Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd forgotten that J&K just announced "fall." She could go in October.

But add Famy to the November list. 

Amy is due October 10th. She implied so in an Instagram post where she said she is already 19 weeks on May 16.  Amy also announced closer to when Kendra announced. I don't think Kendra said anything about the timing. She could be due in August, but most people (like Duggar Data) think she is probably due early October. 

In November, we have Joy, Anna, Whitney Bates, and Lauren so far.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

I see Erin Bates Paine has been to Lauren's house with her 'on the wall stickies'. If these are stick ons, absolutely a BAD idea for them to be within a child's reach. They will be peeled off as soon as the baby can stand in the crib.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

QuinnInND, so very sorry for your loss.  If I had gone thru what you did, I don't think I could come back from it. You're a strong lady.

Poor Josiah.

Thank you. I owe my strength to my husband. He's an amazing man. I would have fallen apart if not for him. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

His eyes look so...bleak.

So much this.  I have never seen him smile with his entire face in every picture I have seen so far of him and Lauren, including his wedding day.  Compared/contrasted with, say, JD and Abbie, the differences are night and day.  Josiah is a young man who does not appear to be in love with his wife, and Lauren is a far-too-young woman who was indoctrinated with the mission of making her husband happy for the rest of their lives, and in her spare time, pop out as many babies as possible.  It's an impossible situation for both of them.

It sucks, because I always liked Josiah.  He was the only one of the Wonder-Bread boys that actually seemed to have a real spark of personality.  I hope JB and Michelle are both super happy that they've managed to squash that from him, as well as preserve whatever "secrets" Josiah has about himself.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, beckie said:

So, another November baby, like the other three? All they said was fall.

Jill will be busy.....

I can't believe they already have the crib/room ready to go.  (Well I can with these people but you know what I mean.)  I think that would  make things much worse if something happened.

• Love 12

Those baby room pictures are so sad.

Lauren is over the moon because she killed two birds with one stone (i.e., joining the Duggar breeders' club and proving to the world her husband isn't gay). Meanwhile Josiah is completely dead in the eyes. 

If they're fine with a business arrangement marriage, more power to them, but the contrast between Si/Lauren and John/Abbie is startling. 

• Love 4
On 4/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, Pingaponga said:

My guess is that she is pregnant, but not ready to publicly announce it.  If the dress is currently available for sale, then odds are slim-to-none that she would have been able to purchase it when she was pregnant in the Fall - it's not a "Fall dress" in colour or style. I don't know anything about Arkansas, but where I live the Fall clothes are replaced by Winter clothes, which are now replaced by Spring/Summer clothes. There's no way you could find something in a store now that was also for sale in October/November.

When I was four weeks pregnant I no longer fit properly into my regular clothes. I bloated right away, and at six weeks I went shopping for pants two sizes larger than my regular size. At three months, when I went public with my pregnancy, those two-sizes-too-big pants could only be done up with an elastic band. I wore maternity clothes when I went in to work and announced my pregnancy at 3 months along. Two weeks earlier my company had had their annual Christmas party, and I bailed from it as I couldn't fit into any non-maternity clothes without looking really oddly shaped, and I wasn't ready to wear a maternity dress and start rumours swirling.

Lauren may just be someone who shows early, and she wanted something nice to wear for Easter Sunday - so she bought a dress that she could wear through the summer. Unfortunately for her, she had no idea that people would track down the store where she bought the dress and discover that it is a maternity dress. And she's probably terrified of announcing too soon and miscarrying. Announcing early and miscarrying are in no way related, but people are awfully nervous about jinxing themselves.

And you were right. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd forgotten that J&K just announced "fall." She could go in October.

But add Famy to the November list. 

A feral pack of Scorpios. God help them.

I say this as a Scorpio. 😜

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We are so thrilled for Lauren & Josiah expecting! It was very difficult losing their first child in a miscarriage, but now God has blessed them with another child on the way. This year we are going from 12 to 17 grandkids, soon they are going to outnumber our own kids, we are so grateful for each one of them.

No shit, Boob & Michelle, of course your 19 kids' kids will outnumber them, you does the math.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Those baby room pictures are so sad.

Lauren is over the moon because she killed two birds with one stone (i.e., joining the Duggar breeders' club and proving to the world her husband isn't gay). Meanwhile Josiah is completely dead in the eyes. 

If they're fine with a business arrangement marriage, more power to them, but the contrast between Si/Lauren and John/Abbie is startling. 

His smile doesn't reach his eyes and definitely not his soul. 

I don't really get any weird vibes from either one of these, but, what do I know?  lol  What I do wonder about is if any of them consider how that all of these growing families are going to really cause the core family to diverge.  It's just not possible to gather that many people that often and to continue with strong connections over time due to the volume of people.  Even if being a Duggar is your fulltime job (TLC) , it's going to become harder and harder.  So, their goal in the beginning was to be a close family.....but, with multitude of people, I don't know if that's what you really end up with.  

• Love 6

you know, i see all these comments about josiah not appearing totally happy. i really dont see that. it is mentioned that his eyes have no life etc...i dont see that either.  i DO see that he has calmed down significantly -- not so much silly jokester stuff.  i pray that he is a happy guy and that all the assumptions are wrong.

• Love 18

I hope Josiah is happy, but I still feel like he just can't be who he wants to be.  I'm not saying he's gay, but I remember how much he seemed to enjoy life.  Now he seems to look like he's "stuck" (for lack of a better word) and he knows there is no way out. 

I have a family friend and I'm 99% sure her son is gay, but because of his grandfather he is unable to come out. It seems like things that have been said by his mother and grandmother make it seem like he is, but his grandfather is such a homophobic fool, that "S" can't be who he wants to be. 

I don't know if Josiah is living the life he wanted, but, I hope he is.  He may be a Duggar, but, he still has free will.  Any of the adult Duggars are able to make their own life if they wish.  Granted, they have strong background of a certain way of teaching, but, it is possible.  I recently discovered a man that I knew in childhood and teen years to be living an openly guy life. He is the son of one of my parent's former church pastors!! (Yes, Fundie.)  His father was extremely vocal about homosexuality and it was preached as sin in almost every sermon for years.  It was no. 1 on the worse sin list.  Their family left the area many years ago and I had no idea that had transpired. So, I was shocked to see them both on line, with no mention of the other. I'm assuming they are estranged, but, I'm not certain.  Sad, but, the man, who was a kid the last time I saw him is now doing just fine and is an advocate for same sex rights.  The pastors online presence is still Fundie.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

He looks so uncomfortable in every picture I see of them together.

His eyes always convey sadness IMO.  I feel so sorry for him, and I always have.  I think he’ll be a fantastic father, and I hope that fatherhood fills him with the joy and happiness that’s been missing in his life.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

His eyes always convey sadness IMO.  I feel so sorry for him, and I always have.  I think he’ll be a fantastic father, and I hope that fatherhood fills him with the joy and happiness that’s been missing in his life.

I also get the sadness from Josiah.  I get the feeling that he knows something is missing from his life but he cannot figure out what it is.  He married Lauren and is following his family's teachings, but this is not providing him what he needs.  I know this sound very vague, but I don't know how else to describe it and unfortunately neither does Josiah.  He needs something in his life like a real job working for an employer that is not his father, an education, hobbies, etc.  Maybe a child can give this to him, but I don't know. 

Lauren definitely is more into him than he is.  I don't know if it is her playing it up to the camera or if she really loves him or if she is just happy to be "finally" married and pregnant again at the ripe old age of 19-20(not sure the exact age).  If it is the latter, then they are in for decades of misery.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

Amy is due October 10th. She implied so in an Instagram post where she said she is already 19 weeks on May 16.  Amy also announced closer to when Kendra announced. I don't think Kendra said anything about the timing. She could be due in August, but most people (like Duggar Data) think she is probably due early October. 

In November, we have Joy, Anna, Whitney Bates, and Lauren so far.  

Just in time for Christmas--a Duggar grandbabies CD! With all your traditional favorites, as cooed and mewled by the Next Generation. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I get a sweet but trepidatious vibe from Josiah. And Lauren feels very high maintenance and passive-aggressive to me. I wonder if Josiah was paired with a wife more like Kendra, if he would act more like his younger spirited self. 

Just look how much Invisible Joe has brightened and lightened up. None of these Duggars know themselves enough to figure themselves out due to their effed-up upbringing. They're like chameleons - except Jessa, she's a scorpion.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Is Josiah the one that "dated" Kendra first?

I hope for Lauren's sake that she doesn't deliver the same day as one of the other Duggar moms.  Then her baby and its cousin will always be paired and she won't get the spotlight she is craving as a first time mom.  

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, ginger90 said:

May 20, 2019

Wonderful News from Josiah and Lauren! 

We are so thrilled for Lauren & Josiah expecting! It was very difficult losing their first child in a miscarriage, but now God has blessed them with another child on the way. This year we are going from 12 to 17 grandkids, soon they are going to outnumber our own kids, we are so grateful for each one of them. It’s not easy raising kids in today’s world. Over the years we have asked God for wisdom to help keep our children on the right track and to point each of our family members to a close relationship with God. One of the resources that has been priceless are the messages at https://embassymedia.com/The practical Biblical teachings have inspired us and taught us how to lead our children spiritually, how to have a close marriage relationship, how to resolve conflicts and how to conquer anger. We pray that each one of our descendants will make a positive difference in this world! -Jim Bob & Michelle  

God must be slipping on the job because God did not keep Smugs on the right track, and their "descendants" have not made a positive difference in the real world.

I don't know if he's gay. He doesn't look entirely happy to me. But that could be a lot of things.  Among other reasons, I'm glad I didn't have a baby on the way at 22. It's not necessarily an age thing and it's not necessarily that I feel worse for him because he's a guy. But for most people I've known 22 is an age where you still trying to figure stuff out and try stuff out and he seems to have his life planned without really seeing what else is out there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Jill will be busy.....

I can't believe they already have the crib/room ready to go.  (Well I can with these people but you know what I mean.)  I think that would  make things much worse if something happened.

I’m not surprised she has the room ready. She literally has nothing else to do. I bet the room took a day or two to put together back during the previous pregnancy, and she’s back to being bored and waiting to do People photo shoots. Such a dull, understimulating life. 

• Love 18
20 hours ago, Puffin said:

I know for some people Josiah getting Lauren pregnant proves he’s not gay but I’ve read too many stories about married men struggling with their sexuality 10-20 years down the line realise they’re gay and leave their wife and kids because they can’t live that lie anymore. If Josiah is gay then I feel for him and I HATE his parents. 

Yes. I have two friends who had been previously married for 12 years and had three children. Husband then comes out as gay and divorces his wife. Husband came from a religious (conservative) household.

I don't know if Josiah is gay, and I don't know if or when this notion will occur to him (if ever). I do agree with others that he does seem sad in his pictures with Lauren and she is just beaming over being pregnant. This seems like Josh and Anna 2.0, except that Josh is definitely NOT gay and there was never any question about that. And, Josiah has not shown himself to be an asshole.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

As someone who has had 7 miscarriages, it's a big mistake to start saying this is "baby #2" simply because it is CONFUSING.

My 5th child is actually my 12th child? 

Imagine if I said that?  People would assume I have 12 children living in my home and I don't.  I'd get questions about which car I drive and how many bedrooms I have.  Then an awkward conversation about how some of them are miscarriages. 

INSANITY. 

In my heart? Yes, I personally count all my children but I don't SAY that because it causes confusion and is just not reality.

Their sign is cute saying the rainbow baby thing.  Baby #2 is stupid.  At some point they will have to say that this child is their first child and now you have some messed up sign. So typical of the Duggars...living in their own mind and not planning ahead.  

Except you’re sane and not brainwashed into thinking that normal polite conversation should be an opportunity to proselytize. 

In the Duggardome, people asking about baby #1 is a golden opportunity to leap on a soapbox and blather about how all babies are blessings blablabla. Meanwhile, the poor innocent schmuck who asked finally escapes, wild-eyed and mumbling, “I just thought I needed to get another cookie for him.”

And back to more important things: I’m so sorry you went through so much pain even once, let alone seven times. You’re a courageous person.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

As I recall, Anna also had an early miscarriage.  She spoke about it briefly at the time, then it was never mentioned again.  She isn't calling this new pregnancy her 7th child, and they didn't name the baby she lost.  

Erin Bates lost at least 2 babies before she had Carson.  Again, she called him her first child.

Of course, losing a pregnancy, however early, is devastating.  But Lauren could learn a thing or two from Anna and Erin.

In the little I've seen of Lauren, I've gotten the impression that she may be a person with a lot of energy, a lot of unfocused ambition, a desire to steer her own ship, and a desire to be a star or a head honcho somewhere. 

Instead, she's followed family rules and locked herself in a situation that confines her -- from the earliest days of young adulthood -- to a single, quite narrow and strictly defined lifetime role. And she's also expected to embrace and laud that role and be always ready to tell the world that it's the greatest, most satisfying and wonderful thing in the universe.

Plus, she's joined up for life in this endeavor with a headship (supposedly) that she doesn't seem to like all that much and who doesn't seem to like her that much either....And....she may have thought that there'd be more glamour and excitement and scope in being part of the famous TeeVee family than there's turned out to be. 

So my conclusion is that her way of getting her satisfactions from what's turning out to be a highly unsatisfactory situation is to become a huge drama queen. 

I expect she'll be finding new ways to be a huge drama queen forever. 

Because what else has she got that will satisfy an energetic, ambitious, attention-craving person who nevertheless hasn't had the will to turn down the very unsuitable role her cult upbringing groomed her for? 

• Love 12

Just occurred to me who Lauren looks like, body type and face......a 1940s Pin-up Girl ! (Not a bad thing.)  Just has to put her hair into some kind of updo. And maybe wear short-shorts and hold a wrench.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I think Josiah just sucks at smiling on cue. I can relate. 

Unless he just doesn't want kids at all....(which he could have easily prevented it I think) even if he were gay I think he'd be happy about that even if he wasn't happy with whom he's having the kid with. So I don't really think the dead eyes and forced smile mean anything. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think Josiah just sucks at smiling on cue. I can relate. 

Except he used to be one of the most animated Duggar kids. And he was extremely smiley with Margery (?), the one who ended it when the Josh scandal blew up. I think he sucks at smiling when he's not happy, which is different than not smiling on cue.

• Love 19

I've noticed that many of the Duggars kids lost their "spark" after getting married and starting a family, Josiah is no exception.  Jinger a bit, you can see it in her mannerisms, so fake and no spontaneity like she had as a child.  Joy is also going that way slowly.  Josh turned smug, then totally deflated after the scandals.  John David seems to be the only one who seems happier after marriage.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I've noticed that many of the Duggars kids lost their "spark" after getting married and starting a family, Josiah is no exception.  Jinger a bit, you can see it in her mannerisms, so fake and no spontaneity like she had as a child.  Joy is also going that way slowly.  Josh turned smug, then totally deflated after the scandals.  John David seems to be the only one who seems happier after marriage.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Lost some spark, maybe, but otherwise more inflated than not! 😁

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 6
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Smuggar was smug years before he got married. I don't see fake in either Jinger or Joy; maybe Jessa. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Just wait till the eleventy billion babies come along. JD may be a bit more “deflated” then. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Just wait till the eleventy billion babies come along. JD may be a bit more “deflated” then. 

Exactly. 

I cannot imagine having children so young and with someone I barely know/tolerate. I don't see the stress of marriage and children bringing these two together, lol.

Random question- does anyone know of any third generation adult gothardites/ATI/IBLP people? I'd be curious to see if the grown Israel/Mackynzie/Spurgies/ ect equivalents have stayed with the cult. Is the cult still too young? 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Random question- does anyone know of any third generation adult gothardites/ATI/IBLP people? I'd be curious to see if the grown Israel/Mackynzie/Spurgies/ ect equivalents have stayed with the cult. Is the cult still too young? 

Great question!  I’d love to see how it percolates down through the generations. It’s clearly losing its hold on many of the youngers. 

• Love 3