let's just say that JM does not take to the young movers. 

I don't blame her. Those big, stupid, smart-ass babies deserved a much more severe spanking than they got. Maybe they learned something that day, like how to use a contract. Duh.

I really hope the Ps took the 4K they were awarded and had fun with it and told the (relieved) kiddies they would have to soldier on without this heirloom.

I was reading a list of things to NOT leave your kids because they don't want your silver tea service or flatware, your ancient sets of china for 12, or your monogrammed, 100-year-old napkins. Ornate ceramic tables might be on that list. I'm an old fart and even I don't want any of that stuff hanging around waiting to be polished or dusted.

• Like 4
(edited)

Hey Judges forum readers,

Today's repeat retreats back in time to the day after last week's $15 earrings and 'Beetlejuice' landlord episode, to September 21, 2018.  The discussion is on page 116 and here is the link:

Exes Battle It Out in Court.

'Reader's Digest version' of the three cases: Abuser boyfriend is suing for what he laid out for girlfriend's share of living expenses, girlfriend is countersuing for furniture she left behind in removing herself from abuser; women is suing for the full value of her old car that a mechanic has not finished fixing the transmission after a year, while mechanic is countersuing for the money he is still owed; and man sues for a TV he had in defendant's storage unit that defendant took to use as her own.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Abuser boyfriend is suing for what he laid out for girlfriend's share of living expenses,

"Who's the iPhone-y?" ~ Harvey Levin.

If anyone ever deserved a punch (not a "mild" one either) it's the Levin, along with the sawed-off, rat-faced, grinning asshole P.

Harvey did have these invaluable words of advice after this case: "No one should stay in a relationship like that."

What are we going to do without Harve's insightful and always timely words of wisdom that have affected me so deeply? I know I'll be lost.

• LOL 4

It's October 23, 2018 here at 'The People's Court.'  Discussion is on page 119 and here is the direct link:

You Vandalized My Boat!

Today I will use the 'CliffsNotes' version of the episode: 1) Stupid evicted tenant leaves boat behind and is suing over it being damaged; 2) Plaintiff backs out of car deal and then wants his deposit back, which car dealer repeatedly promises to give him but doesn't; and 3) Another evicted tenant suing for belongings left behind and landlord countersuing for damages and cleanup.

Note: Case 2 is where Harvey says the law favors deposits being refundable when the agreement is silent on the issue.  His statement runs counter to what JM actually said in the case and the usual rule.

Note #2: Case 3 plaintiff says to JM, "Listen and listen good!" and JM lets it pass without comment.   

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 3
On 3/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, Bazinga said:

1) Stupid evicted tenant leaves boat behind and is suing over it being damaged

I enjoyed rewatching this since I had forgotten nearly all of it. It's amazing to me how deadbeats who don't pay rent and/or trash a place and get evicted feel they can issue orders and make demands.

They seem to think it's one of their inalienable rights to leave when they choose, decide when it's convenient for THEM to get their junk out, and think the landlord is obligated to keep said junk - even if it's a giant pontoon boat - hanging around until the tenant feels like retrieving it.  Funny.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

How on earth do you find these cases? When I want to find something from days of yore it takes me about an hour of scrolling. 😕

If you really want to know, I go to my online People's Court channel listings and find out the season and episode number as well as the episode title for that day's episode.  Then I Google The People's Court season and episode number to find out the date that the episode first aired, double checking that the title is correct.  I then go to the forum date and find the first post talking about the episode in question and post the link to that post here, saving everyone the trouble of looking randomly for the prior discussion.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
56 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

If you really want to know, I go to my online People's Court channel listings and find out the season and episode number as well as the episode title for that day's episode.  Then I Google The People's Court season and episode number to find out the date that the episode first aired, double checking that the title is correct.  I then go to the forum date and find the first post talking about the episode in question and post the link to that post here, saving everyone the trouble of looking randomly for the prior discussion.

Thanks for doing this. It certainly saves me and others a lot of time!👍

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I skipped the dog case the first time. What a mistake. Mr. Nutty, I mean "Nutter", was a treat.

Mr. Nutcase simply cannot abide engaging in any social intercourse with persons who brag and do not possess an IQ of at least 150. It's what he's used to since he and the others in the patent office where he works are all moderately gifted with these superior mental facilities.

Def brags too much. Nutty takes that as a personal affront and will not tolerate it, so he starts a fight with the inferior Def at some neighbourhood picnic and then begins harassing Def on the street, announcing "Here comes DumDum, haha haha ha!!" as would most highly intellectual folk. He thinks showing JM a video of him doing this will help his case. He also thinks suing the person who was bitten by his dog is justified. Hmm. Seems he might not be as smart as he thinks he is.

He's 65 and claims Def not showing up in court was "elder abuse". Strange. You'd think someone so intelligent would realize that does not apply here. I say again that education (and IQ) too often have very little bearing on common sense and actual, real-world intelligence. Poor Nutty. He had to tell the MENSA club he was defeated by some knuckle-dragger with what he perceives is a double-digit IQ.

In rendering her verdict, in which of course the nutty Nutter lost, JM called him "Mr. NUT...ter.

I'm pretty sure he told people that if the judge had an IQ equal to his own he would have scored the big bucks here. Poor Nutter, surrounded by lesser beings. It must be a strain.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, AngelaHunter said:

WTF does "finna" mean?

I believe it's a slurring of "fixing to". Planning to, going to, getting ready to, etc. I'm fixin' to finally fold my laundry and put it away. I'm going to spend the night because I've had to much to drink, and I'm not fixin to get a DUI(said by none of our litigants ever)

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, mtbingmom said:

I believe it's a slurring of "fixing to". Planning to, going to, getting ready to, etc. I'm fixin' to finally fold my laundry and put it away. I'm going to spend the night because I've had to much to drink, and I'm not fixin to get a DUI(said by none of our litigants ever)

Thank you. That makes sense, at least as much sense as anything else these days.

Our litigants don't worry about DUIs, not even those who can actually remember how many they've had.

I was intrigued by the Nutter, who I bet works in his score to everyone in any setting or gathering. I had to look up the IQ thing and it seems anything above 140 is considered genius level.

If Mr. Nutty is an example of a genius, I'll keep my humble double digits.

• Like 4

I don't recall seeing the first (which doesn't mean I didn't) with the silly little loser P suing his hard-rode town bicycle ex-lady in the off-the-shoulder frilly top. She was attended by her gigantic, hulking mommy(?) who stood like a bodyguard, maybe in case P twerp lost control and decided to pummel Def. Momma shouldn't have worried. Douglas could have subdued the little pissant with one hand.

They got into all kinds of fights over various things, including some old cars, co-mingled what finances they had - seems P had none at all and no credit - and all the usual charming issues that pop up while playing house. He took her phone and held her hands behind her back, neither of them registered some vehicle they bought, she paid for oil and food, blah blah, and all that stupid stuff.

Luckily, I did remember the case of the 16-year-old Chrysler Sebring left at the alley mechanic's home for 2 years. If my car was at a shop for 2 months I'd be freaking out and demanding action, but not P. We find out her license has been suspended after JM forces her to admit this. I wanted to know why, but we were not privy to this info.

Is it too late in the day to say "Fuck you, Levin"?

levinchrys64718.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3

I guess all of you with better memories than I aren't enjoying these repeats.

Highlights: Deadbeat laundromat owner expecting new buyer (P calls him a renter, even though D had a SALES contract) to pay P's deadbeat debts. Of course, he declares to Doug that JM didn't let him talk long enough. It was plenty long for sure and never made any sense.

Then major thief convict uncle who got hauled back to the slammer for no reason at all:

"I was currently incarcerated."

"To go smally in debt and detail..."

"I got a detainer".

And then the guests flying in from various parts of the country for a party with an MC for a teen's birthday:

The four hairs def. had plastered to his forehead didn't achieve the results he was thinking they did.

Momma wanting the entire shindig for free with a 100$ bonus was vaguely amusing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Still on repeats?  Given how late the season started and how many weeks of Wayback Machine repeats we've had since, plus the fact JMM didn't quickly get picked up for something else, I'm guessing the cancellation had more to do with something behind the scenes/JMM than with merger shenanigans. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Mr. Wisneski(?) in his hallterview, which I didn't watch last time, informs Doug that in his learned  opinion:

"There should be more things that are in effect to protect people like me."

Who are these people like you? You mean 30-year-old men who just can't wait to buy a 750$, 20-year-old Mercury Sable "AS IS" without getting anything checked on it, can't test drive it because they lost their licenses, buy it with tax cheating, and bring their mommies to court to hold their hands when the heaps die of old age and these grown men think they'll get their money back? What law do we need to enact for you and others of your ilk?

Maybe there should be a law since for sure we see litigants like him all the time but if more laws need to be enacted to protect idiots from themselves, courts will be SRO, 24/7.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Big jump to January 11, 2019.  It's the awful woman with the watermelon in her shopping cart whose husband has cancer who takes no responsibility when her cart damages someone's car because it is not her fault and her husband has cancer.  Here is the link to the discussion:

Shopping Cart Crisis.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 2

I will always love deadbeat litigants who damaged someone's property, borrowed money, or didn't pay for goods/services and then squawk that the person they stiffed or cheated is 'harassing' them by requesting payment.

"How dare you expect me to pay what I owe? My husband is not well - I'm a single mother/was currently pregnant with TWINS - I don't work - my grandma is sick - the 21-year-old car you sold me needs a wheel alignment - I was working on getting insurance", etc etc etc.

I wish I knew where I could buy this kind of arrogant, stupid, dumb chutzpah so I would no longer feel "entitled" to pay anything I owe.

I wonder how it went when that evil, reptilian-looking watermelon-loving hag sued Trader Joe's for having a parking lot sloped to let rainwater run off. I'm sure she won since she knows the law better than JM.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I will always love deadbeat litigants who damaged someone's property, borrowed money, or didn't pay for goods/services and then squawk that the person they stiffed or cheated is 'harassing' them by requesting payment.

"How dare you expect me to pay what I owe? My husband is not well - I'm a single mother/was currently pregnant with TWINS - I don't work - my grandma is sick - the 21-year-old car you sold me needs a wheel alignment - I was working on getting insurance", etc etc etc.

I wish I knew where I could buy this kind of arrogant, stupid, dumb chutzpah so I would no longer feel "entitled" to pay anything I owe.

I wonder how it went when that evil, reptilian-looking watermelon-loving hag sued Trader Joe's for having a parking lot sloped to let rainwater run off. I'm sure she won since she knows the law better than JM.

As my mother-in-law would say they have no shame.

• Like 3