Type keyword(s) to search

Fin Tutuola: Attitude with A Badge

• Start Topic

It looks like Fin will probably be the next regular character axed from the SVU show. I saw where he will be an executive producer and will be hosting a new show on the Oxygen channel. The title of the show is called "In Ice Cold Blood". I think it is going to be something like those shows on the I.D. (Investigation Discovery) channel. (Really) Low budget re-enactment of true crimes

Yeah no I don't think he's going anywhere. Obviously things can change but I follow him on Twitter and he's voiced several times over the years that he'll be with the show until it runs it course. He seems to have a sweet deal, being off some episodes a season and getting to do his side projects as well as spend time with his family. I wish he could be on all the time but at least having him on the show is something.

• Love 3
On 4/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, MorbidPet said:

Yeah no I don't think he's going anywhere. Obviously things can change but I follow him on Twitter and he's voiced several times over the years that he'll be with the show until it runs it course. He seems to have a sweet deal, being off some episodes a season and getting to do his side projects as well as spend time with his family. I wish he could be on all the time but at least having him on the show is something.

I wish we had access to the undercurrents here. Like Benson, Fin has a following too. If Fin was let go, I wonder how much of a backlash SVU would suffer from it. Considering that the series may (or may not) end soon, does Ice T have some kind of mutual agreement with the producers. I wonder if he is getting paid not for acting on the show, but for not complaining and making "nice" with the producers on social media?

On 3/29/2018 at 6:52 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Good, Fin isn’t leaving. He’s the most objective voice on the show, without him the show would just descend further into a circle jerk surrounding Benson and her political agenda. 

Do you think they will do an episode this season that will more less concentrate on Fin? Honestly and just off the top of my head, the last time they did that was when some lady executive was being threatened for her involvement with some violent gaming.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dttruman said:

I wish we had access to the undercurrents here. Like Benson, Fin has a following too. If Fin was let go, I wonder how much of a backlash SVU would suffer from it. Considering that the series may (or may not) end soon, does Ice T have some kind of mutual agreement with the producers. I wonder if he is getting paid not for acting on the show, but for not complaining and making "nice" with the producers on social media?

Do you think they will do an episode this season that will more less concentrate on Fin? Honestly and just off the top of my head, the last time they did that was when some lady executive was being threatened for her involvement with some violent gaming.

I hope we get more Fin this season, however since the episodes centering around a character usually just tend to make the character look bad (Carisi-In Loco Parentis for example) and since Fin doesn’t bring personal drama to work, I’m not sure if I want a Fin centric episode given what the writers think a character centric episode is. Making A Rapist from last season was a good Fin centric episode and the first episode from this season was somewhat Fin centric and it was nice to see Ken and Alejandro again in the last episode.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 10/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, CrystalBlue said:

He was driving a car with no plates or registration and I'm assuming many toll violations. So I guess they just got tired of it and did something about it. But there is a little irony here. You know on SVU, when the producers and writers have the detectives make "grandstanding" arrests of perps in public places or board meetings, well I guess NJPD or the transit police showed him how they really do it.

I wonder if the producers and writers will "Rip" this incident from "The Headlines" and make it into an episode?

Edited by dttruman

Apologies for the stupid question here but after Googling with no luck, I figured this thread might be my only chance thanks to the L&OSVU devoted ...

So, I'm working my way through the (eventually) 21 seasons thanks to Hulu and being retired ... Just finished Season 9 and started Season 10. I know that over the years I've seen many if not most eps but often randomly so this seemed like a fun (mostly fun) project where I could chill and knit and watch. 

I noticed in the last few episodes that it appears Fin cut off his ponytail. For whatever reason (like I have no life) this surprised me and I was wondering if it was something that was mentioned in the context of the show and I missed it, or he did it for offscreen reasons or ... well, I'm just curious!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Apologies for the stupid question here but after Googling with no luck, I figured this thread might be my only chance thanks to the L&OSVU devoted ...

So, I'm working my way through the (eventually) 21 seasons thanks to Hulu and being retired ... Just finished Season 9 and started Season 10. I know that over the years I've seen many if not most eps but often randomly so this seemed like a fun (mostly fun) project where I could chill and knit and watch. 

I noticed in the last few episodes that it appears Fin cut off his ponytail. For whatever reason (like I have no life) this surprised me and I was wondering if it was something that was mentioned in the context of the show and I missed it, or he did it for offscreen reasons or ... well, I'm just curious!

It was never mentioned on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

One thing I’ve noticed this season regarding Fin - does anyone else find it odd that he’s now calling Benson “Captain”, they’ve been colleagues for so long it’s odd that he now addresses her by her rank whereas in the past he always called her “Liv”. Just something I’ve noticed this season that I found a bit odd - it’s also a bit odd now hearing Fin addressed as “Sergeant” which both Rollins and Kat have done, when in the past everyone’s just called him “Fin”. Just interesting things I’ve noticed this season. 

15 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I was pleased to see that Fin's engaged to his old flame, Phoebe. What does everyone think: will he actually get married?

Yes I think Fin will get married - the question is, will it be onscreen or not? If it’s onscreen it would be an awesome opportunity to bring back some familiar faces - such as Fin’s son, son in law and grandson, and some of his colleagues, a Munch appearance would especially be awesome. 

Then again, Fin could get married offscreen somewhere as he’s pretty private and might not want a big ceremony. 

• Love 4

Fin's portrayer, Ice T, is up for a Grammy tonight with his heavy metal (yep, you read that right!) band, Body Count.

ETA: Whoops, the article says those awards have already been held, i.e. not televised tonight and [putting it in spoiler tags should people want to be surprised, in case winners for the pre-show are announced/shown via clips during the show tonight!]...

Body Count/Ice T did win! So, congrats!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

not sure what to make of ice-t and so many commercials: car shield; tide; and now cheerios. 

any thoughts?

I think it's the usual answer: $$$$$$$$$.

These companies ask him to shill for them, he asks for money, they agree. Good for him for diversifying. (Since he also still has his Oxygen series, too, I believe.)

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

yes, of course.

but three commercials with the same actor, running at the same time, is pretty unusual— rare even. i could be wrong, but i can’t think of another actor doing that — ever. maybe voiceovers, but not on screen.

Edited by wonderwoman
41 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

19 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

yes, of course.

but three commercials with the same actor, running at the same time, is pretty unusual— rare even. i could be wrong, but i can’t think of another actor doing that — ever. 

Troy McClure did more than that before breakfast...

• LOL 3