Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Brothers in Arms

• Start Topic

617 (Brothers in Arms) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Felicity reminds Oliver to talk to Diggle about deciding to keep the hood:
Diggle: "Looks clean so far."
Oliver (over comms): "Overwatch, any surprises?
Felicity (over comms): "Ah, tricky, tricky, Anatoly. Thermal reads four bogies, east alley."
Diggle: "I'll flank left." (Leaves)
Oliver: "I'll take right."
Felicity (muting Diggle's comm, over comms): "Perfect. Now that we're alone, I know that this might not exactly be the right time."
Oliver (over comms): "You understand that I'm going to be punching people in about 60 seconds, right?"
Felicity (over comms): "Yes. But it's been about a week since you decided that you're not giving the hood back, and I was just wondering when you were planning on talking to him about that."
Oliver (over comms): "I'm waiting for the right moment. That moment is not now."
Felicity (over comms): "That's a fair point."

617 (Brothers in Arms) - Oliver tells Diggle that he's not giving back the hood:
Diggle: "So Diaz has the police captain, the D.A. and -?"
Oliver: "Other members of the city's infrastructure. Anatoly wasn't specific. He just said Diaz has people everywhere."
Felicity: "I'll run background checks on all the city officials."
Diggle: "Makes sense to start at the top and work your way down. Look, Oliver, if you need to spend more time at City Hall, I get it, man. Keep your focus there. I can cover us here."
Oliver: "My focus is fine."
Diggle: "Oliver, why split yourself in two, man? Let me carry the load for you! The city needs the mayor now more than it ever did."
Oliver: "It also needs the Green Arrow."
Diggle: "And that's not me anymore."
Oliver: "I've been waiting for the right moment, the appropriate moment, to tell you. I"m not giving up the hood."
Diggle: "I guess I should've taken the hint, the way you kept putting me off, right?"
Oliver: "This - this team, this mission - it's all of us. You helped build it. I don't understand why it matters what somebody's wearing!"
Diggle: "I guess it doesn't." (Leaves)
Felicity: "That's the moment you were waiting for? That one?"
Oliver: "At least now he knows. John's an adult, Felicity. He'll be fine."
Felicity: "Hope so."

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Felicity notices Diggle's silent seething and urges Oliver to talk to Diggle again:
Female TV News Anchor (on monitor): "Still no suspects in the death of Officer Hurst, a six-year veteran with the S.C.P.D., found dead last night under mysterious circumstances."
Felicity: "Yeah, not so mysterious if you're Ricardo Diaz."
Oliver: "We need to contact Dinah and have her sequester the other officers involved in arresting Anatoly."
Diggle: "What about your D.A. friend? Any idea how Diaz flipped him?"
Felicity: "I'm guessing cold, hard cash."
Oliver: "Cash he took from the city?"
Felicity: "Which should all be dried up by now."
Oliver: "So he has another source."
Felicity: "Well, according to Curtis, Diaz is involved in an extensive Vertigo operation. And, if my math is right, and it definitely is, he'll be pulling in at least a million a day."
Diggle: "So we take out his Vertigo stash, we kill his cash supply."
Felicity: "Unless he's got a rich aunt somewhere, yeah, that'll work."
Diggle: "Right. So I'll check in with Lyla. See if A.R.G.U.S. can give us any information on this Vertigo operation that can help us." 
Felicity: "Yeah, that'll be great. Thanks, John!"
(Diggle leaves.)
Felicity: "That was unbearable."
Oliver: "He's fine."
Felicity: "The fuming? The standing in the corner? That was fine?"
Oliver: "John is not going to get bent out of shape over a uniform."
Felicity: "He's a soldier, Oliver. Look, I get what you're saying, that this is not like John. You have to see what he's not saying. He's upset."
Oliver: "Then he's going to have to get over it. This is not our first fight."
Felicity: "Well, if you don't want it to be your last, you should probably say something."
Oliver: "Like what?"
Felicity: "Something to ease the pain."
Oliver (sighing heavily): "We need to know more about Diaz's Vertigo operation. I need to get to City Hall and talk some sense into Hill and Armand before somebody else gets killed."
Felicity (holding hands up in surrender): "Yeah."

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Quentin gives E2 Laurel/Black Siren his daughter’s old law books to study:
E2 Laurel: "How do you expect me to be like Laurel when you won't let me act like her?"
Quentin: "You want to act like Laurel? Why don't you do something good, huh? Get a job. Help this city."
E2 Laurel: "Never had a real job in my whole life. I don't even think I know how to write a resume."
Quentin: "You don't need to write a resume. You're Laurel Lance, remember?"
E2 Laurel: "How well did I do in law school?"
Quentin: "Wait here. (Leaves) Kept all of Laurel's old law books. (Returns with a stack of books) Look at that. Maybe you could start right here."
E2 Laurel: "You want to home law school me?"
Quentin: "Beats sitting around on the couch, doesn't it? I mean, who knows? You could give it a shot. You might just enjoy doing something good for a change."

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Oliver apologizes to Diggle:
(Oliver enters the Arrow Bunker to see Diggle punching the punching bag.)
Felicity: "Hey! How did it... go? By the look on your face, I don't even need to ask."
Oliver: "Could you please give me some good news?"
Felicity: "Well, Lyla clued us in on one of Diaz's suppliers. Marshall Katz. I'm running a location on him now."
Oliver: "Thank you."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver (looking at Diggle): "I'll be right back."
Felicity: "Um hmm." (Pats Oliver on the chest)
Oliver: "Thanks for grabbing that intel from Lyla."
Diggle: "No problem."
Oliver: "About the hood, I'd like to apologize."
Diggle: "Oliver. It's just a piece of cloth. Just like you said. You were right."
Oliver: "I was also wrong about a few things. It's very important that you know this. When I asked you to take over for me, I meant it. When I put the hood back on and said, 'it's just until you get back on your feet,' I meant it. But I did put the hood back on, and it's a part of me. It makes me feel like I'm being the best version of myself. I feel whole and I feel complete. And I really, really hope that this is making sense."
Diggle: "Yeah. The hood's a part of you now."
Oliver: "I should have been upfront with you. And I avoided having what I thought might be a tough conversation."
Diggle: "Look. I appreciate you telling me this, Oliver. Thank you."
Felicity: "Got a location on Katz."
Diggle: "Yeah, let's move."

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Oliver and Diggle argue over what happened with Marshall Katz:
Felicity: "That was a bust, get it? ‘Cause it's drugs, it's like a play on words, and it's almost a little fun - never mind? Tough crowd? What happened?"
Diggle: "We lost Katz. Oliver, he was gonna talk. If you'd just let me keep the pressure on him for one minute longer! We would be at the location right now, instead of back at square one!"
Oliver: "No, he still would've gotten shot. Because you picked a fight. You pulled our focus, and you allowed our target to get killed."
Diggle: "Because you know everything! And I didn't think to keep my mouth shut!"
Oliver: "I'm sorry. What?!"
Felicity: "Look, guys. We're just whipped up with adrenaline from the field. And we're going to catch Diaz. We always catch the bad guys, so we're just going breathe together - inhale (Breathes deeply) -"
Oliver: "John. What's going on with you? At first, you were mad at me because you're not the Green Arrow. And that is way out of character for you, my friend. But I explained myself. I apologized. You accepted. And then you take a shot at me like that?"
Diggle: "I was getting someplace with Katz! And you didn't back my play!"
Oliver: "Cause it wasn't working."
Diggle: "No, Oliver! Because it wasn't your play!"
(Oliver and Diggle stare at each other, while Felicity stands between them watching them.)
Diggle: "Let me know when you find the Vertigo. I need some air." 

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Oliver and Diggle's argument quickly deteriorates into a violent, physical fight, that’s only stopped by Felicity:
Diggle: "Felicity, do you think, uh, we could have the room?"
Felicity: "Uh... yeah, yeah. Of course." (Leaves)
Oliver: "Get some air?"
Diggle: "Yeah. I did. And with it, some clarity. Oliver, it's totally within your rights to keep the hood. It's yours. You're right, my frustration was never with the uniform. It was with the man underneath it."
Oliver: "I don't understand."
Diggle: "I didn't either. Not at first. (Sighs) I so appreciated your apology. But something about it gnawed at me. That you needed to be the Green Arrow. That it completed you. This was supposed to be about saving the city. Helping the people. Not ourselves."
Oliver: "I know that. It's a little too dangerous, and I've lost a little too much along the way for it to be about that."
Diggle: "But yet here you are. Gotten married. Raising a son. You've become the mayor."
Oliver: "So what?"
Diggle: "So Oliver, you were never supposed to stretch yourself so thin, and in so many different directions, that the people suffer."
Oliver: "We have been in tough spots before."
Diggle: "We have. With a team. Even before Curtis, Rene and Dinah, there was Roy, there was Thea. But Oliver, the way you lead alienates everyone and everything around you! Look!  Putting the team under surveillance was a mistake. We had an opportunity to save the Vigilante. You made a different call. The same with Laurel and the money."
Oliver: "When did all of these just magically become my decisions? I seem to remember you right there next to me."
Diggle: "Begging you to exercise restraint, caution, Oliver. But that's not you. You have changed, you have grown so much. It's been my honor, it's been my privilege to watch you. But Oliver, you're still you. And if you're just doing this for you, like you just admitted -"
Oliver: "I didn't say I was doing it just for myself."
Diggle: "This isn't 100% for our city, then you are not the hero that it deserves! And you never will be."
Oliver: "Ricardo Diaz has God knows how much of our city in his grip, and you're picking now to lecture me? Or to whine about not getting a promotion?!"
Diggle: "Promotion - this isn't about a promotion, man! This is about you - and Diaz - you still can't see it!"
Oliver: "See what?!"
Diggle: "He's already won, Oliver. He has the city wired, and it happened under your watch!"
Oliver: "He showed up while you were the Green Arrow! You bought drugs from him, John! You funded what he is doing right now!"
Diggle: "Yeah."
Oliver: "The entire time I put you in that hood and you hid having a drug problem!"
Diggle: "And I was putting my body through hell, for the sake of our city."
Oliver: "No. You put the team at risk by lying. I had to dive off a bridge to save Rene's life, because you were in the field, you weren't a hundred per cent, and nobody knew it!"
Diggle: "You really want to bring up Rene right now, when he is still hospitalized for the beating that you put on him?"
Oliver: "We were in the field against Dinah, Curtis and Rene! He pulls a gun on me! You think he gave me a choice?"
Diggle: "I think that you leave a trail of bodies every damn place that you go! Sure you're changed. But what comfort is that to William, whose mother is dead because of the bad decisions that you made?"
(Oliver looks down and then walks over to Diggle and looks at him.)
Oliver (coldly and calmly): "My trail of bodies doesn't include my own brother."
(Diggle punches Oliver, Oliver punches back, and they then fight, crashing all over the Arrow Bunker.)
*  *  *:
Felicity (coming over): "Stop! What are you two doing? That's enough! Have you two gone completely over the edge? Diaz is running through the city like a cancer, and you two are in here doing... what, exactly? Okay. This is what's going to happen. I am going to go back to work, looking for the needle that is Diaz's Vertigo operation in the city's haystack. And the two of you are going to pull your heads out of your asses!" (Leaves)
Diggle: "She's right."
Oliver: "She usually is."
Diggle: "I'm sorry I punched you, Oliver."
Oliver: "I'm sorry I punched back."
Diggle: "For what it's worth. I know you've done a lot of good. I know lately it seems like everybody's been questioning your leadership, me included."
Felicity (coming up): "Found the location of Diaz's Vertigo operation. Have you two found any shred of sanity? Perhaps."
(Oliver looks at Diggle, who nods.)
Diggle: "Let's go."
EYZY91AU4AU2Fg6?format=jpg

EYZY-8aUcAAIPlC?format=jpg
EYlIjfyU8AA9aTV?format=jpg

EYlIkMJVcAErl59?format=jpg

EYlIlPKUcAAqnfg?format=jpg

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Diggle quits Team Arrow:
Felicity: "Judging from the burn radius of the warehouse, it looks like we got all of Diaz's stash."
Diggle: "Oliver, I'm, uh, really sorry about what I said."
Oliver: "You apologized already, John. So did I."
Diggle: "I know. I know. But what I said about the cause you made, where you brought us, the team, the city, I just can't shake."
Oliver: "You can't shake that you said it."
Diggle: "I can't shake that it's true. Oliver, for six years I have followed the chain of command without question, even when my heart told me there was a better way. I trusted it. I trusted you. But the inescapable truth is, is that people have lost faith in your leadership. The truth is, Oliver, you have become a better man. But with your focus split, a worse leader. The Green Arrow allows you to become the best version of yourself and I respect that. I respect you. But if I'm going to be the best version of myself, Oliver, it can't be with you."
Oliver: "I hope you find what you're looking for." (Leaves)
Felicity: "John. Don't do this."

617 (Brothers in Arms) – Felicity reaffirms her support for Oliver:
(In their apartment, Oliver is standing by the window looking out. Felicity comes up and puts her arms around his neck.)
Felicity: "Hey. I know what's wrong. But you'll always have me. I'm not going anywhere."

Edited by tv echo