Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Break Up Bunch Part 1

• Start Topic

FTR - I thought Naomi was an attractive girl before her rhinoplasty, and I think she is an attractive girl after.  If she is happier with the new image in the mirror, then I guess that is the important thing.

Look at me being all supportive.  ?

• Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I need to see a few more pics with the new nose before deciding if I like it, but so far haven’t found other pics - hoping it doesn’t turn out like J Grey or R Zellweger.

There are more pics of her with her new nose on her instagram. It honestly doesn't look that different to me. It looks more noticeably different in that pic because it's more of a profile shot when the before pic is head on.

7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

FTR - I thought Naomi was an attractive girl before her rhinoplasty, and I think she is an attractive girl after.  If she is happier with the new image in the mirror, then I guess that is the important thing.

This.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

IMO, Naomi's old nose was distracting.  She had a potato-spread nose.  Now, it's feminine and softer, without looking like a "job".  Her PS did a good job.

FTR, I had a nose job in my 20's, and I'm so glad I did it.  So I do get where she's coming from.

Now, on to these party-beer-grown-ass-unemployed frat boys....even the ones with money (I'm looking at you, Shep/T-Rav)....does even one of them do anything remotely philanthropic?  Not talking about donating money at a black tie Gala, but volunteering at a soup kitchen, chartering a plane to Puerto Rico post-Hurricane, anything?  Or is beer pong their only talent?

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

IMO, Naomi's old nose was distracting.  She had a potato-spread nose.  Now, it's feminine and softer, without looking like a "job".  Her PS did a good job.

FTR, I had a nose job in my 20's, and I'm so glad I did it.  So I do get where she's coming from.

Now, on to these party-beer-grown-ass-unemployed frat boys....even the ones with money (I'm looking at you, Shep/T-Rav)....does even one of them do anything remotely philanthropic?  Not talking about donating money at a black tie Gala, but volunteering at a soup kitchen, chartering a plane to Puerto Rico post-Hurricane, anything?  Or is beer pong their only talent?

If they're donating money at a black tie gala, they're doing something philanthropic.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Sterling said:

From following their Twitter feeds, I think Craig goes to Haiti doing volunteer work, and Shep seems to participate in various causes. I’d say they all do, and while Whitney may be the one giving sizeable checks at black-tie events, it’s still giving. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

From following their Twitter feeds, I think Craig goes to Haiti doing volunteer work, and Shep seems to participate in various causes. I’d say they all do, and while Whitney may be the one giving sizeable checks at black-tie events, it’s still giving. 

I guess Bravo chooses not to air that stuff, so my bad.  And I don't follow any of them on Twitter, so I didn't know that.  Guess it wouldn't make for as good of t.v. as day drinking, chick-swapping, 2 pm wakeups.  :)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

It think her nose is too short for her face. now.

I'll reserve judgment, until I see more of Naomi, but, from that photo, it does appear that her nose is rather short for her face.  Based on her previous nose, I would think that a more narrow nose, but, not shorter, would work.  Oh well, I'm no expert.  lol  She is attractive, but, her nose did used to distract me.  It wasn't unattractive to me, but, got my attention.  So, I get why she did it.  She reminds me of Amanda on Summer House.  Her nose works for her face, imo.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/summer-house-kyle-cooke-amanda-batula-relationship-update

Edited by SunnyBeBe
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

It think her nose is too short for her face. now.

I totally agree; it also, to me, somehow makes her eyes look very wide apart. She's a pretty woman, but I think she was much prettier before surgery.

• Love 2

I agree with some about what we are seeing with Kathryn.  I envision her having a career similar to Amber Portwood of Teen Mom.  She gave birth as a teen in 2008 on reality tv.  It's been her mainstay since. She lost custody of her daughter, struggled with substance abuse and mental illness, bounced from one tumultuous relationship to another,  relied on reality tv as her income, which involves lots of lounging around the couch and whining about how the dad isn't worth a flip and men treat her poorly, talking about how her child is the most important thing in this world to her, yet choosing prison rather than complete her probation......AND she's still going strong while PREGNANT again in a rocky on again/off again relationship.  I envision the same fate for Kathryn.(Yes, I know that she says she's improving and is staying clean, completing her goals pursuant to a contract and drug screens. We'll see. ) But, I don't think Kathryn sees that kind of thing as sad or distasteful. 

• Love 5

Excited for tonight's show, I will be wearing my silk short shorts and matching silk camisole with 5 inch heels sipping Rose waiting for the verbal beat down Catherine gives

whats her face.

So I take it the Porsche Craig was driving around last year in was Naomi's ? 

When the 1st season aired, I have to be honest, I thought there was something kinda sexy about T-Rav ( ducking ) Now he looks like hell and probably smells of cheap bourbon & menthos.   

• Love 14
On 4/9/2018 at 12:11 PM, nexxie said:

I need to see a few more pics with the new nose before deciding if I like it, but so far haven’t found other pics - hoping it doesn’t turn out like J Grey or R Zellweger.

The photo of Naomie post nose job is one of those that are tweeked with an app.  A lot of celebrities do them with a little animal nose.  I have never thought Naomie to be attractive and but for moving Craig into her family home she would have never been even a blip on the radar of Southern Charm casting.  She contacted Craig and made the overture.  Craig sees through her.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bref said:

Hey, I missed Shep's explanation of what became of his "relationship" with that girl from NY, was it? Anyone want to recap it for me?

It was along the lines of—I went and visited her in NYC and she didnt make an effort to hang out with me. Like, they hung out two of five or seven days, or something. 

• Love 3
On 4/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, peachmangosteen said:

There are more pics of her with her new nose on her instagram. It honestly doesn't look that different to me. It looks more noticeably different in that pic because it's more of a profile shot when the before pic is head on.

This.

So I wanted to see a pic of her new schnoz and I started typing her name into the Google and yes I got to Naomi and the rest "from Southern Charm new nose" was autofilled in.  Guess many of us want to see her new nose!  It made me laugh.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ve always had a soft spot for Kathryn but every time I see those kids, especially Saint, who appears to me to have features of FAS, it hardens. 

I have been wondering about that.  I didn't want to ask but since you mentioned it...

• Love 3

Holy fuck (excuse the language). First time poster. I watch this show off and on  (missed last season). 

Just found out one of my closest friends fucked (again language) Thomas Ravenel in DC for about three months in 1999/2000. Met through mutual Republicans friends and both liked to get drunk and high (throwing no shade). She was about 24 and he was about 40. She says he was really hot and charming. She was a staffer for years for some high profile Congressmen (now lobbyist). From what I got - his Dad was a Congressman and T Rav was good at fundraising and somehow Giuliani was involved? (we were drinking and smoking some legally procured DC weed).

She actually did coke with him (not my thing or hers) and got a little paranoid when he got arrested (years later).

I’ve known her for 12 years - and we’re both Bravo whores - so flabbergasted I just learned this. Felt the need to share.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

Why did she leave? I haven’t read. I’m so glad she’s gone though it would’ve been fun to see her super jealous over Nurse Ratchett.

..in an odd twist, Ashley and Landon have become pals:

From the article posted on the Bravo page,:

"...As Ashley gets to know Thomas' inner circle, she's gotten close to one friend in particular: Southern Charm alum  Landon Clements. Ashley thinks that she and Landon could even be twins, and we'd have to agree! ..."

I never really thought that Landon and Thomas were anything more than a producer's plot invention.  It could explain Landon's relief...I mean...Landon's graciousness....regarding Thomas's new skank...I mean...Thomas's new lady love....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Holy fuck (excuse the language). First time poster. I watch this show off and on  (missed last season). 

Just found out one of my closest friends fucked (again language) Thomas Ravenel in DC for about three months in 1999/2000. Met through mutual Republicans friends and both liked to get drunk and high (throwing no shade). She was about 24 and he was about 40. She says he was really hot and charming. She was a staffer for years for some high profile Congressmen (now lobbyist). From what I got - his Dad was a Congressman and T Rav was good at fundraising and somehow Giuliani was involved? (we were drinking and smoking some legally procured DC weed).

She actually did coke with him (not my thing or hers) and got a little paranoid when he got arrested (years later).

I’ve known her for 12 years - and we’re both Bravo whores - so flabbergasted I just learned this. Felt the need to share.

This post is sorta like a Yelp review.

• Love 7
On 13/04/2018 at 8:38 PM, OldButHappy said:

..in an odd twist, Ashley and Landon have become pals:

From the article posted on the Bravo page,:

"...As Ashley gets to know Thomas' inner circle, she's gotten close to one friend in particular: Southern Charm alum  Landon Clements. Ashley thinks that she and Landon could even be twins, and we'd have to agree! ..."

I never really thought that Landon and Thomas were anything more than a producer's plot invention.  It could explain Landon's relief...I mean...Landon's graciousness....regarding Thomas's new skank...I mean...Thomas's new lady love....

Okay so I’m back to being glad she’s gone because r wouldn’t have given me anything to be able to endure her.

i went back and forth on her thoughts. I don’t think she’d have turned him down- All her stupid giggles around him and feigning embarrassment when people told them they’d be good together- seemed like she wasn’t in love but was definitely dtf.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

This post is sorta like a Yelp review.

Ha! It kinda is!

She was living in the basement garden apartment of my future husband’s house at the time (we live on Capitol Hill and she’s a college roommate of my SIL) and apparently sometimes the shenanigans went on there when they were too drunk (or whatever) to get back to the Four Seasons in Georgetown (where he stayed when in town).

We still own that house! We rent the basement unit and main VRBO and I’d like a way to figure out how to get it into the ad. Southern Charm fans come one and all!

Unfortunately my husband says no. But says at least now he has some Bravo street cred (his job at the time was almost 100% travel - so had no clue).

Of course being T Rav - I’m sure many homes have a similar “claim to fame”...

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Ha! It kinda is!

She was living in the basement garden apartment of my future husband’s house at the time (we live on Capitol Hill and she’s a college roommate of my SIL) and apparently sometimes the shenanigans went on there when they were too drunk (or whatever) to get back to the Four Seasons in Georgetown (where he stayed when in town).

We still own that house! We rent the basement unit and main VRBO and I’d like a way to figure out how to get it into the ad. Southern Charm fans come one and all!

Unfortunately my husband says no. But says at least now he has some Bravo street cred (his job at the time was almost 100% travel - so had no clue).

Of course being T Rav - I’m sure many homes have a similar “claim to fame”...

Ad Copy

"STD CokeDen Basement for  Skeevy Hookups with Losers in White Jeans. Dont Miss this opportunity to visit a haven for smarmy Lost Boys that need a 12 step Program and a Roundhouse Kick to the Face!  " Hazmat suit not included"

• Love 4

Hope this is the place to post this but I’m watching the birthday dinner for Shep right now. What the hell is Naomi doing attacking JD? I call bullshit that she has to “literally” go over to Liz’s house every morning to pull her out of bed. Liz has four children to get up, feed, take to school, etc. What is happening between Liz and JD is none of HER DAMN BUSINESS. I thought JD handled that very well. He may well be a serious asshole but he behaved much better in that scenario than Naomi did. She just needs to shut up and mind her own life. That was not the place to attack him and make accusations without any proof. It was Shep’s birthday party. 

• Love 3
On 4/6/2018 at 6:04 AM, For Cereals said:

When is Craig going to admit that he’s not really sewing.  He’s buying pre-made stuff and using the embroidery setting on his machine and not well.

I am glad someone else pointed this out.

Are we not getting the opening credits anymore?

• Love 1
On 4/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, wallofsound said:

Naomi definitely had a big nose, but she was a really beautiful, striking girl.    Her new nose is so generic and completely brings her look down.   She had an interesting look before and now it’s gone.  She could literally be anybody ... you could tell me a pic of her was Aubrey O’Day and I’d believe you  

While Naomie has come out and explained it is something she wanted to do for herself I find nose jobs a little unfair. You aren't being honest about your genetic traits with your future partner.  So you have a child together and the child has a large nose and doesn't match anyone else???   She was pretty before.  It's a silly comment about looks but what better place to make them.

• Love 1