Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Celebrity: Nutritious and Delicious

Chefs Anne Burrell and Tyler Florence gather the celebrity recruits to play a unique taste-and-describe game with delicious comfort foods. After testing their taste buds, actress Melissa Peterman arrives to help with the main dish challenge, as the recruits must create their own unique meals that include a protein, side dish and dessert. The two celebrities with the worst dishes battle it out in the blind elimination challenge.

(edited)

I think I find the constant complaining about Maria Bamford more annoying than Maria Bamford herself.

I don't know why so many people are so against her.  Sure, she's weird and odd but that's this show's specialty and her personal shtick, off which she makes a lot of money.  I've suffered through a lot of weird and odd annoying characters on this show over the years, but if it bothered me that much I wouldn't watch it.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
(edited)

I didn't mind Maria,  either.  I thought she was kind of funny and cute. 

I'm surprised how much I like LaToya. What a sweetheart she seems  to be,  and a decent cook,  too. I continue to love Oscar. I would love Ian to go home,  but I have a feeling he's destined for the final.  He actually seems like he can cook,  I just think he's obnoxious. 

Edited by librarianbeck
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, librarianbeck said:

I didn't mind Maria,  either.  I thought she was kind of funny and cute. 

I'm surprised how much I like LaToya. What a sweetheart she seems  to be,  and a decent cook,  too. I continue to love Oscar. I would love Ian to go home,  but I have a feeling he's destined for the final.  He actually seems like he can cook,  I just think he's obnoxious. 

LaToya does surprise people.  She has done a few competition shows, including Celebrity Apprentice, and she is always sweet, never malicious.   Some people may think she's an airhead because of that baby voice but she is shrewd in the nicest way possible.

• Love 6

I was happy to see Melissa again (I was one of the few who enjoyed her last year).  I expect to see any combination of Catherine, LaToya, and Ian in the finals.  I can hardly believe that the season is almost over.  I have been enjoying this cast.

• Love 4

I found myself liking Latoya this episode.  When Tyler was SO attentive to her, explaining, suggesting things, praising her, she was dismissive of him, and made a snide comment when he walked away.   I loved it.  I don't remember the exact words she used, but she cracked me up. 

Ian seems to be one of those people who pretended to know nothing about cooking just so he could be on "worst Cooks,"  but he actually knows what he's doing. I want him gone, because I hate his attitude.  I love Oscar.  

• Love 5

I'm fine with all of these people. Ian has bugged me on other shows but hasn't been particularly bothersome here. I'm not a fan of Maria's comedy but she wasn't forcing it. The only one I disliked from the whole cast was Bronson and he was gone first.

However, the graphic overlays this episode were way over the top. They've been uneven, and I don't mind a soft hand sometimes. But it felt half the show was cheap graphic effects and that "zoodles" dance mix went on about 90 minutes too long.

Also I noticed an awful lot of tasting spoons going back in the dish this week and no one called on it. Most notably Latoya tasting the salad dressing at the end. But then Anne and Tyler weren't around to yell much this episode so I guess they get away with it.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, theatremouse said:

There was so much double dipping in this episode. Made me cringe.

I'm hoping you don't eat out too much, whether at restaurants or other peoples' homes.  People double dip allll the time.  Spoons, fingers, chips.  Fondue anyone?

I don't, but generally on this show the judges specifically call out contestants for double-dipping. So it bothered me that in this one, they didn't. Oscar double-dipped his own. LaToya turned the spoon backward when she tasted Maria's dressing but then double-dipped the handle in it. Or...maybe that part was for the blind challenge so the judges weren't watching? LaToya's I think the judges weren't in the room. But when Oscar did it they were.

• Love 1

I saw Melissa take the internal temperature of LaToya's chicken and we even saw the thermometer register to 181. Melissa said that it seemed overdone and I agree, although LaToya insisted that it wasn't dry. She always cooks meat dishes then says she can't try anything because she doesn't eat meat. Huh? Then, why not make something vegetarian?

I thought that the plate she presented to Tyler looked meh, but as always, he proclaimed it was "delicious." Nothing personal against her because she seems very sweet, but everything she makes looks kinda blah, but she gets rave reviews and moves on. I also question why Oscar is hanging on. His stuff always looks like a disaster and his sad-sack loser demeanor doesn't help. (Unless that is his schtick, because I have never seen him on any other shows before.)

I am pretty sure LaToya is going to win the whole shebang, which is OK with me, especially if she takes down EYE-an. However, my favorite is Catherine. I think she (and LaToya) are two others, besides Ian, who know more about cooking than they are letting on. It seemed like Catherine's main problem has been using too many ingredients but she seems to be reining that in.

• Love 2