Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Break Up Bunch Part 1

• Start Topic

Ref. Kathryn's allegation that the Nanny wouldn't let her hold her own child.  Well, from what we know about Kathryn, I'd trust the Nanny's judgment over hers.  I would imagine that perhaps, Kathryn was acting off balance for some reason, acting angry, sitting on a moving vehicle, had a fever or some other safety and welfare issue that went right over Kathryn's head. Or, it could be that  the allegation is completely untrue.  I suppose the Nanny is gone by now. I hope the children were not too traumatized. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I would hope they saw $$$$$ when they saw that bloviating fool, I mean, is there really anything else to see?

“I’m dating a guy with a bridge named after his family”

”My boyfriend is super notable. I mean, he’s made headlines”

”He had a political career but gave it up for other pursuits”

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. Kathryn's allegation that the Nanny wouldn't let her hold her own child.  Well, from what we know about Kathryn, I'd trust the Nanny's judgment over hers.  I would imagine that perhaps, Kathryn was acting off balance for some reason, acting angry, sitting on a moving vehicle, had a fever or some other safety and welfare issue that went right over Kathryn's head. Or, it could be that  the allegation is completely untrue.  I suppose the Nanny is gone by now. I hope the children were not too traumatized. 

Agree that I would like to hear the Nanny's version. Since Saint only sees Kathryn ever other weekend but the Nanny almost every day, it could have been as simple as Kathryn holding Saint and him crying and reaching for the Nanny and the Nanny wanting to take him so he would calm down. I can see Kathryn being greatly offended by that. Knowing her, she would probably interpret it as the Nanny scheming to make Saint turn against her.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 16
(edited)
35 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I can’t deny that Kathryn and Ashley both saw $$$ when it came to T-Rav. But even so, Kathryn came on the scene early in season 1 and was apparently well known in their social circles.

And not in a good way. If I remember correctly, her reputation was less than stellar from the start. 

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Hell I can't stand Kathryn but if I was  at the dinner where Ashley threw out that she was with the kids more than Kathryn I would have come for her.

We don't know yet what prompted Ashley to say that. I'm sure Kathryn started some shit with her nasty jealous temper. Kathryn is pissed off that somebody else is spending time with her ex and kids? She's gonna have 18 yrs of that so she better get used to it and stop hating on every girlfriend TRAV has because we know this Ashley chick won't be the last. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12

When is Craig going to admit that he’s not really sewing.  He’s buying pre-made stuff and using the embroidery setting on his machine and not well.  Naomi was right to dump him.  He and Austen are not Shep.  They have show money but not Shep money.  Hell, Shep is not even Shep anymore.  38 and going to the bar every night is not wearing well.

I do not miss Landon.  I did not like Landon.

I want to to root for Kathryn but she still blames others for problems she created.  You fail a drug test, but it Thomas’ fault you have to be tested?  Right...

• Love 23
(edited)

I guess we can see where this season is headed: lots of sniping. Ugh.

When it comes to thirst, none of these women have room to throw shade, with the exceptions of Cam and Elizabeth. Interesting and classy that Elizabeth stayed off-camera; I think if she'd been willing to trash JD on-camera, production would have used it in the first episode. Elizabeth is putting her children first.

Absolutely no surprises about JD. He was always a smarmy wannabe. I think the media have hinted that his money is going up his nose. His poor-me speech to Thomas sickened me. Whiny loser. Maybe someone will get him into rehab. Wonder if Thomas will dump him.

Craig and Kathryn looked like 180 miles of hard road. After a hurricane. Michael K (Dlisted blog) would have a field day with Kathryn's Sharpie eyebrows and heavy dry pancake foundation. She has never looked good unless the show's stylists get their hands on her. Covering up her glorious red hair is a crying shame.

Craig is weird. He has no strategic purpose in his life, dabbles in whatever catches his fancy, and is incapable of participating in a discussion if he perceives an iota of criticism. For once Shep took the high road during one of these incidents (the smoker). Shep looks radically different in several of his appearances - healthy and refreshed at the cookout and bloated and hungover elsewhere.

I suspect the Ravenel nanny Deirdre tried to keep Kathryn away from Saint because Kathryn was loaded or overwrought. I personally don't believe Kathryn cares about her children except in a vague, inconsistent way. The drugs and mayhem kept her from bonding with them. She knows how to fake it for the cameras. Her long-term strategy is to have more child support money and access to Thomas's world of wealth. She needs to shut her trap with the victim script and grow up. The other women are enabling her in exchange for TV time. They are not her friends.

Sigh. Thomas still has the maturity of an adolescent boy when it comes to women. We don't know if he said anything respectful about the new girlfriend, other than his comment about manners, but he objectifies Ashley sexually and uses her to feed his ego and taunt Kathryn. His comment about "Kathryn will die when she sees Ashley in her little outfit" made me sick. I wonder how determined Ashley is to get the wallet and the TV time. She may be willing to endure Thomas' nonsense, unless he eventually decides he wants her to play a stay-at-home hands-on mothering role to the two children. Also: prenup.

ETA: Whitney looked good. I personally find Patricia's gaudy big diamond obscene.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 15

Ok, gang, I need your help. What exactly was the headline that popped up when JD was talking about his business problems? It took me a few seconds to realize I was supposed to be reading my screen. Did it say something like he NEVER paid his mortgage on his restaurant? And Craig paid for the privilege of interning for this guy. Okay, okay, he was a “business partner” who wasn’t allowed to contribute to the business...because JD was such an incredible businessman, apparently? 

But, guuuuuuurl, talk about being thirsty. I am parched and want ALL the tea! I couldn’t get enough of all of the dumped girls sitting on the couch and throwing each other’s respective exes under the bus.

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

ETA: Whitney looked good. I personally find Patricia's gaudy big diamond obscene.

Did Whitney have a nose job? Something about him looks less scary.

Patricia's promise ring cannot be real, right? Maybe a white topaz or some other lesser gem stone.

• Love 11

Kathryn is looking rough which is a shame because I think she is a beautiful girl. She is also heavily medicated.

Pat's diamond looks like glass.

I love the SC theme song lol.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Whitney have a nose job? Something about him looks less scary.

Patricia's promise ring cannot be real, right? Maybe a white topaz or some other lesser gem stone.

It looked a cloudy mess to me. So maybe it is a real crappy diamond.

• Love 7

Can someone fill me in about JD & Elizabeth?  Does he own that bar/restaurant .. Does he make & sell the booze .. and what's the story about Elizabeth's inheritance?

• Love 7

I thought something looked off with Dani.....loved her top though, the back was beautiful. Kathryn's hair color was awful, in some shots the chunky blonde highlights (?) was not a good look for her. I am so glad JD's wife left him.....what a con man, she seems like a sweet person.  Chelsie is still my favorite girl, she is laid back and relatively drama free.  So disappointed Austen was the type to slyly make her pay for everything and quit his job, I thought better of him.  Thomas, oh Thomas....so transparent in picking Ashley's clothing.  He seriously is gross.  Shep doesn't bother me by still being single...he will be fine.  Craig is ultra sensitive.  Patricia did crack me up by saying she is the only one who is marriage material :)           

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

So much this! I know Kathryn is unstable,  but Thomas just loves to poke the beast.  The man is over 50, yet he is just as immature and nutty as Kathryn.  Cannot stand him. I think he enjoys gaslighting Kathryn, which tells me what a disgusting person he really is. 

I know the slow version of the theme song while the cast left for the party was supposed to be dramatic,  but it just made me laugh.  

I know, right?  He knocks her one minute, then the next he's hugging and kissing her, WTF?  We know Katherine is nuts, but she's still his baby's momma, and he should treat her better especially in front of others, especially that gold digger he brought home from Cali.  Those kids of theirs are so adorable it breaks my heart that  their two parents are so fucked up.  They are so selfish by putting themselves first instead of those kids.

• Love 10

On Project Runway All Stars PTV posters were (affectionately) calling the four finalists the "sister wives." I'm going to call Danni, Kathryn, Naomie and Cheltsie the "sob sisters."

I thought Danni looked a bit different - maybe messy hair and heavy eye makeup? Stepping into the shallow pool: did Cheltsie get modest implants?

• Love 6

Thomas also liked KD's "physicality" so he was going for the same thing.

He'd also been rebuffed by Danni so he was going to go for the first younger female who didn't recoil in horror from him.

2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Grandpa T-Rav took her shopping for “appropriate” Southern “attire,” or at the very least bankrolled her Charleston Barbie Dream Closet.

I can’t deny that Kathryn and Ashley both saw $$$ when it came to T-Rav. But even so, Kathryn came on the scene early in season 1 and was apparently well known in their social circles. She was also a “scion” as T-Rav is, so—as tenuous as ties to ACTUAL class may be—she was “appropriate” for him. Ashley saw the dude in a bar in LA after several seasons of the show and beckoned him over based on his fame. Or “fame.” She HAD to see $$$ plus reality show “stardom” because it’s not like she would’ve been drawn in by his impeccable character and reputation for being an upstanding gentleman by any definition most of us would use.

• Love 4

At some point we need to discuss the Bondo on Thomas's face in the F YOU! scenes.  He must be getting Botox and fillers to not look so old next to his much younger girlfriend. His face is sliding down. Pretty soon he's going to look like the Scream mask.

• Love 13
(edited)

Man, did Shep look bad in his THs or what?! That face looked like a bloated whale. 

35 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Stepping into the shallow pool: did Cheltsie get modest implants?

Nope, that's a long time ago. Back during her Survivor days. Another player hilariously confronted her about it. And she didn't deny.

35 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm going to call Danni, Kathryn, Naomie and Cheltsie the "sob sisters."

When they were sitting on that couch, I was thinking, "holy mackerel, such a diverse group of blondes!"

13 hours ago, Sage47 said:

So Austen is a lazy cheapskate like Craig. Neat. Remember Craig always “forgetting” his wallet?? Ew. 

I wonder if Austen's new side chick is paying for his personal trainer and workouts.

It's funny because those pictures he showed of him and Victoria were pictures on HER Instragram. LOL.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

At some point we need to discuss the Bondo on Thomas's face in the F YOU! scenes.  He must be getting Botox and fillers to not look so old next to his much younger girlfriend. His face is sliding down. Pretty soon he's going to look like the Scream mask.

OMG, yes!  One look at him and I was like, "Since when is wood putty the new charcoal mask?"  Across the board, the men on this show have aged rapidly and poorly.  

I was kind of ready to slack back on this show, but as long as the ladies are gunning for JD and ready to spill it on his coke whoring ways, I'm still in.

• Love 14

@Higgins I think it was a conflagration of several things; not making payments on his restaurant, whether it was taxes or the mortgage. Blowing lines. Tomcatting around town with 20-year-olds and allegedly sleeping with them. Not being present and accountable as a father. General douchebaggery.

• Love 12
(edited)

Here's one blogger's comments/reporting on JD; note the post is about 18 months old. It says that JD "went through most of Elizabeth's inheritance." It specifically mentions "hookers and blow."

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

I don't think JD had a mortgage on the bar/restaurant - he rented the property.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Was showing up on his own birthday with an extra large Chik-Fil-A meal for nearly 9 months pregnant Cam the most thoughtful thing we’ve ever seen Shep do for a woman? I think it might be.

Hey! He got the large, he's a man of substance (abuse) and means (by no means).....

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Here's one blogger's comments/reporting on JD; note the post is about 18 months old. It says that JD "went through most of Elizabeth's inheritance." It specifically mentions "hookers and blow."

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

I don't think JD had a mortgage on the bar/restaurant - he rented the property.

WOW .. That was a great article which explains everything, including Elizabeth.  There was always something I didn't like about him, a real bullshit artist.  And to think he used her money for all his pleasures.  I'm surprised she didn't smash him in his head.  What a creep.    Thanks for the info.  I'm wondering if she will be on the show.  Probably not.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Grandpa T-Rav took her shopping for “appropriate” Southern “attire,” or at the very least bankrolled her Charleston Barbie Dream Closet.

I can’t deny that Kathryn and Ashley both saw $$$ when it came to T-Rav. But even so, Kathryn came on the scene early in season 1 and was apparently well known in their social circles. She was also a “scion” as T-Rav is, so—as tenuous as ties to ACTUAL class may be—she was “appropriate” for him. Ashley saw the dude in a bar in LA after several seasons of the show and beckoned him over based on his fame. Or “fame.” She HAD to see $$$ plus reality show “stardom” because it’s not like she would’ve been drawn in by his impeccable character and reputation for being an upstanding gentleman by any definition most of us would use.

Maybe she liked his white jeans.

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

I wonder if Austen's new side chick is paying for his personal trainer and workouts.

It's funny because those pictures he showed of him and Victoria were pictures on HER Instragram. LOL.

15 hours ago, Mountainair said:

Thomas' new sidepiece couldn't have looked more like a hooch (imo) with those booty shorts for the party. She should have worn one of the dresses if she wanted to be Switzerland in the never ending Thomas/Kathryn drama. She's coming in with guns blazing! 

Isn't  sidepiece/side chick someone you are cheating with?  Thomas's broad is is girlfriend and it sounded like Austen wanted to DTR and Cheltsie didn't want to be exclusive.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

And not in a good way. If I remember correctly, her reputation was less than stellar from the start. 

My guess is that T-Rav found that really appealing: a young woman from a family with a name, who was also sketchy (but not as sketchy as him... T-Rav has standards!).

A better-behaved woman of his “class”—of the Cameran type, or of the type to not appear on this show AT ALL—wouldn’t go anywhere near him, I’m guessing. 

In the Media thread there’s a link to an interview with Whitney.  He speaks about the show and its cast as if they are the most classy, erudite bunch on TV. As I watched this episode, and as HunterHunted responded in that thread, these people really are no better than the people on Vanderpump Rules. They’re just as sketchy, if not more so, but still act as though their poop doesn’t stink, which is ridiculous. The only ones who haven’t completely ruined their reputations are Cameran and Patricia, and that’s because they hold back a lot of their real lives and they are playing “characters” in a way. The guys are bleh and they’ve been in the kiddie pool WAY too long. (Craig isn’t as gross as the rest of them, but he still needs to grow up.) And that Circle of Complaint featuring the women was just too much. Especially Naomie...

Anyway. I may skip next week to see if I feel like I’m missing anything other than annoyance with these people. At least the VPR crew can be funny.

Edited by ivygirl
“It’s” is not the same as “its,” autocorrect!
  • Love 9

Cameran and Shep’s affinity for fast food remains steadfast on this show.  Shep can be a dick, but I always enjoy his scenes with Cameran.  

I’m one of the few who actually likes Whitney and pretty much always have.  He’s odd, but I think he’s had a rather odd life.  He treats his mom well.  And like Shep, his interactions with Cameran are usually entertaining.  

I likd Chelsea, but could do without the rest of the ladies.  I cannot believe Austin was allowing her to pick up the check on dates.  Naomi and Dani are super tight with the Vanderpump Rules gals and that just raises all sorts of alarm bells in my brain.

• Love 9

So, was Elizabeth the rich girl and J.D. the bad boy living in the guest cottage, who charmed the rich girl, spent her money and now is back in the guest cottage? When will women learn that the bad boy is only good for a few rolls in the hay?!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Ok, gang, I need your help. What exactly was the headline that popped up when JD was talking about his business problems? It took me a few seconds to realize I was supposed to be reading my screen. Did it say something like he NEVER paid his mortgage on his restaurant? And Craig paid for the privilege of interning for this guy. Okay, okay, he was a “business partner” who wasn’t allowed to contribute to the business...because JD was such an incredible businessman, apparently? 

Here's the actual link to the Post & Courier article referenced in the episode:
Recently-evicted Gentry Bar & Room sued for $163,000 in unpaid rent

28 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Anyway. I may skip next week to see if I feel like I’m missing anything other than annoyance with these people. At least the VPR crew can be funny.

I wouldn't miss next week's episode for anything!
Here's why.  I didn't catch last night's episode live and decided to watch the re-broadcast at 11:30 EDT.  I had the television on in another room and walked through a few minutes before the show was scheduled to begin and caught a quick glimpse of a clip from next week's SC episode that Andy Cohen was running on Watch What Happens Live.  While I didn't see the entire clip, let me just say that the ladies were going to town on JD at Shep's party!  I think the one thing that actually may be genuine about this show is how much everyone loves Elizabeth.   I was just looking to see if the clip had surfaced online but I couldn't find anything yet.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I wouldn't miss next week's episode for anything!
Here's why.  I didn't catch last night's episode live and decided to watch the re-broadcast at 11:30 EDT.  I had the television on in another room and walked through a few minutes before the show was scheduled to begin and caught a quick glimpse of a clip from next week's SC episode that Andy Cohen was running on Watch What Happens Live.  While I didn't see the entire clip, let me just say that the ladies were going to town on JD at Shep's party!  I think the one thing that actually may be genuine about this show is how much everyone loves Elizabeth.   I was just looking to see if the clip had surfaced online but I couldn't find anything yet.  

Fair enough :) Elizabeth always seemed waaaaaaayy too normal to run with this crew!

• Love 1

I’m enjoying those four women together - with Charleston’s good-ol’-boys ganging up and grabbing the power, it’s high time women band together!

(And that goes for the whole country.)

• Love 15

Thomas is a perv.   Him ogling over the new GF's booty was gag worthy.

The sob sisters was a nice interlude between yelling.  At least they seemed to get along.

The guys at the bbq, just pathetic.  Why didn't Shep just have the party catered?  There are companies that would come and do the bbq for him.  And if you didn't know how to bbq, just look it up ahead of time?  Yes, they were drinking inside the butcher shop.  Craig was 100% re: the tongs and the raw chicken.  How do people not know at least about that?  Don't use the same implements that have touched raw meat (especially poultry) touch other food.  Sickness, possible death, it's a big deal.  But all they know is drinking.

JD, yes you are the wronged one.  Allegedly he was screwing around with other women, drinking, doing drugs, spending wife's money.  Not a big secret to the locals from what I've seen online.  My only surprise about it, why would the wife stay with him so long?  

No one on this show seems to work.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’m enjoying those four women together - with Charleston’s good-ol’-boys ganging up and grabbing the power, it’s high time women band together!

(And that goes for the whole country.)

One nice surprise about the last two seasons was that how the show has evolved from being a sausage-fest. I mean, it still celebrates being a sausage-fest. But compared to where the women were in S1 to now, even giving minor casts significant airtime - it has come quite a long way. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Wait, you let greasy ol’ Shep on your bed but not cute little Elvis?! Get your priorities straight, Cam!

Greasy Shep and nasty Chick-Fil-A are allowed on her bed but not a cute little doggie?  Begone, woman!

• Love 10
(edited)

Ok, I'm not doing any research and maybe this is a fever dream, but when they were in Florida last season, didn't Thomas and Kathryn  have an argument about the nanny and that her daughter was watching the kids and there was a rumor that Thomas was sleeping with the daughter? Was that the same nanny? It sounds like this nanny was trying to find a way into Thomas' family. Yuck. And also, I love that this show is back! Bravo needs to separate RHONY and SC because they are both powerhouses and they air in the same week! Woo!

Edited by Swellcatt
missing words! d'oh!
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Greasy Shep and nasty Chick-Fil-A are allowed on her bed but not a cute little doggie?  Begone, woman!

She needs to set all the boundaries she can! It's not even their dog and Jason has commissioned paintings of him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She needs to set all the boundaries she can! It's not even there dog and Jason has commissioned paintings of him.

When it comes to animals, even ones that aren't mine, I have no boundaries.

Unlike a drunkShep, who, I was deeelighted to learn, made skanky Kathryn shower before being allowed in his bed.  She claims it was because of her spray tan; I suspect otherwise.  ;-)

• Love 10

I do not trust Katherine. She still acts impaired frequently and that large bruised area on her arm looked similar to cellulitis from IV drug abuse. I really hope I am wrong. There was an area on her wrist that apparently did not absorb the gallons of self tanner she uses, and it looked like scar tissue. Has she attempted suicide in the past? I hope she can get herself straightened out, at least for her kids sake. 

Naomie looks like she had some work done ??! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

While I didn't see the entire clip, let me just say that the ladies were going to town on JD at Shep's party!  I think the one thing that actually may be genuine about this show is how much everyone loves Elizabeth.   I was just looking to see if the clip had surfaced online but I couldn't find anything yet.  

Here you go:

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

I know! He said, "That's what I'm watching on PBS!" Then hugged the book. Hahaha...so cute.

I've always loved getting a book.  They make me feel warm & fuzzy inside.  Crazy, I know.   BTW, Patricia's book was very interesting.  She's very accomplished and always married well.

Now that the girls have bonded and have all the guys pegged, how will they get along with them from now on?  Things will take a new direction.  Interesting.

• Love 4