Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

My Favorite Noodle busts a move

nup_180573_0427.jpg?w=535&h=802

Hah! I can totally see Ramona as Mrs. George from Mean Girls. Like when her fake boob caught on fire and she didn't feel it or notice

giphy.gif

She spent so much of last season proclaiming that Avery's friends were now her best girlfriends. I think she's already at the Mrs. George level.

@Linderville I'd encourage you to read back further in the thread about why painting oneself darker is considered offensive. Many people have talked about the issues. Additionally drag queens and cosplayers manage to do very good cross race drag and cosplay without resorting to painting their skin to "match." It can be done without resorting to Luann's level of laziness.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Granted, due to time constraints I had to skim a few pages this week. But I don't think I've seen anyone slam her for her hard work toward the relief efforts.

There have been plenty of posts slamming her for daring to mention her work on social media.  Those are the posts I was referring to.  Apparently she's allowed to give massive amounts of money and work towards helping people, she just can't say anything about it (even though being loud about it is what gets other people involved and helping as well.)

• Love 21

Dorinda, LuAnn and Sonja have a drinking problem...big time. Dorinda becomes a mean drunk with zero filters. LuAnn is a sloppy drunk...stumbling around, falling. Sonja gets very sexual and hits on everyone, including the other women on the show. They drink as much, if not more, than a college coed.  Middle age women who drink as much as they do make themselves susceptible to liver damage, cancers (particularly breast cancer) and other diseases that are linked to heavy alcohol use. 

One of the things that is so glaringly obvious with these women is the competition between them all with their business projects and "careers"... case in point the cat fight between Ramona and Bethenny at the Halloween party over the location of the property Bethenny bought for a flipper house. Ramona arguing with Bethenny over this was embarrassing and immature...it showed how jealous Ramona is of Bethenny's empire. None of these women seem to be genuinely happy for each other when they succeed in a career move or even in the romance department. They really don't support one another very much...interesting that there is a rift between Carole and Bethenny. My impression is that Bethenny is jealous of the friendship between Tinsley and Carole. Bethenny has issues and seems to be a "user" type of person. When she's done using someone she becomes combative and then discards them. 

• Love 16
On April 5, 2018 at 1:10 PM, ichbin said:

This!  I went through the same thing with my dog a few months earlier.  The only time I used my phone during and after the seizure was to call the vet.  My entire focus was on the dog and attending to his needs. The last thing I would have thought about doing is getting on social media to share what we were going through with friends, acquaintances, and probably for the most part a bunch of strangers.  That woman seems addicted to attention.  I think I understand why she stays on this show despite her successes in other areas.  Cameras!

I did take a video of my dog Pixel having a seizure once. But she had had them before, and my vet asked me to film one, so he could see it, for help with diagnosis. As obviously, Pix couldn't have one in front of him, on command. My first thought was that's what Bethany was doing. But I never posted it on Facebook or would think of filming myself in The intense grief I have suffered, through the loss of all my beloved pets. That clip of her crying was genuine. but filming it and posting it was strange.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

Normally I'd agree with you but with these people in this situation, I think it's helpful.  People in Beth's circle tend to compete with one another.  Saying how much someone gave goads others into giving as much, if not more, than that.   People in PR are still dying.   If being "tacky" saves lives, I'm not mad at her.

Amen.  At the end of the day, Bethenny, for better or for worse, lives her life in the public eye.  She puts it all out there, flaws and all, so I don't see why she can't highlight the good!  What she did was truly inspiring IMO and I don't understand why she has to be quiet about it.  I mean, she was pretty factual about what happened and kind of her awe at how big it got.  She didn't take all the credit and she didn't demure and shy away from stating what she actually got accomplished.  She has every right to B Proud.  (yeah, I did it!  lol)

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Dorinda, LuAnn and Sonja have a drinking problem...big time. Dorinda becomes a mean drunk with zero filters. LuAnn is a sloppy drunk...stumbling around, falling. Sonja gets very sexual and hits on everyone, including the other women on the show. They drink as much, if not more, than a college coed.  Middle age women who drink as much as they do make themselves susceptible to liver damage, cancers (particularly breast cancer) and other diseases that are linked to heavy alcohol use. 

One of the things that is so glaringly obvious with these women is the competition between them all with their business projects and "careers"... case in point the cat fight between Ramona and Bethenny at the Halloween party over the location of the property Bethenny bought for a flipper house. Ramona arguing with Bethenny over this was embarrassing and immature...it showed how jealous Ramona is of Bethenny's empire. None of these women seem to be genuinely happy for each other when they succeed in a career move or even in the romance department. They really don't support one another very much...interesting that there is a rift between Carole and Bethenny. My impression is that Bethenny is jealous of the friendship between Tinsley and Carole. Bethenny has issues and seems to be a "user" type of person. When she's done using someone she becomes combative and then discards them. 

What no Ramona?   I think Ramona is at the top of the list and her drinking behavior has on more than one occasion be a bone of contention.  I am glad someone is pointing the health risks associated with woman and alcohol.  Obviously Luann has decided to go to rehab and give up drinking the results to her physical appearance have been close to facelift level.

A couple of years ago the show became quite boring with launch after launch of a RH product.  Respectfully, I disagree about the Montauk Highway property. I would give my real estate investing dollars to Ramona to invest before I would Bethenny. Bethenny seems to be buying properties but there has not been a really successful flip in her portfolio.  One example would be her Mercer Street apartment that she paid $4.2 million for, totally renovated it (around $500,000.00) then listed it for $5.25 million, it sat and was reduced to $4.5, and still didn't sell.  I believe what Ramona is taking Bethenny to task for is her "know it all" attitude.  Ramona has had a home in the Hamptons for years and knows the dividing line where it is an it property and a just okay property.  Plus Ramona has been an elitist and snob for the past 35 years.

The only time they are happy for someone in the romance department is when the one showing happiness is in a relationship.  Last year at the Reunion, they were all in relationships and except for the general Tom hate, expressed being happy for each other.  Once they are back on the market they get pretty catty about the other women's choices.  I am excepting Luann as she has not fallen down that hole since Adam, and in spite of apologizing and being encouraging it will always be about how Luann insulted Carole and Adam's relationship.  

Bethenny is jealous of everyone's friendships unless she is first in line or provide her with camera time.  She wants people to need her as a friend so she can squash them like a bug for her own entertainment, when they appear needy. 

I came across rich people problems quotes from some of the women:  “With a new office, new apt & new property in the Hamptons, I am doing 4 renovations & 3 moves simultaneously….,” Bethenny Frankel revealed on Twitter. When people wrote that she had a rich-people problem, Frankel replied with, “I am rich and I do have problems. Is that going to be okay with you? Should I stop working like a dog & wish myself poor?”  

Sorry, why does Bethenny have to work do hard?  She should be in mailbox money territory by now.

Then there is Tinsley:  “I was in a very weak point last season. And honestly, I was a little embarrassed about it because people don’t know who I am, and when I joined the show I was at a very, very low point,” . . . continues with

Mortimer explained that she made the decision to join the cast of the iconic Bravo series thinking that appearing on the “Housewives” would help her re-acclimate to her old New York life. But she admitted that the show didn’t help in the way she expected.

“I thought the show would have got me back to my girlfriends and all the things that I did before, but being on the show was actually the opposite,” she explained. “I’m grateful for all of it, but it put me in a different situation where I was actually so busy and working so hard — it’s hard.”

Tinsley the world did know you as a washed up "it girl", failed reality star who had been arrested for stalking her boyfriend.  

Tinsley isn't even original enough to find her own foes.  She decided to camp on the Carole's nemesis Luann.  What did Luann ever do to Tinsley?  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

So nobody mentioned John asking Tinsley if she was a virgin. Of all the suspect things he's said, this has to be the most disgusting.

I did. In my very first post. I said that his comment almost made me throw up. 

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Context matters. Tinsley was dressed as Madonna from her Like a Virgin video.

That was apparent. It still didn't mean John needed to make a lecherous comment. He was just using that as a reason to say something inappropriate....as he always does. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That was apparent. It still didn't mean John needed to make a lecherous comment. He was just using that as a reason to say something appropriate....as he always does. 

John is very skeevy.  I feel like I need a shower most times after he's on screen.

I still would like to know how Ramona went to the bathroom in her Britney Spears costume.  That thing was painted on and could not have been easy to get in to or out of.  Wonder if she used... what was it that Erika's glam squad said...? Oh yeah...  baby powder and vaseline.  Eww. 

• Love 10
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That was apparent. It still didn't mean John needed to make a lecherous comment. He was just using that as a reason to say something inappropriate....as he always does. 

I just dont consider it a lecherous comment, a misrememberibg of the song perhaps but not lecherous and Tinsley clearly didn't either.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I just dont consider it a lecherous comment, a misrememberibg of the song perhaps but not lecherous and Tinsley clearly didn't either.

I considered it a "sly" way for John to ask another woman an inappropriate sexual question. Like when he asked LuAnn if the phone was moist. He's always looking for a way to slip that kind of crap into the conversation. I can't say what Tinsley thought. Sadly, some women are just used to laughing that kind of thing off. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

I considered it a "sly" way for John to ask another woman an inappropriate sexual question. Like when he asked LuAnn if the phone was moist. He's always looking for a way to slip that kind of crap into the conversation. I can't say what Tinsley thought. Sadly, some women are just used to laughing that kind of thing off. 

She's a 40 plus year old divorcee it was clearly a joke based on costume.

• Love 14

Ramona's costume was my favorite. Hair, make-up, perfection.

It was strange that Sonja didn't approach the group.  But when Dorinda in her TH asks in a baby voice:  "Was Wocco afwaid to come over and say hawwo to us?", alls I could think of was:

Um, yeah, Dorinda.  When you're drunk and loudly aggressive, you are frightening.  Hide the knives.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Let’s not get carried away. She had her first open house, less than a month ago. Lol. That does not quite make a career.

However, I wish her good luck in her new endeavor.

I can see her trying to upsell some of her specialty furniture to prospective house hunters

creative-sofa-teddy-bear.jpg

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

I still would like to know how Ramona went to the bathroom in her Britney Spears costume.  That thing was painted on and could not have been easy to get in to or out of.  Wonder if she used... what was it that Erika's glam squad said...? Oh yeah...  baby powder and vaseline.  Eww. 

Ha, this makes me think of the episode of friends when Ross wore the leather pants. "The lotion and the power have made a paste!"

On another topic, why was Ramona wearing a headset mic and carrying a mic?

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I agree. This is the best housewives cast ever put together.

It's like we're constantly watching seven feuding sisters at a family reunion.

Carole is the oldest sister who left her hometown, went to college, got an important job,  so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Ramona is the sister who married (shotgun style) the high school quarterback whose family owns a successful supermarket chain and so  thinks she's better than her sisters.

Luann is the parents' favorite because she presents well, got good grades, and married the "safe" boyfriend. She's also fucked all of her sisters' men at some point and so, because of this glorious feat, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Sonja is the sister who peaked in high school in every way possible. She's now living back in the parents' house and acting as their caretaker. She knows she's getting the family house and 1998 Ford Explorer in the will, and so thinks she better than her sisters.

Tinsley is the baby of the family. Although she's immature, she's mostly harmless. Everyone works to not upset her because they don't want to deal with fall out. Since everyone is nice to her 24/7, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Bethenny was adopted at age 4. She refuses to ask for or take anyone's advice or help. She spends most her time on her phone because fuck you Carole she's got an important job too! She doesn't share DNA with any of these wackos, so she thinks she's better than her sisters

Dorinda is the problem child. She no longer remembers how many times she's been arrested and is always begging for bail money. Even though she is always in trouble and no one can stand her, she, unlike the others, is always supportive and comes through for her family, so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

had to go back for this one for dessert!

giphy.gif

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I agree. It was the costume, it's John's personality, it's friends being funny with each other. 

If it had come from that cutie, Eric, (Carole's friend), I wonder if it would have seemed less offensive. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Poor John is the last man standing on the show cut him some slack. How are John's comments any different than say Carole's asking another woman about butt sex? Or worse claiming (and much later admitting she lied) to witnessing butt sex? Or the hundred or so comments Bethenny makes about breasts and genitalia both male and female?  Why wouldn't Tinsley laugh it off-it wasn't particularly  original or funny-just in theme with the costume.  

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, MinorL said:

Ha, this makes me think of the episode of friends when Ross wore the leather pants. "The lotion and the powered have made a paste!"

Hah!...add some heated butter to make roux

I think the headset mic was part of the Britney costume.

I thought the mic was Luann's

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Poor John is the last man standing on the show cut him some slack. How are John's comments any different than say Carole's asking another woman about butt sex? Or worse claiming (and much later admitting she lied) to witnessing butt sex? Or the hundred or so comments Bethenny makes about breasts and genitalia both male and female?  Why wouldn't Tinsley laugh it off-it wasn't particularly  original or funny-just in theme with the costume.  

I never said they were. I find all of the above vulgar as well. But the way John acts, he seems like he wants to have sex with everyone. It just came across really creepy, to me. I respect if others don't see it that way, but I'm never going to cut John any slack, because I find him to be a really disgusting person. 

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Poor John is the last man standing on the show cut him some slack. 

I'm cutting him some slack, because if it wasn't for him, Dorinda would have sucked down 3 or 7 more blood orange martinis and then blubbered all over Bethenny. Leaving a trail of tears,  dignity and plastic balls in her wake.

I'm eternally grateful to John.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 16
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

I stand by my opinions and I am out! ?

Stay a minute -- I'm serving cocktails -- a new classic!

The Dead or Alive (serves six)

Combine twelve bottles of Pinot Grigio with seventeen bottles of Skinnygirl White Cosmo.

Add thirteen bottles of Cake vodka and one sliced red apple.

Mix. 

As you pour,  let your red dress 'accidentally' fall to the floor.

Garnish with paper umbrella reading "West Palm Beach Jail."

Best served over shaved ice and hot grudges ; )

sonja dress.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

because I find him to be a really disgusting person. 

Like you, I always thought him to be pretty disgusting too. Back when I used to like Dorinda, ('used to' being the operative words) I couldn't fathom what she saw in him so I looked at his Instagram page and I softened toward him. Call me a pushover, but he's seems to be very good to his mother.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MinorL said:

Ah, that makes more sense.

Funny little bit of mischief from the Bravo Editors.

The mic Luann brought in was a prop, not real.

While Ramona had the mic in her hands...the editors went back in and raised the volume of Ramona talking...so when we the audience saw it..it seemed like a real working mic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Ouch!

did it really take that long for Carole to figure out that Beth was gossipy, competitive and mean spirited????

Ohhh, you in danger, girl.

Carole brings the sauce!

I'm taking this over to her thread because it needs a little love.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MinorL said:

Ha, this makes me think of the episode of friends when Ross wore the leather pants. "The lotion and the power have made a paste!"

On rewatch, both Ramona and Luann walked in with a mic.  And Ramona had the headset mic.  I’m sure she didn’t even realize the redundancy.  Oh Ramona, never change! 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

On rewatch, both Ramona and Luann walked in with a mic.

Thanks for clearing that up!!  Yeah, Ramona is a nut, but this show wouldn't be the same without her, IMO.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Please watch this whole clip if you get a chance.  It articulates (properly, imo) what we've been going back and forth about for pages now.  Simply:  Race is not a costume.   As to intention, listen closely at the 3:28 mark. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ltlgca/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-reminder--race-is-not-a-costume

This clip is everything! Thanks ZaldamoWilder!

I feel much less like forming a wolfpack and wilding now.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I never said they were. I find all of the above vulgar as well. But the way John acts, he seems like he wants to have sex with everyone. It just came across really creepy, to me. I respect if others don't see it that way, but I'm never going to cut John any slack, because I find him to be a really disgusting person. 

Fair enough-I wasn't really asking you to cut John some slack-it was poorly worded on my part.  You certainly have every right to find John disgusting and express your opinion.

• Love 5

Waving to SuprSuprElevated! I love the little pictures you come up with for your profile picture! 

Just for the record, and so nobody thinks I'm that out of touch (lol),  I knew she was so supposed to be Britney Spears, but I couldn't help but think of Mork's costume with those silver boots!  

But the way John acts, he seems like he wants to have sex with everyone. It just came across really creepy, to me.

Yeah, he gives me the heebie jeebies too.  Once a man says something crass to a woman, even if he says something else in jest, I will always see him as that pervert trying to get into some unsuspecting woman's pants.  I've seen this all too often in my lifetime, and those kinds of men just don't change.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LIMOM said:

While I would like to believe Lu, this is clearly bullshit. In all the past ten years, she has never been that dark.

There was full body bronzer. It was deliberate and gross.  And the Afro was ridiculous. It wasn't a homage it was something else. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I knew she was so supposed to be Britney Spears, but I couldn't help but think of Mork's costume with those silver boots!

Oh I wasn't trying to correct you - just seemed like a good place to put that photo, since I didn't think I had seen anyone post it, and for those who may not have been familiar with the video.  

I love this little avitar guy too!  I get no credit, kadooz to the innerwebs.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Stay a minute -- I'm serving cocktails -- a new classic!

The Dead or Alive (serves six)

Combine twelve bottles of Pinot Grigio with seventeen bottles of Skinnygirl White Cosmo.

Add thirteen bottles of Cake vodka and one sliced red apple.

Mix. 

As you pour,  let your red dress 'accidentally' fall to the floor.

Garnish with paper umbrella reading "West Palm Beach Jail."

Best served over shaved ice and hot grudges ; )

sonja dress.jpg

Who’s this?   Lawd.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

On rewatch, both Ramona and Luann walked in with a mic.  And Ramona had the headset mic.  I’m sure she didn’t even realize the redundancy.  Oh Ramona, never change! 

Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind. :) 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:
21 hours ago, SCS said:

And....what?  I mean this nicely and it is of course only my opinion but unless someone on the show has been brought up on charges discrimination litigation, the courts  and law policy and so on are completely irrelevant. I'd wager 95% of viewers watch this stuff for house and clothes and vacation porn but also to chuckle because of the ways these women behave with their institutional biases and ignorance. If law and policy were germane to these shows Ramona and Tamra and Teresa G and Danielle and the nasty loud little bitch from Miami who punched a cast mate and LeeAnn from Texas who seems borderline psychotic and Nene and Porsha and -- did I miss anyone-- would all have been brought up on assault charges. Compared to some of this stuff sundry HWs shows have aired, Lu's behavior tells us only that she's an asshole. Surprise. Who knew? It's just not that deep.

Isn't that part of the show's purpose -- to let us enjoy these dames and their privilege and their ridiculous, sometimes delusional self-importance?

I thank you.

Law and policy is germane to the shows.   Ask Theresa and Guissepe Guidice and Apollo Naida.   As a result of their criminal activities, some of the resulting evidence of which was captured in episodes, they brought scrutiny and federal investigators closer to their doorstep.   We don't see them brought up on assault because, presumably, contracts bar them from pressing those charges against each other.   I think who's doing the interpreting makes a difference but it is/can be that deep.   

But my reply that you're quoting was in response to another post in which discrimination litigation, the courts  and law policy were being referenced in relation to Lu's ridiculous self-bronzing job, a connection that I don't see. My reason for bringing in Ramona et al is simply that all the peeps I mentioned have engaged in behaviors more in keeping with the law and courts. I cannot comment to Apollo as I had checked out of ATL before his stuff went down and don't know enough about what he did ( I visit that thread rarely, usually when someone mentions something that sounds interesting). As for Teresa G, I was actually thinking of some of her aggressive actions eg, chasing Danielle through the club or flinging Andy about, not the Giudices' financial crimes, punishment for which may very well have been hastened by the show but not the primary reason they got busted since they could have been on the Feds' radar for awhile (<< that was a rambling sentence, sorry!)

Re the Bravo contract: Every so often the idea that the women can't sue each other comes up; however, contracts can be invalidated if the plaintiff's atty can prove a valid reason to do so.  A friend actually signed that manner of contract and sued (successfully) after she was assaulted in a work situation. She told me the premise was based on surprise -- that she had signed the contract with the very reasonable belief that she was safe from assault and clearly was not. I am sure there are attorneys and others on here who can explain it better ( @Celia Rubenstein, I have no idea if you're an atty but you sure as hell have a solid grasp on legalities so your input is always welcome!) I wonder if these women don't push it because they would lose their employment and be thrust back into anonymity and has-been status, which, for most of them, would be like a little death. Also the more current contracts may indicate up front that the signee is at risk of assault, which, if accurate,  is just all kinds of weird that anyone would agree to that.

So, for me, it's not that deep but I agree with you that individual interpretation plays a big part.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

cooter flashing truck stop floozy

If somebody doesn't use that phrase to make a platinum record, I don't know anything about music. Gold I tell ya. Or well yea platinum....

• Love 7

Ouch!

did it really take that long for Carole to figure out that Beth was gossipy, competitive and mean spirited????

Bethenny is the best of friends to Carole:  she is willing to participate in Carole's drama to keep her dear friend on the show.  These fights are all FAKE and Carole, bless her lazy ass, has NO OTHER STORY.  Andy is desperate to keep her on the show--she does half of the THs and her comments are usually smart and/or funny.  

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

If somebody doesn't use that phrase to make a platinum record, I don't know anything about music. Gold I tell ya. Or well yea platinum....

Luann announced she is coming out with new cough cough music with the help of Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters

Maybe we can suggest lyrics/titles:

I've got snatch guard duties to that cooter flashing truck stop floozy

Can you believe it girls? I finally made it to Palm Beach - jail that is.

We'll find a room to use just look for the Maid Trolley.

Mug Shot Ettiquette

anigif_enhanced-11988-1435159449-2.gif?d

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I wasn't sure how many quotes you can post before you reach capacity, but I did know this would be the thread to find out in.   I missed ya'll!  These tv heffas too, but RHONY board lovies?   Shiiiid, this ain't nothing but a family reunion.   I really missed ya'll.   Let's get it. 

As far as I'm concerned, take all the space you want, ZaldamoWilder!  That was hilarious!  (Of course, the rules might say differently.)  ;)    Welcome back to the craziness that is the RHONY.   I'm hoping that Dorinda will say "Clip! Clip!" at least once this season.

• Love 11