Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

The juxtaposition of the two posters perfectly sums up how programmed they are in the choices they make. Those two are what, 21 and 18? They should have had a silly date night and watched Night School, but I'd bet the farm that their cult declared that only Gosnell has the Gothard Stamp of Approval™.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Exactly. Anti-choicers are so intellectually dishonest that they pretend Gossell's actions epitomize legal abortions. 

That's it in a nutshell. It may not be a "Christian" themed movie with Kirk Cameron at the helm, but the very fact that the guy performed such heinous procedures under something like a banner of abortion makes them feel justified in classifying every abortion as basically the same thing. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

"We have to pretend that we enjoy spending time together"

In reality one snuck off to A Star is Born and the other went to Christopher Robin.

Now, there's a much happier scenario. I'd far rather watch either of these . Then again, I'm of the sort who wants my movies to entertain and make me happy. Not that there isn't a place for material which may be profoundly disturbing if it opens your eyes to things you were not aware of, but I'd as soon save those for an evening in front of the computer rather than "date time" out at the movies.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Now, there's a much happier scenario. I'd far rather watch either of these . Then again, I'm of the sort who wants my movies to entertain and make me happy. Not that there isn't a place for material which may be profoundly disturbing if it opens your eyes to things you were not aware of, but I'd as soon save those for an evening in front of the computer rather than "date time" out at the movies.

What kind of "date night" involves a movie about Gosnell? That's what baffles me.

Well, I'm even more baffled they could sit through a movie together. Are people sure Josiah didn't sneak into A Star is Born?

• Love 15
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars can play this movie in their heads as the norm. The norm for women who terminate and the norm for terminations. Which, from what I understand, is far from the truth.

Yes. Just like the norm for dating is anonymous hook-ups all day every day.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Yes. Just like the norm for dating is anonymous hook-ups all day every day.

Wait - are you saying that’s not the norm?  I’ve been doing it wrong ?.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Oh for the love. Attention-seeking much? Here's a selfie of me crying, please pat my head. On the other hand, if they went and saw night school, which is what is in the selfie, maybe they were crying from laughter. 

Haha this picture made me laugh. They do not need to become professional actors anytime soon! It reminded me of when my dad had my sister and me pose with a newspaper on September 11, and we looked ridiculous. Of course we were sad, but we were middle schoolers trying to look solemn. It came out with such a fake affect, and that's how these two fools look!

• Love 12

Interesting that Josiah says it's a great movie to watch no matter what side of the aisle you're on. Does this mean he accepts people who have pro-choice views? If so, it's the first time I remember a Duggar ever doing so.

I'm from South Jersey, lived my entire life 18 miles from Philadelphia and I never heard anything about this doctor or this case. I'm pro-choice but the details sound gruesome and I have no desire to see this movie. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Interesting that Josiah says it's a great movie to watch no matter what side of the aisle you're on. Does this mean he accepts people who have pro-choice views? If so, it's the first time I remember a Duggar ever doing so.

I'm from South Jersey, lived my entire life 18 miles from Philadelphia and I never heard anything about this doctor or this case. I'm pro-choice but the details sound gruesome and I have no desire to see this movie. 

I think he wants pro choice people to see this movie and then hopefully change their views.   The fact that this was a special case means nothing to him. 

• Love 11

Good Lord. They come across as  "Oh look at us, we are so sensitive."  They sound like they have the monopoly on watching a movie that "brought tears to our eyes."   Geez I not only cry during shows & Lifetime movies but some commercials as well. 

• Love 21
On 10/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

In reality one snuck off to A Star is Born and the other went to Christopher Robin.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Are people sure Josiah didn't sneak into A Star is Born?

Hahaha! This is what I bet- Josiah is totally a closet Little Monster (Lady Gaga fan).  He told the Duggars they were going to see "Gosnell" but they totally saw and ugly-cried through "A Star is Born."   They then had to cover the tracks of their ugly-crying by making this post to further assert that they definitely did not go see "A Star is Born," but "Gosnell," just in case you were wondering, JD.  Plus, Lauren gets to show off her "sad face" to the camera.  See, internet strangers who say she's a cold b*tch? She has the feelings, too!

(I wish this was true. Or I wish Josiah at least sneaks away at some point to see "A Star is Born" or secretly streams it when it's available that way....because we all know he wants to watch it.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
On 10/15/2018 at 11:03 AM, Barb23 said:

Good Lord. They come across as  "Oh look at us, we are so sensitive."  They sound like they have the monopoly on watching a movie that "brought tears to our eyes."   Geez I not only cry during shows & Lifetime movies but some commercials as well. 

When I saw the picture without knowing anything about it, I thought Lauren had had a miscarriage thus the crying. 

• Love 6

Why do the Swanson kids look so unhappy? I think they inherited their RBF from their mom.

Regarding the infamous mustard cardi, I'll admit it looks better on Lauren than the Duggar girls. She has a warm skin tone and brown eyes, which work well with fall shades.

Eta: I just realized in the second to last picture the boys were likely told to look serious in order to mimic the wood statue they were posing next to. So maybe they're not a sad bunch after all.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Who's taking the picture? Do they still need an accountability buddy? (joking)

Lauren, you're married. How about following Jill & Jinger's example and wear jeans when they're more appropriate than skirts. Like, when hiking or whenever you effing want to wear them.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, louannems said:

That second picture is so awful I wonder why they posted it.  It looks like a lovely autamn day, though. I'm glad to see a flat bellied Lauren.

Lauren probably isn't. I wonder if she's been given the woeful education that Anna had.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

The gulf in that picture speaks volumes. Not buying this union at all. At all.

They ARE kind of far a part, that was the first thing I thought of. And it doesn't look as if they were in motion at the time either.......

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why do the Swanson kids look so unhappy? I think they inherited their RBF from their mom.

Regarding the infamous mustard cardi, I'll admit it looks better on Lauren than the Duggar girls. She has a warm skin tone and brown eyes, which work well with fall shades.

Eta: I just realized in the second to last picture the boys were likely told to look serious in order to mimic the wood statue they were posing next to. So maybe they're not a sad bunch after all.

Yes I think the yellow looks nice on her. I have brown skin and think I look good in mustard yellow and burnt orange etc etc. She looks happier than Josiah in these photos. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

They ARE kind of far a part, that was the first thing I thought of. And it doesn't look as if they were in motion at the time either.......

Yes I think the yellow looks nice on her. I have brown skin and think I look good in mustard yellow and burnt orange etc etc. She looks happier than Josiah in these photos. 

Only because she's with the Swansons, does Lauren look happier.  I don't buy that she would have looked at Si, had it not been for Counting On.  I doubt she watched 17, 18, 19 Kids, without thinking that she could snag that gig for herself, no matter which Duggar male was available.  

I have golden skin, strawberry blonde hair, and I also don't have a problem wearing mustard yellow.  I can also wear OD green.  I actually had my colors done a while back.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Only because she's with the Swansons, does Lauren look happier.  I don't buy that she would have looked at Si, had it not been for Counting On.  I doubt she watched 17, 18, 19 Kids, without thinking that she could snag that gig for herself, no matter which Duggar male was available.  

I have golden skin, strawberry blonde hair, and I also don't have a problem wearing mustard yellow.  I can also wear OD green.  I actually had my colors done a while back.

Yes you're right, she's spending time with her family so it makes sense she would be happy. 

• Love 3

Strange Lauren isn't documenting her life as a newlywed like all the other fundie wives, she looks like the type to show off her new married life. I bet their house isn't finished yet and they're either living with her parents or the trailer they took their 1st trip in.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I disagree that Lauren picked Si, because of Counting On/19 kids, etc. I think "she" picked him, because she was raised IBLP, grew up going to Big Sandy and the Duggars are part of the same community. Also her father seems to want to marry his daughter (and maybe even daughters or sons) off to the Duggars. Like a lot of these young girls/women, I doubt she'd be getting married if she wasn't a fundie. It makes me sad that these young women are pushed to make these decisions at such young ages. 

She is a pretty young lady and she probably will have a baby sooner than later. 

• Love 8

Sorry. I know this is a repeat question, but what do these two do all day?  Are they helping in the renovations of  the huge house they'll be house sitting in?  Does Si help in the Roadside Car Lot? Does Lauren help out with any of the littles or her siblings?  Do they just sit at home ordering pee sticks on line? 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I'll take sitting at home ordering Pee Sticks online for $1,000 Alex.

Hopefully one of them knows Lauren needs to pee on it. Not just take it to the bathroom and wait 60 seconds.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Sorry. I know this is a repeat question, but what do these two do all day?  Are they helping in the renovations of  the huge house they'll be house sitting in?  Does Si help in the Roadside Car Lot? Does Lauren help out with any of the littles or her siblings?  Do they just sit at home ordering pee sticks on line? 

I'm going to take a guess at "regret a lot of things."

If they were a normal pair of newlyweds, they might have a lot of fun free of the responsibilities of work and parenting for a year, but they're not. 

I doubt very seriously that they are fornicating like bunnies. I don't think that they are staying up all night talking about their hopes and dreams. Josiah, at least, has no hobbies or interests. They don't read books or magazine, watch televisions, or go to mainstream movies. They barely know each other and I think they're both terrified to say anything that might sound the least bit non-Gothard-approved.

If I were either of them, I'd be chomping at the bit for Josiah to go back to work, or for Lauren to get pregnant, just so there would be an inert topic for conversation.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Saylii said:

Her face is quite plump.  Combined with the weird outfit I would not be surprised to hear an announcement soon.

If so, I guess they figured out what goes where to make a 'babby.'?

Edited by ChiCricket
forgot a word
  • Love 8