Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Also: daily bathing.

Just don't spend too long in the bathroom, Si, and hide the Men's Health magazine when you're done.

Ahem.....he reads Men's Health for the articles only (wink)

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

That ginormous house is probably haunted which is why no one wanted to buy it. They should now call one of those ghost hunter groups and they can have the mother of all combo shows.

Do Fundies tend to believe in ghosts, or are they typically more fixated on demons? Maybe the place needs an exorcist.

• Love 3

My husband assures me that ghosts believe in you even if you don't believe in them. He claims to have seen a few (allow me a few eyerolls here) but is an otherwise sane human being. I've never seen anything, but there are definite audible footsteps in my guest room when nobody is there. Ghost vs creaky wood floors in an old house, you choose.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Do Fundies tend to believe in ghosts, or are they typically more fixated on demons? Maybe the place needs an exorcist.

Fundies don't believe in Halloween so I doubt they believe in ghosts. A family member wouldn't let her children celebrate Halloween. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Fundies don't believe in Halloween so I doubt they believe in ghosts. A family member wouldn't let her children celebrate Halloween. 

They do believe in the devil and demons and such and many feel that celebrating Halloween is akin to worshipping Satan.  I think they’re not necessarily believing in ghosts as such, but more as a manifestation of evil forces.

I don’t really believe in ghosts, but come from a family where a lot of folks do. One of my sisters recently had some sort of ceremony or something because she decided they had a ghost in their old Victorian house. 

I did have a very strange experience back when I was a teen where I saw someone who could not possibly have been there in a house where I was babysitting in broad daylight, and multiple relatives think it was a ghost. It was damned strange, I will say that.

• Love 8
On 16/09/2018 at 10:45 PM, zoomama said:

back to that huge house for a minute....wasn't one bought to be converted into a church building or some such idea? 

On 16/09/2018 at 10:51 PM, Sew Sumi said:

We just speculated that was why Boob bought it. AFAIK, no Duggar or adjacent is preaching there. 

Oh god when Ben gets qualified will this be his church (also owned by JB) 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Yes, ghosts aren't seen as theologically sound, because the soul is supposed to go directly to heaven or hell; there's no such thing as lingering around after you die (this is the same general principle behind objections to the concept of purgatory).  If they thought it was anything other than a practical cause for such a manifestation, they'd probably term it "demonic attack"; though in my experience "demonic attack" would be saved for something at Exorcist-level proportions, and not every time a dish shifts in the drainer when no one else is around :).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I can picture him breezing past "20 Sex Tip's That'll BLOW HER MIND" for "Rod's Mega Glutes Workout!"

yes, opt for the glutes upkeep, So his FIL won't call him beautiful again, only "handsome" 

Maybe her Dad was thinking what a beeauutiful SIL he had ?

• Love 1

Ooooh oooooh!!! I believe in ghosts!!! (Waves hand wildly). 

I come from a ghost-seeing family. I honestly think the ability to see them is hereditary. My mom and her side of the family are GREAT at seeing them. My dad and his family have a few experiences. I have an ability somewhat between them, and my sister didn't inherit it at all (but I would trade places with her, because she also didn't inherit the migraine genes that are prevalent in our family). 

Haha I know this sounds nuts to some, and kind of off topic! I grew up "knowing" ghosts weren't real, but started to have experiences in college, so my parents opened up about it. Now we are really open about it!

to bring us back to topic...I wonder if the Duggars do believe. I could see it going either way. Catholicism seems to acknowledge them most, in my experience!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I come from a ghost-seeing family. I honestly think the ability to see them is hereditary. My mom and her side of the family are GREAT at seeing them. My dad and his family have a few experiences. I have an ability somewhat between them, and my sister didn't inherit it at all (but I would trade places with her, because she also didn't inherit the migraine genes that are prevalent in our family). 

Haha I know this sounds nuts to some, and kind of off topic! I grew up "knowing" ghosts weren't real, but started to have experiences in college, so my parents opened up about it. Now we are really open about it!

to bring us back to topic...I wonder if the Duggars do believe. I could see it going either way. Catholicism seems to acknowledge them most, in my experience!

You’re fascinating. I’m just going to follow you around now. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Oh, hey! I believe in them too! I saw one (or what I think was one) once when I was a small child. I was so terrified I shoved my own grandmother out of the way so I could run the fuck outta there. I would love to hear some of your stories (maybe over in Small Talk?)! I wouldn't expect the Duggars to believe, though.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, zoomama said:

didnt know anything was thee. did it indicate pregnancy? or maybe the deleting of it speaks louder?

She had recently pinned baby shower and baby gift ideas but it seems she deleted or made them private just a day ago after the tabloids reported about it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, graefin said:

Oh, hey! I believe in them too! I saw one (or what I think was one) once when I was a small child. I was so terrified I shoved my own grandmother out of the way so I could run the fuck outta there. I would love to hear some of your stories (maybe over in Small Talk?)! I wouldn't expect the Duggars to believe, though.

I'm one of the weird sort who manages to sorta-kinda believe in an afterlife of some description in spite of being atheist. Even though there's no objective evidence  that death brings anything but oblivion, it's still a bit hard to wrap one's mind around the complete extinguishment of one's consciousness, and certain stories of ghosts (as well as those of reincarnation) are still rather compelling and hard to dismiss. Somehow there is something comforting in either the idea of some aspect of consciousness lingering for a while, or inhabiting a new life even if it doesn't really seem possible when one comes to really look at it logically. In any case, it makes a whole lot more sense than the idea of a supposedly loving deity creating both thinking entities, and a place of unimaginable torment to toss them for eternity if they come to the conclusion that he does not exist despite his giving no evidence of it. 

Ghost stories do fascinate me,  though. I think we've had some over in Small Talk a few times around this time of year with Halloween around the corner. Anyone have any good ones?

I have one  (more an unexplained occurrence than ghost story, per se), but I know I've told it here at least twice, so it's time for some new ones!

• Love 9
On 21/09/2018 at 4:12 AM, zoomama said:

didnt know anything was thee. did it indicate pregnancy? or maybe the deleting of it speaks louder?

I remember it being incredibly Pinteresty and insipid. No one says the n word on Pinterest, or espouses objectionable political views. I don’t think they can. It’s basically just scrapbooking pretty pictures of cakes etc.

I don’t think anyone has ever had cause to scrub their Pinterest account.  

If fundies don’t believe in ghosts, then it seems I agree with them on something. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 4

I wrote up a few of my experiences in small talk!!! @Jynnan tonnix I agree that the idea of reincarnation is fascinating! I've seen tv shows where these kids were sure they were someone else, and had pretty compelling evidence. Where would a very young kid come up with this stuff? There I a big difference IMO between an older kid with a great imagination and a toddler girl insisting she was a married man with children who died in the Oklahoma City bombing...how would they have come up with that? One thing I can say makes sense about reincarnation is that there is always a good balance of personality types in the world...there hasn't ever been a time when everyone was really vain, for example, or all violent. I don't believe in it per day, but find it interesting, and can't find a way to explain away the evidence. It's a possibility, I guess, and I don't find it completely at odds with my Christian faith. I do believe that spirits who go to heaven can come back for one reason or another (my grandmas came back after my dad had surgery! My mom heard them talking to him in the middle of the night, and saw one). I also believe spirits can delay going to heaven if they want to. It does give me a measure of comfort. I tend to want to be prepared for the worst case outcome, so I can fall into the "what if we're wrong and we just cease to exist after death?" trap, and dwell on it for days. Spirits and reincarnation make me feel better, because even if heaven isn't real, I have some solid evidence I can believe that there might be something after death! Being a spirit might be better though, because you might get a horrible life with reincarnation!!! Anyway, we can continue this over in small talk ?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I don't know about ghosts, but I really hate the migraines that I passed down to my daughter.  I got them from my dad, who got them from his mom, my grandma.

Odd about Lauren getting rid of Pinterest stuff.  I don't visit there much, but it really only means something to the members who pin the same kind of stuff?  Could it be that she's pissed or disappointed that Si wants to wait, and insists on some kind of "family planning?"  Probably not, but who knows.

• Love 4

I see " spirits" and have since I was 4...I do not believe Ghosts are Ghosts but spirits masquerading as dead people..I can also hear them speak through other people --when the people are being influenced....I also have dreams and visions about people...I do wonder if the house is haunted...spirits can attach to objects and people.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't know about ghosts, but I really hate the migraines that I passed down to my daughter.  I got them from my dad, who got them from his mom, my grandma.

Odd about Lauren getting rid of Pinterest stuff.  I don't visit there much, but it really only means something to the members who pin the same kind of stuff?  Could it be that she's pissed or disappointed that Si wants to wait, and insists on some kind of "family planning?"  Probably not, but who knows.

@Dimi1 that is so interesting! I'd love to hear more in small talk. 

@xwordfanatik I really hope I don't pass mine down! That's the one thing that has given me pause about having children someday. I still 100% want them, but no other argument has made me stop and think. My migraines are so debilitating and horrible that I truly believe one of my last thoughts before I die will be relief at never having one again. I was thinking, though, that as awful as they are, I'm still obviously glad to have my life!!! Even though a child of mine may have to suffer with them, I'm also passing down a lot of good qualities, and giving them a life. Hopefully if my future husband doesn't have them, they won't be as severe. It makes you think, though!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

@Dimi1 that is so interesting! I'd love to hear more in small talk. 

@xwordfanatik I really hope I don't pass mine down! That's the one thing that has given me pause about having children someday. I still 100% want them, but no other argument has made me stop and think. My migraines are so debilitating and horrible that I truly believe one of my last thoughts before I die will be relief at never having one again. I was thinking, though, that as awful as they are, I'm still obviously glad to have my life!!! Even though a child of mine may have to suffer with them, I'm also passing down a lot of good qualities, and giving them a life. Hopefully if my future husband doesn't have them, they won't be as severe. It makes you think, though!

I used to have terrible migraines until I had a hysterectomy...have not had one since.  But then, I had horrible allergies to pollen from the time I was 11 until I was 33...and they completely disappeared after I delivered my first child.  Strange but very true!  

• Love 5

I believe all of you guys here. I believe that our souls are energy and when our human bodies quit, that energy 'goes' somewhere. It goes back to it's creator, a force of good that we call God. I also think, obviously, that it is in another dimension that we go and our awareness is still with us, not in a human way but another way. Not going to 'heaven' and being punished for a bad life is something we bring on ourselves by making evil/violent choices here in life and as a result that negativity that we brought on causes us to 'lose our awareness' in the next 'life'...which is the 'hell' as that creator is not present there and we 'drift' in unhappiness for eternity never to return to this life again. I also believe in more than one life...perhaps it's on earth again or not...perhaps it's another 'life' somewhere else in the vast layers of that other dimension. God controls it all.

I have had dream experiences, mostly of my family who have passed on. The symbols they bring in the dream have meanings. My Italian family is well aware of what these symbols mean. Sometimes they speak in the dream and have always been spot on. Things in life happen and in a timely, quite unexpected and not likely manner like my dream indicated. I don't have these dreams or intuitions very often , but at key times in my life. That 'other dimension' could also be right here with us, but most of us are unaware of it. Some people are born with more sensitivity to it and therefore, see souls, etc, as described in your posts. There is more to life that we do NOT see, than we do see, I believe.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, I enjoy reading them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It's been almost 3 months since they married - no news about a pregnancy.

Well, that's about a trimester, so even if they were having a honeymoon baby they might not have announced it yet. I have the feeling she is not pregnant yet, but it's still so early in the marriage that it wouldn't mean anything in any case.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2018 at 5:25 PM, Chicklet said:

My husband assures me that ghosts believe in you even if you don't believe in them. He claims to have seen a few (allow me a few eyerolls here) but is an otherwise sane human being. I've never seen anything, but there are definite audible footsteps in my guest room when nobody is there. Ghost vs creaky wood floors in an old house, you choose.

I have seen things and heard things that cannot be explained.  I am a total believer!  The house I grew up in was very haunted (footsteps, sound of running, seeing 3 different full on figures, voices).  I hated being home alone there.  It was worse when we cleaned it out after my dad died.  My very level headed sister had several experiences when she was there alone during that time.  My current place has things passing through but not constant issues.   It IS hard to believe unless you have experienced it.

I think that would be a hilarious cross over!  TLC could get the Tennessee Wraith Hunters to do it.  They are religious enough they may pass muster with JimBoob.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It's been almost 3 months since they married - no news about a pregnancy.

maybe she is but they don't want to announce too early. i believe she is already pregnant.  josiah will not get out of making 12 babies in his lifetime.

• Love 6
On 9/19/2018 at 7:41 PM, Chicklet said:

That ginormous house is probably haunted which is why no one wanted to buy it. They should now call one of those ghost hunter groups and they can have the mother of all combo shows.

maybe why they took off on a road trip as posted on Instagram.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

maybe she is but they don't want to announce too early. i believe she is already pregnant.  josiah will not get out of making 12 babies in his lifetime.

Especially not if Lauren's already slinging baby stuff up on her social media.  I find that excessive if you don't have a reasonably imminent need for it.  (Then again, I was never one of those women who advance-planned details of her wedding, though many do.  I want a fancy white gown and that's basically it, lol.  The groom can show up wearing board shorts if he wants.  Conversely, I've actually heard secondhand of at least one woman who bought her "dream dress" before there was ever even a groom on the horizon.)

• Love 6
On 9/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, Wishing Well said:

I get three weeks paid vacation a year and I usually try to go somewhere, even if it’s just 2 hours to California or driving to Vancouver (Seattleite here).  There’s just this special feeling on Friday afternoon, turning my out of office email on, leaving a list of tasks and reminders for the assistant manager, hugging my staff goodbye, and getting the fuck outta there.  The second you leave those doors, you’re on VACATION!!! and you just feel 100 pounds lifted off your shoulders.  Then you get to the airport and I always eat qdoba...something about the airport Qdoba is SO good and I only eat it there.  When you actually are at your destination it feels so relaxing and stress free. 

Shame the Duggars can’t ever feel that.

I took a small little trip to the beach this weekend and I could feel myself relaxing just driving there.  It was only one night a little over 2 hours away, but that was enough to recharge for the rest of the workweek. 

• Love 14
On 9/20/2018 at 3:31 PM, Christina87 said:

My late aunt, a very devout Catholic and quite sensible woman, always claimed she saw the Virgin Mary. She was praying for her son who had died when he was 4 or 5 and looked up and saw Mary smile in comfort to her. 

On 9/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, Natalie68 said:

I have seen things and heard things that cannot be explained.  I am a total believer!  The house I grew up in was very haunted (footsteps, sound of running, seeing 3 different full on figures, voices).  I hated being home alone there.  It was worse when we cleaned it out after my dad died.  My very level headed sister had several experiences when she was there alone during that time.  My current place has things passing through but not constant issues.   It IS hard to believe unless you have experienced it.

I think that would be a hilarious cross over!  TLC could get the Tennessee Wraith Hunters to do it.  They are religious enough they may pass muster with JimBoob.  

I wonder if my aversion to ghosts (abject fear actually) is why my past three homes have been new construction? 

• Love 9
On 21/09/2018 at 7:15 PM, galaxychaser said:

Honestly I don’t think that they’re even having sex, Josiah said on his wedding day they were going to take things slowly (Who says that on their wedding day?) I took that as Lauren shouldn’t expect any hanky panky for a while. If speculation about his sexuality is true then why would he even want too? I know he must feel pressure though to get Lauren pregnant, but that still don’t mean they’re doing anything.Saying that watch in a few weeks they could announce a pregnancy and I’m proved wrong. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My late aunt, a very devout Catholic and quite sensible woman, always claimed she saw the Virgin Mary. She was praying for her son who had died when he was 4 or 5 and looked up and saw Mary smile in comfort to her. 

I wonder if my aversion to ghosts (abject fear actually) is why my past three homes have been new construction? 

Interesting!  I love antiques, and since being married, usually bought used furniture, and other things, at thrift shops/yard sales, until we had worked several years.

The houses we bought have both had previous owners.  It's like something I read about Billy Bob Thornton a while back.  He is apparently afraid of antiques or anything that has had previous owners.  It may be fear/aversion to ghosts.  

I don't think my parents ever bought used.  My in-laws did, and my mother-in-law actually triggered me to love old stuff.  It's fun to read about other people's likes and dislikes.  

5 hours ago, Puffin said:

Honestly I don’t think that they’re even having sex, Josiah said on his wedding day they were going to take things slowly (Who says that on their wedding day?) I took that as Lauren shouldn’t expect any hanky panky for a while. If speculation about his sexuality is true then why would he even want too? I know he must feel pressure though to get Lauren pregnant, but that still don’t mean they’re doing anything.Saying that watch in a few weeks they could announce a pregnancy and I’m proved wrong. 

I hope they are taking time to get to know each other before “sealing the deal” so to speak. These people infuriate me so much with their “rules.”  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

someone mentioned the change in his skin. i was thinking that clean bedding and better products for skin care as taught to him by lauren could be the reason.

Isn't there something about stuff like Proactiv, where people say half of what makes the difference is the fact that they've successfully drummed into the users that all of "it" must be used daily in order to work?  The sneakiness of the principle being that, anything you were to do daily in respect of your face would have some type of salubrious effect, even if it were St. Ives; but having shelled out for the Proactiv, parents are motivated to keep nagging their kids to use it? 

I point this out primarily because if we've seen the Duggars fall asleep in their clothes, it seems logical that not every one of the Duggars washes their face nightly either, which could certainly also be a factor.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, queenanne said:

sn't there something about stuff like Proactiv, where people say half of what makes the difference is the fact that they've successfully drummed into the users that all of "it" must be used daily in order to work? 

Yes, it's not different than OTC acne treatments, but the premium price and 'guaranteed results' ensure people stick with it. It's no different than paying for crazy diets that amount to eating fewer calories. 

• Love 5