Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

At the end of the case, I asked Mr. AZC, "Haven't we worked with guys exactly like that?  Totally impressed with themselves and their self-perceived ability to charm their way out of everything?"

Yep.  We have.  One of the blessings of being retired . . . we're only exposed to these delusional beings on TV.

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw the Harold the criminal episode, and the exchange between that loser, and the judge was hysterical.     What kind of fool tries to downplay the number and type of arrests and citations, when the judge has the list right in front of her? 

The dog case where defendant's dog attacked plaintiff's dog being walked on a leash.     Plaintiff's dog is in court, and looks up at Judge M on the bench, and looks surprised at the really tall lady on the bench.  The defendants threatened the plaintiff for kicking the defendant's attacking dog.    I would seriously like to kick the defendants, because they're both entitled jerks.  The defendant's dog was not only off leash, and across the street when the attack happened.  Defendants are blaming everything on plaintiff's bad energy, and that's why the defendants' dog attacked.     

This must be an older episode.    A woman parks on the side of BJ's warehouse club, gets towed, and wants $5,000 for the tow, the trauma to her kids, spoiled food, and for the trauma to her when a security guard didn't care that her illegally parked van was towed.    She obviously parked in a fire zone, and so Judge M is less than sympathetic to the whiny plaintiff's ridiculous case.   Plaintiff case dismissed.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This must be an older episode. 

Yes, it was. The entitled snowflake was outraged that anyone would tow her car and her kids seem to be permanently traumatized over a tow. What's the problem? She always parks illegally, so I guess she thinks she's grandfathered in and (all together now) "It's not my fault!". I didn't watch the hallterview the first time but I did today. Doug comments on how "gutsy" it is for her to sue for 5K over a 272$ tow. She explains the maximum is 5K in small claims, so why not try to score that amount? Boe-nanza!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So this week was reruns of BO-NANZAs?  Today's case took the cake!  The I work all night Tarot card reader was suing her landlord for having the audacity to ask her if the city inspectors can look at the house at 12:30 pm.  They were only looking at the porch and she came out in a flimsy nightshirt and felt violated.

The kicker?  House was deemed a one family house and she has to move.  She has no lease but the landlord must give her $10,000 to move.  She was also looking for another $5,000 today.  I just shook my head.

• Love 5

I have heard of the $5k to $10k extortion to get tenants to move in California.     That includes forgiving the unpaid months of rent, and having no hope of legally evicting tenants.    

The tarot card reader tenant was revolting.    When the city code enforcement comes by, you let them in.    My guess is that the tenant knew it wasn't a legal rental, and didn't want to move, but didn't want to pay rent either.     

There was one new landlord on one of the court shows (either The People's Court, or Judge Judy), she had two tenants without leases (month-to-month) left over from the previous owner.    Both owed many months, and in return for moving out after over six months of non-payment, housing court, and other legal actions, the landlord was paying each of them $5,000 if they moved by a certain date.   The move out was months from when the show aired, and was the cheapest way to get rid of the two tenants.    The one on the show was pulling the 'this place is awful' routine too.   Some states are so tenant friendly that I don't understand why anyone becomes a landlord.   

• Love 3
10 hours ago, NYGirl said:

They were only looking at the porch and she came out in a flimsy nightshirt and felt violated.

Violated and panicked! Yes, I'm sure someone who sits in bars all night fortune-telling was that distressed because someone was on the porch. She really thought a city housing inspector was going to sit there cooling his heels while it took her 40 minutes to put on full makeup and a bra?

• Love 4

I never saw any of today's cases.

"She cut down my pine trees". Kind of boring, except I felt a pang seeing all those towering pines chopped up so def could get more sun for her petunias or solar panels or whatever. I guess the laws are different there. If I want to cut down a tree on my own property I need to consult city hall to get an inspector to come out and determine if the trees are dying or a hazard. If neither condition is met the request is denied.

Next, a fitness facility owner suing the bowtied Nutty Professor (I actually did a double take when I heard def's name was "Rachel) for monies owed when def constantly put her account on "hold" as she traveled the country. Her last "hold" seemed to be permanent (although she never bothered telling P that) so she felt she needn't pay for the fees even after her hold was ended so she got the charges reversed. Seems plaintiff's business if very cash-light and the cancellation of the fees caused her an overdraft fee. She wanted money for other stuff, like 250$ for a cancellation fee. Her contract never mentioned that, so she gets back 830$ of the 1100-odd dollars she wanted. JM gives P good advice on how to write a contract, since P had no idea how this is done, it seems.

Then we had some garbled nonsense from plaintiff, who has lived in gov. housing for the last 40 years and always, ALWAYS parks in his #12 parking spot. Number 12! In spite of that, the building owners called a tow company to tow his car. P complained to the housing body, who informed him it's his responsibility to park in the correct spot and told him to get lost. P claims tow company damaged his car and he needed a new radiator. His car is only 23 years old, so if it needed new parts it has to be the fault of the def's towing. P has zero proof of anything he's saying so of course, gets just that - zero. In the hall he attempts to retry the case with Doug. He was in No12 parking spot you see. No12! He just knows def damaged the ancient beater! His radiator was okay before the tow! He starts arguing again with the tow guy who is still in the courtroom. Doug tries nicely to tell him to get lost.

• Love 6
(edited)

They had the bizarre rerun of the woman with purple hair suing her neighbor over 6 feet of rotten privacy fence.   Defendant said it was on the joint property line, and was the only part of the side yard fence that was wood, and the rest is chain link.    The plaintiff's live-in boyfriend claims to be 25 years younger than the plaintiff (25 in her dreams).    The defendant says the fence was actually on her side of the property line, but Judge M gave the old bat $500 to do one 6 ft stretch of privacy fence.    The hysterical part is the plaintiff thinks the defendant put up the one section of chain link to watch the plaintiff's much younger boyfriend exercise.    I don't know if there was a history between the plaintiff's boyfriend, and the defendant, but that's just bizarre.   The only good thing is the defendant (her mother lives with her) has bought a house elsewhere, and the defendant is moving.  

I bet if the defendant moved out, that the neighbors had a party the next day, and sent condolence cards to her new neighbors..    Both litigants were a lot of sandwiches short of a picnic.      Bunny boiler defendant was scary, and I wouldn't be surprised if part of the fence replacement was the view improving.     Plaintiff was so far off kilter, that I'm wondering what planet she's from?    

I would have paid every penny the Purple dragon plaintiff wanted, to avoid having those awful, desperate, Bunny Boiler texts the lovelorn defendant sent Adonis, read in court.  When Judge Marilyn won't even read them in court in full, then they must be really awful. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They had the bizarre rerun of the woman with purple hair suing her neighbor over 6 feet of rotten privacy fence.

This freakshow has to be one of my all-time favorites: Over-aged, Dollar-store, gym-rat gigolo with his purple-haired, ancient sugar-mama vs the insane bunny boiler nutcase defendant. BB tries to deny she cares about her former Adonis shacking up with Grandma, but JM is not having the "I'm so above all this" schtick and reads aloud her pitiful pscyho-texting to the verbally-challenged Adonis, who is such a hell of a man he's living off his raddled paramour, who, unlike him, still works. Hey the upkeep for gigolos is not cheap. The only thing missing here is JM asking The Gigolo what he does for a living. He stumbles over words as he assures Doug in the Hall that this is a love match. This was so entertaining I cared not at all what the case was about - some stupid fence squabble. OH, and JM? Your sarcastic "Adonis" references were wasted. I'm pretty sure the past-shelf-life toyboy has no idea what that means. He didn't strike me as the scholarly type.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The only good thing is the defendant (her mother lives with her) has bought a house elsewhere, and the defendant is moving.  

I never figured out if the "grandchildren" the bunny boiler mentioned are HER grandchildren or her Mommy's grandchildren. Whichever, she is a pathetic sadsack. OMG, I would have gladly paid for the hag's fence rather than appear here and have JM read my texts out loud and have everyone I know see how desperate I was for this worthless POS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I would have paid every penny the Purple dragon plaintiff wanted, to avoid hear those awful, desperate, Bunny Boiler texts the lovelorn defendant sent Adonis. 

OMG, I didn't even read that part of your post before I posted. I guess GMTA!😄 It's nice to have some sort of pride, isn't it?

56 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And there is no way in hell Adonis is only 25 years younger than the Purple dragon. 

I think the only way that is possible is if Adonis was 50, and he very well could be since it seems he lives on the kindness of ridiculous women, works out all the time and needn't stress himself about earning a living. Standing next to that wrinkled-up hag makes him look very young in comparison.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

OMG. The 2 people is the se one case today have got to be the most unpleasant nasty people I have seen on People’s Court in a long time. They deserve each other.

I don't mind repeats but these two of the Social Media generation were so vile, distasteful, brainless and disgusting I took a pass. Ugh. JM was grossed out too.

I just hope CPS has been placed on alert.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

Repeats yesterday but this time I listened to the hall stuff for the woman who had her non-working beater towed. No valid registration or license plate ( I guess she removes the license plate nightly, lest it get stolen), yet the tow company is responsible for the hole in the oil pan of the relic. It was in perfect condition before the tow, other than that it was not driveable.  Just the usual nonsense but in the hall the profound pronouncements and condemnation of tow companies by her husband, (son, brother?), looking like a court jester and flashing gang signs were worthy of preservation. This is the best my CC could do:

"Man, I know people...the Devil. They know they did, y'all did. Y'all just need to own up to it and start learnin' . Y'all gon' pay for all y'all sins. Karma drivin' on you roads. Believe that."

Seems more appropriate for a serial killing than a tow, but I guess it's a matter of point of view.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Yes, nothing like the person who came to court with her flashing gang signs, while she shrieks at poor Doug.    I love how she says she put the license plate inside the car, and claims it was up to date, but has no current registration with her to prove it.  

The "Exes Battle it Out" have been in court four previous times, for restraining orders, and civil litigation by her, over the boyfriend keeping some mutual savings.    She has lost every time in regular court, so she comes on this show for attorney fees for her various lawsuits.   She receives $645, for attorney fees for the one part that was decided.    Plaintiff looks like a bunny boiler to me.   I find it scary that plaintiff is a high school teacher, especially after Judge Marilyn talks about plaintiff's nasty and vindictive FB posts about the defendant.   Defendant thinks this will end her lawsuits, and restraining orders, and he's dead wrong.     

Then another woman who is suing a former boyfriend for running his vape shop while he was inrehab for $5,000.    Her hair braids are across her left eye constantly, and it's driving me bonkers.  Defendant stopped drinking cold turkey, had seizures, went to rehab for months. (Defendant says he's 7 months sober).   Plaintiff claims that defendant said if she watched the shop, paid the bills, etc. while he was in hospital, and rehab, for 3 1/2 months he would make her half owner.  There were two stores at one time, and both are now gone.      

Defendant and landlord say plaintiff didn't pay all of the rent, and other bills.   Plaintiff claims defendant wanted her to sell her dad's autographed collectibles, and put the money into the store expenses.    There is no proof of where the proceeds from the store, or profits went.   Plaintiff is also suing for wages, but claims she's a part-owner.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

With the repeats are we getting "Best of TPC Bunny Boilers"? Today's Aussie "gringa" was pining for and obsessed with her oily, slick Romeo to such an extent she makes monthly payments to lawyers so she can pay more to sue him than he owes her. Hey, Lover-boy only started cheating on her last year (what's the big deal?). This was nearly as good as last week's lovelorn nutcase. I just hope the cats are okay.

• LOL 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today's Aussie "gringa" was pining for and obsessed with her oily, slick Romeo to such an extent she makes monthly payments to lawyers so she can pay more to sue him than he owes her.

As I said when it first aired, she trotted the frequent routine of "my wimmen brains cannot grasp those complicated things" as she tried to get reimbursed for sick days she had already been paid for by her employer. Her excuse was that she is not sure how that works. And she is a teacher, supposed to impart knowledge and life skills to high school students?! Unless she is just the detention room monitor.

And JM inexplicably did not call her on that argument and barely chided her for being a vexatious, habitual litigant who keeps going after the guy; if  she can't have him in her life, she certainly found a sure way to regularly see him in court.

In the hallterview she tried again her cutesy ditzy "young thang" shtick, for which she is 2 decades too old I would say, but Doug would have none of it.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

as she tried to get reimbursed for sick days she had already been paid for by her employer.

And admitted she lied about her absence, saying she was sick when she wasn't,  although she said it with what she thought was a "Oh, I was a bit naughty, teehee," smile, the way one of her high school girls might. It's not even cute when they do it and kind of repulsive when a professional woman her age - who is supposed to set an example -  does it.

Her excuse was that she is not sure how that works.

She knew damned well how it worked. She was just stretching and reaching as far as she could in every direction to try and exact revenge on her boyfriend for breaking up with her and to pay for her ongoing legal fees. Yes, a fine example of mature, responsible, reasonable womanhood she is for her students.

Gee, I've been dumped (haven't we all?) and didn't set off on a single-minded campaign of vengence that would have impressed Wyatt Earp.

• Love 3
(edited)

As I said when it first aired, she trotted the frequent routine of "my wimmen brains cannot grasp those complicated things" as she tried to get reimbursed for sick days she had already been paid for by her employer. 

I personally believe that people SHOULD be reimbursed for the use of sick/vacation days in a situation like this.

My thought process:  Sick days and vacation days are EARNED as a benefit from an employer.  It has a monetary value equal to the salary of the employee.  If an employee works for six months and earns a week of vacation, that time off is worth one week of pay.  If something done to an employee that requires them to "spend" that week of pay in a way the employee would not have chosen, the employee should be reimbursed for that value.  Otherwise, when the employee DOES choose to take off a week of vacation or sick time, they have to do that with NO pay.  In my opinion, reimbursing someone for sick/vacation time is making them whole.  According to Judge Milian herself, court is about making people whole.  Reimbursement for that time is not a "bonanza."

YMMV, but that's how I feel about it.

ETA:  I do not approve of lying to call it sick time if someone isn't really sick, but if it's between lying and not being paid, I could grant a little slack.  If she was lying because she was headed to the Bahamas on her vacation time, so she reported it as sick time - not so much.

Some companies have "PTO" (personal time off).  All of the earned time off comes from one bank of hours, and the employee can use it any way they wish.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I personally believe that people SHOULD be reimbursed for the use of sick/vacation days in a situation like this.

Sick days are NOT made for attending trials or filing recurring lawsuits. She claimed them under false pretenses and quite knowingly, so she should incur the consequences. She should have taken personal leave days for that.

A reimbursement for sick days is possible in some jurisdictions and in some circumstances. For example in our parts if a worker injures themselves at work and have to go on leave for a short period while their claim is still being processed, they take sick days. When their claim of short term work injury disability is granted, the employer is reimbursed by the relevant authority and the sick days in question are credited back to the employee for future use, who does not receive a dime for them because they did not have any out-of pocket expenses and they got their regular paycheck all along. Things are a bit more complex for disability leave of longer duration and are quite off-topic here.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

Sick days are NOT made for attending trials or filing recurring lawsuits. She claimed them under false pretenses and quite knowingly, so she should incur the consequences. She should have taken personal leave days for that.

I do agree with you on this point.

• Love 3
(edited)

Everywhere I've worked sick days were for doctor's appointments, actual illness, and other medical reasons.   They aren't a substitute for using personal leave, or vacation days.    Also, claiming illness when you aren't can be grounds for firing.  

The rerun of the New Year's Eve party at the older teen's parent house that ended up a brawl is awful.   An invited neighbor brought 3 other friends that homeowner's son didn't know, so the intruders were told to leave because they were drunk.    Intruders refused to leave, and started trashing the house, when the homeowner's son was pushing some of them out the door, someone smashed a table over his head.     Then the intruders trashed the brick front porch, including ripping an iron railing off, resulting in brick being ripped off the porch.   The homeowner wanted the four defendants tried separately, so he gets $2,000 from one case.   Defendant intruder said his father would help him pay for damages (with the matching brick front walk replaced so everything would match, the total is over $10,000).    Defendant's father refused to even discuss fixing the damages, because the other kids did it, including one that's still in jail, charged with destruction of property over $10k.  Plus, all of the party crashers were of legal age, so the defendant's father isn't responsible for the damages.   

I guess the evicted tenant that was given notice to quit, and a three day notice before the end of the month he moved in.    Landlady says the plaintiff, and his roommate were legal tenants, but roommate told landlady that plaintiff was going to move in another tenant, so she gave him the eviction notices.    Landlady puts in the lease that visitors staying overnight must have permission from her. (To avoid someone moving in a guest or roommate, and they establish squatters rights, aren't on the lease, and are hard to evict).   (The case was boring, but the defendant/ landlady's adorable accent, and the ironclad lease endeared her to me). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I agree, if you have to use sick leave due to someone else's action, that means that later in the year you may have to use vacation (see below) or take unpaid leave. Vacation time is even more of an issue. Most of my working life we had PTO as mentioned above, but either with PTO or vacation time, each company had a policy that an employee could not accumulate more than a specified amount of vacation at any time. Some companies did a "use it or lose it" plan but all of my employers would once a year cash out any excess accumulation of PTO. By the time I retired my yearly PTO accumulation was capped at six weeks (240 hours), and most years (managing five or more projects running at the same time) I used little or no PTO. My unused PTO was a significant payout, but these TV judges don't believe that it has any value. I suspect that they have little experience outside of government employment after their first few years as lawyers.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The rerun of the New Year's Eve party at the older teen's parent house that ended up a brawl is awful.

Call me a dinosaur, but I cannot get used to this new reality where guys of legal adult age - 19 and 20 - act like toddlers getting into a fight in Daddy's house but then are referred to as "kids" by JM. I know times have changed and that 20 is the new 12, but it just bugs me to see these two guys here and both with Daddy or StepDaddy to deal with their nonsense. On top of that, plaintiff Daddy's Best Boy, dressed all cute in his little Serious Suit, is a big liar too, just like a kid trying to foist all the blame on someone else. "No! I didn't invite the def. into Daddy's house!" JM reads def's texts showing he did just that. "Oh, well - yes, I invited him but not his friends", Best Boy backpedals, lest Daddy ground him or take away his toys as punishment. Plaintiff boy's friends didn't even have the sense to take him to a hospital. They had to wait for Daddy to come home and take him. Shouldn't be surprising I guess when Daddy himself is trying to score an entire new walkway so it "will match" the bricks broken by all these idiots. He should get some of the money from his Baby Boy and maybe some of his little friends, but we know he won't. Really, Daddy might think about getting a babysitter next time he spends the night with his girlfriend.

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant's father refused to even discuss fixing the damages,

I"m not sure why he should pay it, when his stepson is legally an adult and responsible for his own messes?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the stepfather or father (who knows which) at first told plaintiff homeowner he would pay, but then said no.    I don't see it as the parent's responsibility either.     I think plaintiff father should have had to claim through his homeowner's insurance, and I bet they would have told him to pound sand after finding out defendant son was invited.   Judge Marilyn seems to treat people of rather advanced ages as kids, but they are legal adults.    

Also, the plaintiff homeowner should have made his son pay for the damages, because it was his party, with the father's permission.    Expecting anyone involved in the fight, and damages to pay for ripping up the sidewalk pavers to match the new brick is ridiculous.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Some companies did a "use it or lose it" plan but all of my employers would once a year cash out any excess accumulation of PTO. By the time I retired my yearly PTO accumulation was capped at six weeks (240 hours), and most years (managing five or more projects running at the same time) I used little or no PTO. 

I spent years as the admin of a department full of engineers, and our company did the annual payout for sick leave over the maximum amount that each employee could accrue.  Guy who sat 8 feet from my desk loved to brag yearly about his big lump sum payout for not ever using sick time.

He came down with what was originally (self) diagnosed as a cold, but the coughing got worse and he didn't seem to be getting better, in spite of his self-prescribed massive doses of Vitamin C.  He finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with viral pneumonia.  Contagious.  But he kept on coming to work.  Two days after his diagnosis, he was sitting there hacking like he was going to cough up a lung.  I just looked at him sweetly and said, "So, Don, if I catch that pneumonia bug you're spreading, should I charge my staying-home-sick-because-that's-what-you're-SUPPOSED-to-do-when-you're-contagious time against MY employee number or yours?"  (No, I couldn't do that, but I was trying to make a point.)

He went home early that day, and stayed home for a week.  Game, set, match for the admin.

• Love 8

After a day that tried my patience, I prepare my pasta and happily sit down to watch my DVR'd TPC. What do I get? I get 45 minutes of some stupid "Ellen" show and 15 minutes of TPC. Am I the only one?

So, I figure, "Screw you. No biggie" and decide to try Hot Bench. Do I get Hot Bench? I do not. I get some inane, dopey game show. What the hell is going on?

The 15 mins. of TPC wasn't bad though. We had Mr. Potato Head suing def for some wonky, fugazi car deal centered around swapping a watch, and trust of strangers, and title jumping and all that crap.  It was mildly entertaining.

• Love 3

We got full episodes of TPC and Hot Bench.  Our governor usually gives his updates on Thursday, and we miss all of TPC.  As soon as 4:00 hits, the local station hops away from reporter (usually repetitive and inane) questions and we get HB with no problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Our governor usually gives his updates on Thursday, and we miss all of TPC.

Yes, I get those things - bulletins, press conferences, etc.  too, but some game show and Ellen? Mighty annoyed I was. I had to walk to the liquor store today because a contractor dumped a load of gravel in my driveway a day early. It's a very long walk and part of the way there I realized there was stifling heat/humidity but I soldiered on. Thought I would literally drop dead on the way home (those bottles were heavy!It started raining! I was sweating terribly!) and just kept thinking of a nice shower, dinner with wine, and TPC to keep me motivated. I'm sure you understand why I was irate. 😄 I think I'll sue the contractor for my hardship, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. It all adds up to exactly 5,000$. I'm sure you guys will back me up and write statements about how I had to to my doctor for tranquilizers.

• LOL 5
30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, I get those things - bulletins, press conferences, etc.  too, but some game show and Ellen? Mighty annoyed I was. I had to walk to the liquor store today because a contractor dumped a load of gravel in my driveway a day early. It's a very long walk and part of the way there I realized there was stifling heat/humidity but I soldiered on. Thought I would literally drop dead on the way home (those bottles were heavy!It started raining! I was sweating terribly!) and just kept thinking of a nice shower, dinner with wine, and TPC to keep me motivated. I'm sure you understand why I was irate. 😄 I think I'll sue the contractor for my hardship, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. It all adds up to exactly 5,000$. I'm sure you guys will back me up and write statements about how I had to to my doctor for tranquilizers.

PM me your email address.  I'll back you up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, AngelaHunter said:

"We didn't never make no agreement." Would that be a triple negative? I'm not sure. JM: "Did you test drive (this ancient heap)?" "No, m'am," plaintiff proudly declares. Who would think of such a thing? JM didn't seem to think her threat of showing up with some guy at the def's house was a big deal.

It would, indeed, be a triple negative.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We got full episodes of TPC and Hot Bench.  Our governor usually gives his updates on Thursday, and we miss all of TPC.  As soon as 4:00 hits, the local station hops away from reporter (usually repetitive and inane) questions and we get HB with no problem.

My cable system in Atlantic Canada gets the Boston CBS and WSBK stations, which is what I usually record my court shows from. I didn't notice an interruption this week, but I've noticed the CBS station has a bad habit of punting their shows to WSBK with no warning when the main network has something running late that would otherwise interrupt the main network shows. 

More than a few times I'll start the recordings only to discover half an episode of a Soap opera, or Lets Make a Deal or Price is Right. 

And let's not start on the number of times the new eps of Judge Judy get preempted for breaking news or "It's Raining!" weather alerts.

What was strange was last week Judge Mathis and Divorce Court were swapped for me (usually it's Divorce then Mathis, this time it was Mathis than Divorce)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

More than a few times I'll start the recordings only to discover half an episode of a Soap opera, or Lets Make a Deal or Price is Right. 

Yes!

1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

CBS station has a bad habit of punting their shows to WSBK with no warning when the main network has something running late that would otherwise interrupt the main network shows. 

Thanks for the explanation. I'm in QC so that must be what is happening here also. Not long ago I got an infomercial instead of TPC.

Between Hall Clown's dopey intro, Levin's stupid "He hardly knew 'er!"second intro, the previews of the next scene, another Levin recap. Levin's Outdoor Nitwits and now feature-length commercials from the Evangelical Pillow-pusher new national hero guy, we see damned little of the show anyway.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Taeolas said:

breaking news or "It's Raining!" weather alerts.

Most of the breaking news is not anything that anybody needs to hear about before the regular news at 5 PM, and even when it is important (rare but sometimes it happens) we get a long intro, then the actual news followed by the news being repeated at length by several different talking heads, adding nothing new. The weather breaks may be important to some people in the viewing area so they don't bother me (much) but recently we had constant break-ins to update us on the hurricane heading for Hawaii in the standard "We are all going to die!" style of weather reporting. Do they really think that people on the east coast (of USA not Hawaii) have such an urgent need to get multiple updates about a problem in Hawaii, so urgent that they can't wait until five o'clock? Or like most of us, go on line (where I do all of my storm tracking which was part of my job for quite a few years). Also, Get Off My Lawn! (Griping done for now)

Edited by DoctorK
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Do they really think that people on the east coast (of USA not Hawaii) have such an urgent need to get multiple updates about a problem in Hawaii, so urgent that they can't wait until five o'clock?

Even when they start blabbing hysterically about what's coming and then nothing happens, do they STFU and let us watch our program? Nope. They then sit there and chatter to each other and to us what MIGHT have resulted if this catastrophic snow/rain/hail/tornado HAD come about. "That might have, could have been really bad!" I remember, in olden times, we used to have to watch the news at 6 o'clock to get the news. No one butted in constantly to tell us it's raining in July or snowing in December. *grumble mutter*

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

They're rerunning the road rage case of the woman that was followed by the defendant, after he cut her off in traffic.   The defendant was turning left, and instead he followed the plaintiff and son to the next light.  Defendant got out of his car, yelling, and threatening her, and she claims he was hitting the top of her car so loud the dispatcher could hear it.    Three police cars were dispatched.   

The plaintiff was a fool, and could have ended up dead, and so could the defendant.   Defendant is a lunatic.   Plaintiff was foolish, but defendant is a psycho.  Police didn't even write any citations.   My guess, he's related to someone. 

Defendant claims the plaintiffs threw coins at him, and hurt his SUV.   I think defendant did exactly what plaintiff said he did, and the pushing and hitting on plaintiff's car made the paint chip on the top of her roof.  

THe defendant saying he wouldn't have pulled this on a woman alone is ridiculous.    For the police not to cite either party shows me that there is a lot more that both sides did that they didn't admit in court.   

As Judge Marilyn says, she prosecuted a bunch of road rage homicides, and getting involved in a contest to see who's tougher is stupid.  

If you're ever in that situation, stay in the car, and pull over if you have to.   I had family friends that ended up dead from confronting a bad driver, so it can happen to you. 

$1214 to plaintiff, nothing to gutless bully defendant.  However, I do not believe the plaintiff, and her son on how innocent they were in all of this either.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Well, I got "ELLEN" again today. If I wanted to watch Ellen, I would PVR that show. I do not want to watch it, not even for one minute. I hate that show. Why are TPTB trying to push this on me? I am annoyed in a big way.

• Love 2

It's possible that the station that airs TPC in your area is owned by a company that runs a CBS/NBC/ABC station.   Sometimes if there's something preempting programming on one of these station, they'll put it on the secondary station because they get more ad money for it.   In your case, it sounds like Ellen was preempted and since they surely get more money for airing Ellen than TPC they decided to bump TPC.

The road rage case was just...wow.  I have no doubt the defendant chased her down, went up to her car and generally acted like a loon.  But I'm also sure she and her son were not the innocent little lambs as they claimed either.   You know the birds were flipping and f bombs were dropping on both sides.   And I know it had to be a scary experience to have this guy coming at you but she still came off as a drama queen.   And really, if she was so scared of this guy why was she dragging him into court to further rehash it and antagonize him,   Same thing as escalating things on the road; sometimes you just cut your losses and back away from the crazy.  I did love the plaintiff's reaction when Judge MM straight up told her "I have no sympathy for you."  She couldn't believe the judge didn't want to give her a hug and $5,000 for all she had suffered.   They were both crazy for agreeing to air this disaster out on TV..

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

The road rage case was just...wow.  I have no doubt the defendant chased her down, went up to her car and generally acted like a loon.  But I'm also sure she and her son were not the innocent little lambs as they claimed either.   You know the birds were flipping and f bombs were dropping on both sides.   And I know it had to be a scary experience to have this guy coming at you but she still came off as a drama queen.   And really, if she was so scared of this guy why was she dragging him into court to further rehash it and antagonize him,   Same thing as escalating things on the road; sometimes you just cut your losses and back away from the crazy.  I did love the plaintiff's reaction when Judge MM straight up told her "I have no sympathy for you."  She couldn't believe the judge didn't want to give her a hug and $5,000 for all she had suffered.   They were both crazy for agreeing to air this disaster out on TV..

The defendant made an off the cuff remark about "This was in Jersey.  Of course there were fingers flying, etc."

We live in Arizona.  No gun licenses required, so you never know WHO might be carrying.  Actually cuts down a lot on road rage, because we all know that we might not be the only ones with fire power.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The defendant made an off the cuff remark about "This was in Jersey.  Of course there were fingers flying, etc."

Oh. So road rage and vulgar gestures are part of New Jersey tradition, just as sticking your fingers up someone's butt as a greeting is traditional in Boston? Gotta love these regional customs.

• LOL 3
On 7/31/2020 at 5:59 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Oh. So road rage and vulgar gestures are part of New Jersey tradition, just as sticking your fingers up someone's butt as a greeting is traditional in Boston? Gotta love these regional customs.

Did I miss something?  Was there such a case where someone claimed that?  I had a guy who came out of a bar and tried to do that to me.  I had him arrested, and it turned out he was fresh out of jail and wasn't supposed to be in a bar or drink alcohol, so he went right back to jail.  Maybe he was from Boston?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Did I miss something?  Was there such a case where someone claimed that? 

Yes! My memory is shot but someone else can probably fill you in on the woman who claimed the def. did that to her and def, when questioned, said that's what people in Boston do.

My husband and I visited Boston once, and never did anyone stick their fingers in our butts as a way of saying "Hello!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

They're having the rerun of the cattle owner, that shot and killed one of the defendant's dogs (2 border collies, and 1 great pyrennes), and defendant refuses to admit her dogs did anything wrong.    There are two incidents, first one it was a dead cow, and the second incident another dog attack that resulted in the cow, and her calf dying (she was pregnant).     This is the one where the defendant claims the plaintiff tried to blow up a judge's car, and he shouldn't have had a gun at all.   This was near Hot Springs, Arkansas.   The defendant admits that her dogs chase the plaintiff cows all of the time, but she still doesn't keep any of the dogs penned.     

The Great Pyrennes is easily capable of attacking a person (they are livestock guard dogs, and don't like strangers), the way the plaintiff says they tried to go after him, and a neighbor who tried to rescue the cattle from the dogs.    The Great Pyrennes guards it's own animals, not neighboring people's animals.     Idiot defendant wants the price of three or more litters from the one dog, because she breeds her for money.  

After this second incident with the cattle dying, plaintiff gave up the lease on the barn, and pasture.   The defendant is despicable.   The plaintiff says that the defendant put one of her dogs in with the goats she raises, and the dog chewed the goat's ears off.  

I don't even know how the case came out, because I was sick of the defendant smirking her way through the case, and thinks her dogs running the man's cows is a joke.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I got nothing again, but "Ellen". The only consolation is it seems she will soon no longer be blighting my screen. Good riddance. So again - silly me - I think to watch "Hot Bench" instead. Oops, back to that stupid game show with Meredith Whatshername. SO - JJ? Um, no. It seems some new act of horrendous violence has taken place. I really didn't want to know what it was, so I gave up.

It's seeming that lately our court shows will be available ONLY on the days there are not more pressing matters, like Ellen's irritating, mean-spirited nonsense, an important game show, an incredibly repetitive news bulletin, a snow storm, some rain or an urgent infomercial for Plexaderm or Dermaplex or whatever that wrinkle filler is called.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

more pressing matters, like Ellen's irritating, mean-spirited nonsense, an important game show, an incredibly repetitive news bulletin, a snow storm, some rain or an urgent infomercial for Plexaderm or Dermaplex

Or perhaps a tropical storm near Hawaii that might perhaps maybe turn into a hurricane some time in the future.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Or perhaps a tropical storm near Hawaii that might perhaps maybe turn into a hurricane some time in the future.

I think there may be some cloud formations over the Aleutians, so I'm not counting on seeing the show tomorrow either.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

There were a couple of interesting older cases this morning.    One was a bankruptcy attorney that spent a lot of time prepping the petition for a bankrupt person.   Then at the last minute the client refused to pay, because he didn't realize that because he had a credit account with his son, that the son would have to pay the credit account.    So the client bailed on filing, and keeps saying he's "just an ordinary man, and knows nothing about legal stuff"    He had to pay the attorney, who did a ton of work for the man.    The defendant / client kept denying the attorney did any work, or had any of his paperwork, but the attorney pulled out a huge bundle of the defendant's paperwork.     What fool doesn't know that mutual accounts get paid by either party?   

• Love 3