Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

All the way to the bank.  The ink alone that she receives across the media spectrum will keep her in Louboutins.

I know she made a lot of money of reality tv & used her fame to help sell her products.

However, do people buy her products if they hate her personality on TV?

I admit to buying some of her alcohol drinks. They were OK but i wouldn't go out of my way to buy Skinny Girl Chardonnay or Margarita Mix.

Bethenny reminds me of JR Ewing on Dallas. She's a" love to hate" character.

I suspect much of the plot lines this season will be watching some of the other ladies try & take down Bethenny. Will it work?

• Love 2

Someone must be buying whatever she is selling. And in good amounts, also.

Ramona I guess tried to take her down last season, sort of. Not as quite as hard as Jill tried in Season 3. Much as with the BH trying to take down LVP, it gets boring after a while.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BBHN said:

For a second I misread that as Mrs. Wiggum and thought of Chief Wiggum's wife...

latest?cb=20130424144039

Yeah, that was all pretty much on Jill.

And as Bobby said, he stood with Jill, even after finding out what she did (she is his wife, after all). I think it would have been awkward for all three of them if Bethenny continued to see Bobby without Jill being there.

Ramona walks like Mrs Whiggins and Bethenny reacts to Ramona like Mr. Tudball

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, BBHN said:

That doesn't mean either of them are in a rush to have her on the show.

Ditto.

Based on...? I mean, yes, she and Dorinda bonded over that, but it's different when it's someone who is already on the show, plus someone who isn't.

I'll stand by mine as well.

I'd say she has as many people who like her as they do dislike her.

Bethenny will always have a spot on RHONY. The majority of the SM chatter is about Bethenny. One of the biggest examples would be Bobby's death - look to the chatter on these boards and how much was spoken about Bobby versus what Bethenny brought to Shiva

Now if suddenly everyone stopped talking about Bethenny good or bad - then I could see Bravo reconsidering renewing a contract.

If Bethenny decided to sell the rest of her SG empire - I could see her leaving after a few years to satisfy promoting/advertising the brand to the new owner, After that I could see her leaving. If Bethenny keeps her SG empire - she will always be on RHONY - because this has always been the best fit to promote the brand. Other shows she appeared on Shark Tank, Bethenny Fredrik RE show - she can't really have SG in every scene like she can on RHONY

• Love 8

I admit that I want Jill to return to RHONYC. It would be interesting to see her life without Bobby. I think Ramona and Luann would welcome her back. Not sure about Carole or Dorinda -- do they even know each other?

• Love 10

I figured that they would at least be acquaintances from both traveling in the same circles. Not that I think she or Tinsley would have a problem with Jill anyway. Now that Carole doesn't have Bethenny's hand up her ass, moving her mouth and thinking for her, she might get along with her, too.

Unfortunately, I think that Andy hates Jill and it likely won't happen anyway.

• Love 3

Both Dorinda and Jill were at the dinner Luann and Tom had last season (Bobby was there as well).

Just because Carole is no longer friends with Bethenny doesn't mean she will have a contrarian attitude to everything Bethenny, likes, says, or does. 

• Love 3

Lets please all watch our tone when disagreeing. Additionally, the whole discussion of how Bethenny did what she did with regards to her donating money and time to the Puerto Rico hurricane disaster relief efforts was gone over in great detail in her thread as it was happening so we are dangerously close to dead horse territory on that issue. Let's discuss the episode at hand and not relive past differences of opinions again over and over for all time like the Housewives do.  

• Love 8
On 4/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Really, Luann? 

How could she think that costume was a good idea?

Seriously.  Wtf? That was horrifying. 

I know a lot of people criticize Bethenny for her instagram posts regarding Cookie,  and I get it.  But it still made me cry.  I just lost my kitty the same way,  so maybe that's why. When it's happening,  you don't think rationally. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Both Dorinda and Jill were at the dinner Luann and Tom had last season (Bobby was there as well).

Just because Carole is no longer friends with Bethenny doesn't mean she will have a contrarian attitude to everything Bethenny, likes, says, or does. 

I can see Jill making a cameo appearance like she did for the Luann Shammarriage. Back as a FT HW no - I don't see Bravo going down this path - production didn't like her then and now they no longer have Bobby as a buffer. Even if they hinted at bringing her back, I can see tensions rising amongst the ladies (Bethenny excluded). Adding Jill would most likely mean getting rid of one current HW.

At the dinner episode with Luann/Tom, Jill/Bobby, Dornda - they showed an old clip of RHONY where Jill hosted some lunch and Dorinda was there. I also remember in that clip - Dorinda not liking how Jill and Luann were talking about Ramona.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/6/2018 at 9:14 PM, Kaia40 said:

I'm already sick to death of Bitter Carole. She's never totally forgiven Luann for all of the stuff that went down when she and Adam first started dating and holding a grudge like that on a show like this is tiresome. It would have been a totally human thing for her to do to send Luann a text or something when she found out about the divorce.

Luann called Carole a pedophile. Show or not I would never speak to Luann again even if she offered an apology; I would struggle to be cordial. Fuck Luann--etiquette my ass.

Bethany's charity work is exactly what "put your money where your mouth is" means. 

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 17

Can I get a reminder of who was invited to LuAnn's nuptials? I know Dorinda was the maid of therefore making the lunch scene ridiculously fake and superficial, but which other ladies were on the guest list? If Carole was not, as I suspect, then I think she is relieved of consoling duties. In fact I agree LuAnn owes all of them an apology for her disdainful treatment of them when concerns were expressed.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Unfortunately, I think that Andy hates Jill and it likely won't happen anyway.

Hate may or may not be the right word, but it does appear that she burned that bridge.  Regardless of what I think of AC's humanity, he is shrewd about reality television, and if he thinks money can be made by Jill's return, it's possible I suppose.  

• Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, zoeysmom said:

It's actually on the south side.  The Topping Rose hotel/restaurant is on the north side.  The map is upside down.  I have been to the restaurant a few times. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Luann called Carole a pedophile. Show or not I would never speak to Luann again even if she offered an apology there would struggle to even be cordial. Fuck Luann--etiquette my ass.

Well, that's because you're normal.  LOL  Beth called Luann a complete whore, a slut, a snake...I think there's more but not necessarily in that order.  That's what they do to keep their jobs.  They suck it up.  A lot.  Their ability to suck is great. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Can I get a reminder of who was invited to LuAnn's nuptials? 

From the current HWs, I believe only Dorinda. She was definitely the only current HW who attended.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Well, that's because you're normal.  LOL  Beth called Luann a complete whore, a slut, a snake...I think there's more but not necessarily in that order.  That's what they do to keep their jobs.  They suck it up.  A lot.  Their ability it suck is great. 

I don’t know, Ryebread .... she called her a ‘pedophile’ .... I couldn’t get passed that I don’t think.  

All the other name calling stuff I could get passed.  That one ... nope. 

And if my bonus was tied to the number of names the HWs called me I’d write up a list for each and everyone.  I’m nice that way but pedophile wouldn’t be in it. 

• Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I don’t know, Ryebread .... she called her a ‘pedophile’ .... I couldn’t get passed that I don’t think.  

Agreed.  I couldn't get past that either.  But for some reason, Carole is able to look beyond 'pedophile' and Lu is able to look beyond, 'complete whore' and continue to work together.  Even Danielle forgave Theresa for the ever classic, 'prostitution whore'.  Call it thick skin or desperation for "fame" or just that big Bravo paycheck.  

Personally, I'm not wired that way.  But to our amusement, they are.  To be honest, I don't mind the bickering but the name calling, slut shaming, etc. is unnecessary.  Especially for Women Who (claim to) Support Women.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

All the way to the bank.  The ink alone that she receives across the media spectrum will keep her in Louboutins.

Yep.  And this board isn't a true representation of the viewing public.  She's pretty hated here, but beloved in many other places.  Not many people get three Bravo shows if everyone hates them.  Count me as someone who likes her.  She does some cringy things sometimes, but what HW doesn't?  I think her entertainment value and wit far outweigh any negatives.  I know I'm not alone, or she wouldn't be as successful as she is.  

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Yep.  And this board isn't a true representation of the viewing public.  She's pretty hated here, but beloved in many other places.  Not many people get three Bravo shows if everyone hates them.  Count me as someone who likes her.  She does some cringy things sometimes, but what HW doesn't?  I think her entertainment value and wit far outweigh any negatives.  I know I'm not alone, or she wouldn't be as successful as she is.  

She does have her fans, that's for sure. She also had a failed talk show, a failed radio show and judging by the comments on the Beth/Fred message board a failed flipping real estate show.

To me she is terribly abrasive and nasty, but huge kudos to her for her fundraising work. I do respect that about her.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm not so sure anyone should go by her having other Bravo shows, she isn't the only HW to have a second show, there is also Kim Z/B from Atlanta/DbT as well. LOL

• Love 4

judging by the comments on the Beth/Fred message board a failed flipping real estate show

Lets be fair. Fredrik and Fredrik's personality are a huge part of the problem there. I stopped watching the NY flipping show because he's so irritating

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure anyone should go by her having other Bravo shows, she isn't the only HW to have a second show, there is also Kim Z/B from Atlanta/DbT as well. LOL

Lots of hate for LuAnn on the boards,  but she was the only housewife chosen for "Before They Were Housewives" which people seemed to enjoy.

8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Lets be fair. Fredrik and Fredrik's personality are a huge part of the problem there. I stopped watching the NY flipping show because he's so irritating

Yes, that is fair, there are folks who disliked Fred on the show, but to be fair many disliked Beth on the show as well. I don't think the failure of the show can be blamed on Fredrik alone.

• Love 8

Yes, that is fair, there are folks who disliked Fred on the show, but to be fair many disliked Beth on the show as well. I don't think the failure of the show can be blamed on Fredrik alone.

Agreed. Likewise, since Fredrik is known to be disliked and has his own obnoxious issues, I don't think the failure of the Beth and Fred show can be blamed on Bethenny alone. It was just a terrible idea. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Agreed. Likewise, since Fredrik is known to be disliked and has his own obnoxious issues, I don't think the failure of the Beth and Fred show can be blamed on Bethenny alone. It was just a terrible idea. 

Absolutely.  They are both obnoxious and together they came across as very scripted and phony. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Absolutely.  They are both obnoxious and together they came across as very scripted and phony. 

I hated that show and I like Frederick.  It was just a terrible.  So,  no,  I can't put the blame on Bethenny for it's failure. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

It was a terrible idea because Fredrick specializes in selling entire condo building projects. It is a waste of his time to work on a one unit flip.

Bethenny has some ideas about design but her lecturing Fredrik about pricing a unit was absurd.  Fredrick knows how to price a condo unit.

I also find it annoying how poorly she treated her & Fredrick's staff. She uses too much foul language.

• Love 8
On 4/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, QuinnM said:

No she said her father was dying and she was in CA.  AND Jill admitted that she said Bobby had to go to the hospital for a procedure.  That was all at Scary Island.  Bethenny found out it was cancer much later through the gossip pages.  Nope, this is on Jill and she will likely burn in hell for it.  Bobby stated after learning that Jill had lied to him as well that he stands with Jill.  So unless Bobby reached out to Bethenny the respectful thing is to not push her agenda while a family was dealing with someone dying.

This is on Jill.  She can never undo what she did.  And the fact that she planned it as a great RHONY story only makes it more ugly.

Exactly.....this was all on Jill, and it backfired.  She tried to back track with that lunch after Scary Island, but B was done.  I didn’t blame B one bit.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

To me she is terribly abrasive and nasty, but huge kudos to her for her fundraising work. I do respect that about her.

I always have admired Bethenny’s hustle; the woman works hard and truly deserves all her success. Skinny Girl was an awesome idea that she somehow turned into gold. She’s often scary bitchy but she can be oddly amusing with her snarky insights.

Could I be her friend? Oh hell no. But she does make for good TV and her overall success story is quite inspirational.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, lezlers said:

That gif has me dying.  :D   Yah, there's definitely rules about what to eat and when while you're racing or training long distances.   I know what sits well with me before a long run and what will have me wishing for death and I am FAR from an elite runner. 

I think that quick little scene of her running with her coach was them just messing around.  You're not usually smiling and giggling when you're training hard.  We know now that she finished the marathon so she did something right!  

She finished the race and that is definitely a huge accomplishment.

Do you think she'll continue?

She might be able to get a spot to promote running gear or Body Glide

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, GussieK said:

It's actually on the south side.  The Topping Rose hotel/restaurant is on the north side.  The map is upside down.  I have been to the restaurant a few times. 

I love it when people have actually been there and can comment! GussieK, I have 1 question, please:

Directly across Gardiners Bay there is another spit of land with towns including East Marion, Orient and Orient Point. Despite being oceanfront with probably glorious views, is that section a kind of no-man's land, ie, a place where Sonja would mock and Ramona wouldn't deign to dine -- maybe year-round locals? Clearly, it would be much more travel time from NYC. 

Living in SoCal, where so many of our oceanfront communities have been over-developed, I'm always curious how other places manage. 

Edited by SCS
Had 2 questions, looked more thoroughly and found the answer to one
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Luann called Carole a pedophile. Show or not I would never speak to Luann again even if she offered an apology; I would struggle to be cordial. Fuck Luann--etiquette my ass.

Bethany's charity work is exactly what "put your money where your mouth is" means. 

Luann never called Carole a pedophile to her face or on camera.  Heather reported to Carole that Luann called her a pedophile at an event Carole wasn't even attending.  How many times should Luann apologize?  It is not as if Carole has not made gross misrepresentations about other Real Housewives.  It is all in context about Carole dating a man 20 + years her junior.  I think it is far more heinous to claim you saw a co-worker "butt fucking" than a joke about dating a younger man for which Luann has apologized to Carole.  

I think Carole should ignore Luann and Bethenny.  Carole always needs to make someone else look bad to be relevant.  I m thankful Carole's marathon adventure concludes next week.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is far more heinous to claim you saw a co-worker "butt fucking"

Wasn't that what she said about Sonja while the cast was on holiday a few years ago? Sonja (judging from her on-camera antics over the years) probably enjoyed the comment, laughed wildly, guzzled 6 too-many drinks, climbed upon the nearest available bar and let her dress fall off.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Carole should ignore Luann and Bethenny.  Carole always needs to make someone else look bad to be relevant.  I m thankful Carole's marathon adventure concludes next week.

So Carole feels Bethenny gossips and is competitive?  I wonder if Carole’s issue is that someone, cough Adam, told Carole she was gossipy and competitive.  So Carole decides that it’s Bethenny’s fault?  I always thought that a lot of what went down with Aviva was about competition.  How many times did we hear Carole give us her superior credentials?  I can’t even count the gossip that she and Heather dished.

I’m on the Carole is attempting a story line now that she’s least the Adam story.  That’s why she is so czareful with her words.  She wants this for the season, not forever.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

no, you are not alone.  she's my favorite hw along with lvp, dorinda and ramona .   yes i do cringe at some of b's and ramona's antics.   never liked sonja and i can barely tolerate tinsley.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SCS said:

I love it when people have actually been there and can comment! GussieK, I have 1 question, please:

Directly across Gardiners Bay there is another spit of land with towns including East Marion, Orient and Orient Point. Despite being oceanfront with probably glorious views, is that section a kind of no-man's land, ie, a place where Sonja would mock and Ramona wouldn't deign to dine -- maybe year-round locals? Clearly, it would be much more travel time from NYC. 

Living in SoCal, where so many of our oceanfront communities have been over-developed, I'm always curious how other places manage. 

Very quick answer since it would be OT.   You're describing the tip of the North Fork. It's not oceanfront. It's bay front or Sound front. It's an utterly beautiful area with farms and  some summer communities.  Very little population. Sonja and Ramona wouldn't go there. No society parties or trendy hot spots.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ryebread said:

Well, that's because you're normal.  LOL  Beth called Luann a complete whore, a slut, a snake...I think there's more but not necessarily in that order.  That's what they do to keep their jobs.  They suck it up.  A lot.  Their ability to suck is great. 

Well, pedophile is also a more severe accusation because it is actually a crime.  Being a slut isn't a crime.  

9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Lots of hate for LuAnn on the boards,  but she was the only housewife chosen for "Before They Were Housewives" which people seemed to enjoy.

Disclaimer: I like both Fredrik and Bethenny. You can't blame the "failure" of the show on either one.  It was a gamble because you have two very strong personalities that are a love-hate type person.  And let's face it, they don't inspire people to just have kinda "meh" feelings on them.  It is vicious hatred that gets directed towards them.  So, even if someone likes Fredrik, it has to overcome the amount of hatred that they have for Bethenny (or vice-versa). It probably would have turned out differently if they would have changed one of the people in that equation. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, pedophile is also a more severe accusation because it is actually a crime.  Being a slut isn't a crime.  

Exactly.

I always thought that a lot of what went down with Aviva was about competition

That and Aviva was just...not right.

It probably would have turned out differently if they would have changed one of the people in that equation. 

Or maybe a third person to balance them out.

Still you don't get spin-offs if you aren't that popular...

Edited by Minzy
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Minzy said:

Still you don't get spin-offs if you aren't that popular...

If the spin off doesn't succeed, that tells something about your popularity. Beth and Fredrik maybe not as popular as they thought they were.

Yolanda's Making a Model, the last few episodes were dumped on a Sunday morning. Apparently she was not as popular as she thought she was. I believe that she worked very hard to sell that idea.

Somebody thought that Eddie and LeAnn were popular enough to carry a reality show.

Having your own reality show really doesn't mean much:

https://www.fame10.com/entertainment/8-reality-shows-that-failed-miserably/?streamview=all

• Love 6
(edited)

If the spin off doesn't succeed, that tells something about your popularity

Nah, not really. It probably means they just haven't found the right format, IMO.

3 seasons is pretty decent for a reality TV show.

I mean, who knew a show about Lisa Vanderpump baby-sitting a bunch of "pretty" STD factories would be a hit and last this long? Some formulas work, others don't.

Edited by Minzy
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Minzy said:

Nah, not really. It probably means they just haven't found the right format, IMO.

I mean, who knew a show about Lisa Vanderpump baby-sitting a bunch of "pretty" STD factories would be a hit? Some formulas work, others don't.

I am guessing that LVP and her crew are genuinely interesting enough to people to sustain a reality show. 

Bethenny and Fredrik, Yolanda, Eddie and LeAnne not so much.

Edited by Happy Camper
Last sentence
  • Love 3

I am guessing that LVP and her crew are genuinely interesting enough to people to sustain a reality show. 

Or it just means they found the right formula to attract viewers.

• Love 5