Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The refrigerator case totally represents the idea of don't sell used goods to family, friends, or neighbors.  If you're going to sell it, sell it to someone far, far away...

I have a 37" LG TV here. It's far from new but is in A-1 perfect condition and even has the manual. I pondered putting it on some site to sell for a very minimal amount - 20 or 30$ - but thought about our litigants so it will go at the end of the driveway with a "Free" sign on it. Yeah, I know - even if it's free someone might complain if it gets a problem next month or year but I see no other option as I can't junk it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have a 37" LG TV here. It's far from new but is in A-1 perfect condition and even has the manual. 

If it's a flat screen, Goodwill will take it and someone can buy it from them.  If it breaks down in a year, the buyer will say, "Well, it lasted a year.  Not bad for something I bought at Goodwill."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If it's a flat screen, Goodwill will take it and someone can buy it from them.  If it breaks down in a year, the buyer will say, "Well, it lasted a year.  Not bad for something I bought at Goodwill."

Where I live there is a great resale store, Restore of Habitat for Humanity, and they pick up.   There are also a couple of charity thrift stores (not all thrift stores are supporting charities), that also pick up.   However, where I used to live I was about 20 miles from the one thrift store that picked up, they claimed that I was inside their pick up area, but wanted me to pay them to come out there.   So, the guy next door helped me haul the couch and love seat to the curb, and someone asked for it before we got back to the house.    The same thing happened with an old computer cart, and a bunch of other things.  

I'm never reselling anything, and ending up on TPC like the refrigerator case, and others that are just ridiculous.    I'm sort of underwhelmed with the new episodes.   Except the one with the car case with the video where the woman ripped her blouse off, and was standing in the street.  

• Love 4

This morning's rerun was the handyman who pressure washed for the defendant, and the defendant refused to pay, claiming he never authorized the work. JM: WHY. DID YOU. MOVE. THE. PATIO. FURNITURE. I crack up every time she asks, and the def just starts spewing nonsense.

• LOL 4

The only case I still remember best from today concerned the married couple who looked like Tweedledum and Tweedledee (I really wondered if they were siblings) who have 3 kids they can't afford so invite the def, who looks like he's had a rough life to come and live with them and the kids in their rented place. P. hubby knew him from some gym the def. manages but everything should run perfectly, I guess. Talking to somone who is at work is not quite the same as living with them . Hell, it's hard enough sometimes to live with someone you love, never mind some guy you shoot the breeze with at his work.  He pays 500$/mnth and plaintiffs pay 750/month which hardly seems fair since he's one person and they are five.

Def goes on FB to bitch about what dirty pigs the Ps are. You're bound to get surprises when you go to live with total strangers. He said the place was dirty, always dishes in the sink, stains on the stove, etc. P wife says maybe it wasn't perfect and she does the dishes when she can and anyway it's not so bad that you can't actually get through the door. Hmm, not something I would mention when describing the state of my house: "Hey, come for dinner and don't worry - you can actually past the door today!"

Def, Mr. Brescol, decides he can't take the slovenliness anymore after he came home late from work and wanted to take a shower AND a bath, but couldn't find his towel. I guess he has only one. He said P wife told him oh, they used it to mop up their son's pee that was all over the floor, it seems. It was his "hygienic" towel, too! "Disrespect" comes into it, but this case I kind of agree. I personally would not mop up pee with someone else's towel.

While Mr. Briscol is talking to JM, his phone starts ringing, I guess at the front desk of the gym. Okay, when I heard that I thought it was my phone, so paused the show and listened for it. JM is annoyed and tells him to shut that phone off. He wheels his office chair over to where it is and answers it with, "How can I help you?" Then JM yells, "Get off the phone! I'm not sitting here while you answer it!" 😄

Anyway, Mr. Brescol wants out, which he does in the form of the ol' moonlight flip and Ps don't even know he's gone and want February rent. He said he left on the 1st, but only got his clothes and stuff on the 2nd, so has to pay the 500$. They wanted March rent too, but tough noogies.

Another case about an outrageous lying def who was so anxious to play with his new toy - a snowplow - that he decides to plow the neighbour's driveway too without consulting with her. She's a 'woman alone' and I guess he feels she can't possibly figure out how to get her driveway plowed. Problem is, neither can he and he smashed ("dinged") her garage door, creating quite a mess. He acknowledges that by text, which JM is reading, about paying to fix the panel but here he tries to say he was referring to dinging her GRASS! In the hall he declares he's not helping anyone again - ever! I'm sure the neighbours who have garage doors heaved a sigh of relief.

Another case about a crook landscaper where no  one believes in contracts and pay in cash. I wonder if anyone from the revenue service ever does watch these court shows to catch the cheats.

The increasingly decrepit Levin's bot mots deserve to be preserved for posterity: "You're a real pain in the grass." I"m pretty sure 8-year-old boys might get a snicker out of that.

Edited by AngelaHunter
forget how to spell in the wee hours
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The plaintiffs in case one were both puffy and doughy at the same time.  It didn’t help that their computer was angled in an odd position.  The center of the shot was their midriffs (not the most flattering for them) and she was a a bit closer to the camera than him so the whole visual was disturbing for so many reasons.  

And the whole idea of all those persons crammed in a small home is mind-boggling.  I am amazed how many people invite others in their living quarters to share on expenses.  I’d much rather take a shift at Cumberland Farms for extra money rather than having a co-worker move into our extra room.   And they really need to get that puffy/doughy issue checked out with a doctor.

And snowplow guy.  Holy cats.  He can’t see out of one eye and is dealing with big machinery.  His method of business - I’m going to trespass on your property, probably-maybe-perhaps “ding” your lawn then ask if you’d like me to come back on a regular basis.

If I were the plaintiff in this case I’d  go over to the neighbor who told this dummy that I was “living alone” and stomp hard on his instep.  Never in my wildest dreams would I send someone over to my neighbor and say “go ahead, plow her driveway without her permission”.   Are these people aliens?  Where in fresh hell do they come from and why do they live amongst us?  

And crooked landscaper.  Comes to court with no evidence.  Judge needs to rule on his words alone.  Thank goodness the defendant was armed with evidence.  Extra kudos to her for keeping her calm demeanor.  She knew she was in the right and behaved perfectly.  

I saw last night a full moon is happening.  Makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’d much rather take a shift at Cumberland Farms for extra money rather than having a co-worker move into our extra room.   And they really need to get that puffy/doughy issue checked out with a doctor.

I"d rather go and clean peoples' houses than have someone I barely know move in with me, share my bathroom and be around my young kids.

It wasn't even a co-worker in this case, IIRC. Doughy plaintiff seems to imply he's been going to the gym for 3 or 4 years and just chatted with def. I was distracted while trying to imagine what he was doing there all this time, as he didn't look exactly ripped.

You nailed it about the faces, especially the husband. It looked like a thick, uniform layer of dough over his face.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

And crooked landscaper.  Comes to court with no evidence.

Was it this case where he said he could come up with some proof if he had time? I think JM gave him a week and he said he needed two. He's busy. In that case, you get zero time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Was it this case where he said he could come up with some proof if he had time? I think JM gave him a week and he said he needed two. He's busy. In that case, you get zero time.

No, I’m referring to the landscaper yesterday.  JM asked him for several pieces of evidence to support his claim that the patient defendant was trying to get out of paying her bill and he had nothing.  I was also amused by his habit of sticking his rather large face (nose) into the camera looking at the evidence the defendant gave the judge.  Calm down buddy…calm down.  He looked like those cats and dogs on YouTube who are discovering a camera for the first time.

But, your post gave me an idea well after the show.  JM gave the guy (in another episode) one week (didn’t he want three?) to come up with the proof.  I don’t know about that but I suppose she’s the judge.  Anyway, poor Mr. Briscol who answered the gym phone while the case was running really should have answered…

”Geez lady, you gave that other moron a week to gather his evidence, can you give me three minutes to get the information needed for a new membership?  My monthly quota is low and my new place wants the rent in advance”.

"Remote-Control Plane Problem"    Case 1-plaintiff was buying a remote-control airplane from defendant, using Pay Pal for payment, and plaintiff says he never received the plane.   Defendant says they agreed on how to ship, apparently by Greyhound, and the plane's now lost.  Of course, no claim by defendant from Greyhound.    $500 plane was only insured for $100 by defendant.   Plaintiff gets $437 (I think).

Case 2-Plaintiff was walking his adorable little dog, Sassy, when defendant's Pit Bull attacked the smaller dog, with $697 vet bills.     As usual, defendant claims his dog is harmless, never attacked another dog, and dog is his service dog, and he's not paying anything.   Sassy the Shih Tzu is in front of the camera.    Plaintiff's dog was leashed when Pit Mix attacked Sassy, and Pit was not on a leash, or behind a fence.  Defendant did nothing to help.    Defendant says Daisy, the dog mauler, was only off her leash for a minute, and never hurts other dogs.  Besides, defendant says he has an invisible fence.   Defendant says dog isn't a Pit mix, but a Lab/American Bulldog mix (many animal shelters call anything with a block head a Lab cross, so they can get insurance, and won't have restrictions on breeds effect them),  An American Bulldog is a bully breed, so defendant is full of it.   

Defendant says he can't afford to pay the $670, and claims plaintiff had pet insurance that paid all but $16, and plaintiff says he doesn't have pet insurance.  As Judge Marilyn points out, if you have an auto accident you don't get off the hook because the other person has insurance.    Plaintiff receives $670.  I loathe the defendant.

Case 3 - Plaintiff wants her $2650 security deposit back, plus $1000 included to move out on time,  landlords sold house, and plaintiff moved, but not for two months late.

Landlords sold the house, said if she vacated by a certain date they would repay the $1650, plus $1000, and tenant agreed, but stayed two months after the date she agreed to.   Plaintiff was a tenant at the house for 13 years.   The defendant says that the buyer only wanted a vacant house, and after plaintiff squatted in the house for two months, they lost the contract.       After all of these years, plaintiff was on a year-to-year lease, that changed to month-to-month, and plaintiff had two months notice to move, and get the $1000 bonus, and her entire security deposit back. 

The $2650 plaintiff is suing for, is the security $1650, and the bonus of $1000.  Judge Marilyn tosses the extra $1,000.    If anyone wonders why leased houses aren't attractive to buyers, this is why.    I don't blame the buyer for backing out, since the woman wasn't moving, and it would be a long time to get an eviction.   

Landlady says plaintiff left a bunch of trash, and furniture, and a lot of other things behind in the house.   There is a long line of boxes, and junk next to the sidewalk.    There are two sofas, a fridge, pots and pans, and all kinds of stuff left behind.   The person the landlords found to haul the trash out would cost $650.    Plaintiff told defendant that they could take the $650 out of the house, and refund $1,000 security.    

After the case with Doug, plaintiff who claimed she lived alone, mentions she and her family have found a new place, and are happy.    

Judge Marilyn gives $1,000 to plaintiff, even though she squatted in the house for an extra month, by leaving her stuff behind.  Another example of why no landlord should ever go on this show, or since Judge Judy ended filming, not on her new show either.   Plaintiff should have had to pay the dump fees, the junk service fees, and the last month's rent, so she didn't deserve a penny. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Did anyone else think the male defendant in the Landlords Sell House case looked like George W. Bush?  

Also, Sassy the Shih Tzu gets my vote for the most well dressed and well behaved litigant on TPC.   She was adorably cute with her tiny pink bows.  You just know the plaintiffs pamper her to high heaven.  They’re fortunate she recuperated from her injuries.

40 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Remote-Control Plane Problem"    Case 1-plaintiff was buying a remote-control airplane from defendant, using Pay Pal for payment, and plaintiff says he never received the plane.   Defendant says they agreed on how to ship, apparently by Greyhound, and the plane's now lost.  Of course, no claim by defendant from Greyhound.    $500 plane was only insured for $100 by defendant.   Plaintiff gets $437 (I think).

Case 2-Plaintiff was walking his adorable little dog, Sassy, when defendant's Pit Bull attacked the smaller dog, with $697 vet bills.     As usual, defendant claims his dog is harmless, never attacked another dog, and dog is his service dog, and he's not paying anything.   Sassy the Shih Tzu is in front of the camera.    Plaintiff's dog was leashed when Pit Mix attacked Sassy, and Pit was not on a leash, or behind a fence.  Defendant did nothing to help.    Defendant says Daisy, the dog mauler, was only off her leash for a minute, and never hurts other dogs.  Besides, defendant says he has an invisible fence.   Defendant says dog isn't a Pit mix, but a Lab/American Bulldog mix (many animal shelters call anything with a block head a Lab cross, so they can get insurance, and won't have restrictions on breeds effect them),  An American Bulldog is a bully breed, so defendant is full of it.   

Defendant says he can't afford to pay the $670, and claims plaintiff had pet insurance that paid all but $16, and plaintiff says he doesn't have pet insurance.  As Judge Marilyn points out, if you have an auto accident you don't get off the hook because the other person has insurance.    Plaintiff receives $670.  I loathe the defendant.

Case 3 - Plaintiff wants her $2650 security deposit back, plus $1000 included to move out on time,  landlords sold house, and plaintiff moved, but not for two months late.

Landlords sold the house, said if she vacated by a certain date they would repay the $1650, plus $1000, and tenant agreed, but stayed two months after the date she agreed to.   Plaintiff was a tenant at the house for 13 years.   The defendant says that the buyer only wanted a vacant house, and after plaintiff squatted in the house for two months, they lost the contract.       After all of these years, plaintiff was on a year-to-year lease, that changed to month-to-month, and plaintiff had two months notice to move, and get the $1000 bonus, and her entire security deposit back. 

The $2650 plaintiff is suing for, is the security $1650, and the bonus of $1000.  Judge Marilyn tosses the extra $1,000.    If anyone wonders why leased houses aren't attractive to buyers, this is why.    I don't blame the buyer for backing out, since the woman wasn't moving, and it would be a long time to get an eviction.   

Landlady says plaintiff left a bunch of trash, and furniture, and a lot of other things behind in the house.   There is a long line of boxes, and junk next to the sidewalk.    There are two sofas, a fridge, pots and pans, and all kinds of stuff left behind.   The person the landlords found to haul the trash out would cost $650.    Plaintiff told defendant that they could take the $650 out of the house, and refund $1,000 security.    

After the case with Doug, plaintiff who claimed she lived alone, mentions she and her family have found a new place, and are happy.    

Judge Marilyn gives $1,000 to plaintiff, even though she squatted in the house for an extra month, by leaving her stuff behind.

No way was that plaintiff entitled to any money in the last case. She left her junk behind and she made sure to say how happy she was. Bad verdict by JM.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, rcc said:

No way was that plaintiff entitled to any money in the last case. She left her junk behind and she made sure to say how happy she was. Bad verdict by JM.

That was a shocker RCC.  

It costs plenty to haul junk and when JM asked why did it take so long the defendant should have said that everything is delayed because of COVID even trash haulers.  

Then again, maybe the defendant watches TPC and didn’t want any provocation to get JM to start in on how she didn’t get to go to her daughter’s graduation.

And did you know the daughters are accomplished, talented, experienced, much-sought-after singers? 

Color me surprised.

25 minutes ago, rcc said:

No way was that plaintiff entitled to any money in the last case.

I was very disappointed at this tale of entitlement being rewarded. "I lived there THIRTEEN YEARS". So? That doesn't give you special privileges.

Defs treated P fairly during all her years living there, then informed her nearly 90 days in advance there was a contract in place to sell the house and she needed to get out. They even offered her 1,000$  bonus plus her security to clear out - not early either but just on time - and she just thought "Screw that" and didn't leave for nearly a month after the date she agreed to leave. She caused the defs to lose the contract to sell the house since I guess the new buyers weren't keen on having a roomie for over a month.

Defs have to pay to clear out all the junk and trash plaintiff couldn't be bothered to take with her, and she's here asking for the 1K she was promised if she got out on time and she never did! Where does this kind of gall come from? She didn't deserve one penny after all the grief and expense she caused for the defs. Outrageous. I know how much it costs to get crap cleared out if you want it done quickly and well, as with 1-800-Got-Junk. It's well worth it, but not cheap.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Remote-Control Plane Problem" 

It was funny how P took pains to inform JM that his planes are "not toys". Really? They can't be used to transport anything and are just used to fly around with a remote control, for fun. Sorry, but they are toys and you play with these toys, so get over it. Who cares anyway? He's allowed to have his toys.

Def was a shifty weasel, who was "too busy" to find a few minutes to refund P's money. He's also a liar who says he insured the plane for 500$ but for some reason the agent wrote 100$. I guess D was too busy to correct that.

As JM said, he no doubt gambled that nothing would happen to the plane being transported on a Greyhound bus during hurricanes and saw no reason to insure for full value, just as our litigants rarely bother with house/car insurance even when they have virtual strangers living in their homes and driving their cars and who gamble that nothing bad will ever happen. Sometimes you win at games of chance and sometimes you lose. I guess some people just like livin' on the edge.

• Love 6

I’m sure I’ll have my lawn dinged by the mods but I am confused about the Greyhound bus transit 

Does Greyhound deliver packages?  People schlep suitcases and bags with them.  Where’s the space for delivery service packages?  

Just wondering 

6 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m sure I’ll have my lawn dinged by the mods but I am confused about the Greyhound bus transit 

Does Greyhound deliver packages?  People schlep suitcases and bags with them.  Where’s the space for delivery service packages?  

Just wondering 

There are big spaces under the bus to take luggage, and packages.     I think they only use the front bins for baggage, and the back ones for cargo. 

It was ridiculous for the seller to only insure the package with the RC plane for $100, when it was worth $500. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are big spaces under the bus to take luggage, and packages.     I think they only use the front bins for baggage, and the back ones for cargo. 

It was ridiculous for the seller to only insure the package with the RC plane for $100, when it was worth $500. 

Thanks CrazyInAlabama.

I just thought there was the front bins.  Makes sense.

"You Stole My Logo"  Sorry to pre-judge a show, but the title sounds boring. 

Case 1-Plaintiff suing defendant over defendant using the logos for billboards that defendant designed.   I'm suspecting they're only on the show to promote their business.   Defendant gets the $100 plaintiff owes him.    Despicable of plaintiff to try to rip off a 17 year old kid trying to get a start in the business.

Case 2-Plaintiff hired defendant to build a back yard gazebo, he says defendant was supposed to get the permit, never did.    After paying defendant $3,000, a stop work order for no permit was issued.   Defendant claims getting the permit was up to plaintiff.     Each litigant blames the other for the lack of permits.    Contract looks like a partially filled in blank office store contract.    Plaintiff claims defendant said he was licensed and bonded, but defendant isn't.  In that jurisdiction, unlicensed contractors can't pull permits (I don't know about other locations, and permitting rules), but the homeowner could.   Plaintiff also claims contractor/defendant damaged his umbrella and kayak stand.  

Judge Marilyn really rips into plaintiff's ridiculous story.    The 'gazebo' wasn't an open sided gazebo, but the sides would be enclosed, so apparently plaintiff wanted some kind of outdoor room.  THis also would include a window.     I'm guessing that was against HOA rules too.    I really loathe the plaintiff. 

Plaintiff receives $0, defendant claim dismissed also. 

Case 3-Plaintiff claims defendant ran him off the road, and then smashed through his windshield.   Defendant claims plaintiff tried to pass on the right, on a one-lane road.  Plaintiff blames everything on defendant.  Plaintiff says defendant was backing out of his driveway, on a residential street, claims defendant stopped,  swerved left, plaintiff went around to the right, and claims defendant gunned it and ran him off the road. 

Defendant says he never stopped, and plaintiff hit his car, and claims he never ran anyone off the road. 

Defendant wins.  Strange case. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Despicable of plaintiff to try to rip off a 17 year old kid trying to get a start in the business.

Bunch of hustlas today.

Stupid dipshit big-time operator P with the Sharpie-drawn silly placard around his neck liked the kid's hustle and his "verve" so to reward him he beats him out of 100$ while using the kid's work for free.  Yes, he used it, but he didn't really like it all that much. He was just trying to promote the kid and scamming him seems the best way to do it.

He also whips out a fistful of cash to wave at JM to prove he could pay the kid. JM says she'll wait while he gets on Venmo or Pay Pal to send the kid the money right now. "No, I'm not going to do that", says the pudding-faced clown. He twice tells JM, "That's your opinion" and that he thinks his appearance here will get him more clients. Man, he's stupid. JM makes sure to spread the word that no one will do business with "Mr. Lewis and "No More Errors" films". I love when she does that.

In the hall Doug wants to know how he feels being exposed for the scumbag he is on national TV. "Any promotion is good promotion," states the grinning fool. Really? So being shown up as someone who would rip off a kid for 100$ is "good promotion" that will give him some kind of cred? He thinks it is.

47 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 2-Plaintiff hired defendant to build a back yard gazebo

I loathed him too. JM brings up what I was thinking - the P has a property right on the water with a private dock, and cheaps out by hiring some unlicensed handyman "on the down-low"  for cash to do this work ("He was very enthusiastic about it" we are told twice) and pretends he doesn't understand that weird estimate he gets for some "Boatslip" place. He's not only too cheap to hire a licensed contractor also too cheap to get permits. He expects JM to believe he thought some handyman who looks and sounds like he lives in a tent could go and pull permits on property not his own. I believed everything the D said and I see why P's neighbours hate him. He is an obnoxious, unbearable liar.

53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff claims defendant ran him off the road

I learned something in this case: "You can't run regular people off the road." Maybe irregular people, but for sure not regular ones! Another dumbass hustlah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Bunch of hustlas today

Succinct.

I particularly despised the plaintiff in the gazebo case.  Without question the defendant was not as “sophisticated” as the plaintiff and anyone can see that the plaintiff took advantage of someone I’m sure he believed was below his status.

Contractors here can/do get permits for remodeling.  They also get those permits prior to starting the project and the permits are placed in a prominent place so that the town officials know everything is above board.

If the permit wasn’t properly displayed the savvy plaintiff had to know something wasn’t right.  At this point, the hustla should have made the inquiries himself.  Another tipoff is that the cost of the permits are on the estimate.

He clearly took advantage of this handyman who looked like a bundle of frayed nerves.  Hustla didn’t want to pay for contractors work.  And gazebo my fanny…he was adding something much more. Cheap ass.  I hope his deck collapses in the lake and takes his “gazebo” with it.

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

And gazebo my fanny…he was adding something much more.

To me it seemed he was adding an enclosed structure with sides made of plywood to block out (windows on a gazebo?) and piss off his neighbours who seem to hate him, no doubt with very good reason. He knew damned well it wasn't legal to do that and no permits would be issued, hence his informing his handyman the site was hidden from the street and wanted to do it on the "down low".

• Love 3

I met this character somewhere as I was getting the boot from my apartment because I don't pay my rent. SSM defense! My new beau is an ex-con who just got out of the penitentiary after serving 15 years and is on parole, so it seemed like the smart thing to do to move in with him with my child. Why isn't his name on the lease?  Oops, I never saw the part of the lease that asked for that, so it's not my fault that it's only in my name.

Anyway, what could go wrong? He has his own house, a deed to a house , he tells 'Miss Milian'. ( She told him to stop repeating that he had his own house after 2 times, but he squeezes in a 3rd repetition), so he's only moving in with me as a favour to me. He just has a big heart, I guess. Or he sold his house since he's now in an apartment of his own. Or something. Who cares? I have no money but I buy a bunch of furniture I can't afford since I know I"m leaving and maybe the vendors will be unable to trace me, and no one pays rent or utilities.  I gave up.

Then we got a boring COVID case where parents want to have nightclub, break-dancing bar mitzvah for their son and all the usual from def. - no refunds and all that. Parents get their money back.  Def says he held that date for the plaintiffs, but as JM informs him, no one else could have booked it anyway, since parties were not being allowed in Feb, unless you wanted a party where dancing, socializing, and sitting together were verboten. JM reiterates the heartbreak of her daughters being denied their big graduation parties.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I met this character somewhere as I was getting the boot from my apartment because I don't pay my rent. SSM defense! My new beau is an ex-con who just got out of the penitentiary after serving 15 years and is on parole, so it seemed like the smart thing to do to move in with him with my child. Why isn't his name on the lease?  Oops, I never saw the part of the lease that asked for that, so it's not my fault that it's only in my name.

Anyway, what could go wrong? He has his own house, a deed to a house , he tells 'Miss Milian'. ( She told him to stop repeating that he had his own house after 2 times, but he squeezes in a 3rd repetition), so he's only moving in with me as a favour to me. He just has a big heart, I guess. Or he sold his house since he's now in an apartment of his own. Or something. Who cares? I have no money but I buy a bunch of furniture I can't afford since I know I"m leaving and maybe the vendors will be unable to trace me, and no one pays rent or utilities.  I gave up.

Then we got a boring COVID case where parents want to have nightclub, break-dancing bar mitzvah for their son and all the usual from def. - no refunds and all that. Parents get their money back.  Def says he held that date for the plaintiffs, but as JM informs him, no one else could have booked it anyway, since parties were not being allowed in Feb, unless you wanted a party where dancing, socializing, and sitting together were verboten. JM reiterates the heartbreak of her daughters being denied their big graduation parties.

Not a good day for cases.

• Love 1

Are kids still doing break dancing?    I'm just glad we weren't subjected to the video of the kid break dancing.    I can only imagine what helicopter mommy's idea of great dancing by her son looks like.  

I just knew Judge Marilyn would bring up her kid's skipped events.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Are kids still doing break dancing?    I'm just glad we weren't subjected to the video of the kid break dancing.    

I’ll bet the farm the kid also “raps”.  

14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just knew Judge Marilyn would bring up her kid's skipped events.   

Talk about a broken record.  Nonstop about her three wonder kids.  Enough already.  We get it and we accept that they’re superior to us.

Now JM with that out of the way, would you please focus on the litigants and their issues and stop shoehorning your superior children into every conversation, every question and every case.

27 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Talk about a broken record.  Nonstop about her three wonder kids.  Enough already.  We get it and we accept that they’re superior to us.

Now JM with that out of the way, would you please focus on the litigants and their issues and stop shoehorning your superior children into every conversation, every question and every case.

I've started only watching PC after I've saved it on the DVR.  Then I can skip the lawyer commercials and Harvey, and if the viewer question is about whether John leaves the toilet seat up or the words "our daughters" are spoken . . . zoom!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've started only watching PC after I've saved it on the DVR.  Then I can skip the lawyer commercials and Harvey, and if the viewer question is about whether John leaves the toilet seat up or the words "our daughters" are spoken . . . zoom!!!!

Great minds think alike.  I rarely if ever watch anything live anymore.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

You mean you used to watch this live? With hall clown intro/Levin 2nd intro with his dumb "It's the case of..." and "He hardly knew her"/ 5 minute Plexaderm (Dermaplex?) infomercials/ yelling Pillow Pimp extended commercial/ Levin recap of the case and "Let's  listen!"/ shady "Disability - it's ALL we do!" lawyers/"Hey Harvey" fake emails/and on and on, with a few minutes of the case squeezed in?

I have a new commercial with some guy who can't seem to open his eyes (he might need Plexaderm) and who looks like an amalgamation of every sleazy used car salesman x snake oil shill who ever lived. I don't even know what he's peddling since I FF over him at triple speed.

Fortitude - you has it.👍

I’ll bet the farm the kid also “raps”.  

Now that you mention it, I bet that's what she meant. That makes me really wish we'd seen it. Nothing will ever top the Rock 'n Roll Rabbi, but it could have at least been another Gong Show moment.

• LOL 4

I am not worthy to be in the company of this esteemed group*.

I watch it live and look forward to it since I partake of a tasty lunch in the event there are dud cases - at least I enjoyed my meal.  I never thought of dvd’ing it and FF through the dull parts.  If I were to do that my lunch hour would be reduced to 8.5 minutes.

*Esteemed group yes indeed.  But whatever you do DO NOT think you’re on the level of JM’s girls.  Nowhere close.  We mere mortals aren’t even in the parking lot of the ballpark compared to them.

58 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

If I were to do that my lunch hour would be reduced to 8.5 minutes.

I just watched a case on YT. If you remove all the ads, all of Levin's/Ex-Hall Clown's stupid buffoonery it lasted about 8 minutes. Let's say 10 on average, to be fair. So we get around 30 minutes of the actual cases out of an hour.

But whatever you do DO NOT think you’re on the level of JM’s girls.

Nope. No, sir. I would never think I'm on that level. No way.

• LOL 3

Interesting title on today's new episode, "Coffin Crisis"

Case 1-Plaintiff buried his late wife, went to see the cemetery office about a picture monument/headstone, and cemetery office personnel told him only one type of headstone was possible, no picture ones.   So, plaintiff wanted his family member exhumed, and moved to another cemetery that allows picture headstones.   The cemetery rules are no family members watch exhumations (I'm guessing in case the coffin has deteriorated, so remains would be exposed), so he hired defendant to video the removal, for $340.  Cemetery workers started hours earlier, so he called defendant to get to the cemetery right now.   Plaintiff actually thinks the cemetery people will open the casket.    

Defendant is a private investigator.   So, defendant got there, started videoing, but only made it after the removal started.   There were two investigators videoing the removal.    Then plaintiff calls investigators to move locations, and they videoed the removal.   Plaintiff actually left in the middle of the exhumation to pick a relative up from the airport, and they can go to the reburial.    Plaintiff calls defendant and tells the detectives to move viewing angles, but the crucial time was missed because plaintiff told the detectives to move.   However, plaintiff wants his money back from defendant because the two men missed filming the crucial part of the removal, and putting into the concrete transfer vault, but because plaintiff told them to move right then.  

Plaintiff is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.    He claims there were two concrete crypts on the truck, but you can only see one.   He actually thinks the cemetery didn't move the wife, but just left her in the buial plot.   Plaintiff also claims that the video showing only one concrete crypt on the truck is faked.   (My guess is that if plaintiff had been at the graveside for the exhumation, he would have demanded to have the casket opened). 

Plaintiff case dismissed.  (He wants to dig up the wife again to look in the coffin and make sure the wife is in there. My guess is that a lot of rules were made just for plaintiff, after other problems with the cemetery office).   (I think the concrete crypt is a transfer case, to put the coffin in, in case the coffin is deteriorating.   It may also serve as a vault to keep the grave from caving in.)

Case 2-Plaintiff suing old friend defendant over a cancelled comedy show, and is suing defendant for $1051 for 15 concert tickets.    Defendant says the Martin Lawrence show was postponed, not cancelled.    (Tell me this isn't another chance to hear how Covid ruined her daughters' lives).      There were a bunch of tickets, but defendant's emails didn't show that many tickets.  Defendant says plaintiff didn't buy 12 on one day, but bought a few one day, then more a few days later, but the total was 12 tickets.    However, plaintiff claims she bought 15 tickets, and defendant says 12 tickets. 

Defendant didn't get a refund, because the venue doesn't give refunds on postponed events.     Defendant will send proof of the 12 tickets purchased, and both cases are dismissed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Interesting title on today's new episode, "Coffin Crisis"

Case 1-Plaintiff buried his late wife, went to see the cemetery office about a picture monument/headstone, and cemetery office personnel told him only one type of headstone was possible, no picture ones.   So, plaintiff wanted his family member exhumed, and moved to another cemetery that allows picture headstones.   The cemetery rules are no family members watch exhumations (I'm guessing in case the coffin has deteriorated, so remains would be exposed), so he hired defendant to video the removal, for $340.  Cemetery workers started hours earlier, so he called defendant to get to the cemetery right now.   Plaintiff actually thinks the cemetery people will open the casket.    

Defendant is a private investigator.   So, defendant got there, started videoing, but only made it after the removal started.   There were two investigators videoing the removal.    Then plaintiff calls investigators to move locations, and they videoed the removal.   Plaintiff actually left in the middle of the exhumation to pick a relative up from the airport, and they can go to the reburial.    Plaintiff calls defendant and tells the detectives to move viewing angles, but the crucial time was missed because plaintiff told the detectives to move.   However, plaintiff wants his money back from defendant because the two men missed filming the crucial part of the removal, and putting into the concrete transfer vault, but because plaintiff told them to move right then.  

Plaintiff is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.    He claims there were two concrete crypts on the truck, but you can only see one.   He actually thinks the cemetery didn't move the wife, but just left her in the buial plot.   Plaintiff also claims that the video showing only one concrete crypt on the truck is faked.   (My guess is that if plaintiff had been at the graveside for the exhumation, he would have demanded to have the casket opened). 

Plaintiff case dismissed.  (He wants to dig up the wife again to look in the coffin and make sure the wife is in there. My guess is that a lot of rules were made just for plaintiff, after other problems with the cemetery office). 

Case 2-Plaintiff suing old friend defendant over a cancelled comedy show, and is suing defendant for $1051 for 15 concert tickets.    Defendant says the Martin Lawrence show was postponed, not cancelled.    (Tell me this isn't another chance to hear how Covid ruined her daughters' lives).      There were a bunch of tickets, but defendant's emails didn't show that many tickets.  Defendant says plaintiff didn't buy 12 on one day, but bought a few one day, then more a few days later, but the total was 12 tickets.    However, plaintiff claims she bought 15 tickets, and defendant says 12 tickets. 

Defendant didn't get a refund, because the venue doesn't give refunds on postponed events.     Defendant will send proof of the 12 tickets purchased, and both cases are dismissed. 

That first case was unbelievable. He should have made sure they would accomodate his choice of headstone. Not smart.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

I'm watching today's episode now and JM just said she had her daughter's godmother videotape her daughter's birth with her phone. Were phones able to video (or video with any kind of quality) when JM was having her girls?

The youngest was born in 2001. Yessir, what I'd love is someone standing there with a camera aimed between my outspread legs and filming it all for posterity. Yes, I know many people do this and are very happy about it. I'm just an antediluvian grump who feels that not everything is a spectator sport for something to be posted on FB but each to his own.

Lots of bad wigs today.

45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

That was painful. I understand grief and know it can make one irrational but this obsession with coffins, crypts (although I believe that was a grave liner and not a crypt?), overpriced funerals, and decomposed dead bodies I do not understand, although I know it's a huge money-making industry that preys on the emotions of the bereaved. How many more times is this man going to have his wife dug up and dragged hither and yon? To me, that is way worse than not having some picture memorial erected.  It's hardly resting in peace. The detective is right - P needs to get some help for his problems.  When my number is up, I don't care if I get dumped into a large Hefty bag and put on the curb.

45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

-Plaintiff suing old friend defendant over a cancelled comedy show,

Oh, no. So def, who comes from "very good stock" was so stressed over too many phone calls that she needed  to get an IV with some sort of medication  - she doesn't know what - and a trip to a neurologist for said stress? I guess all that good breeding could make one a little high-strung. After listing to the ravings of both of them talking over each other and over her, I think JM needed a neurologist.

Judge John was an English major? Watching this show must cause him intense stress. I hope he won't need an IV.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Had bad day and can't find anyone to sue about it
  • Love 5

Aww…I know CrazyInAlabama thinks the plaintiff in the CrazyCoffinCaper was a few sandwiches short of a picnic (and maybe he is) but I have a different take on this particular situation.

He’s doing everything he can to avoid grieving.  Granted, fussing and moving  your wife’s coffin like it’s a checkers piece is totally irrational but the truth is, if he’s busy moving his wife all across the state sampling different cemetery plots…he doesn’t have the time or energy to grieve.  This is occupying his mind and perhaps getting him through the day.  If he didn’t have this to contend with he’d have to face the quietness of his home without his wife.  The problem is that he can only do this so many times and be it next month or next year - he is going to have to face his grief.  I hope he gets the help he needs.

And I wasn’t going to mention this but I need to…I was having my lunch while the defendant in the CancelledComedyKerfuffle poised her phone so JM could read it.  Not sure if anyone else caught it but under defendant’s 6” talons was black and brown crud.  Honest to Pete I had to change the channel for a few minutes.  My stomach is tumbling a bit thinking about it.

And JM has children?  Wow.  I didn’t know that.  It’s not like she mentions them or anything.  

6 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

if he’s busy moving his wife all across the state sampling different cemetery plots…he doesn’t have the time or energy to grieve. 

I absolutely get that. I'm sure everyone here who has suffered a profound loss gets it too but hiring detectives for 2k or so and unearthing and dragging his poor wife's remains around isn't going to help at all. I wish JM, who loves to counsel, had advised him to find a support group - he knows how to use a computer and there are some online if he doesn't want to go - where he can talk about his wife and his feelings as much as he likes with people who understand and won't mouth platitudes like, "She's in a better place", etc. ( I also understand why people say those things)There are some things that are too big for us to deal with on our own.

14 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Not sure if anyone else caught it but under defendant’s 6” talons was black and brown crud.

Sometimes I'm very thankful I miss a lot. 🤢 I only noticed her waving them around the way all the taloned(is that a word?) litigants do and didn't look closely.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I absolutely get that. I'm sure everyone here who has suffered a profound loss gets it too but hiring detectives for 2k or so and unearthing and dragging his poor wife's remains around isn't going to help at all. I wish JM, who loves to counsel, had advised him to find a support group - he knows how to use a computer and there are some online if he doesn't want to go - where he can talk about his wife and his feelings as much as he likes with people who understand and won't mouth platitudes like, "She's in a better place", etc. ( I also understand why people say those things)There are some things that are too big for us to deal with on our own.

Couldn’t say it any better.  It was an opportunity missed by JM.

23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Sometimes I'm very thankful I miss a lot. 🤢 I only noticed her waving them around the way all the taloned(is that a word?) litigants do and didn't look closely.

Nasty, nasty, nasty.  

Perhaps another reason (subconsciously) why I do not dvd the episodes.  That…and I’m not really sure how to.  I miss the days of “popping a videotape in my Panasonic VCR.  

11 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Perhaps another reason (subconsciously) why I do not dvd the episodes.  That…and I’m not really sure how to.  I miss the days of “popping a videotape in my Panasonic VCR.  

I hear that. I clung to my outdated technology til the bitter end.  I learned to DVR for self-defense as I've developed an allergy to endless, disgusting commercials.

You have a different provider, system etc, than I do, but I think it's usually like this (someone more tech-savvy correct me if I'm wrong) if your provider has DVR enabled.

Go to your Program Guide and find The People's Court listing.

Click on that.

You should get options for recording, i.e., "Record episode" and "Record series" "Record all, new and rerun" or just "new". Click on Record series and you should see it offers to record every day at whatever time it airs in your area. Hope this is helpful! You, too, will never have to listen to another dopey word from the big flappy lips of Levin!

• Love 1
On 9/24/2021 at 7:57 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I hear that. I clung to my outdated technology til the bitter end.  I learned to DVR for self-defense as I've developed an allergy to endless, disgusting commercials.

You have a different provider, system etc, than I do, but I think it's usually like this (someone more tech-savvy correct me if I'm wrong) if your provider has DVR enabled.

Go to your Program Guide and find The People's Court listing.

Click on that.

You should get options for recording, i.e., "Record episode" and "Record series" "Record all, new and rerun" or just "new". Click on Record series and you should see it offers to record every day at whatever time it airs in your area. Hope this is helpful! You, too, will never have to listen to another dopey word from the big flappy lips of Levin!

Thank you.

I am playing with it now.  And yes, my program guide does work this way so far.

Poor “Hey Harvey” - another one is going to skip right by his nonsense.

7 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Poor “Hey Harvey” - another one is going to skip right by his nonsense.

You've deleted him as your avatar and now (with any luck) you will eliminate the sight and sound of him. You are the Levin Terminator. He'll be crushed.

"Terminator? He hardly KNEW 'ER!"

• LOL 6
On 9/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, readheaded said:

I'm watching today's episode now and JM just said she had her daughter's godmother videotape her daughter's birth with her phone. Were phones able to video (or video with any kind of quality) when JM was having her girls?

I think her oldest is 20 (she mentioned graduating from high school and I seem to recall her being pregnant early in series when she took over in 2001 from Jerry Schiendlin.   Samsung introduced a camera on its phone in 2000 but it didn't come into widespread use until 2004.  And even then it didn't do video.  Even the original iPhone didn't do video.  So I think that whole "video'd the birth" is probably hooey, as I seriously doubt that she had a Samsung camera phone in 2001.  

This wouldn't be the first time, though.  I remember her telling the story about "meeting" her husband while adjudicating a matter and said that she spent the whole night crying to him about the failed relationship she'd just gotten out of - which made me think he met her in a bar.  Now it's all nudge, nudge, "introduce me to your friend" and the crying jag story hasn't been mentioned again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It was a shock when I turned my TV at 3PM to watch TPC and TMZ was on instead - the show has been moved to 4PM and I gotta think it has to do with Judge Judy, which has been on at 4PM here for a million years. 

With no new JJ syndicated episodes, I'm sure that the channel airing it here will be dropping it from the lineup any day now and they've moved TPC to that timeslot to get the JJ audience.  Luckily my DVR picked up the time change and I won't miss the show.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, readheaded said:

Phones aren't the only way to make home movies.  There's also camcorders and video recorders, and 8mm cameras.  

My mom has a cute 8mm clip of me trying to dance the twist with my dad in 1966.  And another one of me standing in my home sewn tiger costume for Halloween.  Mom was trying to get me to do the whole pretend clawing and growling thing, but I was having none of it.  As she tells it, I did it once so she got out the camera, and I was suspicious of what was happening so I wouldn't do it again.  All of my siblings standing behind her growling and swiping the air with their fingers made me think they were making fun of me.  So instead, it's a couple of minutes of me standing there looking pissed.

In 1986, my SIL was expecting her first baby, so her husband bought a camcorder.  He got up close and way too personal with the damned thing in the delivery room as he stood right next to the doctor shooting the whole thing.  Then he went home and asked her parents if they'd like to see their new grandbaby.  They were expecting footage of their daughter in a bed cuddling the newborn, and since the camcorder also recorded audio, they thought she was telling them the sex and name of the new baby.  Nope.  Asshole popped the little tape into a casset adapter so the VCR could play the footage, and turned it on.  The new grandfather left the house and asked his wife to tell him about the baby when it was done.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Zahdii said:

Phones aren't the only way to make home movies.  There's also camcorders and video recorders, and 8mm cameras.  

My mom has a cute 8mm clip of me trying to dance the twist with my dad in 1966.  And another one of me standing in my home sewn tiger costume for Halloween.  Mom was trying to get me to do the whole pretend clawing and growling thing, but I was having none of it.  As she tells it, I did it once so she got out the camera, and I was suspicious of what was happening so I wouldn't do it again.  All of my siblings standing behind her growling and swiping the air with their fingers made me think they were making fun of me.  So instead, it's a couple of minutes of me standing there looking pissed.

In 1986, my SIL was expecting her first baby, so her husband bought a camcorder.  He got up close and way too personal with the damned thing in the delivery room as he stood right next to the doctor shooting the whole thing.  Then he went home and asked her parents if they'd like to see their new grandbaby.  They were expecting footage of their daughter in a bed cuddling the newborn, and since the camcorder also recorded audio, they thought she was telling them the sex and name of the new baby.  Nope.  Asshole popped the little tape into a casset adapter so the VCR could play the footage, and turned it on.  The new grandfather left the house and asked his wife to tell him about the baby when it was done.

Thanks, but JM specifically said that the godmother pulled out her phone to video the birth, hence my question. I wouldn't have thought anything of it had she said camcorder or whatever. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1