Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Tell All - Part 2

• Start Topic

I want to know what the deal is with feeling “safe”??  Is this A word they learned in therapy and just continue to throw around and use as an excuse for not stating how they really feel?  What are they worried about? They are already miserable why can’t they just put their feelings out there and move on? I don’t understand. 

• Love 20
(edited)
7 minutes ago, KeeperOfTheIce said:

I want to know what the deal is with feeling “safe”??  Is this A word they learned in therapy and just continue to throw around and use as an excuse for not stating how they really feel?  What are they worried about? They are already miserable why can’t they just put their feelings out there and move on? I don’t understand. 

"I (we, you, they) don't feel safe talking about this".  AKA "We're pussies".

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 12

Just watched part two and dislike Meri even more.

Her whining - "maybe I should just leave"

Yes please! No one wants you and Kody will never touch/Love you again.

The way they all look at you with dislike and when you told the story of someone coming up to you- they all knew you were lying.

• Love 8

What the fuckity fuck is up with this family and all the really bad hair?!

All the men have issues:

KoDouche - do I really need to explain myself here? I think not.

Caleb - that unkempt plyg-looking beard makes him look like he should be a day player in Deliverance. Dude, trim that shit, it aint right.

FT - Looks like he's sprouting pubes on his face. Shave that shit off you dweeb, it's gross.

Aspyn's Fiance - Again, looks like he's ripe to join a plyg compound like, anyday now. Trim that shit.

The adult females on this show...I think the only two who usually have decent hair are Aspyn (all the time) and Christine (sometimes).

What the hell is up with that? Logan is the only offspring who looks like he is well groomed...thank you Michelle!

• Love 24
(edited)
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

They need Judge Judy as a moderator. She loathes filler words, and gets folks straightened out about it really quickly. There would be no 'like', 'basically' or 'ya know' on her watch. 

I loathe Judge Judy. I realize it's all made-up drama for the cameras, but I always found her to be an insulting, belittling, dimissive, condescending asswipe. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I loathe Judge Judy. I realize it's all made-up drama for the cameras, but I always found her to be an insulting, belittling, dimissive, condescending asswipe. 

7PzK.gif

:-)

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I have been just an occasional viewer, so forgive me if this has been discussed and put to bed a long time ago.  I wonder if Meri's inability to have more than one child is a significant factor in her relationship with the rest of the family.  Not that they resent her for not contributing to overpopulation, but that puts the her at a completely different stage of life as the other wives, and she doesn't know how to relate.  I'm sure it hurts to not be able to have more children when you want them so bad.  Whatever the cause, she is not handling herself well at all and is only pushing everyone else away.  I just wonder what things have been like if she'd had 4 or 5 other kids.  I want an update when all the wives are empty-nesters, to see how the dynamics are between Kody and the women, and the women themselves. 

It was telling though, when asked about any more wives, that Kody said he's getting too old to have anymore children so what would be the point?  Makes me think this is more about Kody spreading his seed than any actual marital relationships.  Is a marriage only worthy if children are in it?  Maybe Kody did have some resentment about Meri's infertility??  I don't know, but I really think her only having one child has a root in their problems.  Maybe she never saw any other worth in herself, and has an inferiority complex over it?  That would explain at least some of her victim mentality. 

These women refer to all the children as 'theirs' and talk about sister wives being other mothers.  Yet they are not to correct the others' children, especially when they are considered siblings to yours?  Well are they 'other mothers' or not?  I get the whole don't-discipline-kids-that-aren't-yours mentality, but THEY are the ones that claim to be one family.  Not a blended family, just a regular family.  In my opinion the things they say are very contradictory.  It makes me really crazy. 

I think there is an idealized version of what polygamy is all about (or what some think/hope it will be) and the reality. All polygamist families are different, and from what I've read, in some families the wives and children are completely separated, different houses, etc. And some all live under one roof and are raised together, though I'm not sure how they deal with the kids when it comes to parenting. 

The Browns seem to have done a little of everything as far as living arrangements. The cul-de-sac seems like a perfect compromise, and if things like jealousy weren't an issue, it would be the ideal situation as far as polygamy goes. Everyone's close and can interact and see each other on a regular basis, yet they have their own private spaces and time to themselves as well.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, gingerella said:

All the men have issues:

KoDouche - do I really need to explain myself here? I think not.

Caleb - that unkempt plyg-looking beard makes him look like he should be a day player in Deliverance. Dude, trim that shit, it aint right.

FT - Looks like he's sprouting pubes on his face. Shave that shit off you dweeb, it's gross.

Aspyn's Fiance - Again, looks like he's ripe to join a plyg compound like, anyday now. Trim that shit.

The adult females on this show...I think the only two who usually have decent hair are Aspyn (all the time) and Christine (sometimes).

What the hell is up with that? Logan is the only offspring who looks like he is well groomed...thank you Michelle!

I think Logan had his act together before Michelle came along, but she might give him some fashion advice, who knows, lol. 

Kody looks infinitely better with the bun/ponytail. I liked his hair until the last two seasons - it's mostly gray now, and gray hair gets thin, frizzy, and dry much easier - time to bite the bullet and cut it off. He's moving in the right direction though.

No comment on Tony or Caleb.

I can't help it, I think Mitch is adorable. Sometimes his beard is trimmed, sometimes not - just like my husband. Although Mr. Gothish has a full-on mustache as well. Mitch is like a big ol' cute leprechaun dude - by far the closest to my type of the boyfriends/husbands at this point.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2018 at 12:54 PM, Phronsie said:

It really does.  I think I probably will skip watching the new season and just read here....the snark is way more interesting!

Confidentially?

That's exactly what I do. Can't remember when I've actually watched a show...

• Love 3

I really have to give a big kudo's out to my mom who raised 6 kids BY HERSELF with no help from granny, aunties, cousins -etc while my dad was at work. These women don't have outside jobs, Grody doesnt have a job other than fixing his hair and Robyn runs the crappy sisterwives joolery,  I think even Janelle has "help" and her kids are all at least tweens now

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I think there is an idealized version of what polygamy is all about (or what some think/hope it will be) and the reality. All polygamist families are different, and from what I've read, in some families the wives and children are completely separated, different houses, etc. And some all live under one roof and are raised together, though I'm not sure how they deal with the kids when it comes to parenting. 

The Browns seem to have done a little of everything as far as living arrangements. The cul-de-sac seems like a perfect compromise, and if things like jealousy weren't an issue, it would be the ideal situation as far as polygamy goes. Everyone's close and can interact and see each other on a regular basis, yet they have their own private spaces and time to themselves as well.

I wish that the Browns had agreed to address more about their religion from the beginning.  Maybe, that way, viewers would have a more realistic view of their lifestyle.  From what I now gather, the goal is not to be happy, but, to follow the "Principle."  And why didn't Christine talk about how their faith teaches it?  Well, back before the original Church banned it and became the existing LDS, who don't practice polygamy, the founding fathers of Mormonism practiced it.  It's not like the Browns making it up.  It really is important to those who follow in their faith. (Well for some and if you follow it correctly. ) But, I think that the Browns have gotten trapped by their own words and proclamations on their TV SHOW that the lifestyle is all wonderful, but, from what I have gathered lately.......being happy, doesn't bring you  celestial happiness and ruling your own planet.  But, practicing plural marriage does.  So, their happiness is really just icing on the cake, if it happens.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_fundamentalism

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Where Mariah is concerned I get the feeling he is not really happy with her being gay.  The wives are all waving banners of approval, but he acts weird and barely puts the stamp of approval on her lifestyle.   

But he doesn't "approve" of her lifestyle. He said in a previous episode that he "tolerates" it, and was very proud of himself for doing so!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

KoDouche looks so livid any time Meri speaks. What an asshat.

I sorta love it. I wanted him to look at her like that when Meri insisted on 3-4000 square feet for herself while the other wives had up to 6 kids living in their spaces. She said it would be depriving her to downsize herself just because of fewer kids. That will always tell me who Meri is.

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I think things will never be right with Meri/Kody/the whole family until Meri *really* abases herself about the catfish.  I remember how hurt Kody was and saying "It sounds like you don't want me any more."  His response was reasonable; any man whose wife had expressed a preference for another man to the point of planning to run away with him would feel the same hurt.  And it's the kind of insult to the male ego, as well, that can't be assuaged with an "I'm sorry, and I won't do it again."  I'm not sure gnashing of teeth, tearing of hair and rending of garments are enough, either.  She needs to make some really grand gesture towards showing that Kody is her ideal male, that she wants him desperately, that she can't imagine any better sex than the sex she had with him.  The fact--FACT--that she was ready to leave the family for the catfish is going to be really, really difficult to outlive, and I'm not sure it can be done.

But she continues to want to paint herself as a victim of the catfish, that she was betrayed, ffs.  Until she gets off that unicorn, she's never going to begin to be able to patch things up with her family.  She needs to go with Kody to a SAFE place *gak* and tell him how wrong she was, how stupid to endanger their life and love--making no excuses for herself, just accepting that she did a really bad thing and genuinely wants to be forgiven.  She needs to ask him what she can do to prove her love, and then do it, whether it's anal sex or a threesome with Robyn.

I honestly don't think she wants to be accepted back into the fold.  I think her "maybe I should just leave's" are trial balloons, and one day--especially now that she has the B&B and her mom to live with--she's going to be outta there.

I don't think Meri or any other women needs to " abase" herself. If Kody can't forgive her he should ask for a spiritual divorce. He doesn't because of his ego. I hope Meri leaves this selfish creep .

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 9

Kody may have lingering issues with Meri, but, I still suspect that's it more than the catfish deal.  Recall that EVEN after the catfish scandal, Kody went out of his way to VISIT Mariah and beg her to give her mom a second chance.  He wasn't fully over the thing, but, he felt tat Mariah was being too unforgiving and that she needed to at least listen to her mother's apology. He didn't badmouth Meri just because he could and would have been justified.  He took a position that Mariah was not thrilled with and asked for her to do something that she didn't want to do.  He thought, that no healing would take place otherwise and apparently, he was right, because they are now on good terms.  He took a chance doing that, because Mariah could have turned against him too.  

SOOOO.......why didn't that approach work with HE and Meri?  That's why I think it's something else. 

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

All the men have issues:

Amen to that.  Are there no mirrors in the compound?  Kadoofus has two looks - insane came man and demented Pebbles and they are both gag-worthy.  Just cut it for Pete's sake and stop thinking of yourself as a surfer dude.  You embarrass yourself.

Edited by Kohola3
must correct punctuation
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
37 minutes ago, keepitsimple said:

I sorta love it. I wanted him to look at her like that when Meri insisted on 3-4000 square feet for herself while the other wives had up to 6 kids living in their spaces. She said it would be depriving her to downsize herself just because of fewer kids. That will always tell me who Meri is.

I guess I am fairly alone in my opinion on this....but to my way of thinking, the 5 adults involved in this "marriage" should share equally; thus each wife should get the same assets as the others, not depending on how many kids they popped out for King Kootie.  Especially if (as I suspect)...the marriage has been basically "over" for some time....Meri (yes, a Nut Job) has been with King Nut Job for a long time, and deserves her share of the spoils, such as they are.   Meri should be entitled to her 1/5, as far as I'm concerned.  Kody can do what he likes with his portion...probably spending it on botox and wrestling lessons.  Oy.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

SOOOO.......why didn't that approach work with HE and Meri?  That's why I think it's something else. 

Maybe bad hygiene or breath - I wrote something pretty crude before, but felt I needed to tone it down

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
toned it down
  • Love 1
(edited)

Over the years TLC's shows have provided us with many unlikable characters.  Penny, Steven A. and James "Ow My Leg" come to mind from My 600 lb Life.   Then there is Whitney, living her  Big Fat Fabulous Life.  Going back a few years there was Mama June and her lovely family. Last but not least there was  Kate Gosselin.   But I have to say that Meri Brown in the most unlikable of them all.  She has the art of being a victim down to a science. Nothing about that woman shows any glimpse of humor or warmth.

We have a joke in my family when playing cards. If you are out of the competition and have no chance of winning, you are just a "chair filler"..lol.  That is what she is.." a "chair filler".   I wish the family and TLC would give her the boot.  The show would probably have bigger ratings if they finally dumped her!  CUT HER LOOSE!!

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I think things will never be right with Meri/Kody/the whole family until Meri *really* abases herself about the catfish.  I remember how hurt Kody was and saying "It sounds like you don't want me any more."  His response was reasonable; any man whose wife had expressed a preference for another man to the point of planning to run away with him would feel the same hurt.  And it's the kind of insult to the male ego, as well, that can't be assuaged with an "I'm sorry, and I won't do it again."  I'm not sure gnashing of teeth, tearing of hair and rending of garments are enough, either.  She needs to make some really grand gesture towards showing that Kody is her ideal male, that she wants him desperately, that she can't imagine any better sex than the sex she had with him.  The fact--FACT--that she was ready to leave the family for the catfish is going to be really, really difficult to outlive, and I'm not sure it can be done.

I don't think it can or should be done.

Maybe Kody needs to recognize that each of his wives has felt the same hurt when he's brought the newest model into the fold.  Every new wife is a statement to every other wife that "YOU are not enough for me."  I think Meri needs to be honest with herself and with Kody and finally admit that she needs and wants something more than Kody.  She needs to be THE love of someone's life.   Everyone does.  I honestly cannot imagine how lonely her life has been.  No wonder she lashes out, Janelle eats, etc.  

If I were Meri, I would fight for every asset I could get, convince TLC to give me a spinoff, "Sister Wife No More," and prove that living well is the best revenge.  There hasn't been a new storyline on "Sister Wives" for years, but Meri's spinoff could be filled with new adventures.  I bet it would still be on the air when "Sister Wives" is cancelled.

Edited by TVFAN
Typos are bad things.
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, lma said:

I think someone coined it to mean Fatter. F was for Fat. FR is for Fatter since they’ve gotten bigger. I think this is what was said. The originator can correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks so much for explaining! 

3 hours ago, KeeperOfTheIce said:

I want to know what the deal is with feeling “safe”??  

I'd really like to help you out with an explanation, but I can't because I don't feel safe! ?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TVFAN said:

There hasn't been a new storyline on "Sister Wives" for years, but Meri's spinoff could be filled with new adventures.

But what kind of adventures?  What story lines could there possibly be?  I certainly have no interest in  watching her scrub the bathroom in a rundown farmhouse after the three or four guests she gets a year.  She's already hawking LuLaNo on FB and alienating the buyers with her snotty attitude and remarks.  Going to Disneyland?  Who cares?  Search for a new love?  Who'd have her with her attitude and history?

She is a very unpleasant person all around.  She'd be the last person on earth I would want to watch because without the family she'd have no one to whom to run a bitch session.  Witch reduces her to, well, a big zero in my book.

• Love 17
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She is a very unpleasant person all around.  She'd be the last person on earth I would want to watch because without the family she'd have no one to whom to run a bitch session.  Witch reduces her to, well, a big zero in my book.

Witch or Which to start your last sentence??  I have to say I love what you typed...lol!!  Spot on!

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Swiss said:

Witch or Which to start your last sentence??  I have to say I love what you typed...lol!!  Spot on!

Wow, that was subliminal but works either way!

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Normades said:

I'd really like to help you out with an explanation, but I can't because I don't feel safe! ?

I'll start by saying I have zero tolerance for social media bullshit catchphrases/hashtag crap.  My tribe, living my why etc.just irritate me to no end.  SAY WHAT YOU MEAN.

This I don't feel safe crapola is right at the top of my list.  I would like to suggest a different way of saying the same thing.  Since I don't feel safe is designed to shut the conversation down and make the other person feel bad about whatever it is you were talking about, how about STFU and mind your own damn business. Now you lose the advantage of  making the other person feel bad for bringing up the subject in the first place but at least it's a direct answer.

Meri is the queen of passive/aggressive conversation and condescending smirks.  It's no wonder people can't stand her.

• Love 20

About feeling "safe" (or not):

Remember when Mykelti first brought up FT with Christine?  She said he was the first time she felt "safe."  Kind of an odd statement, but then I've never lived the plyg life.  I personally believe Mykelti & Madison latched on to the first man who gave them any individual attention.  Goodness knows they didn't get much from their dear old dad.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Swiss said:

Or like Connie Chung said, rhymes with witch?  I'll say it:  Meri is a straight-up bitch, and she's never gotten over losing her HBIC title.  The easy TLC money keeps her tethered to people she hates, and that hate her right back.  Who in their right mind would want to go through life like that?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I thought MAYBE he was kidding about that, just to toss out a reason he wouldn’t be comfortable in a bar. But considering they were talking about a gay bar, I found his comment entertaining and intriguing. 

I was interested in that clip where Meri was telling the kids that they better remember they are ALL siblings, then asking for backup from the other moms. I wonder if she felt Mariah was being excluded or picked on. In any case, I feel she was right to speak up and remind the kids of that point. I am always shocked by families that allow kids to treat each other in ways that would not be allowed with non-family: bullying, extreme teasing, hitting, etc. Respect for others is just as important within the family. 

Also if my kid was in that situation and being made the goat, I would become a fucking wolverine. 

It was also a relief to hear Meri acknowledge that she has indeed considered leaving - more than once. And i’m glad Kody decline to lay out past issue and transgressions. I am certain that in private they have discussed EVERYTHING. 

I always thought Meri was sticking up for the step kids, to curry favor with Robyn and Doofus.  I never thought it was because of Mariah.

It's true that they only say and film what they want the readers/viewers want us to see.  But I really do think Doofus thinks he's all that, and then some.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Maybe bad hygiene or breath - I wrote something pretty crude before, but felt I needed to tone it down

I thought it was pretty funny, but, see your point.  lol

It's true about Meri and her wandering speak.  She'd be hell on a deposition fee. Talks for hours and in the end.....not one coherent, solid thought.  just meandering around with a thousand words.......lol.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I'm just curious...since they did a Polygamy 101 Q&A segment at the end, is it ok to generally discuss polygamy on this episode thread?

I don't want to get in trouble for breaking any rules/responding to folk that have posted here regarding polygamy.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think Meri or any other women needs to " abase" herself. If Kody can't forgive her he should ask for a spiritual divorce. He doesn't because of his ego. I hope Meri leaves this selfish creep .

I’d love for Kody to address why it’s OK for him to be hurt and jealous at the idea of Meri wanting another man, but not OK for Meri yo be hurt and jealous while he adds woman after woman to their lives. Yeah, yeah, it’s “what she signed up for.” But how about some acknowledgment that she is only human and that she couldn’t t ally have predicted how bad polygamy could feel at times. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, navine said:

doesn't everyone frikkin hate Cody?  it's so easy

Um after watching all the other Plyg shows...he is my Dream Plyg...

21 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Meri is why I’m tuning out. Talk about getting burnt out. 

Meri is why Im tuning in!! lol...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Holy cow! No, I wasn’t a regular watcher until a couple of years ago and so I did not yet have this emblazoned on my retinas. Thanks! LOL. 

Were you watching when Kody and all his friends did the Sky Jump from the Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas?  Everyone else pretty much did the typical "spread eagle" on the way down, but Kody PROUDLY did a "pike position" and as he boasted at the bottom, "I held the pike the whole way down."  Yeah, that looked manly.  Bent over double and grabbing your toes.  It looked stupid.  And I was not surprised that he looked stupid.  Just in a different place than the cult-de-sac.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Were you watching when Kody and all his friends did the Sky Jump from the Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas?  Everyone else pretty much did the typical "spread eagle" on the way down, but Kody PROUDLY did a "pike position" and as he boasted at the bottom, "I held the pike the whole way down."  Yeah, that looked manly.  Bent over double and grabbing your toes.  It looked stupid.  And I was not surprised that he looked stupid.  Just in a different place than the cult-de-sac.

Hahahahaha!!! No, I missed that, too! I must do some binge-watching!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christi said:

doesn't everyone frikkin hate Cody?  it's so easy

I actually like him. He is a big goof and trying to hold it together.

I am not trying to be mean but... Mykelti is starting to look like Tony. Too many Tacos

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I was interested in that clip where Meri was telling the kids that they better remember they are ALL siblings, then asking for backup from the other moms. I wonder if she felt Mariah was being excluded or picked on. In any case, I feel she was right to speak up and remind the kids of that point. 

This had nothing to do with Mariah, but rather Meri flexing her muscles as "first" wife.  Apparently, either Hunter or Paedon (accidentally or purposely) pushed Dayton. Viewers weren’t privy to the incident, because it occurred off camera. However, we were treated to Robyn sobbing to Meri and Kody about her kids being mistreated and made to feel unwelcome. Meri flew into a rage and inferred that if something like that happened again there will be hell to pay. Janelle and Christine didn’t like the way she was speaking to their kids.  Christine told her that she was overreacting. Meri then sarcastically thanked her and Janelle for having her back. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Phronsie said:

I guess I am fairly alone in my opinion on this....but to my way of thinking, the 5 adults involved in this "marriage" should share equally; thus each wife should get the same assets as the others, not depending on how many kids they popped out for King Kootie.  Especially if (as I suspect)...the marriage has been basically "over" for some time....Meri (yes, a Nut Job) has been with King Nut Job for a long time, and deserves her share of the spoils, such as they are.   Meri should be entitled to her 1/5, as far as I'm concerned.  Kody can do what he likes with his portion...probably spending it on botox and wrestling lessons.  Oy.

Nope, I agree with you on this one. I dont think Meri should have had a smaller house just because she had fertility problems. That doesn't sound very equitable to me. All wives should be treated equally. It's like saying he's going to schtup Robyn more often because she's less fat...He wanted four wives, they all should get the same housing IMO. Now if they said, Meri you only have one child in the home so will you please have a dedicated room for the other kids to come sleep over sometimes, I think that would be fair too. Meri's a fucking mess, but damn, girl has put up with alot in that marriage. If she walks away, she ought to at least get the house and whatever she can sell it for, though who the hell would buy a home in the middle of that shitshow?

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

This had nothing to do with Mariah, but rather Meri flexing her muscles as "first" wife.  Apparently, either Hunter or Paedon (accidentally or purposely) pushed Dayton. Viewers weren’t privy to the incident, because it occurred off camera. However, we were treated to Robyn sobbing to Meri and Kody about her kids being mistreated and made to feel unwelcome. Meri flew into a rage and inferred that if something like that happened again there will be hell to pay. Janelle and Christine didn’t like the way she was speaking to their kids.  Christine told her that she was overreacting. Meri then sarcastically thanked her and Janelle for having her back. 

If Meri observed that, I think she was right to step in. 

• Love 5
On 4/1/2018 at 5:33 AM, Sandy W said:

It appears that tonight's tell all will be a 2 hr session with the Brown's answering questions about Mariah's coming out, catfishing etc.

I wonder if viewer questions will be provocative enough to prompt Kody to once again advise the people that support their folly to "piss off".

I kind of remember this but since I really only half watch I cannot remember at all what it was that made him react that way??

I think it's more than just the cat fishing, that's part of it.  

I think he just wasn't interested in Meri sexually anymore is all.  I never thought Kody was into the multi marriage thing for the sex as much as the attention.

• Love 4

The funniest parts of the first hour were Andrea Canning laughing out loud when Kody said that he gets hit on a lot, and the look on FRT's face when they played the clip of Maddie in labour. 

It apparently went right over Kody's head that he was being asked if he would go into a gay bar. I have news for you Kody, the women in there have no interest in you. The men might, but if you have never been to a gay bar, how would you know? Is Kody saying that he has random men hitting on him all the time? So confusing. However if Kody has women hitting on him all the time, it is because he is giving out signals that they can. Which would not surprise me, in the least. But it certainly isn't because he is irresistible to women. Lol.

The other thing I found hilarious was Janelle saying that if anything happened to Kody, the women would stay together to raise the remaining children until they were all grown. Janelle has said many times she didn't even want to raise her own kids, and they even showed clips of her saying it. Christine might stick around to help raise Robyn's remaining kids, and Robyn would help with Truly, but that is about it. 

• Love 3

Me too! When he says it, I immediately think of him being worried that after all his bs, Meri will finally snap and kill him.

Ooooooh, I see a special episode of the show Snapped coming.

I think part of the reason Kody and Meri have problems is that they have similar personalities. I think they are both stubborn individuals. Hell, all the adults would benefit from going to off camera therapy with someone that is not Nancy. I do not care if Meri and Kody work it out or not, but if I have to see another season of them being in this will they/won't they limbo my television is not going to be in a safe space.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, valdawn said:

I kind of remember this but since I really only half watch I cannot remember at all what it was that made him react that way??

Sorry, I had my Kody insults confused.  He told Logan to "piss off" when Logan dared to eat pork at the Hawaiian luau, contrary to Kody's Kosher dietary restrictions.

He gave the finger during the June 2016 tell all to the social media "haters who came in and messed with our marriage".  By giving the finger he was effectively, but not literally telling the "haters" to piss off.

• Love 3
(edited)

Kody is still pissed at Meri for "cheating" on him, as he shares his bed and theoretically has sex with 3 other women right in front of her.  What a huge entitled ego he has!  One would think he'd show her more compassion considering his advantages over her, but noooooo......He's only pissed about how this makes him look bad to the world and now she's suffering his wrath for daring to do that to him!  Narcissist, much?

The only reason he doesn't want her to publicly admit to her responsibility in getting involved with the catfish is because he thinks it would make polygamy look worse if she does.  But he is clearly angry with her for it, if only because even not admitting her responsibility still makes him and polygamy look a little bad.  Nothing would have pleased him other than if she just sucked up to him and let him reject her without acting out about it thus letting the world know that all was not rosy in "paradise".  I personally think he's abusive and that he was clearly rejecting her for a long time before she acted out with the catfish.

The more I learn about this bunch, the more I feel like Meri had this polygamy thing shoved down her throat from the get-go.  She may have thought it was a good idea to go along with it in order to stay with him at the time, but in the end that was the wrong decision for her, and this is the price she is paying for trading her self-respect for staying married to him.  The sacrifice was too much in the end. I know it would have been hard to leave, but she really should have left before it got to the point of pursuing the catfish.  Staying with Kody and the family has only brought her to the point of acting out of selfishness and attempting to get whatever "payback" she can for having been rejected by him.  I even think her insistence on having her own huge house to herself complete with wet bar was part of that.  She already had less than the other women in not being able to have more kids and being virtually dumped by Kody so the house became a symbol for her to have at least some of what the other women were having.  She saw the house as payback for all she had suffered through.  She actually may have suffered through a lot with Kody but the house wasn't going to make up for him effectively dumping her in his heart.

Christine said she hated to see Kody and Meri's "two broken hearts".  Yeah, right, sure.  All he has to do to forget about Meri is ignore her and concentrate on his 3 other wives while she has her nose rubbed in what "she did wrong" every minute she continues to stay there and watch them carry on without her.

I don't believe for one minute that the other wives want them to work things out.  They don't give a rat's ass and are over Meri as long as king Ko-douchebag is over her.

I also don't believe for one minute that Kody wants to work things out with Meri but "doesn't know how".  The only reason she's still around is because of contractual obligations with the show and they all tolerate her just because of that alone.  Otherwise it looks like they don't see her that much anymore.  She's only worth ratings to them.  Then they pat themselves on the back for staying together when other couples in "today's society" would part?  What a freaking LIE and an implied dis on the rest of society!  At this point she's only there for the money and to keep up the appearance that they haven't turned their backs on her, who are they kidding?  They have to keep up this charade that they are being compassionate to her!  It's the only way they can salvage their attempt at making polygamy look good!

As if a guy with 4 wives has any room at all to criticize a man with 10 wives.  People in glass houses and all that....And his hair!  He goes from cave man to angry man-bun/pony tail and that's supposed to be an improvement?  Gah!

Mykelti and Tony are settling into the mediocrity that their personalities encourage each other to be which explains Mykelti's weight gain to match Tony.  They bring out the worst in each other.  Christine mentioned how Mykelti had big plans that she ditched because of Tony and then excused it by saying it was "her destiny" to have done that or whatever crap she has to convince herself of and/or say it is publicly on TV so as not to look bad.

Janelle claims she is a feminist?  LOL, seriously?

Edited by Yeah No
I think it was Christine, not Robyn that said "two broken hearts".
  • Love 19

Meri was raised in polygamy.  Her father was a pillar of their church.  She knew what polygamy was all about.  I am sure she saw the good, the bad and the ugly of polygamy.  It is her character and personality that poisoned the family.

It was interesting to see the expressions on the faces of the other wives when Meri told her story at the end of the night.  Stick a fork in them, anyone?

• Love 14