Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Reignited

As if being co-captains weren’t hard enough, Andy and Jack find themselves in disagreement over spending decisions at the station. Meanwhile, the firefighters respond to a structure fire at a brand-new bed-and-breakfast; and Ryan calls Maya when he finds her brother in some trouble.

(edited)

I am still liking this. My only apprehension continues to be that Ben is going to have sex with the woman training him. Don't do it, Ben! 

I really like Ryan. I think that he is sweet and a good friend. Maybe Andy will come around and see that eventually.

I wasn't sure why Maya was so angry with Andy. Yes, she is having a secret fling, but so what? I wish they had Maya tease and torment Andy until she was forced to spill. I hope Maya isn't secretly in love with Andy because that would suck.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I'm actually kind of liking this. Sort of the guilty pleasure show. Although it did irritate me that when they are struggling to treat the woman who inhaled a piece of glass, they did not call for the actual medical doctor with tons of intubation and resuscitation experience to come over and help them. Yes Ben is a rookie when it comes to fire fighting but when it comes to Patient Care, he is most certainly not.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Although it did irritate me that when they are struggling to treat the woman who inhaled a piece of glass, they did not call for the actual medical doctor with tons of intubation and resuscitation experience to come over and help them. Yes Ben is a rookie when it comes to fire fighting but when it comes to Patient Care, he is most certainly not.

I was wondering the same thing. It was so odd.

• Love 2

It bothers me that the Seattle Fire Department would allow a station to be managed by two lieutenants (one of whom never formally earned the rank) who are more interested in one-upmanship games and shagging while on duty, than serving the public and fulfilling their duty as firemen.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, dshgr said:

Does it bother anyone else that they have to have a conversation before they spray water on the fire?

Heh.  No more so than crawling into a smoke filled structure without a charged hoseline, taking your SCBA off inside the house, failure to check for fire extension, or any of the myriad of other items that are required for tv drama.

The hose stream looks like they have about 20-30 psi on the nozzle.  At least let the actors handle a properly charged hose line (70-80 psi) just for the effect.  They'd probably like it.

So Captain Daddy busted both of them.  This should be good.

When that car ran over the 5" supply line, it should have jumped about a foot in the air.  When it's charged, supply line is just like an iron pipe.

Exploding wine bottles?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Heh.  No more so than crawling into a smoke filled structure without a charged hoseline, taking your SCBA off inside the house, failure to check for fire extension, or any of the myriad of other items that are required for tv drama.

Well, at least their fires are slightly more believable than Chicago's (you know the ones, where you can actually see the gas jets feeding them on occasion) so I'll handwave a little bit here, but yeah, what's the sense going in without a charged hand line. Surprised nobody mentioned the potential of steam burns, though. But with all this said, watch a few YouTube fireground videos and even TV firefighters would be better on the scene than some of these ill-trained hosemonkeys in more rural departments. Roll up with light smoke, end up saving the foundation, etc.

The hose stream looks like they have about 20-30 psi on the nozzle.  At least let the actors handle a properly charged hose line (70-80 psi) just for the effect.  They'd probably like it.

Maybe doing so would damage the set or the lighting equipment behind it, etc? But it would have been nice if they hit it at the base rather than the ceiling.

Exploding wine bottles?

Heh. What got me from the whole exploding wine bottle BS was why risk the patient's and your own safety going across the WineKillZone™ in the first place. Look at where the victim came to rest...right beside a stained glass window. Get on the horn and have a crew take out that window from the outside and get the victim that way. And speaking of radios, cellphones in the grocery store? Really?? Not their HTs?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

even TV firefighters would be better on the scene than some of these ill-trained hosemonkeys in more rural departments.

My all time favorite was a hazmat training video, which showed a long ago incident where the rural fire chief walks up to a leaking tank car, dips his fingers into a puddle of killusol or whatever it was, smells the liquid, and then touches his tongue to his fingers to try and determine what it was. 

Bwahaha. We had a gem show up on YouTube from a volly company near me a few weeks back. Working attached-garage fire with extension into the house, and an expensive car outside in the driveway. First-due engine rolls up without their SCBA gear on ready, does the size-up, masks up, lays line and the first drop of the blue stuff goes on the red stuff about 7 minutes later. By then the garage was a total loss, it had spread to the car, also a total loss, and the occupant was lucky to make it out alive. A blast from the deck gun and it would have been down about 80% by the time the inch and three quarters was charged and deployed for an interior attack.

So we can sit here and snark on bad fireground action on Station 19 and CF, but the sad reality is there are a lot of (IMO) poorly trained departments in real life.