Type keyword(s) to search

Non Episodes Talk: Specials and One-offs

Monty
  • Start Topic

Every season, almost everyone on this show is a huge jerk to everyone. There are so many segments that are just the contestants sitting around yelling at each other about disrespect. It's pretty jarring to watch right after Face Off, which always has people helping each other crack open molds and hugging after eliminations.

• Love 1

I'm just glad they decided to speed up the house-cleaning process and ditch 2 of the craptooer's.  Keith was just out of control. I felt SO bad for poor Halo when Keith was practically chasing him around the kitchen while bitching.  Poor Halo just wanted to make his salad in peace!  *LOL*

I knew they'd keep King Ruck when he did the rose on himself.  That proves that he HAS watched previous seasons, because clients have tapped out and the only thing the judges accepted in response was a selfie. 

I love Sausage.  Yes, I typed that in a Non-Cooking show thread!  He's just so calm, controlled and confident.  No excess testosterone or aggression spilling out.  Just a cool guy with excellent skills. 

I'd like to see him win.  I'm just not that impressed with anybody else, though Halo is growing on me. 

• Love 1

did anyone else notice that the previews for the latest episode showed footage of a physical altercation between what I thought was a judge and a contestant? It took place out on the street. Didn't see anything about that in the actual show although I was waiting for it the entire episode.

This season it's hard for me to find an artist that impresses me.  It seems like they choose contestants based on how much of an asshole they are willing to be on camera.  How Roland got on this season is beyond me, he was neither very talented nor an asshole.  I felt kind of sorry for him, actually.  As a tattoo enthusiast, I do enjoy watching the show but I hate the grating guitar music they play to segueway between scenes.  It's always a lot louder in volume than the show itself so I have to turn down the volume so it doesn't wake up my next door neighbor.  Yeah, I watch a lot of tv after midnight.

I am so glad they cut both of those losers. I've had an irrational hate for Bubba sine the first time he opened his mouth, good riddance, you maroon. It looks like the judges are cutting 2 next week as well and that is good. Less canvases stuck with shitty work. Scott's an arrogant jerk but so far hasn't been whiny and his work backs his arrogance, IMO. Breakfast Meat  does good work as well and I like Matti's for the most part. I think Halo has been pretty under-rated. I think the rest are chaff and they know it.

A place to discuss particular episodes (that do not have specific episode threads), arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Please feel free to start new topics for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, small talk, etc.

(edited)

I thought last season's Finale was much better than this one because IMO the best artist won. Joey Hamilton's Finale tat, which was an underwater scenario, was by far the best. Jimi Litrock's "Battle Royale" tat with the dragon, snake and eagle was good too, but it didn't have enough solid black,  there was too much background and the and the eagle's wings didn't fit the Human Canvas' chest. Tatu Baby's final tat was not only by far the worst, it was so tacky that the original human canvas quit and the replacement skin's being smaller only made it worse. That the girl was half naked and wearing only a Native American headdress was bad enough, but she was in half period, only the wolf's head showed, the tomahawk was random and the placement was wrong.

However, what I do give Tatu Baby credit for was not quitting no matter how tough things got because she knew that she had a second chance and wasn't going to throw it away. Joey may a talked a little trash about Tatu Baby in the Finale, but it was nothing compared to all the shit Joshua Hibbard said about her all season long. Joey said that Tatu Baby was a great artist who deserved to be in the finale and even hugged her at the end of the show, which showed class-something Joshua doesn't know the meaning of.

Edited by DollEyes

I'd rather have a season with nobody we've seen before. The show's assumption that I'm excited about old grudges being dredged up again is basically the opposite of my actual thinking.

(edited)

Well, in my perfect season, there would be no drama, but a ton of excellent tattoos from a bunch of excellent artists.

What's that?  Oh, right, I'm delusional, I forgot.  Damn.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

Yeah, I think what I like about the show and what Spike likes about the show are about as opposite as possible. I FF through all the couch-fighting scenes. I like to watch the tattooing and the judging, and that's about it. The last thing I want is a season devoted to the nastiest personalities ever to appear on the show. I think we'll skip that one, and in all likelihood quit the show altogether.

Gentle Jay was a jackass and I was rooting for Scott the entire season and was so happy he won. It's rare that someone I root for in reality competition shows win.

What I can't stand about Ink Master is how the inktestants all seem to have a chip on their shoulder and are mad at the world or something. This season I fear is going to be a nonstop bitchfest just like last season, with the exception of a few like Halo & Scott. I know the producers have their hands dipped in most of the inktestants acting the way they do. Have them tear each other down instead of building each other and giving helpful criticism. If I walked into any one of their shops and seen them acting the way they do on t.v. I would walk out of their shop.

I also don't like how the judges mainly Nunez enforce that the inktestants should force a canvas to sit there and get a tattoo even if they're in severe pain, or not getting what they asked for. Also how the judges don't like the coloring of some even though the canvas specifies that's the color they want their tattoo to be. You can't argue with that, if it's what the canvas wants then that's what they get. So I really hope this season the judges dial down on the stuff that the inktestant doesn't have control over.

Rant over and now onto the season premiere.

That girl with her boobs hanging out everywhere is gonna get on my nerves I can already tell. The guy with all the tats and the backwards hat looks like he has some anger issues (I don't know all of their names yet). I was kind of puzzled on LT I think his name is assigning his competition cursive lettering but she's proven to have messed that up even though she was bragging about how every tattoo artist learns that and eluding that it's tattooing 101. I also hate how the inktestants brag about their work, yet it doesn't seem that they are the best at what the challenge is that is being thrown at them.

I think the right person went home because that rose and skull tattoo was horrible. If I was the canvas I would be pissed off with it and not giving it compliments like he did. The rose looked off and the color of it looked like it would fade really fast.

Edited by ShadowSixx

That's terrible. I guess they didn't want to run the risk of making two rivals start liking each other because they were a winning team. Although the guys from last season seem like they might have gotten to know each other a little better in the offseason, so maybe they won't be fighting as much.

I'm enjoying this show so much more once I started fast forwarding through all the smack talk and contestant fights. Even fast forwarding through all the repetitive crap Dave has to say about what the winner gets and explaining how the canvas jury works has helped improve this show immensely. I think that and skipping commercials has shrunk an hour long show down to under 30 minutes.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Master vs Master special -- didn't agree with the winner and didn't think any of the tattoos were standouts, but that canvas? Hell yeah.

How many people have we seen shake, cry, swoon, scream, groan, puke, sweat, or quit getting just one tat? Hats off to spread eagle bike rider babe.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1