Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

May 20, 2019

Wonderful News from Josiah and Lauren! 

We are so thrilled for Lauren & Josiah expecting! It was very difficult losing their first child in a miscarriage, but now God has blessed them with another child on the way. This year we are going from 12 to 17 grandkids, soon they are going to outnumber our own kids, we are so grateful for each one of them. It’s not easy raising kids in today’s world. Over the years we have asked God for wisdom to help keep our children on the right track and to point each of our family members to a close relationship with God. One of the resources that has been priceless are the messages at https://embassymedia.com/The practical Biblical teachings have inspired us and taught us how to lead our children spiritually, how to have a close marriage relationship, how to resolve conflicts and how to conquer anger. We pray that each one of our descendants will make a positive difference in this world! -Jim Bob & Michelle  

(edited)

Rolling my eyes so hard. Named it just like Michelle and Jim. Anyway congratulations and now Si can relax for a year until time to impregnate his blood mare Lauren.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Aren't early miscarriages fairly common? I'm not trying to make light of anyone's loss, but enough already. Lauren is ridiculous.

You are not wrong.  What she lost last year was most likely a nonviable embryo/fetus.  Something went wrong and no one is to blame.  While I do feel for women who miscarry a wanted baby, the odds of her loss being brought to term as a healthy baby are extremely rare.   It does sound cruel, but this is the way of nature.  

• Love 19

How sad that they have something to prove in their tight little fundie world.  I believe that naming an unfortunate miscarriage is going too far.  Privately, of course they may have already named it, yet to post an actual name for it (and yes!  how on earth did they know the gender already?) is weird.  Admittedly, I've never had a miscarriage, unless I mistook a late heavy period for one.  I have one child by choice.  It just seems to me that they had to rush into another pregnancy, to prove they have a "normal" fundie marriage.  Especially with the speculation about Josiah possibly being gay or bisexual.  I hope it works out well, but it's sad that they probably feel that their only purpose is to be baby machines.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Aren't early miscarriages fairly common? I'm not trying to make light of anyone's loss, but enough already. Lauren is ridiculous.

When my mother was in her last years, I found out I was a second pregnancy. She had miscarried the first. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I agree that everyone mourns a lost pregnancy in their own way. IMO it goes too far when it negatively effects any living children, whether born before or after the miscarriage. The yet to be born 1st child is already displaced by a potential human. To me that's unfair. I hope once he or she is born, the baby can be celebrated as a special and unique being and not always in the same breathe as the miscarried potential baby. 

• Love 24

I assumed she was pregnant again after the Easter picture in the maternity dress.  The article says "fall" so they probably waited until the second trimester to announce.  I certainly can't fault them for that.  

I know everyone grieves in their own way, and I don't doubt that the miscarriage was very painful for them, but the whole "baby number 2" label just feels off to me. 

• Love 18

“Asa” is pretty gender neutral. They may have gone with that name because they didn’t know.

I try hard not to judge how people grieve, because it’s made me BSC more than once. And I really don’t have a frame of reference for being pregnant, miscarriages, or wanting children. I once was in a house of a very nice young couple who had photos of their stillborn five-month-old child everywhere, including closeups of her lifeless little face. I did not know what to say.

So I’m sort of happy for JoLauren because it was clearly a huge deal for her and now Josiah is off the hook for baby making for a while. He will probably be a great father.

But damn I’m tired of Duggar pregnancies. It’s not news, People Magazine. They are really circling the drain if they’re still paying Duggars to be knocked up.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Asa” is pretty gender neutral. They may have gone with that name because they didn’t know.

Not these gender-obsessed jerks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Good grief. While everyone grieves in their own way, grieving to such an extent over an early miscarriage is ridiculous. Pisses me off. My husband and I had a stillborn girl 2 years after we married. She was full term and died in utero. We were allowed to dress her and take pictures of her and us holding her. This pictures are private and put away with our other special things for her, and we don't show them off, or have those pictures on display. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced. We named her Charlotte Elizabeth. She was given a proper burial (not in an ammo can). I think about her every day. And we light a candle for her on her birthday. After that, I miscarried twice before I was able to get pregnant with my son.  I don't mourn over the miscarriages. They were both in the first trimester. But I know I miscarried. My son is a rainbow baby. For these idiots to call this upcoming baby a rainbow baby pisses me off.  You didnt lose a baby. You lost an unviable fetus. Just like I did. Ugh. I do hope that this pregnancy will be a good one and result in a healthy baby and mother. 

I’m sorry for your loss, Q. ❤️

I agree with your comments.  I think Lauren is a drama queen who is milking the miscarriage for all it’s worth.  There; I said it.  Poor Josiah.  I can’t imagine what it must be like to live with her.

• Love 15

While I agree that Lauren seems to be a bit of a drama llama, I can also imagine them calming down a bit about it once they actually have a baby (either because time heals, because the actual baby is a distraction from the grief, or because the actual baby is a better way to get attention, if assuming the worst about them).

• Love 10

The term "rainbow" baby is pretty much widespread to describe any baby conceived after any kind of loss including an early miscarriage. Some people I know use it and some people just don't, but Lauren and Si are imo entitled to use such a term since so many other people are. 

That being said I do think Lauren has really played up the miscarriage and dramatized it in a way I find distasteful. I have never seen a couple so publically grieve the loss of a miscarriage this early and I have fundies on social media, etc. Privately would be a different story, but the constant need to publicize it is what bothers me the most, especially so long after the event. That Mother's Day post was a smack in the face to anyone suffering the same kind of loss or infertility who doesn't have the hope of another baby on the way. 

I wish them a healthy pregnancy and baby and hope that they are able to appreciate the baby without mentioning their previous loss too much. 

• Love 23
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The term "rainbow" baby is pretty much widespread to describe any baby conceived after any kind of loss including an early miscarriage. Some people I know use it and some people just don't, but Lauren and Si are imo entitled to use such a term since so many other people are. 

That being said I do think Lauren has really played up the miscarriage and dramatized it in a way I find distasteful. I have never seen a couple so publically grieve the loss of a miscarriage this early and I have fundies on social media, etc. Privately would be a different story, but the constant need to publicize it is what bothers me the most, especially so long after the event. That Mother's Day post was a smack in the face to anyone suffering the same kind of loss or infertility who doesn't have the hope of another baby on the way. 

I wish them a healthy pregnancy and baby and hope that they are able to appreciate the baby without mentioning their previous loss too much. 

Exactly!  Plus, they KNEW she was pregnant again on Mother's Day, which makes the post a hundred times worse than it already was.  

@QUINNINND, I am so sorry for your loss.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 15

I don’t think Lauren is the impetus for the dramatic, public proclamations of grief - this is a Duggar TV family, publicity stunt move. All attention is good attention for them and this fits perfectly into the narrative.

• Love 8

It's starting to dawn on me that Counting On is simply a twisted fundie version of 16 and Pregnant.   When will the "fans" stop giving these toxic people attention?  Maybe then TLC and People would dump them like they should have long, long ago...

I feel so sorry for Lauren.  Imagine the intense pressure she's under to have a baby?  Every move she makes is going to be under a microscope from now on.  I wonder if she secretly is regretting it all now.

• Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if she secretly is regretting it all now.

I doubt she's regretting the marriage because I think she's got a lot of ambition and craving for...something more....whatever it is. But in the world she's in, the only something more available is being a Duggar-fundie TeeVee star. .... And she's only going to get that by being a Duggar wife-and-mother. 

If you're really docile and low-energy-and-ambition, living out your life in a Gothard-y role is probably all right with you. But when I think of the ones with more energy -- and I think Lauren is one of those....and Josiah seemed to be one once upon a time....I feel as if their lots in life as they stay in this world leave them with pretty poor choices. 

If these two weren't spawned by these families, they could probably get their energy-and-ambition itches scratched in some more productive and even happier way. Maybe Josiah would have gotten a profession or trade of some kind -- held off on linking himself with a lifelong partner until he felt comfortable with himself and comfortable with some other person instead of in this relationship. 

Maybe Lauren could have had more lively things that are actually positive and productive to devote herself to than just pumping out baby after baby to get TeeVEe attention? And she could have waited for a partner she fit with, too? 

It seems they're not people who'll leave the Gothard jail (or at least who won't leave it when they're in a position to earn a living from it). But at the same time they may both want a lot more of life than the Gothard jail will ever give them. So, at their young age, they're already warping themselves pretty badly to get some of their own needs and wants met while still fitting into the Gothard-Duggar-Swanson-shaped cell. 

That's how it looks to me, anyway. She annoys the hell out of me, and Josiah just seems like such a mess. But I still feel bad for them as they agree to be trapped in roles that aren't right for them. ..... feel worse for Josiah. Since I expect he's at least deeply confused about everything and possibly, in this environment, fearing his own choices too much to risk seeing what they'd be. They depress the hell out of me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope once he or she is born, the baby can be celebrated as a special and unique being...

Lauren's the oldest of a pack of kids, Josiah has a pack of younger siblings and 12 nieces and nephews, and Boob & Mechelle are going to have at least 5 grandchildren this year. Lauren's parents might celebrate this baby as a special and unique being, but for everyone else, it's just another tick on the wall towards #200!DuggarGrandchildren

• Love 7

Well, at least Josiah has figured out how to insert Tab A into Slot B more than once. Now, he has a built in excuse to avoid it. By the time these guys have been married for five years, they’ll be having sex once a month (on Lauren’s most fertile day). If that. 

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think so. It must have been a very busy Valentine's Day.

...so by Thanksgiving they'll greatly increase the size of this flock of turkeys. 

Weren't JB and M already crowing today about the damn grandbaby numbers they'll add by the end of the year? More grandbabies than Duggar babies! JB's going to start calling himself Abraham any time now. "I'll make your descendants as numberless as the stars in the heavens, Boob," sayeth the Lord. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

How many are due in November? Is it like all of them except Jessa?

Kendra and Joe didn't give any hint as to when they are due. They did announce a full month before everyone else, and that means they are likely due at least a month before the others. It wouldn't surprise me if they had waited to announce longer due to TLC's focus on Lauren's miscarriage last season.  

Jessa is due in less than 3 weeks. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Kendra and Joe didn't give any hint as to when they are due. They did announce a full month before everyone else, and that means they are likely due at least a month before the others. It wouldn't surprise me if they had waited to announce longer due to TLC's focus on Lauren's miscarriage last season.  

Jessa is due in less than 3 weeks. 

I'd forgotten that J&K just announced "fall." She could go in October.

But add Famy to the November list. 

• Love 1