Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

The dog case is a bunch of people who think leash laws are for other people.   Pit owner has a wild story, claims everything is the poodle and plaintiff's fault, and claims she called the old pit to help her.  (No, I don't understand any of this).   Poodle owner blames everything on defendant and her Pits, and is counter suing the plaintiffs.    Pits were off leash, but so was poodle.   Plaintiff son got a boo-boo on his knee.    If his poodle had been on leash, hadn't run up on defendant's porch, then poodle might have been saved.    Then, testimony by plaintiff is that the pit drops by her porch in the middle of the night, complete with a photo.   Defendant's pits are apparently running the neighborhood often.    So Judge Marilyn is splitting the vet bills between litigants, because they were both at fault.  $500 to dog walking son, vet bills to plaintiff, and nothing to defendant. 

First case, I only saw the ending with litigants being neighbors, and hating each other.   Then Doug asks if they can get along, nope, little old lady next door will never stop whining.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

All I have to say about today's battling trailer dwellers is def's  argument that she is not anti-Asian: "I have three sons. One is German, one is Mexican, and one is Irish". Never mind how batty that sounds, but I was always under the impression that those are nationalities and not races.

• Love 6
(edited)

OK, in today's first case the defendant (Miss Danielle) was a real mess. Not only did she not bring ANY evidence of the rent she claimed that she paid, I believe she was either drunk or high. She slurred her words, garbled sentences, mumbled and was very noticeably nodding off, in fact most of the time she was on camera, she actually had her eyes closed. Plaintiff might have been a little rough around the edges but he stated his side clearly, listened to the judge, had evidence and his hallterview (wonder if we need a new term with the remote hearings?) he made one of the neatest, coherent and just decent ("I will not let myself hold any hard feeling towards Miss Danielle" as I remember it) interviews I have seen. Nice to see the occasional litigant that really has his act together, most of them seem to complete clods.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 6
On 5/26/2021 at 5:00 PM, AngelaHunter said:

All I have to say about today's battling trailer dwellers is def's  argument that she is not anti-Asian: "I have three sons. One is German, one is Mexican, and one is Irish". Never mind how batty that sounds, but I was always under the impression that those are nationalities and not races.

Did you also noticed she used the age card?  “I’m an elderly woman and I was terrified of her”.  

Elderly woman?  She’s no spring chicken but has some years to go.  I think she’ll throw anything on the wall to see what will stick.  She’s a perpetual “vicktum”. 

I  just ate a bag of licorice stuffed with sweettarts powder and the sugar is messing with my thoughts.   I’ll end here so I am not - in DoctorK’s words - a complete clod. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I believe she was either drunk or high. She slurred her words, garbled sentences, mumbled and was very noticeably nodding off, in fact most of the time she was on camera, she actually had her eyes closed.

I couldn't continue with this for these reasons. Even my CC couldn't take it and was reduced to telling me (inaudible chatter) from the Sainted Single Mother of Three. It should have said (incomprehensible babbling).  I wonder if she's related to the fiance of the 73-year-old deceased man from a case the other day? There was a resemblance.

Next!

We had one of the biggest suckers and one of the most amoral grifters ever. I just loved how JM used the extra time cases are getting now to relentlessly ream out the despicable, hulking heffalump def over her treatment of the plaintiff, even though plaintiff did just lie down and let herself be walked all over like a hotel rug.

In this case we learned that someone can hop on GoGimmeFund to pay for car repairs! Keep that in mind, people, the next time your hoopty needs a new t***** or a brake job. Anyway, grasping grifter def., collected over 800$(!) there, 500$ of which sucker P donated anonymously. I wonder who sent the other 300$. Def still needs another 3200$ for the new t*****, so P texts her, asking if she please might have the privilege of loaning her the money? Of course Def gratefully accepts, acknowledging it's a loan by saying they can work out repayment. She repays 1200$ but then goes into a tailspin because her boyfriend dumped her which is hardly surprising considering what an unpleasant amoral grifter she is.

Anyway, it seems P's boyfriend knew D's ex-boyfriend, so to help this poor little middleaged lump, both of them offer to drive over an hour to pick her up so they can go somewhere to figure out how they can help her. They suggest she move in with them, have a whole floor of the house to herself, pay no rent, and that way be able to save up the money she owes P. Well, def was insulted at this! She lives 5 minutes from her job and how dare they suggest she drive an hour every day - in the car P paid to fix - to work?? JM flipped over that one. The money was a gift, even though her own texts say loan. On the checks she did send plaintiff, she wrote in "Gift" on the memo line.

Even after all this - including Def blocking her everywhere - P continues to write loving messages to the beast, hoping they can be friends and wondering how else she can help her. Def sends P a pic of her in her slip or whatever (not a nice pic) showing how P's harassment of her had given her hives! JM opines that maybe having a guilty conscience can cause hives, but I think she's wrong in this case. Def has mental issues because a boyfriend left her, so stop asking for money! She can't pay it, not even 5$ a month.

JM really wants to know WHY P continues to be so nice to this cretin after being treated so shabbily.

"I'm a 64-year-old woman!" is the answer, which IMO is a really weird non-sequitur, unless she means it's normal to be a total naive sucker if you're 64? Besides, she just "loved" def although neither JM nor I could imagine why.

Def carries on with her "It was a gift" crap until the end and the last few minutes are spent with JM verbally flogging her, which made no impression at all.

In the hall, Doug says that the judge told D she was a user and should be embarrassed and is she? Ha. She starts ranting how she should have countersued for P bothering her and harrassing her all the time and giving her HIVES! "I'm a single woman! I live alone!" How dare anyone expect a single woman to honour her debts? I have a feeling she'll be alone the rest of her life, especially after this.

The P's house looked very nice, and those pillows she had behind her are ones I was looking at on a site called SocietySix - there's also a matching comforter - but they're a little rich for my blood. Maybe I can set up a GoGimmeFund! I'm sure you guys will chip in.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Duh
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Did you also noticed she used the age card?  “I’m an elderly woman and I was terrified of her”.  

Yeah, right. She looked plenty big and husky to me. I'm pretty sure she can pack quite a punch.

43 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I  just ate a bag of licorice stuffed with sweettarts powder and the sugar is messing with my thoughts.

SweetTarts? I can't believe they still make those. I recall them from my high school days.

P.S. Who looks the "posted images" on the sidebar? They're so random and look insane it would make a newcomer wonder what on earth these people are talking about. I see one of my own contributions there - a lovely portrait of the wee Levin troll.

Edited by AngelaHunter
added something
  • LOL 2
52 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Elderly woman?  She’s no spring chicken but has some years to go.

I was curious, and since they gave her full name, I did a little googlin'.  She is 58, and NONE of her Facebook pictures reflect an "elderly" woman.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I was curious, and since they gave her full name, I did a little googlin'.  She is 58, and NONE of her Facebook pictures reflect an "elderly" woman.  

58? Okay, I admit she's kind of a mess and looked closer to 70, but calling herself "elderly" for "poor me" points?  Don't think so, especially from JM who is older and certainly wouldn't class herself as elderly.

8 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Go for it, I will kick in dollar.

Thank you! I just need another 95.20$. It's for a worthy cause, after all.

• Love 4
(edited)

C'mon, people! My GoGimme fund is sitting there with 1.00$ in the kitty. You know my situation!

I was just listening to some lovely piano music which reminded me of Friday's case of "Music Mayhem". Mayhem? Look it up in the dictionary, Levin, you freakin' tool:

a.: willful and permanent deprivation of a bodily member resulting in the impairment of a person's fighting ability

b : willful and permanent crippling, mutilation, or disfigurement of any part of the body

Those things never happened. Anyway, the plaintiff, a music teacher hired def. to put some sort of piano dehumidifier in his upright piano and paid him 500$ up front. He's since learned not to do that.

Mumbling Def didn't do the job. Ever. He just kept the 500$. Well, his friend died and then his uncle died which made it impossible for him to ever come back and do what he was paid to do. He also was unable to give a refund, ever. He does eight piano jobs a day! Sadly, none of those jobs were for P. I guess all the others don't trust him as much and don't pay him upfront. Besides, P's job would have taken him about 4 1/2 hours, and P's piano needed  a screw, or maybe a wire, and he had to drive all the way there, so why would he bother? It was just too much trouble.  I guess it's good he showed up here so anyone thinking of hiring him will know enough not to pay him upfront because he's a thief. 500$ plus interest for the P.  P says he hired someone else who did the job in 1 1/2 hrs.

Edited by AngelaHunter
because I was half-asleep
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2021 at 5:38 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Today we had the 80-year-old computer tech who was requested to work on the shop computers of the def's cleaning business. The shop computers were there when Def bought the business, 5 or 8 or maybe more years ago. P spends 19 1/2 hrs working on these dinosaurs and says he was trying to get "XP" running on them ( he mentions XP many times) doesn't know what to do, calls the company, they explain it but it still doesn't work. According to a letter from the company, P just didn't know what he was doing. He presents Def with a bill for 2,000$. Def starts yelling and cursing at him and it scared the crap out of him.

I had to comment on this case because it is totally in my wheelhouse.  I can see that it would take time to download the different patches and updates, but a lot of that is on the technician.  Many of these updates will run by themselves with a cursory glance to click on things.

I still remember the nightmare of updating Windows 10 to update 1709 and it was killing my computer and requiring me to do resets.  I dug deeper and deeper trying to figure out what it was upset about, and got to the point where it could be the wifi card being incompatible with the new release or something else that I could not find on online.  

After a kajillion hours, I finally bit the bullet and called our local service who told me that it was a flat rate of about $75 to fix the problem.  It turned out that it was the wifi card.  Once it was out, it worked fine again.

So - you can't have an open ended tab running to fix a computer problem.  Can you imagine bringing your car to the garage and they tell you that it will be 2 hours to fix the problem and then they turn around and bill you 20?  Yeah, I don't think so either.  You need to have a sense of what the service will typically cost.  Sometimes you'll finish faster, sometimes slower, and in the end, it should work out for you financially.

I also loved Windows XP and Windows 7 was awesome.  So awesome, that I bought my latest computer a week before Windows 8 came out so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.  Windows 8 was almost as bad as Windows Vista.  I hung on until Windows 10 came out and then upgraded to that.  It's fine, but I hate that it's all a service based now and I really hated it when I had that above problem.

I'm sitting here now installing a new printer - not because my old one broke, but because it uses Adobe Flash Player for its menu and Adobe discontinued it and installed it out of everyone's computer.  So now anything but a basic print is almost impossible.  So, I caved and bought a new printer - but I couldn't get one of those fancy wifi ones because I no longer have my wifi card.  Sigh....

So while I'm at it, I also prefer when the judges discuss the cases.  I don't mind the personal type questions, but I think they would be better interspersed into the shows from time to time as opposed to the whole bunch that we've been getting.

Shockingly, I don't hate Levin as much when he is just commenting on the cases - it must be his peanut gallery that brings out the worst in him.  He's probably a decent enough lawyer, but he's just such a slimy famewhore, that it's hard to see past that to recognize his possible skill set.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, aemom said:

He's probably a decent enough lawyer,

Maybe, but I would prefer him to be the prosecution ( I would walk free even if I were a serial killer) if I were on trial and not my defense lawyer, acting like a clown in a courtroom and playing to the spectators: "It's the case of Killer? HE HARDLY KNEW 'ER!" Then he'd whip out his little mic and giant sippy cup and start schmoozing with the jury:

Levin: "And what do you guys think of my client? *shoves mic in someone's face* Innocent or guilty?"

Juror: "Well, I think-"

Levin: "Gotcher point! Now back to the trial!"

I'd be locked up and the key thrown away even if were only being tried for putting my recycle bin out before 7 p.m or driving In through the Out lane.

Edited by AngelaHunter
3 hours sleep last night.
  • LOL 5

I learned a new word today: "Overbore": verb: Overwhelmed:

have a strong emotional effect on.

"I was overbore with guilt"

In the log splitter case I thought the grandson, Dominick, seemed like a nice boy. I just hope he can escape his trailer-trashy, petty criminal (Daddy and toothless granddaddy both incarcerated for theft), grammatically-challenged roots down in the holler and go on to be successful in life. I believed his testimony.

The law student plaintiff suing her b/f for lease-breaking fees: I wonder if JM was still so enthralled with P when she said, "Me and ____ were..."

I guess law school is going to have to start teaching English 101 or we will have doctors, lawyers, etc, who don't know basic English.

Douglas is not swearing in witnesses now?

• Love 1
(edited)

The regular litigants are sworn before they start filming, Douglas only swears in additional witnesses.  

I don't remember if Doug or Officer Byrd says "the parties have been sworn" as the cases are announced, or if both of them do. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't remember if Doug or Officer Byrd says "the parties have been sworn" as the cases are announced, or if both of them do. 

Haven't watched Judge Judy for a bit, but I know Douglas does, and then she looks at him and says, "Thank you, Douglas."  I seem to recall that when Byrd does it, he just says, "Do you promise to tell the truth in these matters?"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The regular litigants are sworn before they start filming, Douglas only swears in additional witnesses.  

Yes, but now JM is swearing in the additonal witnesses and I was wondering why.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, but now JM is swearing in the additonal witnesses and I was wondering why.

Probably to save time for the Marilyn and John show.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4
(edited)

JM was uber-cranky today. Maybe she had a bad sleep or maybe she's just getting fed up with her daily diet of idiocy, lies, mangled English, and petty scams.

First to piss her off was Ms. Ellis, adult student, who had all trouble in the world trying to figure out what to call a crosswalk: "You know, with the big thick white line...?" She also implied Def was on the sidewalk in his truck. Turns out she again meant that complex "crosswalk" thing. She wanted to cross there with her bicycle.

We find out the def. Mr. Gonzalez, is an evil, diabolical person. P says he was stopped at that big white line. He looked at her, she looked at him and then he looked to the left as it seems he was making a perfectly legal right turn on red light and was checking for traffic from the left. According to her, he intentionally hit the gas he saw her in front of him and she "flew through the air". JM wants to know how far she flew. Well, actually she tipped over and didn't fly at all.

JM wants the hospital records for Ms. Ellis. Well, she doesn't have those in front of her, OF COURSE, but she has her bills. She did have a contusion though! Def called 911 and the police report states that - surprise - the accident was the fault of Ms. Ellis who was improperly using a crosswalk. That's nonsense, and Ms. Ellis complains to JM, "You're not hearing me!" JM heard her loud and clear. Judgement for the Def. who did nothing wrong. In the hall, Ms Ellis opines to Doug that God knows the truth. Good for you.

Second to piss of JM: P hired D - a loud, mouthy meathead -  to cee-ment her yard. She gives him half the money - 1100$ - and never sees him again. All her texts and calls get a litany of excuses - his father was ill. His father died. He got battery acid in his eye. He had an accident and had no truck. P was incredibly patient, but after two years he still never made an appearance. Def was going to do it! Just give him time! He was even giving her a discount because he knows her boyfriend or something. He already had the bricks from another job. Yeah, I know how that works. The bricks were left over from another job and the client paid for them, so he'd get paid twice for these bricks. But all the cheap bricks in the world did P no favours since he never showed up.

JM mutters, "Disgusting" as she awards the P the 1100$ plus interest. In the hall, Doug tactfully rips D a new one - "Two YEARS? Come on!" as the meathead babbles, "As a friend of a friend, whatever, things happen!" and "I live all the way out East." Doug forces him to say he's sorry for his utter scamming, to which Doug replies, "Of course."

THen we get yet another big Baby Huey Mommy's Boy. He bought this 2100sq ft house when his Mommy told him he wasn't allowed to have a cat. He can't afford to live in this house so rents rooms to a bunch of transients. That didn't work out, so Huey runs back to live with Mommy and decides to rent out the whole house to some total strangers he met on FB. But sadly, his Mommy is picking on him and they squabble so much he thinks he might need to move back to his house. They get over their big kerfuffle ("squash their beef" in litigant lingo) and I guess Mommy and Huey want to move into the house - maybe Mommy even said her boy could have a cat? Nah, I doubt it -  and tells Defs they should look for something else. They move with one-week notice instead of 30 days so Huey wants rent for two months. He wants money for damages as well, but pics shown by the defs reveal they left the place very clean and in great shape. Okay, then, he wants money for the damage def's dogs did chewing the deck railing but he took the pics two months after defs left. He gets his rent and that's all. May he and Mommy live happily ever after.

For some reason ever time Huey mentioned his Momma, I kept picturing this:

Screenshot_2021-06-01 Throw Momma from the Train (1987) Podcast Alcohollywood.png

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Squashing their beef?   Is that anything like bickerbacking?

It seems that "Squashing beef" (yucky as it sounds) is now a legit expression. Even reporters use it. From "Rolling Stone":

Watch Drake and Meek Mill Squash Beef at Boston Concert

I checked out the video, thinking maybe I'd see them stomping some T-bones but alas, no.

Urban dictionary:

squash the beef

to remedy a situation by issuing an apology and/or beating someones ass

Dude, squash the beef and apologize

Maybe we can even get "overbore" ligitimized.

7 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Not only did she ignore the crosswalk, she ignored the light!!

Also as Def pointed out in the hall, cyclists must walk their bikes on crosswalks and not ride them. But it wasn't her fault!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Also as Def pointed out in the hall, cyclists must walk their bikes on crosswalks and not ride them. But it wasn't her fault!

I wish they had to walk them on the sidewalk. One day last week I almost got hit by 3 separate bicyclists.  Which is weird because most days I don't almost get hit by any.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It seems that "Squashing beef" (yucky as it sounds) is now a legit expression. Even reporters use it. From "Rolling Stone":

I checked out the video, thinking maybe I'd see them stomping some T-bones but alas, no.

Sounds yucky as well as painful.

Rolling Stone magazine.  That was edgy when I was in college.

I am so old.

(edited)
5 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Rolling Stone magazine.  That was edgy when I was in college.

I know! I was very surprised to see it still exists, but what do I know? I'm obsolete.

It  must be all puff pieces now, since no one is allowed to say anything, anywhere that could be triggering or make anyone uncomfortable.

The thought of that Mommy and that Huey "squashing" anything is rather unsavoury. Maybe it's good that Momma didn't let him have a cat. He might have squashed it.

I've always loved eating squash but now I'm not so sure.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 2

You Won't Let Me See My Granddaughter - I don't understand these people fighting over a laptop, for "the memories" of the deceased.   The defendant says she wants the PC so she can show it to her daughter in the future, how her father decorated it and she can get a sense of the man.  Sure.  The plaintiff wants the laptop just because... some vague reason I forgot.  I think they were just both wanting that laptop for selfish reasons, not for the child.

JM's ruling was exactly what I thought it should be - they both get copies of the pictures since they were so stuck on preserving and keeping memory and showing the child pics of her dad and sharing stories.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I don't understand these people fighting over a laptop, for "the memories" of the deceased. 

Yes, it seems the only  items people on this show fight over are ones that might have some monetary sentimental value but I guess it's quite possible the only pictures in existence of the late Victor are on the laptop.

The late Victor's girlfriend, Ms. Kwakwa, tells JM that Victor passed away at the age of 28 due to heart problems. Victor's daddy Def was only too eager to clarifiy that the heart failure/attack was brought on by a drug overdose.

There are lots of hard feelings, since Victor accused his Daddy of being a pedophile. I can't help thinking that's a damned weird thing to accuse a parent of being, and that Victor was a depressed drug addict makes me think the accusation (Daddy's g/f calls it a "rumour" but who starts a rumour like that with zero basis?) might have the ring of truth. JM wants to know how this rumour started? Defs give a shrug and non-answer to that. Anyway, Ms. Kwakwa chose to have a baby a year ago with this disturbed addict and now refuses to let Victor's dad see the baby. She wants the computer which Victor decorated and contains the pics. Daddy's girlfriend, another SSM, tries to mediate and she pooh-poohs the idea that her man is a pedo.

Victor's rotund, macho, moon-faced daddy declares that HE should be the one to show his granddaughter all this, since only a man can do that (that went over well with JM) and only he can explain what kind of son, what kind of MAN he raised. Yes, Daddy - a depressed, tormented drug addict who ended up dying at 28 by his own hand. Stellar job you did there, Dad. Oh, he also claims that the computer will be obsolete when the granddaughter is old enough to use it. No kidding, but the pictures, which he refuses to even put on a flashdrive for P,  won't be. I don't think JM's counselling did  bit of good here.

• Love 4

Today’s litigants in the Victor/laptop brewhaha are good examples why most family mediators insist on checking bags and people for weapons prior to entering the building. 

Couple this with grief (sudden death - no matter that he was taking drugs, to those left behind it was sudden) and you have a situation that can quickly escalate. 

Something tells me today’s decision isn’t the last of their interaction. Not by a long shot. 

Can someone fill me in on the verdict in the second case with the tenant and the new landlords?  I dozed off, my DVR didn't record it (as it was supposed to), and the cable box wouldn't even let me back it up.  And the dog ate my homework.

• LOL 3
45 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Can someone fill me in on the verdict in the second case with the tenant and the new landlords?  I dozed off, my DVR didn't record it (as it was supposed to), and the cable box wouldn't even let me back it up.  And the dog ate my homework.

I caught the very end with Doug.  I’m sure the others will fill you in on the details but from what I can gather the defendants lost.  Got nothing.  The plaintiff got some money but not all that she wanted.  

That’s all I got from that case,  

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She got 31.94$ instead of the 800$ since she didn't give a 30-day notice.

And for those of you wondering what this "cupping" that plaintiff learned how to do:

Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction.

I advise you not to look up any pics. Or maybe it's fine and people love it and I'm just squeamish about skin sucked up into a bunch of cups which leaves people looking as though they'd been attacked by a giant squid or the Salt Monster from Star Trek.

star-trek-the-man-trap-darnell.jpg

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

She got 31.94$ instead of the 800$ since she didn't give a 30-day notice.

And for those of you wondering what this "cupping" that plaintiff learned how to do:

I advise you not to look up any pics. Or maybe it's fine and people love it and I'm just squeamish about skin sucked up into a bunch of cups which leaves people looking as though they'd been attacked by a giant squid or the Salt Monster from Star Trek.

Thanks for the info on the case.  I guess we'll be seeing a lot of covid-related cases for the next year or so.

My husband had cupping done several times at a physical therapist's office, and I went with him one time to see how it was done.  It definitely makes the patient look REALLY weird until the bumps go away, but it seemed to be effective in bringing more blood flow to an affected area to increase healing.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

My husband had cupping done several times at a physical therapist's office, and I went with him one time to see how it was done.  It definitely makes the patient look REALLY weird until the bumps go away, but it seemed to be effective in bringing more blood flow to an affected area to increase healing.

Yup, it's just me then with my weird hangups.

• LOL 2

Did Levin just name a case "The Fall of Rome"?   The case is about a Pit Bull killing plaintiff's little dog Roman.   Her other dog Deville survived a first attack.    The strange thing is plaintiff is on the HOA/Condo board, and they told defendant he couldn't have the Pit in the complex, but he has the dog anyway.    The defendant keeps saying his Bully is a small pit, 45 lbs. of solid aggression apparently.      Defendant claims the little dogs attack his dog constantly.    Sorry defendant, but 'incident' doesn't cover your dog killing another dog.   Second attack was of dogs the granddaughters were walking, and the granddaughters ended up scratched and bleeding (I think from the road pavement).  Defendant blames everything on a former girlfriend.   So if the pit isn't allowed by the HOA, then why was the dog still there, and why didn't plaintiff reported the attacks to animal control? 

Defendant got rid of his dog, and I wonder how?  Plaintiff claims she has custody of four grandkids, and claims defendant sent her a letter threatening to report her to DCFS, and have the kids taken away.   Defendant claims the little grandsons run wild, break into cars, and claims they were the ones he was going to report to DCFS.  

Plaintiff gets $500 for dog, $500 for kid's injuries, and $250 cremation costs = $1250 for total costs to plaintiff

(First case was the sordid case of plaintiff's aunt renting to defendant, a former friend of plaintiff.   The twist is the now ex husband of defendant is now plaintiff's husband, and there are kids from defendant and plaintiff husband, but plaintiff and hubby have almost full custody.   The plaintiff also is complaining the two kids were in her custody (actually the husband), the defendant claimed the kid's stimulus check.     I don't even know how this came out, but defendant is a horrible slob.   That house was revolting, not just dirty, but a disgusting place to have children living.    I can see why defendant lost custody.    ).  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(First case was the sordid case of plaintiff's aunt renting to defendant, a former friend of plaintiff. 

"Sordid" does not cover this and as it went it on it just got worse. The insanity here was beyond my ability to comprehend. Disgusting all around. Yeah, so I wouldn't want MY husband's ex-wife (or still wife, according to the nasty, dirty behemoth def) living with us at all and for sure not for three  years while she sits on her butt and sucks up resources. I don't get why the poor kids' father didn't take THEM in, and let their ghastly incubator fend for herself. 

Plaintiff gives herself the air of a saintly martyr, when she just sounds like a damned fool. JM wants to know where this "Torn between two lovers" husband is? Oh, well, he's working because he has to work hard to support everyone, including P who looks pretty able-bodied and speaks well, but just doesn't work.

30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

but defendant is a horrible slob. 

She doesn't like to cook or clean but she sure likes to eat. Hey, me too but that's not an option for any decent person. You just know she's the type to brush the rat droppings off the table before flinging herself into a chair for a take-out repast. I'm just glad it seems the unfortunate kids (I feel so sorry for them) have finally been removed from the clutches of this vile, nasty creature who tells P to "shut up" with no reprimand from JM. I had no sympathy for her coma.

I may have missed something because I was eating and had to FF the sick-making pics of the def's fouled-up nest.

• Love 2

Two very disgusting litigants today. One was a sloppy housekeeper. She complained about the broken fridge door but didn't seem to mind the filthy contents. Or the mattress either. Next case he didn't give a damn that his dog killed the little dog in front of two little girls. People should be ashamed of themselves.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

You just know she's the type to brush the rat droppings off the table before flinging herself into a chair for a take-out repast.

I wondered where this happened also.    That rat droppings quote sounds like one the of Hoarders A&E episodes this season.     Have you been watching that one too? 

The pictures were horrific.    

So  why does Fibromyalgia cause a coma, and mean the defendant can't live alone?   I know people with the disease, and they have problems, but nothing like the defendant reported. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That rat droppings quote sounds like one the of Hoarders A&E episodes this season.     Have you been watching that one too?

No. I don't watch that. I saw a few eps quite a few years ago, but quit at the "cockroach army" which had professional exterminators running in horror from the place and ripping off their hazmat suits as they went, while the occupant of the house stood outside on her porch discussing nail polish. I watch brief clips on YT when I need to get motivated to pull out the steam cleaner.

27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So  why does Fibromyalgia cause a coma

It was either that or pneumonia. Who knows?  My SIL has fibromyalgia but has not yet been in a coma. Both litigants seemed nuttier than fruitcakes.

"Hey, Harvey!" If you are choosing these cases, please try to pull yourself out of your cesspool and stop it.

I ended up switching to the IRS frauds on Hotbench. It turned out to be sordid as well, but at least there were no pititful children forced to live in squalor or pictures of oozing filth.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

No. I don't watch that. I saw a few eps quite a few years ago, but quit at the "cockroach army" which had professional exterminators running in horror from the place and ripping off their hazmat suits as they went, while the occupant of the house stood outside on her porch discussing nail polish. I watch brief clips on YT when I need to get motivated to pull out the steam cleaner.

It was either that or pneumonia. Who knows?  My SIL has fibromyalgia but has not yet been in a coma. Both litigants seemed nuttier than fruitcakes.

"Hey, Harvey!" If you are choosing these cases, please try to pull yourself out of your cesspool and stop it.

I ended up switching to the IRS frauds on Hotbench. It turned out to be sordid as well, but at least there were no pititful children forced to live in squalor or pictures of oozing filth.

Yes Harvey needs to get better cases. I wish JM and JJ would have commented on the cases today. Instead we get to hear about JJ and his pinball machines.

• LOL 2

I had to tune out when I heard the word “rats”. 

I have a crazy irrational fear of them.  They run around like marathon runners in Back Bay.  And they are beyond huge.  My desk faces a street and I saw what I thought was a fat cat running down the sidewalk.  It wasn’t .  I froze for a bit because I was so scared it could get in the building.  I carried an umbrella for several weeks after that in the event one popped up while I was going to my jeep.   

I did see gem #2.  That defendant had to have been in the top 5 of vile creatures on TPC. My advice to the plaintiff is to pack up her four grandchildren and move.  I’m sure you love your home, I’m sure it’s reasonable in price, but move.  Just move.  I don’t trust him and I would not be comfortable sleeping at night knowing that he’s roaming around the complex at night.  

And the plaintiff’s granddaughters were extremely adorable.  I am so sorry they had to see their dog destroyed.

JM should have given her the 5k just for the plaintiff’s attitude alone.

And on another side note , I’m over TPC’s version of The Newlywed Game.  Walking on the beach?  Sharing a sunset?  Giggling over their lovely daughters?   Sheesh.  Methinks they gush a bit much. 

12 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And on another side note , I’m over TPC’s version of The Newlywed Game.  Walking on the beach?  Sharing a sunset?  Giggling over their lovely daughters?   Sheesh.  Methinks they gush a bit much. 

Do they like Pina Coladas

and getting caught in the rain

and the feel of the ocean

and the taste of champagne (champlane)?

Other than their "How we met" tale and the one where JJ reveals 3 things no one knows about JM (she looked like she was going to have a panic attack) I have not watched their segments. There's only so much billing and cooing I can take, curmudgeon that I am. I liked them talking about the cases.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Do they like Pina Coladas

and getting caught in the rain

and the feel of the ocean

and the taste of champagne (champlane)?

Other than their "How we met" tale and the one where JJ reveals 3 things no one knows about JM (she looked like she was going to have a panic attack) I have not watched their segments. There's only so much billing and cooing I can take, curmudgeon that I am. I liked them talking about the cases.

Yes. Talk about the cases or give anecdotes that relate to the cases. 

Doug was on fire today pushing the idiot defendant.  Good thing he wasn’t in the hallway with him.  He probably would have slugged Doug through the wall.

(edited)

I've worried about Doug's safety since he came back.    I'm sure they have some massive security guys standing by when they have actual litigants in the courtroom, and near Doug, but I still worry.  He's very good at confronting bad behavior, and pushing litigant's buttons, I would be very happy if they ever go back to in-person litigants, that the hallway interviews should still be Doug talking to the litigants on TV.  

I haven't disliked a litigant as much as the Pit Bull jerk, and I agree that he needs to get booted from that complex.       The plaintiff and defendant where they were suing each other over the rental property, with the Coma person was very nasty.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure they have some massive security guys standing by when they have actual litigants in the courtroom, and near Doug, but I still worry. 

I recall security had to intervene after the case involving "Sexual Blue"a.ka. Reggie Jones - yes, he legally changed his first name to "Sexual" -  who was operating some sort of housekeeping service with the employees in skimpy lingerie, when a fight nearly broke  out in the hall. The Hall Clown was there then and he skedaddled PDQ.  I'm glad it was him and not our Doug-in-the-Hall.

In trying to find the name of this litigant, I see TPC had a serious felon here (prostitution, fraud larceny, gross indecency, something with a horse I do not want to know about, and on and on) as a litigant. I bet Levin knew all about it and was jonesing over it.

Mr. Sexual Blue

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I recall security had to intervene after the case involving "Sexual Blue"a.ka. Reggie Jones - yes, he legally changed his first name to "Sexual" -  who was operating some sort of housekeeping service with the employees in skimpy lingerie, when a fight nearly broke  out in the hall. The Hall Clown was there then and he skedaddled PDQ.  I'm glad it was him and not our Doug-in-the-Hall.

In trying to find the name of this litigant, I see TPC had a serious felon here (prostitution, fraud larceny, gross indecency, something with a horse I do not want to know about, and on and on) as a litigant. I bet Levin knew all about it and was jonesing over it.

Mr. Sexual Blue

I hope this scammer is in jail.

• Love 2

Sad point of fact:  In some circles “Mr. Sexual Blue” would be considered a catch!!

He has an entrepreneurial spirit, money in his pockets and a vision for the future (scam).

He might also be involved in one of those mother/daughter triangles we see on TPC.  Doggone it, he’s such a catch maybe granny wants to get in on it too.   I suppose that would make it a lover’s square.  Not sure about that.

Times sure have changed.  

(edited)

It was "sucks to be you" in the case with the woman who bought a used lawnmower from a family friend.  She gets the vehicle home and parks it in her garage - she can't use it because there's still snow coming down in her part of the country.  On a random visit to her garage, she sees the mower is leaking oil.  Instead of getting that checked out by a mechanic, she demands her money back.  After getting the runaround from the seller, she loads the mower onto a flatbed truck and drops it off at his home.  This plaintiff wants the seller to give her a full refund. 

The seller ended up scraping the mower to get it off of his property.   I figured that this was going to fall under an "as is" sale situation, and it was.   And now the plaintiff has to sit and stew over the fact that she has lost the mower AND isn't entitled to get any money. Girlfriend should have gotten that thing serviced instead of doing the childish "here's your broken toy".  People need to know the law.   I admit I got a chuckle at her foolish move.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

It was "sucks to be you" in the case with the woman who bought a used lawnmower from a family friend.  She gets the vehicle home and parks it in her garage - she can't use it because there's still snow coming down in her part of the country.  On a random visit to her garage, she sees the mower is leaking oil.  Instead of getting that checked out by a mechanic, she demands her money back.  After getting the runaround from the seller, she loads the mower onto a flatbed truck and drops it off at his home.  This plaintiff wants the seller to give her a full refund. 

The seller ended up scraping the mower to get it off of his property.   I figured that this was going to fall under an "as is" sale situation, and it was.   And now the plaintiff has to sit and stew over the fact that she has lost the mower AND isn't entitled to get any money. Girlfriend should have gotten that thing serviced instead of doing the childish "here's your broken toy".  People need to know the law.   I admit I got a chuckle at her foolish move.

Something tells me “family friend” is going to get a boatload of dirty magazines sent to his home as well as  dozens and dozens of pizzas arriving all hours of the day.

And for good measure a brick delivered by express.  Right through the front picture window.  

Edited by PsychoKlown