Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

I also expect some announcements next week; they're going to dump all Duggar news together (like in a recipe). Maybe JB will arrange to due a gender reveal during the wedding like he got Joe to propose to Kendra at Joy's wedding. Now I'm trying to think of how that would work. Maybe the wedding cake could reveal it when they cut into it! Maybe Abbie will wear a pink or blue garter and when they do the garter ceremony, the sex will be revealed! That's kind of cute except they don't do the garter ceremony, which I can understand. 

As for Si and Lauren, I thought she might be pregnant after I saw the photos of her in the mountains with Si and her family.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I also expect some announcements next week; they're going to dump all Duggar news together (like in a recipe). Maybe JB will arrange to due a gender reveal during the wedding like he got Joe to propose to Kendra at Joy's wedding. Now I'm trying to think of how that would work. Maybe the wedding cake could reveal it when they cut into it! Maybe Abbie will wear a pink or blue garter and when they do the garter ceremony, the sex will be revealed

No, no, no! That's tacky. You write it into Jabbie's marital vows, and have the bride and groom film the couple's reaction on their cell phones.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

I also expect some announcements next week; they're going to dump all Duggar news together (like in a recipe). Maybe JB will arrange to due a gender reveal during the wedding like he got Joe to propose to Kendra at Joy's wedding. Now I'm trying to think of how that would work. Maybe the wedding cake could reveal it when they cut into it! Maybe Abbie will wear a pink or blue garter and when they do the garter ceremony, the sex will be revealed! That's kind of cute except they don't do the garter ceremony, which I can understand. 

As for Si and Lauren, I thought she might be pregnant after I saw the photos of her in the mountains with Si and her family.  

Could you imagine them doing the garter thing?  The bride would be allowed to wear it around her ankle, if that.  Then the groom would remove it in a separate room with a chaperone overseeing. It cracks me up just thinking about it.

I'm thinking shes wearing a dress not a blouse & skirt. 

• Love 13

Awkward body language aside, they look nice in terms of their physical appearance. Josiah's tie coordinates with Lauren's sweater and dress, and they look appropriately dressed for a banquet (as opposed to Bin sitting behind them in a long-sleeved knit shirt and jeans. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Awkward body language aside, they look nice in terms of their physical appearance. Josiah's tie coordinates with Lauren's sweater and dress, and they look appropriately dressed for a banquet (as opposed to Bin sitting behind them in a long-sleeved knit shirt and jeans. 

Looking at the other people in that photo, it looks like Lauren (because we all know it's not Josiah's doing) is the only one who understands what "banquet" means and dressed for the event the world implies. Everyone else we can see in that photo is dressed really casually.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Looking at the other people in that photo, it looks like Lauren (because we all know it's not Josiah's doing) is the only one who understands what "banquet" means and dressed for the event the world implies. Everyone else we can see in that photo is dressed really casually.

I attended a Cub Scout banquet last year. I dressed middle of the roadish. They served pizza ?

• Love 10

If I didn't know who they were, I would think they were friends or distant relatives that haven't seen each other in a few years. Either that or two people who can't stand being around each other, but were forced together...oh wait..

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Upon closer inspection, she doesn’t appear pregnant, but she could use a better bra.  Oh brother, if they’re hanging at 19, then she’ll be kicking them by 30.  

Haha, did you see the show with Joan Rivers, an episode of Louie?  She joked about doing that.  Lauren's boobs don't appear overly large for her size.  Maybe they're sagging due to early pregnancy?  Or, OMG!  No bra?  Probably not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Haha, did you see the show with Joan Rivers, an episode of Louie?  She joked about doing that.  Lauren's boobs don't appear overly large for her size.  Maybe they're sagging due to early pregnancy?  Or, OMG!  No bra?  Probably not.

Miss Rivers once said that she was able to "get a pedicure and a mammogram at the same time".

• Love 15

High-waisted pencil skirts, when fitted appropriately, are very flattering for some body types as they draw attention away from the midsection. Melania Trump wears them a lot. I can’t wear one because they make my already ginormous boobs look like I stuck basketballs in my bra, but my cousin looks great in one. Lauren’s is fitted correctly but I think the style is just too old for her. It looks like she borrowed it from her mom. 

• Love 16
On 10/25/2018 at 10:57 PM, Abstract said:

If I didn’t already know who they were, you could tell me that was a couple of 40-year-olds and I wouldn’t question it.

Her sweater doesn't help. But I know sweaters are big in the fundie fashion world. I guess she's already on the road to frumpiness. That's sad at her age.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, lascuba said:

There's also dressing for the event. And honestly, it seems they overdressed for the event. It wasn't so much a banquet as it was a free meal at a fundraiser. Most fundraisers actually include a paid ticket. Not this one! Just a free meal, begging for donations, and the evils of abortion as dinner conversation. Oh, and a guest speaker who has seen the light. 

"You're invited to attend the annual Loving Choices Banquet at the Northwest Arkansas Convention Center. The banquet is free to attendees because of the generosity of our sponsors. However, this is our largest fundraiser, we will ask for monetary gifts.  Doors open at 5:30 pm.  Our featured speaker for this event is Cynthia Wenz.

A nationally recognized voice in the life movement, Cynthia Wenz is founder of Healed for Life Ministries. She speaks about generational brokenness, statutory rape, sexual promiscuity, three abortions, drugs, depression, eating disorders, and two decades of toxic relationships. Through it all, Cynthia learned that, as heartbreaking as a past might be, God radically redeems and wholly heals. All who have experienced severe pain have a choice: to stay submerged in the hurt, or to walk in the fullness of His healing."

• Love 7
6 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’ve never seen two newlyweds with such forced smiles. 

If I had to sit through whatever event they were attending (trying to avoid mentioning it by name), I would have rather forced smile myself. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know who took this picture, but I'm going to guess it was a Duggar because it's awful.

First of all, it's an awful picture of two reasonably attractive young people. I assume that it was taken with a phone. Why not take another? Or just not post it?

Josiah's suit looks like it's reasonably stylish -- perhaps he bought it back in his younger, more stylish days because the effect in this photo is that he's busting out of it a bit.

Lauren's dress is probably okay -- I think the poster who suggested that she might have borrowed it from her mother may be right. Does Jesus love cardigans for some reason? Could she not have worn a short jacket if it was cold? Could she not have worn a dress suitable for the weather?

And, for the 100th time, why do the Duggars insist on taking full length pictures? I'm going to say that about 50% of the awkwardness of this photo is taking place in the bottom half. These two are so awkward together. Josiah's hand looks hot and sweaty, and Lauren's looks dead. I like Josiah's shoes, but Lauren's look like they're uncomfortable and they don't fit her. Whatever she's doing with her leg was probably momentary, but adds another level of weirdness and awkwardness to the photo.

If the photo had been taken from the waist up, we would only have their forced smiles and dead eyes to contend with.

Whatever is going on with these two is just weird. Even if Josiah is gay, his awkwardness with Lauren is still glaring. I have plenty of gay male friends, and they are capable of conversing with me normally, putting an arm around my shoulder, and acting in a normal, human way around women in general. It's more than just a lack of sexual chemistry.

And what's that black protrusion behind her on the right hand side of the photo? My mind kept reading it at first as a huuuge and very low butt, though I know that's not the case. Then I figured it was probably a chair, but all of those seem to be red. The only black things are the napkins on the tables, but there's not a table behind them either. 'Tis a puzzlement.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And what's that black protrusion behind her on the right hand side of the photo? My mind kept reading it at first as a huuuge and very low butt, though I know that's not the case. Then I figured it was probably a chair, but all of those seem to be red. The only black things are the napkins on the tables, but there's not a table behind them either. 'Tis a puzzlement.

That’s probably Bens jacket on the back of his chair. 

• Love 7

I think they look pretty good, especially Josiah. The dress isn't the most flattering on Lauren, but it's an actual dress instead of a jean skirt, stretched out t-shirt, and flip-flops that usually comprise the Duggar women's dress up attire. I think if Sia had unbuttoned his jacket & the picture been cropped a little below the waist, it would have looked better. Although nothing's going to hide those fakey, plastered-on smiles. These two make Joy and Austin look happy together.

• Love 8
On 10/25/2018 at 11:47 PM, ChiCricket said:

If so, I guess they figured out what goes where to make a 'babby.'?

Building an army for Jesus is their "science" class. Isn't that covered in the Wisdom books?

• Love 1
On 10/28/2018 at 9:16 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think it’s Lauren’s purse/clutch.

• Love 2
On 10/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, cmr2014 said:

I have plenty of gay male friends, and they are capable of conversing with me normally, putting an arm around my shoulder, and acting in a normal, human way around women in general. It's more than just a lack of sexual chemistry.

I always feel so bad for poor Josiah. I think it's that awful Alert training along with the horror of being raised by Boob and MEschelle makes him unable to react to others warmly.  My best friend, who is gay, and I go out all the time and constantly have people thinking we're a couple!!  We always get a good laugh out of it when people reference him as my husband! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Have empire-waist dresses been out of style so long that nobody recognizes them any more?!

Very few people were wearing them properly when they were in style anyway. I attempted to wear them but my DD chest won that round.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Very few people were wearing them properly when they were in style anyway. I attempted to wear them but my DD chest won that round.

Yeah, I can't wear them either ..... How do you wear one improperly? 

• Love 2

Y'all, this made me really sad! When I first read the caption, I thought, "first time?! Clearly Lauren's family isn't as political as JB's. Any new Duggar will for sure be introduced to voting." Then it hit me that it's her first time due to her AGE. seriously, married before you've been eighteen for an election, even a smaller one? Side note, I was seventeen in the 2004 election, and wanted to vote soooo badly!!! I attended a teen political conference in DC, and it was so fun talking to the other participants about who they would vote for. We were almost all underage, but had strong opinions, and that was back when you could have differing political opinions but still have civil discourse without demonizing the other side, and still have respect for people no matter who they voted for. Hope this isn't getting too political, but that week changed my life by showing me so much outside of my small town. It would be cool if people like the Duggars could experience something like that, where they could meet teens from both sides who have well thought-out opinions, and aren't just parroting their parents. It might make them question things, and if they stick with their beliefs in the end, at least they have thought about them. It was so crazy being at an event where everyone was so earnest in their desire to vote, but couldn't do it. So I definitely understand being married, 21, and never having voted in a presidential election. However, it's crazy to think about it being Lauren's first time voting because she IS young!!!

Things like this make it hit home just how young she is to have committed her life to a less than ideal marriage forever. On the plus side, she looks gorgeous here, and he looks decent! You'd think they were a normal college freshman couple here, on their way back to the dorms. 

IMG_5921.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, Christina87 said:

You'd think they were a normal college freshman couple here, on their way back to the dorms. 

IMG_5921.PNG

To me it looks like an 18 year old accompanied by her dad to the polls.

But you are so right, it is sad she got married before she could vote. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 23
On 10/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, Christina87 said:

Y'all, this made me really sad! When I first read the caption, I thought, "first time?! Clearly Lauren's family isn't as political as JB's. Any new Duggar will for sure be introduced to voting." Then it hit me that it's her first time due to her AGE. seriously, married before you've been eighteen for an election, even a smaller one? Side note, I was seventeen in the 2004 election, and wanted to vote soooo badly!!! I attended a teen political conference in DC, and it was so fun talking to the other participants about who they would vote for. We were almost all underage, but had strong opinions, and that was back when you could have differing political opinions but still have civil discourse without demonizing the other side, and still have respect for people no matter who they voted for. Hope this isn't getting too political, but that week changed my life by showing me so much outside of my small town. It would be cool if people like the Duggars could experience something like that, where they could meet teens from both sides who have well thought-out opinions, and aren't just parroting their parents. It might make them question things, and if they stick with their beliefs in the end, at least they have thought about them. It was so crazy being at an event where everyone was so earnest in their desire to vote, but couldn't do it. So I definitely understand being married, 21, and never having voted in a presidential election. However, it's crazy to think about it being Lauren's first time voting because she IS young!!!

Things like this make it hit home just how young she is to have committed her life to a less than ideal marriage forever. On the plus side, she looks gorgeous here, and he looks decent! You'd think they were a normal college freshman couple here, on their way back to the dorms. 

IMG_5921.PNG

Josiah needs to spend some time in front of the mirror practicing his smile. Lauren looks happy and excited, and Josiah just looks like the dead-eyed zombie that he's become. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Josiah needs to spend some time in front of the mirror practicing his smile. Lauren looks happy and excited, and Josiah just looks like the dead-eyed zombie that he's become. 

Like another poster said, it seems all of Josiah's spunkiness he had when he was younger was removed at his numerous Alert visits.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

They look like the assistant principal and the weird teacher were forced to hug for an annual picture 

That is a perfect description. I was thinking something like that, but couldn't really come up with a good example. You've hit the nail on the head about the relationship between two people who don't know each other well, but know each other well enough that they don't want to stand next to each other for a photo, but neither can really acknowledge that they'd rather be ANYWHERE else.

• Love 9

It is kind of sad how little this crowd knows their spouses on the wedding day. I starting living in sin at a young age, eventually we married and we're still together some 35 years later. It's only in hindsight that I can see how long it actually took to really know each other.

From what I've gleaned about Lauren, she seems to be a toned down version of Jessa and I think folks with personalities like theirs can make any relationship difficult.  

I wonder how many feelings of 'buyer''s remorse' all these Fundy newlyweds struggle with.

• Love 21
On 10/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, BitterApple said:

Why do the Swanson kids look so unhappy? I think they inherited their RBF from their mom.

Regarding the infamous mustard cardi, I'll admit it looks better on Lauren than the Duggar girls. She has a warm skin tone and brown eyes, which work well with fall shades.

Eta: I just realized in the second to last picture the boys were likely told to look serious in order to mimic the wood statue they were posing next to. So maybe they're not a sad bunch after all.

Pigtails looks pissed in that third picture. 

Has Lauren’s bosom always been this full or should we expect an announcement?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It is kind of sad how little this crowd knows their spouses on the wedding day. I starting living in sin at a young age, eventually we married and we're still together some 35 years later. It's only in hindsight that I can see how long it actually took to really know each other.

From what I've gleaned about Lauren, she seems to be a toned down version of Jessa and I think folks with personalities like theirs can make any relationship difficult.  

I wonder how many feelings of 'buyer''s remorse' all these Fundy newlyweds struggle with.

THIS. And add in the stress of a new baby and I would bet that 90 % of these couples are totally miserable the first 2-3 years until they either give up on the expectation that anything will be different or get to know each other and can start to be more of a team.

These fundie kids have not only ' im now an adult' growing pains, but ' first relationshop' growing pains, moving in AND having a child stress all usually in just 1-1.5 years. WHY DO THE PARENTS DO THIS TO THEIR KIDS. It is a recipe for disaster. I am going to encourage my daughter to move in with her potential spouses before getting engaged. You really don't know someone until you live with them for a while. 

It will be incredibly interesting to see where these couples end up in 10, 15 years. 

And I agree with the personality assessment of Lauren except maybe not even a toned down version. And Josiah is no Ben. I feel like they might clash alot and if Siah has any issues from his masculinity/sexuality being questioned on the internet/his time at alert ( or maybe he is a closet case, but hopefully not) I could see their relationship getting super ugly. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

THIS. And add in the stress of a new baby and I would bet that 90 % of these couples are totally miserable the first 2-3 years until they either give up on the expectation that anything will be different or get to know each other and can start to be more of a team.

These fundie kids have not only ' im now an adult' growing pains, but ' first relationshop' growing pains, moving in AND having a child stress all usually in just 1-1.5 years. WHY DO THE PARENTS DO THIS TO THEIR KIDS. It is a recipe for disaster. I am going to encourage my daughter to move in with her potential spouses before getting engaged. You really don't know someone until you live with them for a while. 

It will be incredibly interesting to see where these couples end up in 10, 15 years. 

And I agree with the personality assessment of Lauren except maybe not even a toned down version. And Josiah is no Ben. I feel like they might clash alot and if Siah has any issues from his masculinity/sexuality being questioned on the internet/his time at alert ( or maybe he is a closet case, but hopefully not) I could see their relationship getting super ugly. 

The only way I see Si and Lauren being marginally happy is if they were both on board with a business arrangement marriage going in. From what I've seen their personalities don't mesh well and I don't sense a huge physical attraction. I think Lauren is a female version of Austin, where she wanted to get married and didn't care to whom, so long as he ticked off the right religious and cultural boxes. Si just wanted to get out of the house.

• Love 16