Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S10.E01: Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Carole seems pretty enamored with George here, calling him her hero and flirting with him:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/videos/caroles-first-squirting-orgasm

Remember when at Dorinda's Halloween party when John leans into Tinsley, looks deeply into her eyes and with a suggestive, conspiratorial tone asks, "When was the last time you had sex? Was it with yourself or someone else?"...

Oh, wait.  That was Carole asking George at Aviva's dinner party.

Waaaay more cringey than John asking Tinsley, dressed in a Madonna costume, if she was supposed to be a virgin. Way.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Remember when at Dorinda's Halloween party when John leans into Tinsley, looks deeply into her eyes and with a suggestive, conspiratorial tone asks, "When was the last time you had sex? Was it with yourself or someone else?"...

Oh, wait.  That was Carole asking George at Aviva's dinner party.

Waaaay more cringey than John asking Tinsley, dressed in a Madonna costume, if she was supposed to be a virgin. Way.

You know that if it had been Luann who had said that to George, Carole would have snarked on it endlessly and we would still be hearing about it.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Waaaay more cringey than John asking Tinsley, dressed in a Madonna costume, if she was supposed to be a virgin. Way.

I think it depends who is being asked. George probably enjoyed it. Tinsley maybe not so much.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Minzy said:

I think it depends who is being asked. George probably enjoyed it. Tinsley maybe not so much.

For me, it's not about if they enjoyed it or not. It's about the double standard. Did anybody see Katy Perry kiss that contestant on American Idol?  The kid clearly didn't want it or like it. But a lot of the public thought it was cute. If Simon had forced a mouth kiss on a young woman - a kiss virgin, no less - boy howdy, we'd be calling for his head. Rightfully so.

Also, when Beth looked at John's SWAT costume and said,  "That's kind of hot."  Is that different from a guy saying it to a woman he's barely friends with?  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure I would equate the George/Tinsley situation with the Katy Perry situation (and she did get quite a bit of flack for it as well).

I'm not sure what Bethenny said was that bad, had it been said by a man or a woman to someone they hve known for years at this point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Want to thank you all for watching and commenting. I’m interested in what these whacko’s are up to, but I tried to watch on-demand last night, and without the ability to fast-forward, found the first 5 minutes or so desperately, slowly, lame!!!  

Reading your commentary is way more fun than actually looking at the show! Andy should pay all of YOU!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Carole, first season, came on almost Sonja Morganish.  The sexual jokes, flirting with Mario, the young guy in the store, her comments to George.  DIdn't she also say something like "how do my tits look in this..." Or something like that when Aviva was fangirling her upon first meeting her?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Minzy said:

I'm not sure what Bethenny said was that bad, had it been said by a man or a woman to someone they hve known for years at this point.

I didn't think what Bethenny said was bad either. Nor, did I think what John said to Tinsley was bad. I'm just questioning the double standard. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see it as a double standard, though, they were both said different things to people they had different relationships with. I don't equate what was said.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

For me, there's no male v. female double standard. It's about the PERSON. Sonja, George, John, Bethenny....they ALL often say bawdy, sexual things. Tinsley isn't really like that. Neither was Kristen. I think you have to know your audience. Just like I will curse up a storm around my friends, but not in front of my grandparents. 

I just don't think it's all so black and white. Touching is more clear. Don't put your hands on someone without permission. The things you say, it's more fluid. And it does have to do with how well you know someone, and what kind of person they are. I, personally, was squicked out by John's comment to Tinsley because she doesn't strike me as the type of person who engages in that kind of banter, and I also find John to be eternally sleazy. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I apologize if this has been answered already, but can anyone explain to me why the title is "Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun" as opposed to "Ghouls?"  It's driving me crazy (er).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

I apologize if this has been answered already, but can anyone explain to me why the title is "Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun" as opposed to "Ghouls?"  It's driving me crazy (er).

Given my username, it bothers me too!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jaync said:

It's just a typo, apparently, as "ghouls" is spelled correctly elsewhere.

It was also Gouls on my Tivo.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, diadochokinesis said:

But you have to consider that Lu was being complicit by staying with the Count all those years knowing that he was an anti-Semite.  It tends to give off the idea that she is ok with anti-Semitism.  For example, I couldn't marry a racist because I abhor those values.  I couldn't even be friends with a racist. 

 Maybe she was complicit by staying married to him, but certainly they met and married so fast she likely had no idea of his views before becoming his wife.  We don't even know if this was something that he felt/believed but that never affected their marriage (because he didn't make a thing of it in their everyday lives, i.e. he wasn't ranting and raving at home or in public about his opinions about Jews).  It's very different from knowing in advance that someone has different values (or no values) and you marry them anyway. 

Edited by Mrs peel · Reason: took out some personal stuff
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, jaync said:

It's just a typo, apparently, as "ghouls" is spelled correctly elsewhere.

 

23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was also Gouls on my Tivo.

And on tvdb.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

 Maybe she was complicit by staying married to him, but certainly they met and married so fast she likely had no idea of his views before becoming his wife.  We don't even know if this was something that he felt/believed but that never affected their marriage (because he didn't make a thing of it in their everyday lives, i.e. he wasn't ranting and raving at home or in public about his opinions about Jews).  It's very different from knowing in advance that someone has different values (or no values) and you marry them anyway. 

She married him in 1993 and they stayed married until 2009.  At some point, in 16 years, she figured out that he was an anti-semite. Now, I don't need someone to be ranting and raving for it to be a dealbreaker for me.  The fact that the belief is there is enough for it to be a no go.  Someone doesn't have to be actively lynching people for their racism to be an issue in a relationship/friendship. Yes, people frequently suffer from biases. However, there is a difference between a bias and full blown anti-semite. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Ramona really cheaped out on her donation to PR efforts. No wonder she’s mad at Bethenney for exposing how miserly she is unless it’s herself. 

Carole is looking all sorts of ratchet these days. She needs to either decide she’s too good for this show and leave or stop acting like a stuck up pisspot. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Ramona really cheaped out on her donation to PR efforts. No wonder she’s mad at Bethenney for exposing how miserly she is unless it’s herself. 

Carole is looking all sorts of ratchet these days. She needs to either decide she’s too good for this show and leave or stop acting like a stuck up pisspot. 

What we don't know, is the extent of any donations she may have given to other charities, whether or not for Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts.  How much is enough?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

 

Ramona really cheaped out on her donation to PR efforts. No wonder she’s mad at Bethenney for exposing how miserly she is unless it’s herself. 

 

Hahaha, then she should have kept her mouth shut.  Both Tinsley and Ramona responded with the $ amount when asked.  There were questions to B on SM asking if they were telling the truth.  B was very diplomatic saying all help is help.  Everyone’s contribution is great.  She originally did highlight Tinsley as being the first person to say, here is something to help.  She said Tinsley really made what she was doing real. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, esco1822 said:

I love you for this. One of my favorite episodes of all time. I of course thought of this:

tumblr_mmrb8vXxOU1s72k2ho1_400.gif

OMG! And this is why I love this site! You guys are awesome! 

So glad NY is back,  these women are the gift that keeps on giving! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

And we talked about Louann's hair for 13 pages. Next episode she is sporting "Prison hair" ala Janelle Evans and Amber Portwood! And why is she saying she's been to prison? Nope. Not yet. Your ass was booked in and out of a local JAIL. Welcome back RHoNYC! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 12:31 AM, diadochokinesis said:

She married him in 1993 and they stayed married until 2009.  At some point, in 16 years, she figured out that he was an anti-semite. Now, I don't need someone to be ranting and raving for it to be a dealbreaker for me.  The fact that the belief is there is enough for it to be a no go.  Someone doesn't have to be actively lynching people for their racism to be an issue in a relationship/friendship. Yes, people frequently suffer from biases. However, there is a difference between a bias and full blown anti-semite. 

Well Luann never said he was an anti-semite, let alone full blown.  Maybe it was something he revealed late in the marriage.  Maybe Luann misspoke about his feelings.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

What we don't know, is the extent of any donations she may have given to other charities, whether or not for Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts.  How much is enough?

I can't stand Ramona for oh so many reasons,  but she donated,  and as you said we don't know where else she donated, and even if she didn't donate somewhere else,  she did this. It was a good thing. B didn't need to give the $$$ amount. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well Luann never said he was an anti-semite, let alone full blown.  Maybe it was something he revealed late in the marriage.  Maybe Luann misspoke about his feelings.  

Zoeysmom, while I don't personally know the Count is antisemitic, I will say this: I worked in France & was absolutely shocked by how many people openly were. :-(

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

Zoeysmom, while I don't personally know the Count is antisemitic, I will say this: I worked in France & was absolutely shocked by how many people openly were. :-(

This. Especially from his social class and his age.

And it is in your face. Same goes with sentiment against Muslim.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, zoeysmom said:

Afro Love in the 70’s

Diana Ross may be singlehandedly responsible for the sales of more afro wigs than any other person alive. When she rocked her 70’s fro, it was large, in charge, glorious and glamorous.   https://www.essence.com/galleries/super-natural-afrobella-her-fave-diana-ross-hair-moments#534346

Maybe Luann was channeling 70's Diana Ross.  I didn't think Luann was trying to mock Diana Ross, anymore than Dorinda was mocking Lady Gaga or Ramona mocking Sritney spears.  To me accusing Luann of "blackface" is not within the traditional meaning.   It looked to me like Luann wanted a big headdress, a tight dress and an even bigger entrance.

Why is Carole so unhappy?  For some who is so down on others for being judgmental it does not stop with her.  Lighten up Carole.

Thank you ZM, I thought I had lost all my memory (or my mind!) with some posters saying that an afro is not a representation Diana Ross.  I thought I remembered her changing up her look often, but I know she did wear her hair that way.  I think of her supremes look and then the 80s Diana.  I don’t remember, but I recall Mahogany was around that time, that’s what I associate with her look at the time.  (Or that time frame...)

Many famous entertainers/actors have changed their looks over the years.  I still think of early Elton John, understated, then his whacky outfits...younger people may only know him in his track outfits/oversized jackets/leisure wear style of recent years.

It’s a Halloween costume, not a period piece or Broadway costume.  I can’t identify most people’s attempts of looking like someone else on Halloween, because you usually need an SNL costume designer to rescue you (ahem Dorinda) to create a costume that actually resembles someone famous, that accomplishes the look you are going for...

I do agree with the poster who said she would have made a better Cher.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

-The intro tag-lines may be worse than any other season. Don't they have actual writers on this show?

-Ramona looks like Joan Rivers. 

-I'm no Sonja fan, but I'm pretty sure it's the host's responsibility to greet a guest and not vice versa. 

-Totally tacky and rude to zoom in on Sonja's stomach chub. I wonder who in production she pissed off. 

-Carole is the worst.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2018 at 3:52 AM, BBHN said:

Nothing wrong going as a non-Caucasian singer, she just needed to be more aware of how certain things would be perceived.

If she really wanted to go as Diana Ross, she should have done something a bit more well known. Big hair, a sequined 70s style dress, and maybe a matching feather boa.

Something like this...

GettyImages-467371982.jpg?itok=zcyTaET8&

Oh but then she'd be "appropriating" the hair. Someone is always finding something to be offended over. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

Oh but then she'd be "appropriating" the hair. Someone is always finding something to be offended over. 

I'm offended that she did a full body bronze and that she chose a ridiculous Afro. The Countess hasn't shown herself to be anything but a snob and racially insensitive, at the best, in the past. So no. She doesn't get a pass on this. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, bosawks said:

Lu trying to convince herself that Carole gives a shit about anything she does  is one of my favorite parts of this shitshow.

So just me and all these bitches can be interpreted in many ways, but I think Carole gives a ton of shits about what Luanne does. It may be out of spite and hoping Luanne fails, but disliking Luanne has always seemed like Carole’s hobby to me. 

Speaking of, Do you wish you could be insincere? Do you really, Carole? Let me tell you how insincere statements like that sound! God she is so far into Bitch Eating Crackers territory for me, I can’t even judge my own reactions. I just can’t stand her. She’s what I think Arianna from Vander Pump Rules is going to become.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2018 at 6:52 PM, mwell345 said:

 

I also thought party guests were supposed to come as a living famous person.  LuAnn was way off (in more ways than one) as Diana Ross. 

 

But Diana Ross IS still living......

On 4/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, artisto said:

Or this:

5ac61a2e4b3ee_download(1).jpg.411cf661a7a0caafbb2abd69f6ea38bb.jpgPerfection

I would actually say that is Diana Ross paying an homage to Billie Holiday that is definitely an iconic BH look--the iconic Diana Ross look is the long hair in my humble opinion 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2018 at 3:36 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm offended that she did a full body bronze and that she chose a ridiculous Afro. The Countess hasn't shown herself to be anything but a snob and racially insensitive, at the best, in the past. So no. She doesn't get a pass on this. 

Agreed. I don't think it's anything unusual or out of the norm to be offended by either. Hardly falls under the category of "actively seeking things to be offended by" IMO- more like "things I thought were commonly known to be offensive for $200 Alex".

 

Ah, Ramona as Britney cracks me up. Still bored by Tinsley.

Edited by Granimal
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×