Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: The Smoking Gun

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Anyone else find it amazingly hypocritical that Patrick was pissed at Stassi for not texting him when she got to Mexico and yet when he was away in Amsterdam told her they shouldn't talk at all? 

I know Patrick's douchebag type. He's the type that thinks he's mature and always right. He probably preaches accountability but is the person that somehow finds ways to make others accountable for his own inappropriate behaviour. It would seem right up his alley to respond to your comment by saying something along the lines of 'well that's different because we had an agreed upon understanding when I went on my trip and Stassi knew not to expect a text from me. When I asked Stassi to text me in Mexico, she willingly agreed to this and therefore she has to take accountability for the fact that she didn't follow through with what she said she'd do and that's why I'm mad at her'. Ugh, I don't like him one bit.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I did notice that and it pinged for me as strange too. At first glance I thought it was Sandoval and Arianna, then I realized that it was Schwartz and Lala. The body language was just kind of weirdly close (intimate?) which is why my brain put it as S&A first. Just odd.

I've always been convinced that to Lisa V. the Pump cast (and most of the H-wives she befriends) are really just one step up from the dogs in how she views them - thought it was a bit of a freudian slip when she was comparing James to the stray Ken had brought home. To her her castmates are just slightly (very slightly in the case of the Pump cast) above her pets in terms of intelligence and she's free to play with them, observe them, poke at them when she wants a reaction, etc. The difference between the dogs and the people? She takes the people under her wing, Scheana, Brandy, that guy who lived with her in the first season of RHOBH, the Toms, etc., She plays with them and their lives until they no longer amuse her, and then she drops them. With the dogs at least they get to live in luxury until they die. If the people she adopts push too much for her attention (Brandy, guy who used to live with her and Ken) they get pushed out of her life, never to be allowed to darken her door again. If they only irritate her, then she'll ice them out for a period of time, poke at them passive-aggressively, and make verbal digs at them to the camera and other cast members until they have sucked up enough to get back in her good graces. 

I think there are very, very few people who she truly considers to be at her level ("she's up HERE...and everyone else is down THERE" tm Kelly Bensimone) that are her intimate friends. You'll notice she very rarely reveals anything about herself. What do we know? She's been married to Ken forever, she loves animals and the color pink, she loves Pandora and has mixed emotions about Max, and...? I don't like Lisa, I think she uses people for her amusement and then tosses them aside. But I actually do admire how she plays the reality television game. She grooms, she pets, then she pokes, and prods and does it all with her formal British accent so everyone thinks she's charming.

I've always thought of Lisa as a shit-stirrer.  One of the reasons why she didn't like Adrienne from RH was because Adrienne and her family were wealthier than Lisa.  She was someone that Lisa couldn't manipulate because Adrienne is smart and had more money than her.  Lisa likes having people who are beneath her because it makes her feel superior.

3 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Did we really need to see Kristen in the shower?

Unless hanging out means hooking up Im confused as to why the guys were all saying James said they hooked up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did hook up. She was actually complimenting him in her TH.

Brittany if you can be self aware that Jax is putting no effort into the relationship then why stay???? I dont feel bad for her at all. 

Scheana and Lalas hotel scene was hilarious. So Rob doesn't like affection or gifs lol. 

Who tf would believe that Scheana doesn't like getting presents??? 

This whole 'He's just not that affectionate' thing is such a crock of shit.  Even if he isn't, if he's into you, he will be affectionate with you.  He doesn't care if others see him being mushy, because he loves you.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, janie2002 said:

Part of me wonder is Tom ended up at another resort to hook up with someone.  Resorts are pretty huge and its hard to walk from one to the other, jut seems like there is more to the story.

Someone posted this theory on reddit as well and I feel like a dope for not thinking of it first! I mean it is very valid that a blackout alcoholic like Schwartz would wander off and get lost but to be gone for what I'm assuming is hours and be so disoriented someone at that hotel has to drive you back to your correct hotel? How did Katie not know this until late the next day? You're his wife. If my husband was gone for more than ten minutes I'd start looking and that could be at the movies let alone a foreign country. I would worry. When Tom brought it up on his own at the beach she was shocked. I've been places that the resorts are all along the same beach and you can walk from one to the other and others where they're totally inaccessible. I don't know what it's like where they are. So it's possible I guess....

But the theory on reddit went even further that the whole reason the guys glommed onto a story about James and Kristin, which at least from what James said at the golf course, was completely twisted into something else, was to cover for Tom hooking up with someone else. So big time projection. The whole wandered off to a different resort was also cover. I can believe it. We already know that he "makes out" with other girls when blackout drunk that aren't his wife. And Katie basically just shrugs it off. I've also read stuff here and there that suggests Tom is often drunk, without Katie, and putting the moves on girls. I don't get these people. But I can't look away!!!

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Unless hanging out means hooking up Im confused as to why the guys were all saying James said they hooked up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did hook up. She was actually complimenting him in her TH.

It's a case of asking a question in different ways with the same intent but with misleading words so that they could get the answer they were looking for. When they flat out asked James if he hooked up with Kristen, he denied it. So they changed the question to 'did you hang out with Kristen'. When he said yes, they treated it as an admission. In his TH, Sandoval even admitted that James said he hung out with Kristen and because he admitted to spending any amount of time with Kristen, Sandoval felt it was okay to assume that something likely happened and now it's turned into lying about what James actually said versus what Sandoval and Jax wanted to hear.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

BWAH!!  Almost spit my coffee out on that one!! 

Sorry Duke. Dont' want  you to lose coffee.

If only Rob were here to help ?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Did we really need to see Kristen in the shower?

Brittany if you can be self aware that Jax is putting no effort into the relationship then why stay???? I dont feel bad for her at all. 

Scheana and Lalas hotel scene was hilarious. So Rob doesn't like affection or gifs lol. 

Poor Scheana; in total denial! She really looks screwed up deflecting questions and barbs concerning this guy! ;-)

Scheana is a "simple girl".  Yeah, whatever.  Only when it comes to speaking to her level of intelligence.  Why not compliment Lala on the pretty bouquet and say how nice that was of her boyfriend?  Nooo....she has to instead talk about how above it all she is.  Girl makes my blood boil.  Frankly, I see sending flowers as a form of being affectionate.  Lala's boyfriend wasn't there with her but wanted her to obviously know he was thinking of her.  How nice is that?  It's not about the "gift", it's about the thought behind it. 

Scheana acts the exact way a young, teenaged girl would act.  Except she's in her 30's.  She's a complete embarrassment but what makes her even harder to tolerate is she's so stupid she can't even see how much she's embarrassing herself. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Portae said:

This was like an episode of Three's Company: all misunderstandings and wacky hijinks. 

I am loathe to ever explain something away as a total misunderstanding, but I actually think that's exactly what happened here. It seems obvious to me from the way that Jax and Sandoval said "hanging out" that those two meant it as a euphemism for "hooking up." Sandoval's intonation in particular--he drops his voice and leans in a bit closer--makes it clear (again, to me, at least) that he meant making out/having sex. But James actually interpreted it literally, as just hanging out. In other words, I don't think that Sandoval and Jax are actively misrepresenting, if only because I fully believe that they asked him a question with a specific meaning and James answered in the affirmative. 

The miscommunication in this episode drove me nuts! Somehow it gets relayed that James admitted to "hooking up" even though Tom clearly said "hanging out." He didn't cop to anything at the golf course and all those guys knew that because they kept dogging James to admit it and he got all upset over it, denying it. I don’t think it was just because they were all extremely inebriated and stirring the poo so facts are fuzzy. Jax particularly knew exactly what he was crafting there.

That James and Kristen, who were actually saying the same thing the entire time, couldn't have a twenty second conversation and sync that up before margaritas started flying is ridiculous. And don't get me started on Lala's pop off over it. That girl has zero moral high ground over anyone. Throwing a drink is worse than physical assault because that's gangster or something? Is this also somehow tied to her BS feminism that's really just an excuse to rage at whoever she feels like. Go suck on your baba, weirdo. 

I know both James and Kristen have terrible track records, lying about hookups that are later exposed, but Jax's "cushion photo" and his word aren't exactly ironclad. Law of VPR averages says something happened and usually I would think definitely. This time though, I'm not sure. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

I've always thought of Lisa as a shit-stirrer.  One of the reasons why she didn't like Adrienne from RH was because Adrienne and her family were wealthier than Lisa.  She was someone that Lisa couldn't manipulate because Adrienne is smart and had more money than her.  Lisa likes having people who are beneath her because it makes her feel superior.

This whole 'He's just not that affectionate' thing is such a crock of shit.  Even if he isn't, if he's into you, he will be affectionate with you.  He doesn't care if others see him being mushy, because he loves you.

Doesn't Lisa have a ton of friends wealthier than her? Mohammed was one of them. I do think Lisa likes to throw in comments to get the ball rolling but step back and let the people around her lap it up because she knows they well. However, I find it harder to believe that she would selectively only have friendships with those who she can assert a financially dominant role against.

What gets me about Scheana's descriptions of Rob isn't that she makes it seem like his lack of affectionate ways is also behind closed doors. When she was addressing rumours about him kissing his ex, her defense was that he doesn't like showing affection like that and barely even kisses her because that's not his thing. So Rob isn't an affectionate guy, he doesn't demonstrate consideration through gifts and he doesn't verbalize his feelings of appreciation and love toward Scheana. These are all things that have come out of Scheana and/or Rob's mouth at certain points this season...so the big question is, what the hell is Scheana using as her basis of thinking that Rob is in love with her and wants to marry her and impregnate her with babies?

24 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

The miscommunication in this episode drove me nuts! Somehow it gets relayed that James admitted to "hooking up" even though Tom clearly said "hanging out." He didn't cop to anything at the golf course and all those guys knew that because they kept dogging James to admit it and he got all upset over it, denying it. I don’t think it was just because they were all extremely inebriated and stirring the poo so facts are fuzzy. Jax particularly knew exactly what he was crafting there.

That James and Kristen, who were actually saying the same thing the entire time, couldn't have a twenty second conversation and sync that up before margaritas started flying is ridiculous. And don't get me started on Lala's pop off over it. That girl has zero moral high ground over anyone. Throwing a drink is worse than physical assault because that's gangster or something? Is this also somehow tied to her BS feminism that's really just an excuse to rage at whoever she feels like. Go suck on your baba, weirdo. 

I know both James and Kristen have terrible track records, lying about hookups that are later exposed, but Jax's "cushion photo" and his word aren't exactly ironclad. Law of VPR averages says something happened and usually I would think definitely. This time though, I'm not sure. 

In fairness to Lala, I think her comments about the drink and comparing it to pushing someone to the ground may have been specifically related to someone who tries to be confrontational but does it in the pussy kind of way. It often seen as more insulting to throw a drink at someone or worse, spit on them, because it's a form of confrontational assault that the aggressor uses as a means to defend themselves later on should their target get mad enough to put hands on them. It's not an uncommon tactic that is maliciously designed to push people to their limits and if that person snaps, the initial aggressor will try to suggest their innocence by saying that they didn't lay hands first. It's a cowardly way to instigate which is probably why Kristen's action by law would be considered a form of assault as well. I don't buy Lala's gangster routine. She's right that in many places, there are rules in the way you interact and address problems with people but I don't believe for a second that Lala grew up in any neighbourhoods where she would be required to be well versed in such rules.

• Love 5

I let out a hearty laugh when Scheana said that she doesn’t need gifts, she can buy for herself. She doesn’t like roses, they die. Honestly, she sounded like such a Sour Sally. She’s the kind of person who’d shit all over someone for having a nice diamond engagement ring. “I don’t need diamonds, who needs diamonds to prove love? I can buy my own diamonds”...

I don’t think Kristen and James had sex. I doubt they even made out. This is why it’s not good to have a documented history of lying. Even if you tell the truth once, all people can remember are the other times you lied.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Scheana is a "simple girl".  Yeah, whatever.  Only when it comes to speaking to her level of intelligence.  Why not compliment Lala on the pretty bouquet and say how nice that was of her boyfriend?  Nooo....she has to instead talk about how above it all she is.  Girl makes my blood boil.  Frankly, I see sending flowers as a form of being affectionate.  Lala's boyfriend wasn't there with her but wanted her to obviously know he was thinking of her.  How nice is that?  It's not about the "gift", it's about the thought behind it. 

It’s actually really bothering me how rude she was. She couldn’t even support Lala whose boyfriend thought it was a cute gesture to send her flowers. Imagine if Rob sent her something - she’d spend the rest of the trip bragging about how amazinggggg he is.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

The interesting thing about this is her face didn't really fall, she knew immediately upon delivery that they were not for her because 7 minutes Rob doesn't buy her gifts. She knew immediately that they were for Lala.

Ehhh....I thought I saw her very briefly and subtly look at the card, shower a flicker of disappointment, then quickly proclaim they obviously couldn't be for her. Maybe just me? 

2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Anyone else find it amazingly hypocritical that Patrick was pissed at Stassi for not texting him when she got to Mexico and yet when he was away in Amsterdam told her they shouldn't talk at all? 

Yup. But that's Patrick. He's Lord Douche of Douchington. At least Stassi doesn't try to hide it. 

2 hours ago, jaync said:

Also, Kristen cheated on Carter before, with James? Was that brand new information?

Yea, when she banged him on (in) the Mercedes that one time. I think she and Carter had JUST started dating. It was several seasons ago. 

5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also can someone explain to me why it’s more trashy to throw water at someone than to beat them up? Or is that just Lala logic? 

It wasn't water. It was a margarita. WITH SALT!!!

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Eh, it's honestly not a big deal. While I assume he did it as a result of being completely incoherent (which is a bit of a big deal), I can also attest to the fact that finding yourself at a different resort in Playa del Carmen is not hard to do even if you're merely moderately tipsy! He's probably lucky, though, that the resorts are kind of close together and connected by the actual beach, but there's not really a super-easy way to "escape" out the other side into the surrounding neighborhoods by mistake.  

I'm confused: ugly personality or ugly appearance? If the latter, is it any less shallow to base "love" on looks than on money?

As for flowers, I am a big fan--and I don't care if it's a big bouquet or even a single (hashtah basic) rose from the gas station's convenience store!

The problem with this, is that the Andaz Mayokoba is not in downtown Playa del Carmen.  It's about a 15-20 minute car ride away.  I'm assuming he may have been walking along the beach and got "lost" and may have wound up at another Mayokoba resort (there's a couple of them in that area)....still disconcerting to me that someone that drunk could get so easily separated from the group.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Point taken--I just mean that wandering off the perimeter of one resort to the next is not that crazy. I've never been to the specific one they were at (or been a raging drunk who got loose from my pack), but I've certainly done it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

I am giving you a like for your post AND your username!  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I don’t think Kristen and James had sex. I doubt they even made out. This is why it’s not good to have a documented history of lying. Even if you tell the truth once, all people can remember are the other times you lied.

IIRC Stassi and Katie were basically saying that at the beach. That due to her past indiscretions of the same variety putting herself in that position is going to look really bad, whether it happened or not. If it didn't happen that's extremely frustrating for both Kristen and James, trying to disprove an untruth with no witnesses (outdoor cushions don't count). But it's also some karma for Kristen's borderline sociopathic denial of Jax in season 2. I still can't believe that happened. Side note: I sometimes think Jax and Kristen are the true soul mates in this whole thing. 

• Love 7

Yea, when she banged him on (in) the Mercedes that one time. I think she and Carter had JUST started dating. It was several seasons ago. 

Oh, that's right...thanks! (Wasn't it a BMW, though?)

Keeping all the escapades straight is hard sometimes, lol.

• Love 1

Between everything that happened in this ep and my brain shutting down courtesy of the unnecessary shower scene, I almost missed Jason angling for a job at Tom2 at the end of the ep. 

Sandoval invited everyone to come see it and Jason launched into his pitch about being the best bartender (since when?) and how bummed they must be that he’s moving to Florida so now they can’t hire him. Real subtle, Jason. I’m surprised he didn’t drop an actual hint hint at the end as it was that clunky. 

Everything about the “job offer” makes sense now. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Agree.  I kinda suspect they were just keeping the party going and I think Kristen might have gone for it and James was like no way man!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

*tiny voice* I'm not super impressed by flowers either... I mean, I'll take them, but then they eventually start smelling and my cat will try to eat them and the pollen starts falling and I'd rather they be a potted plant or succulent or something, but even then I'd still somehow kill it from over-watering/under-watering. I'll take gifts though! But even then, I'd take something practical like a nice water-resistant jacket over an expensive pretty necklace. 

But I also wouldn't put down women (or men) who do like getting flowers or pretty jewelry. Okay, I do tend to judge women with larger-than-life diamond engagement rings. 

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I won't turn flowers down; I appreciate the sentiment. But they're not really my thing. They do die. Seems like a waste of money. I'd rather you get me a book or a cd or some good chocolate. But Scheana is totally not the type of girl who doesn't like flowers. She was just bullshitting on the spot.

She's whatever kind of girl Rob's behavior dictates she be. 

I am like you two. I take after my mom who is super practical. I think freshly cut flowers are beautiful, but they start to wilt, turn brown and die soooo quickly. And they are not cheap. If someone is going to buy something for me, I would rather receive something that will last longer, like a water-resistant jacket or CD.  ; )  If there were some way to receive a potted bouquet, I would love that, but I have a terrible track record with cultivating plants. A cactus even died under my care. I hung some roses upside down and they dried beautifully, but eventually all the petals fell off. 

Scheana is going to keep pivoting no matter what Rob does. If Rob told her that they should take a break from each other - - three or four months - - Scheana will tell the group, ‘When you’re in a mature relationship with a real man, he doesn’t need to see you every day. He can go weeks, even months without spending time with you. Because he’s a real man and amazing. He loves me so much. When this amazing man loves me THAT much, he can go for months without actually seeing me. I love him so much. ‘

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think freshly cut flowers are beautiful, but they start to wilt, turn brown and die soooo quickly. And they are not cheap.

Between her restaurants and her home, I cant imagine LVP's annual flower budget.

• Love 6
(edited)
57 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Point taken--I just mean that wandering off the perimeter of one resort to the next is not that crazy. I've never been to the specific one they were at (or been a raging drunk who got loose from my pack), but I've certainly done it.

No worries!!  We've walked stretches of beach, as well, and pass by many different resorts.   :-)  Most of the time, I have to remember what color the beach chairs are at our resort, so I'll remember what one it is!   ;-)

But - the Andaz is a marvelous, very upscale property - I'm surprised they were willing to have these chucklefucks film there!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Someone posted this theory on reddit as well and I feel like a dope for not thinking of it first! I mean it is very valid that a blackout alcoholic like Schwartz would wander off and get lost but to be gone for what I'm assuming is hours and be so disoriented someone at that hotel has to drive you back to your correct hotel? How did Katie not know this until late the next day? You're his wife. If my husband was gone for more than ten minutes I'd start looking and that could be at the movies let alone a foreign country. I would worry. When Tom brought it up on his own at the beach she was shocked. I've been places that the resorts are all along the same beach and you can walk from one to the other and others where they're totally inaccessible. I don't know what it's like where they are. So it's possible I guess....

But the theory on reddit went even further that the whole reason the guys glommed onto a story about James and Kristin, which at least from what James said at the golf course, was completely twisted into something else, was to cover for Tom hooking up with someone else. So big time projection. The whole wandered off to a different resort was also cover. I can believe it. We already know that he "makes out" with other girls when blackout drunk that aren't his wife. And Katie basically just shrugs it off. I've also read stuff here and there that suggests Tom is often drunk, without Katie, and putting the moves on girls. I don't get these people. But I can't look away!!!

Their resort seems really big. They had to be driven through lush greenery just to get to the actual building which makes me think it's on large grounds that's fitted to recreate the outdoors of Mexico all within the resort compound. It's also gated so I don't think it would be easy to wander into another resort. Gated communities/resorts usually means limited access points of entry and exits. That said, I was under the impression that the club was outside of the resort so I can see how he could wander to the wrong place if he was never on the resort grounds to begin with but it's disconcerting that he continues to drink so much that he has zero awareness of his surroundings and has no recollection of what he did (or so he says). Katie trying to cut Schwartz off from drinking hasn't worked and likely won't ever work. If she cares so much to keep him out of trouble in order to keep their marriage healthy and strong, then she's probably better off making sure that she's leaving clubs WITH her drunk husband rather than with his skeezeball friends who are more likely to encourage him to cheat and be stupid and then later cover for him than they are to remind him that he's a married man and an adult who should make better choices.

• Love 2

Anyone ever see the French movie He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not?  Scheana has started to remind me of that character.  Like, she's totally fixated on Rob despite what is little evidence that he likes her all that much.  If we hadn't actually seen him on camera a couple of times, I would think she had made up the entire relationship.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Oh, that's right...thanks! (Wasn't it a BMW, though?)

Keeping all the escapades straight is hard sometimes, lol.

As I recall from ANOTHER defining VDPR  fight*, James does indeed have a BMW, as per Sandoval’s battle cry of “Go take a Beemer selfie, James!!!!”

*VDPR fights are like important battles in history lessons. Never forget! May you proudly wave your chunky sweaters.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Sai said:

I really like James this season and those guys did him wrong.  He was asked, did you HANG out with Kristen last night.  He answered, yeah a little.  And then immediately the guys just twisted it all around.   He really seems to enjoy his friendship with the guys and what they did was messed up. 

And let me tell you, if I heard the story for the first time I would totally believe James over any of the other guys, especially Jax.  The Tom's and Jax have all lied and I can't remember James ever lying.  Yes, he's been assy at times but I don't remember him ever lying.  I'm not even gonna get mad at him calling Brittany fat.  He was upset, retaliating against Jax who screwed him over and, uh, Brittany is kinda, uh, not skinny.  It's been said right here on these very boards for cripes sake!  lol

Also, I like Stassi but she needs to do some butt lifting exercises.  Girl's ass was looking pretty flat in her bathing suits.  Squats and leg lifts are a good thing.  Haha.....

When he was dating Kristen, he straight up lied to her face and denied cheating on her, until she pulled out the Uber receipt, at which point he only admitted to making out. Then, later, to the camera, he gleefully acknowledged that he had slept with the woman. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Seriously, I’m on Kristen’s side regarding this whole thing. Everyone was really gaslighting her. Also I don’t know what katie was talking about when she was like “I just can’t deal with people who act like kids” uh, then maybe you should change your group of friends. And look at who you married, because he is never going to act like an adult it seems. 

Also loved when Lala was all “so Rob never gets you gifts?” And Schena response was “I don’t need gifts, I buy things for myself” I guess trying to prove that rob doesn’t need to buy her affection and she’s a strong independent woman. Which.. okay, but she does seem to enjoy certain things his lavish lifestyle brings her, his nice vacation cabin(which yeah isn’t really his but the way she talked about was a different story), his nice house that cane equipped with chefs that we saw when Tom and Arinia went over there. So not making any sense. Schena wants gifts, also she’s planning a million dollar wedding to this guy so it was hilarious that she was telling Lala she doesn’t need presents because she can provide herself whatever she needs. And while normally I would respect this comment, from schena not so much. Because it rings false.

I can't be on Kristen's side here because she chose to believe Jax - - JAX - - over James. James is no saint but he's generally pretty blunt and honest.  Jax is the lyingest liar who ever lied, outside of Kristen.  If she hadn't let her eyes pop out of her head and threatened to beat someone's ass, in between accusing Katie and Stassi of not being good friends, maybe she wouldn't need anyone to be on her side. 

I absolutely agree with the assessment that Katie is completely hypocritical to term her friends "kids" while married to Schwartz.  I shudder to think how many brain cells Schwartz has lost just on this trip alone.

I can't imagine that Ken and Lisa would be thrilled about going into business with a 30+ year old who suffers drunken blackouts on the regular and ends up at a resort (or anywhere else) with no idea how he got there.

Scheana is a simple gal in the same way the Queen of England is a fishwife.  Please.  Scheana had a divorce countdown on her freaking phone so that (she hoped) Rob could have a minister standing by to pronounce them legally wed as soon as that timer hit zero.  She's delusional, completely transparent and solely one-minded in her co-dependency on Rob.  Instead of buying all those lifesize portraits of herself and those tacky nails, she really should invest in a good counselor.  Maybe Jason can send over Kelsey?  Or give her a crystal?

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Scheana also said she didn't like gifts she liked affection and we know from the waitress kissing storyline that he doesn't like giving affection to her. 

Rob may very well be an affectionate guy.  He's just not affectionate with Scheana.

10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Scheana sure didn't mind receiving diamond earrings from Eddie Cibrian!

Because Eddie, like Shay, wasn't a real man like Rob?  Diamond earrings are so basic!  Putting up a tv is so much more rewarding and manly.  And clearly a stronger sign of affection, even though neither Rob nor Scheana like affection.

8 hours ago, Sai said:

I really like James this season and those guys did him wrong.  He was asked, did you HANG out with Kristen last night.  He answered, yeah a little.  And then immediately the guys just twisted it all around.   He really seems to enjoy his friendship with the guys and what they did was messed up. 

And let me tell you, if I heard the story for the first time I would totally believe James over any of the other guys, especially Jax.  The Tom's and Jax have all lied and I can't remember James ever lying.  Yes, he's been assy at times but I don't remember him ever lying.  I'm not even gonna get mad at him calling Brittany fat.  He was upset, retaliating against Jax who screwed him over and, uh, Brittany is kinda, uh, not skinny.  It's been said right here on these very boards for cripes sake!  lol

This is borderline horrifying to think, much less type, after previous seasons but James frequently acts more mature than Jax, FI and Schwartz.  Not that the bar is all that high.  They really threw him under the bus.  Maybe because they realized James was still drunk from the night before, maybe because they were bored or maybe, as another poster suggested, they were deflecting (thank you, Peter) from whatever shenanigans Schwartz (or anyone else) might have been up to.

As I said above, James has generally been truthful, to the point of bluntness.  He lied to Kristen about cheating on her, yeah, but I believed him when he told the guys that he hadn't cheated on Raquel.  He didn't say no, I've never cheated (which must have been totally confusing to Jax.)   The Warlocks of WeHo, every one of them, has cheated on a girlfriend so they certainly have no room to talk.

As far as whether or not he and Kristen hooked up, I'm going to takes James' side.  Kristen certainly overreacted but she's always been thirsty.  I am curious to see what James' reaction is going to be when he sees his friend Lala said she believes something happened.

• Love 10

Jax made up the rumor about James and Kristen in order to have a storyline.

In fact, I think many of them look for the smallest slight in order to have a reason to get “revenge” in order to stay relevant (like Scheana setting up that date for B bc Jax talked about her relationship).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, jaync said:

Hold up...Rachel is going to be in the Miss America pageant?

Also, Kristen cheated on Carter before, with James? Was that brand new information?

I missed that, but I do remember a brief shot (in the club) of James with his hand on Ariana's waist, and backing off when FI came up on them. (Or, maybe I'm mixing up the chucklefucks/scenes...if so, nevermind, lol.)

James said “Miss USA.”  Different pageant.

Not for one second do I believe that neither James nor especially Kristen only drink around others.

Oh man. I feel bad for Scheana, but didn't think it was nice to insult Lala's bouquet. I also personally prefer not-red roses or something else, but the gesture was super sweet and red roses aren't basic; they're classic. Maybe they're Lala's favorite! 

I was actually feeling sorry for both Kristen AND James, because James did NOT say they hooked up, but then he called Brittany fat and that was just wrong.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

His behavior makes me really believe his bullying stories. I think he just wants to fit in. He was so hurt when he perceived all the guys as ganging up on him. I did feel badly for him. He and Jax have been getting along this year. He feels like he gave Jax a head's up about the Brittany-Scheana-date thing. And then Jax is ragging him about Kristen. He was like a wounded little boy. It's just that when he feels backed into the corner enough, he lashes out really horribly. 

I think Kristen gaslighted herself. Her friends were simply giving her a head's up that she was being talked about. She totally flipped out and acted like they were accusing her, and had the nerve to act like such an accusation would be insanely outlandish. She HAS hooked up with James since they broke up, since she's been with Carter. And she has a history of vehemently denying her shady hook-ups. But even so, her friends weren't like, "Oh my gosh, Kristen! Why would you do that?" They just let her know what they heard. If she had waved it off, it would have never blown up the way it did. 

"When I was with Shay, he only bought tuna from a POUCH. And I had to open it MYSELF." 

I thought Lala was making a mountain out of holemill. 

Kristen acted that was bc they confronted her *on camera* meaning that it will def be on the show for the whole world and her bf to see. Her friends confronting her on camera gives a measure of credibility esp since Stassi pointed out Kristen has cheated and lied before.

I wonder how she feels after seeing what James really said.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Silo said:

Kristen acted that was bc they confronted her *on camera* meaning that it will def be on the show for the whole world and her bf to see. Her friends confronting her on camera gives a measure of credibility esp since Stassi pointed out Kristen has cheated and lied before.

I wonder how she feels after seeing what James really said.

They probably so banged after she saw it

• Love 3
(edited)

She tweeted that she saw the actual conversation for the first time last night.  She's pissed at Sandoval and Jax.

Edited by Wicked
add tweet
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Wicked said:

She tweeted that she saw the actual conversation for the first time last night.  She's pissed at Sandoval and Jax.

It’s sort of sad that they don’t know what really happens until it airs, such a long time afterward.

• Love 9

But - the Andaz is a marvelous, very upscale property - I'm surprised they were willing to have these chucklefucks film there!  

Haha, I was merely at a nice enough place--no "marvelous" for me, even though I am better behaved, mostly. I didn't even get a ride back!

8 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

It’s actually really bothering me how rude she was. She couldn’t even support Lala whose boyfriend thought it was a cute gesture to send her flowers. Imagine if Rob sent her something - she’d spend the rest of the trip bragging about how amazinggggg he is.

I was actually hoping she got a gift sent from him after she said all of that nonsense, just to see her contradict herself shortly after. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Oh, I forgot—I laughed so hard at Lala’s freakout that the DJ was playing James’s song! It was so funny that she was not trying to be cool or sexy or super-chill; instead, she was totally geeking out and it was hilarious!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

You would have though they would have learned from ol Kenya Moore by now they are different !!!   

image.png.6f548705ac8f484b2b51d2d85f58209a.png      Yeah, right it is. 

Good God, why the tattoo so effing big?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Frankly, I see sending flowers as a form of being affectionate.  Lala's boyfriend wasn't there with her but wanted her to obviously know he was thinking of her.  How nice is that?  It's not about the "gift", it's about the thought behind it. 

"Hey...you may be away from me right now physically, but you are never far from my heart, and I hope you are having a good time."

I've been married for 22 years and I still get thrilled when my husband brings me a little gift from a business trip, even if it's from the airport.  Scheana's full of it.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Haha, thanks!!! Ironically, I often think the VPR crew has as little self-awareness as the Bluths. It's as Ann as the nose on plain's face. 

Ann... "Who?" - Mayon-Egg!!!   The VP cast have all been smoking Big Yellow Joints!  They're all Liza-ass-offs!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Those snippets of Kristen in the club, grooving to that House Music, with that knowing/predatory look on her face - LMAO.  I'm living for it this episode. 

Also loved the expression on Scheana's face during the scene when Lala's flowers were delivered. Never seen that expression on her face before! 

Edited by beccatexture
  • Love 5