Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That is the most joyless pregnancy announcement I have ever seen.

I was thinking the same. Appearance-wise Lauren looks nice, but they're both completely dead in the eyes. I would never guess Josiah is only in his early 20s. He has no spark.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20

Neither one of them looks happy.  They have fake smiles and of course, the smile does not reach their eyes.  If anyone had told me five years ago, this was going to be a how Josiah was going to look, I never would have believed it.  He had this spark, that made him so special, snuffed out. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I was thinking the same. Appearance-wise Lauren looks nice, but they're both completely dead in the eyes. I would never guess Josiah is only in his early 20s. He has no spark.

She must insufferable to live with.  He’s probably miserable.  Poor Si, I feel so sad for him.

55 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She must insufferable to live with.  He’s probably miserable.  Poor Si, I feel so sad for him.

"Josiahhhhhh, get me pregnant. It's the only thing I'm living for, a million babies." God, she really must be exhausting..
Shouldn't the announcement really read..:"Baby girl, we already love you, but not as much as your older sister. You will always be number 2 in our hearts though."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

"Josiahhhhhh, get me pregnant. It's the only thing I'm living for, a million babies." God, she really must be exhausting..
Shouldn't the announcement really read..:"Baby girl, we already love you, but not as much as your older sister. You will always be number 2 in our hearts though."

And you know he’s not getting any sex since the minute she found out she was pregnant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

And you know he’s not getting any sex since the minute she found out she was pregnant.

He may welcome the abstinence. He did his job and knocked her up. He might be perfectly content not to have sex again until peer pressure forces him to put bun #2 (sorry, not counting Asa) in the oven.

• Love 17
On 6/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Per US Weekly, it's a girl.

The article also revealed that Kendra is having a girl.

We'll definitely get a Mary.

eta the link. D'oh!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/josiah-duggar-lauren-swanson-reveal-sex-of-first-child/

Will someone explain the family reveal to me?  I'm totally lost on their explanation -- They had balloons with  white, pink or blue confetti & the pink or blue would determine the sex. How? If someone had a blue confetti filled balloon   & another person a pink one, how would that determine it is a girl?  Why did Lily  hold out a pink one? 

As I posted before & read on another site, at their ages they should be holding diplomas & not their baby gender reveal info .

ETA: I just took some pain med & this may be dulling my reasoning & comprehension skills.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Will someone explain the family reveal to me?  I'm totally lost on their explanation -- They had balloons with  white, pink or blue confetti & the pink or blue would determine the sex. How? If someone had a blue confetti filled balloon   & another person a pink one, how would that determine it is a girl?  Why did Lily  hold out a pink one? 

As I posted before & read on another site, at their ages they should be holding diplomas & not their baby gender reveal info .

ETA: I just took some pain med & this may be dulling my reasoning & comprehension skills.  

I would think that pain meds would help a person to understand a sentence written by a Duggar because those of us that are not under the influence of a mind-altering medication do not understand it either.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would think that pain meds would help a person to understand a sentence written by a Duggar because those of us that are not under the influence of a mind-altering medication do not understand it either.

Love your post. Believe it or not the Duggars have become part of my pain management.  Many nights I wake up in pain & check out what's happening with them while waiting for my pain med to kick in. Before I know it, a half hour has slipped by & my pain has subsided. Other times I check in on the blog if  I'm hurting & it's between times for my pain med.  It does take my mind off the pain or at least dulls it some while I'm reading about what Jill is cooking or wearing or what Jessa is up to. The Maxwells & their old blogs work well too.  I've gone down many black holes of the Internet in the middle of the night to pass time.  (Home births, adoption stories, miscarriages & stillbirths to name a few.*) IIRC, that's how I came across TWOP & realized the Duggars weren't quite the christian family they appeared to be on TV. 

* I also like to explore abandoned places esp old amusement parks so I'm bot totally stuck on what I call Duggar related topics. )

Now to get the train back on the tracks of Siah & Lauren,  I see others were questioning their strange gender reveal on the (i think) Michelle & JB thread.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Someone else on another thread (I think) managed to parse out that it seems all the balloons were supposed to have white confetti, except one. That one would have pink or blue confetti, depending on the sex of the baby. But none of the balloons had anything but white, until Lauren's sister produced an extra balloon with the pink confetti.

My question is, why have the sex-reveal balloon hiding away? Why not just give it to someone and make sure that one was popped last? Or have a bunch of decoy (non-confetti filled) balloons to follow? Actually, why do confetti in balloons at all? That seems wasteful and messy.

• Love 12
On 6/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Per US Weekly, it's a girl.

The article also revealed that Kendra is having a girl.

eta the link. D'oh!

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/josiah-duggar-lauren-swanson-reveal-sex-of-first-child/

While she’s probably thrilled to be called a “celebrity mom,”. I’m sure she’s annoyed they are referring to this as her “first child.”  How quickly “asa” is forgotten.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, McManda said:

My question is, why have the sex-reveal balloon hiding away? Why not just give it to someone and make sure that one was popped last? Or have a bunch of decoy (non-confetti filled) balloons to follow? Actually, why do confetti in balloons at all? That seems wasteful and messy.

Or, they could just have the U/S technician tell them what they’re having, and they text it out. So lame, right?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, Annb67 said:

Stop it Lauren. You look like your finger is up your vagina.

This is at least the second public-masturbation picture I've seen of her .... Although, as someone else has noted, this one also suggests a super-itchy yeast infection. 

Those "cradle the bump" photos bug me whoever is doing them in early pregnancy, but I swear I've never seen anyone else do it so they look more like "publicly fingering my genitals" shots. 

It's especially weird to me, too, since Lauren seems to be quite image conscious and media conscious. In this age when you can check out your photos for flaws the instant they're taken so you can, you know, take a better one, I'm amazed that she hasn't noticed this.....

Unless it's some kind of subconscious rebellion against the mega-"modesty" anti-self-pleasuring regime she was brought up in.  😀

In any case, stop it, Lauren. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, farmgal4 said:

Is over-the-top-attention-seeking a mental health issue?

Not necessarily. In this case, I think it's more like branding. 

Marketing for the social-media age. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/25/2019 at 1:28 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Heck, we might get a cage match as they fight over which one gets to use the name. 

On 6/25/2019 at 5:10 PM, BitterApple said:

I would never guess Josiah is only in his early 20s. He has no spark.

Everything going as planned, then ... 

• Love 4
On 6/26/2019 at 8:13 PM, McManda said:

Someone else on another thread (I think) managed to parse out that it seems all the balloons were supposed to have white confetti, except one. That one would have pink or blue confetti, depending on the sex of the baby. But none of the balloons had anything but white, until Lauren's sister produced an extra balloon with the pink confetti.

I think she did it the way any control freak would do it, didn't she? 

Poor Josiah. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

And how did she get it to fit around her hugely pregnant belly? Answer me that. 

How do you know she’s pregnant though? She’s not groping her own vagina 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

How do you know she’s pregnant though? She’s not groping her own vagina 

Hmmm. Maybe that's the only way she can get it groped. 

I guess if she can't stand up again, she's pregnant. Big pregnant. 

• LOL 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Wow, she feels they’ve had more downs than ups in a year?

Sad.

Given their birth control beliefs, she cold wind up with at least a dozen more miscarriages.

She'll be so down she burrow to the center of the earth. Poor Josiah.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

My vote is for STFU.

I agree.  She's what?  20?  

Lauren, you have experienced a sad event.  Quit making it sound like your whole life's been a tragedy.  

Wait until you've been married for decades to double down on the drama.

• Love 15

Wow, I know Lauren's a drama queen, but that's a pretty sad statement to make about your marriage. 

Like I've said previously, I feel so sorry for this unborn child. He/she will never be able to escape the shadow of the first baby and I have the feeling Lauren will mention his/her lost sibling at every turn. 

• Love 4