Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Break Up Bunch Part 1

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I used to get bruises as bad as she had whenever I had blood drawn.  I have tiny veins that roll away from the needle and low blood pressure so they'd have to poke a bunch of times.  It also didn't help that I'd do stupid shit like lifting heavy things after, just like they tell you not to do.  On top of that I bruise easily in general.  Now I know better and ask for a pediatric butterfly needle in the hand and there's only one nurse at the dr's office that I'll let stick me because she can get me on the first try.   I still usually get a bruise but it is much smaller and on my hand, so isn't as crazy looking.

I've had some mean bruises from blood being drawn, but I've never seen an arm like Katherine's.  Her weird looking bruises were going down her whole arm .. What the hell?  Thomas and Katherine both are disgusting with their drinking and drugging.  Him getting the kids doesn't seem good also.  The nannies probably do everything.  I'm wondering if Katherine's parents have any input concerning the kids?  I hope they are concerned .. And T-Ravs Father?  All this isn't just drama for t.v. .. It's real life.

A follicle test would be more telling and less invasive. A blood test is only good for a short period of time. Urine metabolites are detected much longer than blood values. Follicle tests even longer. She must be on a blood thinner to bleed like that. The whole thing makes no sense. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

I thought Naomie was very cute before, in part because of her nose. She was kind of different looking. I think her nose gave her character. Now she looks like a Barbie doll.

I agree.  She was strikingly pretty before; now she is generically, blandly pretty.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Good link.

Well @Swellcatt I did research and found tons of hits on your theory and your theory is correct.  I can't believe it.  Neither Thomas nor the nanny dispute the fact that Thomas was screwing her teen daughter and gave her alcohol.  Was it this nanny that told Thomas to keep the kids in the guest house?  See this link for the best info I could find and be sure to watch the video another Charleston resident posted.

Thomas may have disputed it in court-where it counts.  The video doesn't show the underage daughter drinking-just Thomas and Diedre.  Having sex with Thomas does not necessarily mean one is incompetent in watching or rearing a child. Kathryn might want to rethink her position.   Thomas stayed in the guest house with the children.   The nannies weren't overnight and Thomas' home which he lived in did not seem kid friendly.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/thomas-ravenel-why-children-live-in-guesthouse-explained  Kathryn had the children the daughter for several months and denied Thomas any contact. 

Due to South Carolina law, Thomas has had to wage an uphill battle to be anything put a source of revenue for his children's mother.  Kathryn needs to take this time she is being well paid for Southern Charm and finish her degree or follow in Chelsea's footsteps and become a cosmetologist.   Kathryn has way too much time on her hands to sit and wonder who Thomas is involved with-it is a pipe dream that she needs to know as she is incapable of civil conversation.  I don't see Kathryn as terribly interested in her children as she is too consumed with herself.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Craig, you still bummed that gig with Gentry didn’t work out?

I’m so curious if he ever got that money back when he wrote that check out to JD as an “investment” in the Gentry business. I’m guessing that’s a big NOPE if JD couldn’t even be bothered to pay rent for his restaurant! What a waste; I’m no Craig fan, but it still sucks that he got swindled by that shyster.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Thomas may have disputed it in court-where it counts.  The video doesn't show the underage daughter drinking-just Thomas and Diedre.  Having sex with Thomas does not necessarily mean one is incompetent in watching or rearing a child. Kathryn might want to rethink her position.   Thomas stayed in the guest house with the children.   The nannies weren't overnight and Thomas' home which he lived in did not seem kid friendly.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/thomas-ravenel-why-children-live-in-guesthouse-explained  Kathryn had the children the daughter for several months and denied Thomas any contact. 

Due to South Carolina law, Thomas has had to wage an uphill battle to be anything put a source of revenue for his children's mother.  Kathryn needs to take this time she is being well paid for Southern Charm and finish her degree or follow in Chelsea's footsteps and become a cosmetologist.   Kathryn has way too much time on her hands to sit and wonder who Thomas is involved with-it is a pipe dream that she needs to know as she is incapable of civil conversation.  I don't see Kathryn as terribly interested in her children as she is too consumed with herself.

I would argue that sleeping with Trav does mean you're incompetent, just not legally so.

• Love 9

@zoeysmom - I wouldn't call that article a good representative of why the children lived in the guest house.  Bravotv and Andy Cohen like to peddle trash.  I think those kids have 2 unstable parents.  The reason Thomas hired/picked up the new girl is to rib Kathryn which goes to show he is still into her but is still an asshole.  He is creepy as hell.  For gosh sake he was in prison so not the upstanding person he pretends to be.  Everyone wonders why this old man is hanging with his buddy JD and these younger people and I think it's because he is still peddling his wares.  Anyone who has been to college or when young was into the party scene knows there is always a creepy old dude around to supply the goods.  Their mom is a mess but at least is honest about her problems and is working towards bettering herself. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm copying from another poster:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

Ok.  I admit it.  I always kind of like JD.  I think it was because it seemed that he and Elizabeth had a solid relationship.  Now I get it.  I always liked Elizabeth and because of that, I gave JD the benefit of the doubt.   Team Elizabeth all the the way.

WOW!  Thank you!  What a scuz.  Yeah, team Elizabeth!

• Love 3

Naomie is “dehydrated”, lol. She dated Craig only to get on the show and now she is really making herself a main character. Calling out JD, just too much somehow. She’s so aggressive.  

I’m very glad we know the truth about JD’s skeevy ways but...I wonder how Elizabeth feels about all of their dirty laundry spilled like that. And then Chelsea jumping in too. These two new cast members are awfully full of themselves. 

Landon could be annoying but I didn’t mind her and wish she was still in the mix. Wish there was more Whitney too. 

Shep is a playboy but at least he’s fun and intelligent. Craig has no sense of humor, whines, seems sedated, meddles,- he’s just so meh. 

Elizabeth and JD seemed so precious with their four dapper children and “Carolina Day”, etc...what a shame. JD’s just another douche masquerading as a family man. 

• Love 13

Dollars to donuts that Kathryn exposed her bruised arm to garner sympathy.

I suspect Elizabeth is not happy that the sob sisters are using her misery for tv time. She filed "quietly" for divorce for a reason.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Kathryn’s skin looked really bad.  And when she was talking to Danni in her apartment she had a horrendous foundation line.  Ugh.

Whitney in red Adidas track suit.  HAH!!!

Shep’s reaction to getting that book and proudly proclaiming he’d been watching that on PBS - this is why I can’t quit that loser.

I think Shep is smart and could make a good conversationalist.  He can be charming.  He just parties too much and looks like he would smell like dirty hair.

• Love 16
(edited)
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So, I was wondering who was paying for Katherine's apartment, clothes, hairdos and everything else for herself.  I guess from your post, Thomas is.  Not bad.  i wonder how JD is going to support his family now.  Does he even have a job now?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So, I was wondering who was paying for Katherine's apartment, clothes, hairdos and everything else for herself.

I don't think Thomas has any responsibility or requirement to pay for any of that.  She was not his wife, so no.  He had been paying rent for her...last season?  But I think that was only temporary and entirely his choice.  Right now, she has Southern Charm income, but otherwise, if she's getting any money from Thomas that isn't for the kids, Thomas is choosing to do that voluntarily and not because he has a legal obligation.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So, I was wondering who was paying for Katherine's apartment, clothes, hairdos and everything else for herself.  I guess from your post, Thomas is.  Not bad.  i wonder how JD is going to support his family now.  Does he even have a job now?

They all earn good money from the show, which is why most of them aren't working.

I had a similar bruise to Kathryn once back in college when we used to sell our plasma for money and a cheaper beer buzz.  The phlebotomist explained that the needle slipped out of the vein and the blood ran back in & pooled underneath the skin.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 6
(edited)

An interesting paragraph from this link:  why-is-the-nanny-getting-sacked-by-thomas-ravenel-and-kathryn-dennis-in-the-southern-charm-custody-case  (July 2017)

Makes the bruised arm/blood draw story even more of a hmm...

In the recently signed parenting agreement between Southern Charm couple Kathryn Dennis and Thomas Ravenel it is confirmed that the drug test, a Kathryn Dennis clean hair follicle test from April (hair tests are often considered the best sign that someone has been clean for months) would be the benchmark for the agreement, and would lead to Ravenel phasing out nanny Deirdre and her daughter Paige from the lives of Thomas, Kensie and Saint Ravenel. The agreement makes it clear that after phase one, the Politellis are gone.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's likely she's subjected to both.  Hair follicle tests show the last 90 days while random blood tests show what's in your system the last 6-48 hours.  

Limitations of hair follicle tests from https://addictionresource.com/drug-testing/hair-drug-tests/

It takes almost 5 to 10 days after the last intake for the drugs to grow above the scalp and into your hair and stay there for up to 90 days. So, any specimens that are collected outside this detection window might not appear in the hair test. 

It makes sense that the court required her to show she'd been clean for a longer period of time in order to move on to phase 2.  However, Thomas retains the right to order random blood tests whenever he wants to. 

Article on where custody stands today 

Edited by snarts
added new article
  • Love 4
(edited)

It really is an incredible amount of scrutiny for what I thought was one dirty drug test?  Plus with TRav's drug dealing background, the irony is ironic.  I suppose he never inhaled.

Note - don't get me wrong, I don't think that substance abusing parents should get a pass, it just seems like she is really being made to jump through hoops, whereas his documented, filmed, alcohol abuse misuse is basically ignored.  ymmv

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Do we know if Saint has FAS? His eyes have me concerned about this. 

Old article on FAS and Kathryn: http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/05/kathryn-calhoun-dennis-situation-is-dire-thomas-ravenel-admits-he-bought-her-an-engagement-ring/

My guess if the show was cancelled Kathryn would be back to hitting Thomas up for custody and child support.

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It really is an incredible amount of scrutiny for what I thought was one dirty drug test?  Plus with TRav's drug dealing background, the irony is ironic.  I suppose he never inhaled.

Note - don't get me wrong, I don't think that substance abusing parents should get a pass, it just seems like she is really being made to jump through hoops, whereas his documented, filmed, alcohol abuse misuse is basically ignored.  ymmv

The dirty drug test has more relevance when it is done shortly after the child's birth and there are signsof FAS.   Kathry was in a bad way.  ANd she is very young and stubborn.

• Love 3

Boy.  The men of Southern Charm came off as loosery to me.  Kinda sad to watch, actually.

The women did too a bit, but I liked how they had a good night of female bonding and supporting each other.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jumper sage said:

@zoeysmom - I wouldn't call that article a good representative of why the children lived in the guest house.  Bravotv and Andy Cohen like to peddle trash.  I think those kids have 2 unstable parents.  The reason Thomas hired/picked up the new girl is to rib Kathryn which goes to show he is still into her but is still an asshole.  He is creepy as hell.  For gosh sake he was in prison so not the upstanding person he pretends to be.  Everyone wonders why this old man is hanging with his buddy JD and these younger people and I think it's because he is still peddling his wares.  Anyone who has been to college or when young was into the party scene knows there is always a creepy old dude around to supply the goods.  Their mom is a mess but at least is honest about her problems and is working towards bettering herself. 

I didn't write the article-Thomas obviously felt as if the explanation didn't suffice.  I find Thomas to be stable in some areas of his life and he has provided his children with the creature comforts in life and consistency.  I cannot say the same for Kathryn.  Just for the record, Thomas was not selling cocaine, he was convicted of furnishing-meaning he had cocaine at the numerous parties at his home.  Where I find Thomas unstable, and I don't know if it is true, is that after he and Kathryn have gone at each others' throats they wind up back in the sack together. Of course the immature behavior on social media doesn't help.

I don't know that Kathryn's mental illnesses will ever fully allow her to better herself.  I am thinking making six figures as a reality whack job is as good as it gets for Kathryn.  It is not just an appalling lack of manners on Kathryn's part but the inability to let go of the notion she and Thomas have some sort of nuclear family.  For about a nanosecond she gave it try but Charleston and party life was more important.  At this point in her life and recovery she should not be concerning herself with Thomas and his love life.  I understand they have children together but after four years Kathryn still doesn't understand she has no right  to dictate, suggest or confront Thomas about his choices.    I see no forward progress from Kathryn in the Thomas department.  He really doesn't have to run his love interests through Kathryn.  I believe the custody agreement provides for a three month period before a significant other can watch the children.  This party is a perfect example of Kathryn continuing to over compesate.  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, snarts said:

It's likely she's subjected to both.  Hair follicle tests show the last 90 days while random blood tests show what's in your system the last 6-48 hours.  

Limitations of hair follicle tests from https://addictionresource.com/drug-testing/hair-drug-tests/

It takes almost 5 to 10 days after the last intake for the drugs to grow above the scalp and into your hair and stay there for up to 90 days. So, any specimens that are collected outside this detection window might not appear in the hair test. 

It makes sense that the court required her to show she'd been clean for a longer period of time in order to move on to phase 2.  However, Thomas retains the right to order random blood tests whenever he wants to. 

Article on where custody stands today 

Yes, but urine would show that as well. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m so curious if he ever got that money back when he wrote that check out to JD as an “investment” in the Gentry business. I’m guessing that’s a big NOPE if JD couldn’t even be bothered to pay rent for his restaurant! What a waste; I’m no Craig fan, but it still sucks that he got swindled by that shyster.

SUN-BUN, I was curious about that too; TamaraTattles said there was no money exchanged whatsoever & the "investment" talk was strictly for show. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Yes, but urine would show that as well. 

I get that, but the terms of their deal called for blood not urine tests.  Thomas showing off his power & means, I'm guessing

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't know that Kathryn's mental illnesses will ever fully allow her to better herself. 

While I would agree that Kathryn appears to have issues, I can't diagnose them as I'm unqualified to do so.  I also believe that TRav is unbalanced.  The brief interaction that was filmed with his father was rather illuminating imo.

One of Kathryn's biggest problems is chronological.  She got knocked up at 20 or 21 years old by a moneyed narcissist.  She's now 24 or 25, with a maturity that hasn't reached even that age.  She was playing socialite (there's that word again) housewife at the age of 22, without benefit of being either.  Add alcohol or whatever drug she was abusing, and there was zero chance of maturation.

Her best if not only chance of normalcy will never be found in Charleston or with this television program.  If her family has any influence with her, they should be doing anything they can to get her away from there.  We know that Bravo and Andy Cohen will do their yeoman's best to keep her in the ring with the mud.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, snarts said:

I get that, but the terms of their deal called for blood not urine tests.  Thomas showing off his power & means, I'm guessing

Seems to me that is unusual punishment when less invasive testing would be adequate. I suppose that's an example of government making poor medical decisions.

• Love 3

I have tiny veins and fair skin. Any blood draw leaves my arm looking like K's or worse. It's not a bruise from impact where your muscle hurts, it's just blood leaked from the vein pooling under the skin. On me, it doesn't hurt at all, just looks very bad for a week. 

• Love 6

Does Craig only have one font size on his sewing machine?   Whether he is embroidering a tiny onesie or a giant apron, all the lettering appears to be the same size.   

Naomi definitely had a big nose, but she was a really beautiful, striking girl.    Her new nose is so generic and completely brings her look down.   She had an interesting look before and now it’s gone.  She could literally be anybody ... you could tell me a pic of her was Aubrey O’Day and I’d believe you    

JD ... everything I’ve ever suspected of him has come to light.   What a complete a total pig.   Him and Thomas are just absolutely grotesque to me    

I wouldn’t last five minutes down south if the expectation is to model outfits for your letch of a boyfriend and ask for his direction/approval before getting dressed.   

• Love 19
On 4/6/2018 at 5:35 AM, TeeMo said:

Was showing up on his own birthday with an extra large Chik-Fil-A meal for nearly 9 months pregnant Cam the most thoughtful thing we’ve ever seen Shep do for a woman? I think it might be.

I thought it strange that a grown man would enter a married woman's bedroom with food for her and him and proceed to eat said food  on her bed .  Just where is Cameron's husband? These people are strange.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

I thought it strange that a grown man would enter a married woman's bedroom with food for her and him and proceed to eat said food  on her bed .  Just where is Cameron's husband? These people are strange.

People are different, I think it's strange to find thst odd even if there wasn't a camera crew. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

I thought it strange that a grown man would enter a married woman's bedroom with food for her and him and proceed to eat said food  on her bed .  Just where is Cameron's husband? These people are strange Bravolebrities.

FTFY

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Naomie’s spacing of her eyes looks off now. It doesn’t fit well with her nose. A nose job shouldn’t make you unrecognizable a la Jennifer Grey. 

I agree.  If I saw Naomie in the street, I wouldn't recognize her.  Different person altogether.

• Love 6
On 4/6/2018 at 9:40 AM, CatMomma said:

So much this! I know Kathryn is unstable,  but Thomas just loves to poke the beast.  The man is over 50, yet he is just as immature and nutty as Kathryn.  Cannot stand him. I think he enjoys gaslighting Kathryn, which tells me what a disgusting person he really is. 

Thomas' gaslighting behavior is all part of his Narcissistic personality.  

Narcissists "have to" have fuel supplies, and inciting the drama between Kathryn and Ashley tops off his fuel tank.  

Ashley modeling her outfits for his approval, and then her allowing him to choose the teensy shorts, also gave him fuel and power.

Mr. T. Rav will be that 85 year-old guy in the nursing home getting two "younger" 75 year-olds to fight over who gets to clean his dentures.

• Love 17
On 4/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, Emmeline said:

Kathryn Dennis is a pretty girl but she has the worst fashion sense.  Her shorter hair is cute but that blonde isn’t the best on her in my opinion.

aww I love her hair!  I would love to do  color like that but it'd probably turn out really super shitty on me. 

On 4/6/2018 at 2:20 AM, biakbiak said:

The exterior they showed of Naomi's house isn't her house, you can even tell when Chelsea knocks on the door. Her actual house is much cuter.

It looked like the same house that her and craig lived in? 

On 4/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, hoosier80 said:

How do people not know at least about that?  Don't use the same implements that have touched raw meat (especially poultry) touch other food.  Sickness, possible death, it's a big deal.  But all they know is drinking.

Eh,, it can happen if you're just not thinking.  I about had a waitress at Melting Pot go nuts on me because we had one central plate of the entree meats (raw) so without thinking I took some and put them on my clean plate that was suppose to be used for the cooked meats.  I just wanted to make sure the meats got split appropriately ;) 

But now I know and won't do it again lol 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, breezy424 said:

I'm copying from another poster:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

Ok.  I admit it.  I always kind of like JD.  I think it was because it seemed that he and Elizabeth had a solid relationship.  Now I get it.  I always liked Elizabeth and because of that, I gave JD the benefit of the doubt.   Team Elizabeth all the the way.

I've liked him too..... but honestly this whole thing isn't real surprising since he was good friends with Thomas.  Birds of a feather flock together and all that jazz.... 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, jumper sage said:

Good link.

Well @Swellcatt I did research and found tons of hits on your theory and your theory is correct.  I can't believe it.  Neither Thomas nor the nanny dispute the fact that Thomas was screwing her teen daughter and gave her alcohol.  Was it this nanny that told Thomas to keep the kids in the guest house?  See this link for the best info I could find and be sure to watch the video another Charleston resident posted.

Thanks for your research. What a disgusting monster Thomas is. 

• Love 2

I see no forward progress from Kathryn in the Thomas department. 

I liked your whole post but specifically agree with the above comment.  Why is no one telling this girl to move on!  Her biggest weapon could always have been acting like she didn't care what happened to old T-Rav (probably would have had him eating out of her hand back in the day).  Instead, she continues to take the victim harpy route.  Besides her last name, Kathryn never had anything going for her beyond her beautiful looks.  I thought she may still snag a rich one at a young age, but this new look isn't going to lend itself to the kind of man she'd want to land.  I think the future holds more babies by a variety of men, and no marriage certificate to speak of.  No judgment, that's just obviously not what she's desired.   

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kiki620 said:

I liked your whole post but specifically agree with the above comment.  Why is no one telling this girl to move on! 

Because she has her sights set on his money and no one and nothing is going to turn her away from it.  Frankly, she has nothing better going on than Thomas, and that's pathetic, but she has zero interest in doing anything on her own.  She wants that payday, come hell or high water.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 6:24 PM, ivygirl said:

And then implying that the “door is ajar” with Cheltsie? You don’t get to pick and choose when Cheltsie is “your option.” 

Translation: "The new season of Southern Charm is filming soon so I had to end things with Victoria because my on and off, are they or are they not storyline with Cheltsie is the only thing keeping me on this show. Otherwise, I'm just your ordinary, drunk, unemployed, Charleston frat boy with a Muppet Mouth (TM Reddit) who tails Shep everyday because who else is going to pay for my beers."

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

naomi.jpg

I need to see a few more pics with the new nose before deciding if I like it, but so far haven’t found other pics - hoping it doesn’t turn out like J Grey or R Zellweger.

• Love 2

Well I liked Jennifer Gray after her nose job.

She was on some short-lived ABC sitcom about 10 years ago.  Not only did she look great, she just a sexy presence.  Maybe the nose job gave her some confidence.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Well I liked Jennifer Gray after her nose job.

She was on some short-lived ABC sitcom about 10 years ago.  Not only did she look great, she just a sexy presence.  Maybe the nose job gave her some confidence.

It wasn’t how she actually looked, but what it did to her career because she was no longer recognizable as the person who was famous.

• Love 4