Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well when I said platinum I was kinda referring to albums sold not the color of Lu's funky and not-so-well fitting not quite wrapping around wrap skirt. But as a visual, it works.

And this is Lu, so probably.

ETA- *applause* for the lyrics.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's what I heard, too.

Not that it really matters, but a couple of people mentioned it here.  I honestly thought I heard dead OR alive, but not worth watching again to be sure.    I had trouble following the arguments (discussion) between Ramona and Bethenny.  What the heck were they fighting about anyway?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Not including, because they make it darker.     The gag is, Luann is already fucking olive skinned.   Diana Ross is probably one of the easiest iconic costumes in history to pull off because her trademarks haven't changed in years.  some drag queen wispy lashes, a bra strap length wavy textured wig, some poppin ass red lipgloss and a hair gardenia, wtf?  The halter jumpsuit is the only part she got right.    Truthfully, when she turned the corner I giggled and if I'd seen that in person I would've told her to sleep in for a day or two while SM ate her ass up.  

Please watch this whole clip if you get a chance.  It articulates (properly, imo) what we've been going back and forth about for pages now.  Simply:  Race is not a costume.   As to intention, listen closely at the 3:28 mark. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ltlgca/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-reminder--race-is-not-a-costume

Unfortunately, the video doesn't like that I'm Canadian so I can't see the video, lol. 

I've seen instances where people took offense at costumes that they felt weren't in true light of the person the costume was supposed to represent, therefore it was characterized as offensive and making a mockery of and this was without anything done to the skin so I wouldn't say it's exclusive just to darkening the skin, but the latter is usually the most common grievance that we see. 

Even though I can't see the video, from the title, I 100% concur with that sentiment. I don't think it's at all necessary to imitate the colour of someone's skin in an effort to be 'authentic' in your costume. I would never do it, and I would advise anyone against it and would try to reasonably explain why they shouldn't. That said, while there are many things you can give side eye to, I don't believe they are all offensively equal and I don't agree with societal reaction treating them as equal. As I pointed earlier in this thread, historically, blackface has a more sinister connotation then simply painting one's skin. So given the assumed intent of the person, I don't agree with treating that person who dressed up as their favourite singer or actor equal to the white man who decades ago painted his face in an effort to intentionally demean the black people and culture through the way he imitated their speech and behaviours. I've seen all kinds of costumes that imitate other cultures as well and include painting one's skin white, red, yellow, etc. and if we are to understand that race isn't a costume (again, which I totally agree), then why is there a disproportionate amount of instances where it's the 'blackface' that gets called out and not the others? I saw online that one person's defense is that when a non-white person paints their face white and imitates a white man (even mockingly), it's not the same as a white man simply dressed as Tiger Woods with tanned skin because white people aren't a minority and don't have to deal with systematic oppression. That's a slippery slope if we begin feeling comfortable enough to infer that because you're white, you can't ever experience racism or discrimination from others. So when I see this happening to all races yet the media pounces on the black costumes, it comes across as more of a media grab that aids political correctness than it does about educating people that race isn't a costume because this isn't exclusive to people who dress up as black people and paint their skin. Personally, it takes a bit to get me emotionally riled up to the point where I would describe myself as being 'offended'. So on my scale of things, this isn't offensive to me, but it's certainly a teachable moment. 

• Love 7

Well, didn't Beth at one point call out people (she didn't give specific names) for not donating to her cause?  Heck.  They could have donated a boat load of money...just not to her.  If Ro or Tinsley want to say how much they donated, that's up to them.  Not Beth.  If Beth had any class, she would have just thanked them for their generous donations.  Sorry Beth, yes, you did a great job with the relief effort.  However, it's not your place to judge other people because they chose not to give to 'your' effort.  That doesn't mean they didn't 'give'. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Yep... came untied accidentally on purpose.  

Yes! Thank you! She needs attention at all times! It was totally accidentally on purpose! She’s so transparent! 

• Love 7
On 4/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, LilaFowler said:

I'm already sick to death of Bitter Carole. She's never totally forgiven Luann for all of the stuff that went down when she and Adam first started dating and holding a grudge like that on a show like this is tiresome. It would have been a totally human thing for her to do to send Luann a text or something when she found out about the divorce. Even Bethenny reached out and she's had more beef with Lu than the rest combined. I think Carole realized that she was in the wrong and had no other defense other than sputtering back that Lu should have reached out when she heard about her breakup with Adam. RME.

Can't wait to hear everything about the breakup with Adam. It must really suck to be dating someone for a couple of years and then be reduced to the occasional morning fuck.

Ramona didn't seem drunk to me at all at the Halloween party. Until she (hilariously) dissed Bethenny's new highway home in the Hamptons, she was well-behaved and cracking me up with her facial expressions. I loved her dig about Bethenny's place because you know that it really burned Bethenny that it was all on camera, her just-off-the-highway home that she'd planned to brag about.

Tired of Sonja and her weirdness. She and Tinsley aren't going to have anything real to do this season, are they? Yawn.

Yes!!! Thank you Lilafowler! I feel the same way!

• Love 3

Luann announced she is coming out with new cough cough music with the help of Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters

Maybe we can suggest lyrics/titles:

I've got snatch guard duties to that cooter flashing truck stop floozy

Can you believe it girls? I finally made it to Palm Beach - jail that is.

We'll find a room to use just look for the Maid Trolley.

Mug Shot Ettiquette

Mug Shot Etiquette could be the name of her next book too.

• Love 5
(edited)

Since I am a senior I have had a lot of pets. And cried and was inconsolable. But AFTER I made sure they were comfortable as could be and taken to be put down when they were dying when I saw and realized what was happening. I NEVER could have stopped to take selfies, or instagram, or a photo. Never! Anyone else not see she did not even mention the impact on her daughter? Alllll about B. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 21
(edited)
31 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Since I am a senior I have had a lot of pets. And cried and was inconsolable. But AFTER I made sure they were comfortable as could be and taken to be put down when they were dying when I saw and realized what was happening. I NEVER could have stopped to take selfies, or instagram, or a photo. Never! Anyone else not see she did not even mention the impact on her daughter? Alllll about B. 

Yes,  the ugly cry. We've all been there, but I am thinking few (not one) of us have ever recorded ourselves crying for content on our social media. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 17

So, watching Ramona and Beth's fight about the property on the highway, I'm reminded of how often Beth has given unsolicited advice to others on ANYTHING they are doing.  And being negative about it.  She's essentially a smarter version of Ramona; equally obnoxious.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

So, watching Ramona and Beth's fight about the property on the highway, I'm reminded of how often Beth has given unsolicited advice to others on ANYTHING they are doing.  And being negative about it.  She's essentially a smarter version of Ramona; equally obnoxious.  

Absolutely, she had no qualms giving criticisms and advice to Erica Jayne regarding her video.

I am quite certain that she has zero expertise in that domain.

Ramona was wrong to publicly critize Beth’s property. Nevertheless,  she is 100% right that it is on the wrong side of town. This is what really bothered Beth, imo.

• Love 16
On 4/5/2018 at 1:55 PM, Pop Tart said:

I agree and think that Carole finds Tinsley more her cuppa because they both come from what Carole would consider the same social strata in NYC. Bethenny is very acerbic in terms of her wit and that appeals to Carole, but generally Carole has more of a laissez faire attitude (that comes with privilege) towards most things in life (deadlines for books, dating, eating, etc.) and that is not Bethenny. So far they've navigated this because Carole's usually willing to go along on the Bethenny train, but I think eventually, perhaps during this season, those worldviews will come into conflict.

I can't wait to see Bethenny & Carole fight. I find Bethenny to be mean to the other women on the show.

• Love 10
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, Juliegirlj said:

No way in Hell can Carol run 20 miles, let alone, a marathon. When they showed her running with her trainer it looked like her shoes were tied together or something because she ran like a demented clown. 

Whichever housewife that first came up with the idea of filming with their household staff should be spanked- Bethenny’s driver seems nice and all, but, jeez, doesn’t she have ANY real friends in her life?! 

Sonja’s shtick has grown boring and predictable. 

Luann looked the best I’ve ever seen her on WWHL- apparently she quit drinking and smoking, and at least for now, dating. 

Love me some Dorinda~ drunk and sober. She fascinated me! 

Guys.  Guys!  Have any of you trained for marathons?  I have.  Part of training is "strides."  It helps you work on  your overall speed.  She was doing strides there (short bursts of sprinting in between slower running.)  She didn't run the whole marathon like that.  LOL.   

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 17

So when she sprints, she looks like Phoebe from friends.  Arms and legs are flying everywhere - not how I was taught to sprint, but I was taught a long time ago so maybe it has changed.

Why does Ramona always walk leading with her stomach?  Don't get me wrong - I think she has a well kept figure, but when she walks she leads with her stomach.  It  just looks odd.

• Love 11
(edited)
19 minutes ago, donovan said:

So when she sprints, she looks like Phoebe from friends.  Arms and legs are flying everywhere - not how I was taught to sprint, but I was taught a long time ago so maybe it has changed.

Why does Ramona always walk leading with her stomach?  Don't get me wrong - I think she has a well kept figure, but when she walks she leads with her stomach.  It  just looks odd.

Everything has changed, even sprinting. Now you have to express yourself while you do it. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, BBHN said:

Mug Shot Etiquette could be the name of her next book too.

Her first book tanked and her book tour got cancelled because Alex dumped her ass right before the release date. Made the chapter about how to keep your man RIDICULOUS.

I can see her writing a book and calling it Totally Rehabbed and Fab. Then 2 weeks before it's release, Luann and Kim Richards are arrested at the Regency. Their antics get out of hand and the police are called. Then Kim & Luann lock themselves in the bathroom. Then they clothesline the police officers who arrive on scene.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I can't wait to see Bethenny & Carole fight. I find Bethenny to be mean. to the other women on the show.

There.  Fixed that for ya.  

(And me, neither.  Carole will win some huge bonus points if she doesn't grovel to Beth.  Carole has in her favor that she's not a drunk.  When someone gets in a disagreement with Beth, and there's drinking, they end up blubbering all over her.  And if you're Moaner, you're blubbering all over her when she's naked.)

14 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Everything has changed, even sprinting. Now you have to express yourself while you do it. 

Holy wind sprints, Higgs.  LOL

• Love 9
On 4/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, Juliegirlj said:

No way in Hell can Carol run 20 miles, let alone, a marathon. When they showed her running with her trainer it looked like her shoes were tied together or something because she ran like a demented clown.

58 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Guys.  Guys!  Have any of you trained for marathons?  I have.  Part of training is "strides."  It helps you work on you work on your overall speed.  She was doing strides there (short bursts of sprinting in between slower running.)  She didn't run the whole marathon like that.  LOL.   

Lezlers:

Agree...most don't run the whole marathon in a "sprint" - you would die! LOL

However I busted out laughing reading juliegirlj's post about Carole's running style and I have to agree there was a Jerry Lewis vibe to her movement.

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

b decided to over compensate with doing charity work to cover her ass when she jumped the line in asking for donations for Dress for Success. I give her no props for it. She is like all the other mean people who try to hide their meanness behind do good deeds. She is a Josh Wheldon, Matt Damon, and many others, even your run of the mill nobody famous, person who is devious, malicious, etc underneath it all. 

Her ridiculous video after Cookie's death and her blubbering on the sidewalk at Bobby's funeral was her "someone does or says something funny so I have to fling myself to the floor and roll around and laugh to show that my laughter is more relevant than their funny moment". She has to be acknowledged more than the funny or dying. 

I flipping loved Ramona saying it was on the wrong side of the street. Basic 101 in real estate location location location. 

Carole irks me with different things but I am looking forward to seeing her story this season. I loved her calm rebuttal to Lu when Lu called her out for not reaching out to her after the break up with Tom. 

I wish Carole would find an Anthony Bourdain type dude to be her next lover. 

I also am looking forward to seeing Tinsley and her hotel living self.

I think that Beth really felt appart at Bobby’s service. She treated him like shit when he was diagnosed with cancer while he was nothing but kind with Beth.

She had to be regretful in hindsight, imo.

I am also looking forward to see what went on between Carole and Beth. Even if it is totally manufactured for drama, it will be nice to see someone with marbles arguing with B.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 8

"I think that Beth really felt appart at Bobby’s service. She treated him like shit when he was diagnosed with cancer while he was nothing but kind with Beth." Aside from not getting along with Jill, how exactly did Bethenny intentionally treat Bobby like shit?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

"I think that Beth really felt appart at Bobby’s service. She treated him like shit when he was diagnosed with cancer while he was nothing but kind with Beth." Aside from not getting along with Jill, how exactly did Bethenny intentionally treat Bobby like shit?

By not visiting him, imo.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, donovan said:

Real Housewives Physics 101:  Overfilled implants + forward thrust =

image002.jpg

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Absolutely, she had no qualms giving criticisms and advice to Erica Jayne regarding her video.

I am quite certain that she has zero expertise in that domain.

Ramona was wrong to publicly critize Beth’s property. Nevertheless,  she is 100% right that it is on the wrong side of town. This is what really bothered Beth, imo.

Yes - I think that is what set Bethenny off!  For all of Bethenny's bravado, "giving no fucks" and self-confidence, I think that deep down, she still feels like she is "less than" some of these other ladies, or just in general.  That is why she is always trying to prove herself in everything she does.  

When Ramona was criticizing the location of Bethenny's Hamptons home, it struck a nerve in her that again, she will never measure up in these ladies' eyes.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Yes - I think that is what set Bethenny off!  For all of Bethenny's bravado, "giving no fucks" and self-confidence, I think that deep down, she still feels like she is "less than" some of these other ladies, or just in general.  That is why she is always trying to prove herself in everything she does.  

When Ramona was criticizing the location of Bethenny's Hamptons home, it struck a nerve in her that again, she will never measure up in these ladies' eyes.

Nahhh, Bethenny just feels like she knows it all about everything there is, be it real estate, booze, cheap snacks, shapewear, writing books, relationships, divorce, eating disorders, well, everything! LOL

• Love 13
2 hours ago, donovan said:

I love my Crazy Noodle but she always has had an awkward walk/posture.

Pre-boob job she struck out her chest to give the illusion of bigger boobs. She's always been proud of her ass - so she makes sure that sticks out more than it naturally does. Add in heels and you get instant Mrs. Whiggins - she and LVP can have a Whiggins Face Off.

Ramona does this in her poses as well - arms on the hips, slight side view, boobs and butt sticking out.

After her boob job - she does the same thing - making it look even more bizarre whether she walks or stands still.

Her center of gravity changed and her gut definitely grew from too much wine. I do think she has lost some weight before this season started filming. Maybe she leads with her stomach now because she has to offset the bowing balls to prevent a face-plant. Or her stomach is now a dowsing rod/divining rod - only it's not searching for water but Pinot Grigio.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

By not visiting him, imo.

But isn't it possible that this was Bobby's choice -- that he requested family and close friends only? There was one pic of Luann visiting Bobby that made its way to SM (someone posted it here) but haven't she and Jill become good buds in recent years?

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, Bethenny just feels like she knows it all about everything there is, be it real estate, booze, cheap snacks, shapewear, writing books, relationships, divorce, eating disorders, well, everything! LOL

I think both you and njbchlover are correct.  I think her need to be right and show off all the time is because, deep down where Bernadette lives, she feels less than.

But she's told herself so often, that she knows it all, that she really believes that she knows it all

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, SCS said:

But isn't it possible that this was Bobby's choice -- that he requested family and close friends only? There was one pic of Luann visiting Bobby that made its way to SM (someone posted it here) but haven't she and Jill become good buds in recent years?

A few weeks before Bobby died Bethenny sent a gift basket.  Jill acknowledged it.  Prior to that Bethenny had been adamant there would be no contact with Jill.  It was over it was done.  At the Reunion of the RHONY Bethenny complained that every time she is on WWHL, she is asked about seeing Jill again.    

Bethenny went to Bobby's funeral and dropped by Jill's house.  I don't think there has been much else.  Jill is gone a lot spending time in Boca and traveling.  

Luann and Jill have always been friends since the show was cast,  Bethenny and Jill have been at odds since Season 4.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

A few weeks before Bobby died Bethenny sent a gift basket.  Jill acknowledged it.  Prior to that Bethenny had been adamant there would be no contact with Jill. 

Yes, but is it not possible B reached out privately?

At the Reunion of the RHONY Bethenny complained that every time she is on WWHL, she is asked about seeing Jill again.   

She is. It must be incredibly tiresome. 

Luann and Jill have always been friends since the show was cast, 

I didn't know this -- I thought they'd become friends (rather than show friends) more recently. Thanks for the info.

Bethenny and Jill have been at odds since Season 4.

Yup, played out in glorious living color for our individual (pick yer poison) 1-viewing pleasure; 2-boredom; 3-exasperation.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SCS said:

She spent quite a few week-ends at their place in the Hamptons. They looked quite found of one another. It would make sense for B to visit him. Imo, this is why she got so defensive when Jill called her on it.

But instead of stating the fact that she was too caught up with her life(she was pregnant at the time) and apologizing, she went on Jill saying”I sent flowers, what more do you want from me?”

While Jill is too much, she was a good friend to Beth when she needed one. B, not so much.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

But instead of stating the fact that she was too caught up with her life(she was pregnant at the time) and apologizing, she went on Jill saying”I sent flowers, what more do you want from me?”

No she said her father was dying and she was in CA.  AND Jill admitted that she said Bobby had to go to the hospital for a procedure.  That was all at Scary Island.  Bethenny found out it was cancer much later through the gossip pages.  Nope, this is on Jill and she will likely burn in hell for it.  Bobby stated after learning that Jill had lied to him as well that he stands with Jill.  So unless Bobby reached out to Bethenny the respectful thing is to not push her agenda while a family was dealing with someone dying.

This is on Jill.  She can never undo what she did.  And the fact that she planned it as a great RHONY story only makes it more ugly.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, SCS said:

Yes, but is it not possible B reached out privately?

Neither Jill or Bethenny do anything privately and both have acknowledged that she sent a gift vasjet a few weeks before he died and then went ti gis funeral.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Lezlers:

Agree...most don't run the whole marathon in a "sprint" - you would die! LOL

However I busted out laughing reading juliegirlj's post about Carole's running style and I have to agree there was a Jerry Lewis vibe to her movement.

Oh, totally.  :D   All of the groups I belong to on FB are talking about it now (I fully admit I have no life) and it's making me nuts.  All of these non-runners with their "she can't run a marathon like that!  There's no way she's run 20 miles that way!  OMG, she doesn't know how to run!" are killing me.  I made the mistake of posting a similar comment there and got a ton of "no one cares about running but runners, get over yourself!" posts.  Well if no one cares, why are there hundreds of comments on her form?   Sigh.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 1:55 PM, Pop Tart said:

I agree and think that Carole finds Tinsley more her cuppa because they both come from what Carole would consider the same social strata in NYC. Bethenny is very acerbic in terms of her wit and that appeals to Carole, but generally Carole has more of a laissez faire attitude (that comes with privilege) towards most things in life (deadlines for books, dating, eating, etc.) and that is not Bethenny. So far they've navigated this because Carole's usually willing to go along on the Bethenny train, but I think eventually, perhaps during this season, those worldviews will come into conflict.

Carole  did not grow up privileged, far from it.  not even middle class. she stated as much in her books.  i don't mean to imply that carole wouldn't find tinsley more to her liking,  although i would have thought carole would look down her nose at tinsley because tinsley is so entitled and does and did nothing with her life, unlike carole.

i laugh at ramona every time she says she came from nothing.  she came from rhinebeck ny.  rhinebeck is very expensive and always has been.  her father worked for ibm.  he might not have paid for her  college education but no way did she come from nothing.  she also lived less than an hour away from the berkshires  so no way did she not know  the area.   i live in woodstock which is 15 minutes from rhinebeck.

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Oh, totally.  :D   All of the groups I belong to on FB are talking about it now (I fully admit I have no life) and it's making me nuts.  All of these non-runners with their "she can't run a marathon like that!  There's no way she's run 20 miles that way!  OMG, she doesn't know how to run!" are killing me.  I made the mistake of posting a similar comment there and got a ton of "no one cares about running but runners, get over yourself!" posts.  Well if no one cares, why are there hundreds of comments on her form?   Sigh.

I only know about this stuff because an ex was an elite runner. His specialty was triathlons.

So when he trained - which was the majority of the year as he flew all over the world to compete - everything was specialized.

The diet, foods avoided, foods eaten, time of day meals were taken, sleeping, waking, (even sex).

I remember asking him one day why didn't you eat/drink that before when I offered. He said there are certain foods and drinks that don't sit well while you are on an exercise run. Something about gastronomically - certain things bouncing about while you're in motion might have a negative outcome.

I wonder if Carole - did a few 5K's before doing a full marathon. I also wonder how long she trained because as others have stated that's some spazzy form she has so close to the marathon.

running.gif

Sorry about the negative posts you got elsewhere.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I only know about this stuff because an ex was an elite runner. His specialty was triathlons.

So when he trained - which was the majority of the year as he flew all over the world to compete - everything was specialized.

The diet, foods avoided, foods eaten, time of day meals were taken, sleeping, waking, (even sex).

I remember asking him one day why didn't you eat/drink that before when I offered. He said there are certain foods and drinks that don't sit well while you are on an exercise run. Something about gastronomically - certain things bouncing about while you're in motion might have a negative outcome.

I wonder if Carole - did a few 5K's before doing a full marathon. I also wonder how long she trained because as others have stated that's some spazzy form she has so close to the marathon.

running.gif

Sorry about the negative posts you got elsewhere.

That gif has me dying.  :D   Yah, there's definitely rules about what to eat and when while you're racing or training long distances.   I know what sits well with me before a long run and what will have me wishing for death and I am FAR from an elite runner. 

I think that quick little scene of her running with her coach was them just messing around.  You're not usually smiling and giggling when you're training hard.  We know now that she finished the marathon so she did something right!  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, Ki-in said:

Miss Ross DID wear an afro once upon a time. Still doesn't excuse the costume

DaCIUS3VMAA7Irx.jpg:large

On 4/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, RedDelicious said:

I agree with you.  I thought of something else as an example.  Lindsay on Summer House got a really dark spray tan and said in her Instagram stories, "guys, I'm black!!".  That I thought was extremely offensive.  She was drunk and making fun of it.  That was terrible behavior.  I didn't see Lu's costume as making fun of at all, although I 100% agree she should have had better sense.

I don't have a problem with Luanne's costume.  The point was to dress up like someone else in a costumey kind of way.   I seem to recall Luanne expressing admiration for Diana Ross as a performer in the past, and I do believe she really just wanted to "be" her for a night...a fun escape.  

I'm not sure I mind the afro - assuming Diana had one in the past.  Based on the picture above, that seems to be the case.  

What REALLY bothers me is "black face" - even if it is just a little bronzer (and Luanne's face did look darker to me...I questioned it right away).  Hair is one thing, but skin color is another and it is the source of racism at the core, IMO.

I'm bummed to hear about Lindsay from Summer House.  Fool.  Just when I was starting to like her.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

Add in heels and you get instant Mrs. Whiggins - she and LVP can have a Whiggins Face Off.

For a second I misread that as Mrs. Wiggum and thought of Chief Wiggum's wife...

latest?cb=20130424144039

No she said her father was dying and she was in CA.  AND Jill admitted that she said Bobby had to go to the hospital for a procedure.  That was all at Scary Island.  Bethenny found out it was cancer much later through the gossip pages.  Nope, this is on Jill and she will likely burn in hell for it.  Bobby stated after learning that Jill had lied to him as well that he stands with Jill.  So unless Bobby reached out to Bethenny the respectful thing is to not push her agenda while a family was dealing with someone dying.

This is on Jill.  She can never undo what she did.  And the fact that she planned it as a great RHONY story only makes it more ugly.

Yeah, that was all pretty much on Jill.

And as Bobby said, he stood with Jill, even after finding out what she did (she is his wife, after all). I think it would have been awkward for all three of them if Bethenny continued to see Bobby without Jill being there.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Bobby's surgery (June 2009) and Bethenny's father's illness and death (November 2009)  were not at the same time they were months apart.  Here is what Bethenny said Jill told her Bobby said, http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-jill-zarin-friendship-after-funeral/  

Jill told Frankel that she had asked Bobby “fix it, you have to call her, you have to fix it,” but that he’d continually insisted, “No, you have to learn the lesson, you were wrong.”

Frankel says she was shocked that Bobby said no to Jill, and that the former Housewife was so adamant about repairing the relationship in the first place.

Jill is Jewish so the concept of her burning in hell would be contrary to her religious beliefs.  On a more realistic note-this friendship between Bethenny, Jill and Bobby was all of about two years before it came unraveled.  If it were that important to Bobby or Bethenny, either one at any time could have reached out privately.  Bethenny should not have an agenda in a relationship she walked away from eight years earlier.  Bethenny showed her respects by sending the basket before Bobby's death, attending the funeral and sending refreshments after the service.   Or in Bethenny's words:  

Of how things currently stand, Frankel tells PEOPLE Now, “We used to be friends, some things happened, her husband passed away. I went, I paid my respects. We are what we are.”“Everybody wants to make everything into something… Everything doesn’t have to be tied up in a perfect box,” she continues. “I went to the funeral and I wish her the best. And that’s where it is.”

Now the idea that Jill would not be a good fit for RHONY because it would effect the dynamic.  I am not so sure about.  Obviously Jill was unavailable for filming this season-and the dynamic seems to have changed.  I can't see who on the cast would not want Jill on-other than Bethenny.

• Love 3

I can't see who on the cast would not want Jill on-other than Bethenny.

The only ones who I think would want her on are Luann and Dorinda. The rest I would guess don't care or probably aren't dying to have her on.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 7:04 AM, lezlers said:

Guys.  Guys!  Have any of you trained for marathons?  I have.  Part of training is "strides."  It helps you work on  your overall speed.  She was doing strides there (short bursts of sprinting in between slower running.)  She didn't run the whole marathon like that.  LOL.   

On 4/7/2018 at 7:30 AM, donovan said:

I admire Carol's marathon training (not usually a fan of Carol's in general) but she is not a natural runner. A good friend of mine runs marathons; I've watched some of her coaching sessions. Her professional coach talked about conserving energy & not wasting energy with any unnecessary movements that don't propel you forward or which interfere with forward momentum. Even in that short clip, I could see Carol's style of running has a lot of wasted energy--she does not look like a natural runner to me, although I do respect her for starting & finishing the NYC marathon.

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny was very annoying on the real estate show with Frederik. She was arguing with Frederick who is a very experienced real estate broker.

Does Bethenny realize how unpopular she is? I would have to rewatch the first season of RHONY when she was struggling to sell her food at a grocery store.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

The only ones who I think would want her on are Luann and Dorinda. The rest I would guess don't care or probably aren't dying to have her on.

Ramona is friends with Jill again and Tinsely is acquainted with her.  Carole doesn't know her but is close to Dorinda and Ramona this year.  I would think Carole would embrace a newly widowed OG of the NYC.  So I think I will stand by my original statement.  I don't happen to agree with Bethenny about the dynamic or that she is the person to be determining who should be on and who shouldn't.  Two season in a row featuring the same cast is not common within the RH world.  

• Love 3

Ramona is friends with Jill again and Tinsely is acquainted with her.

That doesn't mean either of them are in a rush to have her on the show.

Carole doesn't know her but is close to Dorinda and Ramona this year. 

Ditto.

I would think Carole would embrace a newly widowed OG of the NYC. 

Based on...? I mean, yes, she and Dorinda bonded over that, but it's different when it's someone who is already on the show, plus someone who isn't.

So I think I will stand by my original statement

I'll stand by mine as well.

Does Bethenny realize how unpopular she is?

I'd say she has as many people who like her as they do dislike her.

• Love 9