Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

35 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I've noticed that many of the Duggars kids lost their "spark" after getting married and starting a family, Josiah is no exception.  Jinger a bit, you can see it in her mannerisms, so fake and no spontaneity like she had as a child.  Joy is also going that way slowly.  Josh turned smug, then totally deflated after the scandals.  John David seems to be the only one who seems happier after marriage.

37 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I've noticed that many of the Duggars kids lost their "spark" after getting married and starting a family, Josiah is no exception.  Jinger a bit, you can see it in her mannerisms, so fake and no spontaneity like she had as a child.  Joy is also going that way slowly.  Josh turned smug, then totally deflated after the scandals.  John David seems to be the only one who seems happier after marriage.

Lost some spark, maybe, but otherwise more inflated than not! 😁

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Laugh 5

27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Smuggar was smug years before he got married. I don't see fake in either Jinger or Joy; maybe Jessa. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Just wait till the eleventy billion babies come along. JD may be a bit more “deflated” then. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Just wait till the eleventy billion babies come along. JD may be a bit more “deflated” then. 

Exactly. 

I cannot imagine having children so young and with someone I barely know/tolerate. I don't see the stress of marriage and children bringing these two together, lol.

Random question- does anyone know of any third generation adult gothardites/ATI/IBLP people? I'd be curious to see if the grown Israel/Mackynzie/Spurgies/ ect equivalents have stayed with the cult. Is the cult still too young? 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Random question- does anyone know of any third generation adult gothardites/ATI/IBLP people? I'd be curious to see if the grown Israel/Mackynzie/Spurgies/ ect equivalents have stayed with the cult. Is the cult still too young? 

Great question!  I’d love to see how it percolates down through the generations. It’s clearly losing its hold on many of the youngers. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Going from the emotional age of 12 or 13 to full adult responsibilities can do that to a person. It seems the Duggar 19 get 3 life lessons: stay debt free, remain Gothard and you get to have sex.

For me there are plenty of days celibacy seems like a better option than adulting. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For me there are plenty of days celibacy seems like a better option than adulting. 

If only we got a choice! Actually, adulting while celibate is better than living under Jim Bob's "umbrella" any day. Even his married adult children seem to cater to him way more than I would cater to any of my parents.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Nysha said:

If only we got a choice! Actually, adulting while celibate is better than living under Jim Bob's "umbrella" any day. Even his married adult children seem to cater to him way more than I would cater to any of my parents.

My guess is that you weren't married with young children, yet still financially dependent on your parents.  Even though it's the 19 children that made the financial empire possible, JB apparently holds the purse strings, which gives him enormous power over his brainwashed adult children.  They cater to the king because their livelihood depends on it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if it's just such a shock going from being a "kidult" to an "adult".  And then married. And  TV camera in your face. And a social media account in order to generate fans for the show. 

I personally don't think Josiah is unhappy with Lauren. I do think he would like to move away with Lauren and pursue another path of life. 

WTF does Josiah do for a living anyway? Working with Derick? 😀

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

16 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Exactly. 

I cannot imagine having children so young and with someone I barely know/tolerate. I don't see the stress of marriage and children bringing these two together, lol.

If you're not familiar with Recovering Grace, it's worth at least a brief look -- to see what various people, male and female, whose families brought them into the Gothard world but who later left unhappy have to say. 

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/

There are certainly older adults who joined up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and so on who are still there. Most of the current leadership, for example.

And some members of that crowd are old enough to have not just grown grandchildren but grown great-grandchildren by this point., especially since Gothardism tends toward very early marriage and childbearing. But I've never seen any estimates of how many of the children and grandchildren of first-generation members actively participate after they become adults.

Of course, we know they lose a ton of people.

Some of the old members had a bazillion children. And virtually all had some children -- because the main thing Gothard has always promised was that he'd show you how to control your children. Meanwhile, they've continued to get at least a small number of new members, mostly due -- according to reports  -- to people's infatuation with and desire to emulate the TeeVee-star Duggars (who really really control their children, I might add....perfect Gothardites)

Yet, despite all those inheritors of the cult tradition, plus a small but continuing inflowing trickle of new members, their numbers and the money they've been bringing in have been dropping way way down for years now.

So that math says there have been many many dropouts and only a tiny fringe of remainers among those who inherited the cult....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8

On 5/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think so. It must have been a very busy Valentine's Day.

Do they know it's a Catholic holiday? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Lauren seems to be registered at Amazon. I say seems, because you never know on the internet. It lists her due date as November 17th.