Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Break Up Bunch Part 1

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I do not trust Katherine. She still acts impaired frequently and that large bruised area on her arm looked similar to cellulitis from IV drug abuse. I really hope I am wrong.

I thought the exact same thing. I thought I could see track marks in the bruising. What a sad state of affairs.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Swellcatt said:

Ok, I'm not doing any research and maybe this is a fever dream, but when they were in Florida last season, didn't Thomas and Kathryn  have an argument about the nanny and that her daughter was watching the kids and there was a rumor that Thomas was sleeping with the daughter? Was that the same nanny? It sounds like this nanny was trying to find a way into Thomas' family. Yuck. And also, I love that this show is back! Bravo needs to separate RHONY and SC because they are both powerhouses and they air in the same week! Woo!

Housewives on Wednesday, Southern Charm on Thursday and now Southern Charm New Orleans on Sunday's.  I'll be blogging my eyeballs out !   That's here in N.Y.  Might be different elsewhere.  I don't know.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I do not trust Katherine. She still acts impaired frequently and that large bruised area on her arm looked similar to cellulitis from IV drug abuse. I really hope I am wrong. There was an area on her wrist that apparently did not absorb the gallons of self tanner she uses, and it looked like scar tissue. Has she attempted suicide in the past? I hope she can get herself straightened out, at least for her kids sake. 

Naomie looks like she had some work done ??! 

I hope she’s doing well, but it must’ve been bad for the court to give Thomas custody with his prison/drug history.

Naomie’s nose job was done recently - wasn’t filming before that?

• Love 4

I really like 1 of the Gang of Four - Chelsea. Naomie amuses me, especially when she talks smack about Craig in French. While I love to see women being supportive of each other, I’m not buying the Gang of Four as genuine. I would be far less suspicious of this group if Danni and Naomie hadn’t sought out the company of the biggest attention whores from Pump Rules in real life. 

Did anyone notice how fresh and pretty Chelsea, Naomie, and Danni looked compared to Kathryn’s krazy klown makeup? Kathryn is a beautiful young woman but holy hell! Did Kensie do her makeup?

• Love 5

Whitney’s face in that clip is definitely of the “ouch, got his number” variety than of the “That’s some BS” variety. I’m sure Whitney knows the real scoop.

Craig, you still bummed that gig with Gentry didn’t work out?

• Love 5
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I do not trust Katherine. She still acts impaired frequently and that large bruised area on her arm looked similar to cellulitis from IV drug abuse. I really hope I am wrong. There was an area on her wrist that apparently did not absorb the gallons of self tanner she uses, and it looked like scar tissue. Has she attempted suicide in the past? I hope she can get herself straightened out, at least for her kids sake. 

Naomie looks like she had some work done ??! 

I used to get bruises as bad as she had whenever I had blood drawn.  I have tiny veins that roll away from the needle and low blood pressure so they'd have to poke a bunch of times.  It also didn't help that I'd do stupid shit like lifting heavy things after, just like they tell you not to do.  On top of that I bruise easily in general.  Now I know better and ask for a pediatric butterfly needle in the hand and there's only one nurse at the dr's office that I'll let stick me because she can get me on the first try.   I still usually get a bruise but it is much smaller and on my hand, so isn't as crazy looking.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I hope she’s doing well, but it must’ve been bad for the court to give Thomas custody with his prison/drug history.

Naomie’s nose job was done recently - wasn’t filming before that?

Yeah thats Naomi's old nose. Her new one will be at the reunion.

1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

doesn't deny getting a nose job.  She's talked about it on Instagram.

Yeah but she got it in February so we are seeing her old nose.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Whitney’s face in that clip is definitely of the “ouch, got his number” variety than of the “That’s some BS” variety. I’m sure Whitney knows the real scoop.

Craig, you still bummed that gig with Gentry didn’t work out?

Such a great clip! imo Whitney looks better - new look somehow. Haircut? Face thinner? New glasses? Wish he’d speak more - I enjoy Whitney.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

I really like 1 of the Gang of Four - Chelsea. Naomie amuses me, especially when she talks smack about Craig in French. While I love to see women being supportive of each other, I’m not buying the Gang of Four as genuine. I would be far less suspicious of this group if Danni and Naomie hadn’t sought out the company of the biggest attention whores from Pump Rules in real life. 

Did anyone notice how fresh and pretty Chelsea, Naomie, and Danni looked compared to Kathryn’s krazy klown makeup? Kathryn is a beautiful young woman but holy hell! Did Kensie do her makeup?

I don't buy it just because being friends with Kathryn seems insane to me. 

Now I'm trying to decide who the biggest attention whore on VPR would be.  I'm going Scheena, Lala, Jax, FI, James.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Most important question:  Who got custody of Gizmo?  This is what we care about.

Glad to see that Katherine continues to be sober.  She's following the 'plan' for her kids.  I like the shorter hair.  Not sure about the colors.

Good for Elizabeth for saying 'enough' with JD's spending of 'her' inheritance.  I've always liked her.

Let's face it.  Shep, Whitney, Austin, Craig and Trav are all immature men.  Ok.  Kind of losers.  I did enjoy the bickering over the smoker.  None of them knew what they were doing.  At least Craig was willing to google.

Congrats to Ashley for being a nurse....but moving cross country for a man, you're hungry. 

Bye Landon.  Don't miss you and your voice.  Best wishes for sucess in LA.

Ok I really must not have been paying attention.  Can you elaborate on this?  I liked her as well and always thought he was gross.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah thats Naomi's old nose. Her new one will be at the reunion.

Yeah but she got it in February so we are seeing her old nose.

Yeah, I thought they meant now and then reinterpreted and went back and edited.

16 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. You guys are all comedians .. I'm cracking up.  Couldn't believe Ashley wore those shorts.  Thomas ogling her looked like an old washed up perverted geezer.

I was thrilled to see J.D's pathetic face when saying Elizabeth dumped him.  The big douche with the cigar and drink always in his hand was probably floored.  He walked around like a big shot in his bar while Elizabeth was home with the kids.  Good for her.

Katherine looks good.  Can't wait until she meets up with shorty pants.

Ashley looks like Miss Jessica from Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  Well, if Miss Jessica wore what looks like silky jammies to a BBQ.

• Love 6

TRav actually licked his lips gazing at the new woman’s hot pants - but funny how he was thinking of Katherine’s reaction, so which one was he licking his lips about?

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Here's one blogger's comments/reporting on JD; note the post is about 18 months old. It says that JD "went through most of Elizabeth's inheritance." It specifically mentions "hookers and blow."

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

I don't think JD had a mortgage on the bar/restaurant - he rented the property.

Good link.

1 hour ago, Swellcatt said:

Ok, I'm not doing any research and maybe this is a fever dream, but when they were in Florida last season, didn't Thomas and Kathryn  have an argument about the nanny and that her daughter was watching the kids and there was a rumor that Thomas was sleeping with the daughter? Was that the same nanny? It sounds like this nanny was trying to find a way into Thomas' family. Yuck. And also, I love that this show is back! Bravo needs to separate RHONY and SC because they are both powerhouses and they air in the same week! Woo!

Well @Swellcatt I did research and found tons of hits on your theory and your theory is correct.  I can't believe it.  Neither Thomas nor the nanny dispute the fact that Thomas was screwing her teen daughter and gave her alcohol.  Was it this nanny that told Thomas to keep the kids in the guest house?  See this link for the best info I could find and be sure to watch the video another Charleston resident posted.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I used to get bruises as bad as she had whenever I had blood drawn.  I have tiny veins that roll away from the needle and low blood pressure so they'd have to poke a bunch of times.  It also didn't help that I'd do stupid shit like lifting heavy things after, just like they tell you not to do.  On top of that I bruise easily in general.  Now I know better and ask for a pediatric butterfly needle in the hand and there's only one nurse at the dr's office that I'll let stick me because she can get me on the first try.   I still usually get a bruise but it is much smaller and on my hand, so isn't as crazy looking.

Yeah I have similiar issues and tge same coloring as Kathryn and my skin bruises if I glance at a needle. Since she is undergoing regular drug testing I am hoping she is clean.

• Love 7
(edited)

The men on this show looked so gross last night that I was hoping the cute kid behind the butcher counter was going to be joining the cast!  Craig/Shep/Whitney ... maybe I should stop watching in HD but Mr. Final Rose insists that if we have HD we have to watch in HD.  

I always have a soft spot for Katherine ... even though her temper doesn't serve her well. Danni looked rough, she was so pretty at other times in this show. Loved seeing old nose Nomi . . . 

OK, JD's explanation of what went down sounded like a made-up lie; very ungenuine. A woman with three small kids does not argue and not end the conversation "lovingly" over little transgressions. 

I miss Landon ... I liked her Southern Belle gone-wrong desperate storyline. 

Edited by TheFinalRose
it's Southern Belle not Southern Bell, which was probably the telephone company at one time.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Here you go:

Thanks!  Glad you were able to find and share it.

9 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Is Danni the one who had a child born with problems?

No, that's Jennifer.  Evidently she pops up at the party three months in the future that we saw at the beginning of the episode.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, nexxie said:

TRav actually licked his lips gazing at the new woman’s hot pants - but funny how he was thinking of Katherine’s reaction, so which one was he licking his lips about?

Thomas is literally that Tex Avery wolf gif. The only thing missing was an "awooga!" and his eyes going "boing!"

Shep parties like he's Dorian Gray and secretly has a portrait that is transforming with all of the damage he's doing to himself. Even if he does have said portrait, I'm pretty sure it's a stick figure drawing and it ain't helping Shep out in any way.

I said years ago that all of JD's bullshit Boss Hogging was going to catch up to him and boy did it ever. Ha ha! There is a lesson to Craig in all of this. His Kia and getting sworn in suggest that he's paying attention.

Whitney was slightly less awful. However, whenever I see him I'm always struck with the idea that he's secretly been modeling his life on Lapo Elkann (who is younger) and the like. Whitney has always seemed like he'd love to be thought of as the intersection between wealthy, connected, educated, slightly adventurous, and sleazy. He's far too pedestrian and risk averse to gamble with the Kathryn crazy train like Thomas has, but just sleazy enough to hop on for one stop.*

1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

Except for Kathryn and some Landumb drama, the women have never really been a factor on this show. They are like the husbands on most housewives shows. They generally get along and don't really do too much. It's like back in the day on BH when we'd get packages of Ken, Mauricio, and Paul hanging out. 

*I'm not slut shaming Kathryn, just continuing my train metaphor.

• Love 12

Ok, I think JD is despicable. That being said, I thought he looked rather handsome last night. I'd never really thought so before...I guess divorce, or is it "hookers and blow"(?), agree with him.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’m enjoying those four women together - with Charleston’s good-ol’-boys ganging up and grabbing the power, it’s high time women band together!

(And that goes for the whole country.)

I agree.  It was nice to see the women bonding over poor treatment by these guys.  I hope it lasts.

• Love 10

Oooh, I love that clip.  JD is scum, just like the rest of the men on the show (most of them).  Whitney looked like he's had work done, his skin is tighter than before.  His reaction was classic, like oooh, shit, you are in trouble.   

And I loved how the conversation was just that - no screeching or screaming.  I think because it was so modulated, that made it more powerful; not someone screaming and looking the fool, but a reasonable person.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Ashley looks like Miss Jessica from Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  Well, if Miss Jessica wore what looks like silky jammies to a BBQ.

Ho ho ho! 

;)

(OK not really. Just was too obvious of a joke to let it pass)

• Love 6

I thought the exact same thing. I thought I could see track marks in the bruising. What a sad state of affairs.

She's been subject to random drug tests over the last year and a half.  If she had failed one, we would've heard about it.

Ok, I think JD is despicable. That being said, I thought he looked rather handsome last night. I'd never really thought so before...I guess divorce, or is it "hookers and blow"(?), agree with him.

Happy to know it wasn't just me!

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

Kathryn’s skin looked really bad.  And when she was talking to Danni in her apartment she had a horrendous foundation line.  Ugh.

Whitney in red Adidas track suit.  HAH!!!

Shep’s reaction to getting that book and proudly proclaiming he’d been watching that on PBS - this is why I can’t quit that loser.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 20
21 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

That girls talk really needed Cameran to make it watchable.  They just bitched and bitched, we get it, you broke up with your loser boyfriends, good for you!  Naomi was tired of Craig just sitting around sewing so she kicked him out and now he drives a KIA, great!  I don't think Cheltsie and Austen were ever dating but he really wanted to so he dated someone else to make her jealous?

I didn't like any of those women.  For all their talk of empowerment, they came off like mean girls, especially when they talked about Thomas' girlfriend.  Who cares if she's thirsty?  Why should any of them care?  Kathryn needs to concentrate on staying sober, not being on reality TV.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, snarts said:

She's been subject to random drug tests over the last year and a half.  If she had failed one, we would've heard about.

Nah you're right. I've just never seen bruising that bad. I get my blood drawn for biometric tests frequently and I've never had a disaster like that. It looked really scary ?After reading some of the other posts, now I wonder if she didn't follow instructions on purpose, to make herself bleed out. It just wasn't normal.

11 hours ago, Emkat said:

She is also heavily medicated.

See, I thought she seemed altered also.  I really dislike what she's done to her hair.  The cut is probably okay, but the bleached out bits look like she spilled a bottle of developer on her head.   I also thought she looked like she has had her face reconfigured.

11 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

I thought something looked off with Dani.....loved her top though, the back was beautiful. Kathryn's hair color was awful, in some shots the chunky blonde highlights (?) was not a good look for her. I am so glad JD's wife left him.....what a con man, she seems like a sweet person.  Chelsie is still my favorite girl, she is laid back and relatively drama free.  So disappointed Austen was the type to slyly make her pay for everything and quit his job, I thought better of him.  Thomas, oh Thomas....so transparent in picking Ashley's clothing.  He seriously is gross.  Shep doesn't bother me by still being single...he will be fine.  Craig is ultra sensitive.  Patricia did crack me up by saying she is the only one who is marriage material :)           

I agree.  She looked pale, not well.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, somebody was a little heady with their French 3 & 4.

Naomi is fluent and was born there and spent part of each year living there because both her parents are french and she speaks it at home.

• Love 22
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, 5 & 6

Its literally her first language, it's not at all surprising that she would assume it's prounouced the french way.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok I really must not have been paying attention.  Can you elaborate on this?  I liked her as well and always thought he was gross.

I'm copying from another poster:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/09/27/southern-charms-jd-madison-was-evicted-from-gentry-bar-and-sued-for-163233-in-rent/

Ok.  I admit it.  I always kind of like JD.  I think it was because it seemed that he and Elizabeth had a solid relationship.  Now I get it.  I always liked Elizabeth and because of that, I gave JD the benefit of the doubt.   Team Elizabeth all the the way.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't like any of those women.  For all their talk of empowerment, they came off like mean girls, especially when they talked about Thomas' girlfriend.  Who cares if she's thirsty?  Why should any of them care?  Kathryn needs to concentrate on staying sober, not being on reality TV.

I also agree with you about the "mean girl" stuff, which I had forgotten about.  But I still like that they are bonding over their treatment by "stupid boys" (my words)  instead of fighting over them or between one another, which is the way most of these Bravo shows like to portray women.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm copying from another poster:

Ok.  I admit it.  I always kind of like JD.  I think it was because it seemed that he and Elizabeth had a solid relationship.  Now I get it.  I always liked Elizabeth and because of that, I gave JD the benefit of the doubt.   Team Elizabeth all the the way.

I have to be honest.  I never really knew who Elizabeth was.  She has been pretty much nothing but background through the previous seasons IMO.  He has struck me as being simply an arrogant also-ran.  We're learning more about both of them now, aren't we?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She needs to set all the boundaries she can! It's not even their dog and Jason has commissioned paintings of him.

Give the man a dog as well as a baby!!!!! He has a lot of love in his heart. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah I have similiar issues and tge same coloring as Kathryn and my skin bruises if I glance at a needle. Since she is undergoing regular drug testing I am hoping she is clean.

Why not a urine test? Why is she being blood tested? That's unusual.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't buy it just because being friends with Kathryn seems insane to me. 

Now I'm trying to decide who the biggest attention whore on VPR would be.  I'm going Scheena, Lala, Jax, FI, James.

How about Stassi and Kristen?  http://www.eonline.com/news/922859/investigating-the-friendships-between-southern-charm-and-vanderpump-rules-cast-members#photo-897108  Stassi is always looking for guests for her podcast.

Stassi and Kristen discovered the very thirsty Naomie was following them on social media.  Shep is always "friends" with any and every Bravolebrity he can possibly meet.  

I am curious what Naomie is doing these days?  She should have finished grad school.  I just find it strange how she so quickly became so important in all these Southern Charmers lives.  Why would Elizabeth be confiding in Naomie?  More importantly when would it ever be appropriate to publicly jump into a couple with children marriage on TV?   

I wonder if Naomie is going to take credit for Craig being sworn in and practicing law?  With all her bitching about Craig I maintain what she wanted was more photo ops with these Bravolebrity types and less pursuit of his interests.  It seems all those things Craig could not do at once, finishing school, taking the bar, buying a house and starting a clothing line came true for Craig.  I think his pursuits just didn't serve her need for exposure and eventually securing a role on Southern Charm.

I don't get why Naomie, Dani and Chelsea are bashing Ashley-especially Naomie, who contacted Craig and moved him in moments after reconnecting with him.  Opportunists.   If the entire season is disgruntled girlfriends spending their time bashing the new women of the men they once loved and used to further their reality TV career.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

How about Stassi and Kristen?  http://www.eonline.com/news/922859/investigating-the-friendships-between-southern-charm-and-vanderpump-rules-cast-members#photo-897108  Stassi is always looking for guests for her podcast.

Stassi and Kristen discovered the very thirsty Naomie was following them on social media.  Shep is always "friends" with any and every Bravolebrity he can possibly meet.  

That is so interesting. I always thought it was a producer driven crossover that got the casts together.

Naomi should've left her nose alone.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Shep’s reaction to getting that book and proudly proclaiming he’d been watching that on PBS - this is why I can’t quit that loser.

Me too.  I love his love of literature.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I am curious what Naomie is doing these days?  She should have finished grad school.  I just find it strange how she so quickly became so important in all these Southern Charmers lives.  Why would Elizabeth be confiding in Naomie?  More importantly when would it ever be appropriate to publicly jump into a couple with children marriage on TV?   

I wonder if Naomie is going to take credit for Craig being sworn in and practicing law?  With all her bitching about Craig I maintain what she wanted was more photo ops with these Bravolebrity types and less pursuit of his interests.  It seems all those things Craig could not do at once, finishing school, taking the bar, buying a house and starting a clothing line came true for Craig.  I think his pursuits just didn't serve her need for exposure and eventually securing a role on Southern Charm.

I don't get why Naomie, Dani and Chelsea are bashing Ashley-especially Naomie, who contacted Craig and moved him in moments after reconnecting with him.  Opportunists.   If the entire season is disgruntled girlfriends spending their time bashing the new women of the men they once loved and used to further their reality TV career.

I knew the poster meant that Naomie was hanging out with The Coven.  I just don't find them to be "the biggest attention whores from Pump Rules."  There's an embarrassment of riches in the competition for "the biggest attention whores from Pump Rules", but I find the ones I listed to be a bit more attention whorey than The Coven.  

• Love 2