Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

Lauren would be the girl to "claim" a name and get pissed if one of her friends stole her name for her own baby.  Good thing for her, she's not allowed to have any friends.  

When I was pregnant, we were not able to agree on middle names.  First names came a little easier.  Our boy choice was Michael, and our girl choice was Laurel.  Mary was one to stay away from all around.  Mr. Six has a Mary Ann and a Mary Patricia in his family.  He was raised Presbyterian but was baptized Catholic (my FIL converted). There's a Mary and a Patricia on my side as well.  My family isn't Catholic though.  Sometimes, it feels like people couldn't agree and just said screw it, her name is Mary.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, a 60's Saturday Evening Post magazine had a picture of a multiple birth (quints?) on the cover.  They were mostly or all girls, and every one of the girls had Mary as a first name.  

These were the Fischer quints from Aberdeen SD.  They were born in September of 1963--4 girls and 1 boy.  The girls were all named Mary because the parents did not have names picked out before they were baptized.  I think they were the first set of quintuplets who survived in the US. 

The children were born naturally, with no medication.  4 out of the 5 were breech.  The community Catholic hospital they were born in had no NICU.  The Fischers only found outt they were having 5 babies a few days before the birth.

Their story makes for some intersting reading.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

I will be very surprised if one doesn't use a variant of Mary for TeeVee purposes. It's pretty obvious Meredith was selected for Meredith Viera but ya know. The Smuggars got put in the time out corner shortly before Meredith's birth.

It all depends on who wants the TeeVee time the most though. 

• Love 3

Laurel is a pretty name, I could see Lauren and Josiah using that. Although, since they used such an unknown Biblical name for their angel baby I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue that trend by using something like Genesis or Saraiah. 

I wonder if any of the Duggar kids will use a J name? Just this week I've read about boys named Jerusalem, Jericho, and Judea (all in different families.)

• Love 3
15 hours ago, marypat57 said:

These were the Fischer quints from Aberdeen SD.  They were born in September of 1963--4 girls and 1 boy.  The girls were all named Mary because the parents did not have names picked out before they were baptized.  I think they were the first set of quintuplets who survived in the US. 

The children were born naturally, with no medication.  4 out of the 5 were breech.  The community Catholic hospital they were born in had no NICU.  The Fischers only found outt they were having 5 babies a few days before the birth.

Their story makes for some intersting reading.

Thank you for validating my memory.  

Lauren has a pretty voice.  

On 8/15/2019 at 3:53 PM, Zella said:

I get the impression that if Josiah knew Morse code, he'd be blinking an SOS message into the cameras on the next season of Counting On

Someday, we'll see Josiah on TV announcing that he is divorcing his wife and is indeed gay. It shocked me when Elizabeth Smart's dad just announced but I won't be the least bit surprised when Josiah does it.

I still feel sorry for him after all these years. He had no much potential and would have made it through a reputable college if he wasn't bullied into staying home and following Boob's path for him. Sadly, I believe he was forced to marry Lauren even though I don't think they have anything in common because it made good TV.

My girl name ideas are:

Lordess

or Lortesssss

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

It shocked me when Elizabeth Smart's dad just announced 

Wait, what?!!!!!!! Holy shit, when did this happen? Didn't the Smarts have five or six kids?

I totally agree Josiah was strong-armed into marrying Lauren. He seems to politely tolerate her at best. I don't even get a BFF vibe with her the way I did with Marjorie.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Someday, we'll see Josiah on TV announcing that he is divorcing his wife and is indeed gay. It shocked me when Elizabeth Smart's dad just announced but I won't be the least bit surprised when Josiah does it.

I still feel sorry for him after all these years. He had no much potential and would have made it through a reputable college if he wasn't bullied into staying home and following Boob's path for him. Sadly, I believe he was forced to marry Lauren even though I don't think they have anything in common because it made good TV.

My girl name ideas are:

Lordess

or Lortesssss

I wasn't surprised at all.  Told Mr. Natalie at the time that had he not been a Mormon he would have come out.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wait, what?!!!!!!! Holy shit, when did this happen? Didn't the Smarts have five or six kids?

I totally agree Josiah was strong-armed into marrying Lauren. He seems to politely tolerate her at best. I don't even get a BFF vibe with her the way I did with Marjorie.

I completely agree! Marjorie was fun and I have the sense that she loved to learn new things. Lauren is hard to read but it does look like Josiah isn't as happy as he was with Marjorie. Perhaps he loved hanging out at her house learning Spanish and desktop publishing.....now what does he do all day?  

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I completely agree! Marjorie was fun and I have the sense that she loved to learn new things. Lauren is hard to read but it does look like Josiah isn't as happy as he was with Marjorie. Perhaps he loved hanging out at her house learning Spanish and desktop publishing.... now what does he do all day?

Caters to the every whim of his gestating goddess wife? 

I had not heard about Ed Smart.  It is tragic that he had to wait 64 years to be himself.  I hope all of his children continue to be part of his life.  I also feel terrible for his wife.  I wonder if she had any idea or if this was a bombshell.  

• Love 15

Its sad that anyone feels the need to hide their true orientation. Mr Smart hid it that long due to his religion. It wouldn't be easy for anyone with such strict and twisted beliefs to come to terms with such inner turmoil.

I'm guessing uber Fundies would shut down any thoughts or feelings before they could even contemplate them. And if they couldn't shut them down, they'd blame the devil.

So sad and harmful.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Caters to the every whim of his gestating goddess wife? 

I had not heard about Ed Smart.  It is tragic that he had to wait 64 years to be himself.  I hope all of his children continue to be part of his life.  I also feel terrible for his wife.  I wonder if she had any idea or if this was a bombshell.  

Several of his kids, including Elizabeth, have responded supportively to his social media posts.  His wife, Lois, hasn't commented about the situation at all.  She filed for divorce more than a month prior to his post, so it wasn't a shock to her by the time it went public.

In his message, Ed specifically mentions his wife and his regret for the pain he has caused her as well as his continued love and respect for her and the rest of his family.  He says he told them all 'recently' about his decision to live openly as a gay man. 

Elizabeth actually released a statement to the press discussing her parents and that their personal lives are just that and she doesn't judge them for their decisions but continues to love and support them both.

In other words, at least publicly, the Smart family is maintaining a united front and behaving with class and dignity.

Josiah would never receive that kind of public support or even the respectful silence that Ed Smart has received from his estranged wife.  At this point, I don't think it is just JimBob and MeChelle who would publicly disown him.  I don't see Derick and Jill or Jessa and Ben being supportive either publicly or privately and I doubt Reverend Fancy Pants and the missus would even consider polite silence in the public sector if one of the kids came out.  After all, they need those internet hits to keep the bills paid.  They'd probably couch it in a lot of pseudo-Fundie Christian babble; but there is no way they could publicly support any person who was gay and not 'appropriately' ashamed and begging forgiveness.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Josiah would never receive that kind of public support or even the respectful silence that Ed Smart has received from his estranged wife.  At this point, I don't think it is just JimBob and MeChelle who would publicly disown him.  I don't see Derick and Jill or Jessa and Ben being supportive either publicly or privately and I doubt Reverend Fancy Pants and the missus would even consider polite silence in the public sector if one of the kids came out.  After all, they need those internet hits to keep the bills paid.  They'd probably couch it in a lot of pseudo-Fundie Christian babble; but there is no way they could publicly support any person who was gay and not 'appropriately' ashamed and begging forgiveness.

And yet they lied, covered up, and minimized the actions of the child molester in the family.  Not even his victims will come out publicly against him or his actions.  Instead, they are slowly but surely working him back into the public eye as if everything is just great. 🤢

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

And yet they lied, covered up, and minimized the actions of the child molester in the family.  Not even his victims will come out publicly against him or his actions.  Instead, they are slowly but surely working him back into the public eye as if everything is just great. 🤢

Makes me sick. 

• Love 10
On 8/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Churchhoney said:

Trouble is, thanks to the cult you might have to do it a dozen times....

Jauren. Losiah. Lauriah. Laureniah. Josauren. Jausiah. Joseniah. Laurseniah. Laurosiah. Siahlaur. Siahlauren. Josiren........and Peggy. 

Peggysiah? Peggy Josie? Pegren? Loggy? Laupen? Pegsiah?

• LOL 4

Guys, I have just been thinking about how I am annoyed that Lauren basically hijacked Josiah's IG account and just basically inserted herself in everything. Remember when it was just "siduggar"? At least with Joy/Austin and John/Abbie I feel like they jointly decided to have a joint IG account. Plus, I think Abbie still has her own account. I guess Kendra and Joe are a joint account, although it's hard to tell based on the moniker; it could just be Kendra.  The others all have their own accounts.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Lauren, ever the martyr, can’t even wish Josiah  a Happy Birthday without mentioning “our babieS)

We get it, you needed an extra maxi pad several months ago.   

His eyes are dead.  That's not the smile of a newly married man in love and about to be a father, that's the smile of a man who has been conditioned to smile when he is told to, like a machine. 

And he's only 23?!  Wow.  He could be 33 in that photo.  Poor Si.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

His eyes are dead.  That's not the smile of a newly married man in love and about to be a father, that's the smile of a man who has been conditioned to smile when he is told to, like a machine. 

I’m not seeing the dead eyes in the photo tbh.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The only thing Siah has done is deposit his sperm in her vagina. That does not make a great daddy, anyone can do that.  

We all know that, but that detail is lost with Lauren. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not a praying person, but I'm going to give it a shot:

Oh dear Lord please give Josiah and Lauren the wisdom to let their first born child, be their first born child, to shine brightly and not always be dimmed by the shadow of a baby that was never born.

Amen

AMEN!!!!  Dear Lord, I pray for this also. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think he looks like he’s just taken a big bong hit.  I know she’s immature and self-centered, but I do think she loves Josiah.  I hope he can find real joy in fatherhood, because I don’t think being married will do it for him, but I may be dead wrong.  I hope I am.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Puffin said:

I’m not seeing the dead eyes in the photo tbh.

Me either. They look like any other young couple. I don’t agree with the Duggar’s religious beliefs and I think some of these kids have married too young but Josiah and Lauren seem pretty typical of young, small town evangelical couples. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, coconspirator said:

Me either. They look like any other young couple. I don’t agree with the Duggar’s religious beliefs and I think some of these kids have married too young but Josiah and Lauren seem pretty typical of young, small town evangelical couples. 

I'm not particularly seeing dead eyes either, though I am seeing Duggar eyes, which don't, in general, seem to show a lot of emotion. Maybe that's why so many of them (the girls, anyway) pose with such exaggerated, eyes-and-mouths-wide-open  expressions. 

I did kind of get a kick out of Lauren's specifying that his eyes sparkle when they look at her, the assumption seeming, in her mind, that nothing else in his line of vision would ever fill him with as much joy. I might be reading too much into it, but that's just the way it came across to me.

• LOL 5
On 8/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, MonicaM said:

Josh did the patriarchal thing. "All the women within this perimeter, even if they enter temporarily, are mine." 

The powers that be in their stupid world respect that, even though they have to sorta kinda half-pretend they don't when it's carried out in some circumstances, like the Joshley molestations, since society these days has begun to frown. He's doing what they all want, though: declaring total power to keep those dangerous women in their place and guaranteeing that his own DNA will spread out across the world as much as possible. 

A gay guy, of course, is betraying the First Imperative -- How dare he not spend 24 hours a day full of irrepressible urges to spread our patriarch's DNA as far as it can go? 

And of course he doesn't have any impulses to take women by force, either, so what kind of representation is that for his father's line? Weak. Sad. Dangerous for the continuance of male dominance. 

Depressing to think how any kid whose nature goes against those norms must feel pretty much every day of their lives. 

Edited by Churchhoney
23 hours ago, louannems said:

Even the Duggar Family birthday greeting acknowledged Si is SOON going to be a Daddy.

That is going to tick off Lauren!

Edited by BetyBee
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1