Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

When is she due? Gender?

The first pic isn’t too bad since she isn’t holding on to her stomach. She turned sideways to show off her pregnant belly though. Jeez we got it you are pregnant 😁.

Mid-November. 

Siah's pants are way too tight. Yikes. It's almost as if no one taught him how to dress properly. 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I see that discount Heath Ledger solution to the dead eyes problem is squinting so hard that we can't see his dead eyes.

Great Value Heath Ledger.

Dear God his hair is combed forward, he’s not even 25 yet and pulling all the old man moves. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Do you think Lauren secretly wishes she was having a boy so she could stand out & get more attention?  Besides Aza & this being a rainbow baby, there is nothing special or different about her pregnancy than the other Duggar ladies.

• Love 9

As much as I'm not a fan of Lauren, I do feel a bit sorry for her. She's married to the red-headed stepchild in a family where giving birth is as routine as breathing. Not only is she due around the same time as three other family members, but they're all having girls. Her kid won't even stand out from the crowd and she'll barely get to bask in the glow before the next one arrives or someone else announces a pregnancy. I know it's inevitable with such a large group, but it still kind of sucks. 

• Love 16

Lauren and her family were in the same circles as the Duggars for a very long time. They were at Zach Bates's wedding. They were at Jill and Derick's wedding. Derick released a long version of their wedding for their 5th anniversary. The first twenty minutes or so was people entering the church including David and Priscilla Waller (+kids), the Bates family, and the Swansons among others. Lauren is sister-momming for her mother and looking somewhat disinterested while still doing what needs to be done. 

She is definitely from their world and I think that's the main reason she got married to Josiah. Her family also attends events like Big Sandy. 

I think she's overdramatic, but I also feel like she seems somewhat depressed and that marriage is big adjustment for her. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

As much as I'm not a fan of Lauren, I do feel a bit sorry for her. She's married to the red-headed stepchild in a family where giving birth is as routine as breathing. Not only is she due around the same time as three other family members, but they're all having girls. Her kid won't even stand out from the crowd and she'll barely get to bask in the glow before the next one arrives or someone else announces a pregnancy. I know it's inevitable with such a large group, but it still kind of sucks. 

Lauren didn't even get to stand out with her first pregnancy.  (besides the miscarriage) Wasn't Asa due around the same time as Ivy was born?  Asa being a boy would have been the only thing to have set her apart on the Duggar side of the family when everyone else is/was having girls, except Amy. * 

* I just read @cmr2014 post & I admit I forget about the Swanson side of the family. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Lauren didn't even get to stand out with her first pregnancy.  (besides the miscarriage) Wasn't Asa due around the same time as Ivy was born?  Asa being a boy would have been the only thing to have set her apart on the Duggar side of the family when everyone else is/was having girls, except Amy. * 

* I just read @cmr2014 post & I admit I forget about the Swanson side of the family. 

She was, yes. Jessa made that super bitchy Instagram post expressing "sympathy" for Lauren by showing off her own bump and mentioning they would've been due around the same time.

• Love 7

Lauren would have been due long before Jessa. They claim that they were due at the same time but it's impossible if Josiah and Lauren announced at Michelle's birthday party on September 13th per some of the interviews.

I supposed we will find out in late September/early October when they make a memorial post about Asa but they've been pretty cagey on the dates.

Or there is the simplest explanation of them all. They are Duggars and they don't know how to math.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Lauren would have been due long before Jessa. They claim that they were due at the same time but it's impossible if Josiah and Lauren announced at Michelle's birthday party on September 13th per some of the interviews.

I supposed we will find out in late September/early October when they make a memorial post about Asa but they've been pretty cagey on the dates.

Or there is the simplest explanation of them all. They are Duggars and they don't know how to math.

I think if Lauren had taken the pee test that morning and had the shirt ready to go, the timeline barely fits but it’s possible.  She was probably taking pee tests every morning leading up to her period.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Saylii said:

I think if Lauren had taken the pee test that morning and had the shirt ready to go, the timeline barely fits but it’s possible.  She was probably taking pee tests every morning leading up to her period.

Jessa was due June 6th with Ivy. She would have conceived around September 10th. Meech's birthday is September 13th.

So they were pregnant at the same time but not due at the same time. They were likely due 4-6 weeks apart. Unless I'm missing something and Meech's birthday is a month later. Then that would make more sense for them to be due around the same time.

I'm still going with the simple explanation that the Duggars can't math.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

It would be hilarious if all the babies were named Mary!

Well, for Kendra & Joe they could use MaryJo.  For Anna & Josh, they could use, well....MaryJo.  For Lauren & Josiah, they could use....um....uh.....MaryJo......

Is there any girl baby they can't name MaryJo?   

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 18
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren will not name her child after Mary. It would take the focus off her. The kid's name will probably Laureena or Laurita.

Mary’s death was actual tragic, too.  At least more tragic than needing a single extra pad one month, and having Josiah carry you around the house. 

We shouldnt count out Asb, Asc, Asd, etc. for future kid names.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Marilyn kind of brings in Lauren’s name. 

It would be great if one of the couples combined their own names for their child’s name - like we do for their thread names! Joshanna, JoKenna, Siren, Jabielle, Lauriah, AbbieJo, even Jody is a play on JD

• LOL 10
On 8/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, leighdear said:

Well, for Kendra & Joe they could use MaryJo.  For Anna & Josh, they could use, well....MaryJo.  For Lauren & Josiah, they could use....um....uh.....MaryJo......

Is there any girl baby they can't name MaryJo?   

Back in my high school days, there were about 7 girls who hung out together--Mary Lou, 2 Mary Anns, Mary Margaret, MaryPat, Mary Elllen and Barbara.  We called Barbara unMary, so she would feel part of the group.  We were students in a Catholic high school in the late 60s.  Mary was one of the most popular names the year we were born.

So, I think each Duggar granddaughter to be born this fall could be named Mary.  Anna could have Mary Anna, Kendra and Joe could have Mary Jo, Lauren and Josiah could have Mary Milagro.  

Let the Marys begin!

Oops!! I forgot JD and Abbie--They could have Mary Abigail.  Or maybe their little one could be unMary

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

I swear most of the women in my husbands family are named Mary Katherine or Mary Patricia or some variation of Mary-something or other. Very catholic large family. MIL is one of 9 and FIL is one of 7. 

I honestly think whoever has the first baby girl out of the lineup will name the baby Mary. And it'll piss everyone else off. LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I'm calling it right now that NONE of these babies are getting named Mary as a first name. Maybe a variant for Anna, but not an obvious one. I would also not be shocked if none of them had Mary as a middle name, either. If anyone uses Leona, I'll guess Joe and Kendra.

Watch me be very wrong...

• Love 12
On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Jessa was due June 6th with Ivy. She would have conceived around September 10th. Meech's birthday is September 13th.

So they were pregnant at the same time but not due at the same time. They were likely due 4-6 weeks apart. Unless I'm missing something and Meech's birthday is a month later. Then that would make more sense for them to be due around the same time.

I'm still going with the simple explanation that the Duggars can't math.

Ah my bad, for some reason I was under the impression Jessa’s original due date was 6/1.  Then yeah, 6/6 they are fudging the truth or Lauren has really irregular cycles.

Lauren has said the first girl will have the middle name Milagro, or at least heavily implied it in the past because all the first born females in her family have that middle name.  My money is still on some variation of Belle/Bella Milagro.  I totally think they are doing the ABC name route.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 6

I doubt if any of them will name a baby after Mary. Despite the emoting when she died, I don’t think any of them actually cared much about her. Jim Bob seemed to have a great deal of contempt for his parents and he and Michelle seemed to regard Mary as little more than an unpaid servant. I wouldn’t be surprised if the kids picked up on their attitude. And I don’t think Michelle would take it well if one of the kids named a baby after Mary before they named one after HER (I know Anna had said that her “M” theme is in Michelle’s honor, but I don’t think Michelle would regard that as enough).

• Love 5

IIRC, a 60's Saturday Evening Post magazine had a picture of a multiple birth (quints?) on the cover.  They were mostly or all girls, and every one of the girls had Mary as a first name.  My name is a variation of Mary, and one of my playmates from grade school was Mary Ann.  Many of the Duggars and OfDuggs might think Mary is too old-fashioned of a name.

If Amy were having a girl, I could see her using Mary as a first or middle name, since she seemed closest to Grandma.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4