Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

If they keep marrying kids off at this rate and nobody is secretly bucking the party line and dabbling in birth control, someone will ALWAYS be pregnant at their sibling's ( or soon to be sibling-in-law's) wedding.  Pregnancy is the default state of married Duggar or Duggar-adjacent females.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

If they keep marrying kids off at this rate and nobody is secretly bucking the party line and dabbling in birth control, someone will ALWAYS be pregnant at their sibling's ( or soon to be sibling-in-law's) wedding.  Pregnancy is the default state of married Duggar or Duggar-adjacent females.

Too true. I'm thinking Jessa is due to announce a pregnancy any day now. Jill and Anna probably will be pregnant this time next year. And Joy probably is pregnant but doesn't know it yet. And there's a good chance Lauren will be pregnant in a few months as well.

• Love 8
(edited)
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I thought Lauren’s family moved to Arkansas? Am I mixing people up ?

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

But, Lauren is from Georgia and will probably have the wedding there.  Lauren's father is a pastor and he and his wife and kids live in Georgia.  Georgia is a much farther flight for pregnant Kendra and Jinger.

Yes Lauren's father moved the family to Arkansas.  Even if they were from GA still, it would probably be easier to let the Duggars handle the details since they're used to  it by now, and they have more money and resources than Lauren's family.  Lauren's father isn't exactly a pastor, he owns some sort of landscaping business and a correspondence ministry. 

Edited by Temperance
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes Lauren's father moved the family to Arkansas.  Even if they were from GA still, it would probably be easier to let the Duggars handle the details since they're used to  it by now, and they have more money and resources than Lauren's family.  Lauren's father isn't exactly a pastor, he owns some sort of landscaping business and a correspondence ministry. 

Lauren's father claims to be pastor of the Georgia War Veterans Home in Milledgeville, GA.  He also owns a lawn and design company and a construction company in Milledgeville, where he lives on a small farm with his wife and eight children.  Josiah and Lauren's engagement photos were taken there.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Lauren's father claims to be pastor of the Georgia War Veterans Home in Milledgeville, GA.  He also owns a lawn and design company and a construction company in Milledgeville, where he lives on a small farm with his wife and eight children.  Josiah and Lauren's engagement photos were taken there.

He may not have updated his website/bio since his move to AR.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

He may not have updated his website/bio since his move to AR.

The engagement photos in Milledgeville, GA were taken in March.  The marriage proposal was a surprise to Lauren.  Josiah went to Georgia to visit her and proposed at the same location where Lauren's parents got engaged.

• Love 1

It seems JB & M are busy on the speaker circuit this summer June 5 - 9 in MI and July 3 - 6 in CA. And the Swanson parents were featured speakers along with JB & M at Big Sandy in the end of April.

Maybe the wedding is this coming weekend? 

27 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

JB & M also are speaking in DC on June 16. I'm guessing this weekend, or not June at all. 

Or just not at all: canceled for lack of interest.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Or just not at all: canceled for lack of interest.

Maybe if there's any sense that they are not about to sneak off for premarital nookie, the wedding date can be put off until a more convenient time...? For all we know, December was not actually a placeholder at all.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems JB & M are busy on the speaker circuit this summer June 5 - 9 in MI and July 3 - 6 in CA. And the Swanson parents were featured speakers along with JB & M at Big Sandy in the end of April.

Maybe the wedding is this coming weekend? 

These are both ATI gigs at the Northwoods in MI and Sacramento, CA. The Bateses will be there as well. The wedding could easily be this weekend with Boobchelle flying into MI on Monday morning. The kids usually don't go to Northwoods or Sacto, just Big Sandy.

Hmm, quite a few items have been purchased off the BBB registry - including some of the larger ticket items.  Methinks this says the wedding is soon - I can't see any of the Duggars buying something early out for a wedding in a few months.  And yes, all 6 of the 16 piece glassware sets were purchased.  Geesh.

• Love 2

Those glassware sets were reasonably priced. I'm always surprised by how many expensive items people register for these days.  This girl I know registered for many expensive items, but then I only know her because she was dating a mutual fundie-lite acquaintance. 

I feel like the rule should be 5-6 expensive items, tops (maybe 3-4 if a later in life couple/blending households), with the understanding that some large groups of people might want to club together on a big-ticket item.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Those glassware sets were reasonably priced. I'm always surprised by how many expensive items people register for these days.  This girl I know registered for many expensive items, but then I only know her because she was dating a mutual fundie-lite acquaintance. 

Oh it wasn't the price of the glassware sets, it was the fact that now that they got all 6 sets- they have 96 glasses!  How does anyone have cupboard space for 96 glasses???

• Love 11

Ok, back to math - it seems it's math day for me because it's still hot here.  So 23 Duggars - including J'Tyler, J'chelle, Boob and grandma Mary.

Anna and kids = 29

Jill - up to 32, add in Derelick's family and get up to 37

Jessa's  + 3 = 40

Ben's extended is I think 8 so = 48

Joy's - 50

Nostril's extended = 55

Joe's - soon to be 2 = 57

Kendra's family + 10 = 67

Anna's siblings and parents +9 = 76

Anna's sibling's partners and kids +27 = 103 

HOLY CRAP! they don't have enough glasses!!!!!

• Love 15
(edited)

@PradaKitty I'm like 90 minutes away, but I figure with 4th of July weekend and our grilling out, beer drinking, tank top wearing partying we may be safe here.

Oh and don't forget TFDW and fam should be there too!  Super squee!!!

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Oh dear god, the Duggars AND Bates’s will be in Sacramento?  I must find some reason to be out of town while they’re here! 

Far, far away....

Thankfully, they don't bring their entire enterouges, just Mere, Pere, and a couple teens. I guess JD as well to fly them in to speak. I doubt the Duggars even stay overnight. 

16 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

JB & M also are speaking in DC on June 16. I'm guessing this weekend, or not June at all. 

Where are they speaking in DC?  I should either try and attend and report back here with intel, or protest outside. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thankfully, they don't bring their entire enterouges, just Mere, Pere, and a couple teens. I guess JD as well to fly them in to speak. I doubt the Duggars even stay overnight. 

At least they aren't going to be at the church in Lodi where they have spoken before (I can't think of the name).  I know where it is, but I have no reason to drive on that road any more.  It is only about 15 minutes from me.  They can stay in Sacramento.

54 minutes ago, awaken said:

Where are they speaking in DC?  I should either try and attend and report back here with intel, or protest outside. 

Okay, now I'm thinking I might have read the FB post wrong. I was snooping on everyone's favorite source for wedding pics to see if I could find Josiah pics last weekend and there's a flyer on her FB page with Jim Bob and Michelle being guest speakers on June 16 from 5-9, but now I'm not sure if it's in DC or not. I can't find anything by Goggling, but it's something called Vac Family Night. 

17 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Okay, now I'm thinking I might have read the FB post wrong. I was snooping on everyone's favorite source for wedding pics to see if I could find Josiah pics last weekend and there's a flyer on her FB page with Jim Bob and Michelle being guest speakers on June 16 from 5-9, but now I'm not sure if it's in DC or not. I can't find anything by Goggling, but it's something called Vac Family Night. 

Geography is involved ? hope they don’t get lost!

This is where they will be:

FA8BE55B-E888-42EB-AA32-954F494D6109.jpeg

236C57A3-C877-4ADF-B9DA-F7B871E85F8C.jpeg

Just now, DragonFaerie said:

I'm like an hour from both San Jose and Sacramento, ya know if I really wanted to torture myself  LOL

What say we stay safe in our homes or haunts of choice and have a cocktail, instead?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is the closest they'll be to me since they visited that head shop in San Francisco years ago. 

I'm going to need a little more information!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Geography is involved ? hope they don’t get lost!

This is where they will be:

FA8BE55B-E888-42EB-AA32-954F494D6109.jpeg

236C57A3-C877-4ADF-B9DA-F7B871E85F8C.jpeg

OK, so, opposite coast from DC!  ;)

(edited)

Looks like they misspelled Calvary on Twitter.

Ugh they remind me of a barely qualified religion professor I had who always used the wrong "altar." 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Looks like they misspelled Calvary on Twitter.

Ugh they remind me of a barely qualified religion professor I had who always used the wrong "altar." 

Whenever I have had the need to spell it (which, to be fair, is almost never), it invariably comes out as Cavalry, and I find myself staring at it for the longest time knowing it looks wrong, but not figuring out why. 

• Love 4

"If you're in California, stop by and see us!"  They have no earthly idea just how big California is, do they?  They must think it's like Arkansas and everything is just a few hours' driving away from everything else.  Um, no.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

"If you're in California, stop by and see us!"  They have no earthly idea just how big California is, do they?  They must think it's like Arkansas and everything is just a few hours' driving away from everything else.  Um, no.

I could give them a pass on this because when I went to college on the east coast,  I met many people who were amazed that you could drive for more than 5 hours and still be in one state. Meanwhile, having grown up on the west coast, I was amazed that you could drive 5 hours and pass through two or more states!

But I won't give them a pass because they have been to California before and they are not teenagers with no travel experience.

• Love 14
(edited)
16 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm going to need a little more information!

It was an old episode of 17 Kids (Mechelle was pregnant ith Jordyn). Production dropped them in the Haight, where they wandered into a headshop. Boob marveled at the "funny looking" pipes. ? They found a boho skirt (on sale, natch) for Joy. TLC did NOT follow them to their speaking engagement in Lodi the next day. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I could give them a pass on this because when I went to college on the east coast,  I met many people who were amazed that you could drive for more than 5 hours and still be in one state. Meanwhile, having grown up on the west coast, I was amazed that you could drive 5 hours and pass through two or more states!

But I won't give them a pass because they have been to California before and they are not teenagers with no travel experience.

I did the opposite - grew up in the Southeast and moved to CA.  I remember a friend in NC contacted me because of a set of wildfires over a decade ago and I had to explain to her that the distance from our place to the fires was the same amount of miles from where she was to FL, I think it was.  She was astonished and blown away.

And yes, they're traveled adults who have been to CA so they should know better.  What's next?  Hey y'all, we're going to be speaking in Toronto, so if you're in Canada come see us.

• Love 8

Dealing with the harshness and criticism in the media. Seriously,,, Really... You mean the big mean media picked on them because their nasty dirty secret about their own son came out. Sorry Ma and Pa Stupid, but you brought it on yourself. Stop playing the victim game. JB is willing to marry off Josiah because he is worried the gravy train might come to a halt soon. Who will be next in the marry off my children game.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Who will be next in the marry off my children game.

I think with so many folks going, meh, another wedding, meh another baby, Boob is going to have to pull out something bigger.  So, either a double wedding for the twins - Jed and Jer, or JD/and or Jana.  Otherwise it's just a line of Jwho this time?

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I did the opposite - grew up in the Southeast and moved to CA.  I remember a friend in NC contacted me because of a set of wildfires over a decade ago and I had to explain to her that the distance from our place to the fires was the same amount of miles from where she was to FL, I think it was.  She was astonished and blown away.

And yes, they're traveled adults who have been to CA so they should know better.  What's next?  Hey y'all, we're going to be speaking in Toronto, so if you're in Canada come see us.

I'm surprised that your friend in NC didn't understand how big California is.  While if you are driving north and south on I95 or I77 it only takes a couple of hours to drive, going east/west takes forever.  It takes forever to drive from Wilmington to the Tennessee border on I40.  I'm in the coastal plain and it takes almost 5 hours to get to Charlotte. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm surprised that your friend in NC didn't understand how big California is.  While if you are driving north and south on I95 or I77 it only takes a couple of hours to drive, going east/west takes forever.  It takes forever to drive from Wilmington to the Tennessee border on I40.  I'm in the coastal plain and it takes almost 5 hours to get to Charlotte. 

We once lived 3 hours from Wilmington with inlaws in TN - I know that 1-40 drive well.  I also have gone from around Durham, NC to the CA bay area 2x.  Once with a hubby, 6 cats and a 70 lb dog in the vehicle.  In February. Obviously I'm certifiable.  :-)

• Love 1

Trace and Lawson were at the Duggar compound this week. I'm guessing for the bachelor party. I found it hilarious that Trace tagged Jessa's IG handle for Ben when he has his own. 

c1301f09-8c9b-415e-956b-f47670d6c51b-540x884.png.d7a31095ce165f2044312bae88c5756b.png

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

We once lived 3 hours from Wilmington with inlaws in TN - I know that 1-40 drive well.  I also have gone from around Durham, NC to the CA bay area 2x.  Once with a hubby, 6 cats and a 70 lb dog in the vehicle.  In February. Obviously I'm certifiable.  :-)

I grew up in Statesville, with relatives in Raleigh and Wilmington. Add me to the club!!!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Trace and Lawson were at the Duggar compound this week. I'm guessing for the bachelor party. I found it hilarious that Trace tagged Jessa's IG handle for Ben when he has his own. 

c1301f09-8c9b-415e-956b-f47670d6c51b-540x884.png.d7a31095ce165f2044312bae88c5756b.png

OK, maybe it's the fact that I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and still have 101 things on today's to get done list before faceplanting, but my first thought was, if I didn't know who these guys were, I would be convinced most of them are gay.  That said I did a quick scan of Elijah's IG account since it's listed there - while avoiding the to-do list, and how effing naive are these people?  A few pics back on his public site, he says that's he's been challenged to take a 2 month IG break so if his friends need to reach him, call or text at - and then put's his PHONE NUMBER on it.  Seriously???  Shakes head.  Also really tempted to comment on that and ask if he gave it up for Lent, but yea, that would start a blocking spree I'm sure  :-)

• Love 3