Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Man stole wave runner from storage unit after owner dies-Plaintiff claims it was given to him as payment for a landscaping job. 

This woman sounded demented. All this carrying on, hiring of that shady looking lawyer (brought here for some unknown reason) and dogged pursuit over a now 21-year old Waverunner. She has no idea when her husband bought it but her kids, who never mentioned or cared about it, now need it desperately so they won't forget their father, even though plaintiff had to think hard to remember "about" how old he was when he died. Sheesh, it's not as though he died 40 years ago. She and hubby discussed this old used vehicle endlessly, even while he was dying. Prime importance, I guess. She thinks, she suspects, she has an idea? Sorry, not evidence that the person who has the title and all relevant documents stole the old thing. As evidence, plantiff hands over a signed card of her hubby's, signed when he was 22 or so. I know my writing has changed a lot since I was that age. I'm sure his did too. It's very sad he died, but plaintiff needs to find something more productive to fill her time. Her Hallterview was just as tedious as her testimony, as were her immense fake eyelashes.

1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

suit over assault at condo board meeting: 

This was kind of unbearable, with weirdo plaintiff and his lizard tongue (ugh, I hate that!) trying to clean up with the big bucks for nothing. Yeah, I'm sure the fire marshall told plaintiff not to put locks on a place where people store their property. Def's smirking was annoying, but he's right - plaintiff is an asshole. You just know he fell over on his own and has probably done this before. I really feel sorry for Douglas, who is forced to have so many creeps and weirdos putting their hands on him. I bet he was longing for the end of the case, so he could go wash his arm after having plaintiff's nasty, sweaty little paws on him. Yuck. You're right, SRTouch - def. did have an uncanny resemblance to Uncle Martin.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

his lizard tongue (ugh, I hate that!)

Jetski nutcase did some either lip smacking or teeth sucking noise that was making me batty.  I've noticed this odd habit more & more lately.  Is it a new thing or am I just being old & cranky (again)?  Until Jetski Nut, I was noticing it mostly on young men.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

This was kind of unbearable, with weirdo plaintiff and his lizard tongue (ugh, I hate that!) trying to clean up with the big bucks for nothing. Yeah, I'm sure the fire marshall told plaintiff not to put locks on a place where people store their property. Def's smirking was annoying, but he's right - plaintiff is an asshole. You just know he fell over on his own and has probably done this before. I really feel sorry for Douglas, who is forced to have so many creeps and weirdos putting their hands on him. I bet he was longing for the end of the case, so he could go wash his arm after having plaintiff's nasty, sweaty little paws on him. Yuck. You're right, SRTouch - def. did have an uncanny resemblance to Uncle Martin.

I was about to post the same thing  about the guy's sweaty palms. He looked like a perve who liked to accidentally brush up on women's boobs and butts.  Yuck!  Also bet he was a pain in the ass to every resident at that condo.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SRTouch said:

D admits their "conversation" was heated, says he called MB a name, and MB turned to leave and fell

I super-enjoyed hearing JM use the euphemism 'rectal orifice' for some reason. I get that they can't use the word asshole because kids might be watching, but rectal orifice made me laugh out loud.

• Love 4

Jet ski lady and her kids didn’t even look to use the thing for close to 3 years after hubbys death. Hubbys brother continued to run the business all that time and had def working for him. No suggestion that def was a crook in any other way and yes he did give the names of all 3 witnesses including the guy who purchased the jet ski. plaintiff called purchaser and was told he had paperwork that seemed in order, she tells him it was stolen property. 

MM asks why def didn’t bring witnesses or purchaser, he says he had no reason to get them involved, purchaser had spoken to cops, and def stated I have done nothing wrong. I totally believed him, no tell tale signs or tics that he lied about anything . I think he got under plaintiffs skin by “nagging” her about money he was owed and she fixated on him. 

• Love 9

I bet a huge reason the condo creep's getting voted off the board is that he probably snooped into everyone's business, and I bet if there was an inspection clause in the rules, that he did that personally as often as he could get away with it.    I'm betting the defendant really wishes he had shopped around more before he bought at that condo.     

Off topic, but when I look at potential houses or condos, I try to find out the CC&R's (rules) and list of fines,  before I even look, and see if I can find yelp reviews or comments about the place.    You can find out a lot of issues by researching before you buy.   I also try to preview a place by simply driving by, and pulling over and fake looking at a map or something, and look around and see if people seem to be friendly or not.   I bet the newsletter for the condo association in TPC case was interesting to read, with tons of picky, whiny rules, and lots of problems.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

OMG, today's plaintiff in the Battle of the Trailer was so annoying with his non-stop, meandering, autobiographical blabbering to state his complaint that JM couldn't take it anymore. She had to harness him with specific questions and shut him up when he finally gave with an answer. He's suing his neighbour, because "that's what neighbours do" and, oh wait. Some stupid agreement of trailer + plaintiff storing his crap on def's property if and when p. ever sells his house. Of course they have no written agreement, because that's not what neighbours do. Def (looking like he's really stocked up on Grecian Formula) and plaintiff start a ferocious text battle, which I guess has taken the place of old-fashioned duels, right down to questioning the size of the other's gonads. Oh, shut up, both of you, especially plaintiff.

Then we had the two Captains of Industry, with their illegal dwelling for parolees and substance abusers, foreclosures, illegal use of a dwelling, non-payment of rent, etc. Def operates the house illegally until he gets nabbed, then plaintiff rents it to cram in 19 parolees, stashing them in old bunkbeds and had no problem with the rats, etc which he later claimed infested the property. Dept of Social Services cares not a whit to investigate anything about this or if the dwelling can be used this way, but just send him bushels of money every month to the tune of 9K. Why not? It's coming from the taxpayers and there's always more where that came from. Plaintiff has the unparalled gall to sue shifty def for the cost of keeping those 19 parolees fed and housed after plaintiff gets the boot after the foreclosure. He doesn't bother paying the 2500$/mnth rent owed (which apparently def kept for himself every month instead of paying his mortgage) because he needs the money to find a new dump to stuff the parolee$ in. Can't have that 9K/mnth drying up! Yes, he lived there, but shouldn't have to pay for it. Def also has some nonsense countersuit, I think. JM laughs at both of these bottom feeders. Literally laughs.

Finally, woman is suing a garage for stealing/selling/taking her tire when she went in to get a cracked rim fixed. She knows what she's talking about, since she'd only had the car a short while and knows all her tires were Firestones. Shady def obviously thought he'd pull the wool over the eyes of the little woman. Wrong, you jerk. She notices the tire is wrong, so def thinks, "Oops" and offers to pay half for her to get a new tire. He doesn't know anything about this deception! Plaintiff wins the cost (285$) of a new Firestone tire, leaving me again puzzled at how a def would rather appear on national TV and show himself to be a petty crook rather than pay a couple hundred bucks to the person he cheated. Plaintiff's witness/moral support was very distracting - the low-cut shocking salmon-coloured dress, the wig, the nails - but plaintiff was rock-solid in her complaint and told a linear, honest and coherent story, a welcome relief after all the lying clowns in the two previous cases. She also had her evidence and just wanted the money for the tire. No pain and suffering or punitive damages or inflated taxi costs, etc. I liked this case the best today.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I liked the plaintiff in the tire case, and suspect that the garage ruined the tire, and that's why they replaced it with a thread bare replacement.   

Does anyone we see on here actually have an apartment or house that actually is legal to rent?     I guess not.   I couldn't believe how much the two illegal landlords probably ripped those people off for staying in that dump of a house.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Ok, I saw Friday's ep with the halter dress boob lady.  That was a lot of look.  I confess that I absolutely cannot stand the exposed bra trend but this took that to a whole new level.  The P shall not escape unscathed.  When I first saw her, I thought that she was wearing her bathrobe. Two nitwits fighting over hoopties.

But before that we had the brothers and the women who love them. The P woman with her GUM CHEWING and her drawn on eyebrows who said "Huh?" to MM at one point. I wish she would smackdown the people who don't say "pardon?" To me, that's worse than calling her "miss."

@AngelaHunter they keep breeding because birth control costs money and takes responsibility, whereas getting pregnant is far too easy.  But I'm sure that you already knew that and were just venting your frustration of these prime humans.

Then we had the charming landlord who thought that cleaning up the stuff the guy left behind was worth $750.  Really? You're complaining about a toilet plunger? Wouldn't you want a free toilet plunger for yourself or the next tenant? Maybe cleanup was worth $50, but that's it. MM called it well.

Edited by AEMom
Typo
  • Love 3

I didn't get the first case today, but instead saw some gentlemen discussing some issue in which I have no interest, so FF to the 2nd case, which was nearly as boring. Annoying, chatty little plaintiff is a musician and he's suing the manager of a venue because he wasn't paid when the event for which he was hired was rained out. I ask again: Doesn't anyone watch this show before appearing here? Had plaintiff done so he would have known that the insane, warp-speed bobble heading he was doing while JM questions def. is greatly irritating to her. OTOH, he seemed to know that JM is dazzled by anyone who has a career in the music industry, even if that career is not exactly in the Big Time. Anyway, contract (they actually had one!) states that plaintiff gets paid no matter what, so def who was thrown under the bus by the venue owner who apparently declined to appear here, has to pay him the 800$.

More interesting was the woman suing a car dealer because her 9-year old Smart Car was a lemon. She bought an extended warranty, the car gives problems a few days after she bought it but she didn't bother going to the dealer (they say she complained only of deflating tires) for a few weeks. Defs had to call the police to wrangle her when she came in to gripe. Gee, I've gone to businesses in the past when I've not been pleased about service or product and not once did anyone have to call the cops on me, I guess because I didn't act like a rampaging beast. I believe plaintiff did so, since she was unable to control her temper here. Anyway, she takes the car to a Mercedes garage and they diagnose it as having all kinds of problems with oil leaks, etc. The finance company to whom she owes the money - in an incredible act of charity - offers to defer her payments for a couple of months for her to sort out the problems. BUT, she doesn't bother signing the document they sent her acknowledging the deferment, or sending it back. She didn't know she had to! She's only 30 years old and doesn't understand all this complicated stuff. So she dumps the car on the defs and never makes any more payments. How did she think this would end? Duh, she gets nothing. I may have missed a bit and actually I'm not sure what she was suing for, since I was distracted by her wig. Ladies, if you wish to wear wigs, please get decent ones so they don't look like ill-fitting hats.

Oh, hell. I guess we got 4 cases today and I forgot about plaintiff suing her former landlord, Archie Bunker, for her deposit back. Archie hasn't paid his mortgage in a year, yet was blindsided with shock when the property was foreclosed on. Yeah, I'd feel the same way. "It was the timing," that took him by surprise, he explains. So he just kept her deposit and used some fake excuse to do so. She owed him for parking or something, which he has no right to collect since he lost the building. Pay her the 450$ you owe, you slimeball.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7

Well, at least the cases are not the usual dog bites and security deposits.

The jetski case: the defendant had a lot of proof and she was thinking that he went through a lot of trouble to steal it. Steal a 21 year old jetski? 

That condo guy fell down and wanted to blame the guy he was yelling at. I yelled at you and fell down and hurt myself.  It's your fault, pay me. Sigh

The trailer case was a bit weird, but the D spent an extra $800 on supplies to build it that MM didn't seem to consider. 

The parolee case was unclean hands from everyone. 

The lady with the tire.  Someone clearly screwed up and threw it out and he tried to pull a fast one. And now everyone knows the name of his crooked business.  Good on her for nailing him.

Edited by AEMom
I forgot to erase my point minders
  • Love 2

First plaintiff, suing the def for an old heap car: She starts off with ass-kissing, about how happy she is to meet JM and how she watches this show all the time. That was her first lie. Had she watched this show as often as she claims she'd know JM is not stupid, nor is she sympathetic to idiots who buy 15-year old vehicles and don't bother to have them checked by a mechanic. Oh, but plaintiff was desperate, since she's a Sainted Single Mother and she trusted def! That's what I gleaned athough everything she said was so packed with "like like like" it's hard to really know. She talked over JM constantly, for which she deserved a spanking but never got it, was insolent,  informed JM that she couldn't understand what happened since she wasn't there, and then presents a fake, forged document, purportedly written by def which guarantees that if there are problems with the car in 30 days (or less!) he'll take it back and refund all the money. Sure he will, you silly lying twit. I'm pretty sure the def, "Albert II" knows very well how to spell his own name yet his signature was full of errors. Def was nice enough to buy parts for the plaintiff to fix the hoopty - I guess the desperate, tearful single mother schtick got to him -  when he didn't have to and in return gets 15 or so of the plaintiff's friends/relative, calling to harass him. OH, pity the poor Single Mother! She loses, of course and then she blubbers and weeps in the hall to Doug, who says he feels sorry for her. That makes one of us, Doug. This is precisely why I would never, ever sell my cars privately. You may get less trading it in at the dealer, but at least I know I won't be stalked and harassed after the transaction.

Old fart suing for a tree that he says damaged his fence during a hurricane: That ancient, rickety fence looked at though a mere stiff breeze would knock it down. Only interesting part was def telling him his wife was in jail, but we didn't get any details there.

Finally, we had plaintiffs suing their former landlord/slumlord, who wants people to call him "Oreo". He wants to keep their deposit on the illegal dwelling in which tenants have to go the roof and leap between dwellings should there be a fire,  where water ran into the their apartment like Niagara Falls and for a handrail he says they broke. He wants 2K for that, but JM goes online and, what do you know? Finds the very same handrail for 64$. Landlord is very slimy and has to give back deposit minus the 64$ and amount needed to install a new railing.

Edited by AngelaHunter
The usual: Wine
  • Love 4

I hated the Sainted Single Mother, who not only forged the 'guarantee', but tried to change the period to either 60 or 90 days.     I really hoped Doug would say one of his totally brutal comments, and we could see her really cry, but it just wasn't to be.    

The tree/fence people were so funny.     That fence looked like some of the really old ones across the street from me, and Hurricane Michael's wind and rain really made them look interesting.     I didn't realize you could make a privacy fence curve like that.     Adults in that case should have taken the tree down years ago, and the one with the branch overhang should have called the local chain saw guy to remove everything on his side of the fence.    Then the fence should have been rebuilt, and depending on the property line, and where the fence was placed, either one pay for it, or jointly.    I really hoped we were going to find out about the outlaw wife, but no such luck.    

I hated everyone in the apartment case.    The worst part of the case was the fact that (I could be wrong, I frequently am) not only would the tenants have to climb on the roof to escape a fire, but I think they said you couldn't get to neighboring buildings, or the neighboring buildings were gone, I'm not really sure.     Actually, I know a fire investigator in NYC, and I bet his wife watches TPC, and will mention Oreo, and his heartless fire evacuation plan.    The NYFD will be on this man's fanny very quickly.  I bet the NYC housing people are on his sorry fanny too, and going by Oreo isn't going to stop them.    I loved JM and her handrail ruling, and can't believe Oreo thought having Niagara Falls in your apartment was no big deal.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 11/1/2018 at 3:54 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As annoying as JM playing family therapist can be, I noticed that when she asked what kind of example they were setting for the kids when they become parents, she got a defensive 'we're doing the best we can' in response. Um, no, you aren't, you bottom-feeders...

I kind of like it when JM plays family therapist and tries giving people a wake-up call.  Especially in this episode, which has stuck in my head because of the utter misery going on in that family (all parties).  Those kids are not only going to have major issues with their parents but when there's that kind of chaos going on, especially at their ages, the kids are at risk for going haywire themselves (drugs, alcohol, etc.).

It continues to astonish me how much horrible drama people allow into their lives.  And, it's always someone else's fault.  smh

• Love 2

I just watched Thursday's episode and I'm surprised not to see any comments on it.  Was it only new for me?  Perhaps I finally get to see one of those many pre-empted ones.

First was a sad case of a man suing the daughter of his now-deceased fiancée.  Apparently he agreed to cover the cost of the funeral and the 19-year-old daughter (who was living with them) would pay him back when she settled the estate.  There was a lot of he-said-she-said and things seemed to break down, but in the end MM ruled that she had to pay him because she had already paid part of the money back.  The daughter claimed that she only gave him that money because he was threatening to throw her out.  MM responded that if that were true, she should have just left and used the $3,500 to get her own place.  She did feel bad for the girls - the daughter was there with her sister - and said that it would have been nice if he had just covered the bill, but that legally he didn't have to.

P in the next case was suing for her security deposit back.  In this case, she would have been better off leaving it alone because through all the legalese of the lease, she turned out to be on the hook for an extra $50/month/cat over the 27 months she lived there (2 cats + 1 dog), so she wound up on the wrong end of a $1,500 settlement.  They weren't horrible people, the P and D just couldn't seem to get along.

Yet another nitwit who buys a 2nd hand car from some car place.  "It's my first car and I don't know anything about buying a car which is why I took it to a dealer AFTER I bought it to see what's wrong with it."  There are not enough face palms for this lady.  However, she has a warranty and a maintenance plan and a personality that apparently wore down the defendant to give her her money back minus $120 for 3 days of owning the car + $350 for cancelling the contract.  After agreeing to this and SIGNING A WAIVER, she still sues them to get all her money back.  You can't fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

The part that irritated me about the funeral case is that the daughter seemed to think that her stepfather should support her.     I'm sure the stepdaughter was a royal pain to have around, and I'm guessing that she thought she didn't have to pay for anything too.   And was there a sister living there too?  Or did I misunderstand, as usual.    Even if the people had married, that doesn't mean the stepdad/live in has to support his wife's adult kids forever either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On 11/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

First plaintiff, suing the def for an old heap car: She starts off with ass-kissing, about how happy she is to meet JM and how she watches this show all the time. That was her first lie. Had she watched this show as often as she claims she'd know JM is not stupid, nor is she sympathetic to idiots who buy 15-year old vehicles and don't bother to have them checked by a mechanic. Oh, but plaintiff was desperate, since she's a Sainted Single Mother and she trusted def! That's what I gleaned athough everything she said was so packed with "like like like" it's hard to really know. She talked over JM constantly, for which she deserved a spanking but never got it, was insolent,  informed JM that she couldn't understand what happened since she wasn't there, and then presents a fake, forged document, purportedly written by def which guarantees that if there are problems with the car in 30 days (or less!) he'll take it back and refund all the money. Sure he will, you silly lying twit. I'm pretty sure the def, "Albert II" knows very well how to spell his own name yet his signature was full of errors. Def was nice enough to buy parts for the plaintiff to fix the hoopty - I guess the desperate, tearful single mother schtick got to him -  when he didn't have to and in return gets 15 or so of the plaintiff's friends/relative, calling to harass him. OH, pity the poor Single Mother! She loses, of course and then she blubbers and weeps in the hall to Doug, who says he feels sorry for her. That makes one of us, Doug. This is precisely why I would never, ever sell my cars privately. You may get less trading it in at the dealer, but at least I know I won't be stalked and harassed after the transaction.

I missed the "single mother" part of her spiel, but she was full of crap and tried to pull a fast one.  She was too stupid to spell his name right.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Finally, we had plaintiffs suing their former landlord/slumlord, who wants people to call him "Oreo". He wants to keep their deposit on the illegal dwelling in which tenants have to go the roof and leap between dwellings should there be a fire,  where water ran into the their apartment like Niagara Falls and for a handrail he says they broke. He wants 2K for that, but JM goes online and, what do you know? Finds the very same handrail for 64$. Landlord is very slimy and has to give back deposit minus the 64$ and amount needed to install a new railing.

Actually he got $150 for the railing - money for labor to install it.  He was totally a slumlord.

Slumlord: You can jump from the roof if there's a fire.

Me: WTF ?!?!?!?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The part that irritated me about the funeral case is that the daughter seemed to think that her stepfather should support her. 

I know! And he's not even her stepfather, but her mother's boyfriend. He's nothing to her.  I had a stepfather (my mother and he were actually married) and when my mother passed away, never did it occur to me to keep living there and expect him to feed and house me. Why on earth would he? Of course, I had a J-O-B so went and got my own place. The "Somebody has to take care of me!" attitude of entitlement we see on this show never fails to astonish me. Anyway, this case emphasizes why playing house for years while accumulating property and pooling funds is not a good idea. Boyfriend/girlfriend dies and the other person is mostly entitled to nothing.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Anyway, this case emphasizes why playing house for years while accumulating property and pooling funds is not a good idea. Boyfriend/girlfriend dies and the other person is mostly entitled to nothing.

I know people who are not married and have no intention of getting married and have kids and a house and everything else together and NO WILL.

I try to explain to them that if they have no will and something happens to one of them, that they are in for a very rude awakening because they are not married.  I've actually gotten two couples to go to a notary and get wills drawn up because they had no idea.  Save me!

7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know! And he's not even her stepfather, but her mother's boyfriend. He's nothing to her.  I had a stepfather (my mother and he were actually married) and when my mother passed away, never did it occur to me to keep living there and expect him to feed and house me. Why on earth would he? Of course, I had a J-O-B so went and got my own place. The "Somebody has to take care of me!" attitude of entitlement we see on this show never fails to astonish me. Anyway, this case emphasizes why playing house for years while accumulating property and pooling funds is not a good idea. Boyfriend/girlfriend dies and the other person is mostly entitled to nothing.

The only thing that bothered me was that she wasn't some 30 year old woman who never left the nest.  She was only 19 and maybe going to university and at best have a part-time job.  To have the rug pulled out from under her like that would be hard.  So, I think that a reasonable amount of time to transition out would be fair.  But they would have actually had to sit down and have a conversation about that.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, AEMom said:

The only thing that bothered me was that she wasn't some 30 year old woman who never left the nest.  She was only 19 and maybe going to university and at best have a part-time job.  To have the rug pulled out from under her like that would be hard.

I agree. It's tragic to lose your mother so young. It's sad to lose her at any age, but plaintiff had no obligation to continue supporting his girlfriend's daughter and she had no problem keeping all the 50K and not paying him back the few thousand she owed. I think he was as generous to her as he was able to be, and he needed his money too, since he was never married to def's mother and it seems he got none of the 50K estate. That was his and the deceased's fault of course. My mother left no will either, and my stepfather was lucky that neither my brother nor I wanted a penny of her very modest estate.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I agree. It's tragic to lose your mother so young. It's sad to lose her at any age, but plaintiff had no obligation to continue supporting his girlfriend's daughter and she had no problem keeping all the 50K and not paying him back the few thousand she owed. I think he was as generous to her as he was able to be, and he needed his money too, since he was never married to def's mother and it seems he got none of the 50K estate. That was his and the deceased's fault of course. My mother left no will either, and my stepfather was lucky that neither my brother nor I wanted a penny of her very modest estate.

I agree. She should have given him some money back.  Maybe if she had, he wouldn't have had a problem letting her stay for a while. There were no real winners in that case.

Sorry for the loss of your mom. That's hard at any age. I'm glad you had a good relationship with your stepfather and that everything worked out amicably. 

• Love 3

Today's new cases-Older man who claims that his dog is friendly, but nervous, didn't bite the neighbor who was passing by on a public sidewalk.   He thinks because he's over 65 that everything that happens with him is elder abuse, and he should get double the money he wants.     The plaintiff claims that the other man making a police report about the bite, and the dog getting a quarantine notice merits a ton of money.    There's also a previous spat at a neighborhood party about I.Q.'s, that is ridiculous too.      The defendant didn't show up for the dog bite hearing, so the plaintiff didn't get a fine, but yet plaintiff wants all of the money he would have paid for the fine, and double.    Judge Marilyn makes the right decision, and tells the plaintiff he's an idiot, his dogs should be better controlled on public property, and he's getting nothing.     He's still stupid.

Bad tenants v. landlord-again.    --- Month by month tenants say they were 'evicted' which is actually the landlord got sick of them, and gave them a 30 day notice to leave, in accordance with the law.     They didn't pay February's rent, and were supposed to be out by 1 March.   The plaintiff husband says, the snow storm on 2 March delayed their move, but since they were supposed to be gone by then, that doesn't work either.      The plaintiffs would have only lost their entire security deposit if they hadn't come to court, but lose more because of unpaid rent, and the landlord keeps the security deposit, plus extra.     The judge also said when the grandkids of the tenants flooded the bathroom, and leaked in the kitchen below, the landlord should have taken a picture of the flooded bathroom-so he doesn't get that.

The sitting woman (don't know if that's legit or a plea for sympathy) buys a car, 150k miles, and a 45 day warranty.     She doesn't complain until after the 45 days are over, the seller was more than fair with her, and then she takes the car elsewhere for the transmission, and wants everything paid for.    Judge Marilyn calls the woman's mechanic, and he says that he would have changed something else on the replacement transmission, but many other mechanics don't.   The mechanic was very cute, and the plaintiff is SOL on money.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Today's new cases-Older man who claims that his dog is friendly, but nervous, didn't bite the neighbor who was passing by on a public sidewalk.   He thinks because he's over 65 that everything that happens with him is elder abuse, and he should get double the money he wants.     The plaintiff claims that the other man making a police report about the bite, and the dog getting a quarantine notice merits a ton of money.    There's also a previous spat at a neighborhood party about I.Q.'s, that is ridiculous too.      The defendant didn't show up for the dog bite hearing, so the plaintiff didn't get a fine, but yet plaintiff wants all of the money he would have paid for the fine, and double.    Judge Marilyn makes the right decision, and tells the plaintiff he's an idiot, his dogs should be better controlled on public property, and he's getting nothing.     He's still stupid.

I didn't see this, but that sound like the stupidest case ever on this show.  He should just be grateful that the guy didn't pursue it any further. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

I didn't see this, but that sound like the stupidest case ever on this show.  He should just be grateful that the guy didn't pursue it any further. 

Actually, it was a trio of stupid plaintiffs - but dog owner took top mental m***** honors. Actually watched this one as  I couldn't believe the previews (besides I was in the kitchen making a casserole and remote was in living room). P was suing the guy his dog bit, this guy provides video proving he was harrassing the bite victim. Exactly what was the first video he played supposed to show.... what I saw was victim walking down the sidewalk - then plaintiff began insulting the bite victim and repeatedly calling him a "dumb ****" (not sure what, since early they bleeped it) and victim ignoring the verbal abuse and continuing to walk down the freekin' public sidewalk carrying a bag of groceries. P lucky there wasn't a harrassment countersuit because he provided the evidence for the other side. How in the world did P expect any judge to award triple damage for "elder abuse" in a dog bite case (where the bite victim wasn't even suing the owner.) where the only evidence of abuse was him running his mouth.

2nd case a couple more mental midgets - month to month tenants suing for deposit even though they admit owing two months rent.... especially like it when MM informs them that even if they win (fat chance), their jurisdiction (NY) would not award double damages

3rd case - just normal used car dimwit with P buying old car with lots of miles on the odometer - hey at least she got a 45 day warranty. Thing is, warranty wasn't in writing (D helps her out by agreeing he gave her a verbal warranty) but it expired before her current problem. But wait, she actually has an expert witness standing by to testify D's mechanic did something wrong - except when MM calls her guy, dude basically says D's guy did nothing wrong - sure a really good mechanic would have replaced all the seals while the t***** was out, but 50% of mechanics would have done the repair just like D's guy.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5

After the hallterview with the man accusing elder abuse, I'm nervous for the defendant.   The plaintiff seemed like a loose cannon for bringing this lawsuit at all, then his filming his neighbor and laughing maniacally on video doesn't make him appear stable.  His statement about Florida having the "stand your ground" law and what will happen if his neighbor comes too close to in him the future sounds like trouble.   I had a horrible thought:  I hope that this ex-wrestler looking guy with the "high IQ" doesn't concoct a plan to do harm to his neighbor with some BS story about him coming so close that he felt that he needed to protect himself.   Florida, stop it!

• Love 9

Bad tenants v. landlord-again. 

I skipped the dog case. Why do so many people who live month to month feel that if the landlord gives them notice to leave it means they can stop paying rent? OH, well, they couldn't leave when they were supposed to because it was snowing or they didn't have the money or wasn't convenient for them. These people, who didn't pay 2 month's rent have the incredible gall or stupidity to sue for their security deposit back? Yeah, I'm sure the landlord told them, "Oh, you don't need to pay rent. I'll just skip my mortgage payment this month." Wow. "You should have just left it alone," says JM as she awards def. the rent he was shafted. I really wish JM would go back to stopping the case and waiting for ignorant idiots to get rid of their gum. Plaintiff's wife with her cow-like chomping was annoying.

The sitting woman (don't know if that's legit or a plea for sympathy) buys a car,

I need to know how someone who apparently cannot lift or turn her head can drive a car?? Scary. I know I tried to drive to a clinic when I got a severe muscle spasm, but changed my mind when I realized I couldn't turn my head enough to safely do so. I refuse to believe plaintiff has a driver's license and did she expect def. to keep fixing her old POS car foreer? Mechanic on the phone was kind of charming, but I was expecting JM to tell him, "It's not DEAR. It's "Judge" or "Your Honor." Heh.

22 hours ago, AEMom said:

Sorry for the loss of your mom. That's hard at any age.

Thank you. It's been quite a few years, but still I wish very often I could pick up the phone and hear her voice.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Watched the loony dog owner.  It was entertaining!

8 hours ago, patty1h said:

After the hallterview with the man accusing elder abuse, I'm nervous for the defendant.   The plaintiff seemed like a loose cannon for bringing this lawsuit at all, then his filming his neighbor and laughing maniacally on video doesn't make him appear stable.  His statement about Florida having the "stand your ground" law and what will happen if his neighbor comes too close to in him the future sounds like trouble.   I had a horrible thought:  I hope that this ex-wrestler looking guy with the "high IQ" doesn't concoct a plan to do harm to his neighbor with some BS story about him coming so close that he felt that he needed to protect himself.   Florida, stop it!

I completely agree. The man is off his rocker. And I am worried for that other guy.  All defendent's call to the cops accomplished was getting the dog quarantined for 2 weeks and this Looney guy thinks means he is owed a lot of money and has the right to harass this guy when he walks along the street. I can see this guy going a little further than that. The quarintine was a good thing.  I would want to make sure the dog does not have rabies. It is not normal for a dog to attack people while being walked on a leash with their owner right there.

Edited by ElleMo
I have fat fingers and I'm using my cell phone and making lots of mistakes
  • Love 4
  1. dirty hands: fight over truck. P says truck was his - but his license is suspended so he couldn't register and insure it. So he gets D, a childhood friend, to register/insure it.... what's the difference between no insurance and someone driving on a suspended license that the insurance won't cover? I haven't even finished watching P's intro and ready to give him the boot with nada - only question is whether case should be referred to local law enforcement. I mean, P obviously doesn't mind breaking the law - heck he's here on national TV suing his co-conspirator in his fraud scheme.... (for gallery watchers - WTH is up with woman in front row behind P with her facial contortions/head rolling/stretching during his intro.)... ok, in walks - not sure what to say about D - first impression notice the hair - then the outfit and necklace - then once I see her face decide she's trying to distract us from how ugly she is (but I'm sure she's got a great personality)... ok, her intro claims that she was doing her friend a favor putting the truck in her name, but when she found out he was racking up tickets/fines and driving without a license or insurance she reported the truck stolen - even though she knew who had it and she knew all along he had no license. Sooooo in addition to being in on his fraud, she also filed a false police report. (Any bets on whether she was getting paid to register the truck for P.) Course she's filed a countersuit for the money she's out registering/insuring the truck and paying his tickets (oh, and 2 grand worth of pain and suffering).... nope, no clean hands here, nobody deserves a penny (he wants 5 grand, she wants $2800+), both need to be looked at by local LEO... ok, all the above is from intro - soon as testimony begins in have to rewind and turn on CC... Uh oh, not happening - can't take the stupid - not going to try to recap this mess - just sitting back and watching dude tell us his story - do people really expect a judge to help clean up their mess when they testify their fraud backfired... good grief, they decided to run this case long. Not about to rewind and figure out why MM decides to give this P anything, but graphic says he gets $1751.95 - strange amount, but not interested enough to rewind.
  2. tenant looking for deposit: ok, both intros claim to have before and after video/pictures. Tenant says her video proves she left place in great shape - landlady says opposite. Have to wait and see, both sides' intro makes them sound reasonable, but somebody is either lying or a nutcase. Ok, from preview looking like tenant is the nut as MM goes off on P. Ah, when testimony begins landlady fumbles coming off the starting line. Why do businesses send representatives to court who have no first hand knowledge of the case. I guess in this case the photographic evidence proves the case - but really, it just doesn't make much sense to hear D says she didn't see the place after P moved out. Heck, lady who starts out testifying for defense is just here for the free lunch, she has to get her witness up to show us the pictures. Ok, pictures look bad, but still waiting for the before pictures - and what is this nonsense that D is charging for a dirty sidewalk?!? She actually tells us she expects the tenant to pressure wash the sidewalk. We may be getting a switcheroo here - sure sounds like D is overreaching and wants house back in pristine condition and no normal wear and tear after tenant had been there for 2 years. Oops, usually MM is spot on when we're talking construction - but this time she's off track when talking about Kilz. D tells us the painters had to put Kilz on the walls to cover grime and MM questions that, saying Kilz is for mold.... uh no, Kilz is a primer that is used to cover stains and is mildew resistant (some people do use it to cover mold). Also, Kilz is really just a brand name, there are actually several different formulas for different uses. Ah well, maybe I heard wrong about how long tenant had been there. MM decides theres enough that landlady is entitled to keep the $1800 deposit - I probably would have halved it and let her keep $900 (I didn't think the water damage under that air conditioner was that big a deal, but then MM has the contractor's estimate)
  3. loan not repaid: intro has me puzzled. P intro first says these two were coworkers when P loaned D some money - goes on to say P was keeping a portion of D's paycheck... huh? Were they coworkers or was he the employer?... when D lost the job he still owed a grand, which is what P is suing for. D's intro doesn't help clear things up any. His story is the two were coworkers - P was fired - later D quit and went to work for P - says P stiffed him on his wages - he's claiming P owes him $2700 in unpaid wages. Hmmmm, when we hear the preview clip before commercial MM is asking if these two were ripping off their old employer and selling stuff they stole.... hey, that would actually make the convoluted intros make more sense. Ok, once testimony starts.... well, I still don't know what's going on. P says he was the store manager and was D's supervisor. Says he loaned D $1500, and D had only repaid $500 when D lost the job. D argues P wasn't just a manager, says he was 50% owner... when asked, P confirms he was part owner.  Ok, that makes a little more sense. Still, this whole thing is a convoluted mess. According to D, P's partner sold his interest, and P took his interest and started his own business with a new partner - the $1500 was never a loan, but an incentive for D to quit the original business and come work in P's new store. Says once he started the new job, he was never paid - the $500 P claims was partial repayment was actually wages earned at new job which were never paid. Actually, D's story making more sense - but so far it's just talk... course we didn't see any actual evidence from P either - only reason we even know there was $1500 changing hands is D admits receiving it. Ok - no evidence, but these two work selling cell phones so you know there's going to be texts to read. Yep, texts to be read, but sounds like MM needs an interpreter to figure out what they're about - not sure how much credibility can be placed on the texts when MM has to keep asking what they mean. P is trying to convince us D was paid cash under the table... yet another litigant suing  where big part of case is his shady business practices. Eventually, MM gathers enough info to decide the $1500 WAS a loan and D was promising to repay it and never did. Now I'm leaning toward P - not totally convinced but he's sounding like he's got "preponderance of evidence" on his side.  MM keeps reading, then asks D why he keeps promising money if he doesn't owe any. Uh - no answer, just smile like "oh, you caught me!" Ok, stick a fork in me - case over - pay the dude the grand. Oh, the $2700 counterclaim for wages - D torpedoed own case when he insisted P was a partner. MM tells him he can't sue P for the wages, he needs to sue the business, so she dismisses the countersuit without prejudice. Actually may have a case since P paid in cash with no records - but will D be able to prove how much work he did and is owed.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

dirty hands: fight over truck.

It's funny, but before watching this I was thinking I like the cases here better than those on JJ. Wrong. Same old garbage. "My license was messed up" = "I am unable to drive without racking up so many infractions and tickets it was suspended" in TPC-speak. A middle-aged man who has no license to drive because he got a speeding ticket as a kid and the cops have nothing better to do than look up ancient history and say, "Hey, let's suspend his license for giggles even though he's done nothing wrong for the last 30 years." So of course he buys a truck, which he never EVER drives, and gets someone else to register and insure it. At least I think that's what happened, since plaintiff's speech was so outrageously bad I had a moment of wondering what language he was speaking. JM is a master at deciphering this gibberish: "She had the surence an the rega" which apparently meant the truck was registered and insured under def's name. What's wrong with breaking the law and defrauding insurance companies, anyway? Def is a nasty little gargoyle who couldn't control herself and is of course in home health care. And I'm thinking, "This is way so many people actually live their lives, where they never really own anything and their possessions must always be in someone else's name."

What plaintiff, who had zero proof of his 2500$ worth of tools in the crushed truck learned, as imparted to Doug in the Hall: "Proof don't mean nuthin' these days." Well, it might if you actually had some. Duh.

tenant looking for deposit:

I really wanted to know two things: First, how the hell can someone turn a place into a filthy pigsty that looked as though it were inhabited by a grizzly bear in such a short time? I rented for about 4 years and never did I smash the plaster off the walls and put huge swaths of filth all over them. No, really - how do you do that on walls? Second: How can someone wish to have their filthy habits exposed on national TV? I think I'd just slink away in shame and forget about the security deposit. Plaintiff didn't have a headboard on her bed, so her nasty head made those huge, black grease marks on the wall? She slept with her head pressed against the wall? Who does that? Sounds less than comfy.

Kilz is a primer that is used to cover stains and is mildew resistant (some people do use it to cover mold).

Right. It covers a multitude of sins, including smells and stains and from what we saw, definitely needed in this case.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

The woman in the dirty hands case, in the audience was yawning too, and I swear at the beginning she looked like she was nodding off too.    Very distracting, but since I could barely understand the plaintiff, it was a welcome distraction to watch her gyrations.  

The first lady in the rental property case was the property manager, and the second lady was the one who actually had to go into that disgusting mess of a house.     The property managers should have received even more for the nasty wall under the air conditioner, since it probably was going to need more than just new wall board when they actually tear into the wall.   I'm betting that the mold and water damage will probably require replacement of some structural wood too.    

• Love 5

The dog bite guy had the most appropriate last name ever:  Nutter. 

He was a TOTAL nutter and the D should keep FAR, FAR away from him.

Security deposit: "There was a snowstorm 2 days AFTER we were supposed to be out.  How did you expect us to leave on time?"    *Facepalm*

On 11/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I need to know how someone who apparently cannot lift or turn her head can drive a car?? Scary.

I wondered about that too.

5 hours ago, SRTouch said:
  1. dirty hands: fight over truck. Not about to rewind and figure out why MM decides to give this P anything, but graphic says he gets $1751.95 - strange amount, but not interested enough to rewind.

In a nutshell, His car wound up going to the big car crusher in the sky because she wouldn't show up at the impound lot to get it released - she had the title, so only she could do it.   His car was worth $2,500, so she was on the hook for that.   He owed her for the insurance, tickets, etc. so the $1751 was the net judgement.

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really wanted to know two things: First, how the hell can someone turn a place into a filthy pigsty that looked as though it were inhabited by a grizzly bear in such a short time? I rented for about 4 years and never did I smash the plaster off the walls and put huge swaths of filth all over them. No, really - how do you do that on walls? Second: How can someone wish to have their filthy habits exposed on national TV? I think I'd just slink away in shame and forget about the security deposit.

I'm thinking that it could have been smoking.  Smoking can make walls look so disgusting.  As for exposing their filthy habits on TV?  I think we established a long time ago that most litigants on TPC have no shame (or teeth or fashion sense) at all.    ;-)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AEMom said:

I'm thinking that it could have been smoking.  Smoking can make walls look so disgusting.

I could see that if the walls were uniformly discoloured, but the big blackened smears were all over the place. I can't imagine how that could be done.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I could see that if the walls were uniformly discoloured, but the big blackened smears were all over the place. I can't imagine how that could be done.

I'm thinking that if you were sitting on a couch all the time to smoke, that the black marks could be more concentrated around where the furniture was.

If it's not that, I can't imagine what the hell else it could be.  Any other option is just.... ew......  even more disgusting, lol.

8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The property managers should have received even more for the nasty wall under the air conditioner, since it probably was going to need more than just new wall board when they actually tear into the wall.   I'm betting that the mold and water damage will probably require replacement of some structural wood too.  

I think MM gave them what their estimate was, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Love 3

The amazing part to me was that all of that damage happened in only two years of living there, and the air conditioner damage was in a few months after a replacement unit was installed.    I've seen other resale houses with those huge grease marks on the wall, and I can't imagine how they really happen, since I've seen them on bedroom walls, but also in living rooms too.    You would have to use Kilz or an equivalent to cover that, because whatever that mark was, it would have come through any regular primer.     When I've seen cigarette smoke marks, they often are brown, not the greasy looking darker marks that were on the walls in that house.      I hope the woman's current property managers saw this episode, so they will be prepared when they inspect their property, and find similar damage.   

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The amazing part to me was that all of that damage happened in only two years of living there, and the air conditioner damage was in a few months after a replacement unit was installed.    I've seen other resale houses with those huge grease marks on the wall, and I can't imagine how they really happen, since I've seen them on bedroom walls, but also in living rooms too.    You would have to use Kilz or an equivalent to cover that, because whatever that mark was, it would have come through any regular primer.     When I've seen cigarette smoke marks, they often are brown, not the greasy looking darker marks that were on the walls in that house.      I hope the woman's current property managers saw this episode, so they will be prepared when they inspect their property, and find similar damage.   

I think that there are definitely slumlords, and slum tenants too.  I would never own a rental property in Quebec.  You're not allowed to charge a security deposit, and 1 in 3 apartments are left with at least $700 in damage and 46% don't pay their last month's rent.  The only way to try and recoup your money is to go to the Rental board, which can take years at which point, they have probably changed all their phone numbers and dropped off the face of the earth.

I personally know someone who rented out a house and the tenants bought a new fridge that didn't fit through the doorway or the allotted space in the kitchen, so they hacked out a chunk of the wall and a portion of the kitchen cabinets to get it into the kitchen and to fit it in there somewhere.  She couldn't do a damn thing once they moved out.  Some people are just not raised with any sense of taking care of things that don't belong to them.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, AEMom said:

Some people are just not raised with any sense of taking care of things that don't belong to them.

Not just tenants, but it's something I see all the time with employees as well. 

Oh - no recap today - silly local provider showing yesterday's cases again today. No worries, I still have a week's work of new episodes on the DVR that I haven't watched

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AEMom said:

I personally know someone who rented out a house and the tenants bought a new fridge that didn't fit through the doorway or the allotted space in the kitchen, so they hacked out a chunk of the wall and a portion of the kitchen cabinets to get it into the kitchen and to fit it in there somewhere.  She couldn't do a damn thing once they moved out.  Some people are just not raised with any sense of taking care of things that don't belong to them.

That is breathtakingly awful.  No words. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just when I feel safe, sure that it can't get worse we get today's aunt and niece who got into a knock-down, drag-out battle at the funeral home while planning mom/grandma's funeral. Def niece had "an attitude" so auntie charges her like an angry bison and the fight is on - in the funeral home! Auntie got her finger or arm bitten (seems her "slightly" fractured finger required the inches-thick massive bandage up to her elbow she wore today) but niece didn't do it on purpose! She freely admits she was aiming to bite Auntie's boob(!!). Makes sense to me. Auntie lies and says niece ripped out her hair ("See?") and somehow manged to pull it out in perfect squares. The rest is a wig anyway. Anyway, some uncle tries to break up the savage brawl and niece tries to stab him with a pen and seems to think that's vaguely amusing. Of course, as would I. Then we hear about niece's drug addict mother who reproduced, baby goes to foster care, def takes baby to raise. I'm sure she's setting a stellar example for her little sister of how a self-respecting mature woman behaves. JM tries to get in a mini-"We are family" speech. What a joke. I bet her niece never tried to chomp her boob.

Next case was a contract one. What a relief. No biting, kicking or scratching. Plaintiff hires def to work on a building he bought. He paid def 1500$ up front, so def starts work by going up a 40-foot ladder and ripping out all the soffits. He says he then needed the second 3rd of the payment, but plaintiff is not forthcoming with any dough. Plaintiff denies def did a single thing, but def's pics prove otherwise. Plaintiff tries to backpedal his lie, so begins explaining to JM what a "soffit" is. Well, you can imagine her reaction. She knows what soffits are and what's involved in removing them from a rather large building. Lying little plaintiff gets zip. Of course in the  hall he whines that the judge didn't give him a chance to explain, but how do you explain why you lied? Doug is not sympathetic.

Last case is some stupid doofus plaintiff. He's a middle-aged man who rents a 1-bedroom apt from def, and then moves in his girlfriend and three kids. Def, who recently bought the home, gets fed up with the racket and fighting and gives him notice to leave at the end of his lease, but keeps 300$ of the deposit, which doofus wants back. Pictures don't lie, and def had them - sludge on the carpet, filthy oven, gouged kitchen cabinets, holes in the walls, broken curtain rods and piles of junk left for her to deal with. Why didn't he take his TV cabinet, etc? Well, there was no room in the moving truck, so he shouldn't have to be responsible. He's only about 50, so someone else should be happy to clean up after him. And he left only ONE air mattress. I guess the other ones belonged to someone else. The place was renovated before stupid plaintiff moved in, and JM feels the 300$ is beyond reasonable to clean up the mess plaintiff and his horde left behind. He gets nothing. Too bad landlord didn't countersue for more. He also whines in the hall. Suck it up, bucko.

5 hours ago, AEMom said:

I think that there are definitely slumlords, and slum tenants too.  I would never own a rental property in Quebec.  You're not allowed to charge a security deposit, and 1 in 3 apartments are left with at least $700 in damage and 46% don't pay their last month's rent.  The only way to try and recoup your money is to go to the Rental board, which can take years at which point, they have probably changed all their phone numbers and dropped off the face of the earth.

I live in QC too, and the laws are all on the side of the tenant. You can't even get them out if they don't pay rent. Landlords are really out of luck in each and every way.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just when I feel safe, sure that it can't get worse we get today's aunt and niece who got into a knock-down, drag-out battle at the funeral home while planning mom/grandma's funeral. Def niece had "an attitude" so auntie charges her like an angry bison and the fight is on - in the funeral home! Auntie got her finger or arm bitten (seems her "slightly" fractured finger required the inches-thick massive bandage up to her elbow she wore today) but niece didn't do it on purpose! She freely admits she was aiming to bite Auntie's boob(!!). Makes sense to me. Auntie lies and says niece ripped out her hair ("See?") and somehow manged to pull it out in perfect squares. The rest is a wig anyway. Anyway, some uncle tries to break up the savage brawl and niece tries to stab him with a pen and seems to think that's vaguely amusing. Of course, as would I. Then we hear about niece's drug addict mother who reproduced, baby goes to foster care, def takes baby to raise. I'm sure she's setting a stellar example for her little sister of how a self-respecting mature woman behaves. JM tries to get in a mini-"We are family" speech. What a joke. I bet her niece never tried to chomp her boob.

"He was trying to break up a fight in a funeral home! The guy's a hero, why are you stabbing him with a pen?!"

I dunno, I guess that's a custom in their family, since JM also asked if they'd fought physically before, and the niece said, "Oh, yes." As you do, clearly.

• Love 6

Of all of the times not to have a video, it had to be the funeral home brawl of the century?      I can't believe a grown woman admitted she bit the finger by mistake, and was aiming for the boob.      Judge Marilyn should can the "We are Family" speech, the litigants act like fools, and they aren't going to change because of her platitudes.  

How does anyone live in a one bedroom apartment with four other people?      Though I've heard worse numbers of people living in one place on some of the court shows.   

• Love 5

"I was there and they were gone and by the time I got back they had already left."

Except a lot less coherent, because I literally could not understand the aunt's testimony about how the whole altercation started. I was really hoping JM would tell her to stop saying 'I leff out' or "I was tryna leave out' because it was driving me insane.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I dunno, I guess that's a custom in their family, since JM also asked if they'd fought physically before, and the niece said, "Oh, yes." As you do, clearly

I know! It's like, "Well, of course. Duh! What do you think? We always settle family disagreements by beating and biting the shit out of each other, no matter where we are." Imagine other people who were at that funeral home that day, listening to the screeching and brawling? I have a niece and I'm trying to visualize us on the floor kicking and punching each other and... oh god, now I'm in hysterics. Hahaha!

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Judge Marilyn should can the "We are Family" speech, the litigants act like fools, and they aren't going to change because of her platitudes. 

Her speech was pretty weak today. I think she finally realized that when she has litigants who behave like wild animals, a "What would your mother think of this?" isn't cutting it. Tranquilizer dart guns would be more helpful.

• Love 8
On 11/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, AEMom said:

TI'm thinking that it could have been smoking.  Smoking can make walls look so disgusting.  As for exposing their filthy habits on TV?  I think we established a long time ago that most litigants on TPC have no shame (or teeth or fashion sense) at all.    ;-)

I used to live in an apartment next door to a guy who smoked like a chimney.  His smoke was always wafting into my place.  He was a nice guy, but his smoking was outrageous.  One time I went into his apartment to talk to him about something, and I saw that his walls were all a horrible, sickly yellow.

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I used to live in an apartment next door to a guy who smoked like a chimney.  His smoke was always wafting into my place.  He was a nice guy, but his smoking was outrageous.  One time I went into his apartment to talk to him about something, and I saw that his walls were all a horrible, sickly yellow.

Uh... how long ago was this? I used to be that guy - smoked 3 1/2 to 4 packs a day for awhile there. Didn't smoke until I was in my mid 30s, but started during Desert Storm deployment and was a regular chimney for years. Haven't smoked in what - 10 years now - can smell cigarette smoke on someone from across the room - and still have the occasional urge to light one up (thankfully, such urges now few and far between - but I just know that if I smoke 1 today I'll be buying a pack tomorrow.) 

• Love 6