Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

Marilyn kind of brings in Lauren’s name. 

It would be great if one of the couples combined their own names for their child’s name - like we do for their thread names! Joshanna, JoKenna, Siren, Jabielle, Lauriah, AbbieJo, even Jody is a play on JD

• Laugh 8

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Marilyn kind of brings in Lauren’s name. 

It would be great if one of the couples combined their own names for their child’s name - like we do for their thread names! Joshanna, JoKenna, Siren, Jabielle, Lauriah, AbbieJo, even Jody is a play on JD

Trouble is, thanks to the cult you might have to do it a dozen times....

Jauren. Losiah. Lauriah. Laureniah. Josauren. Jausiah. Joseniah. Laurseniah. Laurosiah. Siahlaur. Siahlauren. Josiren........and Peggy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Laugh 18

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren will not name her child after Mary. It would take the focus off her. The kid's name will probably Laureena or Laurita.

I actually like the name Laurel. 

It's fun to speculate.  

• Like 7

On 8/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, leighdear said:

Well, for Kendra & Joe they could use MaryJo.  For Anna & Josh, they could use, well....MaryJo.  For Lauren & Josiah, they could use....um....uh.....MaryJo......

Is there any girl baby they can't name MaryJo?   

Back in my high school days, there were about 7 girls who hung out together--Mary Lou, 2 Mary Anns, Mary Margaret, MaryPat, Mary Elllen and Barbara.  We called Barbara unMary, so she would feel part of the group.  We were students in a Catholic high school in the late 60s.  Mary was one of the most popular names the year we were born.

So, I think each Duggar granddaughter to be born this fall could be named Mary.  Anna could have Mary Anna, Kendra and Joe could have Mary Jo, Lauren and Josiah could have Mary Milagro.  

Let the Marys begin!

Oops!! I forgot JD and Abbie--They could have Mary Abigail.  Or maybe their little one could be unMary

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

Anna will have Mahree, JD and Abbie will have Mary, Joe and Kendra will have Mary Jo, Josiah and Lauren will have Mayriee (with a ❤️ over the i).

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

I swear most of the women in my husbands family are named Mary Katherine or Mary Patricia or some variation of Mary-something or other. Very catholic large family. MIL is one of 9 and FIL is one of 7. 

I honestly think whoever has the first baby girl out of the lineup will name the baby Mary. And it'll piss everyone else off. LOL.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

I'm calling it right now that NONE of these babies are getting named Mary as a first name. Maybe a variant for Anna, but not an obvious one. I would also not be shocked if none of them had Mary as a middle name, either. If anyone uses Leona, I'll guess Joe and Kendra.

Watch me be very wrong...

• Like 11

10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

How about Mary as a middle name?

I have a friend whose family, for at least 3 generations, has used Marie as the middle name of all the females.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Jessa was due June 6th with Ivy. She would have conceived around September 10th. Meech's birthday is September 13th.

So they were pregnant at the same time but not due at the same time. They were likely due 4-6 weeks apart. Unless I'm missing something and Meech's birthday is a month later. Then that would make more sense for them to be due around the same time.

I'm still going with the simple explanation that the Duggars can't math.

Ah my bad, for some reason I was under the impression Jessa’s original due date was 6/1.  Then yeah, 6/6 they are fudging the truth or Lauren has really irregular cycles.

Lauren has said the first girl will have the middle name Milagro, or at least heavily implied it in the past because all the first born females in her family have that middle name.  My money is still on some variation of Belle/Bella Milagro.  I totally think they are doing the ABC name route.

Edited by Saylii
  • Like 4

I doubt if any of them will name a baby after Mary. Despite the emoting when she died, I don’t think any of them actually cared much about her. Jim Bob seemed to have a great deal of contempt for his parents and he and Michelle seemed to regard Mary as little more than an unpaid servant. I wouldn’t be surprised if the kids picked up on their attitude. And I don’t think Michelle would take it well if one of the kids named a baby after Mary before they named one after HER (I know Anna had said that her “M” theme is in Michelle’s honor, but I don’t think Michelle would regard that as enough).

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

10 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I doubt if any of them will name a baby after Mary. Despite the emoting when she died, I don’t think any of them actually cared much about her. Jim Bob seemed to have a great deal of contempt for his parents and he and Michelle seemed to regard Mary as little more than an unpaid servant. I wouldn’t be surprised if the kids picked up on their attitude. And I don’t think Michelle would take it well if one of the kids named a baby after Mary before they named one after HER (I know Anna had said that her “M” theme is in Michelle’s honor, but I don’t think Michelle would regard that as enough).

I can see why you wouldn't want to actually name your kids after Michelle.

Who wants kids named Giant Idiot, Selfish Bitch, Clueless Drugged Out Slug and Me Me Me Me Me? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

IIRC, a 60's Saturday Evening Post magazine had a picture of a multiple birth (quints?) on the cover.  They were mostly or all girls, and every one of the girls had Mary as a first name.  My name is a variation of Mary, and one of my playmates from grade school was Mary Ann.  Many of the Duggars and OfDuggs might think Mary is too old-fashioned of a name.

If Amy were having a girl, I could see her using Mary as a first or middle name, since she seemed closest to Grandma.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Lauren would be the girl to "claim" a name and get pissed if one of her friends stole her name for her own baby.  Good thing for her, she's not allowed to have any friends.  

When I was pregnant, we were not able to agree on middle names.  First names came a little easier.  Our boy choice was Michael, and our girl choice was Laurel.  Mary was one to stay away from all around.  Mr. Six has a Mary Ann and a Mary Patricia in his family.  He was raised Presbyterian but was baptized Catholic (my FIL converted). There's a Mary and a Patricia on my side as well.  My family isn't Catholic though.  Sometimes, it feels like people couldn't agree and just said screw it, her name is Mary.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, a 60's Saturday Evening Post magazine had a picture of a multiple birth (quints?) on the cover.  They were mostly or all girls, and every one of the girls had Mary as a first name.  

These were the Fischer quints from Aberdeen SD.  They were born in September of 1963--4 girls and 1 boy.  The girls were all named Mary because the parents did not have names picked out before they were baptized.  I think they were the first set of quintuplets who survived in the US. 

The children were born naturally, with no medication.  4 out of the 5 were breech.  The community Catholic hospital they were born in had no NICU.  The Fischers only found outt they were having 5 babies a few days before the birth.

Their story makes for some intersting reading.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

I will be very surprised if one doesn't use a variant of Mary for TeeVee purposes. It's pretty obvious Meredith was selected for Meredith Viera but ya know. The Smuggars got put in the time out corner shortly before Meredith's birth.

It all depends on who wants the TeeVee time the most though. 

• Like 2

Laurel is a pretty name, I could see Lauren and Josiah using that. Although, since they used such an unknown Biblical name for their angel baby I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue that trend by using something like Genesis or Saraiah. 

I wonder if any of the Duggar kids will use a J name? Just this week I've read about boys named Jerusalem, Jericho, and Judea (all in different families.)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, marypat57 said:

These were the Fischer quints from Aberdeen SD.  They were born in September of 1963--4 girls and 1 boy.  The girls were all named Mary because the parents did not have names picked out before they were baptized.  I think they were the first set of quintuplets who survived in the US. 

The children were born naturally, with no medication.  4 out of the 5 were breech.  The community Catholic hospital they were born in had no NICU.  The Fischers only found outt they were having 5 babies a few days before the birth.

Their story makes for some intersting reading.

Thank you for validating my memory.  

Lauren has a pretty voice.  

I give credit when credit is due:  Lauren and Josiah are singing on their InstaStory, and Lauren has a beautiful voice IMO.

• Like 1